4.6

Austin Westlake
300 Beardsley Ln
Austin, TX 78746
512.444.1414

Dr. Lebovic was very honest in my meetings with him, he was understanding and polite without sugar-coating anything. I only met with Dr. Lebovic for my consultation, all other visits have been done with nursing staff (including IUIs) so I feel like he is not quite as available for questions or concerns as I would like him to be (but I could also just be overly needy!).
Strength: I feel the clinic [Center for Repro Med of MN] staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Don't expect him to be present at all visits or for all procedures.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Lebovic was very polite and listened to all of my concerns. I do feel like my initial consultation was quicker than I expected, which is also the only time I have been face-to-face with Dr. Lebovic. All other appointments and procedures have been with nursing staff.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
My first IUI was done with 7.5 mg letrozole days 3-7. This was the same dosage I had been on previous cycles with my OBGYN and seemed to produce 1-2 dominant follicles each cycle, so we continued this dosage. I ovulate early, so I had my follicle check on day 10 with 2 follicles and triggered that night with Ovidrel 250 mcg. I had my IUI on day 12, though I feel that I ovulated too early. This cycle was unsuccessful. For my second IUI cycle, all medications and dosages were kept the same. Follicle check done on day 10, triggered on day 11 and IUI done on day 13. Currently in the waiting period to find out if we had success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Most of my face-to-face time at the clinic has been done with the nursing staff. All of the nurses I have worked with have been very knowledgeable and friendly. They are always able to answer my questions and are compassionate about my situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strength: I feel the clinic staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
IUI is covered under my insurance, but only up to $5000. After my first IUI, I had $3000 left which means I can only have 2.5 cycles covered by my insurance. For IVF, out of pocket cost was quoted as approximately $23,000 per cycle.
Minneapolis

Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment...was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care...We did the Affirm program to pay for IVF. Highly recommend. I believe that is around 26000 for a live birth...Strength is Lebovic and the other doctors we encountered for procedures. The Weakness is some of the nurses and ultrasound techs that could work on their bed side manner. Especially during such a stressful and challenging time, a rude nurse can hurt more than it might otherwise.
Lebovic was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
Trust the process. Trust Lebovic. Reach out to him when you need support. Sometimes just hearing his words helped calm us down from the fear of infertility.
Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment. At times, it felt like there were too many patients at the clinic because it took so long to schedule some of our appointments.
The nursing staff was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] is very dry. Sometimes he forgets the patient is not an expert like him. He is easy to reach by email. He calls jmmediatley with test results. He is very research based and will provide recommendations to you based on how he would advise his loved ones.... Antagonist protocol 300 gonal f 150 menopur centrotide and a dual trigger with Lupron 80 units. Second cycle he added HGH.
You do not see the same person twice [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN- Minneapolis]. They have a quick in and out process. Billing is very non aggressive. Front desk staff are very friendly and private. All doctors are knowledgeable and informative. Parking is free!!... He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] was willing to do three embryos for a three day fresh transfer... Approx 10k-12 k for an IVF cycle with insurance coverage for monitoring. Additional 2200 for pgs testing.
He is very dry. Sometimes he forgets the patient is not an expert like him. He is easy to reach by email. He calls jmmediatley with test results. He is very research based and will provide recommendations to you based on how he would advise his loved ones.
Don't expect him to be very friendly. He is pretty down to business.
Protocol pretty standard and errors with it. However, he provided phone calls and emails as I needed to discuss.
Saw many of the same nurses. One nurse did most of my procedures and she was great. They were helpful with directions and calling to follow up.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
You do not see the same person twice. They have a quick in and out process. Billing is very non aggressive. Front desk staff are very friendly and private. All doctors are knowledgeable and informative. Parking is free!!
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He was willing to do three embryos for a three day fresh transfer
Minneapolis

Besides the initial appointment [with Dr. Dan Lebovic] I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine....He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest...He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution...I would highly recommend and am confident he’ll get is pregnant...7.5mg letrozols days 3-7, ovidrel trigger after monitoring, bd after trigger, IUI.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota has] great hours, and communication. Expensive without insurance, but most fertility centers are. I do like that they are honest about the success chances as well as finances. I would recommend though...Everyone has been super nice and efficient...Besides the initial appointment [with Dr. Dan Lebovic] I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine....He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest...He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution...I would
Besides the initial appointment I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine. He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution.
I would highly recommend and am confident he’ll get is pregnant.
He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest.
Everyone has been super nice and efficient
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nearby, great hours, and communication. Expensive without insurance, but most fertility centers are. I do like that they are honest about the success chances as well as finances. I would recommend though.
So far I have had insurance coverage
Na
Minneapolis

Dr. Lebovic is extremely kind, compassionate and takes the time to answer our questions. He never seems to be rushing from one patient to another....He explains things thoroughly and makes appointments long enough to answer questions. He is very kind and easy to talk to. He has goes over all costs and options and recommended every possible infertility test before going forward...Our infertility is male factor. My husband was originally prescribed Clomid from his urologist
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is very clean and modern. They are very good about dealing with insurance and knowing costs (something which most doctors don’t seem to know well). They seem to do scheduling well. The clinic doesn’t seem overcrowded and the staff do not seem overworked. They have coffee, tea, and water in the waiting area. They are very considerate of their patients emotional needs....They are very kind and compassionate. None of them are in a hurry and all of them take time to answer our questions.
He explains things thoroughly and makes appointments long enough to answer questions. He is very kind and easy to talk to. He has goes over all costs and options and recommended every possible infertility test before going forward because any testing was covered under our insurance. He was very clear about costs.
Do research and come up with lots of questions because he has lots of answers. :)
Dr. Lebovic is extremely kind, compassionate and takes the time to answer our questions. He never seems to be rushing from one patient to another. The nurses in his office have also been extremely kind and compassionate.
Our infertility is male factor. My husband was originally prescribed Clomid from his urologist (he has one kidney so sees a urologist biannually). Dr. Lebovic had us continue treatment for a couple of months, did a full blood screening and ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries, and had us see a genetic counselor. The genetic counselor was extremely knowledgeable. My husband was born with prune belly syndrome and we left knowing so much more about it and our odds (or lack of odds) of passing it on.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very clean and modern. They are very good about dealing with insurance and knowing costs (something which most doctors don’t seem to know well). They seem to do scheduling well. The clinic doesn’t seem overcrowded and the staff do not seem overworked. They have coffee, tea, and water in the waiting area. They are very considerate of their patients emotional needs.
So far, we have only done diagnostic testing, and we have maybe paid $50 total for that, it was covered by insurance. Insurance also covers clomid, which we are using, we have a low copay for that. Any further treatment is not covered and will likely cost between $3000 and $26,000 which seems normal/average.
Minneapolis

You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine]. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best.
Dr. Lebovic is obviously intelligent and takes a very evidence-based approach to treatment. He is a fine choice for standardized care if you are a straightforward case. If not, however, you may find yourself frustrated as there is limited openness to tweaking protocols, adding supplements, etc. Dr. Lebovic tries to connect and is very responsive (called/emailed immediately with test results and to answer questions) but his bedside manner is lacking in warmth. I'm not typically one that needs a lot of warmth, in fact I am sometimes irritated by it! But his was just such an anxious, cold presentation that it made me uncomfortable and added to the stress of it all. Infertility treatment is stressful enough, do yourself a favor and only choose to work with a provider that you feel good about!
Give him a shot, perhaps your personalities will jive better than mine did with him. Be prepared to ask a lot of direct questions and receive very brief answers. Don't hesitate to reach out to him for guidance as needed as he is happy to help.
Dr. Lebovic does his best to be a clear communicator and to be responsive. The problem is just that there is no sense of warmth. He is neutral in every way one can imagine. Flat affect, flat intonation, provides limited opinions and observations, etc. We could tell he was trying but it was just all very cold.
Birth control leading into things. Antagonist protocol (ganirelix) + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur. Ovidrel trigger. The rationale for using this protocol was never explained to me.
You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best. I had mutliple experiences where the nurses called back and provided inaccurate information about my case which instills very little confidence. When I lost a pregnancy it was very difficult to reach anyone for help about what to do and when I finally did the contact was neutral at best.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic is a factory. There are quite a few doctors, a lot of nurses, and many, many patients. This means that it is very unlikely that you will see your identified provider after the initial consult or that you will notice many familiar faces at your appointments. On egg retrieval and transfer days you could have any provider in the practice assigned to you and, be warned, they do not all have superb bedside manner. This results in unecessary stress on very important days. This is also a clinic that schedules cycles quite far out (2+months after consult) and seems to run patients in 'batches' meaning that they may have you on birth control for months to sync up your cycle with their schedule.
The actual cycle was about $14,000. Meds were probably another $3000.
Prefers eSET but open to multiple embryo transfer when appropriate.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Failed to receive test results until I reached out to them. Received conflicting information from the nurses and my doctor.
Minneapolis

The nursing staff at CRM Minneapolis are wonderful. I haven't had a bad interaction with any of them. They are very good at what they do, and show a lot of care toward their patients.... CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic and they have the capacity to treat a lot of patients. The clinic is run very smoothly, and they seem to provide very good care. From what I understand they also have a great embryology lab, which is important. The only minor downside is that you can sometimes feel like a number - doctors don't have a lot of time as they are spread out. I don't think this leads to worse care - just something to keep in mind.
Dr. Lebovic is clearly a highly trained doctor, knows the science, and cares about his patients and the outcomes everyone is trying to achieve. There have been a few times where I felt Dr. Lebovic wasn't up to speed on communications I had had with nursing staff or certain things that had been changed/ordered - it felt as if he hadn't read my files before talking to me and was proceeding with certain things before confirming with me. I think he just needs to take a little more time with patients. It can be a bit unnerving when you have to remind your doctor about certain things.
Be very clear about what you want and don't be afraid to speak up/advocate for yourself.
CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic. My sense is they provide high quality fertility/infertility care. Because there are so many patients it's natural that doctor's and staff have limited time with patients.
Antagonist retrieval protocol: estradiol, Menopur, GonalF, Cetrotide, Ovidrel (trigger shot)
~$25,000 for one retrieval cycle and one transfer
Dr. Lebovic leans toward eSET but is open to transferring 2 embryos depending on a patient's situation.
Minneapolis

[Dr. Dan Lebovic is] Definitely straight and too the point which we appreciate. Sets realistic expectations. Sometimes wish he would be a little more “cheerleader” but he was more on the conservative side. He listened to our concerns and was always available via phone or email to answer any questions...Let us chose [our protocol]. We did femara at my regular OB so he suggested we try injectibles. We did- and got 5 eggs so that cycle was cancelled. We dialed back the injections next cycle. Did a few IUIs but unfortunately it wasn’t successful.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota was] Expensive!! But compared to other clinics nearby it was very comparable...Very professional, clean, the latest technology. Open on the weekends in the morning which was nice for monitoring. Free parking. Everyone was super helpful and compassionate...All nurses we worked with were fantastic!!...there was a time when the prescription was not called in. I had to call the on call doc but he was very attentive and called it in right away!
No advice. Just know that he is on the conservative side but also really smart.
He listened to our concerns attentively.
Let us chose. We did femara at my regular OB so he suggested we try injectibles. We did- and got 5 eggs so that cycle was cancelled. We dialed back the injections next cycle. Did a few IUIs but unfortunately it wasn’t successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Not yet, but if we pursue IVF we will.)
All nurses we worked with were fantastic!!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very professional, clean, the latest technology. Open on the weekends in the morning which was nice for monitoring. Free parking. Everyone was super helpful and compassionate. It is said to be the best in MN.
Expensive!! But compared to other clinics nearby it was very comparable.
He said he would very much let us chose.
Nothing wrong. But there was a time when the prescription was not called in. I had to call the on call doc but he was very attentive and called it in right away!
Minneapolis

Great bedside manner and rational approach to medicine. Dan [Lebovic] takes time to answer all questions thoughtfully and follows up in a timely manner. Could use a bit more of a personal touch/investment to ensure full dedication to the sensitive elements of this difficult journey.... We started with a series of hormone supplements, when that didn’t work we progressed to IUI, and after 5 failed rounds we began the IVF process and have since completed retrieval but not yet a transfer.
All-in-all this is the only clinic we’ve gone to so our exposure is limited. CRM MN has been welcoming, helpful, and detail focused throughout our experience. When faced with medical insurance issues they are supportive and will go to bat for you. They have a strong team of competent practitioners.... The nursing staff is always attentive and informative. Again, further compassion for the delicate nature of this experience could make it a little more bearable.
Great bedside manner and rational approach to medicine. Dan takes time to answer all questions thoughtfully and follows up in a timely manner. Could use a bit more of a personal touch/investment to ensure full dedication to the sensitive elements of this difficult journey.
Ask a lot of questions for full clarity.
Warm welcome, quick question responses, personalized follow up when faced with difficulty.
$1500 per IUI, $15000 per IVF
Our dr doesn’t do multiple embryo transfer unless necessary.
Minneapolis
When I had my miscarriage he [Dr. Lebovic] was on call with anything I needed...He's quiet and a tad awkward but it's because he's very into the medical breakdown and science behind his position. He's extremely caring and open to talk to. He's also very eager and active, he's happy to talk about any questions or jump on a phone call... 1. Met with him in his office 2. Nurse consult 3. Baseline tests 4. Mock transfer 5. Egg Retrieveal 6. Embryo Transfer 7. BETA 2 Weeks later
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota was] Extremely organized! They have the process down. Great doctors! I've loved all who have helped me. They need an online portal and ability to email nurses. Update the rooms to be a bit more welcoming...[nurses were] Very organized and prompt. However, would be nice to have a team dedicated to you instead of a new person each time.
Give him a chance
When I had my miscarriage he was on call with anything I needed.
I only went to him for IVF. So here's that: 1. Met with him in his office 2. Nurse consult 3. Baseline tests 4. Mock transfer 5. Egg Retrieveal 6. Embryo Transfer 7. BETA 2 Weeks later
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He seems to favor single embryo transfer but that could be because of the quality of my eggs
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Lebovic] was warm, honest, and upfront about our procedures and chances for success. The hardest meeting was our consultation after the chemical pregnancy. I know it's impossible to pinpoint why an IVF pregnancy fails, but it was hard to get a sense as to what happened, why, and why the next recommended steps could prevent it from happening. Post second transfer, the communication has again been great.
The doctors and nurses are professional. The care and technology is well above average. I think patients should be aware, however, that their doctor isn't necessarily the one performing their procedures. ... Overall, the nurses at CRM [of Minnesota] were excellent. They were organized, compassionate, and encouraging. I would describe only one or two of them as cold.
Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Lebovic. He was warm, honest, and upfront about our procedures and chances for success. After we had our chemical pregnancy with our first transfer, he made adjustments to our protocol which I tend to think are the reason why I'm pregnant today.
I think my advice to any IVF patient is to not hesitate to ask questions and to be your best advocate. There were times I had questions after meeting with Dr. Lebovic that weren't covered during our office visit, and he always got back to me right away via email.
Dr. Lebovic did a wonderful job reaching out to me throughout the retrieval/PGS process and when I had a chemical pregnancy with my first transfer (even when he was on vacation). The hardest meeting was our consultation after the chemical pregnancy. I know it's impossible to pinpoint why an IVF pregnancy fails, but it was hard to get a sense as to what happened, why, and why the next recommended steps could prevent it from happening. Post second transfer, the communication has again been great.
For the retrieval, I used Menopur, Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and the trigger shot. For my first frozen transfer, I was on birth control, Estrace and Endometrin. This transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. For my second frozen transfer, I was on birth control, Estrace, and progesterone-in-oil injections ("PIO"). This cycle ended in a current active pregnancy. Whether it's legitimate or not, I am convinced that I'm still pregnant because of PIO. I wish it had been offered as an option for my first cycle--and not just because I think it's a better source of progesterone. I prefer a once daily injection to three insertions of Endometrin. I also found the Endometrin to be irritating and the discharge was frankly gross. Finally, PIO is also cheaper. If my husband and I decide to transfer another embryo in the future, I will definitely be asking for PIO.
Overall, the nurses at CRM were excellent. They were organized, compassionate, and encouraging. I would describe only one or two of them as cold.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Based on success rates on SART, this clinic is the best one in the Twin Cities. The doctors and nurses are professional. The care and technology is well above average. I think patients should be aware, however, that their doctor isn't necessarily the one performing their procedures.
Because we did PGS, Dr. Lebovic strongly encouraged eSET. Because we only wanted a single pregnancy, we did not object or seek to circumvent this recommendation.