Danny Schust

Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Wisconsin
ResidencyU. of North Carolina
FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
Columbia
500 N. Keene Street
Columbia, MO 65201
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Danny Schust to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
I saw him[ Dr. Danny Schust] more for RPL than infertility. We did several blood tests, a hysteroscopy, a total of 3 endometrial biopsies and I was treated for 30 days with antibiotics for chronic endometritis. I then took clomid, Started progesterone around day 18 of my cycle (or 3 days after positive ovulation predictor kit), and continued vaginal progesterone for about 12 weeks. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins on the first try. He also stated that the biopsies were similar to endometrial scratching, which was shown to help the chance of pregnancy. Maybe it did.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Schust got information back to me from lab results/pathology on days that I knew he wasn't even in his office. He spent over an hour with us at our consultation and helped me to understand every test we would be performing due to my recurrent pregnancy losses. He was kind and understanding and he had an answer to every question I had. I've read research papers of his and the man is extremely intelligent. It's pretty amazing to come across that type of intelligence along with a wonderful personality. I can't even imagine working in this field as the common (for good reason) anxiety from patients would be overwhelming to me. I truly hope that Dr. Schust is training doctors and residents in this field so his knowledge is shared and everyone can strive to be as good as he is. I only wish he could be my OB, too, as I was not ready to leave his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Go to him, you won't regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Schust was not only very intelligent and knew all of the most current research based evidence, but he spent so much time with us on our initial visit and I never felt rushed at any appointment. He drew diagrams, he answered all questions, and he even made it a point to help me feel less guilt over my miscarriages. His calm demeanor and bedside manner were top-notch and I felt like he had a true passion for his job.
Describe the protocols Danny Schust used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I saw him more for RPL than infertility. We did several blood tests, a hysteroscopy, a total of 3 endometrial biopsies and I was treated for 30 days with antibiotics for chronic endometritis. I then took clomid, Started progesterone around day 18 of my cycle (or 3 days after positive ovulation predictor kit), and continued vaginal progesterone for about 12 weeks. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins on the first try. He also stated that the biopsies were similar to endometrial scratching, which was shown to help the chance of pregnancy. Maybe it did.
Christy was awesome, very compassionate and a good communicator. Deanna was an amazing US tech.
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
There was a newer front desk person, Vanessa maybe, that didn't seem to have any answers whenever I called to check in. Maybe that has since improved. I preferred to email the nurses directly. They have expanded their providers, which is great, due to the need for this medical experience in the area. They were usually very punctual and the clinic was clean and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Costly for testing for RPL ($2000), but this was not a surprise to us.
Danny Schust