Medical SchoolNew York Med Col
ResidencyThomas Jefferson
FellowshipUMDNJ
200 West 57th Street
212-256-8200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Stein to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff.... Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff. All very nice. I appreciate that he is available via phone or in person relatively easy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with questions and push for more details. I am someone who needs to know understand every bit of the process. Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Most of my contact had been with the nurses, who are amazing. Most of them very knowledgeable and patient. Take the time to answer my questions and call the same day. My contact with Dr. Stein has been much less. I expected to be more in direct contact with him throughout the process, however, the option of scheduling phone or in person appt is always open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tova for IVF. Eliza--RN)
AMAZING! Very patient, compassionate, caring. They took the time to answer my questions, no matter how many times I asked.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The systems and daily operations are very straight forward and easy to navigate. I am an RMA west side patient. However, procedures bad weekend monitoring is done at the east side location. It's very busy!. Staff is always willing to help. Finance, check in, phone calls, after hours service. All very easy to navigate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hours are 7-8:30 at West Side office. It's a much smaller office than the East side, so it feel more intimate. Technicians are very efficient and quick. It's a well run operation. If you go only for bloodwork, it's pretty quick. If you also have ultrasound it's a bit more time but not too much more.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Approx: $7000 for each IVF cycle, including insurance co-pays, ICSI, PGS, meds.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Stein] diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe...He is very direct...if that is off-putting, you may want to reconsider. I loved his blunt approach and his honesty. He also has a great sense of humor... He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is not the most "warm and fuzzy", but he is very compassionate and very direct. It is obvious that he cares about every patient that walks into his office. He is efficient and he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've met. He diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe.
Always addressed by name. Always saw a doctor during my visits. Emails and phone calls addressed rapidly.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
1. He diagnosed me with PCOS (first time anyone said this to me fyi) and put me on metformin to improve my egg quality and my response to my drugs. 2. He said that my ovaries were very responsive and used lower doses of stimulation drugs for my IVF so I'd be more comfortable would have fewer side effects. 3. He set me up with a nutritionist so that I could lose weight and learn how to eat better for a person with PCOS (and I lost 60 pounds!). 4. He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
My care coordinator Nicole was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - thorough, efficient, multiple locations, everyone works together, very clear financial information Weaknesses - everything is done at the Madison Avenue location on weekends and it can be very busy with a bit of a wait
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are in the morning. However, it runs very smoothly and I was never sitting around waiting for more than 20 to 30 minutes...and those waits were usually on the weekend. On weekdays, I hardly waited at all and could go to monitoring and still be on time for work.
My costs were predominantly covered by our insurance. However, we spent approximately $700 to $800 in lab fee copays and office copays and our medications cost us roughly $2000 to $3000.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Stein ONLY does single embryo transfers. We discussed the trade-offs and I was comfortable given my age and the higher risks of complications and pre-term labor with multiples.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Stein was always honest about what to expect. This was helpful especially during the times when things did not go as I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that I could email Dr. Stein at any point with any question and he would answer promptly. I was a worrier throughout the process and he definitely eased my mind on multiple occasions. This is not an easy process for anyone but I always felt that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein knew exactly how to achieve the best possible result given my situation.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I was treated by Dr. Stein in 2014/2015 and then again in 2017/2018. He was recommended to me by my ObGyn who is absolutely fantastic. Throughout the treatment I felt very confident that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein will achieve the best possible outcome. He was always honest with me and, most importantly, was available to answer any questions via email.
Focus on what's important which is being treated by a knowledgeable doctor who has a wealth of experience and knows what he is doing.
We started with IUI. I got pregnant on the second try but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. We tried two more IUIs and then switched to IVF. The first egg retrieval was not successful as only 1 embryo survived and it did not pass the genetic testing. The second try was successful and we ended up with 3 healthy embryos. We did 3 transfers. 1 resulted in our beautiful son. The second resulted in a miscarriage. And the third one resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Due date is in September 2018.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza was great. She guided me through every treatment. He attitude was always so positive and she always seemed like she was happy to see me and genuinely wished me well. The coordinators are good but not great. The main reason is that they are not as organized as some of the other staff. You really have to be on top of them to ensure that you get the right medication and everything is received timely.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are every day from 7am until 8:30am (plus minus 30 minutes as I do not remember exactly). The later you come the more people are waiting. For the most part, the wait was not long. If you arrive early then there might not even be a wait.
Most of the treatments were covered by my insurance. However, the genetic testing was out of pocket.
I am not exactly sure if there is a preference but all of my transfers were single embryo transfers and we never really discussed it to be anything else.
NY - Westside
[Dr. Daniel Stein] went above and beyond to help us get pregnant...I felt like he really understood...I initially thought there was no hope in me getting pregnant again. But at the very last minute Dr. Daniel Stein came out to see me one more time in the waiting room and said let's try something different this time...I had previously had eggs retrieved from a different doctor. After two failed attempts we decided to go with another Dr. and that's when we met Dr. Stein. He performed transfer the first time with me an it resulted in a successful pregnancy.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
It was such a pleasure being Dr. Stein's patient. I felt like he really understood my unique I initially thought there was no hope in me getting pregnant again. But at the very last minute Dr. Daniel Stein came out to see me one more time in the waiting room and said let's try something different this time. That sudden encounter gave me the hope I needed to push through. And here I am now....writing this review with my daughter snuggly attached to me (via wrap) sleeping. I would highly recommend Dr. Stein to everybody....even my worse enemy (if I had one). condition and went above and beyond to help us get pregnant.
Trust Dr. Stein. And do not be afraid to ask questions. You have to be your own advocate.
The treatment and care felt very sincere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were very polite and professional. Not once did I feel like just a number. The care and patient they provided made me feel human.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Very efficient and polite. Not sure on the weakness. Perhaps it would be nicer if they responded to messages in a more timely manner. Or at least try to be available immediately to converse with the patient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
it was well oiled machine. The operation was very efficient.
The cost is obviously expensive. But the two loans we took out to finance our fertility goals made it well worth it.
My husband and I were eager to try transferring two embryos. Dr. Stein did not object initially....but he eventually expressed his concerns and advised the risk that involves multiple births We were disappointed and thought he knew best.
NY - Westside
When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he [Dr. Daniel Stein] was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help...Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well...I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is smart, experienced and knows his stuff. He explains things well and is a realist - a described pessimist. I think he did a good job with our egg retrieval, as he was very exacting about my timing and when to trigger. We got good results from the retrieval (though a lot of that is because of my eggs). I found the transfer VERY uncomfortable (I am not a great gyno patient) and he was incredibly impatient and unsupportive in the moment. My transfer took, but then I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, exactly the same time I had miscarried with my two natural pregnancies. Despite the fact that he had pushed for IVF to control for embryo quality, and then the embryo quality didn't seem to make a difference (they were PGD tested), he had no explanation for why I might have miscarried. He also was not overly sensitive and wanted to just 'try again.' he said it's a numbers game. He was very dismissive of my suggestions (other women in my family had a bicornuate uterus, but he immediately said I didn't have that). When I went to get a second opinion from another clinic, they suggested a different protocol. I brought that suggestion back to him and he was immediately dismissive, judgmental and unprofessional. He told me that clinic had a 'terrible reputation' (despite the fact that he had trained the doctor) and that their suggestions were off-base. This was a phone call, after not responding to my email for a few weeks. He claimed he had. Overall, he left a very bad taste in my mouth and I felt unsafe/uncared for in his care. I think he is very smart and knows his stuff but is very arrogant and not open-minded. While I think he likely provides good care overall and helps a lot of women have success, I would not recommend him to a close friend.
Be your own advocate, and push him hard if you disagree.
There were so so many patients in and out of RMA - there would often be at least 20 other women in the waiting room while I was there. Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well (I had had a horrible miscarriage with gushing blood for 12 days, came to see him to make sure I wasn't hemorrhaging and he helped break up the clots, and then had no memory a short time later as to why I would be anemic. Also didn't seem to check my chart). I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
I believe it was a standard protocol, with menapur, gonal F, and the trigger. for the transfer, we used PIO and estrace. When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza?)
Eliza is amazing!! There was another nurse too who comforted me when I cried about starting PIO. I wish I remember her name. Overall, the nurses are amazing there.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a strong clinic and well organized. It is huge, and they do a good job of managing individual cases. They always return phone calls within the hour. It does feel like a bit of a factory given the size. They are also fairly conservative/traditional. They do not believe in immunology issues and are not particularly open/imaginative about understanding RPL. They are very evidence-based, which is not a bad thing, but I do wonder since other places are more open to experimental treatments!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I liked that the hours were early and I could go before work, and the window of time was substantial. However, it is such a huge place that sometimes I would wait an entire hour. And there was no way to predict it! So I'd have to go much earlier than I wanted just in case. It did feel a bit like cattle call.
For me, Dr Stein believed strongly in transferring one embryo, because multiples bring higher risks. I agree with this assessment and appreciated it. (He also has twins himself, so that may bias him).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Right from the first visit the Dr. Stein was very empathetic and caring, but also very practical with reference to treatment options... he suggested IVF as our best option. Although initially we were not sure whether we need to opt this as our first course, he patiently discussed and explained the complications of IUI given my history of Ectopic; and how there is an option to use the ICSI & PGS tested embryos to reduce the chances of miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, thereby reducing 2 major risks. Dr Stein was present at most of monitoring sessions during retrieval and transfer cycle. He ensured all our questions were answered at these visits and also was available via. email if needed. He coordinated with my other doctors such as endocrinologist and hematologist whenever necessary.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was excellent in understanding my history, breaking multiple issues causing infertility; explaining the risk factors associated with each issue; and how & when it requires treatment. He educated us on some of the misconceptions we had - ex: the chromosomal test results after 2nd miscarriage resulted in no abnormalities in the fetus. Therefore we had ruled out chromosomal abnormality as one of the reasons for miscarriage in our case. However, Dr Stein explained that if the tested fetus was male then only we could be absolutely sure that the sample was of the fetus. As in our case this was female, there was a chance that the sample may have been of the mother and not the fetus. If other things were not an issue, he suggested IVF as our best option. Although initially we were not sure whether we need to opt this as our first course, he patiently discussed and explained the complications of IUI given my history of Ectopic; and how there is an option to use the ICSI & PGS tested embryos to reduce the chances of miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, thereby reducing 2 major risks. Dr Stein was present at most of monitoring sessions during retrieval and transfer cycle. He ensured all our questions were answered at these visits and also was available via. email if needed. He coordinated with my other doctors such as endocrinologist and hematologist whenever necessary. Even after the transfer cycle, there were instances where we assumed it was not going to be successful due to spotting/bleeding. However, Dr Stein was very reassuring at each visit; conducted extra blood and ultrasound monitoring whenever necessary; and adjusted the medications immediately when needed. I would highly recommend Dr Stein for his knowledge, experience and excellent care & service through out the process. He was empathetic as well as realistic, practical and above all highly trust worthy.
No matter how small your concern is, ask questions to him or the team directly rather than searching it over the internet.
Right from the first visit the Dr. Stein was very empathetic and caring, but also very practical with reference to treatment options. The team made sure I was comfortable through out the treatment with regard to each aspect and answered questions without any hesitation.
I think it was an antagonist protocol; Drugs - Gonal F, Generelix, Menopur, Leuprolide, HCG, Estrace, Progestrone in Oil, Medrol; Results - 29 eggs retrieved out of which 8 were good embryos; 1st transfer of the best embryo was successful.
The nursing team was very good in communicating the results; answering our questions with regard to any concern or medication; reachable easily; called back ASAP in case of immediate need (like spotting / medication dosage questions / urgent refills). They were also very helpful in navigating me to the right pharmacy to get medication immediately, when my initial pharmacy failed to deliver on time. Excellent co-ordination and timing during morning monitoring hours. It took me less than half hour most days for monitoring in the morning and was able to get back to work on time. Initial paperwork, tests for spouse, insurance approvals were also handled without any hassles.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - Excellent doctors, good lab providing results on same day, great team of staff who are available all days of week and very friendly, very comfortable monitoring hours accommodates working people, doctor and nurses available via. email or call for answering any questions, immediate attention and treatment when required. I did not come across any particular weakness, however I feel the finance team has a chance to improve with respect to coordinating with the medical team in case of changes during the treatment and sending the receipts after payment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were well run, everyday morning 6-8:30. Perfect for working women like me. There was hardly much wait time, was in and out within half hour most days. Weekend and holiday monitoring is usually at the mid-town clinic.
Most of my treatment cost was covered under insurance, briefly the amount billed on insurance initial doctor visit, lab tests was billed about $1200; Retrieval - around $7500; Embryo preservation (lab) - $1000 per year; FET - $2,480; ICSI - $2500 and PGS - $3550(depends on no.of embryos and was not covered by insurance)
Dr Stein recommended single embryo transfer and also did explain the complication specific to my case in case of multiple embryo transfer.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein..I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive...Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease... After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA. We sought a consultation after trying without success for one year. I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive in anyway. It was extremely easy to arrange an appointment with the office and get everything started. The office returned phone calls and addressed all of our insurance questions. We had looked into engaging in care with two other institutions and had negative experiences with the office staff. Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease- especially knowing all the options that could be available to us. After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
Listen to him. He is up to date on the medical literature and does what he knows is medically necessary and no more to put you at minimal risk and maximum chance of success.
He always greeted with smile, willing to answer questions via email. If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case.
We did one IUI, with letrazole and trigger shot. After realizing extent of male factor issue IVF was recommended. 1 retrieval cycles with, PGS and ICSI (10 eggs retrieved, 3 to day 5, none genetically normal after PGS testing). Used gonal F, cetratide, menopur. I was a slow responder. Second cycle he changed protocol to lupron micro flare with much higher doses of gonal F and menopur as I was a slow responder, as he felt I had a diagnosis of poor egg quality. This time we had 14 eggs retrieved, 6 to day 5, 3 were genetically normal after PGS testing). 1st transfer with 1 embryo was successful- currently I am 10 weeks pregnant with a little boy.
The nursing staff always had a smile on their face and very accommodating. Made you feel at ease very early in the morning and throughout entire process. Always available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. The IVF and financial coordinators were always quick to respond to emails.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. Dr. Stein was usually the one there, and if not, the other doctors were very kind.
The clinic was willing to bill my primary insurance and then run it through my secondary before billing us.
2009 - 2017
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He's [Dr. Daniel Stein] has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors)... Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
2009 - 2017
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors).
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He and his staff are happy to explain everything and make you feel like they are recommending the best path forward.
I love Dr Stein and his staff. They were sweet and understanding. I got to know them well over the months. They truely care about you, and answer all your questions.
I froze my eggs in my early 30s and already had reduced reserve. I went back at 36 to get pregnant. The one IUI was unsuccessful and I love that we didn't waste any more time with that My eggs didn't defrost well (there weren't that many) and I had to move to IVF. Always did aggressive drug protocol due to low reserve. My first new IVF only got 3 mature eggs. 2 fertilized and 1 made to Day 5. It was PGS tested and it was normal. Miscarried. Second IVF I got 6 eggs with a different protocol. 5 fertilized. 1 was Day 5. PGS. Not normal. He started to prep me to donor eggs due to low probability of success. Said we'd try one more time and if I didn't get at least 1 egg - need to switch to egg donor 3rd IVF. Converted to IUI due to only 1 egg being stimmed. Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
She was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw. In particular Dr Davis at the soho location
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Weekdays was easier and quicker. Weekends we all have to go to east side - so more jammed and longer wait. But it didn't bother me. Staff was nice and efficient.
Hard to say because my insurance picked up a lot. I paid $65k out of pocket for all my treatments (1 IUI, 3.5 IVF, and donor egg cycle)
He left it up to me after explaining the risks of twins. He prefers 1 but I did 2 in the last run and it worked. Singleton
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He's [Dr. Stein] very blunt which I prefer...You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office...He answered any and all questions, was available for phone calls if I had concerns. Made sure I understood the procedure and all possible outcomes...Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first...
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's very blunt which I prefer. I don't need a doctor who's going to hold my hand but rather give me the good, bad, and ugly straight up. You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office.
If you want someone who's going to coddle you, he's not for you.
Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first. We need 3 rounds of that with no success. We then moved onto IUI, 2 of those and both were negative. Our last resort was IVF. I was on Gonal F, Menupor, HcG, and one other medication I can't remember for roughly 12 days. They increased my dosage of Menopur only once to get a better response and bigger follicles. I was monitored every other day or so to make sure my ovaries didn't become too large. We retrieved 11 eggs out of which 2 were sent for biopsy and came back prefect. For the transfer cycle I was put on estrogen and progesterone. I opted to take the oral and vaginal progesterone as the progesterone in oil is done with a very large needle intramuscular in your backside. I hate needles so I was very grateful for the second option.
The nursing team and IVF coordinator are amazing. They're super sweet and responsive. You deal more with them then your doctor since you see whichever doctor is on rotation during monitoring but your specific doctor will review your results and have the nurses call you.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've been to 3 locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was first come, first serve. Hours vary by office. Wait was typically 30 mins to an hour for the entire process (bloodwork and ultrasound) but it went fast with the amount of people they see.
I was worried that transferring only 1 embryo wouldn't result in a positive outcome but Dr. Stein assured us that our chances were the same and if we transferred both then we'd possibly end up with triplets or quadruplets. Also, I've read that transferred multiple can interfere with implantation. We did only 1 and kept the other frozen with positive results.
None, Other
Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees....Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight ... I am skinny... is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents...He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
First off, our background might be a piece of cake for Dr Stein. We are both just over 30 trying for a year. My hubby has very active spern counts. I am skinny but all good otherwise. Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents. We came 6mo later and one negative preganancy test on clomed and natural intimacy and one IUI which we succeeded and now I am 9 weeks in. Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions. He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh. Anyways overall good experience with Dr. Stein and hope all the best with our first one!
Trust him
Loved working with Krista! She's kind, warm and full of compassion. She knows the work well. She took time when answering our questions and feels happy for our results.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time.
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him...Its hard to point out any flaw with the care we received from Dr. Stein and the entire RMA team. - Dr. Stein is actively involved - from sales-pitching the practice to you on your first meeting, most morning monitoring, determining, tweaking, explaining the protocols, in close contact during the retrieval process and personally performing the implantation procedure. He even helped match us up with the right OBGYN upon release, based on where we live and our history...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Please seriously consider Dr. Stein (as long as insurance and location works out for you) - you will be in good hands,
Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him (Happen one too many times - scarily - with the previous doctor we saw)
IVF cycle 1: Resulted in no embryos that passed PGS. Antagonist protocol that yielded 9 eggs and 2 made it to day 5. IVF cycle 2: Resulted in a pregnancy (currently at week 10). Was a modified lupron flare protocol. Yielded 11 eggs, 2 made it to day 5, one passed PGS and implanted successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
- the RMA team is kick ass. The IVF coordinator and nurse are available over email, and over phone and never take more than a couple of hours to return a call. Everything detail is organized and communicated in full detail. - Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Convenient location (for us), Work with our insurance (Progyny), well organized, mature setup across reception, billing, morning monitoring, IVF coordination and nursing care. Weaknesses - I cant really think of one
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA is fully covered at zero cost under our insurance plan - Progyny. We had zero bills to handle, zero co-pays to worry about.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
He [Dr Stein] puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very accessible and usually very warm. We have his email address and he always writes back promptly with detailed answers. I am someone who asks a lot of questions and who wants to know every little detail. I also have a lot of anxiety around this process which means I do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions to many different people on the subject (RE, OB, PCP, nutritionist, acupuncturist, friends/coworkers who have gone through this, 2nd opinions...anyone). He puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide. It doesn't seem to be about money with him - he truly seems to want us to get pregnant with a viable baby, and not just for money or to "up" his numbers. I really believe he cares. So far in our treatment he has been right in all of his opinions of what our fertility issues are. We aren't out of the woods yet, but I've been seeing him for just over a year now and we are definitely very close to a viable pregnancy with our own sperm and eggs. I have more hope now than I had before. Also, he always recognizes me when he sees me in the waiting room. He has so many patients, and yet he knows who we are. (Maybe he only remembers me because I'm crazy, but I don't think so - he seems to remember lots of people). It feels more personal, instead of me just being another number. UPDATE: We seem to be out of the woods now! After my 2nd embryo transfer (both with genetically tested single embryo) I am now almost 16 weeks pregnant! (1st embryo transfer with genetically tested embryo did result in a pregnancy, but he thought it was a chemical pregnancy as it miscarried very shortly after the positive pregnancy test). This current pregnancy - my 5th one - is the first one to make it this far by a mile. It's the first one I ever even heard a heartbeat. I'm still only cautiously optimistic because of all of the miscarriages prior to this, but we have hope!
Don't be shy to ask questions. He's fairly patient with this, but sometimes won't think to have us try a certain thing until we bring it up. For example we did two egg retrievals and only the second one brought us normal embryos (genetically tested). He assumed we were going to do a frozen transfer the next cycle. We thought about it, and then asked if it would make sense to do another egg retrieval and try to bank a few more genetically normal embryos before the transfer. (We had several reasons for this). He said that was a great idea, and he recommended highly that we do it, if we were up for it - but he didn't suggest it himself - we brought the subject up to him.
See my previous statement. I definitely feel like a person there, and not a number.
IUI: 5 days of Letrozole, then monitoring. IUI done when I had 2 or 3 eggs maturing. (Ended up in pregnancy - my third, but miscarriage at 6w1d). Rationale was not to use injectables for an IUI cycle, as those tend to result in multiples which is risky. So we just gave my ovaries a little push and it worked! But the embryo was abnormal (tested fetus after miscarriage and was missing part of the 8th chromosome) so IUI didn't seem to be for us. We needed to move on to IVF with genetic testing. Egg retrieval #1: 150 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 13. 10 eggs/8 mature/5 fertilized/1 made it to day 6/0 tested genetically normal. :( Egg retrieval #2: 225 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 24 eggs/20 mature/17 fertilized/6 made it to day 6/2 tested genetically normal (grades CB and DA). Rationale was to try and get more eggs than the first retrieval - which worked, and gave us at least a few "normal" ones. Decision as to whether we should transfer one of the "normal" embryos, or if we should try to bank a few more "normal" embryos before a transfer. Opted to bank. Egg retrieval #3: 200 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 10 eggs/10 mature/8 fertilized/5 made it to day 6/3 tested genetically normal (grades AB, BB, BC). Rationale was to get better quality eggs, rather than quantity. It worked! This was by far my best cycle in terms of embryology results. At this point we had 5 "normal" embryos frozen (although he said the DA looked really bad - and in all his years of doing this he's only seen a viable pregnancy with a D embryo twice. Transfer #1: 2 mg estrace taken twice a day. A few days later upped it to 2 mg of estrace three times a day. 5 days before transfer started 50 mg progesterone intramuscular shot once a day/16 mg Medrol for 7 days/1000 mg Azithromycen once. Transfer of BB embryo that thawed to an AA embryo. Lining was at 10mm. Resulted in positive pregnancy test (my 4th) but it didn't stick. Doctor said this was a fluke or bad luck that it didn't work - that with a genetically "normal" AA embryo with 10mm lining (and nothing else structurally wrong with me) this should have worked. Transfer #2: Same protocol as above, however upped to 75 mg progesterone when mine tested slightly low. Transfer of AB embryo that thawed the same. Lining was at 9mm. This one worked! (My fifth pregnancy). As of this writing I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean-Ann Mckiernan and Ferstendig)
All of the nurses I've talked to are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written. I really feel like she's in our cheering section and is hoping for us to succeed. Eliza was also awesome. When I got discharged from the RE's office (to my OB), I hadn't said goodbye to her before I left, so she ran out into the hall while I was waiting for the elevator just to say goodbye and good luck. So sweet!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very pleasant and clean and comfortable.
Our insurance was pretty good. They were in network the year where I had the bulk of my treatments (Anthem Blue Cross). They are not in network anymore, so it would have been much more expensive.
NY - Westside
I went to Dr Stein as a single mother by choice, with no history of fertility issues, and he created a plan for me that did not push for more treatment than necessary. He also explained his approach, and was available by phone and email. When I was pregnant, he had me schedule ultrasound appointments on his monitoring days so he could monitor my progress personally....Dr Stein listened to what I wanted, and provided a plan that worked for me. He explained why he recommended or didn't recommend a particular course of treatment and gave direct feedback on how I was doing.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I went to Dr Stein as a single mother by choice, with no history of fertility issues, and he created a plan for me that did not push for more treatment than necessary. He also explained his approach, and was available by phone and email. When I was pregnant, he had me schedule ultrasound appointments on his monitoring days so he could monitor my progress personally. His nurse, Eliza, was also very helpful, responding to emails and calls the same day.
I did an unmedicated IUI with an ovulation trigger shot. My tests were all good and the shot helped produce a longer leuteal phase (I was ovulating late in the cycle naturally), so there was no reason to do medicated cycles. I had no indications of fertility issues, but was 40, so he supported my desire to strike a balance between minimal intervention and not waiting too long. I got pregnant on my second IUI (2nd at RMA, I also had 1 at Columbia). My son was born healthy and beautiful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstendig )
Eliza, the primary nurse I worked with, responded to emails and calls the same day, usually within a few hours. She talked me down when I got anxious, and helped with scheduling follow ups during my pregnancy when I was also dealing with my mother's terminal illness. The clinical nurses who did blood draws and other tests during monitoring were fantastic. I'm very bad with having blood taken (get nauseous, woozy), and they got me through it quickly and without getting sick, and didn't make me feel rushed if I needed a few extra minutes to recover.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westside location is smaller, more personal, and tended not to be too crowded or have long waits for morning monitoring. Procedures were done at the main east side office, which was a bit more hectic and tended to have more waiting.
Dr Stein was in network with my insurance. I had a copay for visits and monitoring.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
While Dr. Stein is very approachable and willing to answer questions by email, phone or appointment, he does have a very large number of clients (as you would expect from RMA NY). I did not always see him during monitoring and when I did, time was often limited. Also, while he was very good about tempering expectations, I felt there was a lot of emphasis on only my age and not further exploration of other contributing factors.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an accomplished endocrinologist with a lot of experience. He was referred to me by a few friends / acquaintances who had positive views of him and his practice. When my first round of IVF did not yield a large number of eggs / embryos, his adjustments for and throughout the second round showed far better results. A third attempt may have been even more promising, but we ultimately chose to move on. In Dr. Stein's practice, there is not a lot of focus on preparation before cycles or treatment. There was very little advice on nutritional adjustments or supplements. For me, personally, I was looking for more guidance on how to possibly improve my situation from an integrative medicine perspective before jumping into another cycle. That said, as far as western medicine, I would recommend him to those that are focused on that kind of treatment.
If you have questions, continue to ask them. He can be responsive by email. If not, his office will set up a phone consult. He is direct and extremely knowledgeable, but I am not sure how much he thinks outside the box.
In my first IVF cycle, we used the microflare protocol that starts with the birth control pill. Given my work schedule, I was on bcp for a week longer than standard. I had fears that this would over-suppress my ovaries. I wholeheartedly believe that my fears were valid. The amount of eggs retrieved did not match my expectations given antral follicle count from several day 3 observations. Trust your instincts!! My second IVF cycle, using estrogen priming, yielded far more eggs. However, we opted for PGD and none of our embryos made it to blast even though they made it to day 5. Given my history of miscarriage, it was the right choice to try to test all the embryos at the time. However, for the next cycle, we will try to transfer some fresh embryos. After speaking to a couple friends that were also patients of Dr. Stein, it seems that we were all started with the microflare protocol. Personally understanding the variations of our circumstances, ages and fertility issues, I am not sure that starting all of us on the same protocol shows much consideration for individual situations. Of course, we don't know if he does this for all patients but it is interesting to note.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators. So, I never felt that I had direct care as there was always confusion as to which of the 2 should or could respond to me. Again, this took away from focused care. My best experience was with one of the nurses that drew my blood. Whenever, she was there, she knew my name and expressed compassion. Unfortunately, there were also nurses that drew my blood that were more interested in discussing their weekend plans with other staff than giving me their full attention. If you go to RMA, make sure they are clear who is your primary nurse and your primary coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. Given the importance of removing stress during fertility treatments, worrying about billing issues is counterproductive to the process. Get to know your billing coordinator and stay on top of them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments are only from 7 AM - 9 AM on weekdays. If your monitoring appointment falls on a weekend, you have to go the Eastside office with similar hours.
Standard costs. Other responses here are accurate. Mine were a bit convoluted given he was considered out-of-network for me.
Given my age, Dr. Stein, expressed that he was against multiple embryo transfer.
5 IUI, 6 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
I found DR Stein to be very available, he explained things well. he managed my expectations but not in a damaging way. he was very kind and warm. he spent the time with me needed during crisis situations...the doctor was always available either by phone, or email...I did 2 types of cycles. first without BCP and then with. based on first 2 cycle results, went on to do only cycles without bcp. the strategies ere aimed at increasing number of aggs without sacrificing quality.
5 IUI, 6 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
to make sure you fully understand the expectations of the cycle proposed
the doctor was always available either by phone, or email. the nursing staff was knowledgeable and superb in returning both emails and phone calls
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
there are several nurses who work with this team. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
billing dept is terrible. the front staff are kind. nobody enforces the rule of "no kids" in the office yet, it is written in a few places.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
some days it was terrible other days it was nice and quick. if you get there early around 7, it is always quick--under 30 minutes
around 15,000$ per cycle
single set was highly recommended and reinforced.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Stein is very direct and honest with his patients. He explains every step of the process and answers all questions patiently with images and diagrams when necessary. He has given honest feedback when asked and has responded to emails or calls on a timely manner.... You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Bring your partner to your first visit. You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
Dr Stein was very honest and direct. He explained every step clearly and him and his team were very responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff and coordinator are patient and answer all your questions in a timely and detailed manner. They help you figure out every step of the process and will return your calls or emails very quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
-Monitoring hours are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super easy. Hours were early which allowed minimal interruption to my work schedule, especially if you arrive early.
Around 19000 without medication.
Dr Stein advised we only transfer one embryo because it would be the safest for me and the baby.
2 IUI, IVF
Dr Stein is a very knowledgeable professional. He is very clear on which direction to take and is ready to guide you during the process. He is honest and direct, he doesn't cover things. He could take a bit more time to talk during the treatment process. Feel that we have only spoken really taking time on the initial consultation then was very much in and out.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Do intermediate check ins with patience, propose scheduling time to discuss. Offer all the options that RMA has, nutritionist etc, since the beginning. So people can feel that there is a support system behind the doctor.
He was direct and honest. He remembers all patience and tries to be as present as possible.
Clomid for both IUI, pills super easy. Lots of monitoring. Then IVF is a lot of combined inyectable medications followed by a trigger before egg retrieval. Later the transfer cycle is also very demanding. With a lot of other oral or inyectable medications.
The best were the clinic associates. The ones helping the monitoring. That is a rocking team !
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very professional, well staffed office. Always ready to help. Open, cleaned and well equipped.
17K
He was very clear about his strategy since day one and we were on board after asking a lot of questions. He shown us stadistica and explain risks to go to multiple embryo transfer
NY - Westside
I felt very confident with Dr Stein treating me. He has 20+ years of experience which earns my trust. He is not going to sugar coat things and make you have higher expectations than you should. He is a good communicator. I never had trouble understanding what he was telling me...He was honest and up front about our situation and our options but also down to earth...When I came to him feeling a certain way about something, he listened and resolved it.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Trust his experience and if you need something more, ask. He listens.
He was honest and up front about our situation and our options but also down to earth. I got to know about him and his family. I feel as if ive know him for years not months. When I came to him feeling a certain way about something, he listened and resolved it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurse who called me with my results/instructions was always warm, informative and a clear communicator. My coordinator answered emails promptly and thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They were organized, had good monitoring hours (7AM - 8:30AM) and were always available via phone when needed. Very little wait time.
They helped up get approved for a NYS grant which cut out costs in half.
NY - Westside
Clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. I asked to add progesterone supplements this round, because my luteal phase is on the shorter side - Dr. Stein didn't think it was entirely necessary but was willing to try it with me...Dr. Stein is sort of rough around the edges, but he seems to truly care about me and my husband, and about our (hopeful) future pregnancy. He listened to my long list of questions about how to adjust treatment and he explained which ones we could do and which he didn't think were right for us. He was very quick to respond to the one email I sent.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Don't expect to see him at each appointment, but if you need to talk to him, he will certainly make time for a visit.
Dr. Stein is "no bullshit" and seems a little gruff at first, but he's been very reassuring and comforting to me because his bluntness makes me feel like I can trust him. He responded to an email in great detail and pretty quickly.
The nurses are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean, the receptionists are kind, and the nurses are compassionate.
Not sure - haven't been billed yet.
3 Eggs Frozen
None, Other
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] is a straight shooter. If you need delicate messaging, he isn't the doctor for you. I appreciated his candidness and that he didn't inflate my expectations. He was always available to answer questions and personally called with results and information...Cycle 1- agonist, 3 eggs, 1 embryo batches with round 2 for PGD Cycle 2- micro flare with PGD , 9 eggs, 5 embryos, 0 viable out of 6 (3 Fragile x, 3 chromosomal issues) Cycle 3- micro flare with PGD , 13 eggs. 7 embryos, 2 viable, 1 mosaic, 2 Fragile x, 2 chromosomal issues
3 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He is a straight shooter. If you need delicate messaging, he isn't the doctor for you. I appreciated his candidness and that he didn't inflate my expectations. He was always available to answer questions and personally called with results and information.
Expect blunt communication. He doesn't beat around the bush. BUT he is honest and does everything in his power to help you achieve your goal
Although RMA has many patients, I always felt that the team knew my case well and was accessible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean- Ann and Danitra)
The nurses were always available and amazingly responsive. I received call badlcks in 20 minutes every time I called.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of patients! Long monitoring hour lines. BUT- amazing doctors and nurses. They knew every detail of my case and run like a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Blood lab staff were awesome. Lines could be long but he clinic was efficient with getting patients in and out.
3 cycles with medicine and PGD = $65,000
6 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was great, but due to timing, I rarely saw him. He is warm, and has a good sense of humor and I felt very comfortable with him. He explained things thoroughly and if I ever had questions I could email him. Overall, my experience was good!! I didn't get too many eggs (6 frozen) but he seemed to think that was a good amount for my numbers. He recommended that if money was not a concern that I should do a second round, but it's so expensive and I don't know if I will do it.
6 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was great, but due to timing, I rarely saw him. He is warm, and has a good sense of humor and I felt very comfortable with him. He explained things thoroughly and if I ever had questions I could email him. Overall, my experience was good!! I didn't get too many eggs (6 frozen) but he seemed to think that was a good amount for my numbers. He recommended that if money was not a concern that I should do a second round, but it's so expensive and I don't know if I will do it.
Schedule your egg freezing cycle when you don't have anything else going on. The hormones can make your emotions go nuts.
The staff was very friendly and the other doctors were great as well. I only saw Dr. Stein for my initial consult and at the end.
I had no problems with the nursing staff. They were great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
On the weekends, the east side clinic was very crowded because it is the only one that is open. Bring a good book!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was in the early morning. Not ideal for my schedule, but I went at the end of the window and was fine.
About $4,500 for medication. About $9000 for egg freezing. About $750 for anesthesia
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Stein was very direct in his course of treatment. He never changed course, unless it was right for my benefit, and he showed compassion throughout the whole process. He was extremely understanding of my many questions and concerns and went through all procedures in-depth.... Dr. Stein and his team (specifically His nurse Eliza) were extremely thorough, personable, and understanding.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Stay positive.
With my first-memo put injections followed by IUI. With my second-menopause injections in association with other IVF drugs for egg retrieval (can’t remember all).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstandig )
Eliza couldn’t have been more helpful and compassionate through the process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Many people come in for monitoring hours, but I never waited more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The staff is friendly and the office is kept extremely clean. All doctors are thorough and understanding.
Covered by insurance.
Felt very strongly against multiples unless it was my wish to carry twins.
NY - Westside
Dr Stein kept me calm through it all. I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!...Dr Stein is kind, patient, answers all of my questions, and most importantly reassures me. He is thoughtful and gentle.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is the best fertility doc in town. He is brilliant, kind, patient, responsive, and has a wonderful bedside manner. I wasn't the most straightforward fertility case, and I truly believe if I had ended up anywhere else, it wouldn't have ended the same happy way. Dr Stein kept me calm through it all. I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!
Good luck :)
Very patient, reassuring, kind, went out of her way to make my journey as easy as possible
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strenghts: research, kind docs, multiple clinic locations Weaknesses: busy especially on weekends
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Very busy- tried to get there as early as possible. Waits at westside office shorter than eastside. Weekends are a long wait
single embryo transfer - multiple pregnancies being higher risk
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein was available for ongoing questions at any time. He would answer emails on the weekends and get back to you in timely fashion. I always felt confident with his care and that I was in the best of hands...Dr. Stein is a thorough and knowledgeable physician who cares about his patients personally. He is kind and immensely dedicated to being successful for his patients.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
It important to ask questions and be pro-active with your care.
I did find that some nurses did not communicate the correct directions to me and so I had to be aware of things on my own and follow up a few times.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic's hours are highly convenient for a working person. They allow you to come in during early hours for monitoring. There were times that the clinic was very busy in the morning so there was a long wait.
Thank goodness our insurance covered most of the IVF process. However, the medications were not covered and were extremely expensive.
NY - Westside
he [Dr. Stein] explained every procedure thoroughly and the pros and cons of the various treatment options...he was very knowledgeable and thorough with his treatment plan and treatment options for us and was always willing to answer any questions or concerns we had patiently. He was to the point regarding what would give us the best chance of conceiving...Most of the visits are very quick and you barely have to wait for few minutes before being seen.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he explained every procedure thoroughly and the pros and cons of the various treatment options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were very knowledgeable and very prompt at returning calls and answering any concerns we had i a very timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Excellent supporting staff and everything runs very smoothly. Most of the visits are very quick and you barely have to wait for few minutes before being seen. Everything is very well organized and you never feel rushed. The doctors and nurses will patiently answer your questions.
I agree totally with his approach towards transferring a single embryo in our case considering all the risks with twin pregnancies.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly...I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude....Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention.
Ask lots of questions upfront
I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly
I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude.
All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Over 10k
Strong preference for one
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Stein] sat down with us and explained the process. He exuded confidence which gave us a level of comfort. He was very good at managing our expectations and disclosing as much information as we needed without stressing us out.
He sat down with us and explained the process. He exuded confidence which gave us a level of comfort. He was very good at managing our expectations and disclosing as much information as we needed without stressing us out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Danitra)
They remember your name and recognize you in the office. It is quite remarkable given the number of patients they see each day. Also considering that we are a same-sex couple, we did not feel judged at all.