6.8

1900 University Ave.
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-603-6999

2020 - 2021, Successful
You really couldn't ask for a more kind, compassionate, thoughtful physician than Dr. Kaser. He was truly engaged in my care and invested in my outcome. Dr. Kaser is thoughtful in his communication and really takes his time to explain every detail of treatment so I always knew what to expect next....I will never forget the day he called me with positive pregnancy test results! I'm pretty sure he was even more excited than I was! (I was still shocked!) I am so grateful for Dr. Kaser!
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
You really couldn't ask for a more kind, compassionate, thoughtful physician than Dr. Kaser. He was truly engaged in my care and invested in my outcome. Dr. Kaser is thoughtful in his communication and really takes his time to explain every detail of treatment so I always knew what to expect next. He never rushed me in my appointments and gave me ample time to ask questions. Part of my treatment plan included a procedure that was both physically painful and emotionally distressing for me. Dr. Kaser took his time before, after, and during the procedure to make sure I was ready, to check-in with me, and to support me as I recovered my composure after. He gave me choices ("do you want to keep going or stop?") and respected my autonomy and decision making. He gave me the information I needed to make informed choices & was willing to listen to my ideas as we made treatment decisions. I will never forget the day he called me with positive pregnancy test results! I'm pretty sure he was even more excited than I was! (I was still shocked!) I am so grateful for Dr. Kaser!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is more than happy to explain his thought-process. He'll take his time to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable moving forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser was incredibly engaged in my care from start to finish. He was always responsive to my questions via their messaging app. It's a little thing - but I really appreciated how he would send emoji's in the app with his messages (a smiley face, etc), it made me feel like I was chatting with a real person (and I was!). Dr. Kaser always greeted me by my full name and made me feel welcomed in the clinic.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
While I didn't see the nursing staff frequently in the clinic, I had a lot of communication with them over the messaging app. They were quick to answer questions, send over prescription refills, and make sure I had orders ready for outside monitoring etc. There is some overlap between the clinic nurses and the Pre-op/PACU nurses who take care of you if you have a retrieval or surgery, which I think is really nice for continuity of care!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic itself is beautiful and easily accessible. Everything is clean, fresh, and the equipment feels state-of-the-art. I have reason to believe their IVF is top-notch as I had better results at RMA of Northern California in my 30s than I did as a younger IVF patient elsewhere in my 20s. They have a screen in the transfer room that gives you a live feed of your embryo being prepped before your transfer. I've done a lot of transfers elsewhere, and I had never seen anything like that before! My partner and I love that we were able to see the embryo being prepared in real time and not just a photo like at other clinics. (Of course, they also provided a print of the embryo, which I think is a lovely keepsake.)
San Francisco
I felt heard and supported under [Dr. Kaser's] care. I felt that my case was important and urgent and i felt my concerns were heard and validated. I can recall at least two phone calls where Dr Kaser spent a long time going in to detail with me about specifics of my case and the procedures I had to undergo...Our protocol was egg retrieval with injectable atoms, ICSI fertilization, day 5 blastocysts then PSG testing...All of these options while being more expensive are to maximize the likelihood of quality embryos for transfer. I then had a polyp removal to ensure my uterus was optimal for transfer. Our transfer was FET.
staff [at RMA of New Jersey] wanted us to conceive as badly as we wanted to...Our protocol was egg retrieval with injectable atoms, ICSI fertilization, day 5 blastocysts then PSG testing which the clinic mandates...The nursing staff was amazing, from my coordinator to the blood draw techs to the front office manager. They were professional, prompt, empathetic, and very supportive...Morning hours were well run. I never waited long. Process was efficient and well organized.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt heard and supported under is care. I felt that my case was important and urgent and i felt my concerns were heard and validated. I can recall at least two phone calls where Dr Kaser spent a long time going in to detail with me about specifics of my case and the procedures I had to undergo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about treatment options and possible scenarios. You will be heard.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt like a human because Dr Kaser knew me, knew my situation, and was extremely informed about what my situation was and what was best for me. He answered my questions and concerns and provided me with advice I could trust because I knew he cared about me and what I was going through. We had our retrieval before thanksgiving and our transfer the day after Christmas, and Dr Kaser and his staff were so sympathetic to how this process must have felt around a holiday. Dr Kaser also performed another procedure on me to remove a polyp and I could tell he felt the urgency we felt to get this done so we could move on to the transfer. You could see he and his staff wanted us to conceive as badly as we wanted to.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Our protocol was egg retrieval with injectable atoms, ICSI fertilization, day 5 blastocysts then PSG testing which the clinic mandates. All of these options while being more expensive are to maximize the likelihood of quality embryos for transfer. I then had a polyp removal to ensure my uterus was optimal for transfer. Our transfer was FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: great hours, informed and professional staff, quick turn around, efficient prescription logistics, overall cleanliness and comfort. I felt like everyone knew me and my situation. I felt heard and supportive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.
We have great insurance and most what what we had done was covered. The PSG testing was not covered but was mandatory from the clinic and cost us about 2,000 dollars. We had to pay about 275 for genetic counseling and then with meds and co-pays we paid approx. an additional 1,000-2,000 for IVF.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
The doctors at this office only do single embryo transfers to reduce the likelihood of a high risk multiples pregnancy. I would have liked the option to transfer multiples but I trusted that the doctors had my best interest at heart with their policy. It was not a deal breaker for us.
Marlton

Before even starting IVF, Dr. Kaser ordered several routine examinations since I hadn't been menstruating including a SIS and discovered that I have scarring in my uterus and fallopian tubes. He performed a laparoscopy so successfully that I only needed that one surgery and then we continued with IVF and egg retrieval, etc. When we did my egg retrieval I had 57 eggs retrieved due to PCOS, and he had me use a lupron trigger which prevented me from getting OHSS. During my preparation for embryo transfer I did progesterone injections, took estrogen pills orally, and also a thyroid med.
I loved all the nurses, admin, and everybody working at both the Silicon Valley and SF clinic [RMA of Northern California]. They knew me as soon as I walked in and were very warm and sweet. Scheduling appointments was super easy, they use Spruce as a texting service and literally responded within 10 minutes every time I sent them a message. My friends were shocked when I told them I could text my doctor...
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
I LOVED working with Dr. Kaser. He was such an amazing doctor and I always left feeling really positive and optimistic. He did all of my major procedures (egg retrieval and transfer) which was awesome. He has such a good bedside manner, is very calm and patient, and just a warm genuine person to be around. The other doctors also helped with routine ultrasounds, communication, etc and they are all so nice. I would 100% recommend Dr. Kaser or any of the doctors at RMA.
Don't hesitate to have him as your doctor! He is amazing.
Dr. Kaser had the best bedside manner, was always positive and optimistic, and spent a lot of time with my husband and I when we had questions.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela was pretty good. She did a good job explaining the medications and being responsive via text.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I loved all the nurses, admin, and everybody working at both the Silicon Valley and SF clinic. They knew me as soon as I walked in and were very warm and sweet. Scheduling appointments was super easy, they use Spruce as a texting service and literally responded within 10 minutes every time I sent them a message. My friends were shocked when I told them I could text my doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California.
We were so lucky to have amazing fertility insurance so we just had to pay our deductible which was about $500, and then co-pays for the meds. Very very lucky.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
We decided to transfer one embryo
Silicon Valley

Dr. Kaser is incredibly caring and it really felt like he was invested in the process. He would call us directly to talk about important results (development of embryos, pregnancy test results). He was genuinely excited to deliver us good news! He answered all our questions immediately, whether in person or over Spruce [messaging app] or the phone. When I had a bad reaction to certain medications, he was genuinely concerned and reduced the dosage while monitoring my bloodwork...
RMA has been my best experience with a medical care provider in my life. I was in constant communication with my doctor and primary nurse over their messaging app Spruce. All my questions were answered and my concerns addressed. Both the clinics in SF and Silicon Valley are great...We were given step-by-step instructions throughout the process by our primary nurse through Spruce, their messaging app...We were sent videos of how to administer the meds and received an in-person demonstration. Whenever I had questions, they were immediately answered on Spruce....
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser is a thorough, caring, and compassionate doctor. He will answer all your questions promptly, no matter what they are. He will deliver important news to you personally. When I had a bad reaction to certain medications, he immediately took action, monitored me, and I felt much better. You can tell he genuinely loves his work from the excitement with which he delivers good news! My husband and I felt like we were his only patients. It was the best experience I've ever had with a doctor.
I would advise everyone to do their own homework about the process. During the diagnostic appointment, my husband and I were able to ask very detailed questions that Dr. Kaser was happy to answer.
Dr. Kaser is incredibly caring and it really felt like he was invested in the process. He would call us directly to talk about important results (development of embryos, pregnancy test results). He was genuinely excited to deliver us good news! He answered all our questions immediately, whether in person or over Spruce or the phone. When I had a bad reaction to certain medications, he was genuinely concerned and reduced the dosage while monitoring my bloodwork. (I've had bad experiences in the past where doctors dismissed my pain, as I'm sure many women have.) He is an amazing doctor and I wish there were more doctors like him!
We used the antagonist protocol (most common protocol - Gonal-F and Menopur, followed by Cetrotide and trigger injections). We started in late October and I am now 8+ weeks pregnant as of late January.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Montesinos)
We were given step-by-step instructions throughout the process by our primary nurse through Spruce, their messaging app. We were given exact dosages and dates to start and end each medication. During the monitoring stage of IVF, we were sent daily updates on bloodwork and any medication changes. We were sent videos of how to administer the meds and received an in-person demonstration. Whenever I had questions, they were immediately answered on Spruce. The egg retrieval was very smooth and I felt well cared-for by the nursing staff. They explained everything to me before the procedure and gave me aftercare instructions after I woke up. When I woke up, I had a heating pad on my stomach, a warm blanket, and a nurse offered me snacks and water. It was my best experience after a surgical procedure.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA has been my best experience with a medical care provider in my life. I was in constant communication with my doctor and primary nurse over their messaging app Spruce. All my questions were answered and my concerns addressed. Both the clinics in SF and Silicon Valley are great. Major procedures were done in SF, while monitoring appointments were done in Silicon Valley. Everyone I dealt with was competent, caring, and compassionate.
The total billed to Progyny insurance was around $33K. Out of this, diagnostics were $2.2K, medications $11.4K, medical services $16.7K, PGS testing $2.7K. Progyny paid for most of it, we only had to pay our out-of-pocket max.
eSET would give us the best chance at a healthy baby, so we didn't ask about any other options.
San Francisco

it was never even discussed [with Dr. Daniel Kaser] to transfer more than 1 embryo. I had the choice to choose the gender, or choose "best quality" and we chose the latter...was personable and warm, starting from our very first consultation. Being able to text him at any time with the Spruce app was so nice. He more often than not responded back to me within an hour - always with warmth and friendliness...was a great doctor to guide us through the ups and downs of IVF, and during COVID no less. He explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient in every conversation, whether it was in the Spruce app, on the phone/video chat, or in person. He's also extremely positive and supportive. He recognized that I was nerding out on all the science and took extra time to ta
The nursing staff [at RMA of Northern California] was warm, competent, organized, and efficient. They were are very supportive...The app they use to communicate with you is stellar. Everything about RMA is an operations miracle. The staff is helpful and warm too, always greeting you with a smile. From the very first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. I called to set up appointments with UCSF Fertility and RMA on the same day. RMA could take us for an in-person consult within the week, and UCSF would have been 8 weeks. I am so thankful we went with RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser was a great doctor to guide us through the ups and downs of IVF, and during COVID no less. He explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient in every conversation, whether it was in the Spruce app, on the phone/video chat, or in person. He's also extremely positive and supportive. He recognized that I was nerding out on all the science and took extra time to talk through details during ultrasounds. He's everything you'd want in a doctor. I wish he could be my OB! We had our first consult in early February, and at the end of July I'm 8 weeks pregnant. And this is considering a 4-week delay when SIP first started and RMA paused new treatment cycles. Also, I elected to immediately go through a 2nd egg retrieval cycle before results from Cycle 1 had been PGS tested, to be on the safe side that I'd have enough embryos frozen for transfer now and in the future. Fairly quick turn of events all in all! Very happy with RMA and Dr. Kaser.
I would do your homework before going in for your first consultation. He can talk fairly quickly so it's helpful if you already know the IVF lingo and acronyms. Also, since RMA does give you any written documents, take notes in your talks with him and take photos if he whiteboards the "math" of egg retrieval.
Dr. Kaser was personable and warm, starting from our very first consultation. Being able to text him at any time with the Spruce app was so nice. He more often than not responded back to me within an hour - always with warmth and friendliness.
Cycle 1: Gonal and Menopur for 8 days, Cetrotide for 5, Lupron, Novarel Cycle 2: Gonal and Menopur for 9 days, Cetrotide for 4, Clomid pill for 5 days, Lupron, Novarel Cycle 1 left me with 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 frozen, 3 normal (2 4BB, 1 4CC) -- all 6 day blastocysts Cycle 2 left me with 19 eggs, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 9 frozen, 4 normal (2 4AA, 4AB, 5CB) -- all 6 day blastocysts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff was warm, competent, organized, and efficient. They were are very supportive.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was top-notch in every way. The doctors are world-class. Nurses are awesome. Office was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The app they use to communicate with you is stellar. Everything about RMA is an operations miracle. The staff is helpful and warm too, always greeting you with a smile. From the very first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. I called to set up appointments with UCSF Fertility and RMA on the same day. RMA could take us for an in-person consult within the week, and UCSF would have been 8 weeks. I am so thankful we went with RMA.
Egg retrieval - about $16000 for each Fertility meds for egg retrieval #1: $12000 Fertility meds for egg retrieval #2: $6000 (because some meds left over from #1) Frozen transfer: $4600 Luckily I have Progyny as a benefit through work, so almost all of it was paid for between them and regular insurance. Insurance paid for some things, like some of the bloodwork, genetic screening, Endometrin, etc. Progyny pays for the rest. I think I paid one or two small co-pays too. With Progyny I was eligible for 8 "smart cycle segments" or the equivalent of 2 rounds of IVF, plus $15000 toward fertility meds. I ended up using 7 smart cycle segments. The smart cycles only refer to the medical procedures (i.e. egg retrieval, frozen transfer). I did have to pay out of pocket for some of the meds. But...thankfully with Carrot, my husband's fertility benefit, we can expense up to $10000 per year, and this includes out of pocket expenses. So we are VERY VERY lucky that we didn't have to pay for any of it.
it was never even discussed to transfer more than 1 embryo. I had the choice to choose the gender, or choose "best quality" and we chose the latter.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
There was one instance where a new prescription didn't get called in along with the others. I had missed that Dr. Kaser didn't call this prescription in, so it was my mistake as well. Luckily, it was a prescription I could get at Walgreens so I picked it up late night. All went fine in the end.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kaser wants with all his heart to give you a baby. He is straight forward with his opinion but does so in the kindest, gentlest manner. He is open to listening to ideas I had about new protocols and fully explored all possibilities with me. He responds to messages on "Spruce" (the app the clinic uses to communicate) quickly. I think delivery bad news is as hard for him to deliver as it is to hear, you can truly hear the emotion in his voice. He's positive about outcomes but not misleading.
They require ICSI for PGS testing [at RMA Northern California]. $12k total, including ICSI, biopsy, freeze...Everyone at RMA is kind, friendly and upbeat. I did NOT feel like a number just passing through. I truly felt like each and every person I came in contact with cared about how I was doing that day...One nurse who was covering came over and personally introduced herself the day of my retrieval. Overall, everyone bends over backwards to make sure you are ok during all of this.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Don't be afraid to take up his time, he truly cares. I know I often felt rushed with other doctors. Dr. K WANTS to spend as much time as possible with you, explaining all the risks, benefits, possibilities, etc.
300 ui GonalF 150 Menopur added Omnitrope for egg quality on day 4, then every other day Cetrotide on day 5 of stims HCG and Luprolide trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Katherine)
Very communicative, and had a lot of compassion when Aetna was giving me a ton of trouble with refills I needed to extend my stimulation cycle. One nurse who was covering came over and personally introduced herself the day of my retrieval. Overall, everyone bends over backwards to make sure you are ok during all of this.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
It can get crowded on weekend monitoring - they have drop in hours. Show up early and you won't have a problem or bring stuff with you to keep yourself occupied while you wait. (Although now in the time of COVID, they have appointment times every 15 mins.)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Northern California.
Before COVID, it was drop in hours for monitoring. Show up early and it wasn't a problem. The weekend could be a very long wait, up to an hour. It didn't bother me because the rest of the clinic was so friendly and kind.
They require ICSI for PGS testing. $12k total, including ICSI, biopsy, freeze.
RMA will only transfer 1 embryo at a time. I believe there are exceptions, but they have a fairly firm policy.

2020, 6 Eggs Frozen
In terms of patient experience and bedside manner, Dr Kaser was great - I would highly recommend him on those points. This might not have been his fault but it was extremely disappointing for me to retrieve only half of my follicles. In my scan, I had around 20 but only half of them were mature - I'm not sure if medication would have changed the numbers. But now I've only frozen 6...I was given the protocol that's given to 85% of patients my age - follistim and Menopur at night, and 3 days into the treatment, ganirelix in the morning. I had 3 days of birth control, then 2-3 days off (b/c the pharmacy didn't deliver my fertility drugs on time). I injected Lupron as my trigger shot. I had 8 days of injections and retrieved on 10th day. In the scans, I can see about 19 follicles - but in the end, only 9 were mature. I know 2-3 were too big and the rest were too small. I wish I had retrieved about 12.
Strengths [at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]- always available via app. I really liked that. My insurance was a pain to deal with and they were really kind throughout. They put me on a holding pattern which allowed me to go into my cycle as soon as insurance was cleared...Weakness - not sure if this is the fault of the clinic but it's very expensive. There is no discount for multiple cycles. They charged for scans and bloodwork separately which should be included as part of the treatment plan.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
In terms of patient experience and bedside manner, Dr Kaser was great - I would highly recommend him on those points. This might not have been his fault but it was extremely disappointing for me to retrieve only half of my follicles. In my scan, I had around 20 but only half of them were mature - I'm not sure if medication would have changed the numbers. But now I've only frozen 6 and if you do the math from that to a live birth, the odds aren't good.
I would ask about specific protocols and whether he would change (increase or decrease, or change altogether) meds mid-treatment. I wondered if that would have either matured more follicles or released more viable eggs for me.
Dr Kaser was caring and patient. He explained everything and answered all of my questions. He was responsive over the app whenever I had questions or concerns. For the daily scans, I saw other doctors too in the clinic, they were equally kind and caring during a stressful and sensitive time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nurses were great - they gave me a last-minute injection prep b/c I couldn't make the regular class (due to my cycle start time). They gave really detailed instructions on injections, dosage etc, including sharing videos. They were compassionate, kind and very professional - didn't mind all the questions I had. I would recommend them. All of them had good personalities - made you feel at ease, made me laugh.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths - always available via app. I really liked that. My insurance was a pain to deal with and they were really kind throughout. They put me on a holding pattern which allowed me to go into my cycle as soon as insurance was cleared. I had started during COVID lock-down so I was able to finish my cycle instead of waiting for the pandemic to pass. Weakness - not sure if this is the fault of the clinic but it's very expensive. There is no discount for multiple cycles. They charged for scans and bloodwork separately which should be included as part of the treatment plan.
It was efficient. I hardly waited but I was given a specific time during the monitoring window, so it was more like an appointment.
My employer provided partial coverage. For the service, it was around $4500 out of pocket and for medication, $1814.
San Francisco

Dr. Kaser is very patient and kind.l had a lot of questions for him and he was able to answer all of them during our appointment. He performed my saline sonogram and my initial consult sonogram. He walked me through the whole IVF process then circled back to my immediate next steps....IVF- saline sonogram to confirm presence of fibroids, scar tissue,etc. Sema4 genetic testing to confirm my partner and I are not carriers for the same diseases. Nutritional consult for healthy lifestyle. IVF egg retrieval medications
RMANJ has Lots of locations, caring and understanding staff, high live birth success rate. Would love if all locations had weekend hours, but we were able to make all of our appointments within reason. They are very open with information and data. The finance department is probably the weakest department, not as sensitive to the large sum of money, ask you to do a lot of calls to your own insurance.... Monitoring would be in the early morning hours
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Educate yourself too, while Dr Kaser will answer your questions, make sure you know all of your questions.
Dr. Kaser and my nurse have been so patient in answering all of my questions (which took an hour and a half before signing my consents) and keeping regular contact during my care.
IVF- saline sonogram to confirm presence of fibroids, scar tissue,etc. Sema4 genetic testing to confirm my partner and I are not carriers for the same diseases. Nutritional consult for healthy lifestyle. IVF egg retrieval medications: Gonal F, lodose HCG, cetrotide. Pregnyl and lupron trigger. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature. PCOS treatment- blood test and sonogram, confirmed and prescribed me metformin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorochen)
Kim would call me and answer any email questions right away. There are several departments, one for meds, one for financial, etc. She wouldn't pass me around unnecessarily and helped me during med delivery, etc.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring would be in the early morning hours, everyone who arrives gets seen in the order they arrive. It was never a long wait. I needed to lay down for blood draw they always put me in a room for this. Some of the monitoring doctors would be a little rushed and not explain the measurements or calculations in the sonogram
Insurance covered most of my treatment. Embro cryopreservation and genetic testing were not covered ($5k). And probably another $1-2k for copays, medication, etc.
RMA does single embryo transfer for younger patients who have not undergone a cycle before
Basking Ridge

Dr Kaser is compassionate and has great bed side manner. He took on my infertility case after 1 failed and 1 ectopic cycle. He was thorough and took his time with me. He is honest and down to earth...I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
I feel that all doctors at RMA that I have met with are strongly against multiple embryo transfers. Yet Ive had 3 failed transfere with pgs tested embryos. We may consider putting in 2 if my 4th transfer fails...is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Kasee is a great listener. He reviews all my records prior to meeting with me and always shows up prepared. He is a great colloborator. My situation is complicated because both my partner and I are healthy, no issues, except my age of 39. I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
Do you research because Dr Kaser is a professional who wants his patients to be at the table making decisions with him. Come prepared with questions, he is very patient and will answer all your questions.
I was under Dr. Kaser's care for my 3rd FET. He had me take my estrace pills vaginally to increase the lining quicker and the standard progesterone dosage. Prior to the cycle he performed an ERA and endometrial biopsy to ensure we were transfering on the right day and there was no infection. Unfortunately my 3rd FET resulted in a negative pregnancy test and we will be changing the protocol significantly for my 4th
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa Katzman)
Marissa has been with me since day 1 which is May 2017. She is professional, organized and consistent. She is compassionate and just great at what she does. Her communication skills are strong. She listens carefully, answers all questions and if she does not know the answer follows up. She communicates both on email and phone and has a sense of urgency when needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
With just Dr Kaser about 15,000
Hamilton

He [Dr. Kaser] was a nice doctor. He knew what steps and procedures I needed in order for me to have a successful IVF cycle process. He knew what medications I needed to take in order to increase my chances of getting pregnant with less chances of having a miscarriage. ... The 1st month was the diagnostic month, where they ran tests on me and my husband. Next, he removed my uterine polyps.
That you have to be at your appointments before 7:30am, with some flexibility. ... The window was between 6am to 7:30am. The nurse coordinator would email me a monthly cycle itinerary. ... They [RMA of New Jersey] are very thorough with blood work and examinations on a weekly basis. I did have a phlebotomist hit a nerve while tying to draw blood. Overall, the staff was friendly and nice to be around. ...The nurse coordinator, Hillary, would return my phone calls in a timely manner and answer all of my questions.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
He was a nice doctor. He knew what steps and procedures I needed in order for me to have a successful IVF cycle process. He knew what medications I needed to take in order to increase my chances of getting pregnant with less chances of having a miscarriage.
To make sure they know how many injections they will have to take and how many office visits they will have to go to per cycle. Find out how much out of pocket costs they will have to pay for upfront.
The 1st month was the diagnostic month, where they ran tests on me and my husband. Next, he removed my uterine polyps. Then he put me on injectable hormones for the egg retrieval. Then I had the egg transfer and I got pregnant right away. He monitored me for the next 8 weeks to make sure that embryo was growing correctly through the beginning of my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Hillary Silva)
Hillary was a good communicator and answered all of my concerns. She would update me with all of my blood work results promptly and schedule me for all of my weekly appointments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
That you have to be at your appointments before 7:30am, with some flexibility. They are very thorough with blood work and examinations on a weekly basis. I did have a phlebotomist hit a nerve while tying to draw blood. Overall, the staff was friendly and nice to be around.
Over $5,000 out of pocket
Marlton

Dr. Kaser was wonderful in every way. He diagnosed me with PCOS after two previous doctors had missed this. Once my infertility was treated using an appropriate intervention for PCOS I got the result I had hoped for. Dr. Kaser went above and beyond in all regards showing true compassion and concern. He answered all my questions thoroughly. Working with him was such a pleasure that my husband even commented that he wished Dr. Kaser could deliver our baby as well.
Friendly, pleasant, personable. All staff is friendly and accommodating. RMA of NJ, Marlton sets a very high bar, they make every other clinic experience I have had look poor by comparison.... So responsive and compassionate. I felt that she [nurse] was with me every step of the way. She made the experience manageable and easy to navigate. Any and all of my questions and concerns were answered within 24 hours, usually less. My insurance gave me a hard time and she helped me with that. Cannot say enough good things about Beth!
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
You are so fortunate to be working with such a fantastic doctor.
Dr. Kaser took the time to explain the process and answer all my questions no matter how trivial. He was personable, had a great sense of humor throughout the process and I knew that he genuinely cared.
Protocol was a PCOS specific protocol which resulted in the greatest number of viable embryos at day 5 from a retrieval.
Amazing!!!! So responsive and compassionate. I felt that she was with me every step of the way. She made the experience manageable and easy to navigate. Any and all of my questions and concerns were answered within 24 hours, usually less. My insurance gave me a hard time and she helped me with that. Cannot say enough good things about Beth!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Friendly, pleasant, personable. All staff is friendly and accommodating. RMA of NJ, Marlton sets a very high bar, they make every other clinic experience I have had look poor by comparison. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
easy, quick, usually no wait
approximately $2,500 out of pocket and well worth every penny!!!!
Very thankful that he advised only a single embryo transfer given the higher risk for complications for multiple embryo transfers.
Marlton

Found Dr. Kaser to be extremely involved with my case. When things weren’t going well he stopped all other clinicians from doing any testing and did it all himself even if it meant him coming to work at 6am just to see me. I found him to be genuinely disappointed when I was and really felt my pain through the process...He was super genuine and explained everything well. I would have liked to see him more frequently but that ended up happening when my case became more complex. He was good about returning phone calls and never rushed through the conversations.
I never waited long [for monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey]. I got there when they opened and was seen quickly for bloodwork and then for an ultrasound. I was often in and out in about 10 minutes...Clinic was fairly small but I liked that i got to know everyone by first name. They asked how i was, including the receptionist. They start to become familiar when you’re there a lot. They opened a new clinic in the middle of the process that was more updated and new, but with the same people. They were organized, easy to talk to
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
If you are the type of person that needs all of info up front, ask for it. They only give you as much as you need unless you ask for more.
For retrieval, gonal f, cetrotide, low dose hcg For transfer progesterone suppositories
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa katzmann)
My nurse was awesome. Always responded with emails and quickly. She was a great connection throughout process
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I never waited long. I got there when they opened and was seen quickly for bloodwork and then for an ultrasound. I was often in and out in about 10 minutes
Storage of frozen embryos and anything related to genetic testing as well as medication copays
I had some complications with my first pregnancy so he would only implant one as it was safest for me and baby
Hamilton
I ended up having 9 unsuccessful IUIs with and without medication. For the first I took Clomid and overreacted and had to skip the cycle - I was very upset but Dr. Kaser convinced me to stay positive and continue and was prepared with a plan for the next cycle. After that we tried several "natural" cycles, which also failed. Then Dr. Kaser recommended trying injectable medications...convinced me that I would have much better chances with IVF. I completely trusted him and went forward with the egg retrieval cycle which was successful and frozen embryo transfer - also successful!
The morning monitoring [at RMA of New Jersey] went smoothly on almost all occasions. Even when the waiting room was full I rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes or so...When I switched to IVF my insurance did not cover it and I paid a lump sum for all associated visits and the procedure itself. It was around $20,000 I think. Then I paid an additional lump sum for the FET cycle of around $4,000 which again included monitoring...Overall the clinic is professional but caring and a comfortable place for patients.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kaser is the best doctor I have ever had and though this was a difficult journey, he made me feel cared for and supported throughout. I never felt he was giving up hope and that is what kept me strong and positive. He was great at communicating and explaining what was happening and what to expect. He was encouraging and caring and really made me feel special - not like just another patient. He was extremely competent and knew how to answer all my questions. I felt comfortable with him through every procedure. When things didn't go well he took the time to call me himself and explain in detail and listen to my concerns.
To trust him and not give up if treatment takes longer than expected.
Everyone in the office was so caring and supportive throughout. It was clear that they care about the patients and making sure they stay positive through a difficult time. Not only the doctor, but the nurses, assistants, and administrative staff all made me feel this way. I couldn't have chosen a better place for this treatment
I started without knowing I had any infertility issues with high prospects that I would become pregnant quickly. I ended up having 9 unsuccessful IUIs with and without medication. For the first I took Clomid and overreacted and had to skip the cycle - I was very upset but Dr. Kaser convinced me to stay positive and continue and was prepared with a plan for the next cycle. After that we tried several "natural" cycles, which also failed. Then Dr. Kaser recommended trying injectable medications. Once I did have a positive pregnancy test, but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. It was very difficult to get through, but again Dr. Kaser encouraged me not to give up. After a few more unsuccessful IUIs (my insurance did not cover IVF which is why I tried to avoid it), Dr Kaser convinced me that I would have much better chances with IVF. I completely trusted him and went forward with the egg retrieval cycle which was successful and frozen embryo transfer - also successful! I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I feel even though it took well over a year for me to get pregnant, Dr. Kaser did whatever he could to make it happen while taking my concerns into account. I know if I went with IVF sooner it wouldn't have taken so long but it was a process I had to go through before understanding that was the best (maybe only) option. Dr. Kaser was patient and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth Harley)
Beth was incredible - she was so caring and supportive. she expressed her emotions openly and was sad when things didn't work out and genuinely happy when they did. I know she honestly cared about me. She was also very good with helping me with injections and I had a fear of needles
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall the clinic is professional but caring and a comfortable place for patients. The location was not convenient considering how often I had to visit, but it was worth the extra travel. They could not perform certain procedures at the clinic and I had to travel quite a distance to another facility on those occasions. There will be a new office opening soon so I don't think this will be an issue anymore.
The morning monitoring went smoothly on almost all occasions. Even when the waiting room was full I rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes or so.
My insurance covered the IUIs and regular appointments, monitoring, and lab work. I had a $40 copay. When I switched to IVF my insurance did not cover it and I paid a lump sum for all associated visits and the procedure itself. It was around $20,000 I think. Then I paid an additional lump sum for the FET cycle of around $4,000 which again included monitoring. I also had to pay for the medications during the IVF cycle. I am not sure what the total cost was but it was more than $2000.
Dr. Kaser insisted it was best to transfer a single embryo even though I was unsure and thought maybe it would give me better chances to transfer 2. He said that multiples create more risk and woman are really meant to have 1 at a time. I am glad he insisted and I trusted him so much that I agreed.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kaser is genuinely compassionate. He is not just a good doctor but a very decent human. A lot of doctors are good but only a few are naturally empathetic. He also does not have an ego and listens to the patient and assess their comfort level before blindly recommending tretments. He is super flexible, alters the treatments depending on how you respond...Most doctors are talented but only a few can put people at ease and make them.feel heard. Dr. Kaser has that ability naturally.
The clinic [RMA of Northern California] has 3 doctors. A patient will be routinely seen by all 3 for their u/s and even the retrieval procedures. My primary communication was with Dr.Kaser but the other two were also good. The biggest plus is their spruce texting app. It is so easy to reach the doctors in this clinic, all it takes is a single text and you get a response immediately...Had different nurses. All were good and quick. I really liked that i didnt have to wait too long for my blood works or ultrasounds.
None actually.
Dr. Kaser is very compassionate. He cares and it shows. Any illness is hard, especially infertility. It is definitely good to have a caring doctor. Most doctors are talented but only a few can put people at ease and make them.feel heard. Dr. Kaser has that ability naturally.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic has 3 doctors. A patient will be routinely seen by all 3 for their u/s and even the retrieval procedures. My primary communication was with Dr.Kaser but the other two were also good. The biggest plus is their spruce texting app. It is so easy to reach the doctors in this clinic, all it takes is a single text and you get a response immediately. It was very hard for me to reach my doctor in my other clinics. Here there is complete access to the doctors, which is amazing.
Have not reached that stage yet.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Kaser really surprised me. His bedside manner is wonderful. I never felt like a number, but always a human being, whom he truly cared about. His balance of sensitivity and intelligence is unlike I've ever seen. He's a very special doctor and has given me the confidence to give this a try, despite being considered 'too old' according to other doctors I have previously consulted with.
Very organized. A well-oiled machine. I had to get involved with the insurance a little more than expected, but the finance team came through on completing everything.... [Nurse] Great at communicating. Very responsive via email.... Dr. Kaser is empathetic, smart, and driven to succeed. He lets his heart lead rather than the numbers. This really matters -- having someone in your corner.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kaser is empathetic, smart, and driven to succeed. He lets his heart lead rather than the numbers. This really matters -- having someone in your corner. He's personable and answers all your questions without hesitation or annoyance. He's an amazing doctor. Don't let his compassion make you think he isn't exceptional with the numbers -- he's gifted on all levels.
Be honest and open. You can trust him completely.
I'm approaching the start of my first cycle. I've been in for several rounds of bloodwork and ultrasounds. My meds include estrace, follium, menopur, ganirelix, lupron.
Great at communicating. Very responsive via email.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very organized. A well-oiled machine. I had to get involved with the insurance a little more than expected, but the finance team came through on completing everything. The insurance still denied me coverage. I haven't tried a lot of clinics, but I feel very comfortable at RMA. Dr. Kaser is the real reason I'm here.
Not sure where it's all going to land. Between $15,000 -- $20,000 since insurance isn't covering it.
Marlton

Dr. Kaser met with us for almost two full hours on our first visit. He is monitoring our current IVF cycle from NJ (we live in PA). He has called on several occasions to check-in, see if we have any questions and touch-base about any upcoming changes. I can't express enough how professional and thorough he has been with us.
The clinic [RMANJ-Hamilton] itself is a bit of a 'hole in the wall'. It is small, but I wouldn't let this put you off. So far our paperwork has been handled well, and all of our concerns have been addressed in a very timely manner.... Jennifer [a nurse] is really well organized and on top of everything. She has been really helpful in coordinating our treatment and has been really kind and pleasant on the phone.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be deceived by the look of the Hamilton office. It seems a little bit like a hole in the wall, but don't worry.
We met with Dr. Kaser after a failed IVF with another RMA clinic. He was warm and friendly, but matter-of-fact and really detail oriented. He is incredibly professional and (while I'm not a doctor) really seems very competent. He was balanced in his assessment and reviewed all possible options with us. We really liked him immediately and felt very comfortable.
Waiting for this at the moment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer is really well organized and on top of everything. She has been really helpful in coordinating our treatment and has been really kind and pleasant on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic itself is a bit of a 'hole in the wall'. It is small, but I wouldn't let this put you off. So far our paperwork has been handled well, and all of our concerns have been addressed in a very timely manner.
Not sure yet... there are a couple variables in play. Most likely between $20,000 - $40,000.
RMA in general prefers frozen, single embryo transfers and cites this as best practice.

2020 - 2021, Successful
You are in great hands...Dr. Kaser is the most compassionate, patient, warm and supportive physician I have ever met and I have been seen by a lot of physicians in my life. He never made us feel rushed and we never felt like just another couple trying to conceive. He is incredibly empathetic and we felt seen. I have anxiety and I ask a lot of questions, some of them are silly and redundant but he answered every one of them to my satisfaction. We felt we were in great hands.
$50,000 for two retrievals, one transfer and one surgical procedure not related to retrievals [at RMA of Northern California]...The clinic is run very well and everyone from the front desk to the physicians are very compassionate and kind. Everyone knew my name and I felt like I was part of a big family...Dr. Kaser does not do multiple embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
He is warm, compassionate, empathetic, supportive and a stellar physician. He is awesome and made us felt taken care of. He held our hands through a very unpredictable and grueling process of infertility treatment. He was quick to respond to our messages through Spruce and made himself accessible.
You are going to love him! You are in great hands!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is the leading research based fertility clinic with the highest delivery rates for any age group. The clinic is run very well and everyone from the front desk to the physicians are very compassionate and kind. Everyone knew my name and I felt like I was part of a big family.
$50,000 for two retrievals, one transfer and one surgical procedure not related to retrievals.
Dr. Kaser does not do multiple embryo transfer.
San Francisco

He [Dr. Kaser] is amazing, truly the most kind, compassionate, personal doctor I’ve ever met. I never once felt like a number...There are not enough words to describe our gratitude and appreciation for Dr. Kaser. He so warm and caring. Emotionally, going through IVf was very difficult for me. He was incredibly supportive, responsive (answers emails and phone calls so quickly), and just overall amazing. He is really the best!
Financial department [at RMA] is a little difficult to work with-sometimes for varying messages-but otherwise no complaints. The Marlton office is small and everyone there is great. It’s very personalized care...Efficient and fast. I was normally in and out in 15 minutes or less...[Nursing Staff] So, so wonderful! Beth is patient and warm and encouraging too. Jill, the other nurse in Marlton, is also wonderful!
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
He makes such a hard and emotional experience as easy as it can be.
He is amazing, truly the most kind, compassionate, personal doctor I’ve ever met. I never once felt like a number.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Financial department is a little difficult to work with-sometimes for varying messages-but otherwise no complaints. The Marlton office is small and everyone there is great. It’s very personalized care.
Efficient and fast. I was normally in and out in 15 minutes or less.
Mostly covered by insurance.
He encouraged me to only transfer one embryo. We talked about it in detailed and agreed it was the best decision for my first transfer.

2020, Unsuccessful
I only see Dr. Kaser once during the treatment phase, and the other doctors I have seen during the ultrasound never answered my question. Whenever I asked a question, the doctor would say " Dr. Kaser will explain". However, Dr. Kaser rarely answer my questions delicately, and the communication channel is very limited....
During the whole process of IVF in this clinic, I do not feel I am getting personalized treatment. Both my parter and I feel like we are treated by a computer machine, and no human behind to analysis our case. The doctors do not listen to our concerns or consider our suggestions based on our own experience...The nurse only communicated through Spruce of the medications to take, and never send me ultrasound results until I asked for.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
I met with Dr. Kaser during the consultation for one hour. Dr. Kaser seemed very professional that time, but kind of pushy for us to start right away after the consultation. After the consultation, there was no explaining of our bloodwork results, whether good or bad. And during the whole treatment, I only saw Dr. Kaser once, and the other doctors I have seen during the morning monitoring did not answer my question as they said “Dr. Kaser will have a plan”. So I tried to use spruce for more answers e..g why my eggs is not consistently growing, and whether we should reduce the dose or change protocol based on the results. Dr. Kaser never get back to me with any explanation. I was very frustrated as I thought this clinic should be good based on the reviews. It turns out the complete opposite way, so I doubted that those reviewed may be fake by friends or employees. After the egg retrieval, Dr. Kaser never share the results with me until I asked.
I would advise Dr. Kaser listens to his patients, and pay more attention to each case, instead of treat every patient like a number, as it is a very important decision for each patient who decides to go through IVF.
There was no strategy or rational explained by Dr. Kaser. It was my first time IVF, only the nurse communicated what doses of medications through Spruce.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Addie)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
For a new patient, my advise is to do more research on fertility IQ and have more consultations prior deciding to go with RMA. If a doctor give you a protocol, please make sure to ask the rational and what's their strategy instead of been treated like a number. The reviews online can be fake.
I only had 4 early monitoring, and twice with another doctor, once with Dr. Kaser, and once with a nurse. Overall, it is on time, but I do not feel like they care about me.
This is through insurance and almost all covered.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
Silicon Valley
Dr Kaiser [Kaser] takes time to go over every fine detail. He always made me feel like i was his most important person at the time of my appointment. He always followed through with what he said. I always left my visit confident with a plan and all my questions answered. ... Dr. Kaiser had the best bedside manner of any physician i have ever dealt with. He always took time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed or disregarded. ...
RMA is the best in South Jersey! I have seen other fertility clinics that did not take the time that RMA took to build our family. RMA was always available to answer my questions and keep me informed of what the next steps would be. I always felt comfortable and was never rushed out. ... I always got a call when they said they would. I was never left waiting or wondering what my next plan of action would be.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Kaiser takes time to go over every fine detail. He always made me feel like i was his most important person at the time of my appointment. He always followed through with what he said. I always left my visit confident with a plan and all my questions answered.
Don't look anywhere else. You have found the best physician. Listen to his instructions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
Marlton

Dr. Kaser and his team (other nurses and doctors at the hospital) were very pleasant and responsive...Dr. Kaser was very clear in communication, pleasant and responsive. My questions were often answered with responses based on attached research articles which was impressive. I had a very positive overall experience...There's a great deal of uncertainty at several steps in the process and even with pleasant hospital interactions, the process can be an emotional rollercoaster. While medical science has greatly advanced, there's a lot of variation between women and a great deal of why patients respond differently is unknown. It'd be good to factor this in while deciding when to undergo the procedure, in terms of the emotional bandwidth needed.
I think the clinic [RMA of Northern California] is quite good. There's high transparency and science based communication. The staff is very friendly. I had several detailed questions that were met with timely responses. I'd want a new patient to know, however, that regardless of the clinic, egg retrievals can be emotionally stressful given the high uncertainties involved...The nursing staff was very pleasant...Dr. Kaser and his team (other nurses and doctors at the hospital) were very pleasant and responsive.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
This is not specifically directed to Dr. Kaser, but a point in general for women wanting to undergo this. There's a great deal of uncertainty at several steps in the process and even with pleasant hospital interactions, the process can be an emotional rollercoaster. While medical science has greatly advanced, there's a lot of variation between women and a great deal of why patients respond differently is unknown. It'd be good to factor this in while deciding when to undergo the procedure, in terms of the emotional bandwidth needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff was very pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I think the clinic is quite good. There's high transparency and science based communication. The staff is very friendly. I had several detailed questions that were met with timely responses. I'd want a new patient to know, however, that regardless of the clinic, egg retrievals can be emotionally stressful given the high uncertainties involved.