Medical SchoolNew York Med Col
516-358-6363
2500 Nesconset Highway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
631-331-7575
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Kenigsberg to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Long Island IVF to a friend?
he [Dr. Daniel Keningsberg] was very matter-of-fact in explaining my failed results and lacked empathy in his recommendation on how we should proceed...does not come across as warm and compassionate at the initial consultation. If this is your only interaction with him, you will miss out on his openness and availability...was open to address our specific concerns and make accommodations. He made himself available to answer our questions when requested and made it clear he would always get back to us if we had any more questions or concerns
How was your experience with Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF?
Dr. Kenigsberg does not come across as warm and compassionate at the initial consultation. If this is your only interaction with him, you will miss out on his openness and availability. Dr. Kenigsberg was open to address our specific concerns and make accommodations. He made himself available to answer our questions when requested and made it clear he would always get back to us if we had any more questions or concerns. However, he was very matter-of-fact in explaining my failed results and lacked empathy in his recommendation on how we should proceed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF?
Request his email. He will get back to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF?
The nurses at the Stonybrook Clinic and the Patchogue Clinic were very friendly. Dr. Kenigsberg made himself available to answer my questions when requested.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kenigsberg used in your cycles at Long Island IVF and their degree of success.
IVF Lupron 20units (27 days), Gonal F/Follistim 450iu (15 days), Ovidrel Trigger (On day 28), Doxycycline (5 days prior to egg retrieval). Results: 10 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 2 fertilized, 0 Blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
I was assigned a nurse, but I never met her. I only had a couple calls with her in the beginning to get all the paperwork and my schedule set. The nurses I met and interacted with at the Stonybrook and Patchogue locations were all friendly. Diane and Jessica were standouts, both very nice and compassionate. Sharon the PA was amazing! She was very helpful, compassionate and explained everything completely.
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
Strengths: Most of the offices are small because they have 6 locations. I believe this minimizes the patient numbers per office. Never had a long wait time for appointments or monitoring. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Weaknesses: Didn't see my doctor after initial consultation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Long Island IVF.
Please see previous comments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF.
Set price for Freeze-All IVF w/ PGS testing: $17K+, + Anesthesia $600 (Paid to outside practice), + Medication costs. Was refunded some since never made it to PGS testing or transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Long Island IVF?
Stony Brook
Very nice. Knowledgeable but you don’t see the doctors much during the treatment. Especially for IUIs. Only nurse practitioner do that procedure. If you call doctor Kenigsberg he will get back to you and answer any questions....Straight to the point person Experienced Knowledgeable Will answer all questions Does focus on egg donor when over 40...I do wish the doctor would be more involved...IUI with clomid, trigger shot Iui with follistim,
How was your experience with Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF?
Very large office. After initial consultation you speak with a nurse who coordinates care. Never th doctor. You go for morning monitoring & a random nurse calls with your instructions
IUI with clomid, trigger shot Iui with follistim, trigger shot Egg retrieval with follistim, menopur, Ganirelix, trigger Transfer with progesterone oil & inserts, low does aspirin, antibiotic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sharon Hoey)
Sharon Hoey was the best. Walked me through all steps. Was available for questions. Extremely caring and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
Friendly knowledgeable staff. You will get to know your designated nurse better than the actual doctor. I do wish the doctor would be more involved. Very large facility,convenient locations. You need to be on top of your medications as nurses will not renew automatically
2011
I loved Dr Kennigsberg. When I met him, I knew immediately that he was the one that would be able to get me pregnant. I had two prior not so great experiences with other doctors and was losing faith. All restored when meeting him...i was started out on birth control so they could "control" my ovulation. I don't recall the names of the 2 injectables that I used. I believe I injected for 10-14 days. There was an hcg shot and 2 progesterone injects. 12 hours after my hcg I had my eggs retrieved. I was getting bloodwork and ultrasounds during this process. I had a 5 day transfer and was using progesterone vaginal suppositories until my 9th week of pregnancy .
2011
Have faith!
The office assigns you a consultant. Mine was an NP, whom I had access to whenever needed. When seeing dr kennigsberg, he was always friendly and kind. I didn't get the feeling that his office was an assembly line.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember the NPs name)
I loved Jackie...she did all my bloodwork. I was given a calendar by my NP with my schedule so I knew what to expect. I loved that.
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
They were great. Very organized, friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Long Island IVF.
It was done at my convenience due to my work hours. I never saw other people waiting or felt like I wasn't the only patient there.
12,000 all included.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Kenigsberg is calm, honest, and patient. He was described to me as being more "conservative" than other doctors at the same clinic, however this was exactly what we needed during our time with him....Dr. Kenigsburg is patient and kind, but direct and honest. He was a good match for our needs...We were planning on using donor eggs. We did not ultimately end up going down this route, however all of the options and risk to benefit ratio were outlined to us clearly prior to starting treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF?
Ask honest and open questions - he will respond to your concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sharon)
Kind and compassionate. Sometimes hard to get a hold of, but still able to obtain responses in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
Quiet office. Good hours for those who need to work. Friendly staff
I don't recall specifically
Describe Daniel Kenigsberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Long Island IVF.
My inference was Dr. Kenigsberg had a strong preference for single embryo transfer
Stony Brook
He [Dr. Kenigsberg] seemed knowledgeable and very nice the 2 times that I saw him...But never really saw Dr K. He would call the nurses to go over instructions and they in turn would call you.
How was your experience with Daniel Kenigsberg at Long Island IVF?
He seemed knowledgeable and very nice the 2 times that I saw him. One was the first consultation and the second was at the hospital were he performed an HSG. Otherwise only dealt wi th nurses.
Get to know your nurses ..they will be your link to your dr
The nurses were very good and treated you like a person and not just a number. But never really saw dr K. He would call the nurses to go over instructions and they in turn would call you