5.4

Fullerton, CA 92835
500 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663

2019, Consult
He [Dr. Potter] was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. ... He was so rude to us. ... He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). ... Look elsewhere. There are more compassionate doctors who won't make you feel like a slug on the ground.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them [HRC]. ... Our biggest issue was the billing. We could never get our insurance covered when I talked to them multiple times. I had to send in my authorization of services 3 times.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
My husband and I agree we would never go back there even if he was the only doctor covered by our insurance. Which we were told he was. He was so rude to us. Then his office tells us that the $10000 worth of tests he ordered would be cash payment when we have insurance coverage. But they couldn't figure that out over 4 months so even though I called and emailed dozens of times I never got to move forward. He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). I do not, can not, and will not ever recommend him or his clinic. Save your money, energy and emotional stability and go elsewhere.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. His office would never get back to us with questions.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We didn't get this far because even though we had an approved referral for a service he wouldn't bill our insurance and said we had to pay cash. But every time I talked to insurance or my healthcare group they said he was covered and our only option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Our nurse was super nice and we felt really comfortable with her but once the billing issues started I never heard from her again. Called and emailed with no response.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
Extremely high. Yes infertility treatments are expensive but even my obgyn seemed to think it was astronomical so I called other clinics in the area. When I told them the price I was quoted they said to run away from there because that was robbery.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Our biggest issue was the billing. We could never get our insurance covered when I talked to them multiple times. I had to send in my authorization of services 3 times. I finally was working with my obgyn to get a new referral to another doctor and the referral department called and asked if I even saw Dr. Potter because they had never received any documentation from his office.
Fullerton

Was told that if I didn't pay...$2000 out-of-pocket for genetic testing, Dr. Potter would want to transfer multiple embryos as "part of his standard protocol"....When I asked why I wasn't given Lupron in the luteal phase, to prevent early follicle recruitment, was told "that's not the doctor's standard protocol." So, I lost my chance at a fresh transfer cycle. When my 2nd cycle was canceled for lining thickness, I asked why I went a whole 2nd week on estrogen when my lining was already a good thickness at day 7 monitoring appointment. Again, I was told that it's Dr. Potter's standard protocol to do at least 14 days of estrogen.
2 cycles canceled [at HRC] due to being put on "standard protocol" and not accounting for age / typical cycle data, and more-or-less ignoring the evolved industry best practices (i.e., recommending multiple embryo transfer, 14+ days of estrogen exposure prior to progesterone). Also, tried to do some wonky thing where, even though I'd already paid a flat fee (Shared Hope cycle) that covered my portion of the donor's medications, the clinic attempted to charge the full donor medication prescriptions to my insurance.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
If you want a laissez faire experience, Dr. Potter is great. You have 1 initial consult with him and never hear from him directly again - not even after 2 failed transfer cycles. He asked me a couple of questions, asked me what questions I had for him, and then told my nurse the next day what additional tests he wanted from me: Vitamin D and prolactin, mammogram, etc. I suppose that's more efficient, but it's better to talk to your patient about why you want those tests done. I went and had labs drawn as requested, but I was taking 5000 IUs of Vitamin D, and had told someone on his staff before - thus, it was in my chart.
Talk to your patients. Customize treatments to get the best results. When you're dealing with donor eggs, understand the bulk of your clientele aren't young. Consider that when conceiving of your new standard protocols. Consider industry best practice (elective single embryo transfers) before handing out orders through your nurses. 2 embryos just has a greater chance of multiple births, it's no longer considered an industry best practice.
2 failed cycle attempts so far. Both were avoidable. When I asked why I wasn't given Lupron in the luteal phase, to prevent early follicle recruitment, was told "that's not the doctor's standard protocol." So, I lost my chance at a fresh transfer cycle. When my 2nd cycle was canceled for lining thickness, I asked why I went a whole 2nd week on estrogen when my lining was already a good thickness at day 7 monitoring appointment. Again, I was told that it's Dr. Potter's standard protocol to do at least 14 days of estrogen. So far, the "standard protocols" aren't working for me. And some of the standard protocols explained ahead of time - like 2 embryos transferred when no genetic testing is done - aren't even industry best practice any more. Case studies indicate that live birth rates plateau once a patient has at least 9 days of exposure to estrogen; birth rates begin to decline at 13+ days. 3 days of bed rest after transfer is also his standard protocol, and a practice no longer recommended. He just seems out of date and not willing to change or consider other courses of treatment. I really don't understand the point of monitoring at all if my treatment plan wouldn't be adjusted based on how my body is reacting to the medications.
20cc of lupron starting on Day 3 of birth control pills. Early follicle recruitment, failed. 20cc of lupron starting after confirmed ovulation; Cut down to 10cc on day 10 Day 10, start estradiol valorate .2cc every 3 days Result: uterine lining too thick on day 14 to see feathering effect. cycle canceled. 10 days of progesterone to "reboot".
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very kind, compassionate and usually available. I would have to ask multiple times for basic things like schedules, monitoring orders (out of state monitoring patient). Would leave VM and have to follow up with her via email.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Nice facility in a great location. Will work with outside monitoring facilities for out of state patients. Seem a bit disconnected from a financial aspect; requires full cycle payment (FET) up front, despite benefits / insurance coverage. Financial people don't communicate well and were lousy at being able to check my insurance benefits - told me I had no coverage when I knew I did. Just constantly had to micromanage them despite my desire for them to be more proactive about my care.
$6500 for embryo transfer cycle - had to pay all up front, regardless of in-network insurance benefits.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Was told that if I didn't pay >$2000 out-of-pocket for genetic testing, Dr. Potter would want to transfer multiple embryos as "part of his standard protocol". I said no.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I would have to ask 2-3 times for orders to be faxed / sent, would have to ask multiple times for dosage schedules, often receiving the day I was to start medication A or B. I went to a monitoring appointment (outside monitoring for out of state patient) and despite having been told the order had been sent the previous Thursday (it was Wednesday almost a week later), I showed up to find out the orders hadn't been received. With the time difference, we just had to follow the prior order(s) - from the previous, failed cycle. 2 cycles canceled due to being put on "standard protocol" and not accounting for age / typical cycle data, and more-or-less ignoring the evolved industry best practices (i.e., recommending multiple embryo transfer, 14+ days of estrogen exposure prior to progesterone). Also, tried to do some wonky thing where, even though I'd already paid a flat fee (Shared Hope cycle) that covered my portion of the donor's medications, the clinic attempted to charge the full donor medication prescriptions to my insurance.
Newport Beach

The clinic [HRC] does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter keeps all his patients waiting for hours on end. The waiting room is always filled with people waiting for him with no end in sight. When he meets with you he promises you the moon on the first visit. Then once he sees your results he doesn’t care to support you in the next step and quite honestly showed zero compassion or empathy for the shocking news we received. You can tell he’s in it for the numbers and the money and will move on to the next gullible patient who’s willing to pay an extreme amount of money for poor care.
Do your research and find another doctor who will actually care about making your dreams come true. HRC is like a factory trying to squeeze everyone and has zero personal attention for patients.
He never took the time to get to know us and often kept us waiting for hours to see him. The first time we waited an hour and a half and the second time it was two and a half hours. His office insisted he was on his way the whole time, when we did meet with him it was only 15 min to say ivf will never work for you try an egg donor. All he wanted was the money and we were just a number. He was horrible at making us feel heard or understood. Once he saw my results he was basically like see ya, you’re never going to make it so I don’t want to prioritize you.
Dr potter recommended an egg donor as the only resort for us to get pregnant. He didn’t provide any other solutions and sai this was the only way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff tried their best to makeup for where Dr potter lacked. You could tell they were afraid of upsetting their boss, he frequently blamed them for why he was late or why they didn’t communicate correctly. They seem like nice people who try but again they treated me like I was just a number they could get money out of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
$2000 just for initial consultation and bloodwork.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There was not good follow through for getting a copy of my results from the blood test. I had to call and email over 5 times to get a copy. I also am still currently battling with them about a reimbursement my insurance sent over and they don’t want to pay me what my insurance says I’m entitled to.
Fullerton

My FET was scheduled for 9 in the morning, so I arrived at 7 AM and Dr. Potter didn't arrive at the clinic until 1PM. ... My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. ... He gave my procedure an 80% chance of success and then in the actual procedure he said and i quote "this is so easy; i'm so bored" But then it didn't work. ... He is very cocky
I went to both the Newport and Fullerton clinics. I really liked the Fullerton clinic, but did not like the Newport clinic as much. ... When my cycle failed, I wanted a debrief appointment and they [HRC] said it would be 4 months, and then cancelled the day of the appointment when it finally rolled around. ... My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. The clinic sent me an e-mail with the news and said they would find someone else to do the procedure
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
My FET was scheduled for 9 in the morning, so I arrived at 7 AM and Dr. Potter didn't arrive at the clinic until 1PM. Every bed in the office was filled and there was a huge crowd in the waiting room, standing room only. The nurses were nonplussed and said this is what always happens and kind of rolled their eyes and said Dr. Potter is always 5-6 hours late so just kind of expect that. It didn't feel like he really valued his patient's time.
He is very cocky, which would be ok if he were able to follow through. He gave my procedure an 80% chance of success and then in the actual procedure he said and i quote "this is so easy; i'm so bored" But then it didn't work.
When my FET occurred, I took a home pregnancy test everyday and I got a positive days 5-7 after the transfer, but then the line got weaker and I called the office for a blood test and they said i needed to wait 14 days for the blood test. it got lighter and lighter so I expected the blood test to be negative and it was. but I wanted to talk about what went wrong and they said the soonest debrief appointment was 4 months later. then the day of that appointment, they called and cancelled the appointment. it felt like they just didn't care about me, or dissecting what happened with my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija)
I worked with Natalija and really liked her. She was well informed and very helpful. I also really liked the staff at the fullerton office. Brianna and Deisy were wonderful people and I really appreciated the care they showed, and the way they communicated. I really trusted the nursing and office staff.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I went to both the Newport and Fullerton clinics. I really liked the Fullerton clinic, but did not like the Newport clinic as much. At the newport clinic I would often wait for up to 4 hours for my scheduled appointment.
The IVF was about $22,000 (including PGS on 13 embryos) and the FET was $3,500. Medication was about $10,000 for IVF and FET combined.
After originally saying they would only do eSET, after 2 egg retrievals, I only ended up with 2 PGS normal embryos, so then they said, well you can actually do either 1 or 2 together and let me choose.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. The clinic sent me an e-mail with the news and said they would find someone else to do the procedure, but that I wouldn't be able to meet the new doctor ahead of time. When my cycle failed, I wanted a debrief appointment and they said it would be 4 months, and then cancelled the day of the appointment when it finally rolled around. So then I wanted to move to another clinic and I asked them to send my paperwork to another clinic, another HRC clinic, within their system. But they said they lost my paperwork and it took many angry phone calls from me before they finally found it and agreed to send a copy.
Newport Beach

During our consultation, he seemed distracted and had not prepared or gone over our records from our first round of IVF. He doesn't do any of the ultrasounds himself...On the day of the retrieval, Dr. Potter was over an hour late as usual. Once we got the PGS report (all abnormal embryos), my ivf coordinator called instead of Dr. Potter himself and she couldn't answer any questions. I had to wait over a month to speak to him regarding the cycle.
There was a day where I didn't receive a call for direction on my meds so I called the office and my IVF coordinator [at HRC Fertility] was out for the day. There was no one on-call and I had to just hope she would check her email when she got home...treatment protocol = $17,170. meds were around $5k...
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
We had to wait over an hour for our initial consultation but that was expected from other reviews. During our consultation, he seemed distracted and had not prepared or gone over our records from our first round of IVF. He doesn't do any of the ultrasounds himself. I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy that cost $1865 and Dr. Potter spent about 5 minutes and then left the room w/out a word. I didn't even know we were done. On the day of the retrieval, Dr. Potter was over an hour late as usual. Once we got the PGS report (all abnormal embryos), my ivf coordinator called instead of Dr. Potter himself and she couldn't answer any questions. I had to wait over a month to speak to him regarding the cycle.
I would recommend she proceed with another doctor.
I felt like a number because no one in the office was welcoming. After the initial consultation, the lead IVF coordinator was supposed to contact me the next day since she was unavailable the day of our consultation. I did not hear from her and had to reach out myself a week later. I barely had any contact with Dr. Potter.
microdose lupron stimulation because Dr. Potter didn't think I would produce many eggs based on the follicle ultrasound count and fsh level. I ended up producing 22 eggs, 16 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5 and both abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Castillo)
After the initial consultation, the lead IVF coordinator was supposed to contact me the next day since she was unavailable the day of our consultation. I did not hear from her and had to reach out myself a week later. I came in for an initial ultrasound and was left in the exam room for half an hour when I was told the technician would be in right away. I had to flag someone down half naked because they forgot I was in there. . In the middle of my cycle, I had to start coming in every day for test and adjust my meds based on the results. There was a day where I didn't receive a call for direction on my meds so I called the office and my IVF coordinator was out for the day. There was no one on-call and I had to just hope she would check her email when she got home.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I had a terrible experience overall from my coordinator, lab and ultrasound technicians, and doctor - I really don't have anything good to say about the clinic and I really regret wasting a cycle on this clinic.
treatment protocol = $17,170. meds were around $5k
We didn't get this far in the process.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I mentioned everything in my previous comments.
Newport Beach

He uses the exact same protocol for every single patient because he thinks he's perfect - it's arrogant and not the right way to treat fertility issues. ... He cancelled two FET cycles and he never changes them for the patient's needs ... They [HRC] didn't monitor me for an autoimmune disorder, which they said they would, and that is a potential cause of the miscarriage. ... He said it doesn't matter if you transfer one or two - whatever you want, he doesn't care. ...
They [HRC] didn't monitor me for an autoimmune disorder, which they said they would, and that is a potential cause of the miscarriage. ... She's [nurse] sarcastic, mean, makes you feel that everything is personally your fault, disorganized, etc. RUN AWAY and get a new coordinator. ... I have only had negative experiences and they clearly protect their own in a negative way.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Daniel Potter and his lead coordinator, Stephanie Castillo, are the worst people I have ever encountered in the medical field. RUN! He is described as "brilliant" by the people who he pays, and no one else.
Run away, find a new doctor right now!
He doesn't care about his patients at all - he only cares how many he gets pregnant so his rates go up. He cancelled two FET cycles and he never changes them for the patient's needs - he thinks he's perfect. He's extremely arrogant. Run away from this doctor
I could write a novel on how terrible she is and I literally think she should not be allowed to see patients again in her life. She is horrible. She's sarcastic, mean, makes you feel that everything is personally your fault, disorganized, etc. RUN AWAY and get a new coordinator.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I have only had negative experiences and they clearly protect their own in a negative way. It seems that they preference protecting their doctors and nurses and everyone who they pay over their patients. If you want to find someone who cares for you, and someone who will make sure you get pregnant the way you need to - go anywhere else.
Over the last 9 months of treatment, $35000 - $40000 in costs.
He said it doesn't matter if you transfer one or two - whatever you want, he doesn't care. That says a lot about him because two is a serious increase in risks and there are so many more benefits with a single embryo transfer if you can!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
They didn't monitor me for an autoimmune disorder, which they said they would, and that is a potential cause of the miscarriage.
Newport Beach

With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed.... Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff.
They [HRC Fullerton] are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed....
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Strengths: intelligent, high success rates, skill Weakness: lack of compassion, lack of time, consistently late (staff members had even candidly shared this with me), poor response time, flat affect. Dr. Potter has opened a Infertility Clinic in China in the past year. As a result, I believe he is spread “way too thin”. Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff. Considering the amount of money I have paid to the clinic, I had higher expectations. For example, I had questions for Dr. Potter at one point and was told I could not communicate with him because he was in China. Another example, I had very sensitive PGS testing results, and his ultrasound tech delivered the results rather than him. Another time, I paid an additional $100 for a 15 minute meeting with him (in which he was an hour late for), regarding a treatment plan for which I had already paid $20k+ for. These instances made me feel that his primary interest was money making vs me as a patient.
He is an intelligent infertility specialist. However, do not expect that he will ever be on time, you will always wait at least an hour or more with every encounter with him. Do not expect hand-holding, or compassion. He is a bookish, matter-of-fact type. Communication in my opinion is poor.
With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed. At one point, I intentionally called him out for being late, and I did not receive an apology, rather a poor excuse. Despite my dissatisfaction, I still proceeded with care as I told myself, I didn’t care about bedside manner as long as I had results. I also felt that I didn’t have a choice but to proceed as I had already made an out of pocket cash payment in full.
I had a uterine septum Dr. Potter corrected prior to any egg retrievals or potential transfers, with good outcome. He initiated a insulin resistant/metformin protocol, even though my GTT yielded normal results. This was in response to me yielding a low number of eggs during the first retrieval. It did not improve the outcome for my second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija Matic )
Natalija was my care coordinator, but not a nurse. She was an ultrasound tech. She seemed skilled and knowledgeable in her role. However, I also felt she was “spread way too thin”. Her role overlapped with that of Dr. Potter. I think a lot of what should be his responsibility fell onto her lap, just simply because he didn’t have the time for it. I actually never worked with a nurse from the clinic (only surgery center) during my whole treatment there.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Communication is adequate. Better than Dr. Potter’s response time. They are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed.
Approx $20k for 2 retrievals, transfer, labs and US $2k for hysteroscopy/septal repair Approx $8-10k for medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Most recently, I had requested medical records be sent to my primary physician, using the correct “authorization to release medical info” form. I faxed the form and specifically spoke with someone who said they would handle it within 2-5 business days. 2 months later, my physician had not received it. Upon my second follow up call, it was finally sent over. Another time, about 5 months ago, I was sent an outside lab bill in which I had paid OOP. The finance department said they would follow up and call me back. A week later I did not receive a call. I filed a concern to the manager of the department regarding the follow up. This issue still has not been resolved.
Fullerton
Potter is straight to the point. There is no fluff in his demeanor or bed side manner. If you have a question, he will answer it straight up. He’s definitely not someone I would recommend to my friends that need more TLC...Because we completed PGS testing, he said if we wanted twins...place two embryos but explained risks...Be ready with your questions when you first meet him and don’t expect fluff
The [HRC Fertility] clinic team made me like they cared for my results genuinely...There’s multiple locations in the area so it was convenient for a working person that needs to get multiple lab draws. The clinics were clean and organized. The doctors aren’t always on site so you don’t have access to them but the care coordinators are always available...[nurse] Amanda has been amazing and genuine. I can’t say enough great things about her.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Be ready with your questions when you first meet him and don’t expect fluff
The clinic team made me like they cared for my results genuinely
For my first cycle, we were going for a fresh embryo transfer. We didn’t know any better and Dr. Potter felt like we were good candidates since it was male infertility factor. The clinic was able to perform PGS testing prior to transferring the embryo which is something not a lot of clinics can offer. For my FET, I was on lupron for 21 days prior to starting estradiol and then progesterone IM and suppositories for a week prior to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Seller )
Amanda has been amazing and genuine. I can’t say enough great things about her.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
We received a veterans discount so one full cycle was $12,300 without medications.
Fullerton
He [Dr. Potter] is knowledgeable and clearly accomplishe din the field. that is why ppl go to him but i do think his bedside manner and level of involement could b ebetter. you do feel like the staff do everything and he does one or two things and that is it. plus i wanted to know about other options before ivf but he kept insisting ivf and he could have gone through that withme.
It is nice and clean and staff [HRC] is helpful. Definitely be proactive and organized as you need to follow up with them and also know that doctors are very booked so it is hard getting an appointment. The nurses do help in setting up your schedule but dealing with insurance is a headache so make sure you know your insurance process. the testing and diagnostics were good and clean but sometimes i felt i had to ask the questions from lab techs to know what was going on.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is knowledgeable and clearly accomplishe din the field. that is why ppl go to him but i do think his bedside manner and level of involement could b ebetter. you do feel like the staff do everything and he does one or two things and that is it. plus i wanted to know about other options before ivf but he kept insisting ivf and he could have gone through that withme.
Ask questions and know what you want
It was very dry and basic overview, i felt it was more he could make IVF work and be a part of statistics of success rate but it wasn't very personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalijia Matic )
Natalia nd Stephanie were helpful and great. I was very organized and on top of it but i felt they answered and supported me.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It is nice and clean and staff is helpful. Definitely be proactive and organized as you need to follow up with them and also know that doctors are very booked so it is hard getting an appointment. The nurses do help in setting up your schedule but dealing with insurance is a headache so make sure you know your insurance process. the testing and diagnostics were good and clean but sometimes i felt i had to ask the questions from lab techs to know what was going on.
Newport Beach

He [Dr. Potter] is really smart but it was just tough to see decifer if he was selling us or if he was telling us the truth about our situation. Again, the wait times were enormous which made us feel like just another patient.... He put us on clomid, which resulted in a singleton birth. We found out later how we won the lottery with our healthy baby due to genetic issues.... He was a bit all over the place when I saw him and it was tough to know when he was being truthful of my situation or just trying to sell me more treatments.
The wait times were ridiculous with Potter and it was sad that they [HRC Newport] kept on finding excuses for him. I wish they would have been more honest about the wait times. There was one girl who was really poor at drawing blood; everytime I would get my blood drawn by her I would have some of the worst black and blue marks for days.... Stephanie [nurse] was responsive and very helpful.... The wait times were longer than any other doctor
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is really smart but it was just tough to see decifer if he was selling us or if he was telling us the truth about our situation. Again, the wait times were enormous which made us feel like just another patient.
Be prepared to wait!
The wait times were longer than any other doctor I had ever seen in my life. He was a bit all over the place when I saw him and it was tough to know when he was being truthful of my situation or just trying to sell me more treatments.
Stephanie was responsive and very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The wait times were ridiculous with Potter and it was sad that they kept on finding excuses for him. I wish they would have been more honest about the wait times. There was one girl who was really poor at drawing blood; everytime I would get my blood drawn by her I would have some of the worst black and blue marks for days.
We paid our sessions with him, some blood work and the clomid. I don't remember exactly prices.
We didn't get this far with Potter.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I felt Dr. Potter is treating all the patients with the same schedule. Instead of seeing him to evaluate my progress during the cycle I was seeing by the nurses all the time. My body was not evaluated based on my body's response on every step of the cycles and instead I was given a long schedule in the beginning to follow...I never had modification on my schedule while I was doing 3 cycles with Dr. Potter which means I was just another number for him
The only good thing [of HRC Fertility] was that everything was done in the same building...Some cost were not discussed originally like anesthesia or some injections that they charged me the day of and I had to pay cash out of pocket. Generally they might be a little cheaper compared to some other infertility dr treatments which I think is due to the fact that they threat everyone like number will similar schedule.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is not good communicator at all. Always running late for all of his appointments. He was not evaluating my body's progress himself as the Dr in charge...everything has done by his nurses except the actual procedures. After 3 unsuccessful cycle he told me I dont have a chance to become pregnant myself and I can either get serogate or I can see an immunologist to find out why my body is not accepting and implementing the embryos.
Select a Dr. Who threat you as an individual and follow your unique body response on every steps of the way.
I felt Dr. Potter is treating all the patients with the same schedule. Instead of seeing him to evaluate my progress during the cycle I was seeing by the nurses all the time. My body was not evaluated based on my body's response on every step of the cycles and instead I was given a long schedule in the beginning to follow. Az I changed my doctor later on I learned that there is no one treatment for all. Everyone's body reacted to the same medication differently and its totally wrong to use one schedule fits all. I never had modification on my schedule while I was doing 3 cycles with Dr. Potter which means I was just another number for him. Very disappointed.
I don't remember the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
I never had any problems with the nurses
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only good thing was that everything was done in the same building. As I said I recommend to see an individual Dr who threat patients for their specific needs based on their body's response to medications.
Dr. Potter had no recommendation in this regards.