6.6

2461 Summerfield Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95405

2021, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Lane treated me like a human and was professional and tried to be kind but does not have the most sensitive or attuned bedside manner. She was blunt and displayed little awareness of how the news she was sharing was landing with me, even though I was visibly crying and clearly upset by the news...will give it to you straight and not create false hope
Scheduling an appointment was easy [at Lane Fertility Institute]. They were speedy in calling me back and getting an appointment for my preferred location and time of day was also easy. The were responsive in sending me the needed paperwork and charging the agreed-upon amount. Everything went smoothly...I had 1 conversation with the care coordinator Vivian and she was personable and kind as we discussed donor egg options and followed up with emails and was responsive to questions.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Dr. Lane presents as knowledgeable and friendly and there's something I appreciate about her plainspoken and direct approach. On the otherhand, she is also rather blunt and does not take a hope-based approach to fertility; instead, she speaks in facts and figures. I believe she tries to be kind but unfortunately, she lacks skills of attunement and sensitivity and a warm bedside manner, which I believe is needed in this profession (especially when sharing fertility-related news). While I appreciated her realistic assessment in terms of guiding me in the probably right direction in the long run (donor eggs), I wish she had delivered the news much more gently and with more sensitivity. I still have mixed feelings about her guidance: On the one hand, her refusal to pursue IVF with me might save me money in the long run (and she thus appears trustworthy), I do wonder why she was so discouraging when 2 other doctors I consulted with (even after some levels got worse) were much more encouraging of trying to use my own eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Be prepared for her bluntness and directness. Be prepared to ask her to slow down by a lot and to repeat herself. She speaks very quickly and has a hard time slowing down. If you are looking for someone to hold hope for you to have your own children, you may want to consider a different doctor. If you are looking for a doctor who will give it to you straight and not create false hope, she might be the one for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Dr. Lane treated me like a human and was professional and tried to be kind but does not have the most sensitive or attuned bedside manner. She was blunt and displayed little awareness of how the news she was sharing was landing with me, even though I was visibly crying and clearly upset by the news. She also moved over the facts very quickly and her swift speech again showed that she has little awareness of emotions and how being dysregulated does not allow us to take in information well.
Describe the protocols Danielle Lane used in your cycles at Lane Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I only consulted with Dr. Lane once. Based on my hormone levels and antral follicle count, she advised me to forget IVF and pursue donor eggs. I did not start treatment with Dr. Lane but decided to seek out a second and third consult and am still weighing my options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Vivian de Lima)
I had 1 conversation with the care coordinator Vivian and she was personable and kind as we discussed donor egg options and followed up with emails and was responsive to questions. (We did not have much contact overall, so I can't write much.)
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Scheduling an appointment was easy. They were speedy in calling me back and getting an appointment for my preferred location and time of day was also easy. The were responsive in sending me the needed paperwork and charging the agreed-upon amount. Everything went smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute.
$300 or $400 for initial consult (I cannot recall which)
Describe Danielle Lane's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Lane Fertility Institute.

2019, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Lane was great when I spoke with her on the phone, but I never met her in person. My issues are with their medical management: refusing to give a refund when no medical services were ever rendered and after they insisted I pay up-front...I researched an experimental fertility treatment and was told up front that I had to pay $5,500 before I could make an appointment.
I researched an experimental fertility treatment and was told up front [by Lane Fertility Institute staff] that I had to pay $5,500 before I could make an appointment. Fair enough...I canceled the appointment well before the cancellation notice cut-off so I would be able to get a full refund. Then Covid hit and I never got a cent, despite emailing with her office several times. Thank goodness I charged the $5,500 to my credit card because they pursued it and I got my money back from them.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Consider going elsewhere. It's hard to trust a physician who would collect a chunk of money upfront and then not return it when services were canceled and never rendered with no explanation. She may be a terrific doctor--I hope she is-- but if she is, why is her practice suffering so she cannot refund $5,500? That is a big sum to me but it should be small for a successful medical practice.
My advice-- if you go here, pay with your credit card for back-up insurance, they seem to have cash flow problems. I cannot speak about the medical care because I did not have any medical treatment. Background: I researched an experimental fertility treatment and was told up front that I had to pay $5,500 before I could make an appointment. Fair enough. After I paid, and after consulting with CCRM where I eventually landed, I canceled the appointment well before the cancellation notice cut-off so I would be able to get a full refund. Then Covid hit and I never got a cent, despite emailing with her office several times. Thank goodness I charged the $5,500 to my credit card because they pursued it and I got my money back from them.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Consider going elsewhere. Like I've written, this office collected money, provided no medical services and then refused to give a refund with no explanation. I ended up going to CCRM and am very happy.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Lane also told me only a crazy person would give me injectable drugs my only option would be IVF. Well I guess my current Dr is crazy because my current Dr did a slow stim cycle combined with Femara and I am pregnant and we only had 2-3 follicles. It was clear form the beginning she wanted me to have IVF...
She [Dr. Lane] gave me information that I later found out was completely inaccurate. She I never saw her during the cycle and I felt like I might as well have not been monitored as she did not nothing to help when there were problems with the cycle... seemed set on IVF within 5 min of meeting me.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Condescending, dishonest, clearly only there for the money, disorganized, just terrible She gave me information that I later found out was completely inaccurate. She I never saw her during the cycle and I felt like I might as well have not been monitored as she did not nothing to help when there were problems with the cycle. She pressured me to freezes my donors sperm even though that would severely lower my chances and also seemed set on ivf within 5 min of meeting me.
Don.t go
It is a small clinic so you receive personal attention
100mg Clomid 5 days + ovidrel +Progesterone At home insemination
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tulay)
She was very sweet but a terrible communicater we were using a known donor and she had a very difficult doing basic coordinating I suspect some of it had to do with the Dr. The whole cycle was a mess and waste of time. She also gave me info that was just not accurate.
I had insurance so $200 per IUI cycle
What specific things went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute.
We were using a known donor dr lane told us that in order To use fresh sperm he would have to be tested and examined within 7 days of the IUI (I later found out that in the state of CA that is not the case) we agreed but from the beginning it was clear she wanted me to spend a ridiculous amount of money to freeze his sleek because it would be "easier" I was not willing to lower my chances by freezing the sperm and I was not going to spend $1200 to do it. The cycle was long I ovulated much later than normal. The point of monitoring is to make adjustments treatment to achieve the best results she did nothing . They did not time the testing correctly so my donor had to come in again to have it done. After going through the bloodwork and exam he was told it was prob too late anyway and he would have to return to freeze sperm the following day. None of this was communicated to me the patient even though I had been in the office earlier that day. No one said a word.. The donor is not supposed to really get any info. It was handled terribly. Why waste his time with another exam when they knew it was too late. Dr lane also told me only a crazy person would give me injectable drugs my only option would be ivf. Well I guess my current Dr is crazy because my current Dr did a slow stim cycle combined with Femara and I am pregnant and we only had 2-3 follicles. It was clear form the beginning she wanted me to have ivf and I was open to that but it was a last resort. When I I called her on all of this she basically blamed me and did not take accountability for any of it. It was terrible.
San Francisco

2012, Successful
Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and ju[s]t didn't tell me
Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and ju[s]t didn't tell me
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I liked Danielle Lane until I later realized she lied to me about the cost and reimbursement of my IVF treatment. I was approved by my insurance to pursue IVF and they would cover it. Danielle Lane still refused to bill my insurance and forced me to pay out of pocket saying I could claim reimbursement after through my insurance. I later found out that the insurance companies have specific contracted amounts with Dr's saying each treatment is a designated cost. Therefore, I only received $4,500 back from insurance when I paid $15,000 out of pocket. Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and jut didn't tell me. Omission of the truth equals lying in my book!
Refuse up front payment.
Very friendly and treated me like a human
What specific things went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute.
Just that I was lied to about how much I would be reimbursed from my insurance company