6.7

UMDNJ

Daniel Stein works at

200 West 57th Street, Suite 900
212-256-8200

sometimes I felt like my doctor [Dr. Daniel Stein] didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much...prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just minor - this round, I was told by a nurse to start birth control, and that I would be starting stims in mid April. Cut to a few days before I thought this was starting, and I learned from the coordinator that I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the cycle until May. This was mostly due to the fact that I had travel scheduled that could potentially conflict with a retrieval date had I started stims in April. However, I'd communicated this travel with everyone, and the nurse I spoke to earlier said "this won't be a problem." There was just a miscommunication. Not the end of the world for me, but given we pay so much for this service, isn't something I'd be happy to experience again.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside

I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was always very responsive and thoughtful...I had success with our first transfer which I hadn’t expected. I was 41 when I gave birth. He definitely helped us get to where we wanted to be very quickly. I had a bad experience with the clinic and he was very responsive and made me feel heard and supported...I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
I had serious concerns about [some staff] at the clinic [RMA of New York] treated me...Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he [Dr. Stein] is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends...My final visit was around 9 weeks. The Dr and one nurse said I could be in touch through the end of the first trimester. But when I had a threatened miscarriage at 11 weeks they were unresponsive and unhelpful. They claimed later this is just how fertility clinics operate due to the high cost of malpractice insurance. I have since found out people about who were helped by their clinics after 9 weeks.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends.
I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He was always very responsive and thoughtful
I don’t remember dosages. I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
“They get the job done” someone told me and they were right. Weakness of the clinic is that the east side office is unhelpful and unresponsive. I had a very bad experience when I went there at 11 weeks after waking up to a gush of blood. I had called the on call doctor who never called me back. Because it was a Saturday I went to the east side-the only open location. They had me wait for a while then said nobody could see or speak with me because I was too far along (had been told conflicting info earlier in my treatment). At this point I’d been going to RMA for over a year and this was shocking and very upsetting. I insisted on speaking with someone and the clinician who told me “legally we can’t see you” wouldn’t tell me her name and was very antagonistic. So I went to an ER and found out I had a threatened miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I preferred the soho office. Hours were later, it was smaller, and the atmosphere was more friendly.
We paid less than 10k out of pocket including copays
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.
NY - Westside

My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he [Dr. Stein] suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
[The nurses at RMA of New York] are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!...Monitoring is from 7am-8:30am everyday. If in a rush, get there by 6:50, but they always have two doctors there, so you are usually in and out within 30 minutes if you show up later. There are always nurses there also if you need to meet with them...They only transfer one at a time at RMA. It is safer for both mother and fetus. They educate you on why.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is straightforward, honest, and gives you data based information. I did 3 IUI’s by choice (he told me there was a low percent chance they would work for me, but IVF felt too extreme for me to start with) that were unsuccessful. I then moved to IVF. My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Stein’s team is very personable, gives you same-day phone calls with updates after bloodwork and appointments, and are in constant contact.
3 IUI’s—Clomid then IUI’s which did not work (he has said they have a very low percent chance of working for me but I did them by choice.) 1st retrieval—GonalF and Menopur 2nd retrieval—estrogen patch priming, gonal F, menopur. The estrogen priming seemed to make a big difference for me. Implant: estrogen and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie (coordinator), Eleza and Krista (Nurses))
They were AMAZING! They are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: brilliant doctors and their teams, communication is amazing, space is clean, staff is friendly, open 364 days a year. Weakness: Your doctor might not do your retrieval and IUI’s. If doing IVF they will do your implant and pregnancy ultrasounds. Must go to Eastside office on weekends and it’s crowded—get there early!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our second retrieval we paid out of pocket, almost everything else (including all meds for the whole process) were covered by insurance. We probably spent 15K-ish.
NY - Westside

I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made....Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1 on a sunday and a doctor on call phoned me... I had left a message wondering what next steps were now that I was on day 1 to prep for a transfer, and she was confused about what I would be transferring. "you have no embroys with us" she said. Last I had spoken to them I had 3 that were still progressing. They told me later that they have in their logs that a nurse called and left a message, but a) I never got a message. my phone is glued to me b) should they leave that in a message anyway?
NY - Westside
I saw Dr. Stein for a long time. He has a lot of patients. I needed to explain my backstory to him each time and felt he never knew or remembered who I was even after many IUIs and a couple IVF cycles...has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns. New Patient Advice
RMA is huge. I spoke with countless nurses. They were all competent and compassionate...a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns.
Don't expect to see him for monitoring or egg retrieval. Also if you are someone who does a lot of research and wants to be very informed consider someone else. If you want to not do a lot of research on your own and want follow the recommendations of a confident competent doctor, consider him.
Dr Stein always recommends a freeze all cycle with PGS testing and single embryo transfers. As a low responder, I decided this is not the treatment plan I want to follow and have since switched doctors.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is definitely a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
I had insurance but paid OOP for some services. I believe ICSI cost $2500 and PGS testing $1500.
Dr. Stein will only transfer 1 embryo.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff.... Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
The systems and daily operations are very straight forward and easy to navigate. I am an RMA west side patient. However, procedures bad weekend monitoring is done at the east side location. It's very busy!. Staff is always willing to help. Finance, check in, phone calls, after hours service. All very easy to navigate.... [Nurse] AMAZING! Very patient, compassionate, caring. They took the time to answer my questions, no matter how many times I asked.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff. All very nice. I appreciate that he is available via phone or in person relatively easy.
Come prepared with questions and push for more details. I am someone who needs to know understand every bit of the process. Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
Most of my contact had been with the nurses, who are amazing. Most of them very knowledgeable and patient. Take the time to answer my questions and call the same day. My contact with Dr. Stein has been much less. I expected to be more in direct contact with him throughout the process, however, the option of scheduling phone or in person appt is always open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tova for IVF. Eliza--RN)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hours are 7-8:30 at West Side office. It's a much smaller office than the East side, so it feel more intimate. Technicians are very efficient and quick. It's a well run operation. If you go only for bloodwork, it's pretty quick. If you also have ultrasound it's a bit more time but not too much more.
Approx: $7000 for each IVF cycle, including insurance co-pays, ICSI, PGS, meds.
NY - Westside

He [Dr. Stein] diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe...He is very direct...if that is off-putting, you may want to reconsider. I loved his blunt approach and his honesty. He also has a great sense of humor... He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
My care coordinator Nicole [at RMA of New York] was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous...Monitoring hours are in the morning. However, it runs very smoothly and I was never sitting around waiting for more than 20 to 30 minutes...and those waits were usually on the weekend. On weekdays, I hardly waited at all and could go to monitoring and still be on time for work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is not the most "warm and fuzzy", but he is very compassionate and very direct. It is obvious that he cares about every patient that walks into his office. He is efficient and he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've met. He diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe.
Always addressed by name. Always saw a doctor during my visits. Emails and phone calls addressed rapidly.
1. He diagnosed me with PCOS (first time anyone said this to me fyi) and put me on metformin to improve my egg quality and my response to my drugs. 2. He said that my ovaries were very responsive and used lower doses of stimulation drugs for my IVF so I'd be more comfortable would have fewer side effects. 3. He set me up with a nutritionist so that I could lose weight and learn how to eat better for a person with PCOS (and I lost 60 pounds!). 4. He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
My care coordinator Nicole was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - thorough, efficient, multiple locations, everyone works together, very clear financial information Weaknesses - everything is done at the Madison Avenue location on weekends and it can be very busy with a bit of a wait
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My costs were predominantly covered by our insurance. However, we spent approximately $700 to $800 in lab fee copays and office copays and our medications cost us roughly $2000 to $3000.
Dr. Stein ONLY does single embryo transfers. We discussed the trade-offs and I was comfortable given my age and the higher risks of complications and pre-term labor with multiples.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Stein was always honest about what to expect. This was helpful especially during the times when things did not go as I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that I could email Dr. Stein at any point with any question and he would answer promptly. I was a worrier throughout the process and he definitely eased my mind on multiple occasions. This is not an easy process for anyone but I always felt that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein knew exactly how to achieve the best possible result given my situation.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours [at RMA-West Side]. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I was treated by Dr. Stein in 2014/2015 and then again in 2017/2018. He was recommended to me by my ObGyn who is absolutely fantastic. Throughout the treatment I felt very confident that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein will achieve the best possible outcome. He was always honest with me and, most importantly, was available to answer any questions via email.
Focus on what's important which is being treated by a knowledgeable doctor who has a wealth of experience and knows what he is doing.
We started with IUI. I got pregnant on the second try but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. We tried two more IUIs and then switched to IVF. The first egg retrieval was not successful as only 1 embryo survived and it did not pass the genetic testing. The second try was successful and we ended up with 3 healthy embryos. We did 3 transfers. 1 resulted in our beautiful son. The second resulted in a miscarriage. And the third one resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Due date is in September 2018.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza was great. She guided me through every treatment. He attitude was always so positive and she always seemed like she was happy to see me and genuinely wished me well. The coordinators are good but not great. The main reason is that they are not as organized as some of the other staff. You really have to be on top of them to ensure that you get the right medication and everything is received timely.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are every day from 7am until 8:30am (plus minus 30 minutes as I do not remember exactly). The later you come the more people are waiting. For the most part, the wait was not long. If you arrive early then there might not even be a wait.
Most of the treatments were covered by my insurance. However, the genetic testing was out of pocket.
I am not exactly sure if there is a preference but all of my transfers were single embryo transfers and we never really discussed it to be anything else.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he [Dr. Daniel Stein] was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help...Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well...I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
RMA is a strong clinic and well organized. It is huge, and they do a good job of managing individual cases. They always return phone calls within the hour. It does feel like a bit of a factory given the size. They are also fairly conservative/traditional. They do not believe in immunology issues and are not particularly open/imaginative about understanding RPL. They are very evidence-based, which is not a bad thing, but I do wonder since other places are more open to experimental treatments!
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is smart, experienced and knows his stuff. He explains things well and is a realist - a described pessimist. I think he did a good job with our egg retrieval, as he was very exacting about my timing and when to trigger. We got good results from the retrieval (though a lot of that is because of my eggs). I found the transfer VERY uncomfortable (I am not a great gyno patient) and he was incredibly impatient and unsupportive in the moment. My transfer took, but then I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, exactly the same time I had miscarried with my two natural pregnancies. Despite the fact that he had pushed for IVF to control for embryo quality, and then the embryo quality didn't seem to make a difference (they were PGD tested), he had no explanation for why I might have miscarried. He also was not overly sensitive and wanted to just 'try again.' he said it's a numbers game. He was very dismissive of my suggestions (other women in my family had a bicornuate uterus, but he immediately said I didn't have that). When I went to get a second opinion from another clinic, they suggested a different protocol. I brought that suggestion back to him and he was immediately dismissive, judgmental and unprofessional. He told me that clinic had a 'terrible reputation' (despite the fact that he had trained the doctor) and that their suggestions were off-base. This was a phone call, after not responding to my email for a few weeks. He claimed he had. Overall, he left a very bad taste in my mouth and I felt unsafe/uncared for in his care. I think he is very smart and knows his stuff but is very arrogant and not open-minded. While I think he likely provides good care overall and helps a lot of women have success, I would not recommend him to a close friend.
Be your own advocate, and push him hard if you disagree.
There were so so many patients in and out of RMA - there would often be at least 20 other women in the waiting room while I was there. Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well (I had had a horrible miscarriage with gushing blood for 12 days, came to see him to make sure I wasn't hemorrhaging and he helped break up the clots, and then had no memory a short time later as to why I would be anemic. Also didn't seem to check my chart). I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
I believe it was a standard protocol, with menapur, gonal F, and the trigger. for the transfer, we used PIO and estrace. When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza?)
Eliza is amazing!! There was another nurse too who comforted me when I cried about starting PIO. I wish I remember her name. Overall, the nurses are amazing there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I liked that the hours were early and I could go before work, and the window of time was substantial. However, it is such a huge place that sometimes I would wait an entire hour. And there was no way to predict it! So I'd have to go much earlier than I wanted just in case. It did feel a bit like cattle call.
For me, Dr Stein believed strongly in transferring one embryo, because multiples bring higher risks. I agree with this assessment and appreciated it. (He also has twins himself, so that may bias him).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They did not give my husband clear instructions about when to ejaculate at home to prepare for the sperm deposit. It was very stressful.
NY - Westside

Right from the first visit the Dr. Stein was very empathetic and caring, but also very practical with reference to treatment options... he suggested IVF as our best option. Although initially we were not sure whether we need to opt this as our first course, he patiently discussed and explained the complications of IUI given my history of Ectopic; and how there is an option to use the ICSI & PGS tested embryos to reduce the chances of miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, thereby reducing 2 major risks. Dr Stein was present at most of monitoring sessions during retrieval and transfer cycle. He ensured all our questions were answered at these visits and also was available via. email if needed. He coordinated with my other doctors such as endocrinologist and hematologist whenever necessary.
It took me less than half hour [at RMA of New York] most days for monitoring in the morning and was able to get back to work on time. Initial paperwork, tests for spouse, insurance approvals were also handled without any hassles...The nursing team was very good in communicating the results; answering our questions with regard to any concern or medication; reachable easily; called back ASAP in case of immediate need (like spotting / medication dosage questions / urgent refills). They were also very helpful in navigating me to the right pharmacy to get medication immediately, when my initial pharmacy failed to deliver on time. Excellent co-ordination and timing during morning monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was excellent in understanding my history, breaking multiple issues causing infertility; explaining the risk factors associated with each issue; and how & when it requires treatment. He educated us on some of the misconceptions we had - ex: the chromosomal test results after 2nd miscarriage resulted in no abnormalities in the fetus. Therefore we had ruled out chromosomal abnormality as one of the reasons for miscarriage in our case. However, Dr Stein explained that if the tested fetus was male then only we could be absolutely sure that the sample was of the fetus. As in our case this was female, there was a chance that the sample may have been of the mother and not the fetus. If other things were not an issue, he suggested IVF as our best option. Although initially we were not sure whether we need to opt this as our first course, he patiently discussed and explained the complications of IUI given my history of Ectopic; and how there is an option to use the ICSI & PGS tested embryos to reduce the chances of miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, thereby reducing 2 major risks. Dr Stein was present at most of monitoring sessions during retrieval and transfer cycle. He ensured all our questions were answered at these visits and also was available via. email if needed. He coordinated with my other doctors such as endocrinologist and hematologist whenever necessary. Even after the transfer cycle, there were instances where we assumed it was not going to be successful due to spotting/bleeding. However, Dr Stein was very reassuring at each visit; conducted extra blood and ultrasound monitoring whenever necessary; and adjusted the medications immediately when needed. I would highly recommend Dr Stein for his knowledge, experience and excellent care & service through out the process. He was empathetic as well as realistic, practical and above all highly trust worthy.
No matter how small your concern is, ask questions to him or the team directly rather than searching it over the internet.
Right from the first visit the Dr. Stein was very empathetic and caring, but also very practical with reference to treatment options. The team made sure I was comfortable through out the treatment with regard to each aspect and answered questions without any hesitation.
I think it was an antagonist protocol; Drugs - Gonal F, Generelix, Menopur, Leuprolide, HCG, Estrace, Progestrone in Oil, Medrol; Results - 29 eggs retrieved out of which 8 were good embryos; 1st transfer of the best embryo was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing team was very good in communicating the results; answering our questions with regard to any concern or medication; reachable easily; called back ASAP in case of immediate need (like spotting / medication dosage questions / urgent refills). They were also very helpful in navigating me to the right pharmacy to get medication immediately, when my initial pharmacy failed to deliver on time. Excellent co-ordination and timing during morning monitoring hours. It took me less than half hour most days for monitoring in the morning and was able to get back to work on time. Initial paperwork, tests for spouse, insurance approvals were also handled without any hassles.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - Excellent doctors, good lab providing results on same day, great team of staff who are available all days of week and very friendly, very comfortable monitoring hours accommodates working people, doctor and nurses available via. email or call for answering any questions, immediate attention and treatment when required. I did not come across any particular weakness, however I feel the finance team has a chance to improve with respect to coordinating with the medical team in case of changes during the treatment and sending the receipts after payment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were well run, everyday morning 6-8:30. Perfect for working women like me. There was hardly much wait time, was in and out within half hour most days. Weekend and holiday monitoring is usually at the mid-town clinic.
Most of my treatment cost was covered under insurance, briefly the amount billed on insurance initial doctor visit, lab tests was billed about $1200; Retrieval - around $7500; Embryo preservation (lab) - $1000 per year; FET - $2,480; ICSI - $2500 and PGS - $3550(depends on no.of embryos and was not covered by insurance)
Dr Stein recommended single embryo transfer and also did explain the complication specific to my case in case of multiple embryo transfer.
NY - Westside

My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein..I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive...Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease... After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. The IVF and financial coordinators were always quick to respond to emails... If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case....My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA. We sought a consultation after trying without success for one year. I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive in anyway. It was extremely easy to arrange an appointment with the office and get everything started. The office returned phone calls and addressed all of our insurance questions. We had looked into engaging in care with two other institutions and had negative experiences with the office staff. Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease- especially knowing all the options that could be available to us. After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
Listen to him. He is up to date on the medical literature and does what he knows is medically necessary and no more to put you at minimal risk and maximum chance of success.
He always greeted with smile, willing to answer questions via email. If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case.
We did one IUI, with letrazole and trigger shot. After realizing extent of male factor issue IVF was recommended. 1 retrieval cycles with, PGS and ICSI (10 eggs retrieved, 3 to day 5, none genetically normal after PGS testing). Used gonal F, cetratide, menopur. I was a slow responder. Second cycle he changed protocol to lupron micro flare with much higher doses of gonal F and menopur as I was a slow responder, as he felt I had a diagnosis of poor egg quality. This time we had 14 eggs retrieved, 6 to day 5, 3 were genetically normal after PGS testing). 1st transfer with 1 embryo was successful- currently I am 10 weeks pregnant with a little boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff always had a smile on their face and very accommodating. Made you feel at ease very early in the morning and throughout entire process. Always available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. Dr. Stein was usually the one there, and if not, the other doctors were very kind.
The clinic was willing to bill my primary insurance and then run it through my secondary before billing us.

2009 - 2017, Successful
He's [Dr. Daniel Stein] has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors)... Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw...She [nurse at RMA] was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day...Weekdays was easier and quicker. Weekends we all have to go to east side - so more jammed and longer wait. But it didn't bother me. Staff was nice and efficient.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors).
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He and his staff are happy to explain everything and make you feel like they are recommending the best path forward.
I love Dr Stein and his staff. They were sweet and understanding. I got to know them well over the months. They truely care about you, and answer all your questions.
I froze my eggs in my early 30s and already had reduced reserve. I went back at 36 to get pregnant. The one IUI was unsuccessful and I love that we didn't waste any more time with that My eggs didn't defrost well (there weren't that many) and I had to move to IVF. Always did aggressive drug protocol due to low reserve. My first new IVF only got 3 mature eggs. 2 fertilized and 1 made to Day 5. It was PGS tested and it was normal. Miscarried. Second IVF I got 6 eggs with a different protocol. 5 fertilized. 1 was Day 5. PGS. Not normal. He started to prep me to donor eggs due to low probability of success. Said we'd try one more time and if I didn't get at least 1 egg - need to switch to egg donor 3rd IVF. Converted to IUI due to only 1 egg being stimmed. Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
She was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw. In particular Dr Davis at the soho location
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hard to say because my insurance picked up a lot. I paid $65k out of pocket for all my treatments (1 IUI, 3.5 IVF, and donor egg cycle)
He left it up to me after explaining the risks of twins. He prefers 1 but I did 2 in the last run and it worked. Singleton
NY - Westside
He's [Dr. Stein] very blunt which I prefer...You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office...He answered any and all questions, was available for phone calls if I had concerns. Made sure I understood the procedure and all possible outcomes...Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first...
I've been to 3 [RMA] locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see...The nursing team and IVF coordinator are amazing. They're super sweet and responsive. You deal more with them then your doctor since you see whichever doctor is on rotation during monitoring but your specific doctor will review your results and have the nurses call you.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's very blunt which I prefer. I don't need a doctor who's going to hold my hand but rather give me the good, bad, and ugly straight up. You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office.
If you want someone who's going to coddle you, he's not for you.
Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first. We need 3 rounds of that with no success. We then moved onto IUI, 2 of those and both were negative. Our last resort was IVF. I was on Gonal F, Menupor, HcG, and one other medication I can't remember for roughly 12 days. They increased my dosage of Menopur only once to get a better response and bigger follicles. I was monitored every other day or so to make sure my ovaries didn't become too large. We retrieved 11 eggs out of which 2 were sent for biopsy and came back prefect. For the transfer cycle I was put on estrogen and progesterone. I opted to take the oral and vaginal progesterone as the progesterone in oil is done with a very large needle intramuscular in your backside. I hate needles so I was very grateful for the second option.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've been to 3 locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was first come, first serve. Hours vary by office. Wait was typically 30 mins to an hour for the entire process (bloodwork and ultrasound) but it went fast with the amount of people they see.
I was worried that transferring only 1 embryo wouldn't result in a positive outcome but Dr. Stein assured us that our chances were the same and if we transferred both then we'd possibly end up with triplets or quadruplets. Also, I've read that transferred multiple can interfere with implantation. We did only 1 and kept the other frozen with positive results.
Investment Banker
Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees....Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight ... I am skinny... is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents...He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh.
[RMA - West Side] Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time....[Nurse] Loved working with Krista! She's kind, warm and full of compassion. She knows the work well. She took time when answering our questions and feels happy for our results....Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
First off, our background might be a piece of cake for Dr Stein. We are both just over 30 trying for a year. My hubby has very active spern counts. I am skinny but all good otherwise. Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents. We came 6mo later and one negative preganancy test on clomed and natural intimacy and one IUI which we succeeded and now I am 9 weeks in. Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions. He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh. Anyways overall good experience with Dr. Stein and hope all the best with our first one!
Trust him
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him...Its hard to point out any flaw with the care we received from Dr. Stein and the entire RMA team. - Dr. Stein is actively involved - from sales-pitching the practice to you on your first meeting, most morning monitoring, determining, tweaking, explaining the protocols, in close contact during the retrieval process and personally performing the implantation procedure. He even helped match us up with the right OBGYN upon release, based on where we live and our history...
[RMA - West Side] Strengths: Convenient location (for us), Work with our insurance (Progyny), well organized, mature setup across reception, billing, morning monitoring, IVF coordination and nursing care. Weaknesses - I cant really think of one...Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Please seriously consider Dr. Stein (as long as insurance and location works out for you) - you will be in good hands,
Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him (Happen one too many times - scarily - with the previous doctor we saw)
IVF cycle 1: Resulted in no embryos that passed PGS. Antagonist protocol that yielded 9 eggs and 2 made it to day 5. IVF cycle 2: Resulted in a pregnancy (currently at week 10). Was a modified lupron flare protocol. Yielded 11 eggs, 2 made it to day 5, one passed PGS and implanted successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
- the RMA team is kick ass. The IVF coordinator and nurse are available over email, and over phone and never take more than a couple of hours to return a call. Everything detail is organized and communicated in full detail. - Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA is fully covered at zero cost under our insurance plan - Progyny. We had zero bills to handle, zero co-pays to worry about.

2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Stein] puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide.
All of the nurses I've talked to [at RMA of New York] are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very accessible and usually very warm. We have his email address and he always writes back promptly with detailed answers. I am someone who asks a lot of questions and who wants to know every little detail. I also have a lot of anxiety around this process which means I do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions to many different people on the subject (RE, OB, PCP, nutritionist, acupuncturist, friends/coworkers who have gone through this, 2nd opinions...anyone). He puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide. It doesn't seem to be about money with him - he truly seems to want us to get pregnant with a viable baby, and not just for money or to "up" his numbers. I really believe he cares. So far in our treatment he has been right in all of his opinions of what our fertility issues are. We aren't out of the woods yet, but I've been seeing him for just over a year now and we are definitely very close to a viable pregnancy with our own sperm and eggs. I have more hope now than I had before. Also, he always recognizes me when he sees me in the waiting room. He has so many patients, and yet he knows who we are. (Maybe he only remembers me because I'm crazy, but I don't think so - he seems to remember lots of people). It feels more personal, instead of me just being another number. UPDATE: We seem to be out of the woods now! After my 2nd embryo transfer (both with genetically tested single embryo) I am now almost 16 weeks pregnant! (1st embryo transfer with genetically tested embryo did result in a pregnancy, but he thought it was a chemical pregnancy as it miscarried very shortly after the positive pregnancy test). This current pregnancy - my 5th one - is the first one to make it this far by a mile. It's the first one I ever even heard a heartbeat. I'm still only cautiously optimistic because of all of the miscarriages prior to this, but we have hope!
Don't be shy to ask questions. He's fairly patient with this, but sometimes won't think to have us try a certain thing until we bring it up. For example we did two egg retrievals and only the second one brought us normal embryos (genetically tested). He assumed we were going to do a frozen transfer the next cycle. We thought about it, and then asked if it would make sense to do another egg retrieval and try to bank a few more genetically normal embryos before the transfer. (We had several reasons for this). He said that was a great idea, and he recommended highly that we do it, if we were up for it - but he didn't suggest it himself - we brought the subject up to him.
See my previous statement. I definitely feel like a person there, and not a number.
IUI: 5 days of Letrozole, then monitoring. IUI done when I had 2 or 3 eggs maturing. (Ended up in pregnancy - my third, but miscarriage at 6w1d). Rationale was not to use injectables for an IUI cycle, as those tend to result in multiples which is risky. So we just gave my ovaries a little push and it worked! But the embryo was abnormal (tested fetus after miscarriage and was missing part of the 8th chromosome) so IUI didn't seem to be for us. We needed to move on to IVF with genetic testing. Egg retrieval #1: 150 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 13. 10 eggs/8 mature/5 fertilized/1 made it to day 6/0 tested genetically normal. :( Egg retrieval #2: 225 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 24 eggs/20 mature/17 fertilized/6 made it to day 6/2 tested genetically normal (grades CB and DA). Rationale was to try and get more eggs than the first retrieval - which worked, and gave us at least a few "normal" ones. Decision as to whether we should transfer one of the "normal" embryos, or if we should try to bank a few more "normal" embryos before a transfer. Opted to bank. Egg retrieval #3: 200 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 10 eggs/10 mature/8 fertilized/5 made it to day 6/3 tested genetically normal (grades AB, BB, BC). Rationale was to get better quality eggs, rather than quantity. It worked! This was by far my best cycle in terms of embryology results. At this point we had 5 "normal" embryos frozen (although he said the DA looked really bad - and in all his years of doing this he's only seen a viable pregnancy with a D embryo twice. Transfer #1: 2 mg estrace taken twice a day. A few days later upped it to 2 mg of estrace three times a day. 5 days before transfer started 50 mg progesterone intramuscular shot once a day/16 mg Medrol for 7 days/1000 mg Azithromycen once. Transfer of BB embryo that thawed to an AA embryo. Lining was at 10mm. Resulted in positive pregnancy test (my 4th) but it didn't stick. Doctor said this was a fluke or bad luck that it didn't work - that with a genetically "normal" AA embryo with 10mm lining (and nothing else structurally wrong with me) this should have worked. Transfer #2: Same protocol as above, however upped to 75 mg progesterone when mine tested slightly low. Transfer of AB embryo that thawed the same. Lining was at 9mm. This one worked! (My fifth pregnancy). As of this writing I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean-Ann Mckiernan and Ferstendig)
All of the nurses I've talked to are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written. I really feel like she's in our cheering section and is hoping for us to succeed. Eliza was also awesome. When I got discharged from the RE's office (to my OB), I hadn't said goodbye to her before I left, so she ran out into the hall while I was waiting for the elevator just to say goodbye and good luck. So sweet!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very pleasant and clean and comfortable.
Our insurance was pretty good. They were in network the year where I had the bulk of my treatments (Anthem Blue Cross). They are not in network anymore, so it would have been much more expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing major. Our IVF coordinator isn't the best. I didn't feel that she had answers to some of our questions, or that she was a one stop shop for us. She is a very, very nice person, but we don't have a lot of confidence in her. We recently got assigned a new coordinator and it's too early to tell how good she is. UPDATE: Second coordinator wasn't much better than the first. I'm still not quite sure what an IVF coordinator is supposed to do.

2015, Unsuccessful
The level of care and professionalism at RMA was appalling. It was impossible to get a nurse on the phone, it took ages to get called back, the nurses seemed unhappy and the doctors, too. I didn't know any better, but now I do. Awful...Packed waiting rooms, no one knows you, all profit, no compassion. Total factory...[Monitoring appointments were a] Cattle call. Huge waiting room that took ages...Dr Stein spent no time explaining what we were trying to achieve in terms of egg freezing, my treatment or otherwise. I had no idea what was going on and it was my first treatment cycle -- and I've been through 2 more since. He knew I wanted to preserve my fertility with an egg freeze, but we didn't talk treatment plan, numbers, protocol, nothing. Wh
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I have already explained how appalling Dr. Stein's ability to communicate and explain my treatment, protocol, goals and outcomes was in a prior answer. Here, I'd like to respond about how bad the medical treatment was, too. I told Dr. Stein that my body responds very badly to birth control pills and that was why I've never been on them for any length of time. Nonetheless, he put me on them and I got a cyst right away and we couldn't go forward with my cycle. Then, having immediately gotten a new doctor, it was immediately clear I was triggered much too early. No wonder I got only 4--yes 4--eggs, only 1 of which was mature!!! In my next egg retrieval I got 12 eggs a few months later, 8 of which were mature and in my most recent retrieval - 5 years later at 39 years old I got 10 eggs, 9 of which fertilized and resulted in 6 Day blastocysts. So the numbers speak for themselves. Terrible communication and medical care from Dr. Stein. Save your time, heart and money and go elsewhere as fast possible.
Run for the door.
Dr Stein spent no time explaining what we were trying to achieve in terms of egg freezing, my treatment or otherwise. I had no idea what was going on and it was my first treatment cycle -- and I've been through 2 more since. He knew I wanted to preserve my fertility with an egg freeze, but we didn't talk treatment plan, numbers, protocol, nothing. When I came in for my de-brief after the cycle, I raised this calmly and kindly as something I would have appreciated and he got defensive and literally told me to get out of office!!!! I told him he could not force me to do that, he had a responsibility to answer my questions about how many eggs I needed to preserve my fertility, to give me a reason why we didn't talk about that number ever or provide me with any information about why he selected my protocol. It was appalling. I can't imagine anything worse, really.
I would love to be able to say, but Dr. Stein never explained any of this to me and when I asked he got defensive and asked me to leave his office, as I noted above. I later received my paper records from RMA, but there is no rationale for the protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Number not a human. Packed waiting rooms, no one knows you, all profit, no compassion. Total factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call. Huge waiting room that took ages.
I can't now recall the exact amount, but with medications and the freeze, it was around 25k.

2015, Successful
I went to Dr Stein as a single mother by choice, with no history of fertility issues, and he created a plan for me that did not push for more treatment than necessary. He also explained his approach, and was available by phone and email. When I was pregnant, he had me schedule ultrasound appointments on his monitoring days so he could monitor my progress personally....Dr Stein listened to what I wanted, and provided a plan that worked for me. He explained why he recommended or didn't recommend a particular course of treatment and gave direct feedback on how I was doing.
The Westside location [RMA] is smaller, more personal, and tended not to be too crowded or have long waits for morning monitoring. Procedures were done at the main east side office, which was a bit more hectic and tended to have more waiting....Nurse, Eliza, was also very helpful, responding to emails and calls the same day...The clinical nurses who did blood draws and other tests during monitoring were fantastic. I'm very bad with having blood taken (get nauseous, woozy), and they got me through it quickly and without getting sick, and didn't make me feel rushed if I needed a few extra minutes to recover.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I went to Dr Stein as a single mother by choice, with no history of fertility issues, and he created a plan for me that did not push for more treatment than necessary. He also explained his approach, and was available by phone and email. When I was pregnant, he had me schedule ultrasound appointments on his monitoring days so he could monitor my progress personally. His nurse, Eliza, was also very helpful, responding to emails and calls the same day.
I did an unmedicated IUI with an ovulation trigger shot. My tests were all good and the shot helped produce a longer leuteal phase (I was ovulating late in the cycle naturally), so there was no reason to do medicated cycles. I had no indications of fertility issues, but was 40, so he supported my desire to strike a balance between minimal intervention and not waiting too long. I got pregnant on my second IUI (2nd at RMA, I also had 1 at Columbia). My son was born healthy and beautiful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstendig )
Eliza, the primary nurse I worked with, responded to emails and calls the same day, usually within a few hours. She talked me down when I got anxious, and helped with scheduling follow ups during my pregnancy when I was also dealing with my mother's terminal illness. The clinical nurses who did blood draws and other tests during monitoring were fantastic. I'm very bad with having blood taken (get nauseous, woozy), and they got me through it quickly and without getting sick, and didn't make me feel rushed if I needed a few extra minutes to recover.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westside location is smaller, more personal, and tended not to be too crowded or have long waits for morning monitoring. Procedures were done at the main east side office, which was a bit more hectic and tended to have more waiting.
Dr Stein was in network with my insurance. I had a copay for visits and monitoring.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein seems confident and positive. He is very clear when explaining what each cycle will look like. He has many years of experience, including many awards for his work in the field. Unfortunately, I have only met with him twice during my cycle, including the consultation. Often times, I see his nurse or another doctor that works in the office.
The office [RMA of NY] is always clean. The staff is welcoming and professional. Scheduling is easy. A weakness is that when I call with a question for the nurse, it usually takes quite a couple hours to hear back from them, but I do understand that they are busy....Dr. Stein seems confident and positive. He is very clear when explaining what each cycle will look like.... Unfortunately, I have only met with him twice during my cycle, including the consultation.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Go in with an open mind and manage your expectations.
Dr.Stein took the time to meet with my husband and I during our consultation, during which, we did not feel rushed or pushed out the door. He listened to both of our concerns and feelings.
I was prescribed clomid (100mg) for five days from day 5-9 of my cycle. On day 12, I had an ultrasound to determine the maturity of my follicles. On day 15, I had two follicles fully matured and was given ovidrel as a trigger shot. On day 16, my husband provided his sample and I had IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone in the office is professional and very calm.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is always clean. The staff is welcoming and professional. Scheduling is easy. A weakness is that when I call with a question for the nurse, it usually takes quite a couple hours to hear back from them, but I do understand that they are busy.
I pay a specialists copay from my insurance. They accept GHI for City employees.

2018 - 2019, Consult
Dr. Stein addressed my questions and concerns, but I felt a bit that they were brushed away (perhaps to ease my concerns) in an unhelpful way when I would've preferred a more serious, detailed response. The exam itself was very quick and I felt unnecessary since I already had results from a previous doctor and he seemed too in a rush anyway....I would've appreciated a more thorough consultation. My case isn't a particularly complicated one, but I felt that I was brushed off rather than engaged for what my concerns were.
The clinic [RMA of NY] had good communication with me over e-mail so far. I appreciated that I could ask whatever questions I had and expect a timely answer. The e-mail point person switched several times within the last year, which could be confusing, but the clinic was consistent in following up with me.... I would've appreciated a more thorough consultation. My case isn't a particularly complicated one, but I felt that I was brushed off rather than engaged for what my concerns were.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I would've appreciated a more thorough consultation. My case isn't a particularly complicated one, but I felt that I was brushed off rather than engaged for what my concerns were. I also felt that my concerns were met with a don't-worry-about-it sort of response rather than answered more directly and thoroughly. I'm detailed oriented and felt that the response was a bit disconcerting.
To not be afraid to act direct questions and follow up if the answers aren't as thorough as you'd like them to be.
I went in only for an initial consultation for possible egg freezing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic had good communication with me over e-mail so far. I appreciated that I could ask whatever questions I had and expect a timely answer. The e-mail point person switched several times within the last year, which could be confusing, but the clinic was consistent in following up with me.
I encountered only the initial consultation, which was covered by my insurance.
NY - Downtown

I constantly feel like I’m taking up his [Dr. Stein] time, annoying him with all my questions. He seems reluctant to talk to me, and doesn’t seem to pay any special attention to the specifics of my situation. ... When I had a miscarriage he never contacted me to talk. I had to call the office and begged to speak to him. I don’t understand why he is treating my case like this. ... During an endometrial biopsy, I made a noise because it hurt, and he said to me “don’t do that.” I felt awful.
Everyone [RMA of NY] seems knowledgeable but not great about financial support or navigating bills. Or any questions to be honest. Be prepared to have to make a huge effort to get people to talk to you, or explain things to you medically or financially. ... They [nurses] generally seem to be too busy. And when they call, their tone is way too obvious about whether they have good or bad news.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Many of my friends go to RMA, but see other doctors. They are shocked when I describe how I am being treated. During an endometrial biopsy, I made a noise because it hurt, and he said to me “don’t do that.” I felt awful. When I had a miscarriage he never contacted me to talk. I had to call the office and begged to speak to him. I don’t understand why he is treating my case like this.
Go to someone else at RMA.
I constantly feel like I’m taking up his time, annoying him with all my questions. He seems reluctant to talk to me, and doesn’t seem to pay any special attention to the specifics of my situation.
We did a few IUIs (with clomid)but since none were successful. Then we did an egg retrieval and got 4 embryos. Did transfer after genetic testing but it failed. So he did the endometrial biopsy which was positive, put me on antibiotics, and then I got pregnant on my own but miscarried.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They generally seem to be too busy. And when they call, their tone is way too obvious about whether they have good or bad news. It’s ridiculous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Everyone seems knowledgeable but not great about financial support or navigating bills. Or any questions to be honest. Be prepared to have to make a huge effort to get people to talk to you, or explain things to you medically or financially.
Each part of the process was thousands of dollars.
Glad he only does one embryo transfer at a time. I didn’t want multiple.
NY - Westside

While Dr. Stein is very approachable and willing to answer questions by email, phone or appointment, he does have a very large number of clients (as you would expect from RMA NY). I did not always see him during monitoring and when I did, time was often limited. Also, while he was very good about tempering expectations, I felt there was a lot of emphasis on only my age and not further exploration of other contributing factors.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. ..The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an accomplished endocrinologist with a lot of experience. He was referred to me by a few friends / acquaintances who had positive views of him and his practice. When my first round of IVF did not yield a large number of eggs / embryos, his adjustments for and throughout the second round showed far better results. A third attempt may have been even more promising, but we ultimately chose to move on. In Dr. Stein's practice, there is not a lot of focus on preparation before cycles or treatment. There was very little advice on nutritional adjustments or supplements. For me, personally, I was looking for more guidance on how to possibly improve my situation from an integrative medicine perspective before jumping into another cycle. That said, as far as western medicine, I would recommend him to those that are focused on that kind of treatment.
If you have questions, continue to ask them. He can be responsive by email. If not, his office will set up a phone consult. He is direct and extremely knowledgeable, but I am not sure how much he thinks outside the box.
In my first IVF cycle, we used the microflare protocol that starts with the birth control pill. Given my work schedule, I was on bcp for a week longer than standard. I had fears that this would over-suppress my ovaries. I wholeheartedly believe that my fears were valid. The amount of eggs retrieved did not match my expectations given antral follicle count from several day 3 observations. Trust your instincts!! My second IVF cycle, using estrogen priming, yielded far more eggs. However, we opted for PGD and none of our embryos made it to blast even though they made it to day 5. Given my history of miscarriage, it was the right choice to try to test all the embryos at the time. However, for the next cycle, we will try to transfer some fresh embryos. After speaking to a couple friends that were also patients of Dr. Stein, it seems that we were all started with the microflare protocol. Personally understanding the variations of our circumstances, ages and fertility issues, I am not sure that starting all of us on the same protocol shows much consideration for individual situations. Of course, we don't know if he does this for all patients but it is interesting to note.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators. So, I never felt that I had direct care as there was always confusion as to which of the 2 should or could respond to me. Again, this took away from focused care. My best experience was with one of the nurses that drew my blood. Whenever, she was there, she knew my name and expressed compassion. Unfortunately, there were also nurses that drew my blood that were more interested in discussing their weekend plans with other staff than giving me their full attention. If you go to RMA, make sure they are clear who is your primary nurse and your primary coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. Given the importance of removing stress during fertility treatments, worrying about billing issues is counterproductive to the process. Get to know your billing coordinator and stay on top of them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments are only from 7 AM - 9 AM on weekdays. If your monitoring appointment falls on a weekend, you have to go the Eastside office with similar hours.
Standard costs. Other responses here are accurate. Mine were a bit convoluted given he was considered out-of-network for me.
Given my age, Dr. Stein, expressed that he was against multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I am not sure if this is unique to RMA but the billing process was cumbersome and confusing.