Available by cell phone
FellowshipUSC
1000 E. Park Blvd.
Boise, ID 83712
208-342-5900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cristin Slater to a friend?

4.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Slater has been comprehensive in explanations. She has always answered questions and addressed conserns and been good about checking in and adjusting treatment as we go. As a Single women going through treatment she has done all she can to help and at the same time helped to keep costs down to the best of her ability. I’ve felt comfortable with her from the beginning. She as well has always been open and honest about treatment options and given recommendations but not pushed me into a treatment before I was ready.
2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and if you don’t understand, ask for clarification.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I have always been listened to. My questions and conserns have always been addressed. Most of the staff know my name and are always friendly, supportive and some of my biggest cheerleaders. I’ve never felt apprehensive about going into the clinic and even look forward to it most of the time.
Describe the protocols Cristin Slater used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Most of my protocols have included clomid, trigger and IUI. I have reacted well to the clomid so there wasn’t any reason to use high doses. But given my age, a blocked tube, a high number of failed IUIs and several failed pregnancies, my current option to continue is IVF. Which I’m in the beginning stages of starting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria(iui)/Kara(IVF))
The nursing staff have all been supportive, accessible, prompt at returning communications and easy to talk to
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve had no problems with the clinic so far. The staff is friendly and supportive, no matter we’re they are at in the chain. Appointments have generally been on time. They take their time with me but at the same time get me in and out for appointments.
Boise

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.

[Dr. Cristin Slater is] Very blunt, set in her ways, not willing to think outside the box or do further testing to figure out what is wrong. Shuts down any recommendations to try something new, doesn't recommend any supplements that may help, doesn't recommend updated blood tests or semen analysis. Thinks endometriosis isn't something to check for..... She didn't customize anything to us and wanted to repeat the same generic protocol for over 9 months until I finally said enough is enough.
You'll be treated with the same protocol as literally everyone else.
Just Letrozole for over 9 months and lining was terrible. Did three IUI's when we probably shouldn't have because situations weren't ideal. Wasted so much money. Finally I spoke up and demanded medication to help thicken my lining and add shots to cycle. Still not pregnant.
Helpful, some more than others, and well educated. Some were very great cheerleaders which was appreciated.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is clean, front desk and billing staff are super nice. The lab has nice people drawing blood.. Blood results come back same-day. Some IUI tables recline to help sperm swim upward but not all, which is disappointing. Some ultrasound machines are older and poor quality.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Ultrasounds are $220 each. Consultations are $350 or whatever your specialist copay is with your insurance. Bloodwork will be billed to your insurance but is likely not covered. HSG procedure is under $500 after it's billed to insurance. IUI's are $350 for sperm washing and procedure. Baseline ultrasounds are not required which I wish I was told at first because that would have saved me a lot of money to skip it.
Describe Cristin Slater's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She will let you do both.
Boise

Dr. Slater is very professional, and gives a very detailed explanation of how the IVF process works. Her knowledge on the topic is amazing. We only saw Dr. Slater twice, but she has an amazing team of staff members that we felt very comfortable seeing. Although our first cycle was not successful, we feel confident going back to Dr. Slater for another cycle. When we asked to meet with her to discuss our embryo PGS results, she had no hesitation, and took time to meet with us to explain the results. While it was a very difficult time, she gave us a better understanding, and hope that there can be a different outcome. We look forward to the future care we will continue to receive at ICRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill)
Kara was absolutely amazing! She was so helpful, and had outstanding communication with us throughout our cycle. I was able to reach her by phone and email, and she always responded within a very reasonable amount of time. She displayed compassion and professionalism at every appointment.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well organized and friendly. All employees show their care regarding your personal journey, and express their hope for your success. Each member of the team was professional in their position, and they work well within their office at communicating regarding the patient cycle and care. They work diligently to offer assistance through various financial programs to lower cycle and medication costs. There are many of the staff members who have gone through infertility treatments, and their compassion shows that.
Based on age and health (under 30 and healthy), Dr. Slater recommended that we transfer one embryo. Although, we need made it to embryo transfer.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
As a patient of Dr. Slater's I felt like I was in good hands. She had/has amazing results with IVF and donor egg IVF, we just knew we had found the right one. She did a phone consult with us and was so knowledgeable and informative, it was amazing. When we did our DE transfer she was genuinely excited for us and how many eggs made it to day 5/6!... We did Lupron shots for about 2 months before our transfer. We did Estrogen IM shots every Tues./Fri and IM PIO shots as well. Everything has worked so far!
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
She is so nice and friendly, but will also tell you how it is, which I appreciate.
We had a few appts. at this clinic on the same day and we were running late with one of the appts. She still made time to see us even though we were 1.5 hours late. We were in the office, but chatting away with our egg donor coordinator and lost track of time. They made sure we were still seen by Dr. Slater.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara)
She was with Dr. Slater both times we saw her and she was very nice. When she called me to see how our first ultrasound went she was so happy to hear that it had went well.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
ICRM has been a dream to work with so far. Everyone is SO knowledgeable. It's like these people were created for the jobs they have. Cortney, the Donor Egg coordinator, is the NICEST person you will ever meet. Going through the DE process is honestly terrifying. She has made the process stress free and almost kind of fun. She knew exactly what donor she wanted us to use, and she was literally 100% on. Our donor could be my sibling she looks so much like me. The rest of the staff has been incredible as well. Always getting back to my emails ASAP, calling me to check up, and just overall going out of their way to make me and my husband excited for our next steps. Like I said before, going through the Donor process is hard, nerve-racking and it was sad at first. Knowing my child won't share my genetics was a hard pill to swallow. But we have had amazing results with these guys so far! I am 8w2d as I write this and we have 9 beautiful eggs on ice!
We are going through a "split" Donor Egg cycle so costs are really going to vary. But the costs are something we can actually afford, where as in our home state we can't afford the process here. At ICRM they have SO many options for you. In total I think our process will be under $23k (we are hoping, we don't have final numbers yet) for a fresh donor transfer with blasts to freeze!
Dr. Slater asked what we wanted to do and I said one embryo. I am super young and am very petite so am worried that if we did 2 and ended up with twins, my body wouldn't be able to handle it. She was supportive of that.
Boise

I have only seen the doctor one time...6 plus months ago....Dr Slater was very thorough and precise when speaking with me....I didn’t know the protocol was clomid for days 2-6 because I never got any kind of instructions. So I only found out after two months of taking it on the incorrect days. I finally asked for a treatment calendar once I knew about it...There is little to no instruction or education provided...
The staff is very unprofessional and unreliable. I have had to call multiple times to ask questions and rarely receive a call back unless I make a fuss. I am emailed (which is very impersonal) and once received another persons lab orders/treatment plan by email. The MA seems scattered and unorganized. I was told they had my husband’s lab results then later that they didn’t and we had already started treatment. I wasn’t given a treatment calendar until I asked for one (once I knew such a thing existed). I have only seen the doctor one time...6 plus months ago. Very poor customer service and as a nurse I feel this is unethical...with no other fertility clinics to choose from people are stuck to endure it if they want a baby. I also asked to get a PA for a medication, which wasn’t completed and when I called to find out what happened all I got were excuses. Once I expressed my frustration the MA took responsibility and apologized but it doesn’t take back the last several months of additional stress I have had to put up with.
Do your research first because you have to manage a lot of things yourself. There is little to no instruction or education provided by this clinic.
Dr Slater was very thorough and precise when speaking with me.
Clomid 100mg on days 3-7 then gonal on day 9 U/S on day 10 and then day 12 again triggered with ovidrel that day then times intercourse at 12,24,36hrs clomid 100mg days 3-7 gonal on day 10 U/S day 12 triggered with ovidrel that day then timed intercourse 12,24,36hrs (I asked to switch the gonal and U/S days on this cycle) in hopes that I wouldn’t have to get two ultrasounds (which are $220 a piece)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Medical assistant Maria)
See comments listed previously
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very friendly reception staff, Autumn was very kind. The billing lady (Michelle) is kind of curt which was frustrating as this is a very stressful and expensive process. I called and asked to get some things added to my gap exemption and she took care of it but then went on in her email about how long it took her on the phone and how busy she was that day because one of the receptionists was out sick, very unprofessional.
$220 per ultrasound Gonal $65 per injection Ovidrel $50 per injection

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr Slater has been great. She is very smart and explains things very well. She shows compassion and empathy and really wants to help achieve my goal of getting pregnant.... I have endometriosis and one tube is blocked. My options for the most success is IVF. That is costly for me but we may have to go that route. In the meantime Dr Slater has mentioned IUI with an aggressive approach as far as fertility drugs go.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr Slater has been great. She is very smart and explains things very well. She shows compassion and empathy and really wants to help achieve my goal of getting pregnant. I have had two friends that have seen her and we’re successful. I am hopeful and positive that will be my outcome as well as is Dr Slater.
To ask all questions and not be afraid to ask. It may not be what you want to hear but it’s reality and Dr Slater will give you a straight forward answer in the most compassionate way. She is willing to work with you on your treatment plan so don’t get discouraged!
I think she is great. Very caring and shows compassion and empathy. I felt very comfortable talking with her.
I have endometriosis and one tube is blocked. My options for the most success is IVF. That is costly for me but we may have to go that route. In the meantime Dr Slater has mentioned IUI with an aggressive approach as far as fertility drugs go. We have not decided but with the best success being IVF we may decide to go that route.
They were great! Very compassionate and caring! They are all knowledgeable on your treatment plan and truly care about your treatment and hope for a successful pregnancy as much as you do!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It has all been great as far as the Dr and nurses. The financial coordinator has been ok. Very nice but not as knowledgeable. Not very many treatment options financially to choose from so that’s a little frustrating and discouraging especially since we don’t have all this money up front to pay for treatment.
For IVF it’s going to cost close to 20,000. For IUI cost is close to 2,000
Boise

Dr. Slater is kind, and willing to answer as many questions as you have. I get the sense that she genuinely wants this process to be successful for her patients. If I had a primary suggestion to make, it would be to give some more attention to communicating in patient-friendly ways. Obviously, Dr. Slater has piles and piles of specialized scientific knowledge. And obviously, she is so immersed in the world of fertility treatment that the esoteric, jargonistic language, and acronyms, and process descriptions are second nature to her. But for patients embarking upon these complicated, expensive, overwhelming treatments, it's really important that they be communicated with carefully to ensure full understanding. For example, perhaps instead of saying "attrition rates of blastocysts," say "the number of fertilized eggs that don't make it." As part of my job, I read scientific literature and research all day. I can't imagine how people who don't are able to get much from those check-ins...
Write down questions you have in advance of meetings, ask them, and write down their answers. It's a lot of information to take it, and invariably you will leave a meeting and remember that you meant to ask X, or Y, but forgot in the moment.
My interactions with Dr. Slater have been good, and I don't feel like a number when talking with her. But most of my interactions with the clinic broadly have made me feel like a number. It's often clear that they don't really know who I am as a patient. For example, a small glance at my file (or a note left in the computer, etc) would remind them that I don't have a husband, and allow them to avoid asking questions relevant only to people who do. I don't expect everyone in the clinic to remember personal details about all the patients. But there are ways to set themselves up to make it FEEL like they do-- or at least make it apparent that they took the time to flip open your chart before a conversation.
So far, standard IUI protocol using Clomid and injectables. While this has produced desired egg production, it has not resulted in pregnancy.
The nurses I've interacted with have all been very kind. Especially Jen.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is fine. I think a new patient would want to know that they need to be prepared to coordinate their own care quite a bit if they're not yet at the IVF stage. I expect this is the case with most clinics. It would also be nice if they were contracted with more insurance providers. For example, while my insurance (which is a very large, national insurer) doesn't cover fertility treatment, it would cover some testing etc. if ICRM was in-network.
For IUI (including ultrasounds, meds, and procedure) approximately $1,500-$2,000 per cycle. More for some cycles if additional monitoring was needed.
No comments

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
My experience as a patient of Dr. Slaters was nothing short of amazing after my last FET failed she called me personally to say how bad she felt for me, how sorry she was, and how baffled it did not work and went over what we had done and what she would recommend before the next cycle... Dr. Slater recommended an ERA where we found out I need additional progesterone We are currently getting ready for the next cycle
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
You will absolutely love her.
I felt like I was treated like a human not a number because Dr. Slater are the point to get to know me, why I was seeking treatment, seemed as genuinely interested in finding why we didn’t get the desired results,seemed genuinely sad or happy for me depending on the situation, and made a point to remember my name and greet me by it each time I called or came in.
My first cycle got canceled due to cysts found on my ovaries at the baseline ultrasound. My second cycle we did birth control, estrodile valerate, zpack, diazepam, prednisone, progesterone in oil, progesterone suppositories ( I had an allergic reaction to the suppositories that where compounded and did an additional shot of progesterone in oil) unfortunately that cycle ended in a negative Beta. My third cycle same medications but at the last ultrasound before transfer it showed I had ovulated so that cycle got canceled. My 4th cycle same meds except we added Lupron. Unfortunately that cycle ended in a negative Beta also. At that time Dr. Slater recommended an ERA where we found out I need additional progesterone We are currently getting ready for the next cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina )
Zabrina has always been an amazing communicator responds promptly to emails, phone calls is always more than happy to answer any questions I have, treats me like I am just as important as any other patient
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is amazing great with communication, prompt, treats all patient with kindness and compassion, even if something occurs after hours they drop everything to help, they make everyone feel as if they are the most important patient. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
i don’t remember the exact cost but found it to be very reasonable they gave information on an in house discount program and multiple other programs available
I don’t have any comments as this has not been brought up before in treatment

1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr. Slater prefers to transfer one embryo because of the risks associated with multiple pregnancy. We agreed and proceeded with a single embryo transfer...She doesn't just treat you as a number, she is very personable. When I did my cycle she personally called me after the egg retrieval to let me know the results and ongoing progress with the embryos. She was just as ecstatic as we were about the results! We love her!
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr. Slater explained the entire IVF process thoroughly and wrote out all of our options so we could refer to it later, which we appreciated since it is a lot to take in! She explained to us what she was looking for in every blood test and ultrasound so we would know what to expect. We didn't feel rushed, she explained the proccess and took extra time to answer our questions. We left each appointnent content and knowing what to expect.
She knows what she is doing, trust her and you can't go wrong!
Dr. Slater is an amazing doctor. She doesn't just treat you as a number, she is very personable. When I did my cycle she personally called me after the egg retrieval to let me know the results and ongoing progress with the embryos. She was just as ecstatic as we were about the results! We love her!
My cycle was 10 days long until retrieval day. I started out on one dose each of Follistim and Menopur, then after each blood test the Menopur doses increased to stimulate my follicles. Then during the cycle Cetrotide was added to my regimen to control ovulation. Ovidrel was my trigger shot to mature the eggs. In my initial ultrasound there was 20 follicles visible, in the end I had 22 stimulated follicles which produced 18 eggs. 11 eggs fertilized with the donor sperm and 7 made it to blastocyst stage. 1 embryo was transfered to our Gestational Surrogate which resulted in pregnancy/live birth and 6 were frozen.
Our nurse/coorsinated Kara was very organized and prompt with her instructions. She gave thorough instructions and was very on tip of the whole process. The ultrasound and phlebotomy techs were very friendly and nice to work with. It is a tough job to works all the patients into a scheduke but the receptionists were nice and great at working you in.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic atmosphere is very friendly but they are also respectful in knowing that not all patients get good news. They take good care of you and help you explore any avenue to make you dreams of having a family come true!
The complete cycle cost around $16,000 with all the blood tests, Doctor consultations, ultrasounds for me and my Gestational Surrogate. The medication for me and our surrogste was around $5,000. We estimated we might need about $6,000-8,000 in medication but I stimulated easier than anticipated. So total was around $21,000

4 IUI, IVF
She [Dr. Slater] was always good at getting to the point, but never wanted to try anything considered to be "contriversial" in treatment plan (ie: blood clotting disorder tests, uterine infection tests, she barely recommended the ERA). She is nice, but she loves to push for testing (like pgs) even when you specifically tell her no many times,...Not very good bedside manor, when she called w test results there wasn't any empathy in her voice, always pushed for pgs testing when we acknowledged not wanting it many times...
4 IUI, IVF
She was always good at getting to the point, but never wanted to try anything considered to be "contriversial" in treatment plan (ie: blood clotting disorder tests, uterine infection tests, she barely recommended the ERA). She is nice, but she loves to push for testing (like pgs) even when you specifically tell her no many times, I finally switched doctors to one in same office bc of this)
Don't let her push you into anything you don't want to do
Grow as many eggs as possible, pgs test everything (we didnt), do minimal after transfer. Iui was always the same, never changed (Clomid, gonal-f, trigger). Ivf always the same too (estrogen, progesterone, transfer)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria )
The nurses for iui (Maria) and Slater ivf (zabrina) weren't very professional. There were 3 iui that got cancelled bc she didn't order my meds in time. Zabrina couldn't communicate well, then sent an email complaining about me to me by accident when she was trying to send it to the RE. Unprofessional
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The REs at this office love to control your cycle any way they can. They don't tell you up front that certain things can't do on the weekends (rather don't want to), they require money upfront, don't take payments from all insurance, will push for testing when not needed, unprofessional
Iui was about $1400 per cycle not including lab work. Ivf fresh I don't remember bc my insurance covered a lot. Ivf fet is $3600 per cycle not including blood work

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I really enjoyed Dr. Slater. I, too, have a dry-ish sense of humor. She might come off as blunt to some, but I actually prefer that in a person. These visits can be overwhelming, but she takes time with you without rushing you out the door and really tries to make sure that you understand what's going to happen, and what's next...Dr. Slater gets to know you and is very involved in the process, which she tailors to your specific needs. She takes lots of time with you and answers any questions you may have.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Listen to her! She has an excellent track record and makes all recommendations for a reason.
Dr. Slater gets to know you and is very involved in the process, which she tailors to your specific needs. She takes lots of time with you and answers any questions you may have. You get a sense that she's as invested in a positive outcome as you are.
I was fortunate to conceive twins on my first IVF cycle. I had suffered recurrent miscarriages with no explanations. One of the explanations provided, post-retrieval, was poor egg quality - which stands to reason. Of 27 eggs retrieved at age 37, only 11 fertilized, and only 5 of those made it to blast stage, which I'm told is a lower-than-average percentage. In the event that I was also miscarrying because of a progesterone deficiency, I was pre-emptively put on progesterone vaginal suppositories for the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy. Of two 5-day fresh blasts transferred, both stuck and resulted in di/di boy/girl twins.
When I graduated from the clinic and was passed to the OB, the nursing staff cried right along with me, tears of happiness for our success. They care about you, and they're invested in your outcomes. Absolutely could not be nicer people.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They tend to go over things very quickly, so I recommend bringing a friend or family member / husband, and pens and notepads, so that two+ heads are better than one. I found myself emotionally overwhelmed sometimes, and didn't absorb all of the information necessary, but my "appointment buddy" did, and would write everything down for me, and ask all of the right questions, and go over things with me later so we could talk them through. If I had tried to learn everything by myself, I would have been lost.
The egg retrieval and subsequent fresh transfer and all visits associated was around $9500. The drug regimen required was an additional $4500. The freezing of leftover embryos was $1000, and will be an additional $500 per year. After a deductible was met, my insurance covered the ultrasounds and prenatal care required after I had a positive pregnancy test.
My clinic refused to transfer more than two, as a rule, and they may have had age restrictions on that. I transferred two by choice, knowing that the result could be twins, or in rare cases, more. They were very forthright about the possibilities, and about how carrying multiples is harder on your body.
Boise

We started seeing Dr. Slater after trying Clomid with no success. We immediately started planning for IUI. My body took a long time to respond to the injected medications. Dr. Slater took a cautious approach when upping my dosages. On the day of our scheduled IRI, unfortunately I had to many follicles that could have resulted an egg, so we had to cancel. As disappointed as I was to cancel, I appreciate that Dr. Slater made a wise choice to do so. After that, we moved directly into preparing for IVF, with a frozen egg transfer. Dr. Slater performed my egg retrieval and transfer. Because both me and my embryos were so healthy, she strongly suggested transferring only one embryo. I became pregnant during this, my first round, with identical twins!
Dr. Slater communicated with us very clearly throughout our time at ICRM. She was upfront about risks and our chances of conceiving and giving birth to a healthy child. She recommended transferring only one embryo because of the health of the embryos and my age and health as well. I trusted her during our IVF journey and will gladly work with her again when we are ready to try for more children.
My advice would be to take notes and ask any questions you have, even if they seem silly. Dr. Slater, or a member of her staff, will gladly answer them all.
I felt like a well-cared-for human every step of the way. Dr. Slater took time at every appointment to explain everything thoroughly and answer any and all questions. She was both warm and professional.
I worked with many different nurses and felt cared for, validated, and connected with all of them. They cared about what happened to us and our journey. We had people in our corner for the ups and downs.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was always clean, cozy, and welcoming. Since we were traveling from out of town (about 2 hours away), everyone tried to be as accommodating as possible to respect our time. I understand that they have moved physical addresses, but I'm confident that the atmosphere is the same.
We paid a little over $14,000, not including the cost of medicine.
Dr. Slater let us know from the beginning that our goal was one healthy baby, and her professional opinion in our particular case was to transfer only one embryo. We trusted her judgment and chose to transfer only one.

2013 - 2015
Dr. Slater is very knowledgable, she herself went through IVF to better understand it and to relate better to her patience. However, sometimes my spouse and I would leave confused due the amount of information thrown at us.... My husband has low sperm count and mobility giving us a less than 1% chance of conceiving on our own. We could have done IUI's but again the percentage was to low to even consider. We were recommended to do IVF with ICSI giving us, If i recall correctly a 30% chance of conceiving.
2013 - 2015
To ask any and every questions you have. Make sure you leave feeling understood and that you understand all that you're about to endure.
Dr. Slater and her staff were always kind, relatable, and compassionate through my entire journey.
My husband has low sperm count and mobility giving us a less than 1% chance of conceiving on our own. We could have done IUI's but again the percentage was to low to even consider. We were recommended to do IVF with ICSI giving us, If i recall correctly a 30% chance of conceiving. My husband and I choose to go that last route. Everything went smoothly, they retrieved 27 eggs (which resulted in me getting OHSS), 20 were mature enough, 11 fertilized, 7 continued to grow, but in the end only two made it an continued to mature to the extent needed. However, those two embryos were placed and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy. A few years later when we went back to start IVF over again, Dr. Slater had a new plan for us in hopes to achieve better egg quality and to make sure I wouldn't get OHSS again. We never went through with a second IVF cycle due to an unexplained pregnancy.
Very helpful, cheerful, and educated. I always walked away feeling like my case was the only case they had to deal with that day.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I was very pleased with my clinic and felt that they all worked extremely well together to create a great atmosphere. I felt confident placing my future into their hands and they were always quick to return any phone calls I made with questions. I also only had one bad experience where I didn't feel validated in what I was feeling. That being, when we lost the rest of our embryos vs. the two placed inside of me. Even though it resulted in a singleton pregnancy at the time I felt discouraged that we lost everything else and would have to start again for a sibling. This staff member told me that I got what I wanted which was a pregnancy. Which is true, but I also needed time to mourn what I lost as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I honestly don't recall how they set up my monitoring appointments. But I do remember getting in and out at a timely manner so I could get back to work.
Our cost with ICSI was right under $15,000 including medication that we needed.
I don't recall her exact reasoning but I remember feeling confident in her reasoning at the time with doing two embryos for my transfer.

2012 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. Cristin Slater] won’t get emotional on you. She’s very kind yet very matter of fact. Her confidence is encouraging & she makes you feel like she genuinely wants to help you accomplish your dreams!... We were mainly dealing with me having very resistant ovaries that never wanted to ovulate. I have PCOS & we were trying to conceive for 4 years. I was put on several cycles of metformin, clomid, injections of FSH, & a total of 6 rounds of IUI’s over the span of 4 years.
2012 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
We felt like she was very professional in how she spoke to us about our diagnoses. She drew diagrams for ya and tried to help us understand more thouroughly what was going on with us. She was compassionate in the sense that she felt bad that we had to be in this situation but was confident in her ability and skill to be able to help us out.
She won’t get emotional on you. She’s very kind yet very matter of fact. Her confidence is encouraging & she makes you feel like she genuinely wants to help you accomplish your dreams!
She was very professional but also sensitive to our situation. It gave us confidence that she would do her best to help us accomplish our goal of starting our family!
All of the nursing staff was very kind and extremely hopeful for us! They always made us feel so good. Some even felt like family after a while of going in for treatments.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very nice and an inviting atmosphere. The one thing i didn’t love was if you are needing a Sperm retrieval the bathroom that our husbands are to use was right by the front waiting room. We opted to collect at home but also that conversation was had at the front desk which i would have preferred it to be a little more private. But other than that the clinic was great.
Each cycle round of IUI’s cost us around $1000-$1200 depending on how many ultra sounds we had and how much drugs i needed.

2010 - 2012
She [Dr. Slater] didn't have anything different for me to try after 8 failed IUIs. She just wanted to increase the same meds and keep doing the same thing over and over, which obviously wasn't working because I wasn't responding to them and wasn't getting pregnant. I was in my early 30s and in perfect health, and I ovulated like clockwork on my own... It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try. The only new idea they had was increasing the meds, to which I wasn't reponding well.
2010 - 2012
She didn't have anything different for me to try after 8 failed IUIs. She just wanted to increase the same meds and keep doing the same thing over and over, which obviously wasn't working because I wasn't responding to them and wasn't getting pregnant. I was in my early 30s and in perfect health, and I ovulated like clockwork on my own.
I know Idaho options are very limited. Consider traveling for treatment, or if you must stay local, be prepared to educate yourself and know what to ask for when the standard menu of options doesn't work for you.
They definitely had a process. Try A, if that doesn't work, try B. Then try C. If that doesn't work, schedule a consultation. Repeat. It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try. The only new idea they had was increasing the meds, to which I wasn't reponding well.
Typical Clomid, trigger shot, IUI, progesterone, blood test. She added an injectable for a few cycles but it was very expensive and I never produced more than 2 follicles on it.
They were hard to get ahold of by phone if you missed a call. That said, they were very understanding and sweet when delivering bad news after bad news.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
A nice clinic. Met expectations in terms of cleanliness and comfort. I got the feeling they were professionals who knew what they were doing. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Around $500 per cycle.
Boise
It took a while but I felt Dr. Slater and her staff knew me and cared about my outcome....She is very intelligent which helps you trust her and what she is doing. She struggles to explain things in a way that is easy to understand but she is also okay if you ask her questions or explain it in a different way.... We didn't use ICSI the first time and after that she mandated it which was a good decision.
Tape record or bring someone with you to your first visit so you can listen back to what was said to help explain. In addition don't feel scared to call/email with any questions that may come up.
She explained everything to us. We didn't use ICSI the first time and after that she mandated it which was a good decision.
It took a round of IVF to develop our relationship. Our first interaction was very cold but after we went through a round of IVF she was very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get to know you and you will feel special. Most of the people working there have gone through infertility themselves so they "get it." They have some communication things to still work out.
Unsure
She was honest and open but willing to let us make the decision.

2013 - 2018
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Slater always took time to explain to me what was happening with our treatments. She was clear on our chances of conceiving via IUI and then using a surrogate. We met in person, spoke on the phone, and corresponded via email.... The one negative is that she speaks really really quickly, but I found that to be good: not a lot of time wasted.... At every step, I felt like she wanted to help us, like the specific us, have a baby.
2013 - 2018
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Slater was realistic with our possibilities and chances of having a "take home" baby. At every step, I felt like she wanted to help us, like the specific us, have a baby. The one negative is that she speaks really really quickly, but I found that to be good: not a lot of time wasted.
I recommend her if in Idaho. It's worth travelling to Boise if you aren't from that area.
Dr. Slater always took time to explain to me what was happening with our treatments. She was clear on our chances of conceiving via IUI and then using a surrogate. We met in person, spoke on the phone, and corresponded via email. The support staff at the ICRM was wonderful, too; it seemed like they all worked with Slater as a team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill, Natalie Levin)
OMG, so helpful and nice. Like super normal people who remembered you EVERY visit.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their physical location changed recently. Their old place on Main Street was a renovated house? It was a bit quirky. I hear their new place is lovely and big. Phone calls might not get returned until later in the evening, so if you call in the morning, in a panic with blood in your panties at 6 weeks along, you might not hear from anyone right away.
Pharmacy $6,643.62 Anesthesia $500.00 Retrieval Process $9,797.50
Slater was supportive of our decision to transfer a single embryo, rather than two. It's healthier for the fetus and for the carrier. We both understood that.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Slater was so kind and compassionate. She made she I understood everything I was going to be going through. The tests were coming back fine, but nothing was happening. ... She raised my dosage, nothing came of it. ... After multiple injections, I told her I couldn't afford it anymore. She comped me enough injections to complete one more cycle, and even though it failed, her true compassion showed. ...
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Slater was so kind and compassionate. She made she I understood everything I was going to be going through. The tests were coming back fine, but nothing was happening. After multiple injections, I told her I couldn't afford it anymore. She comped me enough injections to complete one more cycle, and even though it failed, her true compassion showed.
Be open and honest.
Everyone knows your name. Everyone is friendly and compassionate and understanding. Gentle with how the treat you. Care about your pain levels.
Dr Slater wanted to start with letrozole for 3 months. We did that and nothing came of it. She raised my dosage, nothing came of it. She started me on injections and still nothing came of it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Maria was a little difficult to get ahold of in the beginning, but quickly grew better about responding to emails and phone calls. All nurses showed true caring and compassion toward me every single visit.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- compassion they have towards patients. Clean and relaxing environment. Open weekends. Someone is almost always available to talk to. Weaknesses- must always pay upfront, cannot do payment plans.
Expensive, but understandably so. More affordable than having an ultrasound at the local hospital.
Boise

Dr. Slater is kind and nice and wants the best for each person or couple that she sees. Dr. Slater gave us the different scenarios with using IUI and now we recently met discussing IVF...Dr. Slater has updated up on how the procedure works...My spouse was placed on hormones to increase the follicle size and also did injections for three rounds. The first round, too many follicles were produced so Dr. Slater sucked out one.
Dr. Slater is kind and nice and wants the best for each person or couple that she sees. Dr. Slater gave us the different scenarios with using IUI and now we recently met discussing IVF. It's been an interesting journey. Dr. Slater has updated up on how the procedure works.
One piece advice for anyone, would be to be knowledgeable and what you are getting into. Educate yourself so you can ask questions.
We saw Slater's nurse more than the doctor but it appears that's what happens in the medical field.
They are doing the best they can do. Nurse Jen showed a lot of compassion and hope.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The people working there, seem nice. Communication is lacking a bit. However, they are the only clinic in the area and are super busy. It's important to be educated before even going to the clinic so you can have a clearer understanding of what they are saying.
Its been spendy but it's all perspective, too.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Slater did not appear very involved in the process for her patients. Nor was she overly invested in our diagnosis. She is very knowledgeable, but it feels like she was talking at us, rather than to us.... Dr Slater rushes us through our consult and used a significant amount of jargon that someone who has not done any research about the TTC journey may not understand. We were pushed to do IUI without being told the true statistics.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Come prepared with questions. Advocate for yourself. If you want to do IVF right out of the gate, say something!
Round 1 IUI - 50mg Clomid, trigger shot, progesterone. No pregnancy
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Knowledgeable doctors. Nice nursing staff. Finance coordinator is great and so patient!! We went to the new location one time and it was beautiful, but it makes me sad to think about all of the people who had to pay an astronomical amount to make a baby and finance the new facility. The prices are ridiculous compared to other places and they have the market by the tender bits.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
We only met Cristin during the first appointment. Basically I felt like she really wanted us to do IVF. We decided that we want to do 2 IUI beforeIVF. She explained things very thoroughly. Her assistant did take a day and a half to call me back. The nurse that did the IUI was amazing.... We did IUI with letrozole and 375u of gonal f. Thinking for the second iui it will be the same protocol.... I don’t feel like all the pre stuff before the iui was not fully explained. We were suppose to be abstenant from CD 7 onward, no one told me and said it was listed in the paperwork
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Take a lot of questions when you meet with her
I called to start my cycle and they took until the next day to call me back
They are all very nice.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is new. They seem kind of disorganized but are able to meet the needs of the treasure valley. The very first appointment back in June of 2016 my husband did not care for Dr Moss but we were okay with DrSlater
Medication costs were about $300 out of pocket, my insurance did cover the letrozole. The procedure with the wash was about $600
Na

3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Cristin Slater] is great. Smart, thorough and kind. She was very blunt at first but is willing to answer questions, consider the patient’s wishes and financial limitations in treatment decisions. .... First retrieval gonal f, certitude, menopur. 2nd and 3rd retrieval added clomid. First transfer estrodiol progesterone injection Lovenox. Second transfer Lupron and same as aboive. Both postponed due to cysts and estradiol levels too high
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
She’s great. Smart, thorough and kind. She was very blunt at first but is willing to answer questions, consider the patient’s wishes and financial limitations in treatment decisions. I don’t have time to say more!
Ask questions!
The staff cares and wants us to succeed. Hugs and tears when bad news is given
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara and Zabrina)
All caring, easy to talk to, supportive
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very busy. Ask lots of questions and schedule early. Billing was difficult but mostly because of our insurance. Would ha e liked to see the doctor more to discuss her treatment decisions and reasoning. Ie they weren’t going to use a Med because it was expensive but our insurance paid for it and I may have had worse chances if I didn’t ask why
I don’t know the details

2007 - 2014
She [Dr. Christin Slater] was not afraid to give answers whether they be positive or negative. She was also incredibly knowledgeable of each possible situation or risk. Cristin laid out all of our options and heard all of our concerns for what would work for us, as a young couple at the time it was very scary. Her whole team is amazing!...Each time was specific to me and our needs...Listen, ask, and trust.
2007 - 2014
She was not afraid to give answers whether they be positive or negative. She was also incredibly knowledgeable of each possible situation or risk. Cristin laid out all of our options and heard all of our concerns for what would work for us, as a young couple at the time it was very scary. Her whole team is amazing!
Listen, ask, and trust.
Each time was specific to me and our needs.
The greatest! Always available to return my calls, listen to my nerves, and definitely support!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean, private, and organized. The girls are fantastic and personable. Very homey for a medical clinic. The downside was from my husbands point of view. When it was time for his analysis, or his part of the IUI, the room is not private. It is in between other rooms in a hallway used by the nurse staff.
None of infertility treatments are covered under an insurance. The vials, which are so tiny are at least $75 each. They DO NOT offer payment plans or an sort of financial break.
Boise

[Dr. Slater] Very detailed and straightforward. Responsive to questions. Works well with her team. Blunt when she needs to be and delicate when it's called for. Told us about the process and was up front on the results....Talked with us all the way....After the retrieval, my hormones were too high so I had to wait and do a frozen transfer instead...[Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] Nice location. Welcoming. Friendly staff. Patient with such a challenging field....
Make sure to have a good support system as well as finances in place.
Talked with us all the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara and zabrina)
Talked us through the procedures. Was very nice. Flexible with schedules. Helped us find deals.
$8000
Based on my advanced maternal age. Multiple embryos were encouraged.
Boise

She [Dr. Cristin Slater] knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it. But she is very smart and good at what she does. She is very generous, and is willing to help you in any way that she can... She really took the time to get to know me and cared about my situation.... The front desk [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine- Boise] is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice
She knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it. But she is very smart and good at what she does. She is very generous, and is willing to help you in any way that she can
Ask questions! Don’t be afraid to ask any and all questions
She really took the time to get to know me and cared about my situation.
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Natalie )
Very informative! Very on top of things and quick to get back to me and good at explaining things.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice
IUI treatments, labs, other
Boise
Dr. Slater was candid in manner, and I felt heard. We do not understand why my results were as they were. Looking at alternative options. She met with me a couple times and did one IUI that proved to be complicated.... I needed meds every round for egg growth.... ICRM does a good job of communicating and providing emergency backup meds (which you replace later) when needed. They were positive, sometimes too much so, about possibilities.
I needed meds every round for egg growth.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
There are strengths and weaknesses everywhere. ICRM does a good job of communicating and providing emergency backup meds (which you replace later) when needed. They were positive, sometimes too much so, about possibilities.
I had no insurance coverage, so paid out of pocket. They worked with me some, based on salary.