Good

Santa Rosa
2461 Summerfield Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95405

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Lane] is personally smart, dynamic, and very competent...I was looking for a fertility doctor who was expert at their work, relateable as a human being, and results-oriented. I was not looking for a spiritual or touchy-feely process or provider. Dr. Lane was perfect. It was always a pleasure to see her and her staff.... She was straightforward and to the point, but also always a pleasure to see (friendly, charismatic, very knowledgeable but also relateable). She was willing to explain as much or as little as we wanted to know (my husband loves the details, I am usually fine with an executive summary).
We did at least one round of IUI (maybe more?) at [Lane Fertility Institute] her clinic in Novato, which was larger and more like a surgery center. I appreciated the SF office for convenience, but it was small...our only really negative experience had to do with confusion around billing, related to a non-medical employee, and I think that has been fixed...Watch the bills carefully. Our only negative from this process (besides the fact that we were in it) was some confusion over billing. I don't think Dr. Lane was doing anything nefarious, but the back office billing person made a number of mistakes.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I was looking for a fertility doctor who was expert at their work, relateable as a human being, and results-oriented. I was not looking for a spiritual or touchy-feely process or provider. Dr. Lane was perfect. It was always a pleasure to see her and her staff. She is personally smart, dynamic, and very competent. She got me and my husband right away and was the perfect doctor for us. We would go back to her again in a heartbeat.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
Watch the bills carefully. Our only negative from this process (besides the fact that we were in it) was some confusion over billing. I don't think Dr. Lane was doing anything nefarious, but the back office billing person made a number of mistakes. I think the person was let got, so this could be a non-issue now, but it taught us a good lesson. It's really too bad, because she's a great doctor (and why should a doctor also have to be a business manager?). That said, she took our concerns very seriously and acted on them, and we would absolutely go back to her again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I loved working with Dr. Lane. She was straightforward and to the point, but also always a pleasure to see (friendly, charismatic, very knowledgeable but also relateable). She was willing to explain as much or as little as we wanted to know (my husband loves the details, I am usually fine with an executive summary). It was a busy practice, but I always got the appointments I needed on a schedule that worked for us. The nurses and front office staff were warm, friendly, and efficient. Our only negative experience was around some back-office billing issues, and I believe the person responsible has been let go.
Describe the protocols Danielle Lane used in your cycles at Lane Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
It has now been a few years so the details are fuzzy, but I think we did 3 cycles of clomid plus timed intercourse, 3 cycles of injections, and then three cycles of IUI. This was the mandated protocol from our insurance-- had that not been a factor, I think Dr. Lane would have been as aggressive as we wanted. I had a successful pregnancy (singleton) from the third round of IUI, though I had been anticipating beginning IVF in the next cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Lane Fertility Institute.
On most visits I worked with one nurse (Brenda?) who couldn't have been nicer or more competent. There was sometimes another nurse (can't remember her name) who was younger, also excellent.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Dr. Lane is busy-- running 2 or 3 clinics. I did not have a problem getting to see her when I needed to, but she was often running right from there to another site. We did at least one round of IUI (maybe more?) at her clinic in Novato, which was larger and more like a surgery center. I appreciated the SF office for convenience, but it was small. As I've said in other places in this survey, our only really negative experience had to do with confusion around billing, related to a non-medical employee, and I think that has been fixed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute.
We were very lucky and our costs, minus co-pays, were almost all covered by insurance.

2011 - 2012, Successful
I had a good experience and my expectations were met....Dr. Lane herself is quite personable and energetic; I liked that it was basically a private practice rather than a large impersonal clinic (she had one other MD, Dr. Agard working with her at the time who has since moved to another office, she was also great to work with). After a few failed tries with my own eggs I moved on to donor egg, which she was able to facilitate; the whole thing seemed to happen quite quickly from the time I made the decision to go this route. I ended up with beautiful amazing twins who are now 2 1/2.
She has a small practice [Lane Fertility Institute] (although with multiple locations), the office calm and serene (did not feel crowded or hurried). Office staff were warm and friendly, Dr. Lane was friendly and positive.... I liked that it was basically a private practice rather than a large impersonal clinic (she had one other MD, Dr. Agard working with her at the time who has since moved to another office, she was also great to work with).
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I worked with Dr. Lane about 3-4 years ago; I was 42-43 at the time. I have a medical background and knew the odds against success going in. One of the biggest reasons I initially chose her was convenience; she has an office in Novato which was close to my workplace at the time. Her office was very quiet and calm, with the reception area almost spa-like. Her office staff were cheerful and accommodating. Dr. Lane herself is quite personable and energetic; I liked that it was basically a private practice rather than a large impersonal clinic (she had one other MD, Dr. Agard working with her at the time who has since moved to another office, she was also great to work with). After a few failed tries with my own eggs I moved on to donor egg, which she was able to facilitate; the whole thing seemed to happen quite quickly from the time I made the decision to go this route. I ended up with beautiful amazing twins who are now 2 1/2 (which is why I don't have as much time to respond to emails as I used to)!
Can't think of anything specific to this doctor; I had a good experience and my expectations were met.
She has a small practice (although with multiple locations), the office calm and serene (did not feel crowded or hurried). Office staff were warm and friendly, Dr. Lane was friendly and positive.
Don't remember details, but seemed to be using the standard of care protocols. My OE protocols were not successful, but I was in my early 40s at the time so this is not unexpected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute.
Again, the entire office staff was warm and welcoming, no complaints.
Don't recall specifics, but once I was done with the whole process it was well over $50K (this includes egg donor fee)
Novato

Dr. Lane is honest, educated and compassionate. She did not treat me like a number. Her practice is small and intimate. This was just what I needed. I came to her very scared and vulnerable and she embraced me and empowered me....Dr. Lane was attentive and informative. She took extra time to answer my questions and made sure I understood every step of my treatment...Ask every question that you can think of. She will answer them. She is honest and direct, but not harsh. She knows her stuff. Trust her.
Dr. Lane's staff [at Lane Fertility Institute] is small but they definitely try their best. They are compassionate and fairly knowledgeable. I could tell if they did not know something they would wait for Dr. Lane to respond which is great. They would never make up information to tell me or try to wing it. Giving great care was extremely important to them....The nurses were fairly new and you could tell, but what they lacked in knowledge they made up for with compassion and sincerity. Everyone I encountered there was very nice and attentive. Even through some unforseen billing issues, everyone worked diligently to get all problems solved.
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
I would rather not share
Describe your experience with your nurse at Lane Fertility Institute.
Dr. Lane's staff is small but they definitely try their best. They are compassionate and fairly knowledgeable. I could tell if they did not know something they would wait for Dr. Lane to respond which is great. They would never make up information to tell me or try to wing it. Giving great care was extremely important to them.
IVF- Retrieval, PGS, Transfer and drugs was about $27k
Describe Danielle Lane's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Lane Fertility Institute.
Dr. Lane will always chose to transfer the highest grade of embryo, especially if PGS/PGD has been done. She does not pressure you to do anything you do not want to do, and gives you scenarios surrounding each decision.
2016, 18 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr Danielle Lane] was a better choice than the first physician I saw who wanted to just treat me by protocol...Dr Lane is a careful and competent physician. She made me feel comfortable with my care plan...I used gonal f, menopur and cetrotide...Only one physician [at Lane Fertility Institute] but she's great One nurse per location Flexible appointments Fertility care is expensive, but this is everywhere
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
She was a better choice than the first physician I saw who wanted to just treat me by protocol
Dr Lane explained to me what my experience would be like and how her team would care specifically for me
I used gonal f, menopur and cetrotide
Excellent
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
Only one physician but she's great One nurse per location Flexible appointments Fertility care is expensive, but this is everywhere
About $10,000
San Francisco
She [Dr. Danielle Lane] is straight to the point. Very honest and up front. Always explained the process and answers all questions that arise. I do far has had a good experience with her. ... Be ready to get the truth and straight forward. You might not like what she says but she is to the point. ... Serious of procedures egg retrieval, embryo biopsy. Progesterone study.
The nurse [Lane Fertility Institute] is the one that collects the payment and she is extremely pushy and wants the money right then and there. I believe she might not be so sure on billing. Not that compassionate ... Issues with insurance and was stuck with a17,000 bill that needed to be paid before more work up would be done. ... Serious of procedures egg retrieval, embryo biopsy. Progesterone study. 30,000 plus
How was your experience with Danielle Lane at Lane Fertility Institute?
She is straight to the point. Very honest and up front. Always explained the process and answers all questions that arise. I do far has had a good experience with her. I really don’t have anytybad to say of her as a doctor.
Describe your experience with Lane Fertility Institute.
The nurse is the one that collects the payment and she is extremely pushy and wants the money right then and there. I believe she might not be so sure on billing. Not that compassionate ...................................................................