7.3

Dara Havemann works at

5301 W. University Drive
McKinney, TX 75071

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. H [Havermann] always felt very authentic in her communication as we struggled through loss after loss. ... We have unexplained infertility and recurring pregnancy loss. Dr. have been did in fact get us pregnant twice but we miscarried twice under her care. ... Nothing really changed cycle to cycle other than switching from progesterone suppository to injection on the last cycle.
I would say 95% of the time my appointments [Dallas IVF] were taken on time or within five minutes of the start time. ... I am unsure if we were assigned a nurse. I know for sometime we had a young lady named Lauren she was very sweet. athere was another nurse that showed a little less compassion and came off as unrelatable but she clearly knew what she was doing, just not warm bedside manner.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Havemann is extremely thorough she will do every single test and make sure no stone is left uncovered. Unfortunately our situation was frustrating for both her and us. We have unexplained infertility and recurring pregnancy loss. Dr. have been did in fact get us pregnant twice but we miscarried twice under her care. She had referred us to specialist on recurring pregnancy loss and even had reached out to a reproductive specialist at UT Southwestern for additional insight on some of our RPL testing. I do have an autoimmune disease that I can’t help but think may be a contributing factor, but I have been repeatedly told it is a bone issue and that Dallas IVF gets women pregnant all the time with the same issue. We are still not pregnant which is frustrating, I truly felt that IVF was the answer after Initial consultations. We are down to our last embryo now and are considering one last round or a gestational carrier.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Be patient. She is not going to rush the process, she is very theorough and will lively require many tests.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
When I would go into the clinic the women always knew where we were at in our treatment cycle. When I would call on the phone they knew me by name. I even had one of the nurses told me they were heartbroken and had been thinking about us after finding out we miscarried. Dr. H always felt very authentic in her communication as we struggled through loss after loss.
Describe the protocols Dara Havemann used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
We did one egg retrieval that was highly successful. We did ICSI and genetics testing and had 6 day 5 embryos. We did estrogen pills to time the FETs and progesterone suppositories or injections as well. We got pregnant twice and had two negative tests. Nothing really changed cycle to cycle other than switching from progesterone suppository to injection on the last cycle. We also took a six month break between 3rd and 4th cycles for a mental and physics reset.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dallas IVF.
I am unsure if we were assigned a nurse. I know for sometime we had a young lady named Lauren she was very sweet. There was another nurse that showed a little less compassion and came off as unrelatable but she clearly knew what she was doing, just not warm bedside manner. At the end of our treatments there was a new nurse that started and ahe was extremely compassionate and warm. Overall we had a positive experience with the nursing staff. They do respond quickly to calls and emails and are always helpful.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I would say 95% of the time my appointments were taken on time or within five minutes of the start time. I only had to wait once for an extended period of time. No major issues with clinic, everything was operated as expected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
We spent roughly $25,000 on the egg retrieval process. $3700 for each frozen embryo transfer plus progesterone at about $1000 per month for suppositories or ~$150 per month for injections. $35 copay per visit plus lab test fees. Our first four IUIs were about $1500 each.
Describe Dara Havemann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Dr. H was open on this topic to whatever the patient preferred. We would not have opted for this.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Dallas IVF.
We got our second beta test results on our fourth IVF cycle from an on-call doctor. He called to tell us congratulations you’re pregnant. Unfortunately he didn’t know it was our second test and my hCG levels were actually going down indicating a miscarriage. I feel like he should’ve known that we had already taken a test in the second test was not an indicator of pregnancy but was an indicator of miscarriage. We also never got our results on the same day of our blood test even though I had fun in between 7 AM and 9 AM for same-day results we had to call the after hours emergency line to get the results.

2016, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
She [Dr. Havemann] explains things well and is willing to answer questions and listen to concerns. I'm also very impressed with her staff. The respond immediately with any messages I leave, and call as soon as they get lab results in...Don't be scared to speak up and ask questions or present concerns. She exhibits compassion and a genuine desire to care for you as her patient...
They [nurses at Dallas IVF - McKinney] have all been kind and very helpful. What I'm most impressed with is their communication. As soon as tests results come in, they call immediately. If I call with a question, they either answer right them or call back within 30 minutes. They also email to check in with me...[Clinic] Strengths- communication, organization, ability to do early morning appointments Weaknesses- none that I have experienced so far...
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
I'm a new patient and haven't fully gone through my first cycle, but so far she has been great. She explains things well and is willing to answer questions and listen to concerns. I'm also very impressed with her staff. The respond immediately with any messages I leave, and call as soon as they get lab results in.
She was compassionate and understanding of all that I have been through because she also has PCOS.
I have PCOS, so for my first cycle she recommended Femara and IUI. Other than anovulation, I did not have other abnormal markers such as egg quality/count or advanced age. She chose Femara and Metformin to help with ovulation and IUI because my husband has a morphology issue that she felt sperm washing/IUI would assist with implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dallas IVF.
They have all been kind and very helpful. What I'm most impressed with is their communication. As soon as tests results come in, they call immediately. If I call with a question, they either answer right them or call back within 30 minutes. They also email to check in with me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
Copay for doctor visits, medication, sonograms, IUI
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr Havemann cares and does not push ivf on you. She focus on fixing the issue and not pushing her agenda. Most clinic suggested ivf but Dr Havemann doesn’t. She absolutely cares about her patients and takes detailed notes on your history.... She cares about her patients. She never rushes her appointments but she super busy....she always comes to meet you and looks at you when she talks
The nurses [Dallas IVF] are ok. I ask for earlier appointment and they said they call with one later but I never got a call saying it was available or not available. I had to call them To check on status once in a while because they forget about you.... Most my procedure is medical and covered by insurance. But their prices seem higher than other DFW clinics for ivf.... Dr Havemann cares and does not push ivf on you.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Human- she always comes to meet you and looks at you when she talks
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dallas IVF.
I didn’t talk to the nurses because I’m fairly new but the nurses seem to be OK. Not the best at communication sometimes but could be because they are busy
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The nurses are ok. I ask for earlier appointment and they said they call with one later but I never got a call saying it was available or not available. I had to call them To check on status once in a while because they forget about you.