Strongly recommend: 50%Don't recommend: 50%5

6565 France Avenue South, Suite 300
Edina, MN 55435
952.927.4045

1 patient review filtered by:

After having 3 miscarriages, I met with Dr. Chow. Another doctor in the practice had ordered fertility testing. My AMH came back at .4. Dr Chow said he wasn't familiar with AMH... this lack of awareness of a key fertility indicator was alarming.... Dr. Chow did surgery for my uterine scarring, but despite low AMH and thin lining, his "treatment plan" was to continue natural cycles.... He told me my recurrent miscarriages were "bad luck" and we should "keep trying."
The clinic itself [Diamond Women's Center] was good, however the two doctors I originally saw, both of whom seemed to be current on infertility-related research and treatment, have left the practice. I find it concerning that both doctors with seemingly up to date knowledge are no longer there, and the doctor who is listed as the infertility specialist was unfamiliar with relevant concepts and unwilling to take and read an article from a top-tier, peer-reviewed medical journal.
How was your experience with Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
After having 3 miscarriages, I met with Dr. Chow. Another doctor in the practice had ordered fertility testing. My AMH came back at .4. Dr Chow said he wasn't familiar with AMH, and it was "in range." As a 36 year old, an AMH of .4 is extremely low, and this lack of awareness of a key fertility indicator was alarming. Further, Dr. Chow said that my endometrial lining, which had been less than 5mm in thickness at ovulation, was unrelated to my recurrent losses, that lining thickness had no bearing on pregnancy, and that anything he might do to improve my lining would delay ovulation. He told me my recurrent miscarriages were "bad luck" and we should "keep trying." His office failed to order one of the newer tests for recurrent pregnancy loss. Overall, the lack of insight into DOR and lining issues was concerning, as was the idea that 3 back-to-back miscarriages were 'bad luck.' Research doesn't support any of that, and Dr Chow refused to look at a journal article I had brought on lining issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
I suspect he's a great doctor if your issues fit with his medical knowledge, but he doesn't appear to keep current or be interested in learning about infertility related issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
Dr. Chow called on a weekend prior to surgery to answer questions and made extra effort to get me in for followup earlier than anticipated.
Describe the protocols Daniel Chow used in your cycles at Diamond Women's Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Chow did surgery for my uterine scarring, but despite low AMH and thin lining, his "treatment plan" was to continue natural cycles. (I have since had two more miscarriages with natural cycles and two pregnancies from treatment cycles with another provider, where treatment focused on my lining.)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Diamond Women's Center.
Very caring and helpful. Very responsive.
Describe your experience with Diamond Women's Center.
The clinic itself was good, however the two doctors I originally saw, both of whom seemed to be current on infertility-related research and treatment, have left the practice. I find it concerning that both doctors with seemingly up to date knowledge are no longer there, and the doctor who is listed as the infertility specialist was unfamiliar with relevant concepts and unwilling to take and read an article from a top-tier, peer-reviewed medical journal.
Daniel Chow