5.4

1950 Sunnycrest Dr.
Fullerton, CA 92835
500 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663

We transferred two embryos that were untested. [Dr. Potter] recommended testing for a single embryos transfer, but I opted not to...Watch his YouTube videos or tv appearances first and get a since of his personality...Even after I found out I had DOR he was still optimistic but and used an aggressive treatment plan in hopes of maximizing my chances of creating embryos..
The nursing staff was warm and supportive especially before procedures...HRC offers a great military discount. It’s half off of whatever the cost is...The strengths are the nursing staff and the location, we made our first round a Newport Beach vacation. They have a ton of locations and doctors. So if you don’t like one you are free to move and don’t have to worry about records request and embryo moving fees. You can simply sign a form and switch clinics or doctors.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
I had consulted with several other doctors prior to Dr. Potter and almost always left in tears. No matter how compassionate they were, they were not optimistic and always commented oh they were surprised I was so young. Dr. Potter was the complete opposite. He explained what he would do so I would be successful. Even after I found out I had DOR he was still optimistic but and used an aggressive treatment plan in hopes of maximizing my chances of creating embryos. When I was disappointed in the amount of eggs retrieved he was again optimistic and happy with the results. My biggest issue with Dr.Potter was that he didn’t typically run on time. He was on time to our embryo transfer, and that’s about it. He transferred two embryos since we did not PGS test, I have a healthy baby boy. Other doctors made us feel like time was running out, and we needed to quickly proceed with IVF even though I was 28/29 at the time. He was never condescending in his explanations. He simply explained what my issues were, why they were issues and how he would go around them to achieve pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Watch his YouTube videos or tv appearances first and get a since of his personality. Don’t go to your appointment hungry in case there is a waiting period long than you expect. Have as many questions as possible ready for the first consultation because all other inquiries go through his coordinator.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
I felt like a human for some things and a number for others. The initial consultation with Dr.Potter he was very optimistic and personable, but he doesn’t do his own scans you will see a random tech each time, he does do his own procedures though which is nice but he is very busy and was often late. He’s also the medical director and probably the most popular doctor in the Newport Clinic but waiting adds to feeling like a number. All of my questions were answer by his coordinator and all correspondence after our initial consultation was through his coordinator.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We used a micro dose lupron flare at high doses protocol due to DOR, we used metformin to combat insulin resistance prior to starting the cycle and did intralipids prior to transfer and a sterile with baby aspirin afterwards. At the time they recommended bed rest after transfer I’m not certain if they still do this currently. But I did 24 hours of bed rest.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff was warm and supportive especially before procedures. You can tell they enjoy what they do and that they enjoy where they work.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I have had zero issues with the clinic as a whole. The strengths are the nursing staff and the location, we made our first round a Newport Beach vacation. They have a ton of locations and doctors. So if you don’t like one you are free to move and don’t have to worry about records request and embryo moving fees. You can simply sign a form and switch clinics or doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
HRC offers a great military discount. It’s half off of whatever the cost is. I don’t remember the exact cost now. I’m just grateful they had that option.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We transferred two embryos that were untested. He recommended testing for a single embryos transfer, but I opted not to. He then said he would want to transfer two. At 29 he said 50 percent are probably normal. Two were transferred and we have one child from that cycle.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Potter was agressive in the way of medication and dosage instructed. I have few and not so great eggs so it was important to be able to get as many as possible during the egg retrieval....He was proactive in coming up with a plan...Dr. Potter is great at what he does which is why so many people want to be under his treatment which can lead to him being very busy. So there were visits which led to long wait times and once you get your turn to meet with him it seemed rushed at times.
The strength of this clinic [HRC] would be they are orgnanized and work like a well oiled machine in the way of being efficent with communication and your care but a weakness would be the long wait times we endured just to see the doctor...Our care coordinator was amazing. She was there to answer any questions or concerns along the way and explained the treatment and process in a way we could understand. The nursing staff was helpful and showed concern and compassion.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
When my husband and I first met with Dr. Potter we knew right then we wanted him to be the one to help us on our journey to starting a family which was going to involve IVF. We had read many great reviews on him and his accomplishments in the fertility world. He was proactive in coming up with a plan in the way injections and all that was needed for a successful embryo transfer. We started the process a month or so after meeting with him. When we were to meet with him a long wait time was usually involved. But he is a popular guy and we understand we were not the only ones in need of his care. My egg retrieval resulted in 5 mature eggs and only one developed into an embryo which we had transferred at 3 days. We were not able to do any genetic testing on the embryo as planned since there was just the one and there was a concern with it surviving the extra couple of days outside of me. The transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy test. We were elated! At the 6 week ultrasound when we were told we would hear the heartbeat there was no heartbeat to hear. At week 7 we saw the heartbeat but did not hear it. At week 8 we had an Ultrasound with Dr. Potter and the pregnancy was confirmed a loss at that time. The pregnancy had stopped growing for whatever reason. I had a D & C shortly there after. We were devastated but we believe Dr. Potter did everything he could in an effort for us to have a healthy viable pregnancy. It did not work out that way but we would go back to him to try again in the future.
Be patient and plan on a long wait time at visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nataljia Matic )
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The strength of this clinic would be they are orgnanized and work like a well oiled machine in the way of being efficent with communication and your care but a weakness would be the long wait times we endured just to see the doctor.
Back in 2014 the IVF procedure itself was just under $9000, medication around $6500 (keep in mind we stopped medication at 8 weeks so it would have been more) and there are other costs such as the testing. ultrasounds, egg retrieval, etc. We also had the D & C procedure. Our total out of pocket expense for the one IVF cycle was just under $19,000.
I only had one embryo to transfer so I am not certain what would have happened had there been 2 or more.
Newport Beach

We retrieved a good number of eggs, but unfortunately my quality was not great and we did not have many embryos at the end of the wait. [Dr. Daniel Potter] is adjusting my protocol accordingly and we hope to have a better result this next cycle...I feel that Potter’s bedside manner is not warm. He is often late to appointments. But for me, I personally don’t want to be coddled. I like that when I ask him questions he gives me the answer and the WHY.
[HRC is] Incredibly clean, the staff is friendly and timely, and they have their own lab which I like. As for weaknesses, I don’t have much to share in that regard since I’m still in treatment. Nothing jumps out at me thus far...HRC does things differently and you don’t see or talk with [your doctor] much. But I love my coordinator and feel that HRC has a great lab and doctors...Natalija [nurse] is great. She always takes the time to make me feel better and understand the reason for her answers.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
We retrieved a good number of eggs, but unfortunately my quality was not great and we did not have many embryos at the end of the wait. Potter is adjusting my protocol accordingly and we hope to have a better result this next cycle.
If you need to be coddled or have strict times in and out of appointments, he may not be for you. HRC does things differently and you don’t see or talk with Potter much. But I love my coordinator and feel that HRC has a great lab and doctors.
My first retrieval was a microdose flare protocol. My body over reacted to that protocol. My next will be a long lupron cycle with added growth hormone. The hope is for longer and more controlled suppression and growth hormone to assist with quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija)
Natalija is great. She always takes the time to make me feel better and understand the reason for her answers.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
It was simply for my birth control. The clinic didn’t call in the prescription. But once I told them they immediately fixed it.
Newport Beach

We had our initial consult with Dr. Potter and he suggested we do further testing. He found out that I’m insulin resistant and that could have been a contributing factor to my miscarriage. I really liked his thoughts that we will exhaust all tests before we do a transfer. He’s a little quirky but very intelligent and that’s all that matters to me.
The employees at the [HRC] Newport Beach clinic are very nice and the facility is very clean. The Laguna Hills Office is a satellite office and is more quaint. The NEWPORT Beach Office is usually behind schedule and Dr. Potter runs really behind. Overall, the clinic is run very well.... Allyn Ann, my nurse practitioner with both doctors, is absolutely incredible. She was so helpful and compassionate through this very difficult process. I would recommend any of my friends to work with her. Natalija, my coordinator, is really good too. She is very responsive and compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He’s quirky but he is very thorough and intelligent.
We have only met Dr. Potter once for our initial consult and he was very to the point. I didn’t necessarily feel like a number or a human with him.
We haven’t started the specific treatment yet - we are getting ready to start soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija )
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The employees at the Newport Beach clinic are very nice and the facility is very clean. The Laguna Hills Office is a satellite office and is more quaint. The NEWPORT Beach Office is usually behind schedule and Dr. Potter runs really behind. Overall, the clinic is run very well.
We have not been told of the costs for Dr. Potter but I believe it’s the same as the previous doctor we were with - $20,000
We are not at that point yet.
Newport Beach

I was looking for a more personable and warm experience to help guide me through the process but didn’t get that. I rarely interacted with him [Dr. Daniel Potter] and mostly things were coordinated through his office and coordinator. Overall, happy that I have a son but it took 2 tries with 1 embryo each time... He’s a busy doctor...Knowledgeable and professional...
I had a couple of care coordinators [at HRC Fertility] and they were ok...staff was rather disorganized...not overly friendly. I felt like just a number...Would get bills for things that were already paid for...they didn’t follow through on transferring my info to OB...[Nursing staff] for my procedures were EXCELLENT...made me feel so comfortable and cared for during a scary time.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Knowledgeable and professional. I was looking for a more personable and warm experience to help guide me through the process but didn’t get that. I rarely interacted with him and mostly things were coordinated through his office and coordinator. Overall, happy that I have a son but it took 2 tries with 1 embryo each time. I can’t complain though! He gave me a wonderful son! I would still recommend him.
Don’t expect to see him at each visit. He will be there for your main procedures though.
It didn’t feel that personal at times. He’s a busy doctor
I don’t recall these details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
I had a couple of care coordinators and they were ok. I felt them and overall staff was rather disorganized. However, Nursing staff in the office for my procedures were EXCELLENT They made me feel so comfortable and cared for during a scary time.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Disorganized at times and not overly friendly. I felt like just a number. Would get bills for things that were already paid for. Also they didn’t follow through on transferring my info to OB doctor as we requested etc.
Don’t recall. First time was about 25-30K
I only had one embryo so could only transfer one. If I had two, he would have transferred 2.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I explained it earlier. They didn’t transfer my paperwork to the OB office that was literally upstairs from them.