Nurse available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolBrown University
ResidencyOregon Health & Science U
FellowshipWashington U - St. Louis
1101 Madison St.
Seattle, WA 98104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Darcy Broughton to a friend?

9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific NW Fertility to a friend?
Dr. Broughton is always warm and friendly at appointments, but she senses if you are feeling worried or upset and is sympathetic.... Since we just have one embryo, Dr. Broughton recommended an ERA test (mock transfer cycle where a biopsy of the uterine lining is done) before we move forward with the actual FET.... Don't expect to see her at every appointment. I was also surprised that she was not the doctor that performed my egg retrieval.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
I began seeing Dr. Broughton after Dr. Swelstad left the clinic (I liked him too and sad that he left). This was during my treatment after failed IUIs and we were ready to start considering IVF as the next step. My first impression was she was very warm and cheerful and seemed genuine. (I've had other doctors that have a robotic/fake friendly personality and this was not the case with Dr. Broughton). Although, I liked Dr. Swelstad (male), I felt I could be more open with Dr. Broughton. I haven't felt pressured to do any of the various treatment options and she always takes time to answer questions. For example, when my husband and I were trying to decide if we wanted to do ICSI vs. traditional IVF, she was clear about the probable outcome but didn't push one way or the other in our case. I am still in treatment with Dr. Broughton (awaiting FET).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Don't expect to see her at every appointment. I was also surprised that she was not the doctor that performed my egg retrieval. I was not bothered by this, but some might. Personally, I thought it was interesting to see what the other doctors at the clinic were like.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Darcy Broughton used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I have unexplained infertility so I assume I'm on the standard IVF protocol. During my stim cycle (for egg retrieval), things were moving along on the slower side. About halfway through, she decided to increase Follistim to the highest dosage (450) and I continued stimulation for 14 days (longer than average). I did end up getting 20 eggs, but the process ended with only one embryo suitable for transfer. Dr. Broughton recommended another round of IVF to try for more embryos, and although this I what I would like to do, I cannot afford that option. Since we just have one embryo, Dr. Broughton recommended an ERA test (mock transfer cycle where a biopsy of the uterine lining is done) before we move forward with the actual FET. We are about to begin the ERA cycle in the next week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Linda)
Everyone on the nursing team was friendly and in a way more helpful than the doctors since they are the ones teaching you how to administer meds, scheduling, etc.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My OB/GYN recommended this clinic, so I didn't do any research before choosing PNWF. Also, since I didn't have a particular doctor I wanted to see, I got in for a first appointment fairly quick. I've been with the clinic for about 2 years now (sigh) and have been pleased with the service. I feel like everyone is doing all they can to help you. I've heard this clinic is on the expensive side, but it is convenient to my work (which is extremely helpful when you have tons of appointments) and I'm happy I decided to go to PNWF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.
In my situation, I've had to pay about 95% out of pocket. A small portion of some of the various tests were covered by my insurance. An IUI is about $400, not including meds (I think I spent about $500 per cycle on meds). One cycle of IVF is about 19k and genetic testing on the embryos is about 4k. This does not include medications for the IVF cycle, which were about 6k. The FET is about 5k, with about $500 in medications. Considering all these treatments, plus the various tests, I would say I've easily spent 30k, and I haven't even had a transfer yet.
Describe Darcy Broughton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
We only have one embryo so this is not applicable.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.

PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Dr Broughton has been very understanding and very caring about our situation and what we have went through. She is finding answers for us. She is very knowledgeable and very educated. I love that she has a very extensive background with the female body. I trust her completely. She takes the time to let me talk and answers al my questions. ...
Latino, Other
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands! Trust the process and the journey.
When D.r Swelstad left the clinic we were sad we liked him. We got pregnant with our son and lost him at 18weeks. Dr Broughton became our new doctor she is so smart and knowledgeable she was very sweet understanding and determined for us. We appreciate her.
Dr Broughton took the time to go through our whole history with us and each round we went through step by step. We did a round with her and she kept track of my body and how it was reacting. She noticed my lining was thick so she suggested we do a sis procedure and sure enough we found a polyp that was keeping my lining so thick. So we did a hysteroscopy and now we are waiting for Aunt Flo to show up so we can start another round of iui with trigger Letrozole and follistim. She also adjusted the meds and amounts daily. We are very hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth. Amber has been very supportive from the time we first started to when she got to call us and tell us we were pregnant to finding out we lost our son.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I wish they would open a clinic in Yakima or somewhere closer to me! I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. To a new patient I would say you are in good hands. They are amazing.
They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. My insurance covers nothing with infertility so when we do my hsg or my sis procedure or my hysteroscopy all of those things get covered by insurance because they are not infertility and labs. So every little thing helps!