Good

Santa Rosa
2461 Summerfield Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95405

2019, Consult
Dr. Lane was great when I spoke with her on the phone, but I never met her in person. My issues are with their medical management: refusing to give a refund when no medical services were ever rendered and after they insisted I pay up-front...I researched an experimental fertility treatment and was told up front that I had to pay $5,500 before I could make an appointment.
I researched an experimental fertility treatment and was told up front [by Lane Fertility Institute staff] that I had to pay $5,500 before I could make an appointment. Fair enough...I canceled the appointment well before the cancellation notice cut-off so I would be able to get a full refund. Then Covid hit and I never got a cent, despite emailing with her office several times. Thank goodness I charged the $5,500 to my credit card because they pursued it and I got my money back from them.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Consider going elsewhere. It's hard to trust a physician who would collect a chunk of money upfront and then not return it when services were canceled and never rendered with no explanation. She may be a terrific doctor--I hope she is-- but if she is, why is her practice suffering so she cannot refund $5,500? That is a big sum to me but it should be small for a successful medical practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
My advice-- if you go here, pay with your credit card for back-up insurance, they seem to have cash flow problems. I cannot speak about the medical care because I did not have any medical treatment. Background: I researched an experimental fertility treatment and was told up front that I had to pay $5,500 before I could make an appointment. Fair enough. After I paid, and after consulting with CCRM where I eventually landed, I canceled the appointment well before the cancellation notice cut-off so I would be able to get a full refund. Then Covid hit and I never got a cent, despite emailing with her office several times. Thank goodness I charged the $5,500 to my credit card because they pursued it and I got my money back from them.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Consider going elsewhere. Like I've written, this office collected money, provided no medical services and then refused to give a refund with no explanation. I ended up going to CCRM and am very happy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute.
Novato

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Lane also told me only a crazy person would give me injectable drugs my only option would be IVF. Well I guess my current Dr is crazy because my current Dr did a slow stim cycle combined with Femara and I am pregnant and we only had 2-3 follicles. It was clear form the beginning she wanted me to have IVF...
She [Dr. Lane] gave me information that I later found out was completely inaccurate. She I never saw her during the cycle and I felt like I might as well have not been monitored as she did not nothing to help when there were problems with the cycle... seemed set on IVF within 5 min of meeting me.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Condescending, dishonest, clearly only there for the money, disorganized, just terrible She gave me information that I later found out was completely inaccurate. She I never saw her during the cycle and I felt like I might as well have not been monitored as she did not nothing to help when there were problems with the cycle. She pressured me to freezes my donors sperm even though that would severely lower my chances and also seemed set on ivf within 5 min of meeting me.
Don.t go
It is a small clinic so you receive personal attention
Describe the protocols Danielle Lane used in your cycles at Lane Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
100mg Clomid 5 days + ovidrel +Progesterone At home insemination
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tulay)
She was very sweet but a terrible communicater we were using a known donor and she had a very difficult doing basic coordinating I suspect some of it had to do with the Dr. The whole cycle was a mess and waste of time. She also gave me info that was just not accurate.
I had insurance so $200 per IUI cycle
What specific things went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute.
We were using a known donor dr lane told us that in order To use fresh sperm he would have to be tested and examined within 7 days of the IUI (I later found out that in the state of CA that is not the case) we agreed but from the beginning it was clear she wanted me to spend a ridiculous amount of money to freeze his sleek because it would be "easier" I was not willing to lower my chances by freezing the sperm and I was not going to spend $1200 to do it. The cycle was long I ovulated much later than normal. The point of monitoring is to make adjustments treatment to achieve the best results she did nothing . They did not time the testing correctly so my donor had to come in again to have it done. After going through the bloodwork and exam he was told it was prob too late anyway and he would have to return to freeze sperm the following day. None of this was communicated to me the patient even though I had been in the office earlier that day. No one said a word.. The donor is not supposed to really get any info. It was handled terribly. Why waste his time with another exam when they knew it was too late. Dr lane also told me only a crazy person would give me injectable drugs my only option would be ivf. Well I guess my current Dr is crazy because my current Dr did a slow stim cycle combined with Femara and I am pregnant and we only had 2-3 follicles. It was clear form the beginning she wanted me to have ivf and I was open to that but it was a last resort. When I I called her on all of this she basically blamed me and did not take accountability for any of it. It was terrible.
San Francisco

2012, Successful
Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and ju[s]t didn't tell me
Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and ju[s]t didn't tell me
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I liked Danielle Lane until I later realized she lied to me about the cost and reimbursement of my IVF treatment. I was approved by my insurance to pursue IVF and they would cover it. Danielle Lane still refused to bill my insurance and forced me to pay out of pocket saying I could claim reimbursement after through my insurance. I later found out that the insurance companies have specific contracted amounts with Dr's saying each treatment is a designated cost. Therefore, I only received $4,500 back from insurance when I paid $15,000 out of pocket. Danielle Lane knew the contracted amount and jut didn't tell me. Omission of the truth equals lying in my book!
Refuse up front payment.
Very friendly and treated me like a human
What specific things went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Lane Fertility Institute.
Just that I was lied to about how much I would be reimbursed from my insurance company