Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine

Medical SchoolUniformed Services U.
ResidencyWright St
FellowshipUSC
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Duffy to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Duffy is very knowledgeable, kind and curious. He's a bit hyper and can delivery news (sometimes bad news!) in a way that feels lacking in care but it's not. Sometime's he talks a bit fast and can run through the course of action quick and he'll need to repeat again. Just ask him to... We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy was the first Dr. to diagnose my husband with severe male factor infertility. At the time this was a lot to take in and very emotional. I felt he was too blunt (he isn't really) and I wanted a second opinion. We ended up doing IVF at another clinic. Through the years of this journey I've grown a thicker skin and learned blunt is good. We are now back at FIRM and back with Dr. Duffy set up to try IUI using donor (a known to us donor) sperm. After being at 2 clinics I've realized Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now... aggression. Dr. Duffy is also very curious and excitable and truly wants to get to the bottom of the problems.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy remembered after we returned to FIRM after 1.5 years of treatment at another clinic. He is very through and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and you can tell!
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We are about to do our first IUI at FIRM with Dr. Duffy. We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
The nursing staff at FIRM is much larger than my previous clinic. This makes it a little harder to develop relationships with them but they are all kind and do what they can to help as far as I can tell.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I have talked with at FIRM (nurses, staff, Drs etc) have been helpful and knowledgeable. The location of our clinic is about 3 hours away from the MAIN location so you will have to travel for some procedures (IVF, certain IUIs etc). Sometimes it can take a while to be seen so plan accordingly. It took over an hour on a few visits but sometimes I get seen right away.
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving...sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving. He is the 2nd Dr I’ve seen at this clinic, and while he is a vast improvement from my 1st experience, sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
Ask him to explain what he is telling you if you don’t understand... sometimes it’s like he forgets to explain things where anyone could understand them- but answers questions well. Don’t be too timid.
I began treatment with metformin and timed intercourse. We conceived and experienced our 1st loss. Then we did Clomid 50mg cd5-9 with Time Intercourse again. Upped Clomid to 100mg cd 3-9 + IUI. Upped Clomid to 150mg cd3-9 + IUI, positive pregnancy test & beta. Then miscarriage. We decided to take a break trying after this loss.
At FIRM we have more contact with the dr’s than the nurses which is great. Every time I call in I speak with a nurse- and they have always been polite & helpful. The nurse that called with pregnancy test results is always compassionate & kind with good or bad news.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The downtown location is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment, but that is to be expected with fertility treatments. The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance pays for anything diagnostic - my copay is $40. Any fertility treatment is not covered, $125 for trigger shot, $30 for Clomid per cycle, $165 for hcg blood draws, I’m unsure how much each baseline and follicle check u/s was- I believe $130. IUI was $390 plus all the other costs mentioned above.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Duffy is an extremely educated RE who is also extremely compassionate and warm. As a more sensitive individual, I needed a RE with a warmer bedside manner and I believe I've found that with Dr. Duffy. I always feel as though he has enough time to answer any and all of my questions and I never feel rushed. He is always very positive about the course of treatment, which I appreciate.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Be sure to prepare your questions in advanced. While he does a decent job educating you about the course of treatment you will likely have other questions that he won't address unless you bring them up.
Dr. Duffy has been able to keep things as personal as possible and has maintained a warm bedside manner.
I'm still under treatment but Dr. Duffy reviewed my records from my OB and determined I had unexplained infertility. My husband already had a SA so he sent me for more Bloodwork. Afterwords he wanted to do an IUI (I had two previously with my OB). My husband and I felt like another was a waste of time so we asked to go straight to IVF and Dr. Duffy agreed. We are about to start medication for IVF and hoping all goes well!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I've met thus far has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic.
IUI ~ $700 IVF ~ $9000 - $25000 We are choosing to do the 3 cycle IVF package at $18,000 and PGS testing at around $4000.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
From the first time I started seeing Dr. Duffy he has always made my husband and I feel like a human. He always remembered our names and our situation.... He consulted with one of his other partners and decided that they would do my surgery together and it was a success.... Although I am still in my TTC journey I would recommend Dr. Duffy to everyone. He listens to his patients and value your input and EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Duffy is one of the best doctors I have seen. He is very compassionate and encouraging. I started seeing him the third year into my journey and I was a nervous wreck and depressed. He was so calming and he believed in me even when I didn't believe in my own journey. I remember after my HSG when It was discovered that I had Ashermans syndrome and my cervix was blocked he explained everything with pictures and explained exactly what will need to be done. He also told us that my case was difficult but he will give it his all. He consulted with one of his other partners and decided that they would do my surgery together and it was a success. After the surgery I was so genuinely happy for us and being able to move on to our first IVF cycle. During my first cycle h again explained everything in detail and listened to all my concerns during the process and always addressed all my list of questions with no hesitation. I never felt rushed. One thing that some may see as a negative but i don't mind is the wait time but that's because he never rushes his patients and he will talk to you and explain every single detail with pictures and videos and answer all your questions do appointments are never 10 minutes. Due to scheduling he was unable to do my retrieval but he called me the next day to check on but he was able to do my transfer. I had a positive pregnancy test but a few weeks later I had a miscarriage. After 4 years of trying, stage IV endometriosis, uterine fibroids I was completely devastated. I was depressed and it was hard but he continued to be positive and together we discussed different options and new protocol. Before my next cycle he wanted to repeat the HSG in which was discovered that I have hydrosalpinx in both tubes... and yet here we are another setback. Again he sat with us for a complete hour discussing different options until we made a decision. Although I am still in my TTC journey I would recommend Dr. Duffy to everyone. He listens to his patients and value your input and EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! He is calm and so compassionate and excellent bedside manner. I never leave an appointment feeling confuse about anything.
The journey is not easy but he makes it less intimidating. He truly cares about all his patients and completely invest his time and effort in you and works hard to help you reach your goal of becoming parents. Don't be afraid to ask questions because he answers them.
From the first time I started seeing Dr. Duffy he has always made my husband and I feel like a human. He always remembered our names and our situation. he would sit for a long time and talk to us explaining everything. I remember my first HSG, it was painful because I also had Asherman syndrome and he had a difficult time getting into the cervix and I was literally shaking. He sat up and held my hands and helped me relax then he decided to stop prescribed me some anxiety medicine and told me to call my husband so he can join me, go pick up the meds and come back and I will be the last patient and he will stay as long as needed. I came back and was able to continue with the procedure as I was more relaxed and had my husband at my bedside.
I will try my best to remember dosages. I was on birth control for a few weeks then I stimmed with Gonal F (I believe 600) and menopur 75, halfway through I added cetrotide (don't remember the dose) During retrieval 9 eggs were retrieved and 7 were fertilized from left ovary. Due to my severe endometriosis my right ovary was severely adhered to the back of my uterus and none of the eggs were able to be retrieved, total disappointment. (Plan to address this issue during my next surgery procedure along with the blocked tubes). 4 made it to day 5 for freezing and sent for PGS testing. only 1 came back normal (Heartbreak!!!) changes that will be made for next cycle will be adding growth hormone due to poor egg quality. Preparing for transfer I remember being on endometrin supp. Positive pregnancy test but low beta although doubling. The day before my first ultrasound I started bleeding.
The practice has multiple locations to accommodate the north Florida region due to a lack of RE's in the area. I had an opportunity to visit many of the locations and meet with many of the nurses and they were all very nice, compassionate, helpful, knowledgeable. The nursing staff was respectful and I like you feel like a family when you go there. With such a large practice I like the fact that they always remembered me and my husband name when we would see them in the halls or when they would greet us when we first walk in. The only negative is that while waiting for your appointment I believe due to the thin walls you can hear their conversations many times,
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I LOVE the fact that the clinic has multiple offices in the north Florida region and the doctors travel on different days to the different offices so it saves me the 2 1/2 hour drive to the main office. I only had to go to Jacksonville for retrievals, transfers, and surgeries. The clinic is so beautiful and always clean. Everything is well organized and coordinated.
I do not remember exactly but the cycle was $6,900 and transfer was $2,500
My doctor prefer and recommends single embryo transfers but said we can possibly transfer 2 next time. The office recommends one at a time though.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Duffy is amazing. He makes sure you completely understand everything that needs to be done, from the first appointment where he breaks down the whole reproductive process to every detail of receiving a IUI. He makes you feel like you are more than just a number and that he is there 100% to make sure you get pregnant successfully...Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Be patient, have faith and pray a lot!
Dr. Duffy is absolutely amazing. Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
1st round of IUI: clomid 50 mg days 3-8 of my cycle. On day 12 had an ultrasound and then did Orvidrel injection on day 15 because the follicles weren't measuring to the maturity that Dr. Duffy wanted them. On day 16 we went in for IUI. Resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2nd round of IUI: clomid 100mg days 3-8, went in for ultrasound on day 12 and the follicles were only half the size the needed to be, 3more days of clomid 150mg. Went in again on day 19 and they were to maturity they needed so they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office) and we went back on day 20 for IUI. Resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Most of the nurses I have dealt with were amazing. They all helped without a hesitation and if I had a question that they didn't know they answer to they quickly found it out for me.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We have always had a pleasant experience with FIRM. They are very responsive when it comes to making appointments and helping you along the way during each of your appointments.
Surgery $1500 Each IUI cycle $800ish
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Duffy is compassionate and competent and kind. He was friendly and supportive and treated me like a partner in the IVF process. He was a good listener, and took the time to answer my questions. I also really appreciate his willingness to think "outside of the box" when it came to my IVF protocol.... 1) testosterone cream for a few weeks before starting the cycle to improve egg quality. 2)Follistim and Cetrotide, relatively high doses because of diminished ovarian reserve. 3) HGH for egg quality 4) Genetic testing of embryos 5)Endometrial receptivity array (which I really ended up benefitting from)
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Know that you most likely won't see him for every appointment, but the other doctors in the practice are very competent and professional. I honestly had very positive experiences with every single person.
Prior to going to Dr. Duffy at FIRM, I had received fertility treatments at Weill-Cornell in NYC and at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. At both of those places, I started out expecting to be treated like a human because my first encounters with the doctors at those places went well. But they were busy, and disorganized and didn't seem at all motivated to make adjustments to my protocol when their "cookie cutter" approaches didn't result in me getting pregnant. I felt like they viewed me as a failed case, and seemed to kind of lose interest in me as a patient. At first I was angry, then I was devastated. When I got the courage to reach out to Dr. Duffy and make an appointment, I went expecting more of the same. I had decided that I needed to adjust my expectations and anticipate that I would always feel like a number. But I was pleasantly surprised; he spent time looking over my records, listened closely to my story, and immediately suggested things we could do differently. He made me a part of the decision-making process and took the time to explain why he was suggesting certain things. From that point on, the nurses and other physicians in the practice were consistently professional, responsive, and caring. There were moments when I needed to push back and track nurses down for information, but at no point in the process did I feel abandoned or dropped. I felt supported all the way through the retrieval, the testing, and the transfer. And because I lived several states away, Dr. Duffy coordinated with a local RE to help ensure I got all of the necessary testing and support until it was time for me to find an OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
The nursing staff was consistent, kind, and competent. I felt like I was in very good hands. They were also relatively responsive to questions and even helped me located some medication for a lower price.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: The clinic is relatively small which helps the patient feel known. Everyone was professional, supportive, and kind. Weaknesses: They are a busy clinic and sometimes it took a little while to hear back from a nurse.
Cost of a cycle: $6500 Cost of medications: $3500 Cost of PGS: $2000 Cost of endometiral receptivity array: $1000
My doctor did not have a strong preference in my case because of my age and because I had a very limited number of embryos to transfer after PGS testing (only two). He said he would support me in transferring two if that was what I wanted to do.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I always felt important and like my concerns were being heard and addressed. Every time we had a set back Dr. Duffy was compassionate and pro active so that we didn't lose any ground. Everything was fully explained to me and if I had a question about something or needed it clarified he did it without hesitation...He really got to know me as a person not just another number. It makes you feel special that someone takes the time and really listens.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
if you have questions don't be afraid to ask and I used to write a list down before I went. Also the wait times can be alittle long, but that is because he does not rush his paitients and gives them the time they need.
I had to have surgery right before I started my ivf cycle for polyps. Then I did ivf with ICSI, transferred a fresh and froze the 4 remaining. I then went back for a FET and plan to go back again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mrs. Patty -downtown office )
The entire nursing staff was wonderful. But I have to say Patty and the main office was so nice, informative, helpful, caring, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They have a lot of locations which is helpful, however that means the doctors have to travel between them. This can sometimes make it challenging to track down your doctor to be seen especially last minute.
I won a free cycle at one of their seminars. Then I had to pay for my FET later on.
Jacksonville
Dr. Duffy took time to answer all my questions, never made me feel rushed or like a number, and took time to show he cares... very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality...I was 350iu Gonal F, 150iu Menopur, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger. I don't remember any rationale given for this particular protocol.
Dr. Duffy is very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality.
Prepare to wait awhile at appointments.
The nursing staff was excellent. They were great about answering questions, returning phone calls, and their blood taking skills were excellent.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality.
My total costs at FIRM was around $8000, plus $4000 meds at an outside facility.
FIRM typically transfers one under 35 and two over 35. One was recommended for me at 33, but transfer isn't for another few weeks.
Jacksonville
Dr.Duffy took personal time in his office with my husband and myself to discuss our steps.... Dr.Duffy was a kind and warm hearted doctor. He made me feel at ease during my procedure. Afterwards, we were welcomed into his office to discuss the next steps of the process. The only downfall was that the procedure was more painful than expected.... Be honest and open about your concerns. Dr.Duffy has a lot of information to share!
Seemed like a typical nursing staff. However, I really appreciated their understanding of us running late as we got lost on the way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very nice clinic with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed. I did have a hard time finding the location a few years back as they had just recently moved out of the hospital area. However, the staff was very understanding and told us not to rush. The office is very nice and neat. It could probably use a better magazine selection lol The doctor was very warm and friendly. Unfortunately the procedure was more painful than I expected. The doctor was very knowledgeable and invited us to discuss the plans in his office. I would recommend this clinic to friends and family
2009 - 2012
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Duffy was very patient, and listened to all of my fears. He researched the issues I was having and suggested some alternative treatments...We tried three IUI with ICSI, all producing negative results. We tried two IVF cycles with my eggs, the first resulted in a chemical pregnancy, the rest all negative. We tried donor egg once, all transfers had a negative result. We tried one donor embryo transfer which had a negative result.
2009 - 2012
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Duffy was a great doctor who listened, researched, and allowed us to try every option so that we were satisfied when our journey was over. He was very passionate about his work and showed us a lot of compassion.
He is amazing, but be prepared to wait a little bit as he gets backed up.
All of the nurses were very thorough, understanding, available and compassionate about us and our care.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was great, all staff were helpful, and I loved the individual care that we received.
I feel costs were reasonable. We paid $11,000 for our first IVF, $6,000 for our second, $11,000 for Donor Egg, $2500 for donor embryo. Frozen transfers were around $2,000
I think the standard protocol of transferring two is effective.
None, Other
Dr.Duffy was kind And patient. He listen and answer my questions. He would even call Me if I had a question the nurse could not answer. He explains the iui process before and as he was doing the iui. Dr. Duffy made us feel welcomed to be there and let's us know that he was wishing us luck.Even before I got pregnant he would give me confidence. He did not treat us different because we are a same sex couple
None, Other
Just give him a chance
Dr.Duffy Respected me and my partner .He explain different procedure to us. He made us feel welcome like a family
I love the nursing staff they treated me like family they knew me and my partner name and would approach us like family
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I only think the prices could be lower and give discounts to returning patients. I absolutely love this clinic and the staff. They may can upgrade the furniture but I do not have anything bad to say.The wait time is short and they also do procedure on the weekend
I have spend about 6000 at this clinic
Jacksonville
Dr. Duffy answered my questions in a way that was informative and not condescending. He acknowledged the fact that I have knowledge in IVF and listened to my concerns...Dr. Duffy was extremely knowledgeable and caring. I never felt like a number and he remembered details about my husband and I at every visit...He runs late a lot of the time. But it's because he spends the appropriate time needed with each patient...
I spoke to a different nurse all of the time. It was difficult at times because I started at one office but ended up at the downtown location. I never knew who to call.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is effective and knows what they're doing. The nurse at the Daytona office gave me the multiples speech one too many times and caused unnecessary stress between my husband and I.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Duffy is very thorough when explaining the step to diagnose infertility. He will walk through how each process works and why he wants to go a certain route. Due to his thoroughness, he tends to run behind schedule... takes his time to explain each step of the process and asks for your input on next steps. Dr. Duffy gets to know his patients as more than a number on a chart.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Be patient on wait times.
Dr. Duffy takes his time to explain each step of the process and asks for your input on next steps. Dr. Duffy gets to know his patients as more than a number on a chart.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office staff and nurses are very kind and compassionate. They are very flexible as to which office you may wish to go to. If you rotate through offices, you may not see the same doctor for everything.
For one cycle of IVF, including medicine, we have spent $15,000.
2013 - 2015
Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
I absolutely love him [Dr. Duffy]. You don't meet many doctors that sit down and not rush the process. If I say I'm not interested in that approach he accepts that. He's not pushy. We've went up and down the fertility ladder and I never felt pressured.
2013 - 2015
Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
I absolutely love him. You don't meet many doctors that sit down and not rush the process. If I say I'm not interested in that approach he accepts that. He's not pushy. We've went up and down the fertility ladder and I never felt pressured.
Research right along with him and bring your ideas too.
He is awesome!!! He actually listens to everything I say. I've covered so much with him to try to figure out what it could be.
It's way too many nurses at the clinic but they are very friendly.