Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
Nashua
166 Kinsley Street
Nashua, NH 03060
877-FCNEIVF (326-3483)
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Danielle Vitiello to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of New England to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
When ever we reach out to her nursing staff with questions for the doctor she [Dr. Vitiello] always makes time to personally call us and answer questions or will also leave a voice mail as to not leave us in the dark.... She’s straight forward tells you how it is and explains in even more detail when you ask questions.... We have done 5 letrizole cycles with no monitoring dosage was 5mg x 5 days. This was done because FCNE thought it was the only thing covered through TRIcare Then we explained what they (TRIcare) would cover at a follow up/ create a new plan appointment and switched to the protocol below.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
She makes you feel at home and equal. There is no I’m better than you or prissyness because she is a doctor. She loves when we bring our miracle daughter in with us and jokes that my husband and I are just along to bring our daughter to see her. She’s straight forward tells you how it is and explains in even more detail when you ask questions. She cares about your personal life and shares some of hers as well so that y’all can create a strong trusting relationship with her. She also has an amazing sense of humor! At my past clinic we felt like a number with Dr Vitiello we don’t.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
Make sure you’re open with her and don’t be afraid to ask all your questions, she will happily answer and even go into more detail if that’s what you’re looking for!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
When ever we reach out to her nursing staff with questions for the doctor she always makes time to personally call us and answer questions or will also leave a voice mail as to not leave us in the dark.
Describe the protocols Danielle Vitiello used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
We have done 5 letrizole cycles with no monitoring dosage was 5mg x 5 days. This was done because FCNE thought it was the only thing covered through TRIcare Then we explained what they (TRIcare) would cover at a follow up/ create a new plan appointment and switched to the protocol below. We have done 4 injectable cycles with Gonal f and letrizole with monitoring 3-4 times each cycle 1st cycle 75 iu days 2-7 triggered with ovidril on day 8 2nd the same as above 3rd cycle 75 iu days 2-4 150 iu days 5-7 triggered day 8 with ovidril Cycle 4 new protocol days 2-4 150 iu all follicles under 10mm, days 5-7 225 iu day 8 to many follicles no injection day 9 cycle canceled due to 9 mature follicles ranging in size from 14-18
Attenitive to answer my questions and fixing issues quickly. Lack of communication has happened a couple of times.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Multiple locations with multiple doctors both male and female doctors. Monitoring happens early in the morning to help for those who need to get to work on time. Getting an appointment with a doctor can have a several week delay. Same goes for scheduling surgeries. An outside company (quest) does blood work at their location in Bedford so you won’t hear back with results until afternoon. Busy days mean longer wait time for results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England.
We have a cost share with our insurance. Each injectable cycle with monitoring costs us around $100 and then $100 for medication. We however do not have any IVF coverage.
Reading
Dr. Vitiello is great. She is very blunt and tells your exactly how it is which is exactly what I want in my RE. Even though our first round failed, she was honest about our chances of succeeding in another round. I have DOR so we know that we won’t gets tons of eggs, but she did explain that that my body responded as we expected and that we do have potential for retrieving more eggs in future cycles. We are due to start our next cycle on October 2018.
Ask a lot of questsions. I think that sometimes she assumes you know more than you do, but she will break it all down for you when you ask.
Dr. Vitiello has been amazing through this process. With DOR our expectations are lower than what others might go in with. She has been very honest about expectations and how I am responding to the meds. Our first round resulted in only 1 egg which failed to fertilize correctly. She did not push us to try another cycle, but was very honest about chances of success. When we elected to try another cycle she was elated!
First Cycle: Estrace Priming Protocol: - Menopure - Gonal-F - Cetrotide I don’t remember the exact doses, but they were quite high. I stunned for 14 days. We only retrieved one egg and it fertilized incorrectly. Second Cycle: Micro flare Protocol: - Lurton - Gonal-f - menopure Exact doses TBD as we haven’t started this cycle yet.
FCNE has a patient portal that all communication goes through. Emails explaining changes in meds are clear and concise and come early enough in the day that if you need more meds you have time to order them.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
It can be difficult to get an appointment as they are very busy. When going in for monitoring and testing it is important to be there as soon as they open, otherwise you can spend a long time waiting. Sunday’s are especially busy as they are one of the few FCNE clinics that are actually open. You have to sign in for bloods and ultrasound, otherwise you will sit there all morning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of New England.
Clinic has early morning monitoring appointments which is convenient with my work schedule. I was able to get in and out and to work on time. It is a cattle call, but it is very well organized.
Medicine was unfortunately through CVS Caremark due to my insurance. I have a lifetime max if $10,000 for medication which we used 100% of during our first cycle.
Describe Danielle Vitiello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
Dr. Vitiello is willing to do multiple embryo transfers if we can get more than one fertilized embryo.
Reading
When meeting with Dr. Vitiello, she broke down procedures and explained them with visuals and comparisons. She was very in her explanations; however, sometimes she spoke too quickly and covered a lot of information at once which was overwhelming. When performing procedures, she made me feel comfortable and relaxed. She was caring yet straightforward.
One piece of advice would be to arrive with a list of questions so you know what you want to cover when meeting with Dr. Vitiello. It is typical to only speak to the nurses once in a cycle.
I felt treated like a human under Dr. Vitiello's care. She met with me and spoke honestly about upcoming treatment protocols. When we were undergoing any procedure - small or large - whether with a doctor or nurse, I was treated with respect and care.
I attempted three IVF cycles with Dr. Vitiello using my own eggs and my husbands sperm. We did two antagonist cycles and a microflare cycle, all with negative pregnancy results. The first cycle was very poor with one egg being retrieved and no opportunity for transfer. The subsequent two cycles were a little better. We transferred one embryo each time and neither implanted. We also used ICSI each time. After each cycle, Dr. Vitiello changed the protocol slightly in hopes of achieving success. She then recommended the use of donor eggs at which point I accepted but sought out a second opinion.
All of the nurses were caring and knowledgeable. They responded to my questions via telephone quickly. It would have been helpful to have been assigned one nurse, but I felt comfortable speaking with and working with everyone I came in contact with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The clinic appeared clean and well organized. They use a patient portal, which is very helpful. Directions and communication appear online and if you have a question you can call and speak to a nurse. The monitoring was first come, first served which made things a little stressful. I always felt like I had to arrive when the doors opened or else I could be waiting a very long time for an ultrasound.
I was fortunate to have the majority of my care covered by insurance. We paid several hundred dollars for medication.
Reading
...but my time with the 2 previous doctors left me frustrated, anxious, and feeling that I had wasted so much time and money with more questions than answers. Dr. Vitiello has a great sense of humor and a personality that makes you feel like you have known her forever, which can make a very stressful situation much more encouraging and relaxing. My husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her and hopeful again.
Dr. Vitiello comes across very confident and knowledgeable in her field, which is reassuring. She tends to explain things very quickly, so if you don't know what to expect or what questions to ask, you may not always get that information. She never made us feel rushed and seems to genuinely care about her patients. Her answers can be vague at times, as if she doesn't want to give too much information, probably to not cause unnecessary worry or anxiety, but this can be frustrating and leave you with even more questions down the road.
Dr. Vitiello has a way of making you smile even in the most stressful situations. She made my husband and I feel relaxed and confident, after very stressful and frustrating experiences at other clinics. While she does take the time to explain things and answer questions, she does not seem to go into a lot of detail and just gives the basics, so you may need to ask very specific questions to get the answers you are looking for.
I had spent almost a year at 2 other clinics before switching to Dr. Vitiello. I started my infertility journey feeling calm and hopeful, but my time with the 2 previous doctors left me frustrated, anxious, and feeling that I had wasted so much time and money with more questions than answers. Dr. Vitiello has a great sense of humor and a personality that makes you feel like you have known her forever, which can make a very stressful situation much more encouraging and relaxing. My husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her and hopeful again.
This is one area I feel that I would have liked a little more detail. I was given a chart showing the progression of my IVF cycle, but was never really given a reason why it was specifically chosen for me or the purpose of each medication. Also, directions are given through the online portal at different steps along the way, which made me feel like I never had a clear picture of the entire process until it was over since you don't know the next step until they send it to you. This can make it difficult to fully prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for what you are about to go through.
I had experiences with many different nurses throughout this process and the level of care/compassion/friendliness varied. The nurses during my procedures were always great and so nice. The nurses returning phone calls always did a great job of returning calls by the end of the day or responding in the portal (which is frustrating if you actually want to talk to a person and not just read a response); however, they were also vague at times, even when asked very direct questions. I would have preferred to have direct email access to Dr. Vitiello, rather than having to ask everything through the nurses when things came up.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The clinic has multiple locations for routine tests, which is great, but only a few perform the actual procedures so you may still have to drive pretty far depending on where you live. Don't expect a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere - most of the waiting rooms are tiny and can get pretty crowded during monitoring hours. The desk clerks/receptionists at each office I went to were always very kind and helpful. The ultrasound techs and phlebotomists were also very friendly and kind. One of the biggest weaknesses is that you do not have online access to test results and your health information, which clinics I have been with in the past had. This made it difficult to keep track of all the new information you are constantly receiving and reviewing any tests results, blood work, etc after the fact.
Monitoring appointments are done during a specific timeframe in the morning and are first come, first serve. Most of the time the waiting room is full.
We did not have insurance coverage, so everything was out-of-pocket. With doctor visits, ultrasounds, blood work, IUIs, IVF, and meds around $15,000+.
Bedford
I appreciated the bluntness she [Dr. Danielle Vitiello] gave when she told us IVF will give us the most bang for our buck. We ended up having to go through 2 rounds of IVF before getting pregnant and when our first round of IVF was unsuccessful she called me personally to tell me the results and let me cry it out on the phone with her. She was able to calm me down and reassured me that she will make sure that we get it right the next time. I have never had a doctor who delivers bad news and then will stay on the phone with you while you process the information and be a shoulder to cry on. On our second round of IVF we were successful and became pregnant - I will always remember answering the phone to a screaming YAY from Dr. Vitiello - not a hi, not a this is Dr. Vitiello - a YAY which showed that she was as excited as we were that it
We chose the Fertility Centers of New England by default through what our insurance covered, therefore Dr. Vitiello was not someone who we had thoroughly researched prior to meeting her on our first visit. We were very nervous meeting her since infertility is such a sensitive subject we weren't sure how it was going to go. Immediately after meeting her and having her walk us through their process of how she goes about diagnosing infertility we felt as ease because she presented it in a way that was easy for us as non-doctors to understand. After getting the diagnosis of unexplained infertility she again walked us through all of our options (IUI, IVF, etc) and was very honest in what direction makes the most sense for us to spend our money that will give us the results we want. I appreciated the bluntness she gave when she told us IVF will give us the most bang for our buck. We ended up having to go through 2 rounds of IVF before getting pregnant and when our first round of IVF was unsuccessful she called me personally to tell me the results and let me cry it out on the phone with her. She was able to calm me down and reassured me that she will make sure that we get it right the next time. I have never had a doctor who delivers bad news and then will stay on the phone with you while you process the information and be a shoulder to cry on. On our second round of IVF we were successful and became pregnant - I will always remember answering the phone to a screaming YAY from Dr. Vitiello - not a hi, not a this is Dr. Vitiello - a YAY which showed that she was as excited as we were that it was successful and that she cared about us. I was lucky to have Dr. Vitiello perform both egg retrievals as well both embryo transfers and both times she made both my husband and I feel at ease during all of the these procedures. I highly recommend her to anyone who is struggling to get pregnant because she is not only a great doctor who will find the way to get to your desired results, but she also really cares about her patients.
As the doctor she made the calls to us if something worked or did not work as expected. She didn't rely on her team of nurses to do that. She also made sure whenever we had a procedure we were comfortable and always had the ability to make us smile even if something didn't go our way.
5 IUI, 7 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
5 IUI, 7 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Vitiello is a realist. I appreciate her opinion. She can be candid yet respects your wishes. She is not afraid to look outside the box, and is willing customize your treatment. Treats you fertility cycle as her own challenge. She definitely helps give you the confidence and positivity you need while going through treatments. She has personally called me if she had results, or concerns to share. The best fertility Dr. I have been to yet!
She is wonderful! Knowledgable yet personable. She isn't one to sugar coat things, however she is respectful of your feelings.
Dr. Vitiello sits down and speaks to you on a personal level. She is very honest, rational and positive. You get a genuine feeling she wants to help you have a child as much as you do. She likes to draw things out for you and is empathetic to your needs.
I came to Dr. Vitiello as a last hope. I had seen 2 other clinics in the US and even one in Canada. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. No one could give us a reason that standard treatments were not working. Dr. Vitiello wasn't afraid to look outside the box and try different meds and different treatment. Although our one cycle we did with her yielded a low number of eggs, we did find out that the egg retrieved was chromosomally abnormal. We also found my ovarian reserve was very low. She assured me we would find a way to make me a Mom. Right now we are in the process of a donor egg cycle with a gestational carrier. Not the path I ever expected but after talking with Dr. Vitiello I am completely comfortable and happy with our path to parenthood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Vitiello has her own care team)
You don't have a lot of nurse interaction. The interaction I did have was good. The use their patient portal for a lot of communication. This has its pros and cons. Pros are that you can always get a response through the portal even if you are working or busy. The con is not being able to respond through the portal or ask for questions or clarification.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Very private, friendly office. Their satellite office staff are wonderful.
Monitoring appointments at the satellite are tough because it is a small window of time. Some mornings could be extremely busy.
Rather competitive IVF price. $7,800 (approx).
2011 - 2015
8 IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Vitiello was always up to speed on our history. She knew what we had tried and what had (almost) worked. She knew us, what we did for work, what we did outside of work, our families, etc. She was able to handle difficult conversations, when we were so upset over failures.
2011 - 2015
8 IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Vitiello is extremely smart, and a clear communicator. She explains treatments, options, and success rates clearly and openly. She is realistic, and cares about your journey, what you have put yourself through to start a family.
Do not get upset about hearing the facts. Facts are facts. Sometimes you need to hear them, and adjust your mindset to maybe take a different path than you expected to. The end result is what matters.
Antagonist - 2 cycles (1 chemical pregnancy), Long Lupron - 2 cycles (1 negative test, 1 nothing to transfer), Microflare - 4 cycles (1 pregnancy ended in miscarriage, 2 gathered for PGD, frozen transfer and negative test, 1 positive pregnancy with donor sperm, full term)
The helpfulness of the nurses varied. I saw a lot of different nurses over 5 years. Some specialized in giving instructions for medication and testing, some were mostly in the surgical area for retrievals and procedures. Some were friendlier/more compassionate than others. There also seemed to be a lot of turnover. I actually had to correct them on instructions several times.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
FCNE has a specific system for cycles. If you do it 8 times or more, you get familiar with the protocol, the early morning blood tests and ultrasounds, the medications, and the retrievals. You will not necessarily see your primary doctor for the retrieval or transfer. I had a few with Dr. Ian Hardy, who has since lost his license for molesting patients. That was pretty awful to discover mid-way through the process.
Monitoring appointments is done early in the morning - 6 - 7:30 am. It was first come, first served. Occasionally the computer system was down or the ultrasound machine wasn't working, and there were long waits. But most of the time, they moved things along. The phlebotomists and ultrasound techs were some of the nicest people I had contact with during a cycle.
My insurance plan covered fertility treatments up to $50,000. I had to pay copays for medications, and had a high deductible plan, so up to $3,000 out of pocket per year.
IUI, 2 IVF
She [Dr Vitiello] does not have a warm bedside manner. She is straight forward and sometimes blunt. She said that her staff would be accommodating but most times they were not....Don't expect a warm, fluffy personality. But I did get positive results.
IUI, 2 IVF
She does not have a warm bedside manner. She is straight forward and sometimes blunt. She said that her staff would be accommodating but most times they were not.
Don't expect a warm, fluffy personality. But I did get positive results.
They only do lab work and ultrasound for 30 minutes a day. Often I had to wait with a room full of other women. It felt like a cattle call. Egg retrievals were similar. They book one right after another. I was told I could wait for long after the embryo transfer than the 5 minutes they allot, but when I asked for longer, I was told I could only have 10 minutes because of the next appointment.
Took a long time to return calls. I left a message about medication once and was told they would call back after emailing the doctor. Never heard anything again.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The fast food of infertility offices. They move a lot of patients in and out. Be prepared to drive to Mass for early morning lab work and procedures.
Very inconvenient. It felt like a cattle call. Often sitting and waiting. Very early in the morning and no leniency. Sunday monitoring was an hours drive and the wait was often 30-60 minutes
I was lucky enough to have insurance cover both cycles of IVF. They paid about $11k per cycle with meds and monitoring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I enjoyed working with Dr. Vitiello. She had a bit of a humorous side which helped the whole process get started, taking the edge off. When I went in for the egg retrieval it was a different doctor...I felt like she had great bedside manner....Our doctor said we would have a higher success rate with multiple embryos, so we did that...300 Gonal-f at night 150 Menopur in the am (Started both those on day 2 of my period) .25 mg Cetrotide at about day 6 or 7 I was never really told why we used this protocol.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I enjoyed working with Dr. Vitiello. She had a bit of a humorous side which helped the whole process get started, taking the edge off. When I went in for the egg retrieval it was a different doctor, Dr. Plant. Then for transfer it was Dr. Hill. So I feel like I’ve seen many of the doctors in the FCNE practice. They all seemed nice.
I forgot to come in with questions already written, that would have been helpful.
I felt like she had great bedside manner.
300 Gonal-f at night 150 Menopur in the am (Started both those on day 2 of my period) .25 mg Cetrotide at about day 6 or 7. I was never really told why we used this protocol.
I really enjoyed he nursing staff, they were very friendly and nurturing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I don’t have anything to compare it to, but they seemed pretty on top of communication between ultrasounds/bloodwork/procedures. However, I wasn’t really told much about why I was taking certain meds. But I suppose I didn’t ask either.
It was $8,800 for the whole ivf cycle, monitoring and procedures. An extra $800 for freezing embryos, which we unfortunately didn’t have any, so we are hoping to be reimbursed for that.
Bedford
Dr Vitiello explains everything about the IVF process really well and keeps it real with patients about your chances of success and any risk factors. She also recommended the best course of action based on our personal situation, it’s not a cookie cutter approach. She’s very warm and personable and sensitive to patients needs...
The staff was great at making the process very personalized and warm
Most of the staff were excellent. There was one nurse who didn’t seem to be on the same page as the others and I had to ask to speak with another nurse a couple times.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Everyone at the clinic is great. They're very helpful, friendly and empathetic. The facility is very clean and functional. The operations are pretty efficient and patients aren't usually waiting too long to go in for bloodwork or an ultrasound.
Monitoring appointments were provided during a certain window in the morning. They were very efficient, especially if you arrive during the earlier portion of the time window. I never waited too long to get in for either blood work or an ultrasound.
Reading
Dr. Vitiello is very intelligent, came up with a great plan that worked for us, presented us with options that other doctors weren’t sure were possible, but they totally were! She was confident in what she was doing, yet gave us the facts straight so that we felt optimistic, but knew there were no guarantees. She is blunt and to the point, but gave us all the information that we needed to know. We will definitely be going back to her in the future.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Fertility centers of New England is a great clinic to work with. Everyone was very compassionate and they treated us like they truly cared about us. Our questions were always answered, and doctors and nurses were always available to answer all of our questions thoroughly.
Monitoring is very early in the morning and is a first come, first serve basis. It can get long on a busy day, but the clinic got people in and out as quickly as possible, while still giving everyone thorough attention.
2013 - 2014
Dr. Vitiello did a great job treating me like a human rather than just a patient. She explained things so I could understand them without making me feel dumb and she never rushed our appointments. Her personality is a bit quirky, but I really enjoyed her.
2013 - 2014
Dr. Vitiello did a great job treating me like a human rather than just a patient. She explained things so I could understand them without making me feel dumb and she never rushed our appointments. Her positive nature was also super helpful during the process. Her personality is a bit quirky, but I really enjoyed her.
The team was always available to answer any questions and never made me feel like I was annoying them. They were very kind and positive throughout the experience, I had absolute confidence in them and a very high level of comfort.
The clinic itself was a bit far away so they coordinated with my local hospital to allow me to go to monitoring appointments there. This made a HUGE difference for me, it was an incredible help and time saver.
Reading
I felt that she [Dr Danielle Vitiello] was fair and tried her best to help us...I really liked her. We had success with IVF, it wasn't until after the transfer that my body rejected the embryos. The only thing is that she was at times too busy. However her staff did a great job supporting this schedule. [The nursing staff] were awesome! Kathleen was amazing as well, she did all my ultrasounds and was kind and compassionate!
Be ready for straight talk.
I felt that she was fair and tried her best to help us.
They were awesome! Kathleen was amazing as well, she did all my ultrasounds and was kind and compassionate!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
It gets crowded on weekends because they are the only ones open. Go early for blood work and ultrasound.
2010 - 2011
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I felt she [Dr Danielle Vitiello] should have explained me the importance of taking blood sugar medications, healthy weight, nutrition, vitamins etc in more detail. I went to her at my prime age but felt that she wasted lot of my time without telling me everything clearly and guiding me in a holistic way...Her treatment protocols were good as theyou yielded more eggs - LupRon I think was best protocol but her way of handling the whole treatment was not right
2010 - 2011
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I felt she should have explained me the importance of taking blood sugar medications, healthy weight, nutrition, vitamins etc in more detail. I went to her at my prime age but felt that she wasted lot of my time without telling me everything clearly and guiding me in a holistic way.
Know what you want and don't even people that she will tell you everything you need.be your advocate
She was caring
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I felt they are not compassionate and didnot take my case seriously.
Not sure as insurance paid