Nurse available by email
Bakersfield
100 Old River Road
Bakersfield, CA 93311
661-349-4966
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Rychlik to a friend?

5.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Rychlik made me feel like I was not intelligent, and that I was going to be emotional. After telling me on the first visit that I would need IVF, he said to me "you probably stopped listening already" and then he indicated the he would start directing the conversation to my husband. I was not crying and was paying complete attention. My husband is actually the type to have his mind start spinning, and stop paying attention. Dr. Rychlik was googling images to show me, he had nothing prepared as a presentation. He said multiple time, "that's not the picture I want. There's a graph I really like." He was not prepared. Dr. Rychlik gave me a treatment plan, IVF, after just one visit, without an HSG test, and without a semen analysis. After now seeing a different doctor and talking with a family friend who is an OBGYN, I know this is a crazy plan after just one visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Please do not see him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Rychlik treated me like a number. He told me on the first consultation that I would need IVF, and that he didn't want to try any other treatment. He did not order an HSG test for me, because he said he didn't even care. Dr. Rychlik was going to order, but had not even seen the results of my husband's semen analysis. The reason for this is that he said that my egg reserve was low. He told me this just on the basis of an ultrasound, no additional testing. It seemed all about the money.
Describe the protocols Daniel Rychlik used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
We did not get to begin a cycle, because I was unsatisfied with his diagnosis after only an ultrasound. I did not trust him and I believe he just wanted my money.
When I first set up my appointment, the nurses were friendly. At the appointment, they were very neutral, and had very little interaction. When I asked for my medical files, because I wanted to see someone else, they were hard to deal with. I was told I couldn't have my medical records until I saw the doctor again, the eventually changed their story when I said that I had a right to my own medical records. I was never able to get them, but my new doctor was able to do so.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
A strength would be that it is in Ventura. That is the only strength I can think of. The office unusually warm in the waiting room, which made the visit all the more nerve wracking to start. I had a horrible experience with the doctor, and an acquaintance from when I was young had a similar experience with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center.
I provided my insurance information before the appointment because they told me that they needed do talk to my insurance before the appointment. Then when I went then still didn't know if my insurance would cover the ultrasound. The Dr. called the nurse in to get me to approve the cost of the ultrasound in case my insurance wouldn't cover it. I did not end up paying because my insurance did cover it. I only went to that one appointment, so I had no other costs.
Describe Daniel Rychlik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Santa Barbara

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center.

He [Dr. Rychlik] was always very nice. Funny. Explained things when I needed. Kept me up to date on what was going on. I don't like to stress so a doctor with a sense of humor can definitely lighten the mood. I am also not the type of patient to ask a ton of questions as I put my trust in the doctor and know that this is their specialty and not mine.... I am under the impression that this protocol is for everyone and not just me.
He was always very nice. Funny. Explained things when I needed. Kept me up to date on what was going on. I don't like to stress so a doctor with a sense of humor can definitely lighten the mood. I am also not the type of patient to ask a ton of questions as I put my trust in the doctor and know that this is their specialty and not mine. This is my second fertility clinic and I'm under the impression that none of them hold your hand through anything really because they have way too many patients. With that said If I needed something or had a question I would just email my nurse.
Be ready to laugh.
Because he actually knew what was going on, my chart, whetehr he looked at it right before he saw me or not I dont know. But Ive been to a doctor that had no clue what was going on or that i was even a patient.
I dont know that their was necessarily a strategy. I am under the impression that this protocol is for everyone and not just me. So Iwouldnt say I feel special or anything. 225 of Menopur, 225 of gonal f. Take prenatal, COQ10 and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Betty )
She was very helpful. She was my point of contact for most things. Very responsive and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The weaknesses would be the communication. I feel like the financial person could do a better job reviewing costs. I also think the staff can do a better job communicating what will happen next. I thin kthey might assume that everyone knows the drill. This is still very foreign to me.
So far Ive spent almost 18k but medications are very expensive
We havent discussed
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Rychlik was very open and honest throughout our first cycle / transfer and ultimate miscarriage. As this was our first time with IVF, he did explain a lot of what was happening. There were periods were maybe things were painted a little too positive and expectations were set too high. Which in the moment I appreciated. We are now on our second cycle with Dr. Rychlik and more realistic about what could happen. He's onboard with our needs and requests to get it all straight. So I feel like we have a true partner here.
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He makes times for all patients - even being the one to take my blood tests occasionally. So be sure to ask ANY and ALL questions you want. He will answer.
The entire staff, especially the nurses, came to know me very well. If I was nervous, scared, etc. Dr. Rychlik knew to tell me jokes and make me laugh when asked. He broke down everything that was going on, from the positive pregnancy test to the ultimate miscarriage. After the DNC and leading up to it, he would call me personally to check in. I'm not back for my second FET and he / the team, is being even more candid and honest and open - as this isn't our first go-round!
We went with a very straightforward protocol - IVF/ICIS with genetic testing. As it was more male factor, we didn't go too aggressive for the retrieval and I responded really well to all the drugs - never feeling too poor. We ended up with 2 genetically tested embryos and transferred 1 Day 5. It resulted in a positive! Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing between 5 and 6 weeks. Even though it was genetically tested, apparently this can happen (I do wish I was more prepared). However, after some months off now, we are going back for our next FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashely May)
Ashely was/is exceptional. In fact, the entire nursing staff and coordinators are amazing. Everyone was responsive, open, honest. They took the time to answer any and all questions, never making me feel like I was annoying or stressed. Every visit was like hanging out with girlfriends who only had my best interests and my family's in mind. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC Santa Barbara is small, which I like - you feel like you have a personalized medical team. Given how big SCRC is in LA, I also felt like I was with the best of the best. I'm not sure how prices compare, but there aren't many other options in Santa Barbara so I didn't pursue comparisons too deeply.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze. I felt like I was the only patient, I never had a wait. I saw the same nurse and Ultrasound tech every time & sometimes even Dr. R himself! I actually really enjoyed these appointments. It was always happy and even if I was stressed or nervous, we still laughed and they helped calm me down. I booked them right before work and never had a delay. I'm happy to be back for this next transfer!
IVF with ICSI and Genetic Testing, including Dr Fees & Facility Fees was around 15k. Medication another 5k. FET was around 3k.
Both Doctor and Nurses seemed to think single was the way to go - so if something did happen we could review and adjust the plan of action for the next one. Subjectively, friends who have done IVF my age and with similar circumstances also advocated for single transfer.
Santa Barbara

Dr Rychlik always remained positive and optimistic about the outcome. I wish maybe I would've known going into it that one IVF cycle wouldn't work or that maybe donor eggs should've been discussed. Obviously there's no way of knowing until you go through it but I wasn't fully prepared for the disappointment of having no viable embryos.... We were always greeted warmly and never rushed. I felt like we were listened to and treated with empathy.
Ask all of the questions whether they're good or bad. Find out if the money you are spending is being put to good use and if maybe there are better options for you besides IVF.
Are used injectables every night for two weeks. Every other day I went in for ultrasound and blood work. I took Menopur, Gonal-F followed by Ganirrelix and Ovidrel.
The nurses were really sweet and helpful but not always easy to get a hold of. I found that their preferred method of communication was email and sometimes that wasn't the best for me.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This clinic is probably one of the highest rated clinics in our region. They have a state of the art laboratory and I know they have skilled staff and high standard of quality. There are many clinics locally that are far less expensive but I don't know if they are as good in regards to their laboratory
My appointments were very easy and I was never waiting on people or in a Cattlecall situation. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes every time.
19k not including meds but including PGD and another 5-6k for FET not including meds.
Santa Barbara

I don't speak english very well. He [Dr. Rychlik] all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.... All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI.
I don't speak english very well. He all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.
The best
I feel like a human because my body was made for give life, but I need help
All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI. For the 5 day we got only 2 embryos. We sent to test it but both was a poor quality. My doctor said we can try again bue we are broken. No more money then he said we can try a embryo donnor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mónica )
He is very nice and very patient She speak english and spanish and always lelp to me no metter she was bussy o not She tried to helpme to get my medications to the best price
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
100 friendly. And they always have a good comunication and help to you feel like you are in a good hands. They help to get hope in we can do our dream true. They are very respectful and they look for rhe. Est treatment for you