Medical SchoolCreighton
Trumbull
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
Fishkill
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cynthia Murdock to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Murdock always greets us personally in the waiting room of the clinic. She remembers our names, occupations, and our fertility situations. Whenever we have an appointment or consultation with her she is well-prepared with all of the details of our case. She has also called personally with test results when things are especially concerning instead of having a nurse call.... Dr. Murdock first performed full fertility panel of bloodwork, saline sonogram, and HSG.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Murdock is a very thorough and trustworthy physician. She has taken every precaution with even the slightest of concerning test results, making sure we follow up with every avenue possible. She is easy to communicate with and patient with questions. She has always explained our treatments and diagnoses well in detail to make sure that we understand what is going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
I would suggest being prepared with your questions when you go into your appointment. Dr. Murdock does spend a lot of time making sure she explains your situation so you want to make sure that your questions are covered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Describe the protocols Cynthia Murdock used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
Dr. Murdock first performed full fertility panel of bloodwork, saline sonogram, and HSG. The bloodwork shows Hypothyroidism and she did further bloodwork to confirm, then referred me to a wonderful medical endocrinologist for follow up (who then diagnosed me with Hashimoto's). The HSG showed a hydrosalpinx in my right fallopian tube. Dr. Murdock suggested surgery to remove the tube (salpingectomy) and referred me to an OB surgeon for this surgery, which was successful. After my thyroid leveled out and my tubal was removed, we moved forward with IUI with the following protocol: Clomid 100mg CD3-7, monitoring day 3 & 12, Ovidrel 250 trigger CD12, IUI CD14. We followed this protocol three times because Dr. Murdock felt it was our best option. She had previously recommended injectible medications for our second IUI protocol, but my insurance company denied the approval for the meds and the cycle. We are starting IVF around April and won't have our protocol until then.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira)
My nurse, Kathy Ferreira and patient navigator, Chelsea Merwin have been wonderful to work with. They are fast to respond to phone calls and e-mails and are very patient with my questions. I have also seen many other nurses and medical assistants at RMACT and they are the most personable and organized medical staff I have ever seen.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths: RMACT offers specific monitoring hours where you can come in between 7am-8am for your monitoring without an appointment. They are fast and efficient in handling the amount of patients in the waiting room in the morning. It seems that every staff member they hire must be personable, compassionate, and committed to your care and success. They all take the time to get to know you, remember your name, and things about you. The office is clean, bright, modern, and comfortable. They also have an acupuncturist and nutritionist working out of the office. Weaknesses: The financial piece can be difficult to understand. This has been our only frustrating experience in terms of communication. I would want a new patient to know that you are going to an excellent clinic where you will be seeing complete experts in the fertility field. Their services tend to run more expensive than other clinics, however, I feel that it is worth the extra cost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut.
IUIs were billed to the insurance at around $6,000 per cycle. IVF egg retrieval cycle costs $9500. Egg retrieval costs $5700. PGS testing costs $3725 and associated embryo freezing costs $1200.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
I really only interacted with Dr. Murdock twice, once in the initial consultation and once during early monitoring of my pregnancy. I switched to Dr. Murdock from another clinic and one thing that stood out with her was when she told me in the initial consult that 'RE's aren't very creative' - indicating that there are set protocols that they follow. However, her approach was SO MUCH more personalized than at my prior clinic - she fine tuned a standard protocol to my specific condition and prior response to meds. And, it worked! Creativity aside, she has the expertise to make the right choices and adjustments.
Be knowledgeable about yourself so that you can provide the doctor with all the facts.
All of the doctors and my Nurse (Cathie) were wonderful. It always felt that they had a vested interest in my success: always happy to respond to questions, would review my charts before coming in for monitoring. And, once I got pregnant, they were so excited for me and so caring.
I had one cycle with Dr. Murdock to treat anovulation. Combination protocol with Letrozole + Follistim, then Estradiol following trigger shot (and through week 9 of pregnancy). Then, IUIs 24 and 48 hours following trigger. I believe the estradiol and the timing of when to start taking it was key to success as I had always had very thin lining which went unresolved at my other clinic. She knew the right time to administer so as not to interfere with follicle growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Cathie Gray)
Cathie was amazing. It is so great to be assigned a primary nurse to contact. Any time I had a question, she was quick to respond. And, she was so hopeful for my success. She was clearly a busy lady, but always took the time to respond and treat me like an individual. My experience with Cathie was a big reason for my happiness with RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Much like other fertility clinics, you will see a rotating set of Doctors at monitoring. In fact, I never saw my primary doctor during my cycle. But, you do get a nurse and a patient coordinator as primary points of contact. Also, event though the doctors rotate, the other doctors were fantastic - always reviewed my individual situation before they came into the room for monitoring. Also, the clinic has early morning monitoring and has a location open on the weekends - which makes the whole process more manageable.
I think one IUI cycle was $3500, communicated in advance. Also, there was a line item list of what specifically that entailed. The medications are a separate cost to be paid to the pharmacy.
Stamford
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Murdock treated us very specially. She explained everything we were going through in great detail so we understood everything and all of our options. She has great bedside manner and is very hopeful for us regardless.... My wife had a tube blocked so Dr. Murdock explained that was a big reason why we couldn't get pregnant. So my wife had surgery and got that tube removed. Now we have been through 3 IUI cycles where my wife has been on chlomid and estrogen, but each resulting in negative pregnancies.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
To make sure you get her as your doctor because she is a great one.
She was very caring and explained every detail particular to our situation.
Most of the nursing staff was great. They treated us well, and were very friendly and efficient. For example: I have bad panic attacks when I get blood taken and almost pass out. One of the nurses was so kind to me and helped me through it that I thought it was the easiest time I've ever had blood taken.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths: Friendly, helpful, efficient, great bedside manner, hopeful. You know they are doing everything they can to help you get pregnant. Weaknesses: They can get very busy, especially in the morning. Once or twice they had our information confused with someone else.
I don't remember specifics, but I know we have a co-pay every time we visit (all 30+ times in the past year)
Danbury
She [Dr. Murdock] explained her recommendations well when asked. However, we prompted most of the discussions and direction of the initial consultation. She asked our level of knowledge of IVF before going into details of the procedure. And was welcoming of our questions...hard to get a response via email, assumes the patient knows the steps - does not proactively provide information...no-one has followed up with our emails questions - its been 3 days and we are still waiting for a response. I plan to call next week to chase.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
She explained her recommendations well when asked. However, we prompted most of the discussions and direction of the initial consultation. She asked our level of knowledge of IVF before going into details of the procedure. And was welcoming of our questions.
Be prepared before going to the meeting. Have a list of questions ready.
Not started the treatment strategy yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
She was covering for our main nurse who was working on another site. She was knowledgeable and answer our questions at the office. However, after we left no-one has followed up with our emails questions - its been 3 days and we are still waiting for a response. I plan to call next week to chase.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths - covers poughkeepsie, more than one doctor, good results and review on other websites Weaknesses - a little far from our house, hard to get a response via email, assumes the patient knows the steps - does not proactively provide information
They provide a clear breakdown of testing costs, IVF costs, options PSG testing. We already completed the testing via our previous RE. The IVF+PSG testing is close to $15k
Danbury
Dr. Murdock is a great doctor. I trust her clinical expertise. The only thing I would change would be that she discussed more potential risks so I could have prepared for a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I also wish she was a little more compassionate/empathetic.... Antagonist IVF protocol, fresh 5 day transfer that resulted in chemical pregnancy. Frozen embryo transfer which resulted in miscarriage at 8 weeks.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Ask lots of questions and do your research.
Care was personal and personalized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Erika)
The nurses were amazing. Very compassionate and caring, great at answering questions and being a great resource.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
You must travel to the Norwalk office for weekend monitoring and all surgical procedures. Scheduling is very specific.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
Appointments were quick and efficient.
IVF cycle with transfer and meds: $22K Transfer with meds: $12K
Describe Cynthia Murdock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
They do a max transfer of 2 embryos which I agree with.
Male Factor, Other
Direct & straight forward. Clearly presented the facts & our recommended path... Don't be afraid to ask questions until you understand. Dr Murdock has more patience than most!
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Direct & straight forward. Clearly presented the facts & our recommended path.
The nurses at RMACT are a blessing. They are warm, open, encouraging and personal. The make the entire process so much better! Murdock and the assigned team is quick to respond to numerous emails (full of questions and fears!) and they have created a true "team" environment to support you along the journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Huchtinson)
Courtney was our patient navigator - our point person for both medical and financial questions - always pointing us in the right direction and taking our concerns/preferences into consideration. She is always a bright, friendly face and contact!
Norwalk
2010 - 2011
She [Dr. Murdock] is very straight forward which I appreciated, but may not be for everyone. I always knew exactly what would happen and my next steps. She was always nice, but occasionally I felt like she was being slightly condescending.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
She is very straight forward which I appreciated, but may not be for everyone. I always knew exactly what would happen and my next steps. She was always nice, but occasionally I felt like she was being slightly condescending.
See her if you like a straight shooter. Her bedside manner is a bit more formal
Dr. Murdock is very matter of fact. She is not extremely sensitive, but will give you the information honestly and informatively. She was optimistic too.
I had to ask to be reassigned from my nurse. She was not communicating with me. My new nurse was up to the clinics normal standards
In the morning before work for those who were working. Usually it was a quick wait and I was in and out.
Covered by insurance for the most part