Southern California Reproductive Center

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Illinois
Bakersfield
100 Old River Road
Bakersfield, CA 93311
661-349-4966
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Rychlik to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Rychlik] was always very nice. Funny. Explained things when I needed. Kept me up to date on what was going on. I don't like to stress so a doctor with a sense of humor can definitely lighten the mood. I am also not the type of patient to ask a ton of questions as I put my trust in the doctor and know that this is their specialty and not mine.... I am under the impression that this protocol is for everyone and not just me.
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
He was always very nice. Funny. Explained things when I needed. Kept me up to date on what was going on. I don't like to stress so a doctor with a sense of humor can definitely lighten the mood. I am also not the type of patient to ask a ton of questions as I put my trust in the doctor and know that this is their specialty and not mine. This is my second fertility clinic and I'm under the impression that none of them hold your hand through anything really because they have way too many patients. With that said If I needed something or had a question I would just email my nurse.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Be ready to laugh.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Because he actually knew what was going on, my chart, whetehr he looked at it right before he saw me or not I dont know. But Ive been to a doctor that had no clue what was going on or that i was even a patient.
Describe the protocols Daniel Rychlik used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
I dont know that their was necessarily a strategy. I am under the impression that this protocol is for everyone and not just me. So Iwouldnt say I feel special or anything. 225 of Menopur, 225 of gonal f. Take prenatal, COQ10 and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Betty )
She was very helpful. She was my point of contact for most things. Very responsive and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The weaknesses would be the communication. I feel like the financial person could do a better job reviewing costs. I also think the staff can do a better job communicating what will happen next. I thin kthey might assume that everyone knows the drill. This is still very foreign to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center.
So far Ive spent almost 18k but medications are very expensive
Describe Daniel Rychlik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We havent discussed
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Rychlik was very open and honest throughout our first cycle / transfer and ultimate miscarriage. As this was our first time with IVF, he did explain a lot of what was happening. There were periods were maybe things were painted a little too positive and expectations were set too high. Which in the moment I appreciated. We are now on our second cycle with Dr. Rychlik and more realistic about what could happen. He's onboard with our needs and requests to get it all straight. So I feel like we have a true partner here.
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He makes times for all patients - even being the one to take my blood tests occasionally. So be sure to ask ANY and ALL questions you want. He will answer.
The entire staff, especially the nurses, came to know me very well. If I was nervous, scared, etc. Dr. Rychlik knew to tell me jokes and make me laugh when asked. He broke down everything that was going on, from the positive pregnancy test to the ultimate miscarriage. After the DNC and leading up to it, he would call me personally to check in. I'm not back for my second FET and he / the team, is being even more candid and honest and open - as this isn't our first go-round!
We went with a very straightforward protocol - IVF/ICIS with genetic testing. As it was more male factor, we didn't go too aggressive for the retrieval and I responded really well to all the drugs - never feeling too poor. We ended up with 2 genetically tested embryos and transferred 1 Day 5. It resulted in a positive! Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing between 5 and 6 weeks. Even though it was genetically tested, apparently this can happen (I do wish I was more prepared). However, after some months off now, we are going back for our next FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashely May)
Ashely was/is exceptional. In fact, the entire nursing staff and coordinators are amazing. Everyone was responsive, open, honest. They took the time to answer any and all questions, never making me feel like I was annoying or stressed. Every visit was like hanging out with girlfriends who only had my best interests and my family's in mind. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC Santa Barbara is small, which I like - you feel like you have a personalized medical team. Given how big SCRC is in LA, I also felt like I was with the best of the best. I'm not sure how prices compare, but there aren't many other options in Santa Barbara so I didn't pursue comparisons too deeply.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze. I felt like I was the only patient, I never had a wait. I saw the same nurse and Ultrasound tech every time & sometimes even Dr. R himself! I actually really enjoyed these appointments. It was always happy and even if I was stressed or nervous, we still laughed and they helped calm me down. I booked them right before work and never had a delay. I'm happy to be back for this next transfer!
IVF with ICSI and Genetic Testing, including Dr Fees & Facility Fees was around 15k. Medication another 5k. FET was around 3k.
Both Doctor and Nurses seemed to think single was the way to go - so if something did happen we could review and adjust the plan of action for the next one. Subjectively, friends who have done IVF my age and with similar circumstances also advocated for single transfer.
Santa Barbara
Dr Rychlik always remained positive and optimistic about the outcome. I wish maybe I would've known going into it that one IVF cycle wouldn't work or that maybe donor eggs should've been discussed. Obviously there's no way of knowing until you go through it but I wasn't fully prepared for the disappointment of having no viable embryos.... We were always greeted warmly and never rushed. I felt like we were listened to and treated with empathy.
Ask all of the questions whether they're good or bad. Find out if the money you are spending is being put to good use and if maybe there are better options for you besides IVF.
Are used injectables every night for two weeks. Every other day I went in for ultrasound and blood work. I took Menopur, Gonal-F followed by Ganirrelix and Ovidrel.
The nurses were really sweet and helpful but not always easy to get a hold of. I found that their preferred method of communication was email and sometimes that wasn't the best for me.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This clinic is probably one of the highest rated clinics in our region. They have a state of the art laboratory and I know they have skilled staff and high standard of quality. There are many clinics locally that are far less expensive but I don't know if they are as good in regards to their laboratory
My appointments were very easy and I was never waiting on people or in a Cattlecall situation. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes every time.
19k not including meds but including PGD and another 5-6k for FET not including meds.
Santa Barbara
I don't speak english very well. He [Dr. Rychlik] all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.... All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI.
I don't speak english very well. He all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.
The best
I feel like a human because my body was made for give life, but I need help
All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI. For the 5 day we got only 2 embryos. We sent to test it but both was a poor quality. My doctor said we can try again bue we are broken. No more money then he said we can try a embryo donnor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mónica )
He is very nice and very patient She speak english and spanish and always lelp to me no metter she was bussy o not She tried to helpme to get my medications to the best price
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
100 friendly. And they always have a good comunication and help to you feel like you are in a good hands. They help to get hope in we can do our dream true. They are very respectful and they look for rhe. Est treatment for you