Houston Fertility Institute

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Missouri Kansas
281-242-3434
Middleton
2365 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Williams to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to...gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office... was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception. I saw his associates for my routine tests and ultrasounds on days that he was at other locations. We were not very intimate even though we had a similar background and ethnicity. And I was referred to him but my OBGYN.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Expect to get text book explanation. He can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office. I blew it off thinking it was just my emotions.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
First procedure that Dr. Williams recommended for me was a histoscopy. I took BC pills and his nurse performed a transvaginal ultrasound. After receiving my results I was informed that he recommended IUI or IVF and wanted to put me on BC pills until I was ready to proceed. I objected to that option because I took a few months to start the IUI process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee Alexander)
Renee was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me. I started talking to her about her family to get a smile from her. She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They've got a lot of locations which equals appointments available. The whole staff is polite and professional. I had trouble reaching the financial advisor that I was initially assigned to. I tried to get in touch with her via the office messenge system, but she did not respond. I had to call and speak with someone else. The lab, where the IUI was performed, moved very slowly. I didn't like having to go there to get the histoscopy and later the IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
The IUI cost $2600, only the office expenses. That included the office performing blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle development then perform the IUI. The meds were $1500. That included Gonal F, the "trigger shot", and the progesterone suppositories.
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston - Mem Hermann
Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI...I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
See prior note. Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI. I’m not sure if that is standard with all doctors at HFI. I did feel confident with all of the nurses and doctors.
I believe he goes back and forth to two locations. I only seemed to be able to make appointments at 4 pm on certain days.
Dr. Williams was very friendly, I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us. HFI has really good satistics so we stayed with Dr. Williams and try 3 IUIs that we’re all BFN.
1st IUI femara- and trigger shot body responded really good with 3 follicles. And endometrian. 2nd IUI femara and Trigger shout only one follicle. And endometrian. 3rd IUI injection. Gonal F, Trigger shot and endometrian
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Front desk ladies lacked patience and were sometimes rude. Just be prepared to take your sperm sample and sit in the lobby for 15-30 mins on the day of your IUI. You would think they would push you through right away to see a nurse when you have valuable cargo! Nope! That’s when you feel like a number.
My insurance covered most of my medications and IUIs so the costs were pretty good
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.... Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.
Show up prepared with your information because he needs to know everything in order to set an appropriate course of action. Ask questions - he will take the time to answer them!
He was very prepared to review my case when I went in to meet him (after I had submit medical information online). He asked the right questions, explained his recommendations clearly, and gave me optimistic feedback.
Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality). I don't remember the pre-transfer medications exactly but I think I did estrogen patches, Lupron and progesterone shots. Post-transfer, I took baby aspirin, heparin shots, estrogen patches and progesterone shots for up to 12 weeks. We placed two 5-days blastocysts in and I delivered to 2 healthy baby boys at 37 weeks.
Great communication through the patient portal. Answered all of my MANY questions very willingly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Williams and his staff are top quality. It's clear that they run a professional and organized office. The patient portal makes it crystal clear to the patient regarding test results and instructions. His office staff was quick to respond to any questions that I had as well. Also a very clean facility. (Weakness: the lady that drew the blood was not very friendly.)
$5000 for genetic testing. Approximately $2000 for medication. $2000 Hysteroscopy (removal of polyp) TOTAL COST: Approximately $20,000 (using a frozen embryo; he did not do the egg retrieval)
He had a strong preference to using 2 embryos
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Williams is very well educated and thorough. He made sure to walk us through what our options were and the pros and cons to each treatment plan. He has also done further testing to see what my body was doing.... After I had my hysteroscopy I was put on a lot of estrogen to help my lining however my body rejected it and I ended up with a hemiplegic migraine.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Go in with an open mind and heart and don't be afraid to speak up! Do your own research on all the medications and testings!
Very caring and considerate of our feelings and concerns.
After I had my hysteroscopy I was put on a lot of estrogen to help my lining however my body rejected it and I ended up with a hemiplegic migraine. I have also done clomid with a different doctor and metformin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
The nurses were pretty sweet to me when I came in and found out we had lost our baby. They let me go out the side door so I didn't have to walk through the lobby. Sometimes they seem a little overwhelmed but for the most part we have great nurses!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Fantastic clinic! Very calming ((well as much as you can possibly be going through this))
They have several different plans that you can choose from.
If we did IVF he encouraged us to only transfer one since we are only looking to grow our family by one! There is a chance that one can split so we didn't want to do more than that.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Sugar Land