7.1

1305 York Avenue
Upper West Side
2315 Broadway

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Goldschlag always seemed positive and hopeful, yet is realistic in discussing options and recommendations with me. He is supportive and kind, and I trust his insight. I liked that I could typically see him for monitoring, and if he was in the clinic on the day of IUI he would certainly do the procedure once requested.... At times it is easy to feel like a number when waiting in the Cornell waiting room, but now that they take appointments for monitoring it felt more human- I knew who I’d be seeing, and have a general sense of how long I’d be waiting.
At times it is easy to feel like a number when waiting in the Cornell waiting room, but now that they take appointments for monitoring it felt more human- I knew who I’d be seeing, and have a general sense of how long I’d be waiting....I didn’t always feel like they were the best or most efficient communicators. I often waited until 5-6pm to get instructions; and even waited till that time for results of a pregnancy test. When I called and left messages w questions they typically called back within a few hours.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions! He seems willing to discuss and give info about any questions I have- I just need to be prepared with them :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
At times it is easy to feel like a number when waiting in the Cornell waiting room, but now that they take appointments for monitoring it felt more human- I knew who I’d be seeing, and have a general sense of how long I’d be waiting. Additionally, once in the room with Dr Goldshlag I felt understood and well taken care of.
Describe the protocols Dan Goldschlag used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I had a successful (yet complicated pregnancy) IUI cycle using Follistim and Ovidrel I. 2016-17. When I returned for continued treatment we attempted first to use clomid and letrozole to lower the chance of multiples. I didn’t respond to those so now I’m back to using Gonal F. So far, I’ve been responding but unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I didn’t always feel like they were the best or most efficient communicators. I often waited until 5-6pm to get instructions; and even waited till that time for results of a pregnancy test. When I called and left messages w questions they typically called back within a few hours. There were times I was given misinformation and had to push/ask them to clarify w the doctor because the nurse told me something different than he said earlier that same day.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had issues with prior authorization for one of the medications I needed/ they totally dropped the ball on it- telling me it would take 2 weeks for an answer; when I already waited 2 weeks and needed the meds already...I needed to follow up multiple times for that to be resolved. Otherwise, I had an overall positive experience w the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College.
So far insurance has covered all of my procedures, and I’ve needed to pay a copay for each visit.
Describe Dan Goldschlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I haven’t yet done IVF but in consultation about it, i was told that it would depend on embryo quality.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had to be on top of making sure meds were called in. One time I asked if I should order more before the weekend, and I was told I would have enough. I ended up running out, and needed to run around town finding the meds and paying out of pocket since it wasn’t the specialty pharmacy that insurance covered.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Goldschlag] is thoughtful and patient. Allows me to voice all my questions and concerns. Doesn’t pressure me about tough decisions or pass judgement. He is happy to consult with other doctors on my behalf, and regularly calls me to follow up with questions.... Upon suffering from secondary infertility, Dr. goldschlag oversaw my fertility treatment through: IUI, IVF, PGS testing. HSG, treatment of ectopic pregnancy.
I am a private person, so I Was sometimes annoyed by the very public systems (shouting my full name to call me into an appointment), but the staff [Weill Cornell] is generally very kind. I have struggled with the call-back systems... In the past 2 years, I sometimes had a nurse forget to call in a prescription, or I received conflicting information from a nurse vs. my doctor... She is compassionate and funny (when applicable). Mainly, she’s thoughtful cares about our communication and my questions.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is thoughtful and patient. Allows me to voice all my questions and concerns. Doesn’t pressure me about tough decisions or pass judgement. He is happy to consult with other doctors on my behalf, and regularly calls me to follow up with questions.
Don’t be shy. Ask all the questions you have.
He is kind, patient, and professional. Never pushy. Willing to discuss any questions. Doesn’t involve his ego or alternative agendas. I know he really cares.
Upon suffering from secondary infertility, Dr. goldschlag oversaw my fertility treatment through: IUI, IVF, PGS testing. HSG, treatment of ectopic pregnancy. Fluid aspiration. Uterine biopsy. Fresh embryo transfer, frozen embryo transfer. Reconstructive c-section scar surgery. Hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Tamara)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am a private person, so I Was sometimes annoyed by the very public systems (shouting my full name to call me into an appointment), but the staff is generally very kind. I have struggled with the call-back systems, but I think that’s par for the course.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
There were often a lot of people there, but I was seen in a logical “first come, first serve” fashion.
45K through insurance, approx. 150K out of pocket
He advised me on the risk of multiples, but allowed me to make the decision on how many embryos to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
In the past 2 years, I sometimes had a nurse forget to call in a prescription, or I received conflicting information from a nurse vs. my doctor; I was able to catch the misalignment and follow up to have those issues fixed. Dr. Goldschlag made an effort to assign me 1-2 trusted nurses to handle my calls so I felt more secure.
2017 - 2019, Successful
I love Dr. Goldschlag, for me, I want to have all the answers and he is always calmly and patiently answered all my questions. ... Dr. Goldschlag is a human above all, he cares about you, compassionate, calm, and tells it as it is. He does not make false promises. Very serious, very meticulous and very specific in a good way. ... The first cycle we did with him the meds were not working, he took me aside and said, let's try again next month and try iui instead, bc the insurance will only cover one cycle.
The clinic is modern and clean, quiet, everyone is very patient with you, caring and understanding of your needs and situation. At cCornell monitoring is super precise you go every other day or every day as needed. ... All of the staff has been super helpful and attentive to my needs, returning all my calls in a timely manner and taking care of everything I needed.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Goldschlag is a human above all, he cares about you, compassionate, calm, and tells it as it is. He does not make false promises. Very serious, very meticulous and very specific in a good way. I love working with him, I always felt he had me and the success of my pregnancy in mind, while always telling me what the options are without forcing his opinion. I felt like I was a part of the process.
Ask everything you want to know, he will answer everything calmly, explain every step and will make sure you have all the answers before you go. He never lets you feel like he is too busy.
I love Dr. Goldschlag, for me, I want to have all the answers and he is always calmly and patiently answered all my questions. When my IVF cycle did not go as planned he was more concerned about me and requested we try another cycle (low follicles), when I had to have a surgery in the uterus he did it and was with me along the way recommending we freeze the embryos rather than trying fresh first, and when I had a transfer he called me that same morning to convince me to transfer only one, which I am so happy I did. He really cares about you and the success of the process.
The first cycle we did with him the meds were not working, he took me aside and said, let's try again next month and try iui instead, bc the insurance will only cover one cycle. The next cycle we upped the hormones and added lupron, also this cycle, he preferred we wait another day to get more eggs ready, he told me his idea and his concerns, it resulted in 11 eggs and 3 day 5-6 embryos. Than mid cycle, one of the other doctors saw something in my uterus, Dr Goldschlag recommended we take it out bc of the strategic location, we did. I got pregnant naturally right after, he took care of me, but I had a miscarriage, we did a transfer right after which resulted in a beautiful boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Samara)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Organized, great hours, great staff. The clinic is modern and clean, quiet, everyone is very patient with you, caring and understanding of your needs and situation. At cCornell monitoring is super precise you go every other day or every day as needed.
We had insurance for some, it was not cheap either way.
Yes, he called me the day of the transfer and asked we reconsider transferring only one. We did.
Upper East Side

The coordinator [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very helpful in informing me what is covered. And, if it is not covered giving me alternatives labs to use for some tests that are not covered... The fertility process is very time sensitive, so I really appreciated the coordinators making sure I get the correct meds at the correct timing. The only weakness, is it can be difficult to get someone on the phone if you have a question. I usually have to leave a voice mail, and then they call me back a few hours later. It would be much easier if they communicate via email, since I can not always get to my phone if it is a busy work day.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Goldschlag is very mild mannered, soft spoken, and always asks how I'm doing. I am 40, and have been trying to conceive for 1 year. He did not jump to ivf, he first made sure my body is in the best condition it can be to to conceive before proceeding with further fertility treatment. Since I have hypothyroid, he had to make sure it is at optimal level. He has also surgical removed a polyp in my uterus, which has been blocking egg implantation. It is something my regular obgyn failed to inform me about. I have now done 1 round of IUI, but has failed. I will continue 2 more rounds of IUI before moving onto to IVF. He does seem to have a full schedule so appointments can be quick. I sometimes have to rely on his assistant to explain the next steps.
Don't wait! I waited a bit to go to a fertility doctor because I did not want to be pressured into ivf. But, that was not my experience at all with Dr. Goldschlag. I wish I had seen him sooner so I can understand what is going on with my body. My only other advice is to ask a lot of questions. He gives a good explanation of your fertility plan, but the steps you need to take such as when to get blood work, when to take the drugs, and etc.. sometimes needs to be clarified.
Dr. Goldschlag always asks how I'm doing and gives thorough explanations of treatment and option. I always feel like he is doing what is in my best interest. He has never pushed ivf treatment like some other doctors might do because that is where the money is.
His treatment made sure my body is in the best condition it can be to to conceive before proceeding with further fertility treatment. Since I have hypothyroid, he had to make sure it is at optimal level. He has also surgical removed a polyp in my uterus, which has been blocking egg implantation. I have now done 1 round of IUI, but has failed. I will continue 2 more rounds of IUI before moving onto to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Ara Cho)
She has been very organized and thorough. She was able to communicate with my insurance so I had a clear understanding of what part of the treatment is covered, and what I should expect to pay for. There was no surprise bills. She has also been helpful in letting me know what is the next step in procedure such as when to get blood work, when to take meds, etc.. The only negative I can say, is it can be difficult to speak with them on the phone. There is some phone tag. It would be much easier if they can communicate via email.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The people are very compassionate and friendly. I feel everyone there is competent at their job. I am always able to get an appointment when I need it. The fertility process is very time sensitive, so I really appreciated the coordinators making sure I get the correct meds at the correct timing. The only weakness, is it can be difficult to get someone on the phone if you have a question. I usually have to leave a voice mail, and then they call me back a few hours later. It would be much easier if they communicate via email, since I can not always get to my phone if it is a busy work day.
The costs you are responsible for really depend on your insurance. I had to cover cost of sperm washing for IUI, which was $375. Other then that it was just co-pays. The coordinator was very helpful in informing me what is covered. And, if it is not covered giving me alternatives labs to use for some tests that are not covered.
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Dan Goldschlag] addressed what we needed to do to get pregnant which is exactly what I wanted to hear. He knew what would be the best course and i trusted him immensely. We chose the path set out for us and i could not be happier. I plan to return to Dr. For our two frozen embryos that made it to blastocyst...He is wonderful and truly tries to help you achieve your goal of pregnancy.
I felt like [monitoring hours at Weill Cornell Medical College were] a well oiled machine, I chose to go early and never really had to wait more that 15-20min at the most...The clinic handles a large amount of people. I think they do a good job of trying to get everyone in ASAP but of course there are delays and hiccups. Overall i am very happy with my experience. I think the biggest thing to take away is making sure you are ready to manage and handle a lot of questions and express any concerns.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He addressed what we needed to do to get pregnant which is exactly what I wanted to hear. He knew what would be the best course and i trusted him immensely. We chose the path set out for us and i could not be happier. I plan to return to Dr. For our two frozen embryos that made it to blastocyst.
You have to be your own best advocate. Doctors have a lot of patients, i put myself in charge and made sure everything happening i was comfortable with. He is wonderful and truly tries to help you achieve your goal of pregnancy.
He understood this was my first Ivf cycle and really tried to explain things as clearly as possible. One day I had a breakdown and he took time to really address my worries and stress.
I have DOR (mild) and my husband and a motility issue. We chose to do IVF given I am 31 and wanted to ensure we could have more children. The dr. Told us our best chances were Ivf with ICSI which is what we we did.
Nice, pleasant. Promptly called. But again have to be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I felt like it was a well oiled machine, I chose to go early and never really had to wait more that 15-20min at the most.
I paid out of pocket for medication with my insurance coverage and the Ivf was covered. I did have some additional fees associated that had to be paid.
I

2012 - 2017, Successful
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I stuck with Dr. Goldschlag through 6 IUIs and 5 IVFs over the course of the past 4 years because I genuinely believe in and trust him. He is kind, compassionate and understanding of the setbacks that go along with this process. When I miscarried in the office, he was there to hold my hand, reassure me and just be a support system...sitting in the room with me for a good hour to personally handle my case and make sure I was OK/had someone who could come to get me. He is also a bit more cautious, which I personally preferred...slow, steady and ultimately successful. I was blessed to deliver my daughter in 2013 and am now pregnant with #2 - to which I owe Dr. G all the credit in the world. The one red flag for me was the fact that neither he nor his nursing staff ever identified my weight as an obstacle. My weight, at one point, dropped dangerously low and was never once flagged as an issue/nor was it ever mentioned that I should be seeking help before continuing to cycle. WARRIOR REVIEW
Be prepared that you will not see Dr. G at every monitoring appointment. BUT, you can always schedule time with him. Also, Dr. G takes a more cautious approach to treatment and protocols. If you are looking for an innovator or someone very aggressive, he may not be the right doctor for you. WARRIOR REVIEW
Cornell's practice as a whole is more like a factory. You sit in a packed waiting room every day with countless other women, see a rotation of nurses and fellows and don;t really build warm relationships with staff. The transfer/retrieval process is even worse - sitting for hours in a small waiting room wearing nothing but a robe, watching other women go in and out of the operating room, etc. It is not a warm and fuzzy place. Dr. G himself, on the other hand, is very warm and caring. He called me personally both times I miscarried, had an open door policy, and always remembered small tidbits I had shared. I think he is a wonderful doctor - his personality doesn't jive with the setting. WARRIOR REVIEW
My protocols remained fairly similar each time, as I was responding well to meds. For all IUIs, I was on either menopur or follistim - > 5th IUI resulted in a successful pregnancy.
I found the nursing staff at Cornell to be hit or miss. Some of the nurses are super on top of things, promptly return phone calls, and are great at building a a semblance of a relationship. Others have been awful, providing incorrect instructions, taking forever to call back, seeming very overworked and stressed. The nurses also rotate so frequently that it is hard to build real, caring relationships. And, it is extremely frustrating that you can NEVER reach anyone directly. WARRIOR REVIEW
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is like a factory - but they are highly successful. You must be super prepared to be a self advocate and follow up on EVERYTHING - from billing, to questions for nurses, to staying on top of your protocol and meds. The environment leaves much to be desired, with the awkwardness of the waiting rooms [in clinic and in hospital], lack of anonymity, lack of any type of patent coordinator. i stuck with the practice only because I loved my doctor. WARRIOR REVIEW
I was fortunate to have a good deal of insurance coverage.
Because of my size and my weight, Dr. G strongly encouraged the transfer of single embryos only. He was concerned about potential risks of a pregnancy with multiples [as was I!]
Upper East Side

Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail. He offers options to patients that might need them. Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are constantly revising their practice to reflect newer technology, chemistry and more scientifically beneficial procedures for his current patients and for future ones.
Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail....Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. ...I had trouble with the billing, not on the part of the hospital, but my insurance. Please make sure to ask all the billing and finance questions you need, and take notes during the financial consultation. this is NOT a fault on the part of the clinic, but rather issues that came up with my insurance company. Ask for the names of procedures and CPT codes, etc. The more informed you are, the easier it is to get coverage later.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all the questions you want; Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are happy to help you with any and all concerns that you might have. Have a good PCP who is willing to help you on your IVF journey. Despite direct contact from my nurse team, I had some physicians that made it rather difficult to get medication on Dr. Goldshlag's recommendation. Also, make sure you understand the billing, and that you get a list of CPT codes and procedures in the event that your insurance needs all this information. It is sometimes difficult to argue with insurance without the jargon in hand.
After my first failed cycle I was upset. Upon the start of my current cycle, I got information as to why things did not work the first time (ectopic pregnancy), the percentages involved in the number of women that experience this, etc. As for my every day care, I had daily calls from the nurses following tests with individualized instructions. When I could not get in contact with the staff,I would leave a message, and my call was always returned.
Suggestions to begin a synthroid regimen helped regulate my TSH levels (important for the embryo). Estrogen patches helped regulate hormones during the menses before the cycle and after the transfer. Daily injections of Ganirelix and Menopur helped the eggs grow and multiply faster. HCG ccntrolled the release. All throughout this process regular sonograms and blood tests ensured that I my hormones and "levels" were at at a level optimal for success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Allison)
Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. There is always a nurse accessible either through the phone or at the office to address any concerns. They called after every visit to report on progress and instructions. However, I would have like more of an explanation of what to expect in terms of potential side effects from treatments and procedures.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were rather efficient. I have never been in the office for more than 45 minutes, including appointment time, despite the occasional heavy crowd. No matter how high the volume of people is, the staff is always polite; as soon as they call your name, you are greeted with "How are you?" or "Nice to see you again."
Long Island

2012 - 2015, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Goldschlag is smart and reasonable, and unlike many (most??) of the other doctors at Cornell, he is extremely patient and compassionate. Not arrogant or rushed at all...He is often running late for consults. This is because he takes the appropriate amount of time with each patient (despite their scheduling protocol). It's worth it. Block out the time in your day.
Jamie, Dr. Goldschlag's nurse, is awesome. Over 3 years I developed quite the rapport with her...[Cornell is a] factory. Things do slip through the cracks—you have to be very on top of it all and advocate for yourself right from the start. Some staff are lovely, others incompetent and/or rude. Some doctors arrogant/have god complex, and you will see them all at some point if you're there for any length of time. One 2014-2015 fellow, dr. Levine, was unbelievably insensitive and clueless. All worth it. Great success rates and generally very very professional. See Dr. Goldschlag.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
See him! He is often running late for consults. This is because he takes the appropriate amount of time with each patient (despite their scheduling protocol). It's worth it. Block out the time in your day.
Very compassionate and sympathetic. Involved us in the decisionmaking much more than other doctors I've encountered.
Natural cycle IUIs, medicated IUIs, IVF, ICSI, batching, PGS, frozen transfer. PGS with frozen transfer was ultimately successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Justine. Almost never talked to her. )
Jamie, Dr. Goldschlag's nurse, is awesome. Over 3 years I developed quite the rapport with her. She's so nice and helpful and knowledgable, although can be rushed. That's just the nature of how they run things there. Worth it to deal with.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Factory. Things do slip through the cracks—you have to be very on top of it all and advocate for yourself right from the start. Some staff are lovely, others incompetent and/or rude. Some doctors arrogant/have god complex, and you will see them all at some point if you're there for any length of time. One 2014-2015 fellow, dr. Levine, was unbelievably insensitive and clueless. All worth it. Great success rates and generally very very professional. See Dr. Goldschlag.
Very rushed. Sometimes long waits.
Almost $100,000, and that was after insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Oy. Years worth of cycles and treatments....it wasn't perfect. Lots of little mistakes here and there, mostly due to the fact that the doctors seeing you don't know your chart or your own doctors approach or thoughts, but want to prognosticate anyway.
Investment Banker
Soft spoken and reassuring. Creates a treatment plan that accommodates my needs. Incredibly compassionate. Treatment is not one size fits all, he [Dr. Goldschlag] will tailor your treatment to your personal fertility history. ... IVF day 3 embryo transfer - he wasn't sure the embryos would grow to day 5 2 embryo transfer to increased the chance of success
Very large program [Weill Cornell], takes time to learn to navigate. Let Shanise help you. It is a group practice so you will see more than one physician. They do every thing and have seen everything - great to be cared for by true experts. ...[monitoring] well oiled machine give yourself a hour to get in and out for the visit / sono / blood work ... Tamara was very patient on the phone. Shanise was the best coordinator ever!
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Soft spoken and reassuring. Creates a treatment plan that accommodates my needs. Incredibly compassionate. Treatment is not one size fits all, he will tailor your treatment to your personal fertility history.
His new patient appointments are booked out, but he is worth the wait. Once you are a patient you can even see him ever the same day you call.
Cornell is a large program but Dr. G was always available. He returned calls the same day and even called just to update me on the progress.
Tamara was very patient on the phone. Shanise was the best coordinator ever!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very large program, takes time to learn to navigate. Let Shanise help you. It is a group practice so you will see more than one physician. They do every thing and have seen everything - great to be cared for by true experts.
thankfully insurance covered the care
He definitely prefers SET but pays attention the quality and my age
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My prescription was call into the wrong pharmacy - they rectified it, may have been a confusion with insurance issues.

2012 - 2018, Successful
I always knew Dr Goldschlag was monitoring my progress even if I didn’t always see him at appointments...He listened to my fears and hopes and what was happening to my body and we decided together. There was not a one size fits all rule that was just applied to me...always answers my questions and never makes me feel rushed. He definitely makes you feel like you are in the best hands. I personally feel like he’s an angel here on earth.
[Dr. Goldschlag's] assistant [at Weill Cornell Medical College] doesn’t return phone calls always so you must stay on top of her...It’s a giant [nursing] team and you never know who is calling from day to day with instructions but they are knowledgeable and professional...so people are everywhere (mornings there are crowded). blood is taken in stalls like a farm but it’s all good. You know you are in good hands. I am very happy I chose Cornell.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
The place is very organized to treat so many people and give the highest care possible, so it could feel like you are just a number but I always knew Dr Goldschlag was monitoring my progress even if I didn’t always see him at appointments.
His assistant doesn’t return phone calls always so you must stay on top of her.
Dr Goldschlag always answers my questions and never makes me feel rushed. He definitely makes you feel like you are in the best hands. I personally feel like he’s an angel here on earth.
I don’t remember. I was on a lot of medicine for a long time bc I am a poor responder. 2 fresh cycles resulted in 3 kids.
It’s a giant team and you never know who is calling from day to day with instructions but they are knowledgeable and professional.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
One of the best in the country. It’s nyc, so people are everywhere (mornings there are crowded). blood is taken in stalls like a farm but it’s all good. You know you are in good hands. I am very happy I chose Cornell.

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Goldschlag] was great. Really liked his personality and bedside manner. He was very personal and thoughtful. Unfortunately, my only criticism is that he is working within a very specific system [at Cornell Weill Fertility] and can't really experiment as much as we would have needed. In general, I really liked him though.
If you have any issues, or need them [the doctors at Weill Cornell fertility] to think outside the box, this is not the place to go. In general however, if you simply want to try traditional IVF, Cornell is fine and I really liked him as a person...To see your doc, you actually have to make an appointment. This causes all the other docs to not have any clue about your case, which is why I believe they follow the regimented way they do things so strictly.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was great. Really liked his personality and bedside manner. He was very personal and thoughtful. Unfortunately, my only criticism is that he is working within a very specific system and can't really experiment as much as we would have needed. In general, I really liked him though.
Ask him questions! He will answer them.
Cornell does things one particular way, and they all adhere to the same formula. While we liked Dr. Goldshlag, it was very rare that we'd actually see him when we went in for bloodwork and monitoring. The way Cornell works, you see whatever doctor is on the floor that day. To see your doc, you actually have to make an appointment. This causes all the other docs to not have any clue about your case, which is why I believe they follow the regimented way they do things so strictly. If you have any issues, or need them to think outside the box, this is not the place to go. In general however, if you simply want to try traditional IVF, Cornell is fine and I really liked him as a person.
2013 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Dan Goldschlag is a] Wonderful doctor who is calm and clearly articulates the issues and how he plans to address them. After set backs, we discussed how I was feeling emotionally and physically (and financially) and that was part of the equation of how we were to move forward with my plan.... Practice is very process - driven, limited engagement with primary doctor after you set protocol for the cycle. The nurses are responsible for the day to day interaction with the patients.
[Weill Cornell is a] World class clinic and lab, but serves many many patients - can feel overwhelming and stressful. Focus on why you are there- and no the crowds. Come early so you don't wait for hour+ during monitoring.... Practice is very process - driven, limited engagement with primary doctor after you set protocol for the cycle. The nurses are responsible for the day to day interaction with the patients.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be your own advocate. Cornell is a large clinic.
Often times the nursing staff gave contradicting information to the dr I saw that morning during monitoring. I had to advocate for myself and make sure the direction was proper.
Upper East Side

Dr. G [Goldschlag] is a good physician. ... Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, estrogen priming. I'm over 40 so the doses were high. ... I have only had good experiences so far. ... I transferred 4 embryos, which is shocking for most people ... It doesn't matter who you see at Cornell, the place is busy and you won't have a ton of time with the physicians. ... While there is an insane number of patients at this clinic [Weill Cornell] and most of the NYC metro area ones, I felt like anything that concerned me was taken care of.
Cornell is great if you work full time. The monitoring hours are great and they are fully staffed with physicians rotating so you can get treated constantly, which is lacking at many other clinics. ... This clinic is too lenient with monitoring and it's a disaster with that many patients. ... The main weakness is they have out grown the UES location already. The waiting room is too crowded and loud so it is difficult to hear when they are calling you.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. G is a good physician. Weill Cornell is another story. I work as a complementary healthcare practitioner, treating a lot of fertility patients, so I have seen firsthand how bad some physicians are. I have only had good experiences so far.
It doesn't matter who you see at Cornell, the place is busy and you won't have a ton of time with the physicians. If you want to spend an hour talking about your health concerns, your diet, supplements, etc, I advise you to find an acupuncturist.
While there is an insane number of patients at this clinic and most of the NYC metro area ones, I felt like anything that concerned me was taken care of.
Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, estrogen priming. I'm over 40 so the doses were high. I got pregnant but miscarried.
The nurses were OK. I wish Cornell would join this century and use electronic communications instead of calling to give me instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is great if you work full time. The monitoring hours are great and they are fully staffed with physicians rotating so you can get treated constantly, which is lacking at many other clinics. The main weakness is they have out grown the UES location already. The waiting room is too crowded and loud so it is difficult to hear when they are calling you. The clinic also lacks that human touch.
This clinic is too lenient with monitoring and it's a disaster with that many patients. I would stop walk in since everyone waits for the last possible moment and start using appointments (or the illusion of appointments). Monitoring is empty til 7:30 then gets overcrowded.
My insurance covers infertility 100%, even IVF so my out of pocket was my deductible.
I transferred 4 embryos, which is shocking for most people. Physicians are not required to take calculus or any real math classes to get into med school or during med school. I did take advanced calc, probability and statistics. I calculated out the odds assuming each individual egg has a 15% chance of getting pregnant and even with 4 eggs, the odds are still under 50%. If you are over 40, don't waste time thinking you are going to have multiples cause statistically that's not going to happen.