Not available by email
325B King Street
Northampton, MA 01060
3300 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01199
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cynthia K. Sites to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Baystate Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Doctor Sites had clearly reviewed our file prior to meeting with us, and she did not ask redundant questions. She had a clear plan moving forward based on that information, which she presented clearly. She thoroughly explained the process, took time to answer questions and did not rush us out the door...She was thorough in her explanation of why we would not need to pursue this (we had asked about PGS). This was the only time she was slightly curt with us.
How was your experience with Cynthia K. Sites at Baystate Reproductive Medicine?
We first met with a resident, which I had not been expecting. The resident was kind and asked us additional questions about some of our health history before all of us met with Dr. Sites. Dr. Sites was warm, friendly and matter of fact. She presented a course of treatment, explained the process and the steps that would need to happen prior to starting the process. She was patient, and did not seem to be in any rush. She did not present any aspect of her course of treatment in terms of options, in that we could do any aspect one way, or another way--she only presented a standard plan. When we asked about another option, she was slightly dismissive and stated that it would likely not be necessary in our case. She was thorough in her explanation of why we would not need to pursue this (we had asked about PGS). This was the only time she was slightly curt with us. She laid out next steps clearly and offered us resources to pursue as we waited to be able to take those next steps. She also laid out a standard pricing structure for a cycle, not including medications.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cynthia K. Sites at Baystate Reproductive Medicine?
We are very early on in the process, but I did have the sense that you might need to advocate for yourselves. I am not sure how willing she would be to deviate from standard protocols. Again, in our case there does not seem to be a reason, but when I asked about fresh vs frozen transfer and PGS/PGD (the clinic almost always does fresh, and rarely does screening without strong evidence to support the need), she did not give the impression that she was open to either.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cynthia K. Sites at Baystate Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Sites had clearly reviewed our file prior to meeting with us, and she did not ask redundant questions. She had a clear plan moving forward based on that information, which she presented clearly. She thoroughly explained the process, took time to answer questions and did not rush us out the door. She tailored the tests/scans she ordered to our particular situation, so we would not have to do anything that was not essential.
I have always received prompt return phone calls (same day, usually within an hour). The nurses review information, procedure preparation and are kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic mailed a packet ahead of time with information and forms to be completed ahead of our initial appointment. They are organized, efficient and run relatively smoothly. It has been smooth setting up appointments for ordered tests, and the team is responsive and generally very helpful answering questions or directing you to the appropriate person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cynthia K. Sites at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
We were quoted around 9,000 for one cycle of IVF including ICSI, which did not include medications (additional 2-4k), any diagnostic testing/imaging that would need to be done prior, or any procedure (maybe another 1k) my husband would need to get a sperm sample (1.5-3k quoted estimate)
Describe Cynthia K. Sites's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
I believe this clinic generally only performs single transfers, but we did not go over this, and after the appointment we regretted not asking/hearing about this, because we wanted to pursue the possibility of implanting two.
Northampton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cynthia K. Sites at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.

She [Dr. Sites] explains everything clearly, answers any and all questions, and has a very kind and calm demeanor which is appreciated during what can be a stressful process. I’ve never felt rushed during any of my appointments with her, and she shows real concern for the comfort of myself and I’m sure other patients.... I am using clomid and a trigger to provide some control over timing as my cycles aren’t totally regular. And I am using IUI because based on age and tests there is no reason to suspect any fertility issues at this point. My first attempt was not successful, and I am in the midst of a second attempt, currently taking clomid.
She explains everything clearly, answers any and all questions, and has a very kind and calm demeanor which is appreciated during what can be a stressful process. I’ve never felt rushed during any of my appointments with her, and she shows real concern for the comfort of myself and I’m sure other patients.
Don’t worry or stress because you will be well taken care of!
The doctor and nurses explained everything very clearly and constantly took time to answer questions. They all expressed care and concern with every step.
Describe the protocols Cynthia K. Sites used in your cycles at Baystate Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Each nurse I’ve encountered has been patient and thorough in explaining every step and answering any questions. They are all extremely kind, and make sure that I am always as comfortable as a possible at each visit.
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
They are very organized and everything runs so smoothly. Everything is explained well and there is good communication between the nurses, doctors, and labs. There are many steps involved and I was overwhelmed at first, but everyone there is on tops of things so there was no need to be overwhelmed!
Much has been covered by insurance, but I’ve been responsible for copays (prescriptions), the sperm, and all sperm-related fees (thaw, storage, etc.)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I rarely saw Dr sites. Besides my first consult with her. ... I had to suggest/ask to use progesterone bc I felt my 11 day Luteal phase was too short. ... After that we met with Dr. Sites and she gave us the Diagnosis of LOR. she suggested a test to check my tubes (one of which turned out to be blocked). She then said our first course of action would be IUI (due to our insurance requirements). She explained everything well and we were satisfied. But that was i believe the only time we saw her. After that it was only nurses and US techs.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I was able to get my labs done prior to visiting, and had an ultrasound at the clinic. After that we met with Dr. Sites and she gave us the Diagnosis of LOR. she suggested a test to check my tubes (one of which turned out to be blocked). She then said our first course of action would be IUI (due to our insurance requirements). She explained everything well and we were satisfied. But that was i believe the only time we saw her. After that it was only nurses and US techs.
Be your own advocate. She can be a bit old school. If you think you want Progesterone for your cycle. Ask for it!
I rarely saw Dr sites. Besides my first consult with her. Although the rest of her nursing staff was very nice and helpful, the clinic is large and you situation is not well known by most people you see . I had to suggest/ask to use progesterone bc I felt my 11 day Luteal phase was too short.
Clomid for the first round. trigger shot and IUI after 36 hours. This one failed. Switched to Letrozol, did not trigger since this was on our blocked side. Letrozol again, triggered and IUI after 36 hours. Failed. After this we requested her office send a letter asking for us to start IVF.
The nurses were very nice and helpful. After my first IUI i asked the nurse about progesterone for my short lateral phase. I said my periods/ spotting started very early. She said just ask me for it and I will RX it for you. not a problem.
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
It's one of the only clinics in the area. They do a good job and are well organized. But it is a hospital clinic so you are mostly a number. Nurses are great. Although i did have a problem getting my rx once, their system was down and they hadn't sent it in by the time i got to the pharmacy. Although it didn't workout for us, i don't think that is on them. We moved out of state so we switched clinics for our IVF cycles. We are still waiting for our BFP.
Our insurance covered most of our treatments about 20% was left up to us.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Sites was] Very nice, straight forward, and answered questions. Not the most personable doctor you will meet. Sometimes felt like I had to ask more questions to get all the information I wanted rather than her explaining everything...was on top of my condition which requires surgery before egg retrieval and one before the frozen transfer to optimize success...I agree with her that single embryo transfer is the way to go unlessnover the age of 35.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Ask questions.
Everyone was kind and compassionate but it’s a large practice and They don’t take the time to really get to know you as a person. It wouldn’t prevent me continued treatment. I don’t feel like they would remember me 100% if I went back to visit with my baby.
I can’t remember. The protocol before the egg retrieval. Dr Sites was on top of my condition which requires surgery before egg retrieval and one before the frozen transfer to optimize success.
They were wonderful and compassionate. They truly seemed excited when I got my positive results. I will have to say they have the best ultrasound tech who made me feel the most comfortable in a scary situation and found a condition that could have led to a failed transfer if it had gone undetected.
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
They are a Large clinic which makes it not as personable of an experience. They have years and years of experience and are 100% trustworthy. Up to date equipment. Experienced doctors and nurses. Be prepared to go through full testing and classes prior to starting any type of protocol for infertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
Well oiled machine. Wait times weee not long for ultrasounds that occurred 8-10 every morning.
I don’t remember.
I agree with her that single embryo transfer is the way to go unlessnover the age of 35. If you are over that age you have the option for a multiple embryo transfer. She will also base it on your history. It is great that she is open minded for others based on age and history.

2010 - 2011
[Dr. Cynthia Sites was] Knowledgable, gentle mannered, accessible, covered all important information, answered my questions, accepting of diversity. I have recommended her to others. I did not like her discussion of terminating multiples...Medicated IUI cycles to better predict ovulation. Femera instead of clomid to reduce chamce of multiples...
2010 - 2011
Do your homework and come prepared with questions.
The practice took the time to talk with me, learn about my wishes, were kind and accepting.
Kind, gentle, one was not the best speculum inserter, but that was the cycle I got pregnant so that was ok!
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
I had a great experience. I feel like they have an extremely high success rate. I felt in control of my treatment. I do not like the ultrasound tech who did my level two ultrasound at Baystate and would choose Cooley next time.
$4,000 for three cycles
Not applicable.
Springfield
I think she [Dr. Sites] is a great doctor who really cares about her patients she answers all questions truthfully and honestly. She doesn't rush appointments and is easy to understand. She cares for her patients and doubles check you understand before leaving.... Very caring and really listened to me and my husband.... [Eset Approach] She leaned towards doing one verses two because of my age but was open to doing 2
I think she is a great doctor who really cares about her patients she answers all questions truthfully and honestly. She doesn't rush appointments and is easy to understand. She cares for her patients and doubles check you understand before leaving.
To be hopeful
Very caring and really listened to me and my husband.
All the nurses are very nice and return calls the same day and will not rush to get off the phone.
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean and easy to find . All the staff is nice and friendly. The procedure takes place in a different building but is also easy to find. A weakness would be that the ultrasound is first come first serve not by appointment.
It is first come first serve 7:30am to 9am