Daniel Skora

Fertility Specialists of Texas

Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolUniversity of Minnesota
ResidencyGeorge Washington University
FellowshipUniversity of Vermont
Dallas
8230 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas, TX 75231
214-750-5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Skora to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
[Dr. Daniel Skora] respectful of me and my partner, who is a trans woman...When we started care and reviewed our labs, he offered us the choice of IUI or IVF due to male factor subfertility. I am still fertile with a great AFC, but have diminished ovarian reserve for my age (I am 28 and my partner is 33). My partner's sperm was right on the edge of recommending straight to IVF, so we chose IVF due to a higher chance of success, overall diminished cost compared to several IUI cycles + potential IVF, and my partner desiring to start HRT.
IVF with ICSI including FET overall cost is about $17,000 [at Fertility Specialists of Texas]...Strengths: The docs are very personable and skilled as far as I have seen!...LGBTQ friendly! The clinic is clean and efficient, easy to navigate. Staff was all friendly and want to help you. I would definitely recommend. Weaknesses: Expensive, but not any more than most places. Billing team a little disorganized but they are responsive and will help you!
European, Middle Eastern
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He was very direct and clear but empathetic. Explained everything thoroughly and treated us as equals in our care. I really enjoy his easygoing and nonjudgmental demeanor. Dr Skora's intelligence and kind personality both come across in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Be informed and ready to talk about your options and questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
As a midwife, I have very high expectations for my care providers, and Dr Skora met all of them. He takes the time at each appointment to explain your options and procedures. Additionally, he and his staff were all very respectful of me and my partner, who is a trans woman. We did not have to worry about being judged or misgendered in his office.
Describe the protocols Daniel Skora used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
Still in the process of treatment! When we started care and reviewed our labs, he offered us the choice of IUI or IVF due to male factor subfertility. I am still fertile with a great AFC, but have diminished ovarian reserve for my age (I am 28 and my partner is 33). My partner's sperm was right on the edge of recommending straight to IVF, so we chose IVF due to a higher chance of success, overall diminished cost compared to several IUI cycles + potential IVF, and my partner desiring to start HRT.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Mayra)
Have not started treatments yet. So far so good though.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths: The docs are very personable and skilled as far as I have seen! High success rates. LGBTQ friendly! The clinic is clean and efficient, easy to navigate. Staff was all friendly and want to help you. I would definitely recommend. Weaknesses: Expensive, but not any more than most places. Billing team a little disorganized but they are responsive and will help you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
IVF with ICSI including FET overall cost is about $17,000. Medications, anesthesia, etc. are billed separately, so about another $8,0000 I am estimating.
Describe Daniel Skora's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
He prefers to only transfer one embryo, at least in my case. I am not sure if it would be different for someone older or with other health factors.
Daniel Skora
Fertility Specialists of Texas
Dallas
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas.