4.9

Cristin Slater works at

1000 E. Park Blvd.
Boise, ID 83712

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Slater was okay as a doctor. I didn’t feel like she took the time to get to know me or give me any answers. I was never given any explanation about why the IUIs failed and was just given more medication. I needed answers why I wasn’t able to get pregnant and I didn’t feel like I got any answers from Dr. Slater...Be prepared that she doesn’t have great bed side manner...I did 5 IUIs. The first two with Clomid and then was switched to letrozole because of my lining being too thin. I used injections every time and the last IUI was the highest dosage. I was never given any explanations on the medication or increasing the dosage. The results from all my IUIs were all negative.
Friendly front office staff, finance coordinators, nurses, ultrasound techs, etc [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]. I felt important and cared about these people. Weakness is how busy the office is and getting into appointments on time. I always waited 15-20 minutes after my appointment time...The nurses were always wonderful and helpful! Answered all my questions quickly. Showed compassion. I felt supported by the nurses, CNAs, and ultrasound techs. They were the reasons I s
How was your experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared that she doesn’t have great bed side manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Slater didn’t take the time to talk with me or get to know me as a person.
Describe the protocols Cristin Slater used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Natalie )
The nurses were always wonderful and helpful! Answered all my questions quickly. Showed compassion. I felt supported by the nurses, CNAs, and ultrasound techs. They were the reasons I stayed!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly front office staff, finance coordinators, nurses, ultrasound techs, etc. I felt important and cared about these people. Weakness is how busy the office is and getting into appointments on time. I always waited 15-20 minutes after my appointment time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
All costs were out of pocket. There were no payment plans. I feel like a payment plan would be helpful in this process. It’s so expensive and we need options for paying.
2010 - 2012, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Slater] didn't have anything different for me to try after 8 failed IUIs. She just wanted to increase the same meds and keep doing the same thing over and over, which obviously wasn't working because I wasn't responding to them and wasn't getting pregnant. I was in my early 30s and in perfect health, and I ovulated like clockwork on my own... It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try. The only new idea they had was increasing the meds, to which I wasn't reponding well.
A nice clinic [ID Ctr for Repro Med]. Met expectations in terms of cleanliness and comfort. I got the feeling they were professionals who knew what they were doing....They [nurses] were hard to get ahold of by phone if you missed a call. That said, they were very understanding and sweet when delivering bad news after bad news....They definitely had a process. Try A, if that doesn't work, try B. Then try C. If that doesn't work, schedule a consultation. Repeat. It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try.
She didn't have anything different for me to try after 8 failed IUIs. She just wanted to increase the same meds and keep doing the same thing over and over, which obviously wasn't working because I wasn't responding to them and wasn't getting pregnant. I was in my early 30s and in perfect health, and I ovulated like clockwork on my own.
I know Idaho options are very limited. Consider traveling for treatment, or if you must stay local, be prepared to educate yourself and know what to ask for when the standard menu of options doesn't work for you.
They definitely had a process. Try A, if that doesn't work, try B. Then try C. If that doesn't work, schedule a consultation. Repeat. It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try. The only new idea they had was increasing the meds, to which I wasn't reponding well.
Typical Clomid, trigger shot, IUI, progesterone, blood test. She added an injectable for a few cycles but it was very expensive and I never produced more than 2 follicles on it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They were hard to get ahold of by phone if you missed a call. That said, they were very understanding and sweet when delivering bad news after bad news.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
A nice clinic. Met expectations in terms of cleanliness and comfort. I got the feeling they were professionals who knew what they were doing. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Around $500 per cycle.
Boise

It took a while but I felt Dr. Slater and her staff knew me and cared about my outcome....She is very intelligent which helps you trust her and what she is doing. She struggles to explain things in a way that is easy to understand but she is also okay if you ask her questions or explain it in a different way.... We didn't use ICSI the first time and after that she mandated it which was a good decision.
They [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Med] will get to know you and you will feel special. Most of the people working there have gone through infertility themselves so they "get it." They have some communication things to still work out....Nothing big some communication mistakes between people working at the clinic. Some discrepancies with billing.... It took a round of IVF to develop our relationship. Our first interaction was very cold but after we went through a round of IVF she was very compassionate and helpful.
Tape record or bring someone with you to your first visit so you can listen back to what was said to help explain. In addition don't feel scared to call/email with any questions that may come up.
She explained everything to us. We didn't use ICSI the first time and after that she mandated it which was a good decision.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara)
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get to know you and you will feel special. Most of the people working there have gone through infertility themselves so they "get it." They have some communication things to still work out.
Unsure
Describe Cristin Slater's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She was honest and open but willing to let us make the decision.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Boise
Dr Slater was so kind and compassionate. She made she I understood everything I was going to be going through. The tests were coming back fine, but nothing was happening. ... She raised my dosage, nothing came of it. ... After multiple injections, I told her I couldn't afford it anymore. She comped me enough injections to complete one more cycle, and even though it failed, her true compassion showed. ...
Weaknesses- must always pay upfront, cannot do payment plans. ... Strengths- compassion they [Idaho Center for Repro Med] have towards patients. Clean and relaxing environment. Open weekends. Someone is almost always available to talk to. ... Everyone knows your name. Everyone is friendly and compassionate and understanding. Gentle with how the treat you. Care about your pain levels.
Dr Slater was so kind and compassionate. She made she I understood everything I was going to be going through. The tests were coming back fine, but nothing was happening. After multiple injections, I told her I couldn't afford it anymore. She comped me enough injections to complete one more cycle, and even though it failed, her true compassion showed.
Be open and honest.
Dr Slater wanted to start with letrozole for 3 months. We did that and nothing came of it. She raised my dosage, nothing came of it. She started me on injections and still nothing came of it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Maria was a little difficult to get ahold of in the beginning, but quickly grew better about responding to emails and phone calls. All nurses showed true caring and compassion toward me every single visit.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- compassion they have towards patients. Clean and relaxing environment. Open weekends. Someone is almost always available to talk to. Weaknesses- must always pay upfront, cannot do payment plans.
Expensive, but understandably so. More affordable than having an ultrasound at the local hospital.
Boise
We only met Cristin during the first appointment. Basically I felt like she really wanted us to do IVF. We decided that we want to do 2 IUI beforeIVF. She explained things very thoroughly. Her assistant did take a day and a half to call me back. The nurse that did the IUI was amazing.... We did IUI with letrozole and 375u of gonal f. Thinking for the second iui it will be the same protocol.... I don’t feel like all the pre stuff before the iui was not fully explained. We were suppose to be abstenant from CD 7 onward, no one told me and said it was listed in the paperwork
The clinic is new. They seem kind of disorganized but are able to meet the needs of the treasure valley. The very first appointment back in June of 2016 my husband did not care for Dr Moss but we were okay with DrSlater... Medication costs were about $300 out of pocket, my insurance did cover the letrozole. The procedure with the wash was about $600... [Nursing Staff] They are all very nice... I don’t feel like all the pre stuff before the iui was not fully explained.
Take a lot of questions when you meet with her
I called to start my cycle and they took until the next day to call me back
They are all very nice.
Na
Boise
Dr. Slater is kind and nice and wants the best for each person or couple that she sees. Dr. Slater gave us the different scenarios with using IUI and now we recently met discussing IVF...Dr. Slater has updated up on how the procedure works...My spouse was placed on hormones to increase the follicle size and also did injections for three rounds. The first round, too many follicles were produced so Dr. Slater sucked out one.
We saw [Dr.] Slater's nurse [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] more than the doctor...Nurse Jen showed a lot of compassion and hope...The people working there, seem nice. Communication is lacking a bit. However, they are the only clinic in the area and are super busy. It's important to be educated before even going to the clinic so you can have a clearer understanding of what they are saying.
Dr. Slater is kind and nice and wants the best for each person or couple that she sees. Dr. Slater gave us the different scenarios with using IUI and now we recently met discussing IVF. It's been an interesting journey. Dr. Slater has updated up on how the procedure works.
One piece advice for anyone, would be to be knowledgeable and what you are getting into. Educate yourself so you can ask questions.
We saw Slater's nurse more than the doctor but it appears that's what happens in the medical field.
They are doing the best they can do. Nurse Jen showed a lot of compassion and hope.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Its been spendy but it's all perspective, too.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Communication was a little confusing at times.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Cristin Slater] is great. Smart, thorough and kind. She was very blunt at first but is willing to answer questions, consider the patient’s wishes and financial limitations in treatment decisions. .... First retrieval gonal f, certitude, menopur. 2nd and 3rd retrieval added clomid. First transfer estrodiol progesterone injection Lovenox. Second transfer Lupron and same as aboive. Both postponed due to cysts and estradiol levels too high
[ID Center for Reproductive Medicine is] Very busy. Ask lots of questions and schedule early. Billing was difficult but mostly because of our insurance. Would ha e liked to see the doctor more to discuss her treatment decisions and reasoning. Ie they weren’t going to use a Med because it was expensive but our insurance paid for it and I may have had worse chances if I didn’t ask why
She’s great. Smart, thorough and kind. She was very blunt at first but is willing to answer questions, consider the patient’s wishes and financial limitations in treatment decisions. I don’t have time to say more!
Ask questions!
The staff cares and wants us to succeed. Hugs and tears when bad news is given
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara and Zabrina)
All caring, easy to talk to, supportive
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t know the details
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Billing we got conflicting information from different people. Had some issues with getting the right meds called into to the right pharmacy
Boise

Great experience...she [Dr. Slater] was both clinically knowledgeable and personable...communication was clear and information was easy to understand...she seemed to be genuinely interested in your success and was empathetic to past struggles ... We used fresh sperm ( increased success) did pgs because of my age (one embryo had trisomy 16), and implanted based on motor scores.
All of the staff [Idaho Center for Repro Medicine] was extremely helpful. When my progesterone was late from the mail order clinic, they met my husband at the office to give me enough of a supply to continue the treatment while waiting on the supply delivery. ... Appointments were always on time. ... Staff was great and knowledgable
Great experience...she was both clinically knowledgeable and personable...communication was clear and information was easy to understand...she seemed to be genuinely interested in your success and was empathetic to past struggles
Be prepared..the treatment is very regimented
Staff was great and knowledgable
We used fresh sperm ( increased success) did pgs because of my age (one embryo had trisomy 16), and implanted based on motor scores. I had read after retrieval, success was increased by waiting a month so we did. To increase success 2 embryos were implemented
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill)
All of the staff was extremely helpful. When my progesterone was late from the mail order clinic, they met my husband at the office to give me enough of a supply to continue the treatment while waiting on the supply delivery.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has relocated since I received care. The one problem with the clinic location was limited downtown parking but this may not be an issue with the new location which is not just outside the downtown area. Appointments were always on time.
It was a joint discussion. The decision was based on my preference to increase success

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Slater did not appear very involved in the process for her patients. Nor was she overly invested in our diagnosis. She is very knowledgeable, but it feels like she was talking at us, rather than to us.... Dr Slater rushes us through our consult and used a significant amount of jargon that someone who has not done any research about the TTC journey may not understand. We were pushed to do IUI without being told the true statistics.
[ID Ctr for Repro Med-Boise has] Knowledgeable doctors. Nice nursing staff. Finance coordinator is great and so patient!! We went to the new location one time and it was beautiful, but it makes me sad to think about all of the people who had to pay an astronomical amount to make a baby and finance the new facility. The prices are ridiculous compared to other places and they have the market by the tender bits.
Come prepared with questions. Advocate for yourself. If you want to do IVF right out of the gate, say something!
Round 1 IUI - 50mg Clomid, trigger shot, progesterone. No pregnancy
2007 - 2014, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Christin Slater] was not afraid to give answers whether they be positive or negative. She was also incredibly knowledgeable of each possible situation or risk. Cristin laid out all of our options and heard all of our concerns for what would work for us, as a young couple at the time it was very scary. Her whole team is amazing!...Each time was specific to me and our needs...Listen, ask, and trust.
They [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] DO NOT offer payment plans or an sort of financial break...The clinic is very clean, private, and organized. The girls are fantastic and personable. Very homey for a medical clinic. The downside was from my husbands point of view. When it was time for his analysis, or his part of the IUI, the room is not private. It is in between other rooms in a hallway used by the nurse staff.
She was not afraid to give answers whether they be positive or negative. She was also incredibly knowledgeable of each possible situation or risk. Cristin laid out all of our options and heard all of our concerns for what would work for us, as a young couple at the time it was very scary. Her whole team is amazing!
Listen, ask, and trust.
Each time was specific to me and our needs.
The greatest! Always available to return my calls, listen to my nerves, and definitely support!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
None of infertility treatments are covered under an insurance. The vials, which are so tiny are at least $75 each. They DO NOT offer payment plans or an sort of financial break.

2013, Unsuccessful
Dr Slater was highly recommended to me. After my first visit I can see why. She was really sincere and caring. She took time to get to know us. And even though after 3 IUI's we did not have a baby. I do not blame her. It was my body and not my time. Dr Slater has a great bed side manner and I would highly recommend her to anyone TTC.
Everyone in the clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] was kind and supportive. It was always a pleasure. They helped with the financial asst that we needed. They were always available to answer any questions that came up. Going through these treatments was a hard time in my life and the staff made the whole process so much easier.
You can definitely trust that she has your best interest in mind.
Dr Slater took the time to get to know my husband and I. And suggested what she thought would be our best option.
I wish I could remember her name. She was so compassionate after I lost each pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone in the clinic was kind and supportive. It was always a pleasure. They helped with the financial asst that we needed. They were always available to answer any questions that came up. Going through these treatments was a hard time in my life and the staff made the whole process so much easier.
The IUI were about $1000 a cycle. If I remember correctly

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
[Dr. Slater] Very detailed and straightforward. Responsive to questions. Works well with her team. Blunt when she needs to be and delicate when it's called for. Told us about the process and was up front on the results....Talked with us all the way....After the retrieval, my hormones were too high so I had to wait and do a frozen transfer instead...[Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] Nice location. Welcoming. Friendly staff. Patient with such a challenging field....
[Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] Nice location. Welcoming. Friendly staff. Patient with such a challenging field....[Nurses] Talked us through the procedures. Was very nice. Flexible with schedules. Helped us find deals....[Cost Of Treatment] $8000...[Dr. Slater] Very detailed and straightforward. Responsive to questions. Works well with her team. Blunt when she needs to be and delicate when it's called for. Told us about the process and was up front on the results.
Make sure to have a good support system as well as finances in place.
Talked with us all the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara and zabrina)
$8000
Based on my advanced maternal age. Multiple embryos were encouraged.
Boise
She [Dr. Cristin Slater] knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it. But she is very smart and good at what she does. She is very generous, and is willing to help you in any way that she can... She really took the time to get to know me and cared about my situation.... The front desk [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine- Boise] is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice
The front desk [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine- Boise] is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice... [The nurse was] Very informative! Very on top of things and quick to get back to me and good at explaining things.... She [Dr. Cristin Slater] knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it
She knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it. But she is very smart and good at what she does. She is very generous, and is willing to help you in any way that she can
Ask questions! Don’t be afraid to ask any and all questions
She really took the time to get to know me and cared about my situation.
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice
IUI treatments, labs, other
Boise

Dr. Slater was candid in manner, and I felt heard. We do not understand why my results were as they were. Looking at alternative options. She met with me a couple times and did one IUI that proved to be complicated.... I needed meds every round for egg growth.... ICRM does a good job of communicating and providing emergency backup meds (which you replace later) when needed. They were positive, sometimes too much so, about possibilities.
There are strengths and weaknesses everywhere. ICRM does a good job of communicating and providing emergency backup meds (which you replace later) when needed. They were positive, sometimes too much so, about possibilities.... Dr. Slater was candid in manner, and I felt heard. We do not understand why my results were as they were. Looking at alternative options. She met with me a couple times and did one IUI that proved to be complicated.
I needed meds every round for egg growth.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I had no insurance coverage, so paid out of pocket. They worked with me some, based on salary.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Overall I didn't see her [Dr. Slater] often but I was glad she was there for every important procedure and I felt comfortable the rest of the time with her staff...Our complications included a sperm blockage and low ovarian reserve (VERY low). We knew going in we would be going straight to IVF. While I was originally estimated to have an egg retrieval of about 8, after the diagnosis it was dropped down to between 0-2. During each IVF cycle, the follicle count was reviewed and the medications were altered if needed
All of the staff [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] was wonderful. The coordinators, nurses, technicians, and phlebotomists were always very positive, informative, and just generally friendly to talk to. I worked a lot with my IVF coordinator Kara who was so helpful and understanding throughout both of my cycles. I would periodically email her questions and concerns I had about how the cycle was going...and she was always very encouraging and reassuring in her responses, letting me know how and why the cycles were progressing the way that they were...
At our first consultation, she gave us a total overview of what to expect throughout the whole process and answered our list of questions. She laid out what she thought was the best course of action for our situation and what kind of results we should be looking at based on the information we had. She then asked if we wanted to proceed that day with the first tests (water ultrasound and bloodwork) which was nice so we didn't have to schedule another appt for that (we live 30 min away). I then saw her for the egg retrieval and though she expressed her hope for a healthy embryo, she answered all my questions on starting a new IVF cycle (which we did). Saw her the second egg retrieval and then the embryo transfer. Overall I didn't see her often but I was glad she was there for every important procedure and I felt comfortable the rest of the time with her staff.
From the day I called about a consultation to the consultation itself was 2 months and another 2 months to start our first round of IVF, so be prepared to wait and be patient because the experience is worth it.
Every staff member was helpful, supportive, encouraging, and knowledgable. Whenever I had a question or concern about any part in the process, they were there to promptly answer them.
Our complications included a sperm blockage and low ovarian reserve (VERY low). We knew going in we would be going straight to IVF. While I was originally estimated to have an egg retrieval of about 8, after the diagnosis it was dropped down to between 0-2. During each IVF cycle, the follicle count was reviewed and the medications were altered if needed. The first cycle had 2 eggs which resulted in one abnormal embryo which she encouraged us not to use and we completely agreed (though the choice was ultimately ours). She altered the medication dosage for the second IVF cycle in hopes of better results. The blood tests/follicles were better overall the second time yet still resulted with again 2 eggs but one good embryo! I was then put on meds to start the FET process which resulted in a successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: IVF Coordinator-Kara Hill)
All of the staff was wonderful. The coordinators, nurses, technicians, and phlebotomists were always very positive, informative, and just generally friendly to talk to. I worked a lot with my IVF coordinator Kara who was so helpful and understanding throughout both of my cycles. I would periodically email her questions and concerns I had about how the cycle was going (which there were parts which really didn't look very optimistic to me) and she was always very encouraging and reassuring in her responses, letting me know how and why the cycles were progressing the way that they were. Once I was no longer working with her, I ran into her in the halls and she stopped to say hello and asked how our transfer was going. It was so nice to finally show her our 7 week ultrasound!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
If you're even considering a consultation, call. I think the hardest part of the whole process is waiting. It was roughly 4 months between our first call and starting the IVF cycle (due to a temporary short staff). I believe that is pretty standard for most fertility clinics but I can only attest to our own experience. I felt greatly at ease knowing the entire staff is vaccinated as I was extremely careful to not get sick throughout the procedure as I did not want any delays due to illness.
Our grand total for 2 IVF cycles, PGT testing, and FET cycle was around $24k. This included about $8k total in meds for all cycles, $9200 for IVF, $2300 for FET, $900 for genetic testing, and the rest included lab work, anesthesia, and other procedures not included in the cycles.
We only ever had one embryo, so the topic never even came up.

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Slater did tell us that our chances of pregnancy would go up with a MET, which was totally cool with us...I appreciate it when she shares little bits of her life with us...She understands our desire for children and was very kind to us...Be prepared to hear her list off percentages, which isn't a bad thing. But don't be shy to just ask about the process instead...
I can directly call my [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] care coordinators instead of having to talk with the receptionist at the front desk, who is busy and doesn't need to be bothered. I do wish that check-in was a little more private; for instance, I don't really want to know when a guy is there for a SA...Each cycle (including meds, USs) of FET came to about $5000.00..
Dr. Slater was very kind to us. It's obvious she's very smart and she did seem to focus on the percentages/figures quite a bit and spoke somewhat fast. We weren't as interested in the percentages, but more interested in the procedures and the potential for pregnancy, which, I get it - can't really be explained or thoroughly put out there without a bunch of average figures from other patients/studies. I appreciate it when she shares little bits of her life with us when we exchange the cultural greeting of, "Hello, how are you?" "I'm fine, how are you?" etc, etc. My ultimate goal at the fertility clinic is pregnancy, however, I sure do want to get to know the people who are on my team and not just treat them like providers, but friends on the journey with me; people I won't forget. I think that providers have a tendency to assume patients don't want to hear about their lives during an appointment because we've struggled with creating a culture of "me" "me" "me" all around us. At any rate, I appreciate the little tidbits of life that are shared and I appreciate Dr. Slater listening to us, too. :)
She has children of her own so she knows! She understands our desire for children and was very kind to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina and Maria)
Zabrina and Maria have been fantastic members of our team. They are both very knowledgeable and very kind. They are quick to respond and are super flexible.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It's a brand new building which is very nice, it feels clean and it's appointment rooms are private. The care coordinators, Zabrina and Maria are a great strength. Diane (billing) is fabulous and so caring. Dr. Slater is very knowledgeable and kind. I can directly call my care coordinators instead of having to talk with the receptionist at the front desk, who is busy and doesn't need to be bothered. I do wish that check-in was a little more private; for instance, I don't really want to know when a guy is there for a SA, (One time we were waiting in the lobby and we could hear the receptionist calling back to the clinical area that the TV in the sample providing room was broken and the guy was standing there waiting to go in, that was a little awkward). Of course, I can choose to treat this with a mature attitude, which I did, it was just a little strange, felt like we were in on something private/intimate that wasn't our business.
Each cycle (including meds, USs) of FET came to about $5000.00.
Dr. Slater did tell us that our chances of pregnancy would go up with a MET, which was totally cool with us. The more the merrier. She was encouraging of that as she, like us, wants a positive pregnancy test for us.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I've just had a few clerical errors that thankfully I knew were wrong. I simply contacted the clinic and they fixed it for me. Not a big deal. I also feel like I ended up doing a little more of the coordinating myself as far as meds go, but that's okay. It makes me in control and involved in my care :)
2015 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Cristin Slater] was very caring and considerate of the emotions involved with this journey. She made sure to contact us herself with difficult news and took time to meet with us any time we had questions or concerns...she is very thorough and knowledgeable...She Is dedicated to her patients and determined to keep patients safe through this process. You can tell that she is passionate about her work and is focused on trying everything possible to successfully meet every patients want and need... I was very grateful that Dr. Slater advised me to stick with a single embryo due to delivering at 33 weeks with my first pregnancy. We went with a single embryo that was successful. I had a difficult pregnancy and would have delivered at 25 weeks if I was carrying multiples.
[The nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine was] Caring and compassionate. Was very accommodating and always returned emails within the same day...[staff] Always let you know what to expect and the timeline ahead of time. Easy to get ahold of with any questions or concerns. Great at booking appointments around your schedule. Appointments were always on time and quick. Would take more time for appointments if you had questions or concerns. Always felt like I was getting the best care. Everyone knew me and addressed me by name, even after not being there for a year.
she is very thorough and knowledgeable. She is caring and compassionate towards her patients. She Is dedicated to her patients and determined to keep patients safe through this process. You can tell that she is passionate about her work and is focused on trying everything possible to successfully meet every patients want and need.
Trust in her and the process of fertility. It may seem like an emotional roller coaster, but their are many roads you can go down to have a family. It just takes time
She was very caring and considerate of the emotions involved with this journey. She made sure to contact us herself with difficult news and took time to meet with us any time we had questions or concerns. This level of care trickled down through all who are employed at ICRM. We felt like family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina)
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It varies depending on procedure. 1,00-25,00.
After a failed transfer, I really wanted to transfer multiple embryos the next time. I was very grateful that Dr. Slater advised me to stick with a single embryo due to delivering at 33 weeks with my first pregnancy. We went with a single embryo that was successful. I had a difficult pregnancy and would have delivered at 25 weeks if I was carrying multiples.
Boise
I only met Dr. Slater herself a couple of times but each time I did, she always thoroughly explained what was happening and never made me feel like I couldn’t ask questions no matter how “dumb” they may have been...[she] preferred to transfer 1 embryo over 2 but I was adamant on 2...at the end of the day, it was my choice and I did feel like Dr. Slater still supported me.
They were very detailed and very organized. I loved how easy they made it to keep track of all of my appointments and medication time and doses with color coordinated calendars...ICRM pays very good attention to detail. They make sure you never leave their clinic confused. They assure that you understand every aspect of your treatment. I was very fortunate to have everything work for me on the first try. The best tool ICRM has that helped me sooo much was their 24 hour nurse line. I can’t tell you how many times I called them frantically and they always were able to calm my nerves
The staff at ICRM celebrates your victories with you like they are their own.
I don’t remember it all
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: I don’t remember)
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
ICRM pays very good attention to detail. They make sure you never leave their clinic confused. They assure that you understand every aspect of your treatment. I was very fortunate to have everything work for me on the first try. The best tool ICRM has that helped me sooo much was their 24 hour nurse line. I can’t tell you how many times I called them frantically and they always were able to calm my nerves and make me feel so reassured.
My insurance covered 15K flat. I paid roughly 20K out of pocket
Dr. Slater preferred to transfer 1 embryo over 2 but I was adamant on 2. I was given a 65% chance of having a successful pregnancy if I transferred one. That chance increased to 80% if I transferred 2. The chance of both taking was 30%. Both took! I did end up delivering at 29 weeks gestation. Twin pregnancies come with many risks of complications which is why Dr. Slater preferred to only transfer one, but at the end of the day, it was my choice and I did feel like dr. Slater still supported me.