4.4

300 Beardsley Ln
Austin, TX 78746
512.444.1414

2021, Successful
He [Dr. Lebovic] was kind and actually listened to me. Never felt rushed. My previous doctors made me cry almost every time. This doctor had great bedside manner every visit and made me feel we would get to the bottom of my issues...Did some Femera for a cycle to prepare for IUI and felt very supported with any concerns or questions I had. We did one IUI that resulted in a pregnancy. They timed it and let me know when to come in for each ultrasound...I’m now expecting my first child!
This clinic [Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] was amazing. The staff felt like family the moment I had my first phone call. I ALWAYS felt supported...I was able to email her [nurse] at any moment of the day or weekend with questions . She never made me feel silly. She was so supportive , organized , and helpful!...They made everything worth it and so much better. I didn’t feel like an atm or a number...
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
This doctor was great! I felt like I was prepared for what was ahead. He was kind and actually listened to me. Never felt rushed. My previous doctors made me cry almost every time. This doctor had great bedside manner every visit and made me feel we would get to the bottom of my issues. I’m now expecting my first child!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient with yourself. Doctors may not always have the answer but this doctor will help guide you to the best decision for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
This clinic was amazing. The staff felt like family the moment I had my first phone call. I ALWAYS felt supported.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I had previously done 2 IUIs resulting in chemical pregnancies. Had a phone call with this doctor to make a game plan. Did some Femera for a cycle to prepare for IUI and felt very supported with any concerns or questions I had. We did one IUI that resulted in a pregnancy. They timed it and let me know when to come in for each ultrasound. Previous doctors had me go in at random times so I would miss my window. This experience was by far more organized!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ashlee Bates)
Ashlee will forever be my angel. I was able to email her at any moment of the day or weekend with questions . She never made me feel silly. She was so supportive , organized , and helpful! This woman deserves an award!
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I truly don’t have a weakness for this clinic. They made everything worth it and so much better. I didn’t feel like an atm or a number. They felt like family ! My previous experiences with another Austin clinic was truly so awful. So glad I found these guys.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I simply paid a $70 copay. So lucky my insurance covered IUI. Some meds weren’t covered.
Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine
Austin Westlake

Dr Lebovic went above and beyond for my husband and I. He responded to a crisis with compassion and made accommodations so we could have a successful retrieval. He is incredibly responsive via email and promptly answered all my questions and concerns. He knows his research and is always willing to share relevant articles. When I was anxious about my pregnancy, he readily offered to move up my ultrasound. I could not be happier with the care I received from Dr Lebovic.
CRM [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is a big clinic but I never felt like a number there. They definitely have their set way of doing things but also made every accommodation we needed, including staying open after hours for one of our retrievals. When our shared risk program went bankrupt, they agreed to honor the contract when they had every right to not cover the services. We are so thankful for the care we received at CRM.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Use email to communicate with him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Lebovic is accommodating and very responsive to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Julie )
We had Julie for most of our procedures and one of our consultations. She came in after hours for a special situation on our first retrieval and always remembered us thereafter. She is kind and provided comfort throughout our care
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is a big clinic but I never felt like a number there. They definitely have their set way of doing things but also made every accommodation we needed, including staying open after hours for one of our retrievals. When our shared risk program went bankrupt, they agreed to honor the contract when they had every right to not cover the services. We are so thankful for the care we received at CRM.
Minneapolis

Dr. Lebovic was very responsive and his responses showed that he truly cared and knew what we had been through...he would respond to emails in an hour or two. We trusted him completely with our treatment plan. He also was extremely cautious with our egg retrieval, due to the risk of OHSS. We were going to do a fresh transfer, but postponed due to the number of eggs that retrieved...was very factual and straight to the point- we really needed this.
The cost of IVF [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] (required prior to the procedure) was $12,730 and this included ICSI. This did not include our frozen transfer- we needed to pay approximately $2000 extra for this...had IVF seminars every month. This was extremely valuable and I am so glad that we went. I really enjoyed all of the techs as well, and thought they were very pleasant. Even when I went to the blood draws, I enjoyed talking to the techs.
When we first saw Dr. Lebovic, he told us that our best shot was to do IVF. He was very honest, and at the time I don't believe we were ready to accept that. We let that news sink in, tried some various other courses of treatment, but ultimately we did proceed with IVF this year. Well, he was right and I wish we would have just done IVF right away. Dr. Lebovic was very attentive to our needs- he would respond to emails in an hour or two. We trusted him completely with our treatment plan. He also was extremely cautious with our egg retrieval, due to the risk of OHSS. We were going to do a fresh transfer, but postponed due to the number of eggs that retrieved. Although we were sad at the time, I am so glad that we did this. This was a very emotional process for us, and Dr. Lebovic was very factual and straight to the point- we really needed this.
Be prepared to be open minded. We had an idea of what our treatment plan probably would be, and we were totally wrong.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We had severe male infertility, and therefore Dr. Lebovic recommended IVF right away. For our hormones leading up to the treatment, we used Menopur and Follistim, and then added Ganirelix a week after starting the injections. Due to my PCOS, we decreased the Follistim right away. In preparation for OHSS, Dr. Lebovic prescribed Cabergoline before and after the transfer, and I also added Letrozole after the transfer as well. This helped to prevent severe OHSS. We opted for a frozen transfer rather than fresh, and leading up to that we started Progesterone in oil and estradiol. After the transfer, I have continued with PIO injections daily, and estradiol three times/day.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For strengths, I always received a call back within the day when I left a message for the nursing staff. Even when I had a concern about one of my shots on the weekend, they called me right away to talk me through my concern. I felt like when I received a call back, they were knowledgeable about my treatment plan. For opportunities, I suppose it would have been nice to have a lead nurse assigned to me so I could get used to them and develop a comfort level.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I liked how our clinic had IVF seminars every month. This was extremely valuable and I am so glad that we went. I really enjoyed all of the techs as well, and thought they were very pleasant. Even when I went to the blood draws, I enjoyed talking to the techs. For weaknesses, I felt like the front desk staff at times was not the most friendly. I think when we first went there in 2018, I felt like I was a number. But, through IVF this year I realize that they need to do this to stay organized where everyone is at with their cycle. Filling out a paper first thing when you get there to confirm why you are being seen, calling and leaving messages on the nurse line, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The cost of IVF (required prior to the procedure) was $12,730 and this included ICSI. This did not include our frozen transfer- we needed to pay approximately $2000 extra for this. I do believe there were some additional costs for medications (about $1500).
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
He strongly recommended 1 embryo transfer, and provided a great deal of educational material to support this.
Minneapolis

It is obvious that Dr. Lebovic is highly educated in reproductive medicine as well as other components of medicine. As disappointing as it was to be cancelled, we found out I had hyperprolactinemia and needed to be treated prior to transfer. If it wasnt caught i would have been at significant risk for miscarriage. He pays attention to details and although as t times i wish he'd give me his opinion and not just facts, at the end of the day my husband and I have been in complete control of our care because of it.
CRM is very good at what they do. The finance dept makes it easy by communicating with your insurance company and even sending applications for exceptions for coverage when denied. The ultrasound techs have the art done to a tee. They do little things like warming up the lubricant and painting the lights above your face so you are comfortable and relaxed. You never have to pay for parking. The clinic gives you a nicely framed picture of your embryo after implantation. All of these details make a big difference. The only negative experience I've had is that the patient cart I was brought into the procedure room on was outdated.
I would recommend going into your initial consult with prepared questions you may have come up with through your journey. This is the time Dr. Lebovic will sit with you face to face as long as you need and he is happy to explain any uncertainty you may have. After this appointment he is available but not face to face. Oh and park on the second level of the parking ramp, go in the building and take the elevator to level 4. Closer parking, easier to get out of parking spot without waiting for cars to exit, and you can stay out of the elements as well.
Dr. Lebovic sat down and talked with my husband and myself and explained thoroughly our situation and the research and education behind what he thought we should do next and why. He then gave us the resources and tools and allowed us to make our own decisions. He has been available via email through our entire journey as needed.
We started with an IUI cycle. I was put on Femara and then triggered with ovidrel a day or two before our IUI procedure. We went through 5 IUI cycles since they were relatively inexpensive and partially covered by insurance. After 5 failed cycles we began the process for egg retrieval. I was placed on menopur and gonal-f. I injected ovidrel the day before our retrieval. We froze all embryos and did PGS. I am now currently on estradiol and progesterone. Was taking aspirin stopped after positive beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Theresa seemed to be truly invested in our journey and who we are. She was genuine, informative, and showed great empathy when relaying bad news.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
IUI cost us 200-300 after insurance each time. Egg retrieval was $10,243. Frozen embryo transfer was $2,957. PGS was $2,170.
Dr. Lebovic prefers single embryo transfers but is open and will allow multiple embryo transfers if the patient is aware and understands the risk involved.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Our experiences with Dr. Lebovic were limited to the consultation and few appointments. He was pleasant during the interactions we had, though not overly personable. We appreciated his matter a fact and upfront approach to our frozen embryo transfer. ... The nursing staff [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] was good at relaying our questions to Dr. Lebovic and getting back to us in a timely matter.
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is set up nicely and organized well into subsections based on appointment type. The waiting room is set up in such a way to give you a sense space even when crowded. They also focus on scheduling IVF patients in batches. ... However, aside from the obvious knowledge and skill of the nursing staff, I was surprised that at times our interactions with the staff felt very clinical. By this point in our journey we had been through an emotional roller coaster and I guess I sort of expected the nurses to address the emotional aspects of the treatment as thoroughly as they did the technical.
Come prepared to your consultation with your questions. Interactions with Dr. Lebovic were limited. Most communications after the consultation were with the nursing staff.
It was difficult to feel comforted and well connected in the infertility process. That said, I understand the need for an objective approach when assessing the best treatment method(s).
I don’t recall the exact protocol used for our frozen embryo transfer but the results were successful with a singleton. However, I do remember brand name medications being preferred if not required in some situations.
The nursing staff was good at relaying our questions to Dr. Lebovic and getting back to us in a timely matter. It was clear that they are well practiced and knowledgeable of the various protocols. However, aside from the obvious knowledge and skill of the nursing staff, I was surprised that at times our interactions with the staff felt very clinical. By this point in our journey we had been through an emotional roller coaster and I guess I sort of expected the nurses to address the emotional aspects of the treatment as thoroughly as they did the technical. That said, everyone was pleasant to interact with, but none of the nursing staff brought the emotion to our treatment that I expected from such a specialized care team. Essentially, if you are able to separate from that expectation then they were pleasant to interact with.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is set up nicely and organized well into subsections based on appointment type. The waiting room is set up in such a way to give you a sense space even when crowded. They also focus on scheduling IVF patients in batches.
We paid for our frozen embryo transfer upfront and prior to starting any protocol.
All doctors we interacted with at the clinic had strong preferences for a single embryo transfer. We felt they did a great job to help us better understand the risks of a multiple embryo transfer and pregnancy.
Minneapolis

[Dr. Dan Lebovic] was willing to meet with me on my proactive fertility journey. I hadn't been diagnosed with infertility, but because of my age I went straight to IVF. I appreciate that Dan was open to me taking this path and he was great at talking through everything with my husband and me, even though it took us many months to take the next step in the journey...He's probably the most responsive doctor I've ever worked with and gave us a good plan to follow...We followed a fairly typical protocol for my age. I had done egg freezing previously, which had worked well, so a similar treatment strategy was used.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is well run and is fairly similar to other large clinics that I've been to on the west coast. The only thing I wish they did differently is I wish their PGS testing center classified PGS-tested embryos as mosaic. Right now, they only classify them as normal or abnormal, and CRM won't transfer abnormally classified embryos. Most clinics follow the same approach for abnormals, but I wish they would go with a testing center that could tell if the abnormals were really mosaics.
I had a great experience with Dan. He's probably the most responsive doctor I've ever worked with and gave us a good plan to follow. I hope to work with him again if we use IVF for our second child. I have to keep typing because FertilityIQ requires my response to be at least 200 characters. :/
Be proactive in your fertility journey. Research the options you have and ask for tests if you think you might need them. This advice relates to the fertility journey in general.
Dan was willing to meet with me on my proactive fertility journey. I hadn't been diagnosed with infertility, but because of my age I went straight to IVF. I appreciate that Dan was open to me taking this path and he was great at talking through everything with my husband and me, even though it took us many months to take the next step in the journey.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is well run and is fairly similar to other large clinics that I've been to on the west coast. The only thing I wish they did differently is I wish their PGS testing center classified PGS-tested embryos as mosaic. Right now, they only classify them as normal or abnormal, and CRM won't transfer abnormally classified embryos. Most clinics follow the same approach for abnormals, but I wish they would go with a testing center that could tell if the abnormals were really mosaics.
Dan recommended a single embryo transfer and after seeing the data, I agreed that it was the best option.
Minneapolis
We started with Letrozole/Clomid [with Dr. Lebovic], then moved to injectables. We ultimately chose to go with IVF which was a strenuous process but so worth it...IVF was a little added work/process but gave us better odds which is what we wanted - and now we are expecting after IVF and a frozen transfer!...was very diligent about providing us with reading material and resources on reasons for transferring one vs. two, but in the end, he respected our decision to transfer 2...did a great job of individualizing our plan of care. He made us feel like he wanted us to get pregnant just as badly as we wanted to.
Our primary nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], Dana was unbelievably caring and was a great advocate for us and our care at the clinic...the clinic provided a financial advisor at the clinic to assist in the process...has great hours (weekends as well), easy communication for scheduling and communicating with nurses over the phone, and is a very nice, pleasant environment. The one thing I will say is I wish I would have had the majority of my interactions with 1 nurse. Have a new nurse every visit inhibits continuity of care. Each nurse has to "learn" about you and what your current plan is and where you are at in your current treatment cycle. I think the care provided would be much smoother and make the patient feel more comfortable and confident in their plan of care and treatment.
Dr. Lebovic is a very kind, caring and intelligent doctor. We felt very confident in his plans throughout our time working with him. He was very quick to respond when questions were asked. We knew that he would be able to help us get pregnant, and he did!
Just make sure to be an advocate for yourself. There are a lot of patients at this clinic and at times the clinic seemed too busy to handle certain needs of ours which was frustrating at times. But with open communication and advocating for yourself as a patient, Dr. Lebovic and the clinic responded very well to our needs and desires.
I felt like a human as Dr. Lebovic did a great job of individualizing our plan of care. He made us feel like he wanted us to get pregnant just as badly as we wanted to.
We started with Letrozole/Clomid, then moved to injectables. We ultimately chose to go with IVF which was a strenuous process but so worth it. The medications and injectables was a lot of work for 15-20% success rates monthly. IVF was a little added work/process but gave us better odds which is what we wanted - and now we are expecting after IVF and a frozen transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Our primary nurse, Dana was unbelievably caring and was a great advocate for us and our care at the clinic. The other nursing staff was spotty at times - most were extremely nice and caring and informative while others were not as friendly and not as forthcoming with information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has great hours (weekends as well), easy communication for scheduling and communicating with nurses over the phone, and is a very nice, pleasant environment. The one thing I will say is I wish I would have had the majority of my interactions with 1 nurse. Have a new nurse every visit inhibits continuity of care. Each nurse has to "learn" about you and what your current plan is and where you are at in your current treatment cycle. I think the care provided would be much smoother and make the patient feel more comfortable and confident in their plan of care and treatment.
A lot of the medications and injections were covered by insurance. IVF and transferring was not covered by insurance but the clinic provided a financial advisor at the clinic to assist in the process.
We ultimately chose to transfer 2 embryos. Dr. Lebovic was very diligent about providing us with reading material and resources on reasons for transferring one vs. two, but in the end, he respected our decision to transfer 2.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Just some poor communication when protocols needed to change - i.e. we were told we were having a fresh transfer after egg retrieval, then 1 day after the retrieval we were told we were going to have to wait a few months for a frozen transfer due to OHSS risk. In the end, I know it was the best plan, just wish it would have been better communicated that the fresh transfer may not be able to happen as planned depending on how many eggs are retrieved and my risk for OHSS.
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic was very honest in my meetings with him, he was understanding and polite without sugar-coating anything. I only met with Dr. Lebovic for my consultation, all other visits have been done with nursing staff (including IUIs) so I feel like he is not quite as available for questions or concerns as I would like him to be (but I could also just be overly needy!).
Strength: I feel the clinic [Center for Repro Med of MN] staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
Don't expect him to be present at all visits or for all procedures.
Dr. Lebovic was very polite and listened to all of my concerns. I do feel like my initial consultation was quicker than I expected, which is also the only time I have been face-to-face with Dr. Lebovic. All other appointments and procedures have been with nursing staff.
My first IUI was done with 7.5 mg letrozole days 3-7. This was the same dosage I had been on previous cycles with my OBGYN and seemed to produce 1-2 dominant follicles each cycle, so we continued this dosage. I ovulate early, so I had my follicle check on day 10 with 2 follicles and triggered that night with Ovidrel 250 mcg. I had my IUI on day 12, though I feel that I ovulated too early. This cycle was unsuccessful. For my second IUI cycle, all medications and dosages were kept the same. Follicle check done on day 10, triggered on day 11 and IUI done on day 13. Currently in the waiting period to find out if we had success.
Most of my face-to-face time at the clinic has been done with the nursing staff. All of the nurses I have worked with have been very knowledgeable and friendly. They are always able to answer my questions and are compassionate about my situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strength: I feel the clinic staff (reception staff, nurses, and doctors) are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. The clinic itself is very calm and tranquil, which is helpful when the reason for being at the clinic can be stressful. Weaknesses: Cost can be prohibitively expensive. I have no insurance coverage for IVF, so if our IUIs are unsuccessful I have chosen to use an IVF clinic out of state because the cost is so much cheaper than this clinic.
IUI is covered under my insurance, but only up to $5000. After my first IUI, I had $3000 left which means I can only have 2.5 cycles covered by my insurance. For IVF, out of pocket cost was quoted as approximately $23,000 per cycle.
Minneapolis

Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment...was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care...We did the Affirm program to pay for IVF. Highly recommend. I believe that is around 26000 for a live birth...Strength is Lebovic and the other doctors we encountered for procedures. The Weakness is some of the nurses and ultrasound techs that could work on their bed side manner. Especially during such a stressful and challenging time, a rude nurse can hurt more than it might otherwise.
Lebovic was timely with after hours phone calls and emails. His gentle manner helped ease our anxiety on several occasions. He consistently did a good job explaining treatments and what to expect. His understanding of the stress physically and mentally was especially appreciated during this long and stressful process.
Trust the process. Trust Lebovic. Reach out to him when you need support. Sometimes just hearing his words helped calm us down from the fear of infertility.
Lebovic did an amazing job responding to our emails and phone calls with questions. He is very gentle and seems to genuinely care about us. He also seemed understanding of the emotional turbulence that comes with treatment. At times, it felt like there were too many patients at the clinic because it took so long to schedule some of our appointments.
The nursing staff was very hit or miss. Some nurses gave excellent, detailed care. Other nurses were short and at times rude if we had extra questions regarding our care.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Lebovic was always nice to us when we communicate or consult with him...is a knowledgeable specialist and professional. If you are lokking for a cheerleader he many not be for you, but he knows what can be done for treatments and we feel very fortunate that we were under his care...We had 5 IUI and 1 IVF under the care of Dr. Lebovic. We had an unknown cause of infertility. We have our daughter from IUI previously before we met Dr. Lebovic, so we agreed to start with IUI to begin with.
I was not a big fan of the reception at the clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. I did not feel so welcome when I check-in every single time. After checking-in I had to wait outside the clinic/downstairs to get them ready for me because I had a company(my daughter)...They [nurses] were nice to talk and communicate in person...We had 5 IUI and 1 IVF under the care of Dr. Lebovic. We had an unknown cause of infertility. We have our daughter from IUI previously before we met Dr. Lebovic, so we agreed to start with IUI to begin with.
Dr. Lebovic is a knowledgeable specialist and professional. If you are lokking for a cheerleader he many not be for you, but he knows what can be done for treatments and we feel very fortunate that we were under his care.
Know what you want and your limitations(time, cost, etc), and ask him any question you have in your mind. He will do his best to answer you.
Dr. Lebovic was always nice to us when we communicate or consult with him.
They were nice to talk and communicate in person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I was not a big fan of the reception at the clinic. I did not feel so welcome when I check-in every single time. After checking-in I had to wait outside the clinic/downstairs to get them ready for me because I had a company(my daughter). It was not convenient for me, but I do not intend to complain about it. I totally understand that they have lots of other eyes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nothing specific to comment.
I would assume that it is around 20K with 5 IUI and 1 IVF.
Nothing to comment.
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] is very dry. Sometimes he forgets the patient is not an expert like him. He is easy to reach by email. He calls jmmediatley with test results. He is very research based and will provide recommendations to you based on how he would advise his loved ones.... Antagonist protocol 300 gonal f 150 menopur centrotide and a dual trigger with Lupron 80 units. Second cycle he added HGH.
You do not see the same person twice [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN- Minneapolis]. They have a quick in and out process. Billing is very non aggressive. Front desk staff are very friendly and private. All doctors are knowledgeable and informative. Parking is free!!... He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] was willing to do three embryos for a three day fresh transfer... Approx 10k-12 k for an IVF cycle with insurance coverage for monitoring. Additional 2200 for pgs testing.
He is very dry. Sometimes he forgets the patient is not an expert like him. He is easy to reach by email. He calls jmmediatley with test results. He is very research based and will provide recommendations to you based on how he would advise his loved ones.
Don't expect him to be very friendly. He is pretty down to business.
Protocol pretty standard and errors with it. However, he provided phone calls and emails as I needed to discuss.
Saw many of the same nurses. One nurse did most of my procedures and she was great. They were helpful with directions and calling to follow up.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
You do not see the same person twice. They have a quick in and out process. Billing is very non aggressive. Front desk staff are very friendly and private. All doctors are knowledgeable and informative. Parking is free!!
He was willing to do three embryos for a three day fresh transfer
Minneapolis

He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] walked us through each step, what needed to be done at each step such as taking the oral meds, injections and what the % of each working...was one of the most caring doctors I have ever met and worked with. He gave both myself and my husband the hope and reassurance to become a family. He was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I had even over the weekend...I was so nervous and scarred that I was never going to be able to have a baby and Dr Lebovic supported us and made us feel that this was going to happen for us! New Patient Advice
They [The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] have the IUI process down to a perfect science. everyone was so nice and did such a great job explaining everything step by step no weaknesses great supports and care. Nurses got back to me very fast...He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] walked us through each step, what needed to be done at each step such as taking the oral meds, injections and what the % of each working
The support and care we received from both Dr Lebovic was above and beyond anything we expected. Dr Lebovic was always quick to respond to my emails even over the weekend. I was so nervous and scarred that I was never going to be able to have a baby and Dr Lebovic supported us and made us feel that this was going to happen for us!
You will feel supported and get the best care. At my first appointment with Dr Lebovic I asked him if I was his daughter what would he say or do or the advice he would give his own daughter and he was 100% truthful when answering and said that is what he would tell his own daughter.
Dan Lebovic, MD was one of the most caring doctors I have ever met and worked with. He gave both myself and my husband the hope and reassurance to become a family. He was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I had even over the weekend.
He walked us through each step, what needed to be done at each step such as taking the oral meds, injections and what the % of each working
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They have the IUI process down to a perfect science. everyone was so nice and did such a great job explaining everything step by step no weaknesses great supports and care. Nurses got back to me very fast
only co-pays
Minneapolis

Besides the initial appointment [with Dr. Dan Lebovic] I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine....He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest...He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution...I would highly recommend and am confident he’ll get is pregnant...7.5mg letrozols days 3-7, ovidrel trigger after monitoring, bd after trigger, IUI.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota has] great hours, and communication. Expensive without insurance, but most fertility centers are. I do like that they are honest about the success chances as well as finances. I would recommend though...Everyone has been super nice and efficient...Besides the initial appointment [with Dr. Dan Lebovic] I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine....He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest...He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution...I would
Besides the initial appointment I’ve been with nurses for the others but that’s just fine. He was great with the iui in making me feel comfortable. My pharmacy delayed my prescription and he called me on the weekend 5 minutes after I called to calm me down and come up with a solution.
I would highly recommend and am confident he’ll get is pregnant.
He had reviewed all of my prior history, asked questions and was honest.
Everyone has been super nice and efficient
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nearby, great hours, and communication. Expensive without insurance, but most fertility centers are. I do like that they are honest about the success chances as well as finances. I would recommend though.
So far I have had insurance coverage
Na

2017 - 2019, Successful
He made himself available via email and never made me feel bad if I reached out to him. He made me feel important and on this journey, you need someone like that because it is extremely taxing on your soul. ... Dr. Lebovic is a very kind and gentle soul. He is very honest and doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, instead he is a straight shooter but he has a way of doing so that is compassionate and empathetic.
They [CRM of MN] need to focus more on the patient and their experience. More hand holding...checking on the patient ....educating the patient on every step and what to expect. Don’t just assume we know. ... I dealt with several nurses throughout my journey. Some great but others not so great. ... I didn’t feel important. ... There were times I was so sad and confused and had no clue what was happening at all the ultrasounds leading up to the egg retrieval, and the nurses just treated you like cattle herding. Just another one girl and keep them moving.
Dr. Lebovic is a very kind and gentle soul. He is very honest and doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, instead he is a straight shooter but he has a way of doing so that is compassionate and empathetic. He is different from other physicians in the regard that he makes himself available to his patients via email. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me on my journey with IVF. There were many times I had a question and didn’t think I should have to spend $100 for a meeting to ask one question since I was already spending thousands and thousands on the ivf process. He made himself available via email and never made me feel bad if I reached out to him. He made me feel important and on this journey, you need someone like that because it is extremely taxing on your soul.
Be prepared to go through a lot but know that you will have an honest doctor that will tell you the truth and support you all the way.
Dr.Lebovic made me feel important no matter what time of day it was and no question was ever silly or bothersome to him. I could email him with concerns or questions and within 15 minutes he would respond to me. I felt secure knowing he was my doctor.
I dealt with several nurses throughout my journey. Some great but others not so great. There were times I was so sad and confused and had no clue what was happening at all the ultrasounds leading up to the egg retrieval, and the nurses just treated you like cattle herding. Just another one girl and keep them moving. I didn’t feel important. As a new person to IVF, I had no clue what to expect but I certainly didn’t feel like a special patient going through one of the hardest things ever in life and spending thousands of dollars.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They need to focus more on the patient and their experience. More hand holding...checking on the patient ....educating the patient on every step and what to expect. Don’t just assume we know. Don’t be afraid to stop the nurse and ask questions. They owe you the time and curtesy of making sure you feel secure about your choice.
We spent over $50k. 2 IUI, 2 egg retrieval with 1 viable transfer, 2 blast through Cryos and 1 transfer.
He was very honest with me about transfering only one. He said it would not be a good idea health wise but also it really would not increase my chances of success but rather increase my chances of multiples. And that would not be healthy for me at 40 years old
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
While he [Dr. Lebovic] is quiet, he is very caring and willing to go the extra mile...was cautious and sent good information to support his stance on single embryo transfer. In our last frozen cycle, after a few unsuccessful cycles, we did transfer 2 - and we are currently pregnant with twins... was always willing to answer questions or address concerns, quickly responded to emails and was genuinely caring...
We elected to go with the Attain program [with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] and so glad we did. It was well worth it.With this program, you have the opportunity to go through 3 fresh and up to 3 frozen cycles. I believe the cost was around $26,000 or so. Medication costs are in addition to. Fresh cycle medication costs typically ended up around $5,500 - $6,000. Frozen cycle cost for meds was minimal
Dr. Lebovic showed care and compassion during some very challenging cycles. When we experienced a rare condition early on with one of our pregnancies, he helped get us the information we needed to better understand what was happening.
While he is quiet, he is very caring and willing to go the extra mile
Dr. Lebovic was always willing to answer questions or address concerns, quickly responded to emails and was genuinely caring.
We were on an antagonist protocol for all of our fresh IVF cycles. Standard protocol was starting with birth control day 3 of cycle (typically on for 15-18 days) and then once medications cycle began 2 vials of menopur in AM + Gonal F or Follistem in evening (300). Results varied by cycle. Our most successful cycle was when we added in ICSI after retrieval. Frozen cycle protocol was Estrace, followed by Progestrone once the lining was ready. Earlier frozen transfer used to be suppositories, but now standard protocol is Progesterone in Oil
Friendly and compassionate. Most seemed very knowledgeable. Returned calls within reasonable timeframe
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths: Appointments were easy to schedule, wait times were not horrible relatively speaking. Nice to often have the same lab tech, same few ultrasound tech/nurses. Weaknesses: Navigating the medicines can be challenging for someone who is new to the process; having better information on what pharmacies offer best rates, convenience, etc. would be really nice
We elected to go with the Attain program and so glad we did. It was well worth it.With this program, you have the opportunity to go through 3 fresh and up to 3 frozen cycles. I believe the cost was around $26,000 or so. Medication costs are in addition to. Fresh cycle medication costs typically ended up around $5,500 - $6,000. Frozen cycle cost for meds was minimal
Dr. Lebovic was cautious and sent good information to support his stance on single embryo transfer. In our last frozen cycle, after a few unsuccessful cycles, we did transfer 2 - and we are currently pregnant with twins.
Their was conflicting information regarding a situation; it was resolved quickly. I think it was a matter of internal miscommunication
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic seems distant and scientific at first, but he just wants to make sure we understand all prospects and options before going further. He is really warm and caring during treatments and is very knowledgeable about fertility treatments, which can vary so much from cycle to cycle...I saw dr. Lebovic for over 1.5 years starting with diagnosis and traveling through all options which eventually lead to IVF. I always felt like dr. Lebovic reviewed my actual numbers and results from each cycle, then adjusted the treatment plan based on my progress and how my body was responding. I never felt like he gave a generic treatment plan, rather, we always felt like our care was personalized.
The phones weren’t answered when I would call [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], just long recorded messages. The staff stopped making calls by 3:30pm, turned off phones for a lunch hour, and overall it was a hastle to make contact over the phone...Over our time at the clinic we did many different treatments. The prices varied, but nothing was a surprise. We sat down with their insurance ladies before each treatment and got the cost breakdown prior to payment.
Dr. Lebovic is very matter of fact, he knows the science and statistics of each option we talked about. He was very flexible with our treatment, always considering the numbers and progress of my cycle instead of just providing us with a blanketed generic treatment. Dr. Lebovic was great at replying to questions and emailing us with answers to any type of question we had, no matter the time of day. He worked with us for over a year and a half, and I truly feel like we had a successful pregnancy because of his attention and care.
Dr. Lebovic always greeted us with warmth and care. He knew our situation really well and always reached out to us about our appointments even when we didn’t need to see him.
Nurses always took the time to fully explain results and next steps. They listened to questions and worries very respectfully. However, there were multiple appointments where I had to remind the nurses of our situation. I didn’t feel like they reviewed my account before meeting.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very clean and well organized. The rooms were comfortable and sterilized. The desk staff were very short and rude 95% of the time, they treated me as if I didn’t know anything. The lab technicians, HR staff and insurance staff were all very helpful and friendly.
Dr. Lebovic preferred that we only transfer a single embryo when doing FET for multiple reasons.
It was very challenging to get ahold of the clinic to schedule appointments, ask questions, or return calls. I have a job where I cannot wait by the phone, and would often have to call back after a voicemail was left. The phones weren’t answered when I would call, just long recorded messages. The staff stopped making calls by 3:30pm, turned off phones for a lunch hour, and overall it was a hastle to make contact over the phone. The ladies at the front desk were also very rude. They weren’t quiet about personal appointments or information. They made patients wait so they could finish their own personal conversations and their go to behavior was to be rude to patients. Not a good environment to greet such a great and hard working clinic.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Lebovic explained everything in detail . I knew what was going to happen at all times . ... I knew from the very first visit what my chances were getting pregnant with my own eggs . Even though it was hard to hear I appreciated that he told us our percent of conception using my egg vs a donor egg . I did have some set backs but, he took a hold of the situation and was so kind and understanding and very supportive
CRM is clean , friendly staff, Professional . I had a wonderful experience with all staff . ... The support and care I got from all of the nurses was OUTSTANDING ! They all were kind , compassionate and just a call away if I needed anything . ... Dori, DeNae and Jill are AMAZING !!!! I was so comfortable to call with any questions and they always called back the same day . ...
Dr Dan Lebovic is caring compassionate and understanding. I knew from the very first visit what my chances were getting pregnant with my own eggs . Even though it was hard to hear I appreciated that he told us our percent of conception using my egg vs a donor egg . I did have some set backs but, he took a hold of the situation and was so kind and understanding and very supportive . I could not have made it though this process without him !
You can trust his judgment. He has your best interest and will help you to have a baby if it's possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dori , DeNae and Jill )
Dori, DeNae and Jill are AMAZING !!!! I was so comfortable to call with any questions and they always called back the same day . The support and care I got from all of the nurses was OUTSTANDING ! They all were kind , compassionate and just a call away if I needed anything .
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is clean , friendly staff, Professional . I had a wonderful experience with all staff . Dr dan lebovic and the nurses Dori, DeNae and Jill were great ! I really don't have anything negative to say about CRM .
We knew that we were transferring two embryos .
Minneapolis
Dr. Lebovic gave us the odds, the options, and all the positives and negatives from the beginning. He was staright forward, answered my emails right away and his treatment plan got us pregnant on the first attempt... We use femara, decay,amd one other additional medication to help me ovulate. Then specifically timed intercourse... Dr. Lebovic spend a good amount of time upon meeting us to ask questions about my history, our previous attempts at a child and overall history. He joked with us, made us feel comfortable and gave us plenty of time to ask questions. I never felt like any question was stupid
[CCRM of MN] Feels very warm and welcoming. Each patients treatment is very private and you have no idea what other couplesthere are doing do to how well they keep treatments private. They validate your parking and the rooms that are appropriate to have windows in are big and bright.... They took so much additional time to make sure I knew exactly when to take specific pills and answered all my questions
Dont feel bad about emailing him late at night. He never seemed to mind and was always quick to respond
Minneapolis

I only saw Dr. Lebovic once during my whole time at CRM and that was the initial appointment -which felt very rushed and rehearsed/scripted/same things told to everyone. I saw different doctors for each procedure but I never had him for anything even though he was my "doctor."...He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns...Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics...I know that CRM is a busy clinic but I never felt like I talked to the same person hardly ever. I never got to know any of the doctors or nurses as I talked to/saw someone different every time. Kind of a move em in-ship 'em out feeling.
He is very blunt and to the point with questions and concerns.
All of the nurses that I talked to worked with were nice, I just wish I was assigned one vs speaking with multiple nurses about everything. I never got the same one.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think the hard thing going into IVF is your expectations vs what happens. I have a couple friends who went through IVF and then just being in IVF groups you see how other clinics do things. I wish that I didn't have to leave a message every time I had a question and *hope* for a call back the same day. Most of the time it was the next day and I never got the same person. I know some are assigned one, they can email questions, etc at other clinics.
I believe I paid around 21,000 when all was said and done.
We were told we could only transfer one the entire time we were going through our process and then on transfer day they said we could do two if we wanted.
Just wish there was more open communication with nurses/doctors, etc at this clinic. I also wish I had more compassion from them when I had my miscarriage. You spend $$$$ and then to go through a miscarriage and be brushed off is hard and it hurts. I felt like they wanted to rush into my next transfer right away.
Minneapolis

You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine]. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best.
Dr. Lebovic is obviously intelligent and takes a very evidence-based approach to treatment. He is a fine choice for standardized care if you are a straightforward case. If not, however, you may find yourself frustrated as there is limited openness to tweaking protocols, adding supplements, etc. Dr. Lebovic tries to connect and is very responsive (called/emailed immediately with test results and to answer questions) but his bedside manner is lacking in warmth. I'm not typically one that needs a lot of warmth, in fact I am sometimes irritated by it! But his was just such an anxious, cold presentation that it made me uncomfortable and added to the stress of it all. Infertility treatment is stressful enough, do yourself a favor and only choose to work with a provider that you feel good about!
Give him a shot, perhaps your personalities will jive better than mine did with him. Be prepared to ask a lot of direct questions and receive very brief answers. Don't hesitate to reach out to him for guidance as needed as he is happy to help.
Dr. Lebovic does his best to be a clear communicator and to be responsive. The problem is just that there is no sense of warmth. He is neutral in every way one can imagine. Flat affect, flat intonation, provides limited opinions and observations, etc. We could tell he was trying but it was just all very cold.
Birth control leading into things. Antagonist protocol (ganirelix) + 300IU Follistim + 150IU Menopur. Ovidrel trigger. The rationale for using this protocol was never explained to me.
You are not assigned an individual nurse here and this is a large clinic. This means that every time you go in you are dealing with a new person. When things come up there is no easy access point. You can call the nurse line but you will consistently be directed to the voicemail system and can expect to wait all day for a call back. When you do get a call you should be prepared for the nurse to be entirely unfamiliar with your case and to have 'skimmed' your voicemail at best. I had mutliple experiences where the nurses called back and provided inaccurate information about my case which instills very little confidence. When I lost a pregnancy it was very difficult to reach anyone for help about what to do and when I finally did the contact was neutral at best.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This clinic is a factory. There are quite a few doctors, a lot of nurses, and many, many patients. This means that it is very unlikely that you will see your identified provider after the initial consult or that you will notice many familiar faces at your appointments. On egg retrieval and transfer days you could have any provider in the practice assigned to you and, be warned, they do not all have superb bedside manner. This results in unecessary stress on very important days. This is also a clinic that schedules cycles quite far out (2+months after consult) and seems to run patients in 'batches' meaning that they may have you on birth control for months to sync up your cycle with their schedule.
The actual cycle was about $14,000. Meds were probably another $3000.
Prefers eSET but open to multiple embryo transfer when appropriate.
Failed to receive test results until I reached out to them. Received conflicting information from the nurses and my doctor.
Minneapolis

You can tell Dr. Lebovic is busy because his responses are generally short in emails but he is very responsive. He always responds to my messages within about 15 minutes of me sending which is impressive. When I got OHSS he checked in with me daily for weeks and always asked how I was doing.... The only thing I would mention that has been mildly frustrating is that he has a somewhat conflicting viewpoint on our diagnosis as my 2 of my other OBs.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of Minnesota] overall is great. The only thing I don't like is the nurseline. You are unable to get a nurse on the phone and have to leave a message and have them call you back. When they call you back (usually hours later or even the next day depending on when you call) and if you miss the call, you have to call in again and leave a message all over again and wait again for a call back many hours later. This phone tag format is stressful for IVF and infertility.
He is very responsive to email and always answers questions right away and directly. He is quiet and patient and seems to really care.During consults you don't feel rushed and he makes sure that you have time to ask all the questions you have. When I had complications with my retrieval after hyper stimulating he checked in with me daily asking how I was doing and was always available to talk to me or the hospital. I've been really happy working with him. The only thing I would mention that has been mildly frustrating is that he has a somewhat conflicting viewpoint on our diagnosis as my 2 of my other OBs. We are diagnosed as Unexplained Infertility but Dr. Lebovic seems to think I might also have very mild PCOS despite the fact that I do not meet the diagnosis requirements for PCOS. I personally don't think I have PCOS and neither do 2 different doctors I've seen. This hasn't gotten in the way of my treatment to my knowledge because the protocol would remain the same but it has been frustrating at times being my own advocate making sure we are on the right path.
If you are looking for a cheerleader, moral support type doctor he is probably not a good fit for your needs. But if you want someone who gets to the point, is very responsive, and clearly cares about you and your well being he will be a great fit.
You can tell Dr. Lebovic is busy because his responses are generally short in emails but he is very responsive. He always responds to my messages within about 15 minutes of me sending which is impressive. When I got OHSS he checked in with me daily for weeks and always asked how I was doing. He is calm and doesn't make you feel rushed when you are asking questions about treatment.
For all 6 IUIs: - Protocol remained the same because I was appropriately responsive - 2.5 mg letrozole days 3-7 and HCG trigger. Resulted in 2 mature follicles each time. For IVF: resulted in 33 eggs retreived and 7 blastocycts - Birth control as a down regulation - Stimulation was 75 IU Menopur and 150 Gonal - F (Gonal - F dosage went down to 75 after first ultrasound because I was very responsive) - Ganirelix once follicles were getting mature - Trigger was dual Lupron and HCG to prevent OHSS - Was also given cabergoline to help prevent OHSS * I only did 8 days of stims before triggering because I was so responsive and I still got OHSS Frozen Embryo Transfer: Still in progress - birth control for down regulation - Estrace pills and baby aspirin - Progesterone suppositories
CRM uses a team of multiple nurses so you do not have one specifically assigned. All have been very helpful, knowledgeable, and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic overall is great. The only thing I don't like is the nurseline. You are unable to get a nurse on the phone and have to leave a message and have them call you back. When they call you back (usually hours later or even the next day depending on when you call) and if you miss the call, you have to call in again and leave a message all over again and wait again for a call back many hours later. This phone tag format is stressful for IVF and infertility. Otherwise the clinic is great. The scheduling staff is good, you can always get someone (besides nurses) on the phone. The financial coordinator Stephanie is very helpful and will go out of her way to help you troubleshoot any issues. The nurses are great. The office is clean and generally you don't have to wait too long in the waiting room.
$10,000 single cycle IVF without PGS not including medication or monitoring which is billed separately. Without insurance each ultrasound for monitoring is around $500.
Dr. Lebovic feels we should do 1 embryo at a time based on our age and the fact this is our first IVF cycle. We agree with his advice.
Minneapolis

Dr. Lebovic is extremely kind, compassionate and takes the time to answer our questions. He never seems to be rushing from one patient to another....He explains things thoroughly and makes appointments long enough to answer questions. He is very kind and easy to talk to. He has goes over all costs and options and recommended every possible infertility test before going forward...Our infertility is male factor. My husband was originally prescribed Clomid from his urologist
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med of MN] is very clean and modern. They are very good about dealing with insurance and knowing costs (something which most doctors don’t seem to know well). They seem to do scheduling well. The clinic doesn’t seem overcrowded and the staff do not seem overworked. They have coffee, tea, and water in the waiting area. They are very considerate of their patients emotional needs....They are very kind and compassionate. None of them are in a hurry and all of them take time to answer our questions.
He explains things thoroughly and makes appointments long enough to answer questions. He is very kind and easy to talk to. He has goes over all costs and options and recommended every possible infertility test before going forward because any testing was covered under our insurance. He was very clear about costs.
Do research and come up with lots of questions because he has lots of answers. :)
Dr. Lebovic is extremely kind, compassionate and takes the time to answer our questions. He never seems to be rushing from one patient to another. The nurses in his office have also been extremely kind and compassionate.
Our infertility is male factor. My husband was originally prescribed Clomid from his urologist (he has one kidney so sees a urologist biannually). Dr. Lebovic had us continue treatment for a couple of months, did a full blood screening and ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries, and had us see a genetic counselor. The genetic counselor was extremely knowledgeable. My husband was born with prune belly syndrome and we left knowing so much more about it and our odds (or lack of odds) of passing it on.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very clean and modern. They are very good about dealing with insurance and knowing costs (something which most doctors don’t seem to know well). They seem to do scheduling well. The clinic doesn’t seem overcrowded and the staff do not seem overworked. They have coffee, tea, and water in the waiting area. They are very considerate of their patients emotional needs.
So far, we have only done diagnostic testing, and we have maybe paid $50 total for that, it was covered by insurance. Insurance also covers clomid, which we are using, we have a low copay for that. Any further treatment is not covered and will likely cost between $3000 and $26,000 which seems normal/average.
Minneapolis

The nursing staff at CRM Minneapolis are wonderful. I haven't had a bad interaction with any of them. They are very good at what they do, and show a lot of care toward their patients.... CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic and they have the capacity to treat a lot of patients. The clinic is run very smoothly, and they seem to provide very good care. From what I understand they also have a great embryology lab, which is important. The only minor downside is that you can sometimes feel like a number - doctors don't have a lot of time as they are spread out. I don't think this leads to worse care - just something to keep in mind.
Dr. Lebovic is clearly a highly trained doctor, knows the science, and cares about his patients and the outcomes everyone is trying to achieve. There have been a few times where I felt Dr. Lebovic wasn't up to speed on communications I had had with nursing staff or certain things that had been changed/ordered - it felt as if he hadn't read my files before talking to me and was proceeding with certain things before confirming with me. I think he just needs to take a little more time with patients. It can be a bit unnerving when you have to remind your doctor about certain things.
Be very clear about what you want and don't be afraid to speak up/advocate for yourself.
CRM Minneapolis is a large clinic. My sense is they provide high quality fertility/infertility care. Because there are so many patients it's natural that doctor's and staff have limited time with patients.
Antagonist retrieval protocol: estradiol, Menopur, GonalF, Cetrotide, Ovidrel (trigger shot)
~$25,000 for one retrieval cycle and one transfer
Dr. Lebovic leans toward eSET but is open to transferring 2 embryos depending on a patient's situation.
Minneapolis

Dr Lebovic is great to work with. He contacted me in the wee hours of the morning when I was having symptoms of OHSS. He responded to an email on the weekend when I had found out I was having a miscarriage. He then reached out to me without prompting with ideas for the next cycle as he knew we were going to try again.... Dr Lebovic sincerely cares about his patients. He is available after hours and weekends and he directly contacts you back with results, good or bad.
Great clinic [Center for Reproductive Med of MN], very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.... They were all great to work with. It seemed you worked with the same team of nurses for all your appointments. When I did get a positive ultrasound confirmation they all said see you in two years. I think that was due to us having embryos left. We did not plan on having more than one child, but it wasn't a big deal. I did miscarry so we will be seeing them asap.
Ask anything at any time.
Egg retrieval included many medications, shots and otherwise. FET transfer was estradiol and endometrin along with baby aspirin. Protocol will be changing to PIO for the next FET.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Great clinic, very compassionate and sensitive. They do have a sign that says no children allowed due to the sensitive nature, but on two appointments there were children in the office. Parking can be tight, but they do give you tokens for their ramp.
The costs varied based on treatment and insurance coverage. They are very upfront and state all costs before you start and it is on the website.
He strongly suggested in my case we transfer one and gave pros and cons for both.
Minneapolis
He [Dr. Lebovic] responds to any questions I have almost immediately and makes sure he’s thorough with his explanation and next steps....He’s been very responsive to questions I have which has been a huge help! He makes sure to adjust my treatments as needed after blood work. I did think we’d see him more during this process but understand the nurses roles and what they’re able to help us with!... Dr Lebovic changed up my prescription amounts after our first IUI after seeing how my body reacted to the medications.
The clinic [Ctr for Repro Med] has been helpful through this process with booking appointments and helping with the financial portion - letting us know what is owed at what time (mainly the up front cost). I do wish they could help more with insurance/medications, etc as that’s been a frustrating part....We don’t have a nurse assigned to us (and perhaps that would be easier so they know everything going on versus just nursing notes) but they’ve all been very knowledgeable and helpful.
I’d recommend going to him - he’s very knowledgeable and responsive!
He responds to any questions I have almost immediately and makes sure he’s thorough with his explanation and next steps.
We did 3 IUI treatments in hopes it would work before turning to IVF. Dr Lebovic changed up my prescription amounts after our first IUI after seeing how my body reacted to the medications. This helped my body produce more eggs but unfortunately with such a small success rate, we were not part of that. Also, once I started IVF and he viewed my blood read, he adjusted my follistim to a small dosage due to my E2.
They’ve been wonderful throughout this process. We don’t have a nurse assigned to us (and perhaps that would be easier so they know everything going on versus just nursing notes) but they’ve all been very knowledgeable and helpful. I’ve called the nurse line multiple times throughout this process and they’ve been so great at getting back to me and making me feel at ease!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has been helpful through this process with booking appointments and helping with the financial portion - letting us know what is owed at what time (mainly the up front cost). I do wish they could help more with insurance/medications, etc as that’s been a frustrating part. It was great the nurse gave us a heads up on the medications and to check with insurance but it’s been a complicated process (financial and insurance wise).
We are still in the process of IVF and we are doing genetic testing but I believe the cost will be around $22K including our medications.