7.1

251 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
281-554-5111

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr.Witz is very straight forward, laid back, and has an excellent bedside manner. He is honest and doesn’t sugar coat anything. He is a great doctor, and had a very warm friendly personality. He answers your questions and does not waste your time allowing you to worry about irrelevant factors. He is highly experienced and very confident in his course of treatment for you... He can sometimes be very booked and will breeze through the appointment- if you write your questions down than you can have them answered even if he seems to be rushing.
During last cycle my nurse [from Houson Fertility Institute] did not make it clear when I should stop taking certain colored pills from my birth control pack. I continued taking them for about five days too long and it overlapped with my progesterone and estradiol. This delayed my cycle about two weeks because I had to reset and stop taking birth control...All the nurses are helpful and make you feel comfortable especially during vagina ultrasounds. Great clinic.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Write down your questions beforehand and bring them with you so you don’t forget to ask him everything. He can sometimes be very booked and will breeze through the appointment- if you write your questions down than you can have them answered even if he seems to be rushing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Office visits were more brief than I would have preferred. Dr. Witz is very nice and personable but I wish he would chat with us more at each visit. We sometimes felt he was rushing to the next patient.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Dr Witz uses Labetalol to help me manage my blood pressure and keep it stable for transfer. He does not promote supplements at all, just healthy diet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecelia)
Cecelia is very sweet and easy to talk to. She got a few my protocol dates and medication dosages wrong during my last cycle which delayed everything a few weeks. She also referred to my frozen embryos as “fair” grade and questioned why I didn’t get pregnant at my last cycle because of not having my embryos tested. She is overall a good nurse, just doesn’t communicate well at times. It is not at all that she doesn’t care- maybe she just gets busy with a large patient number.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic is beautiful, clean, modern, and very relaxing/inviting. They do not over book appointments so there’s never more than just a few people in the waiting room. All staff members are very sweet. The staff in the busin as office have gone above and beyond to help us with financial concerns and paperwork. All the nurses are helpful and make you feel comfortable especially during vagina ultrasounds. Great clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
$1800 doctors fee. $1500 laboratory fee. Embryo cryopreservation yearly fee of $500.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
During last cycle my nurse did not make it clear when I should stop taking certain colored pills from my birth control pack. I continued taking them for about five days too long and it overlapped with my progesterone and estradiol. This delayed my cycle about two weeks because I had to reset and stop taking birth control.
Craig Witz
Katy Office
Treated 2015 - 2016
I mostly felt like a human, but the conversations [with Dr. Craig Witz] felt rushed and not very thorough...He did lots of tests and I never got any answers as to why I wasn't conceiving. "unexplained infertility" was the diagnosis, and then they wanted tons of money for the next steps...That's why I stopped going, it felt like they were very money hungry at that point.
the prices [at Houston Fertility Institute] were very high, even for taking Clomid because they require you to have ultrasounds etc and pay upfront($800)...The office atmosphere is really nice. Just know that this clinic is not cheap, and they do not work with you on payment plans. They expect payment in full at the time of services... He [Dr. Craig Witz] did lots of tests and I never got any answers as to why I wasn't conceiving. "unexplained infertility" was the diagnosis
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
The conversations with him felt rushed and not very detailed. He did lots of tests and I never got any answers as to why I wasn't conceiving. "unexplained infertility" was the diagnosis, and then they wanted tons of money for the next steps. That's why I stopped going, it felt like they were very money hungry at that point.
Listen carefully and ask him to explain all of what he says slowly and thoroughly.
I mostly felt like a human, but the conversations felt rushed and not very thorough.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I don't remember any specifics so excellence or lack there of was not an issue.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office atmosphere is really nice. Just know that this clinic is not cheap, and they do not work with you on payment plans. They expect payment in full at the time of services, which is unreasonable and impossible for many people.
My insurance covered all of the testing up to the diagnosis of infertility. After that the prices were very high, even for taking Clomid because they require you to have ultrasounds etc and pay upfront($800).
Craig Witz