Strongly recommend: 98%Neutral: 2%10

Columbia

Daniel Kort works at

123 W. 79th St

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort is deeply knowledgeable and very empathetic...His approach is very hands-on in that one sees him at every ultrasound appointment and he performs the retrieval, transfer process etc himself. He is also extremely accessible and never rushes through an appointment, taking the time to answer all questions and ensuring one is super comfortable with the process and what's going on. He ensured to modify the treatment to best suit my needs to maximize success...
The doctor and nursing staff [at Neway Medical] were wonderful. The clinic is clean, well maintained and welcoming. The billing staff is challenging to get a hold of. If any of you r procedures involve anesthesia, be aware that the provider may not be covered by your insurance so ensure to check this...They [nurses] were patient with all the follow up questions I had and always ensured to get back to me on any inquiries I sent in via the portal. It was great to have them as an additional resource and I felt supported and cared for the whole time I was at Neway.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort is deeply knowledgeable and very empathetic - which is a wonderful combination when going through something as challenging as fertility treatment. His approach is very hands-on in that one sees him at every ultrasound appointment and he performs the retrieval, transfer process etc himself. He is also extremely accessible and never rushes through an appointment, taking the time to answer all questions and ensuring one is super comfortable with the process and what's going on. He ensured to modify the treatment to best suit my needs to maximize success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Fertility treatment is such a challenge - ask all the questions you have, no matter how trivial they seem!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort was patient, kind, knowledgeable and very thorough. He portrayed a deep sense of personal investment in the success of my treatment.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
We had one (successful!) IVF cycle that included a mock transfer, ERA while we waited for the genetic testing results followed by a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Seon Joon Kim and Shameeka Toro)
Shameeka and Seon were absolutely wonderful! Super responsive, knowledgeable and compassionate. They were patient with all the follow up questions I had and always ensured to get back to me on any inquiries I sent in via the portal. It was great to have them as an additional resource and I felt supported and cared for the whole time I was at Neway.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The doctor and nursing staff were wonderful. The clinic is clean, well maintained and welcoming. The billing staff is challenging to get a hold of. If any of you r procedures involve anesthesia, be aware that the provider may not be covered by your insurance so ensure to check this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.
$10-15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
The front desk at the clinic was supposed to send my paperwork over to the OB/GYN following my getting pregnant. This did not happen despite a few follow ups. They also failed to inform me that the anesthesiologist had changed their insurance coverage, and that the anesthesia process was no longer covered by my particular provider (BCBS Empire).

2022, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kort is easily the most kind and warm doctor I have even encountered (I am in healthcare and work with doctors on a daily basis). His bedside manor is something I have never seen and he is hands on - email, text, phone calls...does everything himself; he knows your name and your details without consulting your chart. He is personally vested in your (and your partner) outcome and results. He has the right combination of optimism and realistic expectations...
nursing and staff [at Neway Medical] is next level! From Seon Joon (tending to my needs very warmly and patiently in the OR), Angelica (upbeat friendly smile with blood draws and she is a PRP "liquid gold" master), Shameeka (high energy, can always make you laugh during emotional times!) and the entire team...For monitoring I would be in and out in under 15 minutes (and yes that includes seeing Dr Kort). Note if you wanted more time they would accommodate but with my job I needed this level of efficiency...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort does everything himself; he knows your name and your details without consulting your chart. He is personally vested in your (and your partner) outcome and results. He has the right combination of optimism and realistic expectations.
Look no further and visit with Dr. Kort. I had been to a clinic prior and during the summer attended another clinic due to travel logistics and Dr Kort is hands down the best fertility doctor I have met. He knows all the cutting edge options and is open minded to achieve your results. You are not a number and he cares. This is an emotional journey and you want Dr. Kort in your corner. I now travel over an hour for each appointment because no one compares to Dr. Kort. It is worth it!
Dr. Kort is easily the most kind and warm doctor I have even encountered (I am in healthcare and work with doctors on a daily basis). His bedside manor is something I have never seen and he is hands on - email, text, phone calls. He is easily the best doctor I have worked with!
I am older patient (43 yo) and my levels (FSH) are high (>15) indicating diminished ovarian reserve. I have naturally conceived twin boys at 34yo and have always been regular with my cycle and ovulation. Other doctors I visited were negative, made rude comments about my age and instantly said donor eggs. I wanted to at least try with my eggs. Given how elevated my levels were Dr Kort suggested we try natural (aka no medication). The first round he retrieved one egg, fertilized and made it to day 4. The second round we tried PRP. Dr Kort retrieved 1 egg, fertilized, frozen embryo and generic test are it is good!! The most recent round he retrieved 2 eggs, 1 was able to make it to blast and I am awaiting genetic results. Dr Kort understands my body and appreciates that no two patients are alike. He has a unique blend of being a wicked smart doctor (which is what you want) but also being a human!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
If I think Dr Kort is amazing his nursing and staff is next level! From Seon Joon (tending to my needs very warmly and patiently in the OR), Angelica (upbeat friendly smile with blood draws and she is a PRP "liquid gold" master), Shameeka (high energy, can always make you laugh during emotional times!) and the entire team! I simply love the entire team!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strengths: fast, efficient & accommodating. For monitoring I would be in and out in under 15 minutes (and yes that includes seeing Dr Kort). Note if you wanted more time they would accommodate but with my job I needed this level of efficiency Weakness: none.
My insurance doesn't cover IVF so it is expensive but compared to other NYC clinics Neway is reasonably priced. I do know Neway will take insurance if you are luck enough to have insurance that covers it!
Describe Daniel Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Please note I have had other friends with Dr Kort and he takes different approaches per the patient needs! He is AMAZING
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort always had a nice and professional manner. It was always nice to see him and I felt he was quick and thorough with enough time to answer any questions I had for him. I also saw him at each of my visits, unless it was just blood work, and this helped me feel comfortable and like more than a number to him...I felt closely monitored before retrievals and the embryo transfer...I wanted a single embryo transfer which Dr. Kort encouraged. If I wanted 2 embryos he would have asked me to see a specialist in high risk births...
They [nurses at Neway Medical] were all very nice and responded to my emails in a timely manner. They were organized and always got my blood pretty quick (I have tough veins sometimes)...they open at 7:30 and sometimes run late as an office. This seems to have improved from when I started. With the business office and insurance I would encourage proactively contacting them so you aren't surprised. Also, ordering medication from freedom fertility always takes longer than you think so give that time...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is a nice person and that comes through with every interaction. I also think he's really good at his job and always felt like I was getting the best care possible. I could also email the nurses if I had a question between appointments. I would recommend this practice to anyone looking.
None. Enjoy the process and good luck! For his office, reach out to the business department to make sure you're clear on what your insurance covers and what it doesn't. This is where most of my curveballs came from but they were minor compared to my overall experience.
I felt closely monitored before retrievals and the embryo transfer. If you work really early in the morning this might not be your clinic. They open at 7:30 and before retrievals I went in a couple times a week for blood and ultrasounds. Make sure the timing works for you. My process was pretty smooth so other than these check ins I don't remember specific strategies. I do remember feeling comfortable through it all. Plus, It worked and I'm currently pregnant after my first transfer!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
They were all very nice and responded to my emails in a timely manner. They were organized and always got my blood pretty quick (I have tough veins sometimes).
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Their strength is the care of the nurses and Dr. Kort. I don't know of any weaknesses, but they open at 7:30 and sometimes run late as an office. This seems to have improved from when I started. With the business office and insurance I would encourage proactively contacting them so you aren't surprised. Also, ordering medication from freedom fertility always takes longer than you think so give that time.
My co-pays were either $30 or $50, which can add up on the weeks you go in multiple times. The medications were mostly covered except for the progesterone shots at the end which were about $500 total. I forget how much the medications were before my embryo retrievals but there was some cost there.
I wanted a single embryo transfer which Dr. Kort encouraged. If I wanted 2 embryos he would have asked me to see a specialist in high risk births. More than 2 embryos and you'll need to find another facility. I don't believe they do that here.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr Kort always took the time to answer any questions, always took his time on exams and explained things clearly...He made the process as easy as possible with his expertise, bedside manner and techniques. Throughout my care I always felt he was doing what was best for me. He was always very responsive and available for any last minute questions...a few rounds of medicated cycles with letrozole trying to conceive. With Dr Kort’s guidance we then went to Ivf, had greater than 10 embryos that made it to day 5. Implanted one embryo which resulted in a early miscarriage, now pregnant after the second implantation...
The hours [at Neway Medical] were key for me being able to still work full time and undergo treatment. Scheduling was always a breeze and appointments were on time. Billing would also be transparent which was very helpful...The nursing staff was excellent and really showed compassion and comfort...Dr Kort always took the time to answer any questions, always took his time on exams and explained things clearly. Him and his staff were very involved and genuinely interested in our progress...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort has been an ideal doctor to go through such a stressful journey. He made the process as easy as possible with his expertise, bedside manner and techniques. Throughout my care I always felt he was doing what was best for me. He was always very responsive and available for any last minute questions. I have already recommend him to many friends and family members all who are also so grateful to have found such an outstanding doctor.
You will be in great hands; all options will be presented with you along with pros and cons of each.
I went through a few rounds of medicated cycles with letrozole trying to conceive. With Dr Kort’s guidance we then went to Ivf, had greater than 10 embryos that made it to day 5. Implanted one embryo which resulted in a early miscarriage, now pregnant after the second implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was excellent and really showed compassion and comfort.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The hours were key for me being able to still work full time and undergo treatment. Scheduling was always a breeze and appointments were on time. Billing would also be transparent which was very helpful.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort was very down to earth. I never felt rushed. He always explained everything in great detail...He always was on time for each appointment which was important as I work full time and always made sure to answer all of our questions and cover all of our concerns...really like Dr. Kort not only for his knowledge and our great outcomes but also for his bedside manner...
I really like that the clinic [Neway Medical] was well organized and clean. The staff were always quick to respond wether it was when I called with concerns or when I contacted them thru the online portal. Overall, dealing with infertility is very stressful and the staff were very good about making me feel less anxious about the whole process...They [nurses] were very friendly and personable...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Both my husband and I really like Dr. Kort not only for his knowledge and our great outcomes but also for his bedside manner. He always was on time for each appointment which was important as I work full time and always made sure to answer all of our questions and cover all of our concerns.
Do not google just ask the doctor
We did day 5 frozen embryo transfer (we did pgs testing)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
They were very friendly and personable
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I really like that the clinic was well organized and clean. The staff were always quick to respond wether it was when I called with concerns or when I contacted them thru the online portal. Overall, dealing with infertility is very stressful and the staff were very good about making me feel less anxious about the whole process.
I do not remember my insurance covered a lot. I did pay 500 for anesthesia and some more for pgs testing
We did eSET

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Kort is kind and takes his time to answer questions and make you feel heard. He has an excellent bedside manner and makes you feel like a human. He will be honest with you about your chances, but at the same time makes you feel hopeful for the chances you do have at a successful pregnancy...Even though he sees so many patients he always made us feel like we were a priority...He did all of my scans, both of my retrievals, and my transfer...
Neway's strengths are having Dr Kort as a practitioner, getting individualized and personalized attention, and having amazing tech...the actual facility is a bit outdated...There were a few nursing miscommunications but they were resolved quickly...The Neway portal is really outdated and hard to use...With egg/blostocyst results post-retrieval I think getting the news about results should happen by phone call (not waiting for a portal alert with encrypted message)...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort is an excellent communicator who always makes himself available. Even though he sees so many patients he always made us feel like we were a priority. This means a lot, since trying to start a family feels like the most important thing in the world, and you want a Dr who makes you feel like he care about this life changing time too! Dr Kort is not only a great communicator but is empathetic, a good listener, and extremely knowledgeable in his field. I also loved that every time we went to Neway we got to see Dr Kort. He did all of my scans, both of my retrievals, and my transfer. Throughout the whole process I was treated as an individual; a human - and in turn this made me feel less anxious and more comfortable in the uncharted waters of infertility. While Dr Kort can't guarantee success, he set realistic expectations for us, explained every step of the process, and along the way answered our additional questions that popped up, and settled our anxieties when we felt uncertain. We could not have asked for a more wonderful Dr.
1.) The Neway portal is really outdated and hard to use. For example if a nurse sends a message in the portal, the patient cannot just respond to the message directly. The patient has to start a "new" message in the portal and so there is higher chances of miscommunication since both parties can't see a conversation thread. 2.) With egg/blostocyst results post-retrieval I think getting the news about results should happen by phone call (not waiting for a portal alert with encrypted message). There is so much emotion weighing on those results and patients are waiting with bated breath to find out, so a human element with these sorts of test results would be much appreciated!
Dr. Kort is kind and takes his time to answer questions and make you feel heard. He has an excellent bedside manner and makes you feel like a human. He will be honest with you about your chances, but at the same time makes you feel hopeful for the chances you do have at a successful pregnancy. He also allowed us to come in for more appointments than necessary (and didn't make us feel bad about it!) post transfer so we could have peace of mind that things were going okay. He's just an incredibly nice, smart, sincere person.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Shameeka was amazing! She kept us laughing and feeling good, especially on hard days like the retrieval days. Sun was also soo nice, and was really patient with answering additional or follow up questions we had about medication. The only negative or constructive feedback I have would be around the blood draws - the nurse who did the majority of my blood draws was really nice but may have been new at it..... I've had my blood drawn a lot and I have to say these were more painful blood draws than ive experienced anywhere else. A few visits when by chance I got a different nurse who was working on the blood draw floor it was so much less painful. It's not a huge deal obviously but when you're getting poked as much as you do during IVF, having an experienced Phlebotomist makes a big difference.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
To be totally honest 99.9% of what I care about is how good the Dr is and how good the technology is to help us achieve our goals of having a baby. The way a clinic looks etc is secondary. That said, Neway's strengths are having Dr Kort as a practitioner, getting individualized and personalized attention, and having amazing tech. If I had to find things about Neway to critique outside of treatment it would be that the actual facility is a bit outdated. But again, you don't seek fertility treatment because of how a waiting room looks!
Dr Kort helped us fight for coverage with our insurance for our first round of IVF. He even sent a personal email to a contact at our health insurance company stating why medically this was the approach we should take as a next step. Our second round of IVF we paid for out of pocket, however Dr Kort and the entire nursing staff really helped us out by assisting with getting us the most cost effective way to get the meds we needed (i.e. making sure we wouldn't have "waste" by calling in exactly what we needed, or when they had a few extra unused medications (leftover from other patients) giving us what they could to get us "started" and then we purchased the rest. It didn't save us a TON of money but it was certainly helpful since treatment is expensive).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
There were a few nursing miscommunications but they were resolved quickly!

2021 - 2022, Successful
I appreciated his [Dr. Kort] frank and caring manner. I really felt like he listened, and explained our options clearly and without high pressure. He explained our options and what he would recommend based on our goals and ages. He was a caring and thoughtful practitioner and explained why he recommended certain things or about steps in the IVF process..
All of the nurses at Neway are consummate professionals and caring individuals. I loved that they were happy to support LGBT+ couples/people about surrogacy...was so pleased with the ease of making appointments, asking questions via their patient portal and getting responses, treatment and billing questions answered...The balance and time and responsiveness when asking questions meant a lot, in person and using their portal system online...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I'm so glad that I found Neway and Dr. Kort. From the initial appointment, I appreciated his frank and caring manner. I really felt like he listened, and explained our options clearly and without high pressure. He explained our options and what he would recommend based on our goals and ages. He was a caring and thoughtful practitioner and explained why he recommended certain things or about steps in the IVF process. He was patient and created a good rapport with me and other patients and staff. I could tell he wanted successful outcomes and also was very honest about risk and what was best.
Ask all your questions and be honest about what your goals and any financial constraints are going into this.
I felt like the staff from the reception desk team to the nurses and Dr. Kort never made me feel like I was a number or a cog in a machine, even during some busy times where there were several patients. The balance and time and responsiveness when asking questions meant a lot, in person and using their portal system online.
After HSG was performed and no blockage found, based on my age and potential for unexplained infertility and/or possible PCOS, I prepared for an egg retrieval and then transfer of fertilized egg (by my partner's sperm) which is I think pretty classic IVF. I did injections to prepare for the retrieval and then a different set for transfer and first trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka)
All of the nurses at Neway are consummate professionals and caring individuals. I loved that they were happy to support LGBT+ couples/people about surrogacy and other issues and they were there to root patients on and be a shoulder to lean on through tough news and times and surging hormones.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I think early on while I was a patient there was a change in some staffing, but honestly I was so pleased with the ease of making appointments, asking questions via their patient portal and getting responses, treatment and billing questions answered.
The costs were reasonable. Early part of the process was confirming whether insurance covered any, some or all or up to what point. It's not cheap, but it was honestly handled somewhat better than with my current imaging/OBGYN for pregnancy.
I think Dr. Kort's approach is prudent regarding eSET.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Investment Banker
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
when I did a cycle with Dr.Kort, he pushed me just far enough and I experienced the difference through the results, i.e. the number of eggs retrieved...He was always very clear and effective about explaining the purpose and risks of each treatment. I had a somewhat complicated schedule with a lot of travel involved, but he was very flexible about trying to accommodate my requests...
The nurses [Neway Medical] were great. Always professional and efficient...a nice and cozy clinic, small in a good way, with a boutique feel. I always felt at home here. The nice thing was that I didn’t have to see new doctors and nurses all the time, and they were all familiar faces after a few visits and stated that way....
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr.Kort was an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to any friend. He was always very clear and effective about explaining the purpose and risks of each treatment. I had a somewhat complicated schedule with a lot of travel involved, but he was very flexible about trying to accommodate my requests. He is also a warm and caring person, and every part of my experience getting treated by him was pleasant.
Just know that you’re in good hands and relax, but if you do have any questions don’t hesitate to ask, as he will happily answer any question you have with great patience.
Dr.Kort was always very warm and caring. He was mindful about checking how I was feeling and always very nice about answering whatever questions I had.
I did one egg retrieval cycle with Dr.Kort, then froze the embryos after ICSI. After a few months interval I did the transfer procedure, also with Dr.Kort. I had done one egg retrieval cycle with another doctor, but I felt the other doctor was a bit too conservative about medication levels etc and I was not able to retrieve the number of eggs that I had expected. On the other hand when I did a cycle with Dr.Kort, he pushed me just far enough and I experienced the difference through the results, i.e. the number of eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nurses were great. Always professional and efficient.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
It was a nice and cozy clinic, small in a good way, with a boutique feel. I always felt at home here. The nice thing was that I didn’t have to see new doctors and nurses all the time, and they were all familiar faces after a few visits and stated that way.
Most costs were covered by insurance
He educated me on the difference and his preference was eSET at leas in my case. I’m happy about the judgment.

2020 - 2022, Successful
3 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kort is one of the best practitioners I have ever worked with. It's clear that he cares about his patients and I feel he goes above and beyond to help make his patients feel heard, seen, and at ease...took time to answer all of my questions, explained things on a level I could understand, and presented many options. He's very knowledgable and knew the medical literature very well...
[Neway Medical] Strengths are that it's a boutique-like clinic that made you feel seen as a person and not a number. It was easy enough to get an appointment. The one weakness is the billing department. It can be a bit more organized as the overall process is not cheap...[nurses are] Very nice, funny and helped out whenever we requested!...You were seen as a patient and not just as a number...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is one of the best practitioners I have ever worked with. It's clear that he cares about his patients and I feel he goes above and beyond to help make his patients feel heard, seen, and at ease. He is such a nice guy that took time to answer all of my questions, explained things on a level I could understand, and presented many options. He's very knowledgable and knew the medical literature very well.
Go see him. He is great and you will not regret choosing him for this journey.
Dr. Kort changed dosages when appropriate, performed a couple hysteroscopies to help clean up unwanted tissue to help with a more viable pregnancy.
Very nice, funny and helped out whenever we requested!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
It was great. You were seen as a patient and not just as a number.
$5000 per retrieval cycle?, $8000 for IVF cycle?, $1,200 for storage?
We only did eSET.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Throughout the whole IVF procedure, Dr. Kort explained the whole process very well and he was very kind all the time. Even though I am not a native speaker, It didn't matter. He explained everything in an easy way to understand. He is the best!...He prefers 'single embryo transfer', especially for PGS embryos...very nice and kind...He explained everything in an easy way to understand...
My nurse, Seon Kim [at Neway Medical] was super kind! Because she is a bilingual person who can speak both English and Korean, I could get information in Korean and it was very helpful...they have excellent and kind staff, nurses, and doctors. Moreover, the clinic facility is very clean and comfortable...He [Dr. Kort] explained everything in an easy way to understand. He is the best!...He prefers 'single embryo transfer', especially for PGS embryos....
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I strongly recommend getting IVF procedure from Dr. Kort! My first round of IVF was successful, and I am 10 weeks pregnant! Throughout the whole IVF procedure, Dr. Kort explained the whole process very well and he was very kind all the time. Even though I am not a native speaker, It didn't matter. He explained everything in an easy way to understand. He is the best!
He was very nice and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: seon Kim)
My nurse, Seon Kim was super kind! Because she is a bilingual person who can speak both English and Korean, I could get information in Korean and it was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I strongly recommend this clinic to everyone! they have excellent and kind staff, nurses, and doctors. Moreover, the clinic facility is very clean and comfortable. I would not think twice in referring all my family and friend.
My IVF procedure was covered by insurance, after getting authorization.
He prefers 'single embryo transfer', especially for PGS embryos.

2022, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kort was very patient...I tend to be very nervous and ask a lot of questions, so it was important to me that I was being treated by a doctor that was caring, knowledgeable, and patient. I was happy that I saw him at every visit, and I rarely felt rushed. I didn't feel like a "number." After the egg retrieval process, Dr. Kort was more than happy to follow up with me to make sure that I was recovering properly. Going through the egg retrieval process the first time was pretty scary, but Dr. Kort made me feel safe...
The clinic was friendly and accommodating. It was also very clean. I had no problems with any of my appointments there and the nurses were very nice. I wish the billing department was a little better though...Expect the nurses to do most of the communication (unless you email the doctor directly), and they can be hard to reach....Going through the egg retrieval process the first time was pretty scary, but Dr. Kort made me feel safe...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was the best. A colleague recommended this clinic to me. I tend to be very nervous and ask a lot of questions, so it was important to me that I was being treated by a doctor that was caring, knowledgeable, and patient. I was happy that I saw him at every visit, and I rarely felt rushed. I didn't feel like a "number." After the egg retrieval process, Dr. Kort was more than happy to follow up with me to make sure that I was recovering properly. Going through the egg retrieval process the first time was pretty scary, but Dr. Kort made me feel safe.
Dr. Kort was very patient
Very kind and helpful.

2022, Successful
Very approachable, kind, and professional. Dr. Daniel Kort gave us great support, understanding and love. He was also considering our work schedule and was willing to accommodate accordingly. I was relieved when he was able to meet us as early as 7am Daniel is always positive and gives confidence...All staff knew my name and addressed me by my name. They were also familiar with me...
The clinic [Neway Medical] is very nice and clean place. You always feel Calm when you there. The staff always welcoming you with a smile. The only weakness about the clinic is that is hard to find parking next to it during the week...The clinic staff was very professional and kinds. They all new my case and always accommodating as needed...All staff knew my name and addressed me by my name. They were also familiar with me...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
If needed, to go for a consultation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shamika)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is very nice and clean place. You always feel Calm when you there. The staff always welcoming you with a smile. The only weakness about the clinic is that is hard to find parking next to it during the week.
30K

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Kort is a wonderful doctor with a great bedside manner. As someone who works with doctors in healthcare, I can confidently say that not only is he knowledgeable and proactive, but he is also easy to talk to and very kind. He made sure we had all of our questions answered and even comforted me the during difficult moments (which did not happen with my previous doctor and most doctors in general). He was also able to answer some questions and fix some things my previous doctor didn’t detect. I could not recommend him enough!
I loved that Neway is a smaller clinic, it was always clean and organized, I never waited long and felt very comfortable there. They included my partner in everything and knew him by name too...Neway was a completely different experience in all of the right ways...I loved the nursing staff! There are two nurses and they were both so wonderful. I was able to communicate with them through an online portal or over the phone and was promptly answered.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
If you are looking for a more personal experience and a bit of hand holding on your fertility journey, this could be the right fit for you.
Dr. Kort and his entire team were very down to earth, warm and friendly throughout the process. Dr. Kort took the time to get to know my partner and I during a difficult time in our lives and was emotionally present for those conversations. Everyone at the clinic knew my name and I felt very comfortable under their care.
We did 2 rounds of embryo transfers after a full work up with Dr. Kort. There was some tissue remaining from a previous miscarriage and/or an occult septum and he removed that prior to the transfers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
I loved the nursing staff! There are two nurses and they were both so wonderful. I was able to communicate with them through an online portal or over the phone and was promptly answered. They were also just very kind, easy to talk to and super supportive along the way. Even the medical assistants and phlebotomists and front desk staff were all lovely to work with.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I loved that Neway is a smaller clinic, it was always clean and organized, I never waited long and felt very comfortable there. They included my partner in everything and knew him by name too! I also enjoyed the location as it was easy to get to as well. I can’t recommend it enough! I was at a very large practice before in another state and found myself feeling disconnected from my doctor and the entire clinic. Neway was a completely different experience in all of the right ways.
We had excellent insurance and it was very easy for us.
He was very professional and aimed to work with SART’s guidelines. He also took the time to explain them to my husband and I.

2021, Successful
[Dr. Kort is] Professional, knowledgable and instilled trust, very caring and really invested in helping me to achieve the best result. Was honest and balanced throughout- didn’t give false hope but also was encouraging and supportive...I felt that Neway provided personal care and attention. I was known by name by the staff across all teams. I felt the whole team were invested in helping support me in my IVF journey.
The only negative I encountered is an occasional lack of communication between different teams eg lab team and billing team. But there is only a couple of instances of this type of misalignment happening...I felt that Neway provided personal care and attention. I was known by name by the staff across all teams. I felt the whole team were invested in helping support me in my IVF journey.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Utilise and trust his knowledge and experience.
Helpful and supportive.
Overall I think I spent a total of around 30k-40k

2021, Successful
the protocol (Mild IVF) recommended by Dr. Kort was perfect for me, and I did better than we expected...their lab and their selection process is spot on. Out of two embryos they selected and transferred, one was our pregnancy. I didn't do genetic testing ahead of time, but my 12 week tests showed perfect genetic results...it was easy to reach the doctor, I saw him often and he was a pleasure to communicate with...
Lovely nursing staff [at Neway Medical]...Great nurses that take care of your pre and post procedure. The clinic could use better nurses who answer the phone calls...We prepaid for one cycle of IVF, it was around $12,000. Preliminary consultation , monitoring blood work, ultrasounds and drugs which was partially covered by my insurance, it was additional $2,500...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I came to Dr. Kort on the recommendation of my very good friend who had a fantastic experience with him. I came with some baggage, so I'm not speaking in vacuum when I'm recommending him. I previously had experience with three other doctors, and for one reason or the other I couldn't trust my IVF process to them: one horribly mismanaged my IUI which resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, one never gave enough information. I found other doctors not as knowledgeable, or their attitude and communication style poor, and once a clinic - really I'm not exaggerating - mismanaged. First of all, the protocol (Mild IVF) recommended by Dr. Kort was perfect for me, and I did better than we expected. I previously considered IVF at Cornell and they were planning to do regular IVF hoping for the same results. I was happy to inject less and feel less bloated and tired. It was really quite painless. Second of all, we became pregnant on the first try. So their lab and their selection process is spot on. Out of two embryos they selected and transferred, one was our pregnancy. I didn't do genetic testing ahead of time, but my 12 week tests showed perfect genetic results. And third of all, it was easy to reach the doctor, I saw him often and he was a pleasure to communicate with.
Relax and trust the process. And know that this clinic is great value for your money.
Dr. Kort has a fantastic bedside manner. He is very relaxed but focused which allows for you as a patient to also relax. The clinic itself was never crowded, I almost never had to wait, which is a huge plus. I also saw doctor at every checkup excluding blood work, it made me feel like he knew me and my case well.
I did mild IVF. I remember it was a mix of Clomid and several injections. I reached ovulation quite quickly on day 13. We used mild IVF instead of regular protocol due to my diminished ovarian reserve. He recommended fresh transfer as I was 41 and eager to get pregnant now.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Lovely nursing staff. I'd say that's the only area this clinic can work on. A nurse once sent me an information for preparing for retrieval that wasn't quite correct for my case. She sent me full anesthesia protocol, where I was only doing local. It's not a big deal at the end. Great nurses that take care of your pre and post procedure. The clinic could use better nurses who answer the phone calls.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Clinic is clean, modern, and not crowded. Prices are GREAT! I'd recommend a slightly better organization and communication between the nurses and from nurses to patients. Just ask again if you are not clear.
We prepaid for one cycle of IVF, it was around $12,000. Preliminary consultation , monitoring blood work, ultrasounds and drugs which was partially covered by my insurance, it was additional $2,500. (roughly as I don't remember specifically)
Dr. had strong preference for 2 embyos transferred instead of one because of my age and general probability of getting pregnant in my case. He was right.
Neway Medical

Every appt you have with him [Dr. Kort,] he makes sure you feel confident with what the next step will be. When he had to call me to give me bad news he took the time to help me understand...[he] is against transferring more then one embryo...He tried to be there for every ultrasound and he was the one that did both retrievals. This process is really hard and having a doctor that’s really kind and actually knows you as more then a name on his appt book makes a difference
They [Neway Medical nurses] are compassionate and knowledgeable. They get to know their patients and are there if you have any questions...They are reasonably priced. They have a 3 cycle package for around $18,000 which is cheaper then any other clinic in my area...My biggest issue was with the finance department. They make things up when they aren’t sure and never get back to you.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had a very good experience with Dr. Kort. Every appt you have with him he makes sure you feel confident with what the next step will be. When he had to call me to give me bad news he took the time to help me understand. I had doctors in the past that left me a Voicemail and then too busy to return my call. Dr. Kort did his best to stay with me throughout both cycles. He tried to be there for every ultrasound and he was the one that did both retrievals. This process is really hard and having a doctor that’s really kind and actually knows you as more then a name on his appt book makes a difference. We weren’t successful yet but I feel like he did the best he could.
Dr. Kort took the time to meet with us and come up with a plan. He was there for every step. When I went in for monitoring he was the one doing the Ultrasound. I didn’t have to wait to hear from the doctor later on. In my previous clinic I met the doctor once for 15 min and never saw him again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer C.)
The nursing staff were amazing. They are compassionate and knowledgeable. They get to know their patients and are there if you have any questions.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The one big problem this clinic has is the finance department. They really don’t have a clue what they are doing and they never get back to you. Even though I’m very pleased with the doctor and nurses I might not come because of the finance department. The stress of dealing with them made things worse for me.
Dr. Kort is against transferring more then one embryo.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I have never had such personalized care in our medical experience. Dr. Kort was scientifically thorough, exceptionally compassionate, patient, and fully committed to seeing us through every available option...was not only knowledgable and compassionate, but he showed exemplary humility in difficult situations and was not afraid to look deeper into an issue or seek an alternative opinion. He's a collaborative thinker, which is wonderful in this pursuit. He was a tireless advocate for our success.
The clinic [Newway Medical] is a friendly place to be during a challenging situation, in large part because of it's staff. It is nice to have doctors, nurses, and embryologists in once location, with a lab and storage facilities on site. The billing department could use some improvement. It is hard to get clarity around payments owed, which is stressful...Shameeka Toro, Jenifer Chin, and the entire nursing staff we worked with (Tanya, Anjelica, and Shareeka) were very caring and extremely competent. Shameeka & Jenifer were especially informed, up-to-speed, vibrant, positive, and and dedicated to our pursuit. They helped me and my partner understand the medications and process. And Shameeka is a wiz at dealing with insurance issues.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was not only knowledgable and compassionate, but he showed exemplary humility in difficult situations and was not afraid to look deeper into an issue or seek an alternative opinion. He's a collaborative thinker, which is wonderful in this pursuit. He was a tireless advocate for our success.
Feel free to be yourself and express concerns. Dr. Kort is open to complicated feelings and discussions.
3 medicated IUI's with Clomid & Ovidrel trigger. 2 egg retrievals after Folistim, Menopur, & Cetrotide, HCG trigger regimen. Prep for transfer with Eustrace & Progesterone in oil. 1 transfer attempted, but embryo not inserted due to complexities with cervix shape. 2 practice transfers following failed attempt, as a way to better understand shape of cervix and prepare for successful transfer. After clear map of cervix and updated strategy for transfer, 1 successful embryo transfer, and ensuing pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka Toro & Jenifer Chin)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is a friendly place to be during a challenging situation, in large part because of it's staff. It is nice to have doctors, nurses, and embryologists in once location, with a lab and storage facilities on site. The billing department could use some improvement. It is hard to get clarity around payments owed, which is stressful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Very rarely had to wait. Overall a well-organized process.
Estimated 12K out of pocket, not including medications.
We definitely feel the single embryo transfer was the way to go.
How competent was Neway Medical at LGBTQ care?
I would credit Neway's openness around LGBT care to Dr. Kort, with whom we worked with most often. The other doctors we encountered were polite and kind, but we're not sure what they're like to work with in this regard.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort worked with our donor and with a prior facility storing our donor's sperm.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I have ever worked with. Pursuing fertility treatment is an overwhelming process, and I consistently felt like he was a patient guide through the whole thing. He is incredibly responsive and remarkably patient in making sure you get the answers that you need...I would encourage any prospective patient to bite the bullet and make an appointment. I found signing up for a fertility consultation to be such a huge mental hurdle. It's definitely worth it -- and Dr. Kort will be a huge part of making that process less scary.
I primarily worked with [nurse] Jenifer during my time at Neway. Like Dr. Kort she was extremely responsive and increidbly compassionate. She responded to every email the same day -- and always had a solution to any problems that arose. That said, EVERYONE at Neway is on top of their game. I can't think of a single nurse or staffer that wasn't extremely kind -- while also being utterly professional.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Although we ultimately did not need to pursue either IUI or IVF, Dr. Kort ran a full battery of tests to help diagnose our fertility issue. I had a trouble with my first HSG, so much so that we were unable to successfully complete it the first time around. Dr. Kort found a work around so that the test could be given effectively a second time. As luck would have it, that may have worked. We're now expecting our first child.
While we did not ultimately need any treatment strategies, Dr. Kort did all the diagnostic testing, including an HSG and a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer Chin)
I primarily worked with Jenifer during my time at Neway. Like Dr. Kort she was extremely responsive and increidbly compassionate. She responded to every email the same day -- and always had a solution to any problems that arose. That said, EVERYONE at Neway is on top of their game. I can't think of a single nurse or staffer that wasn't extremely kind -- while also being utterly professional.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is super clean and well run -- something that is extremely important, but especially so during COVID-19. The online portal is also really easy to use and a great way to keep track of all our records.
Most of the bills were completely covered by insurance. The billing staff was more than happy to answer any questions.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos and since we also had genetic testing done, we felt very confident that transferring a single embryo would give us the best chance of a successful and healthy pregnancy...Not only is he extremely intelligent and professional, he is the most attentive, kind, and compassionate doctor I know. We felt completely safe in his care and trust him 110%. Because of Dr. Kort and his amazing team, we are currently pregnant with our first child and are already looking forward to working with them again as we continue to expand our family.
I love that Neway is a boutique practice with state-of-the-art technology. The care we received was so personalized and everyone, from the front-desk to the nurses and doctors, provided exemplary care and attention. And Dr. Kort was there every step of the way (performing every exam, every sonogram, every procedure) which really made us feel like we were in the best hands. I can not recommend Neway Fertility enough.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is incredible and we feel very grateful that we went through our IVF journey with him. Not only is he extremely intelligent and professional, he is the most attentive, kind, and compassionate doctor I know. We felt completely safe in his care and trust him 110%. Because of Dr. Kort and his amazing team, we are currently pregnant with our first child and are already looking forward to working with them again as we continue to expand our family.
Look no further than Dr. Kort. I couldn't imagine a better doctor.
- Received personalized care - Established a rapport with doctors/nurses and staff - Doctors/nurses showed genuine interest in my care and progress - Ease of communication
Due to my specific case of fibroids as well as having blocked tubes, it was clear that IVF was a necessity. We decided to proceed with two separate egg retrievals, followed by PGS testing of embryos which were frozen and stored. After having necessary surgery, we finally scheduled our first frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We scheduled our second FET the following month and we are happy to report that we are expecting our first child next year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen, as well as the entire nursing and medical staff (Seon, Shameeka, Tania, Ketevan, Anjelica) were phenomenal. I looked forward to every visit to the office because they really made it feel like I was being welcomed and taken care of by family. We couldn’t have asked for a better team.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs. I only had to co-pay for office visits, and paid out-of-pocket for PGS
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort is warm, empathetic, and down to Earth. He is also very clearly intelligent and passionate about his work. He was available to answer questions and always got back to me in the same day. He took the time to get to know me as a person and establish rapport. I never felt judged even when I had mixed feelings about the success of our IVF..
They [Neway Medical nurses] gave us extra demonstrations on administering the progesterone shots...They use a patient portal and everything can be done in there! They are a boutique clinic so each person there knows you by face and name! It’s Manhattan- there isn’t parking really nearby- we typically walked to our appointments but on the few times I drove, I knew to make sure to leave time to look for parking. There is some between Amsterdam and Broadway on 79th
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is warm, empathetic, and down to Earth. He is also very clearly intelligent and passionate about his work. He was available to answer questions and always got back to me in the same day. He took the time to get to know me as a person and establish rapport. I never felt judged even when I had mixed feelings about the success of our IVF! He personally sees his patients and managed their care. Dr. Kort is not intimidating and speaks to you like a peer. He was 100% accurate with all of his estimations and we owe him our success story! He also provided us with wonderful referrals to other providers. These other providers also had patient centered practices. Dr. Kort gave us realistic timelines and is willing to “fight” insurances for his patients. All of our requested treatments were covered due to his expertise! We were so lucky to find him and will come back to grow our family again in the future! I cried after my last appointment, as I’ve never felt so cared about in a doctors/clinics care.
Trust his analysis and treatment planning! You are in charge, and you made the right step in picking him as a doctor.
Dr. Kort and the NeWay team knew details about my life and asked me about my life. They knew my nickname and called me it, they knew my job situation, they asked my husband about his job, and they made appropriate jokes with us. They took the time to make sure we were comfortable with every step and did not use medical language with us. Dr. Kort and his team celebrated all of the happy milestones with us on and individual basis.
Dr. Kort reviewed our history and told us we could go forward with another IUI (or more) cycle, but knew we had tried for several years so he was also on board with going right to IVF. We formed our IVF plan- use my natural cycle before egg retrieval then- menopur, ganirelix, Lupron. Then egg retrieval and ICSI to form embryos. They grew until 5/6 days then were biopsied for PGS then frozen. Once I had a period, a few days later I went on Estradoil and awaited lining to rethicken and genetic results to come back. At that time we scheduled the transfer for the next week! We had the embryologist pick the embryo that was the strongest and that was the one transferred. It worked! Dr. Kort saw me until 9 weeks pregnant. First HCG blood monitoring and then weekly ultrasounds.
The nursing and medical team make NeWay a place you WANT to visit! They are warm, remember details about you, and make sure you get excellent care! They gave us extra demonstrations on administering the progesterone shots. They remembered I loved apple juice! They always had tape available versus bandaids, and knew which I preferred. They make appropriate jokes, call you by your preferred name, ask about your life and follow up later about it, and make small talk. They share in your excitement. When our transfer was successful, each member of our team called to say congrats individually! I genuinely am going to miss seeing them weekly/a few times a week. They made this experience something to look forward to and helped me feel confident that this is a manageable experience!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This clinic is organized! They use a patient portal and everything can be done in there! They are a boutique clinic so each person there knows you by face and name! It’s Manhattan- there isn’t parking really nearby- we typically walked to our appointments but on the few times I drove, I knew to make sure to leave time to look for parking. There is some between Amsterdam and Broadway on 79th. This clinic is timely- although I definitely preferred the first appointment of the day as those appointments were often quicker! The clinic is CLEAN. Especially during COVID. They have strict standards and maintain the spaces well. Everyone in the clinic is caring and personable- truly not a single team member who isn’t! From the embryologist, to medical doctors, nurses, techs, and receptionists- everyone is personable and excited for your journey.
They accepted our insurance as in network. Our costs were low and nothing was cost prohibitive.
I was relieved he recommended eSET. I was nervous of multiples.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kort is personable, and made accommodations and time for me when ever I needed. He also followed up quickly on email or calls and scheduled video calls to talk through options and plans (as we began during pandemic)...He was thoughtful, and very informative from the beginning. He didn't rush us to begin treatment until we had time to think through our options. He was careful to manage expectations and provide all risk information
Convenient location, one stop shop - for blood work, exams, procedures, consultations etc. [Neway Medical] Appointments were scheduled well with blood work first and then exams. Wait times for exams some times ran long (more than 15-20 min) but I attribute that partly to covid protocols...Most of my interactions with the nurses were a high point in my very frequent visits.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was very personable in the way he treated my husband and I. He was thoughtful, and very informative from the beginning. He didn't rush us to begin treatment until we had time to think through our options. He was careful to manage expectations and provide all risk information - I was curious about the potential for multiple embryo transfer, which in the end was not an option for us (as I only had 1 successful embryo). Dr. Kort never rushed appointments. There were times when appointments got emotional for me, and Dr. Kort was always encouraging and kind and eased my fears.
Be open about your concerns and honest about what you want to achieve. He was very informative and realistically managed my expectations.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Nurses were kind, most were personable (with a couple exceptions), they managed a lot of patients and activity with limited resources (during pandemic), and remained calm and organized. Most of my interactions with the nurses were a high point in my very frequent visits.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Convenient location, one stop shop - for blood work, exams, procedures, consultations etc. Appointments were scheduled well with blood work first and then exams. Wait times for exams some times ran long (more than 15-20 min) but I attribute that partly to covid protocols.
Most of the medication cost was covered by my health insurance, I had a regular copay of $40 for every ultrasound appointment. Cost of transfer was covered by insurance. Genetic testing and embryo freezing was not covered by insurance.
Neway Medical

I felt comfortable with homey Neway’s environment and loving atmosphere that clinic’s personnel makes you feel. All the nurses were lovely...All retrieval’s and diagnostic tests except PGT testing is done in the house. Neway has an amazing reproductive biologist Dr. Lee who actually deals with your eggs and is responsible for creating embryos. It seems like he is famous for his work.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort’s strength are: Compassionate and dedicated doctor that truly cares about your goals; Honest with what to expect; He is patient with explanations and I never felt rushed at my consultations; Gentle bedside manner; Respect patient’s ability to understand complex information. Goes into details unlike many other doctors. One of his strength is that you can see that he is truly on your team. In the middle of my third cycle, the ultrasound wasn’t showing as many eggs as I would like (less than in my last two cycles). He informed me about it and gave me a choice to stop this cycle and wait till the next, which meant more work for him but it would transfer the fee I paid for my last cycle toward the next in hopes of harvesting more eggs. I ended up going forward with finishing that cycle that I was half-way through with and received an unexpectedly great results creating 3 PGT-tested embryos. I was technically taking a risk of having an unproductive cycle but I just felt very positive that even with low egg count, it will all work out. What he did that was super helpful is that he presented all the information to me but listened to my intuition. Dr. Kort’s calm confident energy really helped me to get through some dark thoughts. I changed partner (life happens!) after the first IVF cycle and was nervous if I would still be taken seriously and treated the same way in the clinic but I was treated with complete professionalism and respect through this tough period of my life by Dr. Kort whose concerns were my well-being and my goal of having a family at the end of all that.
Ask a lot of questions
After visiting 5 different clinics and being assessed by 5 different doctors in the city, I found Dr. Kort’s approach and communication from the start the most fitting for me. It was respectful of my ability to understand some more complex information and never dismissive of any of my questions (and I had a lot of those!). Besides feeling that he truly cares about his patients, and legitimately knows what he is doing, I felt comfortable with homey Neway’s environment and loving atmosphere that clinic’s personnel makes you feel. All the nurses were lovely! Other clinics felt like “baby-factories” with dozens of patients sitting in the wait rooms or white futuristic spaceships with cold and distant staff. While being realistic about my prognoses, Dr. Kort gave me pretty clear understanding of my options and was honest regarding possible results. After finishing 3-cycle-IVF with him, I can now say that the results were very close to what he prepared me for (I understand that’s a very hard thing to predict). I felt like throughout my 7 months treatment with Dr. Kort, his calm but confident energy really helped me to get through some dark thoughts. I changed a partner (life happens!) after the first IVF cycle and was nervous if I would still be treated the same in the clinic but I was treated with complete professionalism and respect through this tough period of my life by Dr. Kort and the staff. They always tried to help me out with free medications knowing that I don’t have a health insurance that covers those and this is a huge financial undertaking for me.
Dr. Kort used antagonist short protocol on me to get as many follicles as possible. I had three successful cycles, the first: nine eggs retrieved - two embryos frozen; the second: seven eggs retrieved - 1 embryo frozen; the third one - eight eggs retrieved - 3 embryos frozen. I know that he adjusted my medication carefully after monitoring me every two days most of the time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Everyone was warm and friendly. People seemed organized and things run according to protocol. Always got my medications instructions on time during the cycle.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I think that the atmosphere of the clinic is very nurturing and people are very friendly and compassionate. I didn’t feel that as much in other clinics which seem to focus more on glamorous interiors and impeccable facade. This clinic feels more like home and the waiting room feels like a living room. I like that all of the procedures are done in clinic. All retrieval’s and diagnostic tests except PGT testing is done in the house. Neway has an amazing reproductive biologist Dr. Lee who actually deals with your eggs and is responsible for creating embryos. It seems like he is famous for his work.
Even though fertility treatment is so expensive and hit my finances super hard, I feel like I was given a good package deal by Neway for a three-cycle-package. Whenever the clinic had any extra medication, I was given some of those super expensive drugs for free.
Didn’t have the transfer yet.
Neway Medical

The thing I like most about Dr. Daniel Kort is that he is supremely confident in what he is doing and is able to transfer that confidence on to you...He was extremely skillful at both the egg retrieval and embryo insertion process. My ovarian position created a minor complication but he handled it pretty well. He was also very responsive and calming when I had a subchorionic hematoma and didn't want me to unnecessarily rush to ER. He was confident it would self-resolve, and it did...
Biggest strength [of Neway Medical] is it is not super crowded and is able to offer personalized attention and care. Location in NYC is extremely convenient, I did not find it difficult to travel from Jersey City, they were flexible with timings as much as possible. The weakness is in their billing team primarily because there is a lot of personnel churn and seem understaffed and not responsive enough.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
The thing I like most about Dr. Daniel Kort is that he is supremely confident in what he is doing and is able to transfer that confidence on to you, while not trying to downplay any chance of less than desired outcome. Every visit was smooth, he spent a lot of time answering questions and was extremely gentle at the bedside. He was extremely skillful at both the egg retrieval and embryo insertion process. My ovarian position created a minor complication but he handled it pretty well. He was also very responsive and calming when I had a subchorionic hematoma and didn't want me to unnecessarily rush to ER. He was confident it would self-resolve, and it did! The transfer process to my regular OB-Gyn was smooth and I am thrilled now that I'm able to care for my newborn daughter!
It makes sense to get all the regular treatment and tests done (both partners) with regular OB-Gyn before consulting a fertility physician (applies to anyone, not just Dr. Kort). Fertility treatment is an expensive and a draining process (very frequent visits and lots of processes), hence it's better to have a targeted objective. I understand not all insurance plans offer flexibility.
Dr. Daniel Kort was very objective and focused on the outcome we were together trying to achieve. He does not set any wrong or misleading expectations. While he relies on evidence as everyone should, he does not waste time trying to make a determination where not required. In my case, there was no apparent cause for infertility. He did not waste time trying to diagnose, rather supported going directly to the IVF process as my insurance also supported it.
Don't remember specifics. Mine was a direct IVF with a retrieval cycle (egg and partner sperm) post stimulation, freezing for genetic abnormality testing and then FET next cycle once the 'normal' embryos was ascertained. 6 eggs were retrieved, all fertilized successfully, 5 were good quality blastocysts, 3 of which had no chromosomal abnormalities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
All the nurses in the Neway team are good. They thoroughly understand the protocols and are able to guide pretty well. They even offered free supervised administration of injections until my partner and I became confident enough to be able to do it ourselves.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Biggest strength is it is not super crowded and is able to offer personalized attention and care. Location in NYC is extremely convenient, I did not find it difficult to travel from Jersey City, they were flexible with timings as much as possible. The weakness is in their billing team primarily because there is a lot of personnel churn and seem understaffed and not responsive enough. I was lucky enough to be assisted by someone good but she left the practice towards the end. However, they are flexible to an extent
IVF (1 cycle) including single FET - $12-14K approx.
Dr. Kort was strongly against multiple embryo transfer in my case. I understand he would not recommend it unless absolutely warranted in an individual's case where benefits can outweigh the risks.

2017 - 2020, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
[Dr. Kort] was very warm, caring and helpful. He explained things clearly, not talking down to me and not jargon filled either. I was always extremely well informed and an active participant in my decisions and treatment. Amazing bedside manner...He kept me very involved in the process and made sure decisions were mine, not those made by the clinic.
The [Neway Medical] portal as helpful. I always knew my treatment and what to expect. Egg retrieval and transfers went smoothly— I was treated with care throughout the process. Weakness: It took a couple of years to get my bill—that definitely needs to be ironed out...The staff was always warm and welcoming throughout my treatment...It was stressful for me to arrange [monitoring appointments] to be there so early, and they really helped me with that. I was always seen so quickly and on my way to work.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had such a wonderful experience with this doctor with my egg freezing at another practice. When I wanted to do IVF (with an new egg retrieval) as a single mother by choice, I found the clinic where he had moved and came for a consultation. I was so happy to continue working with Dr. Kort and very happy with my care and my results! Communication was excellent. I was always comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. I had a healthy baby boy and have two more embryos (as well as my 14 frozen eggs from my post experience with him for egg freezing. I have referred several good friends to him, and one just completed her egg freezing with him.
Definitely ask any questions or share any concerns. Dr. Kort really cared and really listened. He kept me very involved in the process and made sure decisions were mine, not those made by the clinic.
He was very warm, caring and helpful. He explained things clearly, not talking down to me and not jargon filled either. I was always extremely well informed and an active participant in my decisions and treatment. Amazing bedside manner.
I was in the birth control so came off a few days before I wanted to start the medicines. I did Menopur, Gonal F, and later Cetrotide. My trigger was Lupron which I was so grateful for as I had horrible swelling after Ovidrel with the two cycles of egg freezing. for the transfer. I had 4 embryos created with donor sperm. 3 made it to day 5 and I froze them until I was ready (about 7 months later). I did estrogen for two weeks and then both pio shots every few days and progesterone suppositories. After a few weeks and the positive pregnancy test I had requested to do twice daily shots only as my progesterone and was very happy with that. I had an excellent and healthy pregnancy and am so grateful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer (but she is no longer there))
The staff was always warm and welcoming throughout my treatment. They seemed genuinely happy with my pregnancy and when I sent picture and visited with my son.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The portal as helpful. I always knew my treatment and what to expect. Egg retrieval and transfers went smoothly— I was treated with care throughout the process. Weakness: It took a couple of years to get my bill—that definitely needs to be ironed out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
They really worked with mg schedule. I am a teacher with an 8 am start time about an hour away. We made it work, and often were able to do things on Saturday (or Friday— my later start day). It was stressful for me to arrange to be there so early, and they really helped me with that. I was always seen so quickly and on my way to work.
I was 80% insured with my job. I got a bill for the retrieval two years later ($1,200). I have not been billed for my transfer yet.
I was given statistics of recommended embryos for my age (I think it was 1-2) and I asked for just 1.
Neway Medical
Dr. Kort was excellent from start to finish. We were treating with him after sustaining two early miscarriages. He is clearly knowledgable and his course of treatment and recommendations worked. He was empathetic, reassuring, and caring every step of the way...[he] noticed a slight Uterine Septum and went on to perform a Hysteroscopic Septoplasty to correct the septum. The procedure took 30 minutes and full recovery took about a week
The [Neway Medical] clinic was well-run and professional. They have Saturday availability which was helpful for us. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We felt like the staff truly cared about us each time we walked through the door...The nursing staff was helpful, compassionate, and supportive...On occasion, there was a lag in the time from when we were told we would be receiving results and the time we actually received the results. This typically occurred on a Saturday (when the clinical was short staffed)
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Our experience with Dr. Kort was excellent from start to finish. We were treating with him after sustaining two early miscarriages. He is clearly knowledgable and his course of treatment and recommendations worked. He was empathetic, reassuring, and caring every step of the way.
Don't hesitate considering him for your fertility treatment. He is the absolute best!
Under the treatment of doctor Kort, I was made to feel comfortable, safe, and like I was in good-hands!
After two early miscarriages, we had several blood tests, a semen analysis, a Saline Infused Sonogram (SIS), and a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG). Our blood work, semen analysis, and SIS came back normal. On the HSG, Dr. Kort noticed a slight Uterine Septum and went on to perform a Hysteroscopic Septoplasty to correct the septum. The procedure took 30 minutes and full recovery took about a week. Following surgery, I had another SIS which showed that the septum was corrected. We conceived the following month and are now expecting our rainbow baby in December!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was helpful, compassionate, and supportive.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was well-run and professional. They have Saturday availability which was helpful for us. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We felt like the staff truly cared about us each time we walked through the door.
The costs required were the copays and some additional costs for blood tests.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
On occasion, there was a lag in the time from when we were told we would be receiving results and the time we actually received the results. This typically occurred on a Saturday (when the clinical was short staffed); we were told we'd receive our results the same day, but didn't received them until Monday morning.