Medical SchoolUSC
1950 Sunnycrest Dr.
Fullerton, CA 92835
500 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Potter to a friend?

6.1

4.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Was told that if I didn't pay...$2000 out-of-pocket for genetic testing, Dr. Potter would want to transfer multiple embryos as "part of his standard protocol"....When I asked why I wasn't given Lupron in the luteal phase, to prevent early follicle recruitment, was told "that's not the doctor's standard protocol." So, I lost my chance at a fresh transfer cycle. When my 2nd cycle was canceled for lining thickness, I asked why I went a whole 2nd week on estrogen when my lining was already a good thickness at day 7 monitoring appointment. Again, I was told that it's Dr. Potter's standard protocol to do at least 14 days of estrogen.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
If you want a laissez faire experience, Dr. Potter is great. You have 1 initial consult with him and never hear from him directly again - not even after 2 failed transfer cycles. He asked me a couple of questions, asked me what questions I had for him, and then told my nurse the next day what additional tests he wanted from me: Vitamin D and prolactin, mammogram, etc. I suppose that's more efficient, but it's better to talk to your patient about why you want those tests done. I went and had labs drawn as requested, but I was taking 5000 IUs of Vitamin D, and had told someone on his staff before - thus, it was in my chart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC?
Talk to your patients. Customize treatments to get the best results. When you're dealing with donor eggs, understand the bulk of your clientele aren't young. Consider that when conceiving of your new standard protocols. Consider industry best practice (elective single embryo transfers) before handing out orders through your nurses. 2 embryos just has a greater chance of multiple births, it's no longer considered an industry best practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC?
2 failed cycle attempts so far. Both were avoidable. When I asked why I wasn't given Lupron in the luteal phase, to prevent early follicle recruitment, was told "that's not the doctor's standard protocol." So, I lost my chance at a fresh transfer cycle. When my 2nd cycle was canceled for lining thickness, I asked why I went a whole 2nd week on estrogen when my lining was already a good thickness at day 7 monitoring appointment. Again, I was told that it's Dr. Potter's standard protocol to do at least 14 days of estrogen. So far, the "standard protocols" aren't working for me. And some of the standard protocols explained ahead of time - like 2 embryos transferred when no genetic testing is done - aren't even industry best practice any more. Case studies indicate that live birth rates plateau once a patient has at least 9 days of exposure to estrogen; birth rates begin to decline at 13+ days. 3 days of bed rest after transfer is also his standard protocol, and a practice no longer recommended. He just seems out of date and not willing to change or consider other courses of treatment. I really don't understand the point of monitoring at all if my treatment plan wouldn't be adjusted based on how my body is reacting to the medications.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
20cc of lupron starting on Day 3 of birth control pills. Early follicle recruitment, failed. 20cc of lupron starting after confirmed ovulation; Cut down to 10cc on day 10 Day 10, start estradiol valorate .2cc every 3 days Result: uterine lining too thick on day 14 to see feathering effect. cycle canceled. 10 days of progesterone to "reboot".
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very kind, compassionate and usually available. I would have to ask multiple times for basic things like schedules, monitoring orders (out of state monitoring patient). Would leave VM and have to follow up with her via email.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Nice facility in a great location. Will work with outside monitoring facilities for out of state patients. Seem a bit disconnected from a financial aspect; requires full cycle payment (FET) up front, despite benefits / insurance coverage. Financial people don't communicate well and were lousy at being able to check my insurance benefits - told me I had no coverage when I knew I did. Just constantly had to micromanage them despite my desire for them to be more proactive about my care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
$6500 for embryo transfer cycle - had to pay all up front, regardless of in-network insurance benefits.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
Was told that if I didn't pay >$2000 out-of-pocket for genetic testing, Dr. Potter would want to transfer multiple embryos as "part of his standard protocol". I said no.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Potter] was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. ... He was so rude to us. ... He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). ... Look elsewhere. There are more compassionate doctors who won't make you feel like a slug on the ground.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
My husband and I agree we would never go back there even if he was the only doctor covered by our insurance. Which we were told he was. He was so rude to us. Then his office tells us that the $10000 worth of tests he ordered would be cash payment when we have insurance coverage. But they couldn't figure that out over 4 months so even though I called and emailed dozens of times I never got to move forward. He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). I do not, can not, and will not ever recommend him or his clinic. Save your money, energy and emotional stability and go elsewhere.
He was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. His office would never get back to us with questions.
We didn't get this far because even though we had an approved referral for a service he wouldn't bill our insurance and said we had to pay cash. But every time I talked to insurance or my healthcare group they said he was covered and our only option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Our nurse was super nice and we felt really comfortable with her but once the billing issues started I never heard from her again. Called and emailed with no response.
Describe your experience with HRC.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Extremely high. Yes infertility treatments are expensive but even my obgyn seemed to think it was astronomical so I called other clinics in the area. When I told them the price I was quoted they said to run away from there because that was robbery.

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Dr. Potter keeps all his patients waiting for hours on end. The waiting room is always filled with people waiting for him with no end in sight. When he meets with you he promises you the moon on the first visit. Then once he sees your results he doesn’t care to support you in the next step and quite honestly showed zero compassion or empathy for the shocking news we received. You can tell he’s in it for the numbers and the money and will move on to the next gullible patient who’s willing to pay an extreme amount of money for poor care.
Do your research and find another doctor who will actually care about making your dreams come true. HRC is like a factory trying to squeeze everyone and has zero personal attention for patients.
He never took the time to get to know us and often kept us waiting for hours to see him. The first time we waited an hour and a half and the second time it was two and a half hours. His office insisted he was on his way the whole time, when we did meet with him it was only 15 min to say ivf will never work for you try an egg donor. All he wanted was the money and we were just a number. He was horrible at making us feel heard or understood. Once he saw my results he was basically like see ya, you’re never going to make it so I don’t want to prioritize you.
Dr potter recommended an egg donor as the only resort for us to get pregnant. He didn’t provide any other solutions and sai this was the only way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
The nursing staff tried their best to makeup for where Dr potter lacked. You could tell they were afraid of upsetting their boss, he frequently blamed them for why he was late or why they didn’t communicate correctly. They seem like nice people who try but again they treated me like I was just a number they could get money out of.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
$2000 just for initial consultation and bloodwork.
Fullerton

With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed.... Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Strengths: intelligent, high success rates, skill Weakness: lack of compassion, lack of time, consistently late (staff members had even candidly shared this with me), poor response time, flat affect. Dr. Potter has opened a Infertility Clinic in China in the past year. As a result, I believe he is spread “way too thin”. Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff. Considering the amount of money I have paid to the clinic, I had higher expectations. For example, I had questions for Dr. Potter at one point and was told I could not communicate with him because he was in China. Another example, I had very sensitive PGS testing results, and his ultrasound tech delivered the results rather than him. Another time, I paid an additional $100 for a 15 minute meeting with him (in which he was an hour late for), regarding a treatment plan for which I had already paid $20k+ for. These instances made me feel that his primary interest was money making vs me as a patient.
He is an intelligent infertility specialist. However, do not expect that he will ever be on time, you will always wait at least an hour or more with every encounter with him. Do not expect hand-holding, or compassion. He is a bookish, matter-of-fact type. Communication in my opinion is poor.
With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed. At one point, I intentionally called him out for being late, and I did not receive an apology, rather a poor excuse. Despite my dissatisfaction, I still proceeded with care as I told myself, I didn’t care about bedside manner as long as I had results. I also felt that I didn’t have a choice but to proceed as I had already made an out of pocket cash payment in full.
I had a uterine septum Dr. Potter corrected prior to any egg retrievals or potential transfers, with good outcome. He initiated a insulin resistant/metformin protocol, even though my GTT yielded normal results. This was in response to me yielding a low number of eggs during the first retrieval. It did not improve the outcome for my second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalija Matic )
Natalija was my care coordinator, but not a nurse. She was an ultrasound tech. She seemed skilled and knowledgeable in her role. However, I also felt she was “spread way too thin”. Her role overlapped with that of Dr. Potter. I think a lot of what should be his responsibility fell onto her lap, just simply because he didn’t have the time for it. I actually never worked with a nurse from the clinic (only surgery center) during my whole treatment there.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Communication is adequate. Better than Dr. Potter’s response time. They are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Approx $20k for 2 retrievals, transfer, labs and US $2k for hysteroscopy/septal repair Approx $8-10k for medications

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Potter is very passionate about what he does. He's compassionate yet direct when discussing treatment and outcomes. He runs quite a bit late at times but most doctors who perform procedures usually do... The cycle began with birth control pills for 3 weeks, Lupron 10 units for 10 days then Lupron 5 units for 10 days, 10 days of Gonal and 10 days of Menopur. The cycle was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work. The dosages of Gonal and Menopur were adjusted once 4 days before the egg retrieval. I was also instructed to take 2 hCG Ovidrel (trigger) shots about 35 hours prior to the retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval, I began my 5 day dosage of Doxycycline (terrible tasting pills).
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
I would probably advise to prepare for a longer wait time and to not expect Dr.Potter to be the warmest. Everything "infertility" entails waiting periods. We're all there to get pregnant and if the main focus is the skill and success rates of the doctor and practice, then waiting a little extra is worth it.
The HRC practice is very busy; it's hard not to feel like a number. The process is very transactional and initially it felt as if my treatment plan was the 'cookie cutter' for all new patients. Of course that was not the case and changes were made to my cycle as it progressed. There was great communication and I felt that I was in the best hands. I will also add that making me feel like a "human" is not my top priority, getting pregnant and becoming a mother is.
The cycle began with birth control pills for 3 weeks, Lupron 10 units for 10 days then Lupron 5 units for 10 days, 10 days of Gonal and 10 days of Menopur. The cycle was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work. The dosages of Gonal and Menopur were adjusted once 4 days before the egg retrieval. I was also instructed to take 2 hCG Ovidrel (trigger) shots about 35 hours prior to the retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval, I began my 5 day dosage of Doxycycline (terrible tasting pills). After the retrieval, I began estradiol (injection), progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin and continued with prenatal vitamins. I observed the recommended 72 hours of bedrest with light activity after. After realizing my hCG numbers weren't doubling, Dr. Potter quickly ordered more blood work. My progesterone was low and had me come into the office on the same day and disbursed enough progesterone for the next few days until my rx from the pharmacy arrived. My hCG numbers doubled after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
The coordinators and surgical staff are the most incredible and caring team. They are as compassionate and they are knowledgable.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Strengths: The Surgical team, PA's and coordinators. HRC Newport Beach has a fascinating state of the art embryology lab, surgical center and office all in the same building. They have a very organized process in place to coordinate treatment. Lab and ultrasound appointments were always fast. Weaknesses: They are a very busy practice and might have some extended wait for doctor visits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
My insurance does not cover IVF. The IVF cycle including ICSI, PGD, anesthesia and labs: $15,900. Medications: approx $4,500 since a few were covered by insurance. The costs of IVF has increased as of the end of last year but I don't know what they are.
Dr. Potter briefly discussed this during our initial consultation and he appeared neutral. Since my cycle resulted in 1 normal embryo, it was not discussed in depth.

Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Potter seems to be very inquisitive and likes to exhaust all avenues to see what could be causing infertility. Before we met him, he has my wife run some tests and that’s how he found out she’s insulin resistant, which could be a contributing factor to our infertility issues. He is running more tests before we do the retrieval and transfer to make sure we are able to have the best embryos possible and the best envinroment when we do the transfer. He definitely does not have a lot of emotions, however, that does not bother me or my wife. One frustrating issue is that he is late. He was an hour late for our first meeting.
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Don’t have the expectation to have your hand held through this process. However, he is very intelligent and the me that is more important.
Dr. Potter took the time to see what issues my wife and I may have. He ultimately found out that my wife insulin resistant and that could have contributed to poor egg quality and our miscarriage. He is very straightforward and lacks a long of emotion.
We haven’t started the procedures yet. We are waiting until I do the final testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Allyn Ann)
Allyn Ann, our nurse practitioner, was beyond helpful. She was there for my wife when she had any questions and would take the time to explain the procedure and the results. She was extremely responsive. Natalija, our coordinator, is also very good. She is very responsive and explains the steps very well.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic is very clean and in a good location. Overall, everyone is very friendly and the nurses were great with the u/s and drawing blood. The one weakness is the accounting department could be improved. There were a few misunderstandings about the fees and that was Frustrating.
I believe about $23,000.
We have not gotten to that point yet with Dr. Potter.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Doctor Potter did not have the most warm bedside manner, but he was honest and frank with us. He answered my questions and gave the in depth responses I desired. However, I did not feel like he remembered us even from the time frame between retrieval and transfer (6 days). He treated my husband and I both as important people involved in the decision process. We appreciated that as so many others in the infertility world seem to act as if only the woman matters. He was very confident and practical. He did not hide anything from us. My favorite thing he did was say "now take good care of that baby girl" as we were leaving after the transfer. It was so touching and made me feel like I was a mom, it makes me cry just thinking about it. We are planning on doing another cycle with him next year in hopes of getting a sibling for are dear daughter.
He may not have the warmest bedside manner, but he is good at his job and will listen to you and give you the information you need. I trust him implicitly because of these qualities.
The first nurse/coordinator I had, Natalija, did not give me the information I requested during our cycle- she told me I didn't need to know what my AF count or estradiol levels were because "it would stress me out." She said some nurses give that information, but she doesn't. Further along she wouldn't even acknowledge my questions for clarification on things and simply tell me to look at the materials provided (which I had ALREADY looked at and did not have the information I wanted). I later switched to a different nurse/coordinator, Natalie, and she gave me the in depth information I was seeking. She continues to treat me as a valued person even though I am currently not in treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: First Natalija, then Natalie-- I will answer with Natalie in mind)
Natalija was nice and sympathetic, however, she did not want to give me details or detailed answers to my questions. Several email exchanges will show she didn't even always read what my questions were before answering. The 4th time that my interaction with her had me in tears and feeling incredibly angry I called and spoke to her supervisor and requested another nurse/coordinator. At that point they gave me Natalie. Natalie is amazing! She gave me all the information I desired, shows empathy and compassion. She even helped me transfer to a regular OB/GYN early because I could not afford all the ultrasounds as we have Kaiser HMO so nothing at HRC was covered. I still email her from time to time. Earlier this week I emailed her to ask about starting another cycle for a second baby and she answered it in minutes with the perfect amount of detail and did not mind my following up with questions to clarify. I'm keeping her forever!
Describe your experience with HRC.
Love that they have their own lab so they can do fresh transfers with PGS!!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
We spent at total of $17,000 including medications for ICSI, IVF, ultrasounds, PGS, and first 2 betas. ICSI was about $1200, anesthesia was $400, Meds we $3,400.
We did not have a conversation regarding this as two of our three embryos that made it were found to have chromosomal abnormalities leaving us with only one option.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Potter was agressive in the way of medication and dosage instructed. I have few and not so great eggs so it was important to be able to get as many as possible during the egg retrieval....He was proactive in coming up with a plan...Dr. Potter is great at what he does which is why so many people want to be under his treatment which can lead to him being very busy. So there were visits which led to long wait times and once you get your turn to meet with him it seemed rushed at times.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
When my husband and I first met with Dr. Potter we knew right then we wanted him to be the one to help us on our journey to starting a family which was going to involve IVF. We had read many great reviews on him and his accomplishments in the fertility world. He was proactive in coming up with a plan in the way injections and all that was needed for a successful embryo transfer. We started the process a month or so after meeting with him. When we were to meet with him a long wait time was usually involved. But he is a popular guy and we understand we were not the only ones in need of his care. My egg retrieval resulted in 5 mature eggs and only one developed into an embryo which we had transferred at 3 days. We were not able to do any genetic testing on the embryo as planned since there was just the one and there was a concern with it surviving the extra couple of days outside of me. The transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy test. We were elated! At the 6 week ultrasound when we were told we would hear the heartbeat there was no heartbeat to hear. At week 7 we saw the heartbeat but did not hear it. At week 8 we had an Ultrasound with Dr. Potter and the pregnancy was confirmed a loss at that time. The pregnancy had stopped growing for whatever reason. I had a D & C shortly there after. We were devastated but we believe Dr. Potter did everything he could in an effort for us to have a healthy viable pregnancy. It did not work out that way but we would go back to him to try again in the future.
Be patient and plan on a long wait time at visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Nataljia Matic )
Our care coordinator was amazing. She was there to answer any questions or concerns along the way and explained the treatment and process in a way we could understand. The nursing staff was helpful and showed concern and compassion.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The strength of this clinic would be they are orgnanized and work like a well oiled machine in the way of being efficent with communication and your care but a weakness would be the long wait times we endured just to see the doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Back in 2014 the IVF procedure itself was just under $9000, medication around $6500 (keep in mind we stopped medication at 8 weeks so it would have been more) and there are other costs such as the testing. ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc. We also had the D & C procedure. Our total out of pocket expense for the one IVF cycle was just under $19,000.
I only had one embryo to transfer so I am not certain what would have happened had there been 2 or more.
Newport Beach

We would definitely use Dr. Potter again. He gets very good results. We felt like he understood what we wanted, and answered our questions. The one downside is that he is busy, and not good at staying prompt with his schedule. We would routinely wait an hour or more to see him.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
He's very good, but have your questions prepared in advance of your appointment, and be prepared to wait to see him.
The entire staff at HRC Newport are very good and keep you informed. We really loved our coordinator and the nurses. Dr. Potter has a great attitude, and we felt like he cared about us, but you don't see him nearly as much as the other staff, who are the ones keeping in touch with you day to day.
We started with medicated IUIs, two with Clomid. The first cycle we did 2 IUIs, and the second we asked to do 1 to save on the donor vials. After those didn't work, we asked to change the medication, and used Gonal-f. This worked too well, and we ended up being given the option to cancel or to move to IVF. We did the IVF and retrieved 21, with 13 making it to day 5. Because of these good results, we were counseled to do PGS testing, and we ended with 9 normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
We really liked lots of the staff. Stephanie was our coordinator, and she really kept us sane. For the most part, emails and calls were answered promptly, and we didn't feel like we weren't cared about. They really made it feel like they were excited for us.
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC is a pretty big operation, we went to the Newport office and liked it better than the Fullerton office where we first went. It's a new facility with the embryology lab in the same building, so there's no transfer or shipping, and they can do the PGS testing immediately so they can do fresh transfers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Our insurance covered only 50% of certain tests, and no actual treatments. Our IUI cycles, with donor vials, were around $3,000 each, of which the vials were the largest cost. Our final IUI that was converted to IVF was around $9000, and then the PGS screening was $4,600. Then there was an $700 or $800 freeze/storage charge for the remaining embryos. After we were pregnant, then our insurance covered the post IVF ultrasounds. We did have a moderate case of OHSS, and they did a draining procedure, but this was also covered by insurance since it was a 'pregnancy complication.'

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Potter at HRC.

He uses the exact same protocol for every single patient because he thinks he's perfect - it's arrogant and not the right way to treat fertility issues. ... He cancelled two FET cycles and he never changes them for the patient's needs ... They [HRC] didn't monitor me for an autoimmune disorder, which they said they would, and that is a potential cause of the miscarriage. ... He said it doesn't matter if you transfer one or two - whatever you want, he doesn't care. ...
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Daniel Potter and his lead coordinator, Stephanie Castillo, are the worst people I have ever encountered in the medical field. RUN! He is described as "brilliant" by the people who he pays, and no one else.
Run away, find a new doctor right now!
He doesn't care about his patients at all - he only cares how many he gets pregnant so his rates go up. He cancelled two FET cycles and he never changes them for the patient's needs - he thinks he's perfect. He's extremely arrogant. Run away from this doctor
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Castillo)
I could write a novel on how terrible she is and I literally think she should not be allowed to see patients again in her life. She is horrible. She's sarcastic, mean, makes you feel that everything is personally your fault, disorganized, etc. RUN AWAY and get a new coordinator.
Describe your experience with HRC.
I have only had negative experiences and they clearly protect their own in a negative way. It seems that they preference protecting their doctors and nurses and everyone who they pay over their patients. If you want to find someone who cares for you, and someone who will make sure you get pregnant the way you need to - go anywhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Over the last 9 months of treatment, $35000 - $40000 in costs.
He said it doesn't matter if you transfer one or two - whatever you want, he doesn't care. That says a lot about him because two is a serious increase in risks and there are so many more benefits with a single embryo transfer if you can!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We had our initial consult with Dr. Potter and he suggested we do further testing. He found out that I’m insulin resistant and that could have been a contributing factor to my miscarriage. I really liked his thoughts that we will exhaust all tests before we do a transfer. He’s a little quirky but very intelligent and that’s all that matters to me.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
He’s quirky but he is very thorough and intelligent.
We have only met Dr. Potter once for our initial consult and he was very to the point. I didn’t necessarily feel like a number or a human with him.
We haven’t started the specific treatment yet - we are getting ready to start soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalija )
Allyn Ann, my nurse practitioner with both doctors, is absolutely incredible. She was so helpful and compassionate through this very difficult process. I would recommend any of my friends to work with her. Natalija, my coordinator, is really good too. She is very responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The employees at the Newport Beach clinic are very nice and the facility is very clean. The Laguna Hills Office is a satellite office and is more quaint. The NEWPORT Beach Office is usually behind schedule and Dr. Potter runs really behind. Overall, the clinic is run very well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
We have not been told of the costs for Dr. Potter but I believe it’s the same as the previous doctor we were with - $20,000
We are not at that point yet.

2015 - 2019
Dr Potter makes you feel comfortable. Talks to you about personal things like his kids and his own battle with fertility. ... He’s blunt about your odds of success and helps you as much as he can to reach that success. ... The man always gives you a sense of warmth. It just makes you want to hug him. His ultimate goal is to help you get your family, and you can feel that. ... It [Eset approach] wasn’t really brought up. We were okay with multiples.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
The man always gives you a sense of warmth. It just makes you want to hug him. His ultimate goal is to help you get your family, and you can feel that. He’s blunt about your odds of success and helps you as much as he can to reach that success.
To pick him as your doctor. I recommend him to the fullest. Such a great guy.
lupron. Estrodial. Progesterone injections and suppositories. Medrol then transfer. Bedrest for 3 days, and continue meds until beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Rachel yun)
Our care coordinator gave us her personal cell phone number! I work in nursing and wouldn’t even do that! She is very proactive and gets the ball rolling!
Describe your experience with HRC.
I honestly can not complain. If there was an error, it was fixed properly and we moved on. The only hiccups in the process was my own body. I had no problem contacting individuals, or getting questions answered in a timely manner. They were wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Total was about $25k for everything including meds. (Our of pocket). They do offer an out of pocket discount as well.
It wasn’t really brought up. We were okay with multiples.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Potter at HRC.

Dr Potter is an amazing RE! He’s extremely intelligent and experienced. You may have to wait to see him (let’s be honest, you wait a lot), but he’s worth it. I’ve recommended several women to him all of which had successful ivf cycles.... We were MFI; no issues on the female side. We did a long Lupron protocol and 23 eggs were retrieved. 13 made it to day 5. We did PGS testing (I highly recommend it) and 5 came back normal.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Be patient. He’s late, a lot. But he’s worth it.
I always got answers to my questions. I got hugs when I needed and sympathy when I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
My coordinator, Stephanie, is wonderful! She always answered my questions and was there when needed.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Up to date and gorgeous clinic. Highly trained and educated staff. Everyone is extremely kind and invested in you and the process. The sono rooms are nice as are the waiting rooms. Coffee is available. The surgery center is very high tech and up to date. You can also watch the embryologists woel begins the glass.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
Our first cycle was covered by insurance so it was less than 10k. For our FET we were given a military/veteran discount of 50% off.
He will allow you to transfer up to two PGS or non PGS embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Potter] is really smart but it was just tough to see decifer if he was selling us or if he was telling us the truth about our situation. Again, the wait times were enormous which made us feel like just another patient.... He put us on clomid, which resulted in a singleton birth. We found out later how we won the lottery with our healthy baby due to genetic issues.... He was a bit all over the place when I saw him and it was tough to know when he was being truthful of my situation or just trying to sell me more treatments.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
He is really smart but it was just tough to see decifer if he was selling us or if he was telling us the truth about our situation. Again, the wait times were enormous which made us feel like just another patient.
Be prepared to wait!
The wait times were longer than any other doctor I had ever seen in my life. He was a bit all over the place when I saw him and it was tough to know when he was being truthful of my situation or just trying to sell me more treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was responsive and very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The wait times were ridiculous with Potter and it was sad that they kept on finding excuses for him. I wish they would have been more honest about the wait times. There was one girl who was really poor at drawing blood; everytime I would get my blood drawn by her I would have some of the worst black and blue marks for days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC.
We paid our sessions with him, some blood work and the clomid. I don't remember exactly prices.
We didn't get this far with Potter.

2011 - 2014
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr Potter was very aggressive with his treatment. He was very knowledgable... Dr Potter was not acquainted with the immunological side of things though he was willing to try any protocol an immunologist threw at me. In the end, He was three hours late to my last transfer. He left me sitting there. And left my embryo sitting there for three hours to long (in my opinion).
2011 - 2014
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC?
Dr Potter was very aggressive with his treatment. He was very knowledgable. The only downside is that he is always always always late. Very late. 3 or more hours late.
Be prepared to wait.
I felt like a number because they were so busy and often messed up my information
Dr Potter always uses the maximum stims, for a short stim cycle. He does the most aggressive approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalija )
She did not return emails or phone calls