Nurse available by email
281-242-3434
Middleton
2365 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Daniel Williams to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. ... He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. A few months later I returned ready to move forward with the goal of having a baby on my own. We started with IUI's and ultimately moved on to IVF. He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward. My second transfer was successful and he and his staff were elated for me and celebrated each week until I 'graduated' to my OB. I felt well cared for at every step and look forward to repeating the process with him in the next couple of years.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Communicate and Trust. There are a lot of options when you start the journey, talk to Dr Williams about your concerns and ask any questions. He will explain things to you so you can make the best decision for your family. Trust that he wants the same outcome that you do, and know that he's working to make your dreams come true.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was supported through my entire journey - and it was a roller coaster of elation and disappointment. Dr Williams and his staff responded to my questions with detailed information, compassion and professionalism. I received phone calls when I thought something wasn't right (there was an issue with a study I was supposed to be a part of that didn't happen, but Dr Williams was not at fault), he walked me through my options and different stages of treatment, and helped me to land on the best path forward given my preferences and desired ultimate outcome.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
1. Hysteroscopy: Found that both of my tubes were blocked, but they were able to get them unblocked during the procedure. This was crucial prior to moving onto my IUI treatment. 2. IUI's (2 times): Femara (oral med) + Ovidrel (injectible): Neither one was successful 3. Egg Retrieval: Menopur (150iu); Cetrotide .(.25 mg) Ovidrel (250 mcg) Follistim AQ (150IU ) - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 blastocysts; PGS testing - 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 1 inconclusive 4. FET #1: Desogen; Prednisone 10mg (2 x/day x 4 days starting 1 day before ET); Minivelle Patch 0.1mg (place 3 patch on the skin and change every 3 days); Estrace 2 mg - Tablets; PIO Shots. Once chemical pregnancy was confirmed, I had to take methotrexate to stop cell division. My HCG numbers were crawling upwards, but absolutely not to the point that it could've at all been a viable pregnancy. It took at least two weeks to confirm (which was the worst period of the entire journey), because he didn't want to call it too soon. My number never went above 400 though, so they couldn't see anything on an ultrasound, but with the numbers creeping up, cell division was happening somewhere, and we needed to end it in case it was an eptopic pregnancy. I then had to wait until my HCG numbers came back down to 0 for us to begin discussing how to best move forward. I was very frustrated because I'd transferred PGS tested embryo and it implanted, so I didn't understand why the pregnancy wasn't successful. Dr Williams explained that I was in a very low percentage of people that unfortunately experience a chemical pregnancy for an unknown reason. 4. FET #2: I used the same protocol as FET #1, but added Lovenox 40mg/0.4ml mg/dl - Injection. His reasoning was that it could potentially help, but certainly couldn't hurt. And he knew I wanted to do something more in hopes of a successful outcome with FET #2. This one worked! I stayed on PIO and estrogen through Week 10 of my pregnancy. I went for weekly visits with Dr Williams through Week 12.
I had three nurses during my time there - Patricia, Connie and Joy. They were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I had no idea what to expect going into the process, but it was a great experience overall. I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there - from the hysteroscopy (Dr. Bello), to the egg retrieval (Dr. Kim) to the embryo transfers (both performed by Dr. Williams). I also had a bleeding scare on a Sunday morning and had to call the emergency line, and I got a call back from the Dr on call (Dr. Bello) who had me come in for an ultrasound right away (everything was ok). It was great to know that no matter what the issue could be, there was someone available to handle it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI's (including medications covered by insurance): $1700 IVF (including medications covered by insurance, egg retrieval, FET #1 and monitoring): $13k PGS Testing: $5k FET #2 (including medications covered by insurance and monitoring): $5k
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I preferred a single transfer as I did not want to chance having multiples, so there was never a debate as to how many to transfer. He preferred transferring a single embryo, as did I.
Sugar Land

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.

He [Dr. Daniel Williams] can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to...gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office... was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception. I saw his associates for my routine tests and ultrasounds on days that he was at other locations. We were not very intimate even though we had a similar background and ethnicity. And I was referred to him but my OBGYN.
Expect to get text book explanation. He can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to
Dr. Williams gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office. I blew it off thinking it was just my emotions.
First procedure that Dr. Williams recommended for me was a histoscopy. I took BC pills and his nurse performed a transvaginal ultrasound. After receiving my results I was informed that he recommended IUI or IVF and wanted to put me on BC pills until I was ready to proceed. I objected to that option because I took a few months to start the IUI process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee Alexander)
Renee was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me. I started talking to her about her family to get a smile from her. She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They've got a lot of locations which equals appointments available. The whole staff is polite and professional. I had trouble reaching the financial advisor that I was initially assigned to. I tried to get in touch with her via the office messenge system, but she did not respond. I had to call and speak with someone else. The lab, where the IUI was performed, moved very slowly. I didn't like having to go there to get the histoscopy and later the IUI.
The IUI cost $2600, only the office expenses. That included the office performing blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle development then perform the IUI. The meds were $1500. That included Gonal F, the "trigger shot", and the progesterone suppositories.
Houston - Mem Hermann

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] had good eye contact, ensured I understood what my options were. Even when he suggested a mode of treatment that I did not want, and I asked for alternatives, he was willing to work with the alternatives but still told me my best bet would be his first suggestion. He was friendly and empathic and even when I left his office and remembered some questions I had in the waiting room, he was quite willing to answer them without emphasizing that my appointment with him was over.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
His strengths were good communication skills with good eye contact and an open body language, taking the time to review my history before I came into the clinic, counselling me on what I should have done and the need to get treatment as soon as possible. His weakness seems to be a predilection for IVF treatments. I seem to have unexplained infertility even though I had a myomectomy 2 years after trying to have a baby, that did not account for the infertility. In his opinion, IVF was the best approach now, and he kept on emphasizing that. I really wanted an explanation for why I have never conceived. And I did not get that.
Ensure you get all your clinical history into the e-patient portal!
I had sent in my details via the e-patient portal before the visit with Dr Williams. So, he was knowledgeable about my history and took his time to explain what has been going on to me. He had good eye contact, ensured I understood what my options were. Even when he suggested a mode of treatment that I did not want, and I asked for alternatives, he was willing to work with the alternatives but still told me my best bet would be his first suggestion. He was friendly and empathic and even when I left his office and remembered some questions I had in the waiting room, he was quite willing to answer them without emphasizing that my appointment with him was over. I had asked him for financial options and he was quite willing to recommend some options to me. My initial date for the surgery was not feasible because i had exams, but he worked around his schedule to get the surgery done at a date that was quite convenient for me.
I had a corrective reproductive surgery done. It was done to improve my chances of conception - natural or artificial and also to reduce the periodic pelvic pain I had been having. However, even after the surgery, i was told my chances of natural conception were still low.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
She was compassionate, quite friendly and put me at ease all through the visits and after the surgery.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The Sugarland clinic was not easy to locate in the hospital complex. I had to keep asking for directions and eventually had to call the clinic to get specific directions. There should be a sign outside to direct patients in. Even Google Map took me to the wrong address! The clinic has a nice ambience. The rooms were neat. I loved Dr Daniel's office, the certificates on the wall made me want to get mine!
Consultation - 50 dollars Surgery - 3000 dollars Physician fees - 1000 dollars Anesthesia - 500 dollars. The consultation fee was waived at two of my visits.
Sugar Land

Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI...I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
See prior note. Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI. I’m not sure if that is standard with all doctors at HFI. I did feel confident with all of the nurses and doctors.
I believe he goes back and forth to two locations. I only seemed to be able to make appointments at 4 pm on certain days.
Dr. Williams was very friendly, I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us. HFI has really good satistics so we stayed with Dr. Williams and try 3 IUIs that we’re all BFN.
1st IUI femara- and trigger shot body responded really good with 3 follicles. And endometrian. 2nd IUI femara and Trigger shout only one follicle. And endometrian. 3rd IUI injection. Gonal F, Trigger shot and endometrian
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Front desk ladies lacked patience and were sometimes rude. Just be prepared to take your sperm sample and sit in the lobby for 15-30 mins on the day of your IUI. You would think they would push you through right away to see a nurse when you have valuable cargo! Nope! That’s when you feel like a number.
My insurance covered most of my medications and IUIs so the costs were pretty good
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.... Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.
Show up prepared with your information because he needs to know everything in order to set an appropriate course of action. Ask questions - he will take the time to answer them!
He was very prepared to review my case when I went in to meet him (after I had submit medical information online). He asked the right questions, explained his recommendations clearly, and gave me optimistic feedback.
Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality). I don't remember the pre-transfer medications exactly but I think I did estrogen patches, Lupron and progesterone shots. Post-transfer, I took baby aspirin, heparin shots, estrogen patches and progesterone shots for up to 12 weeks. We placed two 5-days blastocysts in and I delivered to 2 healthy baby boys at 37 weeks.
Great communication through the patient portal. Answered all of my MANY questions very willingly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Williams and his staff are top quality. It's clear that they run a professional and organized office. The patient portal makes it crystal clear to the patient regarding test results and instructions. His office staff was quick to respond to any questions that I had as well. Also a very clean facility. (Weakness: the lady that drew the blood was not very friendly.)
$5000 for genetic testing. Approximately $2000 for medication. $2000 Hysteroscopy (removal of polyp) TOTAL COST: Approximately $20,000 (using a frozen embryo; he did not do the egg retrieval)
He had a strong preference to using 2 embryos

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Williams is very well educated and thorough. He made sure to walk us through what our options were and the pros and cons to each treatment plan. He has also done further testing to see what my body was doing.... After I had my hysteroscopy I was put on a lot of estrogen to help my lining however my body rejected it and I ended up with a hemiplegic migraine.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Go in with an open mind and heart and don't be afraid to speak up! Do your own research on all the medications and testings!
Very caring and considerate of our feelings and concerns.
After I had my hysteroscopy I was put on a lot of estrogen to help my lining however my body rejected it and I ended up with a hemiplegic migraine. I have also done clomid with a different doctor and metformin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
The nurses were pretty sweet to me when I came in and found out we had lost our baby. They let me go out the side door so I didn't have to walk through the lobby. Sometimes they seem a little overwhelmed but for the most part we have great nurses!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Fantastic clinic! Very calming ((well as much as you can possibly be going through this))
They have several different plans that you can choose from.
If we did IVF he encouraged us to only transfer one since we are only looking to grow our family by one! There is a chance that one can split so we didn't want to do more than that.
Sugar Land

Dr. Williams was really caring and reassuring. He has a great bedside manner and made my husband and I feel very comfortable...He was always happy to go over information and options. During the consultation he explained into detail about each procedure. He also explained options for after ivf and what we could do with our embryos. He also has a wonderful bedside manner. I would definitely recommend him.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams was great! He was always happy to go over information and options. During the consultation he explained into detail about each procedure. He also explained options for after ivf and what we could do with our embryos. He also has a wonderful bedside manner. I would definitely recommend him.
Ask questions!!
I was on a pill for 5 days and then began a shot up until the iui. I have myself a trigger the night before the iui and then was on a progesterone suppository for two weeks.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Over all I felt like they were a great clinic for our first try at fertility treatments. I cannot think of any instances where we had issues with anyone at the clinic. They were all very professional and compassionate.