Baystate Reproductive Medicine

FellowshipTufts
Springfield
3300 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01199
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel R. Grow to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Baystate Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Grow has a calm and friendly nature. He speaks calmly while providing patients with needed information. His happy and optimistic nature rubs off on patients. He is honest and provides suggestions in a non-threatening and reassuring manner....When with Dr. Grow, I was part of a double blind research study. Some of the information I was not privy to during the study. But, in consultation, Dr. Grow made it clear that he was hopeful to get some eggs for retrieval.
How was your experience with Daniel R. Grow at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel R. Grow at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
Do not be scared to ask questions :-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel R. Grow at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
Dr. Grow is extremely calm and welcoming. He has a nurturing demeanor. He was honest yet optimistic in his discussions with us.
Describe the protocols Daniel R. Grow used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical) and their degree of success.
When with Dr. Grow, I was part of a double blind research study. Some of the information I was not privy to during the study. But, in consultation, Dr. Grow made it clear that he was hopeful to get some eggs for retrieval. Once I began my cycle I was monitored just as must or even more so than a regular patient. Even before beginning the Study I had a consultation with Dr. Grow, a physical, two ultrasounds, internal exam, and multiple panels of blood work. I went in on day three, received an ultrasound, and was given the injectible study medication to take, I began with 12 mcg. I went back on day five and had more blood work and an ultrasound and was put on Ganirelix. I was also upped to 15 mcg of the injectible. I continued Ganirelix and the injectible, coming in on days 7, 8, and 9 for ultrasound and more bloodwork. On day 9 I took Novarel as a trigger. I retrieved on day 11 and began Endometrin tablets the following day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Shannon Brown, Glorimar Diaz)
The nurses were excellent. So kind. My primary nurses Shannon and Glorimar were fabulous. They were understanding, honest, compassionate, knowledgeable, eased my worries, informative, and were accessible through the entire process.
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
The clinic was easily accessible off of a major highway. It was clean, welcoming, bathrooms easily accessible, a coffee/tea bar, and bloodwork lab/patient suites organized downstairs from monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
I did have to go in at a certain window, especially as part of a study, but most times I did not have to wait terrible long. And, staff were so kind and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel R. Grow at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
For the workup I paid copays. Once in the study the costs were covered.
Describe Daniel R. Grow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
As part of the study my husband and I agreed to a single embryo transfer.
Daniel R. Grow
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)
Farmington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel R. Grow at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Daniel Grow] didn't mention PGS or give me an estimated chance of success on his own and I had to bring it up...My doctor did not communicate [his Eset Approach] with me...My first few rounds I very much felt like a number. I rarely saw him or had any communication with him. I had a conversation with him about my frustration with this experience. Afterwards he really made an effort to be more available, communicate more and treat me more like a person.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He genuinely wants to help people get pregnant. He was willing to look at my case and come with an individualized plan. He has a good bedside manner but you may not see him frequently. He was not good about communicating my chance of success and only did so when I asked after several failed cycles.
Ask him specific questions. He didn't mention PGS or give me an estimated chance of success on his own and I had to bring it up.
Clomid 100mg for 2 IUI cycles, no rational given. 1st failed, 2nd canceled for poor response. 1st IVF estrogen priming, 450 follistim, 150 menopur, no rational given, 4 eggs 2 fertilized 1 abnormal blastocyst. 2nd round birth control, lupron 20units, 450 follistim 150 menopur, cancelled converted to IUI, chemical pregnancy, originally no rational given but after cancelling he said it was an established protocol for deminished overian reserve. 3rd IVF growth hormone 3 units, lupron 20 units to 10 units, 300 follistim, 300 menopur, rational was that it tailored to my case. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 embryos, and 1 abnormal blastocyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Shannon )
My nurse Shannon is excellent and a good communicator.
They have a reputation of being a good clinician and they have some good doctors on staff. You may rarely see your doctor. Many scans are performed by random doctors and ultrasound technicians. Your doctor may not do your retrieval or transfer. They have a schedule for retrieval and your retrieval will be done by whoever is scheduled to perform retrievals that day.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. I didn't know who was going to do my scan until they walked in the room. You are given a cloth to drape and given as much privacy as possible.
Insurance covered treatment and most meds. PGS $1500 for biopsy each time.
My doctor did not communicate this with me
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
Daniel R. Grow
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)
Farmington