Brown Fertility

Orlando
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515

Dr. Duffy is a brilliant fertility doctor. He stays up to date with the current research and applies it to his treatment. He was often rushed with appointments and late, but would take the time to stay and answer all my questions...He was mostly receptive to any additional testing I wanted, even if he didn’t completely recommend it...For egg stimulation, we used menopur, gonal F and cetrotide
[Florida Institute fore Reproductive Medicine] Strengths include the doctors who work there and their expertise. Weaknesses include the lack of communication at times between the doctors and nurses and the patients. Wait times for appointments could sometimes be really long, making it hard to estimate how much time would be needed to miss work.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy is a brilliant fertility doctor. He stays up to date with the current research and applies it to his treatment. He was often rushed with appointments and late, but would take the time to stay and answer all my questions. He sometimes forgot the plan we discussed previously, so I would find myself having to remind him of things we previously discussed more than once. He was mostly receptive to any additional testing I wanted, even if he didn’t completely recommend it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared for your appointments to take a long time since he is often late. Be prepared for him to talk fast and seem rushed, but jump in and ask all your questions and he will take the time to answer them. Do your research and advocate for yourself and you’ll have a great working relationship.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy would sometimes forget details about my case or things we had discussed previously. I found myself sometimes having to remind him of “the plan” we had discussed. This may be attributed to the large number of patients he sees.
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For egg stimulation, we used menopur, gonal F and cetrotide. Due to my lower AMH levels, we only retrieved 9 eggs, 3 of which made it to day 5 blast and only 1 was pgs normal. Before transfer, I did a ERA cycle with the receptiva dx biopsy with a protocol of estrogen, endometrin suppositories, and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff sometimes seemed stressed and therefore could be short with patients. I sometimes felt like a burden whenever I called in with questions. Nursing didn’t always seem on top of communication. I never got a call with my pgs results after waiting more than 3 weeks. I also never got a return call about questions I had for the doctor the nurse was supposed to ask.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We were lucky enough to have fertility benefits through our insurance, but I was surprised by the amount of tests and procedures not covered by insurance. We ended up spending tens of thousands of dollars on medications and testing, equal the the same amount that people pay for IVF out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I waited over 3 weeks for my pgs results on my embryos and no one ever called me. Finally I called the clinic for my results and it turned out they had them for a while but just never called. I also had questions for the doctor related to additional testing before our embryo transfer. The nurse said she would speak to my doctor and get back with me, but she never did. I had to wait until my next appointment to speak with the doctor directly.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Duffy was very thorough and knowledgable with his fertility information education. He asked us lots of personal questions, why we were there and what we wanted to accomplish. He set a treatment plan that seemed to work with what information we knew for ourselves...[protocol] Clomid and Letrazole for 5 days on period day 3. Day 10, Ultrasound, ovulation booster shot and progesterone meds, followed by IUI on day 12.
The nursing staff [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was very friendly and warm. Made myself and husband feel comfortable and like we mattered...The wait times can be lengthy. There is a little feeling of rushing through the appointments but don't know what else to expect for them...[clinic error]Had bloodwork done early in process but doctor never saw it to review before first cycle procedure.
Dr Duffy is very smart, educated and passionate about fertility. It shows in his detailed communication at each meeting. He does tend to talk fast and a lot so asking questions and getting clarity is important.
Make sure to ask questions whenever you have them. Its easy to leave an appointment without asking anything because of the trust and open ears when he is talking, you tend to forget.
Dr Duffy was very thorough and knowledgable with his fertility information education. He asked us lots of personal questions, why we were there and what we wanted to accomplish. He set a treatment plan that seemed to work with what information we knew for ourselves.
The nursing staff was very friendly and warm. Made myself and husband feel comfortable and like we mattered.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seems very busy which is good in that they have a good rep. The wait times can be lengthy. There is a little feeling of rushing through the appointments but don't know what else to expect for them.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Had bloodwork done early in process but doctor never saw it to review before first cycle procedure. I had to ask about it. Front desk lady added some bloodwork tests to work order but didnt seem to know for sure if they were needed or not.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy took time to answer all my questions, never made me feel rushed or like a number, and took time to show he cares... very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality...I was 350iu Gonal F, 150iu Menopur, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger. I don't remember any rationale given for this particular protocol.
Strengths [at FIRM] are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality...The nursing staff was excellent. They were great about answering questions, returning phone calls, and their blood taking skills were excellent.
Dr. Duffy is very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality.
Prepare to wait awhile at appointments.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality.
My total costs at FIRM was around $8000, plus $4000 meds at an outside facility.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM typically transfers one under 35 and two over 35. One was recommended for me at 33, but transfer isn't for another few weeks.