IVF Florida

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Louisville
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Christie to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Christie is kind, respectful and honest. He tells us the good and bad in a very nurturing manner. He is a very sweet man and we have all our faith tha8t he is doing everything he can to help us have a baby...Dr. Christie is extremely professional. He has always made himself available to us to answer questions or concerns. He is very knowledge and recommend a different procedure in our last cycle that allowed us to have 8 more embryos to complete PGS testing on.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Dr. Christie is extremely professional. He has always made himself available to us to answer questions or concerns. He is very knowledge and recommend a different procedure in our last cycle that allowed us to have 8 more embryos to complete PGS testing on. One of which is now our little popsicle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Don't keep wasting time. Go see Dr. Christie or any of this partners at IVF Florida. They are amazing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Describe the protocols Daniel Christie used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
In round 1, we went the "normal" way of fertilizing the eggs. On round 2 they were hand fertilized and we got 8 more embryos over the previous cycle (18 total). 8 in total made it to day 5 and after pgs one of those is now our popsicle. We couldn't be happier. We are now going to do an ERA to improve our chances of a successful transfer.
The entire staff is absolutely wonderful and so caring. Love them all.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Everyone at the clinic is absolutely wonderful. They are kind, patient and very thorough to ensure everything is correct and up to date. The use of the portal is an excellent and efficient way to receive results and communicate with the office and nurses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Christie at IVF Florida.
I purchased a 2 ivf cycle plan via Attain. I believe the cost was around $25k plus PGS testing $3k, medication $2k per round, and PGS testing was $3,600 per 8 embryos. ERA should be around $1k. In addition I have about $500 for anesthesiologist and another $2500 for the removal of a fibroid. I think that covers it.
Describe Daniel Christie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
They do not allow multiple transfers and I'm not sure about eSet (not interested)
Miami
Dr. Christie was very nice during our first meeting, but then I barely saw him. The nurses were asked to handle everything else. Even after repeated treatments didn't work I didn't hear anything from him. I had to call and insist on a meeting to come up with a new game plan. Only at that time, after my pressing and after many months of treatment, did he suggest making an adjustment to the protocol...it was also really frustrating because the Dr. was not very reachable.
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Don't go to IVF Florida. Period.
At IVF Florida I felt like everyone was having the exact same treatment plan regardless of their prognosis. I had several other friends going there as well and we compared notes and realized nothing was individualized. Worst of all, the practice kept insisting that I come back many days in a row to do the same procedures over and over again with no discernable improvements. Of course, they charged a lot of money for every visit.
At first we tried Clomed - absolutely no result. Then Femara - no luck there either. Then, only after my insisting, some injectable drugs to stimulate ovulation with Femara. However, the dosage was off and he didn't adjust it properly. After more combinations of oral and injectable drugs I finally ovulated (after about 5 months).
Some of the nurses were very nice and compassionate, but others treated us like just another object on a conveyor belt in a factory. They were very hesitant to give us any real information and told us the Dr. was the only one who could advise on certain matters. I get that this is for liability reasons, but it was also really frustrating because the Dr. was not very reachable. I also thought some of the nurses were trying to push us into having more expensive procedures (IVF) when it wasn't necessary.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Too big and corporate-like. They treat everyone in the same way - not individualized care.
The per visit costs were lower than other practices, but they made me come back for many unnecessary visits so the overall costs turned out to be a lot higher than other providers. The biggest cost, however, was the time I lost during many months of useless treatments.
Miami
Dr. Christie is a very generous and kind hearted being. He took his time to explain to you everything that was going on and always looked for a solution when a treatment wasn't working. You also felt his hurt along with you when a pregnancy wasn't successful. He is a very knowledgeable and positive doctor...Dr. Christie always reffered to me by my name which made me feel good that he remembered me...
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Dr. Christie is just amazing. The way he speaks makes you feel valued. Always ask questions! He has a great way of explaining in detailed and at your pace so you can fully understand with him every step of the way.
With my first 2 IUI cycles I took Letrzole which were not successful. With my 3rd IUI cycle I took Clomid and it wasn't successful. Finally, with my 4th IUI cycle we took injectables only (Follistim) and it resulted in a successful IUI and pregnancy with Triplets.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
At the beginning of treatment we had a disconnection in communication after it was addressed everything went great. Mostly all are very friendly and helpful as well as knowledgeable. Darlyng is truly amazing! Always remembered me by my first name and was very knowledgeable and attentive.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I think overall the clinic has done a good job. When I first started treatment they had yet to have the patient portal so it was a bit difficult to get in contact with a nurse. But after the patient portal the nursing team was very decent in responding. The portal is very useful and has all your results needed.
Since I do have insurance I had to pay my $2,500 deductible. After that with copays and medications I paid around 1,000.
Miami
He [Dr. Daniel Christie] was knowledgeable and explained everything thoroughly. If you had questions, he would call back within 24 hours. He didn't pretend to have all the answers which sometimes you don't after a failed cycle with good response, but I never felt like he gave up on me. He wanted me to get pregnant as much as I did.
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
He was knowledgeable and explained everything thoroughly. If you had questions, he would call back within 24 hours. He didn't pretend to have all the answers which sometimes you don't after a failed cycle with good response, but I never felt like he gave up on me. He wanted me to get pregnant as much as I did.
He always remembered me. He made sure to read up on my chart prior to each interaction. I could also feel his frustration along with mine when I wasn't getting pregnant.
Iui 1 - clomid 50mg, iui2 - clomid 100, iui3- clomid 100 and progesterone, iui 4-clomid, progesterone, gonal f, iui5-same as 4 Ivf 1- birth control cycle prior, gonal f, menopur, cetrotide, progesterone. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 day 3 transfers, none to freeze. Chemical pregnancy Ivf 2 - estrogen patches, all same injectibles as 1 but higher dosage. 12 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 2 day 3 transfers, none to freeze. 6 months pregnant with twins.
Some were more warm and fuzzy than others, but most remembered me. They let you know what was coming next and were supportive. Best experience I've ever had in a doctors office.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I'm someone who feels better knowing what to expect. All of the staff did a good job in keeping you informed of next steps. They were easily accessible. I never had issues with scheduling appointments or any of the financial aspects. Wait times were usually pretty good, except for weekends she only the margate office is open. As long as you know that you'll be waiting, it's fine. Just bring a good book,
I had no insurance coverage. Including medication, i spent almost 50,000
2013 - 2015
Dr. Christie was very thorough with our diagnosis and our plan of treatments. He always made sure that we were comfortable with each decision that was made. Always welcomed questions and answered them to best of his knowledge..After 5 attempts of IUI we moved on to IVF. Prior to treatment uterine polyps were found. Dr. Christie performed the surgery successfully. We moved forward with IVF using menopur and gonalF. We did this two times. Both resulting in negative with no embryos to freeze...Do not be afraid to ask questions. No matter how "silly" the question may be he will answer it without making you feel incompitent
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
At IVF Florida they are truly compassionate and understanding. They take the time to ask how you are doing. Once you have been going there for quite some time you youre on a first name basis and greeted with hugs and smiles.
We first tried IUI with Clomid. My response was OK but not as expected therefore he added booster shot, GonalF. The response was better however it resulted in a negative. We then proceeded to use only injectables for the IUI, i responded really well however it still resulted in a negative. After 5 attempts of IUI we moved on to IVF. Prior to treatment uterine polyps were found. Dr. Christie performed the surgery successfully. We moved forward with IVF using menopur and gonalF. We did this two times. Both resulting in negative with no embryos to freeze
The nursing staff were incredible and kind
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic is great. Like i mentioned previously you are treated more like a human than a number. My only complaint is their turn around time in following up on results and returning phonecalls.
When we did our IUIs the cost of the procedure, medication, and ultrasound ran about 2000.00 for each cycle. Our IVF cycles were paid by a package with Attain, that costs 22000.00
2010 - 2012
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
[Daniel Christie is an] excellent RE...He was accessible via email for detailed questions that arose outside appointments and he followed up with me via phone whenever something happened with my IVF cycles (I had several unfortunate pregnancy outcomes)...His general modus operandi is "less is more" I think in terms of telling you what he's thinking about your case, but he's very willing to make you privy to his views on your case if you want in depth analysis of things.
2010 - 2012
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Excellent RE. He was new to his practice (IVF FL) when I was a patient from 2010-2012 and super attentive despite the fact that it is a huge practice with several offices. He was accessible via email for detailed questions that arose outside appointments and he followed up with me via phone whenever something happened with my IVF cycles (I had several unfortunate pregnancy outcomes). He has a great sense of humor and in general kept my and my husband's spirits up through a long slog through infertility treatments over several years. Despite the fact that another RE got me pregnant with donor eggs later, we completely credit Dr. Christie with encouraging us through the long ordeal and ultimately keeping us believing in the process of trying to have a healthy live birth.
Ask lots of questions. His general modus operandi is "less is more" I think in terms of telling you what he's thinking about your case, but he's very willing to make you privy to his views on your case if you want in depth analysis of things. He's a fantastic doctor!
He was an excellent communicator and always went the extra mile to be in touch and be patient.
IUI with gonal F (failed attempt Dec. 2010), IVF antagonist protocol (successful attempt but chemical pregnancy, March 2011), FET of single blast (successful attempt but ectopic pregnancy, May 2011), IVF estrogen priming antagonist protocol (successful attempt but Trisomy 18 pregnancy, Dec. 2011)
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Meicy Alvarez)
I loved working with Meicy, Emily, and the other ladies in the Miami office (no longer open - Meicy is now at Pembroke Pines). In comparison to the staff I knew at the small office, I didn't love the communication with the 2 other offices, but I assume if I'd gone to one of those two as my primary location, the situation might have been different.
IUI - 500 to $1000. IVF - 3 cycle package for $21,500
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Christie] is a very humane physician. He takes the time and care to thoroughly explain to you the ivf process. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to go through fertility treatment. ...Unfortunately, at 21 weeks I lost the baby. He was very caring and took the time to show his condolences and give us hope for a successful pregnancy in the future...He is a very humane physician. He takes the time and care to thoroughly explain to you the ivf process. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to go through fertility treatment. We were able to get pregnant through our first transfer. Unfortunately, at 21 weeks I lost the baby. He was very caring and took the time to show his condolences and give us hope for a successful pregnancy in the future.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Ask a lot of questions, because he will take the time to answer them all. He is very attentive.
He is very kind and thorough in explaining the ivf process. He takes his time to sit and talk to you and shows genuine interest in your care
He put me on Lupron since I could not be on BCP since I could be prone to blood clots.
The nursing staff took time to explain the ivf process as well. Unfortunately, I was not assigned to particular nurse, however, I really cannot complain about their work. They took the time to answer all questions
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I really like the clinic. They do take the time to explain the ivf process. My only concern may be understaffing. You typically have to leave an email or voicemail message whenever you have a question. However, they are typically responsive within the same day.
I was able to get a loan through Attain for 2 ivf cycles with unlimited transfers. I had to pay medication and OR costs on my own.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Christie was kind and compassionate and really took the time to listen to my opinions and questions and was there every step of the way....Dr. C was kind, compassionate and I had a great experience with him. mI did two rounds initially and was successful on the second round. I went back to have another baby and he was very honest about my small chances for success but still was willing to work with me.... he used max doses but always expected me to respond by day 9.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
Dr. C was kind, compassionate and I had a great experience with him. mI did two rounds initially and was successful on the second round. I went back to have another baby and he was very honest about my small chances for success but still was willing to work with me. Unfortunately those other attempts were not successful.
Be prepared with questions-he is open minded and will work with you.
I am a slow responder so he used max doses but always expected me to respond by day 9. I primed with estrogen patches-not birth control pills as the one cycle that I primed with BC pills seemed to over supress me.
The nursing staff overall was very good.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
THis is a huge clinic so a bit like a factory. My RE never did any of my retrievals nor transfers. They also do push day 3 transfers and dont push PGS testing which I found a bit outdated. Price wise they are very reasonable in comparison to other clinics. Their surgery center is very far, in Margate, and that is where they see patients on weekends which is very inconvenient.
I was fortunate enough to have insurance so costs were minimal.
He was very informative and had a good approach of giving his recommendation as well as letting me ultimately decide.
Miami
He [Dr. Christie] takes his time answering questions and explaining procedure. He has a calm demeanor which is beneficial during such a high stressed experience....[The nurses] each provided different information. Wish everyone was on the same page.
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
He takes his time answering questions and explaining procedure. He has a calm demeanor which is beneficial during such a high stressed experience.
Ask for copies of all medical tests. It's so easy to forget your results.
There is always a different nurse or tech performing a procedure. It is difficult to develop a connection with anyone since they have a high volume of patients and most don't remember you. That said, there is one nurse who appears to remember me and has been very kind. When I meet with the Doctor he takes his time explaining options and treatment.
IUI 1 and 2 -Clomid 100mg 5 days, Gonal-F 150 1 day, trigger shot and then two back to back IUIs-BFN
They each provided different information. Wish everyone was on the same page.