RBA

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolEmory
ResidencyU. of Pennsylvania
FellowshipU. of Connecticut
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Shapiro to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RBA to a friend?
He [Dr. Shapiro] is filled with knowledge about his profession. I felt hopeful and at peace each time we left his office. He gives 100% of himself to his patients. He answers any and all questions thoroughly. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with the future of growing our family than I do him.... I was given instructions to avoid alcohol and hot tubs before and after my IUIs. This prevents a rise in my body temperature potentially putting my inseminations at risk. He put me on an antibiotic to take Agee the IUIs to avoid any potential infection since the uterus is sterile and that barrier was crossed with the IUI process.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He is filled with knowledge about his profession. I felt hopeful and at peace each time we left his office. He gives 100% of himself to his patients. He answers any and all questions thoroughly. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with the future of growing our family than I do him. He is a contributing factor to my mother in law’s IVF transfer which resulted in the live birth of my husband! He is a wonderful doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Trust him wholeheartedly over any article or research you read, he knows exactly what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He gives 100% of his time to his patients. Answers and elaborates on the treatment process. Answers all our questions thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
The nursing staff is excellent! They return all calls within the same day, spend time goingover results with you in person and on the phone if I call with questions. They show professionalism, love, and compassion every time I step in the office. They want my treatment to be a success just as much as I do and they provide me 100% of their time always.
Describe your experience with RBA.
There are no weaknesses at RBA. This clinic is wonderful. The office staff, nurses, and doctors simply are amazing. I feel welcome and cared for each time I step in and out of that office. This office has made our process if unexplained infertility much easier with their love and care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Unexplained infertility is not covered under insurance. We have spent an estimated $5,000 in bloodwork, ultrasounds, IUIs, and consults.
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
He is the professional when it comes to any and all fertility treatments. Having suffered two miscarriages naturally, now under his care I know he knows what is best for my body and the potential risks that come with multiple transfers. I trust him 100% in his approach to eSET.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Daniel Shapiro was great at addressing my and my husband's concerns and explaining the details involved for the surgery I had in 2017 to remove my left fallopian tube and clean the adhesions & scar tissue from endometriosis. He also has a great sense of humor, which helped alleviate my anxiety....Dr. Shapiro was very detailed in his explanations and, in particular, explained the next steps needed. He also helped me feel calmer before undergoing surgery. He is a forthright and direct communicator, which I appreciated.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Feel comfortable asking questions, even if you think they are minor or irrelevant.
Dr. Shapiro removed my left fallopian tube, which was blocked, and cleaned the adhesions and scar tissue present as a result of stage 3 endometriosis. I did not know I had endometriosis, but I did find that I had a blocked fallopian tube after having done the HSG test. The surgery was necessary to remove the blocked fallopian tube and to diagnose if I had endometriosis.
For the initial visit, my husband and I met with a nurse practitioner, who was very helpful in answering our questions and who showed compassion. After my surgery, I saw another nurse for the post-op visit, who was good, but not as great as the first nurse was.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is a great clinic overall. They are easy to get ahold of and worked with us in scheduling a time to meet with the first available doctor and his team. I've had some issues with the billing office and my insurance company covering some items that should be covered; however, I hope this can be worked out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
The surgery I had was around $3-4k, though most was covered by the insurance company. It was less expensive because the clinic has an out-patient facility. The office consultations were $100-$300/visit. The bloodwork was about $300-$900 for my husband and me. Most of these costs were covered by my insurance company, though we did pay money for co-payments and co-insurance. Right now, I have been billed by Lab Corps to cover the lab work done with our initial visit, which should've been covered by the insurance company. I have been in touch with the billing office; however, it has not yet been resolved. RBA needs to resubmit the claim with the diagnosis code that will be covered by the insurance company. The billing office person said they've had several of these returned claims and are working on handling them. However, this has been the most frustrating part of the process so far.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Shapiro is one of the most personable, attentive, kind and energetic doctors I have ever been treated by.... If I ever had a question for him I would always get a call from him very soon. Any time I was at the clinic and bumped into him he would always make sure he acknowledges me and always gives a moment for some encouraging words.... After two unsuccessful IUI treatments my husband and I have decided to go with IVF.
European, Middle Eastern
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro is one of the most personable, attentive, kind and energetic doctors I have ever been treated by. Any time my husband and I came to see him or just came to the clinic for other visits, he would always make sure he remembered us by our names and gave us the warmest greeting. He is extremely attentive and will spend all the time we need at each appointment we had with him. We have never felt rushed and always felt very comfortable asking any questions we might've had for him while he was always very graceful answering all of them. He is one giving soul who takes mission trips often, dedicated his time to much research and is an amazing world of knowledge, and I wish all medical professionals had the same attitude about their patients, as it means so much to us, especially in case with fertility treatment us patients get very vulnerable and experiencing so many new emotions. If I ever had a question for him I would always get a call from him very soon. Any time I was at the clinic and bumped into him he would always make sure he acknowledges me and always gives a moment for some encouraging words. So having such qualities as kindness, attentiveness, being highly knowledgeable in the sphere, having fine bed-side manners, and a great sense of humor, make an outstanding medical professional in my book! Hands down Dr. Shapiro is on top of the list for me!
Trust him he is one great fertility specialist!
Dr. Shapiro is one of the most personable. Any time my husband and I came to see him or just came to the clinic for other visits, he would always make sure he remembered us by our names, remembered our story and gave us the warmest greeting and spent a lot of time with us at our each visit with him.
Given that my husband and I are both healthy and have no reason to not be able to conceive on our own, Dr. Shapiro first recommended to go with IUI, and try it a few times before we consider IVF. He seemed very rational and considered of our situation and always tried to be very frank and honest with us. Never have we ever felt that he is not invested in our journey. It always seemed that he is also concerned with our financials as well, since he mentioned that IVF is a very costly treatment and lets stay away from it as we can. After two unsuccessful IUI treatments my husband and I have decided to go with IVF. Dr. Shapiro was very supportive of that. Every time along the way whether it was IUI or IVF he was extremely informative, has had multiple consultations with us to make sure every detail is covered. At the current moment we are kind of half way in IVF treatment, and only yesterday I had the eggs extracted for fertilization. Once again the preparation period, including ultrasounds, blood work, genetic consultation, nurse consultations and more, was great and made us feel that we do have a fantastic team of professionals that are guiding us and "thinking for us' to some degree which was a very comforting feeling since it al was very foreign to us. So the path to the surgery was not as draining as I was expecting and have heard it would be from outside parties, online research, etc. and again the reason being that I was very well informed and guided and felt a lot of support from my doctor whom I trust and his team. He had assured me that I would have great response to the medications / shots I was using leading to the egg retrieval and that was the case. He was pretty excited on the day of the procedure to inform me with the outcome. Aside the psychological burden we experience as patients, the process was very well orchestrated and organized which relieved me of so much stress. Dr. Shapiro has so far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend him in a heart beat!
The nursing staff is excellent! Very informative, caring and ready to help. They all seem very well trained and great professionals. They are very prompt returning phone calls which in this process could be extreme;y sensitive matter. I do not recall them ever not returning my call, falling short on answering my questions and were extremely patient and pleasant throughout the process. In the past month or so most of his staff members have become more like friends that I get to see on almost daily basis. It is amazing as I walk down the hall everyone knows my name and my treatment and it makes it easy to attend knowing how pleasant they all are and ready to help. The nurses are also making sure to let you know how excited they are for you and wish you the best outcome! Its another much needed support team :)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic in my opinion is well maintained and the systems they have in place have worked well for me. They do have a great after hours answering center which gives us patients a peace of mind. Any time I had to call them during the weekend or after hours they made sure a nurse returned my call within 10-15 minutes. Multiple times I had to come in during the weekend for appointments and those were scheduled and handled very well which saved me lots of worries. The only weakness I would mention is that any time I called the office during working hours I always had to leave a voice message and wait for a call back. When I just became a patient at the clinic I was very unhappy with that. I felt that it was very important for someone to actually answer the phone when patients call. Later my attitude about that had changed, and because they never failed to called me back. Another part where I was a little stressed is when the business center (again in my opinion) were not very clear on the treatment payment/cost. I had to speak with multiple finance people until I was given a clear explanation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I was given a range of 25-30,000 for the IVF treatment.
Dr. Shapiro had mentioned to us that many patients do in fact transfer multiple embryos for many different reasons. We did not feel that he was steering us to one or the other direction and what he did is inform us of all the potential results / consequences of a multiple embryo vs. single embryo transfer. After he had heard our story and realized our situation he was very much focused on our personal situation and our needs.
5 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
5 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
From the moment my husband and I met with Dr. Shapiro, there was an instant connection. He treated us like real people. Real people going through a not so great time in our lives. We never felt rushed to leave the office when talking with him. He always made sure that we knew the course of action being taken and why. If there was something I or my husband didn't understand, he would explain it again in a different way. If something didn't work to his liking, he'd tweak the protocol. If he was stumped as to why we couldn't get pregnant, he would schedule an appointment with us, bring food, and make sure we went through everything with a fine toothed comb. He'd even text or call to check on us during retrievals, after transfers, or while waiting to things to happen. My experience with Dr. Shapiro has been one of the best when dealing with a doctor.
Trust him. He knows what he's doing!
The moment I walked in, there was always a smiling face to welcome me. The staff know my name, know about our last conversations we had, gave hugs when news wasn't always the best, hugs when news was good, always positive, and always concerned with feelings and emotions.
For the retrievals, I was put on Gonal F, low dose HCG, and Lupron. Each was tweaked after each round to try and get the best possible number of eggs. For the transfers, Estrace, Crinone, and estrogen patches were used each time. After each failed transfer, the protocol was also tweaked. Part of this was due to my having a thin lining. With the tweaking, my uterine lining continued to thicken each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: 1) Ashely 2) Jennifer 3) Tamika)
I could not ask for a better nursing staff. They are always responding to all our questions by the end of the day, even if more than one email was sent. If it was easier to call and discuss, they would. In the office, they would spend as much time as needed with us to go over protocols and questions. They too, are always compassionate! I know I'm not just a number to them, but a human being when I meet with them. They truly want to get to know you and they don't mind you getting to know them. It feels like my favorite place when I am with them.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: Truly want to see you succeed. They are very friendly! They will talk about their lives and open up if you chose to open up about your life. They know you by name and face. They are always respectful, kind, and compassionate. They communicate in a timely fashion and never hesitate to answer questions or concerns. The billing department is on the ball with what you need to know, prices, and billing questions. Weaknesses: there was a time when the group was changing ownership. During this period, things were a little rocky. However, when we stated our concerns, things were dealt with immediately.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Our insurance did not provide payment for services. The cycles cost around $14,000 and embryo freezing/genetic testing cost around $2000 for a package, unlimited for 6 mo. I believe. This has also changed a bit since new ownership.
None. Completely trusted him.
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] prescribed me to 3 cycle of monitored timed intercourse with letrozole. I did that but didn't get pregnant. Next option is to do IUI if I choose to, but I decide to go straight to IVF due to the fact with he won't change my medication to injectable due to high risk of multiple.... I usually see a PA when I come in for my monitored time intercourse. I like her, she is easy to talk to and answer all my questions.
East Asian, South Asian
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I've Dr. twice. The first time was the initial consultation, he described his treatment plans to us in an effective way. The second time I met with the Dr., I express my incline to move forward to IVF after 3 failed letrozole cycles, he did went over the procedure and the types of medications that I will be on. After the appointment, he told me to contact the clinic when my period starts or when I want to start IVF cycle.
He is receptive to your opinion about the treatment plan, so do your own research and tell him how to proceed with the plan
There is no follow up with the Dr. Mostly it is up to you to call and request a treatment
He prescribed me to 3 cycle of monitored timed intercourse with letrozole. I did that but didn't get pregnant. Next option is to do IUI if I choose to, but I decide to go straight to IVF due to the fact with he won't change my medication to injectable due to high risk of multiple. So right now, I'm waiting for my period to start to do IVF, the treatment for IVF is: minimal dose of FSH, and ganirelex for about 10-12 days with monitor. I will be trigger with either HGC or Lupron, more likely Lupron since it has a lower risk of ovarian hyperstimulation. If it is Lupron trigger, then we will do a FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is pretty on time with your appointment. The weakness is that it is hard to call them and have someone pick up the phone. Usually I will have to leave my number on the answering machine, but they usually get back to you a couple hour later, in the afternoon. Another thing is that they don't have a patient portal for the lab work, so it is hard to find out unless you give them a call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Every is out-of-pocket for me. It is around $600 for a cycle with monitor. This consists of the first Ultrasound in the beginning of your cycle, blood work. Then you have another mid cycle ultrasound to determine if you are near ovulation.
He will do a simple embryo transfer because the clinic has a high success with it.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Shapiro remembers personal information about my life and works with my religious and schedule limits...Dr. Shapiro truly cares. It feels like my disappointments are his disappointments. He wants us to succeed. Even if my dream is not what he would dream for his life he wants to be able to help me get my dream. He is honest and straightforward.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Say hello to everyone in the office. When you are nice and friendly, the staff gets to know you. Then you feel like everyone is rooting for you.
I have a very high AMH with out PCOS. We used 225 Gonal F to stimulate and get as many eggs as possible. The first 2 days I had a somewhat slow response. But then my estrogen started rising very quickly. We decreased the Gonal F to 175 and then down to 50. We had to trigger at day 10 because I already had many big follicles. We used Ganarelix to stop ovulation. I started it on day 4. We did not use Menopur because Dr. Shapiro believes it will decrease the number of eggs without increasing egg quality. We triggered with Lupron 80mg so I would not hyperstimulate. We got 36 eggs, 30 mature, 17 fertilized, 8 made it to day 5. 3 were PGS normal. We did 2 natural FET because I have a perfect uterus with perfect cycles. Both ended in a negative. We did one medicated FET with an endometrial scratch because it couldn't hurt and maybe it would help. And oral estrogen, vaginal cream progesterone, Lupron to stop from ovulating, medrol because it can't hurt and maybe it can help.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinics biggest weakness is their billing system. You rarely know how much something will cost before and seems there is always a hidden fee.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Everything costs extra! Except genetic counseling is free.
Because the lab has to stick a needle into the zona palusa to get the sample for PGS, it increases the risk of the egg splitting so Dr. Shapiro encourages eSET. He also stresses the risks of multiple pregnancies.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Sometimes his [Dr. Daniel Shapiro's] explanations were too complicated but I was fine with that, i got the gist and more importantly knew what he new. The first consultation was over 75 minutes and he laid out a plan and prediction at each step. His analysis at each step was accurate and with each step I gained more confidence that we would have a baby after 2 years of infertility treatments. Not only do I think he finally cracked the case on my infertility but but also that confidence was new and I think changed the outcome.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Extremely intelligent and a thought leader in the space. Sometimes his explanations were too complicated but I was fine with that, i got the gist and more importantly knew what he new. The first consultation was over 75 minutes and he laid out a plan and prediction at each step. His analysis at each step was accurate and with each step I gained more confidence that we would have a baby after 2 years of infertility treatments. Not only do I think he finally cracked the case on my infertility but but also that confidence was new and I think changed the outcome.
Take notes. He is so smart and fast and it's helpful to have notes to refer back to.
Always prepared for my case, hours response time to questions via email, always ready during appointments and fully understood that I was juggling job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham )
Jennifer was there at the end of every single appointment, ultrasound, visit with a summary and next steps. Anything i needed she was there with an answer same business day. She completed dr. Shapiros team by providing the consistent presence.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Having been to another clinic, this was head & shoulders above. Clean, medically advanced, set up to flow.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
About $12k total for 1 IVF cycle but they broke it up so smartly that for our January cycle we were able to get medicine in December for the cost of $0 because I had met my deductible. I had a $5000 credit for IVF from work and then magically we got a $2000 refund at the end. Out of pocket we only ended up paying about $4k for this IVF cycle!
I wanted 2 with hope of having 1 baby. Dr. Shapiro strongly, very strongly, said one was enough and had enough medical evidence of why 1 was better that we listened.
Sandy Springs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological
Dr. Shapiro spent time reviewing what we'd tried previously that hadn't worked...He gave me the statistics but largely let me call the shots. He was concerned about making me happy, not about his clinic's statistics (and it paid off for both of us!)...He made me feel hopeful and confident. Even if we hadn't been blessed with our daughter, I would have been thankful to him for the opportunity he gave us (letting me try what I wanted to try, thereby erasing all doubt about what "could have been if only...")...
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shaprio is smart, well-read/educated, compassionate, and trustworthy. He is an excellent communicator and by all appearances just a quality human being. It was SO refreshing to come to him after our nightmare of an experience at our last clinic. He made me feel hopeful and confident. Even if we hadn't been blessed with our daughter, I would have been thankful to him for the opportunity he gave us (letting me try what I wanted to try, thereby erasing all doubt about what "could have been if only...").
See him sooner rather than later!
Dr. Shapiro spent time reviewing what we'd tried previously that hadn't worked. He listened to (and agreed to) what I wanted to try differently based on research I had done. He validated observations that other doctors dismissed. He promised not to cancel pre-retrieval as long as there was *something* to go after. He gave me the statistics but largely let me call the shots. He was concerned about making me happy, not about his clinic's statistics (and it paid off for both of us!).
All three of my previous pregnancies had followed the use of a Z-pak. Although research says there should be no correlation, I knew in my gut there was so he treated me with both a Z-pak and Flagyl. Also, I strongly suspected my losses were related to some undiagnosed immune issue and begged to be treated with Lovenox. He agreed there were likely immune issues that the scientific community had not yet even identified, much less produced a test for, so he treated me with Lovenox. I am now the proud mommy of a beautiful 14-month old!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was an excellent nurse but not very warm-and-fuzzy (which was ok as I didn't need that at that point, especially since Dr. Shapiro is sufficiently so).
Describe your experience with RBA.
Weaknesses: Have to pay for parking. Strengths: Everything else! Seriously, they are the best. Never had to wait long for appointments, was always able to get an appointment before work, they worked with me on a payment plan, ladies who drew blood were excellent, and my absolute favorite thing (especially after coming from ACRM) was that I got to see MY doctor after every monitoring appointment. This place is run so efficiently it's almost unbelievable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I was very fortunate to have insurance coverage that covered a lot. I think I paid ~$3,000 to RBA (plus some for meds that insurance didn't cover).
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
From the initial phone consult through the delivery of my child, I was always able to get a quick response to any questions or concerns that I had. There were times I expected to receive a call from the nurse only to have Dr. Shapiro call me himself!...Dr. Shapiro was very thorough in explaining the donor egg process to me and addressed all of my questions with answers that were easily understandable. He was patient, straight forward yet approachable and made me feel at ease through the entire process.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
I did a donor egg cycle with Dr. Shapiro, using Lupron to suppress my ovulation, then starting estrogen and progesterone supplementation as we approached the transfer to thicken my uterine lining. I stayed on the estrogen and progesterone through most of my first trimester. Dr. Shapiro's office worked with me to let me select the form of estrogen and progesterone I preferred and was covered by my insurance; i used estrogen patches and Crinone. I was also given Doxycycline and Medrol in the days immediately proceeding my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Jenny was proactive about communicating with me and very responsive to questions via email. I'm a big planner and need a lot of information, and Jenny was very helpful in helping me understand every step in the process even when there were still several unknowns around timing.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA pioneered the frozen donor egg process and they know their stuff regarding this process. Work closely with the donor coordinator to find a good match for you. There are new donors posted all the time and they don't stay in the bank long, so if you find one you like, be prepared to act quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I chose the 2 High Quality Embryo guarantee program, which included the donor eggs (6), fertilization via ICSI, transfer and all associated appointments. Cycle medicines were the only thing not included in the cost, i believe. The 2 HQE cost was $18K, but my insurance did end up covering some of the transfer costs, so I received a portion of that as a refund back from RBA.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most...Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news...Due to my age (38yrs) my eggs were considered old. The protocol was simple. Create eggs and inseminate them. We waited until day 5 to tranfer. 1st transfer we did 2. 1 became live birth other miscarriage at 9wks. 2nd and 3rd were frozen tranfers. 1 did not take. The other became chemical pregnancy. If I was to start a fresh cycle again at 40yr I was told he would put 4 eggs in. However my chances were so low due to age he would be surprised if any took. I am blessed to have been able to have 1. For me it became to emotional and expensive to try a fresh cycle again.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news. The end I have no more say and am writing to make 200 words as required
He is very straightforward even if you don't like what he has to say
He was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most
Describe your experience with RBA.
They we great. Always on time. Ultrasound nurse also amazing. Very open about what they were looking for or at. Clinical nurse very responsive to emails and training on medication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Insurance covered some. I paid out of pocket Aprox. $800.00 for medicine. I paid 5000.00 for each tranfer. And office visits they had a deposit for. I don't remember price. With out insurance coverage I believe it would be apox 15,000-20,000
2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis
He's [Dr Daniel Shapiro] very friendly and knowledgeable. He takes plenty of time and put my partner at ease too. Sometimes, even as an MD I didn't understand everything he was saying but my questions and confusion were quickly straightened out by him or his staff...I did agonist trigger, freeze all and had 5 normals from my group of 10 blasts out of of 18 embryos. Everything went exactly the way he thought too.
2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He's very friendly and knowledgeable. He takes plenty of time and put my partner at ease too. Sometimes, even as an MD I didn't understand everything he was saying but my questions and confusion were quickly straightened out by him or his staff
He often runs late so don't be in a rush when you come. Expect to be in the office 2 or more hours for a first visit, especially if you have a complicated history
He explained EVERYTHING and took all the time we needed
My husband and I want at least three kids so IVF with CGH on our embryos made a lot of sense. I was predicted to be a high responder ( and I was) so we had plenty of embryos to work with. We could have done shots and IUI but the multiple birth risk was too high and we knew I might need an agonist trigger to avoid OHSS. I did agonist trigger, freeze all and had 5 normals from my group of 10 blasts out of of 18 embryos. Everything went exactly the way he thought too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Rossi)
Rossi was very kind and patient. I was pretty demanding and she took her time with me.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Though huge, RBA felt like a personal experience. They had just moved to their new office and my care overlapped both buildings. I was worried that the move would affect my outcome but I worried needlessly. The only complaint...the business office doesn't understand the clinical charges very well. Lots of confusion there.
We spent about 20,000
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
His [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] style of loading us with lots of stats, facts and info is our style...He is very analytical...I had laparoscopy where a Fallopian tube was removed due to endometriosis. No additional treatment was needed...His confidence may come off as ego, but everything he told proved correct.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
His style of loading us with lots of stats, facts and info is our style. My husband probably could have engaged him in conversation all day long. Dr Shapiro does take a minute to warm up, but once we clicked we felt like we really connected.
Listen to him. He is honest. He has a brilliant mind and he is an expert in his field. His confidence may come off as ego, but everything he told proved correct.
He is very analytical. At first I worried we were going to be a number, but he looked at my file and asked a few questions. Once he had a handle on what he was dealing with we felt connected to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The NP that I met with for pre-op and that did my HSG test was the perfect complement to Dr. Shapiro.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I know they are busy. I wish I could have been seen sooner, but they have full schedules. Once I was "in" I appreciated not having to wait for appointments. The entire staff is kind. They are really great about explaining the back end (insurance etc)
We did discuss IVF and because of our religious beliefs he advised he would only do single embryo transfer if we went that route. He said it was the responsible/safe choice.
2003 - 2010
Dr. Shapiro is extremely qualified and incredibly devoted to the practice and to his patients...When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me.
2003 - 2010
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would give the same advice to ANYONE seeing ANY fertility doctor. Be open minded and honest with yourself and with your doctor. Understand that emotions will be a rollercoaster. Try not to take any frustration out on the wrong people. See a therapist if necessary. It's an emotionally draining process, but the end result can be a miracle (as in my case).
Describe your experience with RBA.
Back in 2000 when I started treatments, there were so few clinics, RBA was always PACKED. I ran into people I knew in the waiting room frequently. There were no real strengths or weaknesses other than the waiting.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Shapiro is able to speak to me; explain the process and relieve my anxieties . He has a very comforting presence and can relate to me personally. I feel he understands me; where I come from and is able to anticipate my questions. This process is very anxiety provoking and he does a great job to calm his patients...Dr. Shapiro is great! Be patient with staff [RBA]; they are often cold not as helpful but he is worth it!
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro is great! Be patient with staff; they are often cold not as helpful but he is worth it!
see previous
Describe your experience with RBA.
The office is very clean and has a professional appearance. Appreciate that children are not allowed. Front desk clerk is always helpful and friendly. Easy to get lost though; always need assistance checking out
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He's chatty...He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was there for me throughout my treatment even though it was a unique situation where I had embryos frozen in another country. He presented options for my treatment and follow up so I could start the procedure with him, get implanted with the embryos in another country, and then return to his practice.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He was there for me throughout my treatment even though it was a unique situation where I had embryos frozen in another country. He presented options for my treatment and follow up so I could start the procedure with him, get implanted with the embryos in another country, and then return to his practice.
He's chatty.
Dr. Shapiro tells it like it is and gets to the point.
I told him what had worked in the past for success and he followed my prescribed previous treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
I was able to email her which was great but I always felt like I was annoying them.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It's large and you do have to advocate for yourself. The Doctors are great though.
A lot! Bloodwork was about $400, ultrasound $400 ish
He feels one embryo is best for the woman and baby.
IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was honest and didn't beat around the bush. We had limited financial resources and he told us exactly what we would be paying and what our options were for the best outcome. We felt that he wasn't trying to push procedures on us that wouldn't work but would put more money in his pocket...Went straight to IVF via an egg donor because the outcome was less than 1% success rate with anything else.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He was honest and didn't beat around the bush. We had limited financial resources and he told us exactly what we would be paying and what our options were for the best outcome. We felt that he wasn't trying to push procedures on us that wouldn't work but would put more money in his pocket.
Expect brutal honesty
One on one care, never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember )
Very helpful if I had questions;always responsive
Describe your experience with RBA.
Warm and friendly atmosphere. Everyone is positive and wants the best outcome for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had to agree to only transfer one embryo to get the best outcome.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Shapiro spent lots of time with us. He was personable knowledgeable and warm! He gave us all the information, with realistic expectations, but didn't discourage us....We loved him. Don't have enough good words to describe our experience!!!!!! He spent lots of time with us and was warm and knowledgeable. He is super smart and experienced and helped us conceive our son. I never felt like just a number he really took the time to get to know us and our history
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Ask questions and pay attention!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Great clinic treat you well. Sometimes there is a wait...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Round of ivf is 14,800 I think. Meds cost btwn 3-5000$.
will only transfer one embryo unless there are mitigating circumstances
Sandy Springs
Dr. Shapiro is a very up front, yet compassionate man. He is smart and wants you to succeed. He is also honest and will tell you exactly what you are facing. Dr. Shapiro worked hard to get us what we wanted most...Know that Dr. Shapiro's sense of humor is a bit sarcastic. It worked for me, but it is good to know in advance...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had insurance coverage for all of our treatments.