Medical SchoolOral Roberts
1650 Response Road
Sacramento, CA 95815
1600 Eureka Road
Roseville, CA 95661
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Curt Klooster to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente Sacramento to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Klooster was the first doctor to really listen to my problems when I was much younger before I even had a serious boyfriend or even considered having children of my own. He discovered I had two uteruses which had also been a factor in my endometriosis diagnosis at well. He then became our infertility doctor many years later and helped with two IUI's.... Dr. Klooster treated me as if I was his own daughter. He gave all options and was as open and straightforward as possible. He gave examples from his experience from what he's seen and learned. He gave his personal opinions when asked.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Klooster treated me as if I was his own daughter. He gave all options and was as open and straightforward as possible. He gave examples from his experience from what he's seen and learned. He gave his personal opinions when asked. I truly felt he cares about us as family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Always ask clarifying questions because sometimes he knows so much he thinks you know it all too and throws out lingo that might be doctor-speak instead of what a patient might better understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Describe the protocols Curt Klooster used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I did two IUI. The first time I did clomid and the second time I took Letrozole. I took each for the prescribed amount of time and then started the IUI's on the 17th day and the 13th day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Very kind and understanding. Very positive and nuturing.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Kaiser handles a lot electronically which is a good thing and a bad thing depending on what you need. Unless you can reach the exact department it's hard to get immediate attention/response. They do a good job of trying to work with your schedule however some things only happen at certain times of the day which may require you to work around their schedule more often than not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
$20- $35 office visits $0 lab tests $3 - $7 medications $72.50 ultrasounds $100 IUI $17.50 sperm washing
Describe Curt Klooster's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
For my specific case, Dr. Klooster was very pro single embryo transfer to avoid having multiples given my surgery removing one uterus. I got the impression that he thinks it's better overall for everyone though.
2013 - 2017
He [Dr. Klooster] paid attention to detail, was straight to the point and didn't sugar coat, but took the time to present everything in an understanding manner. He made us feel like we were just another patient, that he sincerely wants us to be able to have a child....He was calm mannered and understanding. Took the time to asses out needs. Very thorough, and calm....he'll make sure things are done right but it won't be easy.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He was calm mannered and understanding. Took the time to asses out needs. Very thorough, and calm. Out of every other fertility doctor at the clinic, was the only one willing to do what I needed to help us try to start a family.
Be prepared to jump into this head first, he'll make sure things are done right but it won't be easy.
He paid attention to detail, was straight to the point and didn't sugar coat, but took the time to present everything in an understanding manner. He made us feel like we were just another patient, that he sincerely wants us to be able to have a child.
We used clomid up to the higher dose, no response for the first 2 cycles. The highest clomid with injectables for the 3th cycle. 4th cycle used Menipur, IUI, miscarried. 5th cycle did 2 vials, 3 vials, and 4 vials consecutively for the 5th cycle. Failed IUI. 6th cycle we did the same as above. 7th cycle, started 4 consecutive vials of Menipur, highest amount of injectables available. Failed IUI. 8th cycle they put my wife on Prednisone for 3 cycles to suppress adrenal hormones while continuing on a high dose of menipure. This is when we started seeing progress. 3 failed IUIs.
They were all extremely attentive to all of our needs in office, and answered all of our question during the process via telephone.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Communicative and willing to make adjustments. I will say Dr. Vu was the absolute worst fertility doctor we have ever seen. After just a couple attempts he looked me and my wife in the eyes and told us to give up. The biggest jerk. He didn't understand why we're upset and had no compassion. Everyone else, inclusive of doctors, nurses, reception, all of the staff, was fantastic, EXCEPT Dr. Vu.
I have full coverage insurance, paying not too much. Maybe 2,000 after insurance kicked in and the largest costs we have are purchasing sperm for 1,200 for 6 cycles. Totaling around 10,000.
Never did any embryo transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Roseville
She [the nurse] actually performs the IUIs and does her best to help you through each step of preparation...Phone consultation [with Dr. Klooster] based off low beta numbers was quick and too the point...He was able to reach me when everyone else was out of the clinic. He gave me the information I needed and explained the potential for an ectopic pregnancy and the risks involved. I was much better informed after the talk.
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Ask any questions you have.
Phone consultation based off low beta numbers was quick and too the point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Vandora Winters)
I absolutely loved my nurse! She is always kind and compassionate and takes the time out to discuss every single step and risks. She actually performs the IUIs and does her best to help you through each step of preparation.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They aren’t very thorough with IUIs, they don’t do an official count and there isn’t much monitoring through the IUI cycles. You can request to have more monitoring otherwise they will do one at the beginning only if you are taking a follicle stimulating drug.
It was about 1k for a IUI cycle with letrozole.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Klooster is very informative in explaining for pros and the cons of each procedure and treatment. He is very encouraging. He understand the cost and emotional struggle treatment can have and provides you with all the information to make your decisions...Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications, then tried three rounds of clomid, one round with a mix of clomid and menopur and then the last round was all menopur.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He is very straight forward.
Dr. Klooster is very caring and informative.
Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications, then tried three rounds of clomid, one round with a mix of clomid and menopur and then the last round was all menopur. Each round was unsuccessful.
The team in the fertility office was very kind
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I feel Kaiser is a little more restricted in their guidelines on treatment and steps
cost varied, it was not covered by my health plan.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. klooster is a good doctor and shares good information.... Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. klooster is a good doctor and shares good information. He has done my myomectomy and hysteroscopy as well. I wish I saw him more for my iuis but he doesn't handle that and leaves it to his nurse practitioner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He will answer all your questions.
He is very sensitive and willing to take time with me.
Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy. Quality could be an issue. We are now moving to Ivf.
They are wonderful, compassionate, and communicate especially Sharma!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They are organized but since Kaiser is limited on the number of clinics they are busy. I had to float between Sacramento and Roseville to receive all my treatments at necessary cycle times.