Strongly recommend: 98%Neutral: 2%10

Columbia
Columbia

Daniel Kort works at

123 W. 79th St

[Dr. Daniel Kort is a] Very nice doctor. We knew our chances were low being an older couple, but this was glossed over a bit when we tried to get right into the details. We learnt about PgS testing from this doctor. Even after several meetings though it was hard to really see a clear course...very mild mannered and soft spoken...Doctor could have been stronger in personality and provide clearer information. We were not getting ‘sold’ though which was good
$15,000 per cycle plus extras [at Neway Medical]...they do natural cycles at this clinic...Very beautiful. Front desk staff lovely. Onsite operating rooms. Seemed upscale. Doctor could have been stronger in personality and provide clearer information. We were not getting ‘sold’ though which was good...I only did a saline ultrasound and bloodwork with this doctor...We knew our chances were low being an older couple, but this was glossed over a bit when we tried to get right into the details. We learnt about PgS testing from this doctor. Even after several meetings though it was hard to really see a clear course
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Know your research before you go in
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort was very mild mannered and soft spoken.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
I only did a saline ultrasound and bloodwork with this doctor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Beata)
Very sweet and provided all information I needed
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.
$15,000 per cycle plus extras
Describe Daniel Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
We did not get this far, but they do natural cycles at this clinic
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort took his time to answer all of my questions, and I never felt rushed when meeting with him. He listened carefully and provided answers to all of my questions. There were times where the rates of success were scary, and he used a lot of statistics and research when answering questions, but I really appreciated that...Dr. Kort had a preference for a single embryo transfer due to my history, but after the first failed frozen embryo transfer, he was open to transferring two embryos - while cautioning about risks
The staff [at Neway Medical] knew my name after seeing me once or twice at the clinic, everyone was very warm and took their time to answer my questions...Shameeka [nurse] was amazingly compassionate and answered all my questions. She sent regular instructions after each visit. There were times that the instructions were different than what had been discussed with the Doctor, but she responded quickly to any questions I had about instructions.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
He will answer all questions thoroughly, make sure you take great notes!
The staff knew my name after seeing me once or twice at the clinic, everyone was very warm and took their time to answer my questions. I was also provided with options.
We started with a cycle in which we made sure everything was ok, and this included a saline infusion sonohysterogram. Dr. Kort used estrogen pills x3 a day and cited the risk of ovulating if less pills were used. He also preferred to use progesterone oil, intramuscular shots, and cited evidence that it was slightly more effective and easier to test in the body if anything were to go wrong. At 7 weeks, he allowed me to switch to progesterone vaginal inserts, stating that the body would also start producing progesterone around this time. There were 7 frozen embryos and we decided not to test them as I had a live birth that resulted from this cohort of embryos. The first frozen transfer failed. He wanted to use the same regimen, but I asked to lower the estrogen due to my sensitivity to medications and my knowledge that high levels of estrogen could impact cycles. He again explained why he preferred to use estrogen three times a day, but we lowered the estrogen to two due to my request. All other protocols remained the same and the second frozen embryo transfer was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka Toro )
Shameeka was amazingly compassionate and answered all my questions. She sent regular instructions after each visit. There were times that the instructions were different than what had been discussed with the Doctor, but she responded quickly to any questions I had about instructions. She always remembered me and my name, asked about my child, and encouraged me when things seemed to be getting hard in the process.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Tania was the person that managed my case throughout my time there and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her. She walked me through every step, made sure I understood what was covered, checked in on me when she saw me and even stepped in to take my blood sample when things were backed up. She handled my case from beginning to end and I really appreciated her for it. Clear, caring, understanding and on top of things.
I am unable to remember components, but my insurance covered a lot of my treatment, and I had copays and limits that had to be met. I was always offered options for payment and was not forced to make payments same day, always being allowed to pay when I was ready. Overall, clinic costs were probably around 3k, due to my insurance coverage.
Dr. Kort had a preference for a single embryo transfer due to my history, but after the first failed frozen embryo transfer, he was open to transferring two embryos - while cautioning about risks. He was conservative and so was I.
What specific things went wrong at Neway Medical?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
I addressed the discrepancy of instructions at times, which were quickly addressed and resolved. These instructions were about changes to protocol or general information after an FET.