Medical SchoolU. of Pittsburgh
Santa Rosa
2461 Summerfield Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
415-893-0391
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Danielle Lane to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lane Fertility Institute to a friend?
2014 - 2018
Dr. Lane is very straight forward and clear to the issue. I like a dr to tell me up front what i need. During my whole process with egg retrieval, embryo biopsy and embryo transfer she has always been my #1 cheerleader. Even when at 6 weeks I had a miss carriage she was extremely supportive and compassionate.... I recommend her if you are willing to hear the truth and her blunt honesty.... She recommended extra test like a Embryo biopsy and ERA exam.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
She knows what she is doing . I recommend her if you are willing to hear the truth and her blunt honesty.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Dr. Lane is very straight forward she will tell you how it is. However at the same time she is your number one cheerleader. I did not feel like a number at all. I did have insurance issues that did not pay for her services, of course she wanted to get paid for her services that she had already provided. Other than that I was never treated like a number.
Describe the protocols Danielle Lane used in your cycles at Lane Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Because I had two prior ivf transfers that did not work at all in Mexico. She recommended extra test like a Embryo biopsy and ERA exam. She was very educational about the injection and all the meds that I had to take. We are doing extra lab work done to find out why i had a miss carriage of twins.
Nurse is the one that asks for payment with I thought it was odd. But over all very helpful.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Staff always communicate with pt’s. However because she has two offices in different city’s I think that she might need more staff in her Novato office. Office manager was only available once and when I reached out to her I did not get response from her, however other staff members would get back to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute.
In appropriate with egg retrieval, Embryo bx, receptive ERA and transfer of embryos. About 30k
Describe Danielle Lane's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Lane Fertility Institute.
She always gave us the option of how many embryos to transfer. As long as it was something duable .
Novato
She [Dr. Lane] is personally smart, dynamic, and very competent...I was looking for a fertility doctor who was expert at their work, relateable as a human being, and results-oriented. I was not looking for a spiritual or touchy-feely process or provider. Dr. Lane was perfect. It was always a pleasure to see her and her staff.... She was straightforward and to the point, but also always a pleasure to see (friendly, charismatic, very knowledgeable but also relateable). She was willing to explain as much or as little as we wanted to know (my husband loves the details, I am usually fine with an executive summary).
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I was looking for a fertility doctor who was expert at their work, relateable as a human being, and results-oriented. I was not looking for a spiritual or touchy-feely process or provider. Dr. Lane was perfect. It was always a pleasure to see her and her staff. She is personally smart, dynamic, and very competent. She got me and my husband right away and was the perfect doctor for us. We would go back to her again in a heartbeat.
Watch the bills carefully. Our only negative from this process (besides the fact that we were in it) was some confusion over billing. I don't think Dr. Lane was doing anything nefarious, but the back office billing person made a number of mistakes. I think the person was let got, so this could be a non-issue now, but it taught us a good lesson. It's really too bad, because she's a great doctor (and why should a doctor also have to be a business manager?). That said, she took our concerns very seriously and acted on them, and we would absolutely go back to her again.
I loved working with Dr. Lane. She was straightforward and to the point, but also always a pleasure to see (friendly, charismatic, very knowledgeable but also relateable). She was willing to explain as much or as little as we wanted to know (my husband loves the details, I am usually fine with an executive summary). It was a busy practice, but I always got the appointments I needed on a schedule that worked for us. The nurses and front office staff were warm, friendly, and efficient. Our only negative experience was around some back-office billing issues, and I believe the person responsible has been let go.
It has now been a few years so the details are fuzzy, but I think we did 3 cycles of clomid plus timed intercourse, 3 cycles of injections, and then three cycles of IUI. This was the mandated protocol from our insurance-- had that not been a factor, I think Dr. Lane would have been as aggressive as we wanted. I had a successful pregnancy (singleton) from the third round of IUI, though I had been anticipating beginning IVF in the next cycle.
On most visits I worked with one nurse (Brenda?) who couldn't have been nicer or more competent. There was sometimes another nurse (can't remember her name) who was younger, also excellent.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Dr. Lane is busy-- running 2 or 3 clinics. I did not have a problem getting to see her when I needed to, but she was often running right from there to another site. We did at least one round of IUI (maybe more?) at her clinic in Novato, which was larger and more like a surgery center. I appreciated the SF office for convenience, but it was small. As I've said in other places in this survey, our only really negative experience had to do with confusion around billing, related to a non-medical employee, and I think that has been fixed.
We were very lucky and our costs, minus co-pays, were almost all covered by insurance.
2011 - 2012
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
I had a good experience and my expectations were met....Dr. Lane herself is quite personable and energetic; I liked that it was basically a private practice rather than a large impersonal clinic (she had one other MD, Dr. Agard working with her at the time who has since moved to another office, she was also great to work with). After a few failed tries with my own eggs I moved on to donor egg, which she was able to facilitate; the whole thing seemed to happen quite quickly from the time I made the decision to go this route. I ended up with beautiful amazing twins who are now 2 1/2.
2011 - 2012
European, Middle Eastern
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I worked with Dr. Lane about 3-4 years ago; I was 42-43 at the time. I have a medical background and knew the odds against success going in. One of the biggest reasons I initially chose her was convenience; she has an office in Novato which was close to my workplace at the time. Her office was very quiet and calm, with the reception area almost spa-like. Her office staff were cheerful and accommodating. Dr. Lane herself is quite personable and energetic; I liked that it was basically a private practice rather than a large impersonal clinic (she had one other MD, Dr. Agard working with her at the time who has since moved to another office, she was also great to work with). After a few failed tries with my own eggs I moved on to donor egg, which she was able to facilitate; the whole thing seemed to happen quite quickly from the time I made the decision to go this route. I ended up with beautiful amazing twins who are now 2 1/2 (which is why I don't have as much time to respond to emails as I used to)!
Can't think of anything specific to this doctor; I had a good experience and my expectations were met.
She has a small practice (although with multiple locations), the office calm and serene (did not feel crowded or hurried). Office staff were warm and friendly, Dr. Lane was friendly and positive.
Don't remember details, but seemed to be using the standard of care protocols. My OE protocols were not successful, but I was in my early 40s at the time so this is not unexpected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute.
Again, the entire office staff was warm and welcoming, no complaints.
Don't recall specifics, but once I was done with the whole process it was well over $50K (this includes egg donor fee)
Novato
Dr. Lane is honest, educated and compassionate. She did not treat me like a number. Her practice is small and intimate. This was just what I needed. I came to her very scared and vulnerable and she embraced me and empowered me....Dr. Lane was attentive and informative. She took extra time to answer my questions and made sure I understood every step of my treatment...Ask every question that you can think of. She will answer them. She is honest and direct, but not harsh. She knows her stuff. Trust her.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I would rather not share
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute.
Dr. Lane's staff is small but they definitely try their best. They are compassionate and fairly knowledgeable. I could tell if they did not know something they would wait for Dr. Lane to respond which is great. They would never make up information to tell me or try to wing it. Giving great care was extremely important to them.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
The nurses were fairly new and you could tell, but what they lacked in knowledge they made up for with compassion and sincerity. Everyone I encountered there was very nice and attentive. Even through some unforseen billing issues, everyone worked diligently to get all problems solved.
IVF- Retrieval, PGS, Transfer and drugs was about $27k
Dr. Lane will always chose to transfer the highest grade of embryo, especially if PGS/PGD has been done. She does not pressure you to do anything you do not want to do, and gives you scenarios surrounding each decision.
San Francisco
Dr Lane also told me only a crazy person would give me injectable drugs my only option would be IVF. Well I guess my current Dr is crazy because my current Dr did a slow stim cycle combined with Femara and I am pregnant and we only had 2-3 follicles. It was clear form the beginning she wanted me to have IVF...
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Condescending, dishonest, clearly only there for the money, disorganized, just terrible She gave me information that I later found out was completely inaccurate. She I never saw her during the cycle and I felt like I might as well have not been monitored as she did not nothing to help when there were problems with the cycle. She pressured me to freezes my donors sperm even though that would severely lower my chances and also seemed set on ivf within 5 min of meeting me.
Don.t go
It is a small clinic so you receive personal attention
100mg Clomid 5 days + ovidrel +Progesterone At home insemination
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tulay)
She was very sweet but a terrible communicater we were using a known donor and she had a very difficult doing basic coordinating I suspect some of it had to do with the Dr. The whole cycle was a mess and waste of time. She also gave me info that was just not accurate.
I had insurance so $200 per IUI cycle
What specific things went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute?
2012
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and ju[s]t didn't tell me
2012
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I liked Danielle Lane until I later realized she lied to me about the cost and reimbursement of my IVF treatment. I was approved by my insurance to pursue IVF and they would cover it. Danielle Lane still refused to bill my insurance and forced me to pay out of pocket saying I could claim reimbursement after through my insurance. I later found out that the insurance companies have specific contracted amounts with Dr's saying each treatment is a designated cost. Therefore, I only received $4,500 back from insurance when I paid $15,000 out of pocket. Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and jut didn't tell me. Omission of the truth equals lying in my book!
Refuse up front payment.
Very friendly and treated me like a human
What specific things went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute?
18 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr Danielle Lane] was a better choice than the first physician I saw who wanted to just treat me by protocol...Dr Lane is a careful and competent physician. She made me feel comfortable with my care plan...I used gonal f, menopur and cetrotide...Only one physician [at Lane Fertility Institute] but she's great One nurse per location Flexible appointments Fertility care is expensive, but this is everywhere
18 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
She was a better choice than the first physician I saw who wanted to just treat me by protocol
Dr Lane explained to me what my experience would be like and how her team would care specifically for me
I used gonal f, menopur and cetrotide
Excellent
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Only one physician but she's great One nurse per location Flexible appointments Fertility care is expensive, but this is everywhere
About $10,000