5.4

1950 Sunnycrest Dr.
Fullerton, CA 92835
500 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling...I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle...The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed...Amanda [nurse at HRC Fertility] is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling. A lot of his negative reviews say that he has a poor bedside manner, but we actually really like him and are huge fans of how honest he is. He also does a great job explaining things in terms that we can understand! We feel really confident that he will help us achieve our dream of being parents. The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Take his advice and follow his steps exactly. He knows what he’s doing and has done this enough that his experience is going to help you! Trust the process and the plan!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He just has a lot going on and a specialist in that field cannot get overly invested in their patients because of how hard infertility is on each and every patient! We are still working with him and really believe he will help us get a child!
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle! I trust him completely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away. Being infertile is hard, but having Amanda as your coordinator helps!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed!
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He follows the ASRM guidelines and makes recommendations based on that! He wants success for you and first and foremost wants to do know harm. He will help you make the right decision for you!
Fullerton
We only transferred one embryo. He said transferring two is not a good idea unless we had a strong desire for twins...He seems calm, focused and unhurried and gave me all of the attention and time I needed for each visit...The last ultrasound I saw Dr. Potter and he was about 15 minutes late but spent time going over my results and what to expect..
It was busy every time I had an appointment. Most of my monitoring visits were with the ultrasound tech. The phlebotomists were all really good. It was really efficient and I was in and out usually in 30 minutes...We got quick email responses [from the HRC Fertility nurses] to questions usually within an hour but always the same day...It was about $24,000 including meds, pre-testing, anesthesia, and all the IVF fees including the FET cycle,
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter was very warm empathetic. He made my husband and I comfortable. I think it helps that he has been through IVF as a patient. He was highly recommended as the Dr with the best success rates and he delivered for us.
Dr. Potter is busy and I had to wait 30 minutes for one of my appointments. It is worth the wait though. He seems calm, focused and unhurried and gave me all of the attention and time I needed for each visit.
The staff and Dr. Potter were warm and friendly. Sr. Potter seemed genuinely interested and invested in me and the outcome of my treatment. Stephannie was good at getting back to me right away when I emailed questions.
Dr. Potter performed a thorough evaluation. He recommended tests that my first doctor did not. I was found to have insulin resistance which was not considered by my first MD or my OB. I was on 1menopur and 150 of Follistim. I took Ganerelix towards the end and triggered with Lupron. We got 17 eggs, 12 fertilized. We had 5 normals after genetic testing. We froze all the embryos and came back the following month. We had excellent embryo quality. We delivered at health boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephannie)
Stephannie was in contact with me most days during the stimulation. We got quick email responses to questions usually within an hour but always the same day
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It is a beautiful modern facility. It was clean and well decorated. It was busy every time I had an appointment. Most of my monitoring visits were with the ultrasound tech. The phlebotomists were all really good. It was really efficient and I was in and out usually in 30 minutes. The last ultrasound I saw Dr. Potter and he was about 15 minutes late but spent time going over my results and what to expect. The front desk seemed inexperienced.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
It was about $24,000 including meds, pre-testing, anesthesia, and all the IVF fees including the FET cycle, genetic testing of the embryos and freezing. Storage for one year was included.
We only transferred one embryo. He said transferring two is not a good idea unless we had a strong desire for twins. He said that the pregnancy rate was close to 80% with one embryo of the quality we had (5bb).
Newport Beach

HRC in Newport Beach is an excellent clinic. Everything was efficient, comfortable and patient-friendly. I felt at ease when in their offices. I was coming from out of state and they are very used to dealing with out of state and international patients...The nursing staff were extremely responsive, helpful, and compassionate....
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. We wanted to go with the best and we knew his lab would also be excellent. He is very busy and would sometimes be running late for appointments but he was always pleasant, thorough, understanding and direct. He is also sympathetic to individuals who may have a gender preference and did not make us feel badly for wanting to try for a specific gender. My experience as a patient was excellent. We got the results we wanted and couldn’t be more pleased.
He may be a bit late for appointments because he is highly sought after and doesn’t rush his patients. He has a direct manner and will answer any questions you have. We really appreciated that he wasn’t afraid to give us “predictions” and they all turned out to be correct.
While Dr. Potter is extremely sought after and busy, I never felt rushed during our conversations. After my embryo transfers, he would stay back and chat with me. I appreciated that he spent that extra time with me.
I prepared for my frozen embryo transfers with Crinone taken daily and estradiol injections every three days. I much prefer to have estradiol injections every three days and take Crinone suppositories vaginally. This protocol worked well for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff were extremely responsive, helpful, and compassionate.
Newport Beach

Dr. Potter is very passionate about what he does. He's compassionate yet direct when discussing treatment and outcomes. He runs quite a bit late at times but most doctors who perform procedures usually do... The cycle began with birth control pills for 3 weeks, Lupron 10 units for 10 days then Lupron 5 units for 10 days, 10 days of Gonal and 10 days of Menopur. The cycle was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work. The dosages of Gonal and Menopur were adjusted once 4 days before the egg retrieval. I was also instructed to take 2 hCG Ovidrel (trigger) shots about 35 hours prior to the retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval, I began my 5 day dosage of Doxycycline (terrible tasting pills).
Strengths: The Surgical team, PA's and coordinators. HRC Newport Beach has a fascinating state of the art embryology lab, surgical center and office all in the same building. They have a very organized process in place to coordinate treatment. Lab and ultrasound appointments were always fast. Weaknesses: They are a very busy practice and might have some extended wait for doctor visits.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
I would probably advise to prepare for a longer wait time and to not expect Dr.Potter to be the warmest. Everything "infertility" entails waiting periods. We're all there to get pregnant and if the main focus is the skill and success rates of the doctor and practice, then waiting a little extra is worth it.
The HRC practice is very busy; it's hard not to feel like a number. The process is very transactional and initially it felt as if my treatment plan was the 'cookie cutter' for all new patients. Of course that was not the case and changes were made to my cycle as it progressed. There was great communication and I felt that I was in the best hands. I will also add that making me feel like a "human" is not my top priority, getting pregnant and becoming a mother is.
The cycle began with birth control pills for 3 weeks, Lupron 10 units for 10 days then Lupron 5 units for 10 days, 10 days of Gonal and 10 days of Menopur. The cycle was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work. The dosages of Gonal and Menopur were adjusted once 4 days before the egg retrieval. I was also instructed to take 2 hCG Ovidrel (trigger) shots about 35 hours prior to the retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval, I began my 5 day dosage of Doxycycline (terrible tasting pills). After the retrieval, I began estradiol (injection), progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin and continued with prenatal vitamins. I observed the recommended 72 hours of bedrest with light activity after. After realizing my hCG numbers weren't doubling, Dr. Potter quickly ordered more blood work. My progesterone was low and had me come into the office on the same day and disbursed enough progesterone for the next few days until my rx from the pharmacy arrived. My hCG numbers doubled after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
The coordinators and surgical staff are the most incredible and caring team. They are as compassionate and they are knowledgable.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
My insurance does not cover IVF. The IVF cycle including ICSI, PGD, anesthesia and labs: $15,900. Medications: approx $4,500 since a few were covered by insurance. The costs of IVF has increased as of the end of last year but I don't know what they are.
Dr. Potter briefly discussed this during our initial consultation and he appeared neutral. Since my cycle resulted in 1 normal embryo, it was not discussed in depth.
Newport Beach
Dr. Potter seems to be very inquisitive and likes to exhaust all avenues to see what could be causing infertility. Before we met him, he has my wife run some tests and that’s how he found out she’s insulin resistant, which could be a contributing factor to our infertility issues. He is running more tests before we do the retrieval and transfer to make sure we are able to have the best embryos possible and the best envinroment when we do the transfer. He definitely does not have a lot of emotions, however, that does not bother me or my wife. One frustrating issue is that he is late. He was an hour late for our first meeting.
The clinic [HRC-Fullerton] is very clean and in a good location. Overall, everyone is very friendly and the nurses were great with the u/s and drawing blood. The one weakness is the accounting department could be improved. There were a few misunderstandings about the fees and that was Frustrating.... Allyn Ann, our nurse practitioner, was beyond helpful. She was there for my wife when she had any questions and would take the time to explain the procedure and the results. She was extremely responsive. Natalija, our coordinator, is also very good. She is very responsive and explains the steps very well.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Don’t have the expectation to have your hand held through this process. However, he is very intelligent and the me that is more important.
Dr. Potter took the time to see what issues my wife and I may have. He ultimately found out that my wife insulin resistant and that could have contributed to poor egg quality and our miscarriage. He is very straightforward and lacks a long of emotion.
We haven’t started the procedures yet. We are waiting until I do the final testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allyn Ann)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and in a good location. Overall, everyone is very friendly and the nurses were great with the u/s and drawing blood. The one weakness is the accounting department could be improved. There were a few misunderstandings about the fees and that was Frustrating.
I believe about $23,000.
We have not gotten to that point yet with Dr. Potter.
Fullerton

Love that they have their own lab [at HRC - Fullerton] so they can do fresh transfers with PGS!!!...[Nurse] Natalie is amazing! She gave me all the information I desired, shows empathy and compassion. She even helped me transfer to a regular OB/GYN early because I could not afford all the ultrasounds as we have Kaiser HMO so nothing at HRC was covered. I still email her from time to time. Earlier this week I emailed her to ask about starting another cycle for a second baby and she answered it in minutes with the perfect amount of detail and did not mind my following up with questions to clarify...
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Doctor Potter did not have the most warm bedside manner, but he was honest and frank with us. He answered my questions and gave the in depth responses I desired. However, I did not feel like he remembered us even from the time frame between retrieval and transfer (6 days). He treated my husband and I both as important people involved in the decision process. We appreciated that as so many others in the infertility world seem to act as if only the woman matters. He was very confident and practical. He did not hide anything from us. My favorite thing he did was say "now take good care of that baby girl" as we were leaving after the transfer. It was so touching and made me feel like I was a mom, it makes me cry just thinking about it. We are planning on doing another cycle with him next year in hopes of getting a sibling for are dear daughter.
He may not have the warmest bedside manner, but he is good at his job and will listen to you and give you the information you need. I trust him implicitly because of these qualities.
The first nurse/coordinator I had, Natalija, did not give me the information I requested during our cycle- she told me I didn't need to know what my AF count or estradiol levels were because "it would stress me out." She said some nurses give that information, but she doesn't. Further along she wouldn't even acknowledge my questions for clarification on things and simply tell me to look at the materials provided (which I had ALREADY looked at and did not have the information I wanted). I later switched to a different nurse/coordinator, Natalie, and she gave me the in depth information I was seeking. She continues to treat me as a valued person even though I am currently not in treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: First Natalija, then Natalie-- I will answer with Natalie in mind)
Natalija was nice and sympathetic, however, she did not want to give me details or detailed answers to my questions. Several email exchanges will show she didn't even always read what my questions were before answering. The 4th time that my interaction with her had me in tears and feeling incredibly angry I called and spoke to her supervisor and requested another nurse/coordinator. At that point they gave me Natalie. Natalie is amazing! She gave me all the information I desired, shows empathy and compassion. She even helped me transfer to a regular OB/GYN early because I could not afford all the ultrasounds as we have Kaiser HMO so nothing at HRC was covered. I still email her from time to time. Earlier this week I emailed her to ask about starting another cycle for a second baby and she answered it in minutes with the perfect amount of detail and did not mind my following up with questions to clarify. I'm keeping her forever!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Love that they have their own lab so they can do fresh transfers with PGS!!!
We spent at total of $17,000 including medications for ICSI, IVF, ultrasounds, PGS, and first 2 betas. ICSI was about $1200, anesthesia was $400, Meds we $3,400.
We did not have a conversation regarding this as two of our three embryos that made it were found to have chromosomal abnormalities leaving us with only one option.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Our first nurse/coordinator Natalija gave us conflicting information compared to what our doctor said a few times that I had to clarify. It was good I had taken notes because I wouldn't have caught it otherwise. Once asked she would check and what my notes said were correct. The clinic routinely failed to call the correct phone number with our results, no matter how many times we told them to call my husbands cell phone and not mine. Each time they'd say they were sorry and they would make a note of it. This added a lot of stress because they kept calling my cell that was not receiving all calls or taking voicemails at the time. When I'd finally get ahold of them Natalija's (our coordinator) assistant/co-worker Rose would say "oh, you finally called back. You really should have returned our call earlier!" 😡 When we switched coordinators to Natalie the information never conflicted and my husbands cell was called first as we had requested.
2015, Successful
We would definitely use Dr. Potter again. He gets very good results. We felt like he understood what we wanted, and answered our questions. The one downside is that he is busy, and not good at staying prompt with his schedule. We would routinely wait an hour or more to see him.
HRC is a pretty big operation, we went to the Newport office and liked it better than the Fullerton office where we first went. It's a new facility with the embryology lab in the same building, so there's no transfer or shipping, and they can do the PGS testing immediately so they can do fresh transfers.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He's very good, but have your questions prepared in advance of your appointment, and be prepared to wait to see him.
The entire staff at HRC Newport are very good and keep you informed. We really loved our coordinator and the nurses. Dr. Potter has a great attitude, and we felt like he cared about us, but you don't see him nearly as much as the other staff, who are the ones keeping in touch with you day to day.
We started with medicated IUIs, two with Clomid. The first cycle we did 2 IUIs, and the second we asked to do 1 to save on the donor vials. After those didn't work, we asked to change the medication, and used Gonal-f. This worked too well, and we ended up being given the option to cancel or to move to IVF. We did the IVF and retrieved 21, with 13 making it to day 5. Because of these good results, we were counseled to do PGS testing, and we ended with 9 normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
We really liked lots of the staff. Stephanie was our coordinator, and she really kept us sane. For the most part, emails and calls were answered promptly, and we didn't feel like we weren't cared about. They really made it feel like they were excited for us.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Our insurance covered only 50% of certain tests, and no actual treatments. Our IUI cycles, with donor vials, were around $3,000 each, of which the vials were the largest cost. Our final IUI that was converted to IVF was around $9000, and then the PGS screening was $4,600. Then there was an $700 or $800 freeze/storage charge for the remaining embryos. After we were pregnant, then our insurance covered the post IVF ultrasounds. We did have a moderate case of OHSS, and they did a draining procedure, but this was also covered by insurance since it was a 'pregnancy complication.'

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Potter makes you feel comfortable. Talks to you about personal things like his kids and his own battle with fertility. ... He’s blunt about your odds of success and helps you as much as he can to reach that success. ... The man always gives you a sense of warmth. It just makes you want to hug him. His ultimate goal is to help you get your family, and you can feel that. ... It [Eset approach] wasn’t really brought up. We were okay with multiples.
I honestly can not complain. If there was an error, it was fixed properly and we moved on. ... I had no problem contacting individuals [HRC] , or getting questions answered in a timely manner. They were wonderful. ... They do offer an out of pocket discount as well. ... Our care coordinator gave us her personal cell phone number! I work in nursing and wouldn’t even do that! She is very proactive and gets the ball rolling!
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
The man always gives you a sense of warmth. It just makes you want to hug him. His ultimate goal is to help you get your family, and you can feel that. He’s blunt about your odds of success and helps you as much as he can to reach that success.
To pick him as your doctor. I recommend him to the fullest. Such a great guy.
lupron. Estrodial. Progesterone injections and suppositories. Medrol then transfer. Bedrest for 3 days, and continue meds until beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel yun)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I honestly can not complain. If there was an error, it was fixed properly and we moved on. The only hiccups in the process was my own body. I had no problem contacting individuals, or getting questions answered in a timely manner. They were wonderful.
Total was about $25k for everything including meds. (Our of pocket). They do offer an out of pocket discount as well.
It wasn’t really brought up. We were okay with multiples.
Newport Beach

Dr Potter is an amazing RE! He’s extremely intelligent and experienced. You may have to wait to see him (let’s be honest, you wait a lot), but he’s worth it. I’ve recommended several women to him all of which had successful ivf cycles.... We were MFI; no issues on the female side. We did a long Lupron protocol and 23 eggs were retrieved. 13 made it to day 5. We did PGS testing (I highly recommend it) and 5 came back normal.
Up to date and gorgeous clinic [HRC]. Highly trained and educated staff. Everyone is extremely kind and invested in you and the process. The sono rooms are nice as are the waiting rooms. Coffee is available. The surgery center is very high tech and up to date. You can also watch the embryologists woel begins the glass.... My coordinator, Stephanie, is wonderful! She always answered my questions and was there when needed.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Be patient. He’s late, a lot. But he’s worth it.
I always got answers to my questions. I got hugs when I needed and sympathy when I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Up to date and gorgeous clinic. Highly trained and educated staff. Everyone is extremely kind and invested in you and the process. The sono rooms are nice as are the waiting rooms. Coffee is available. The surgery center is very high tech and up to date. You can also watch the embryologists woel begins the glass.
Our first cycle was covered by insurance so it was less than 10k. For our FET we were given a military/veteran discount of 50% off.
He will allow you to transfer up to two PGS or non PGS embryos.

2015 - 2019, Successful
If you live out of state, I would highly recommend traveling to see Dr. Potter, it was worth the trip as I received better service and results ... Great Dr. Gets wonderful results! Loved going to HRC and seeing the staff there overall great experience! Couldn’t be happier with the result, had success with them!!!!!! I hope to cycle with them again this summer
Very clean, no complaints! Loved the staff and people there the experience was great!!!!! Wouldn’t have gone anywhere else but HRC, because of their high quality service!!!!!! Great place to do a transfer ... Great Dr. Gets wonderful results! Loved going to HRC and seeing the staff there overall great experience! Couldn’t be happier with the result, had success with them!!!!!! I hope to cycle with them again this summer
Love the staff they were very attentive! 1
I don’t remember, but it worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes Lori)
The best nurse by far
$10,000 for IVF with insurance
No questions

2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Potter was very aggressive with his treatment. He was very knowledgable... Dr Potter was not acquainted with the immunological side of things though he was willing to try any protocol an immunologist threw at me. In the end, He was three hours late to my last transfer. He left me sitting there. And left my embryo sitting there for three hours to long (in my opinion).
I felt like a number because they were so busy and often messed up my information... She [my nurse] did not return emails or phone calls... Dr Potter was very aggressive with his treatment. He was very knowledgable. The only downside is that he is always always always late. Very late. 3 or more hours late.
Be prepared to wait.
Dr Potter always uses the maximum stims, for a short stim cycle. He does the most aggressive approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija )
She did not return emails or phone calls
Newport Beach
Doctor potter was a very caring doctor during our initial consulate and even after we lost our first pregnancy. He explained everything in great detail and was super understanding of our situation...he only recommends 3-day bed rest after the transfer...he helped us achieve something we thought would be impossible..
[the HRC Fertility] was always available to take my calls and responded to my emails within a couple of hours, she was like our support system...we ended up paying around 25k...They were always welcoming they were basically like my 2nd family, loved going to my weekly visits, very comforting and relaxing. overall, I didn't have a problem with them at all even when I showed up late I would still be seen, because they understand that sometimes it's difficult to be on time.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
I can only recommend Dr.Potter, he helped us achieve something we thought would be impossible, I and my husband have been trying to have children for 5 years but then COIVD hit and we started thinking and that's when we made the best choice of our lives and went to HRC.
He does come off as kind of weird but he is a really good doctor, just be patient and trust in him and everything will work out. But one thing I must say, he only recommends 3-day bed rest after the transfer, what I found that worked for me was to be on bed rest till the day of the pregnancy exam, I have seen it increase the percentage of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
I absolutely love her, she was always available to take my calls and responded to my emails within a couple of hours, she was like our support system.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
very clean and the staff was super sweet. They were always welcoming they were basically like my 2nd family, loved going to my weekly visits, very comforting and relaxing. overall, I didn't have a problem with them at all even when I showed up late I would still be seen, because they understand that sometimes it's difficult to be on time.
it was pretty expensive we had to pay the whole treatment cost out of pocket because of our young age and the insurance did not cover it, so we ended up paying around 25k