6.3

Darcy Broughton works at

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

Overall, it felt like like this doctor [Dr. Broughton] did not care about me as a person. ... This doctor did not treat calls - such as my call reporting my miscarriage - with a sense of urgency. ... She didn’t feel present with regards to my treatment, she didn’t return my calls in a timely manner, my treatment plan was the same month after month. When I wanted to find out a timeline to resume treatment post miscarriage, I only seemed to get calls back re things that could be sold to me.
Communication is the greatest weakness of this clinic [Pacific NW Fertility]. They clinic also charges a premium price for a decidedly not premium patient experience. The doctor came up with one plan and that was the only plan. No revaluing each month, no connecting with me on the plan. Just this is what we are doing. ... The clinic did not send my medical records to my new clinic as requested. When they send them to me, they included inaccurate information re conversations that we had. I kept getting new bills many months after I had moved on to a new clinic. Not certain why their billing is not more streamlined.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Overall, it felt like like this doctor did not care about me as a person. She didn’t feel present with regards to my treatment, she didn’t return my calls in a timely manner, my treatment plan was the same month after month. When I wanted to find out a timeline to resume treatment post miscarriage, I only seemed to get calls back re things that could be sold to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
You will need to advocate strongly for yourself if you don’t feel confident in your treatment plan; I didn’t feel like she was engaged with mine, personally. Set expectations re communication- her perception of an appropriate response time might not align with yours (it certainly did not with mine)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
This doctor did not treat calls - such as my call reporting my miscarriage - with a sense of urgency. Doctors that I had never called called me about my miscarriage prior to Dr. Broughton - literally the only doctor I called.
Describe the protocols Darcy Broughton used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Letrozole. Triggered basically the same time each month though my cycles are variable (and my current doctor does not).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Nurses were OK.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Communication is the greatest weakness of this clinic. They clinic also charges a premium price for a decidedly not premium patient experience. The doctor came up with one plan and that was the only plan. No revaluing each month, no connecting with me on the plan. Just this is what we are doing.
Describe Darcy Broughton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Seattle

Dr Broughton has been very understanding and very caring about our situation and what we have went through. She is finding answers for us. She is very knowledgeable and very educated. I love that she has a very extensive background with the female body. I trust her completely. She takes the time to let me talk and answers al my questions. ...
I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. ... They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. ... The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands! Trust the process and the journey.
When D.r Swelstad left the clinic we were sad we liked him. We got pregnant with our son and lost him at 18weeks. Dr Broughton became our new doctor she is so smart and knowledgeable she was very sweet understanding and determined for us. We appreciate her.
Dr Broughton took the time to go through our whole history with us and each round we went through step by step. We did a round with her and she kept track of my body and how it was reacting. She noticed my lining was thick so she suggested we do a sis procedure and sure enough we found a polyp that was keeping my lining so thick. So we did a hysteroscopy and now we are waiting for Aunt Flo to show up so we can start another round of iui with trigger Letrozole and follistim. She also adjusted the meds and amounts daily. We are very hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth. Amber has been very supportive from the time we first started to when she got to call us and tell us we were pregnant to finding out we lost our son.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I wish they would open a clinic in Yakima or somewhere closer to me! I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. To a new patient I would say you are in good hands. They are amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.
They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. My insurance covers nothing with infertility so when we do my hsg or my sis procedure or my hysteroscopy all of those things get covered by insurance because they are not infertility and labs. So every little thing helps!
Seattle

[Dr. Darcy Broughton] appears to be the one who works with LGBT folks the most, which was nice for us... is an incredibly kind and warm doctor who made us feel very accepted and safe...kept us well aware of where we stood in the process and helped us to understand our chances of success. She was very concerned about side effects of the medication and checked in me frequently...
I think all of the doctors at PNWF are lovely, but Dr. Broughton appears to be the one who works with LGBT folks the most, which was nice for us...[nurses] were super accessible by email and phone. I also saw one of them at the end of every appointment during the ovarian stimulation...each blood draw during the ovarian stimulation was $115. The IVF total was about $23,000, PGTA testing was another $3,500. Each IUI was $376. We ordered our medication from outside pharmacies.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Boughton kept us well aware of where we stood in the process and helped us to understand our chances of success. She was very concerned about side effects of the medication and checked in me frequently.
Dr. Broughton is an incredibly kind and warm doctor who made us feel very accepted and safe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Catherine)
Amber and Catherine comprise Dr. Broughton's team and they were super accessible by email and phone. I also saw one of them at the end of every appointment during the ovarian stimulation.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF was recommended to us by our GP. This is one of the most organized and efficient clinics I have ever been to. Oftentimes I was in and out of the office <15min. They are always on time, if not early, and the financial person was always around in case you needed to talk about bills/payments.
Our insurance did not cover anything, so each blood draw during the ovarian stimulation was $115. The IVF total was about $23,000, PGTA testing was another $3,500. Each IUI was $376. We ordered our medication from outside pharmacies.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I had to come in a second time for a blood test that was left out of the initial blood draw.
Seattle

Dr. Broughton is always warm and friendly at appointments, but she senses if you are feeling worried or upset and is sympathetic.... Since we just have one embryo, Dr. Broughton recommended an ERA test (mock transfer cycle where a biopsy of the uterine lining is done) before we move forward with the actual FET.... Don't expect to see her at every appointment. I was also surprised that she was not the doctor that performed my egg retrieval.
I've been with the clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] for about 2 years now (sigh) and have been pleased with the service. I feel like everyone is doing all they can to help you. I've heard this clinic is on the expensive side, but it is convenient to my work... Everyone on the nursing team was friendly and in a way more helpful than the doctors since they are the ones teaching you how to administer meds, scheduling, etc.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
I began seeing Dr. Broughton after Dr. Swelstad left the clinic (I liked him too and sad that he left). This was during my treatment after failed IUIs and we were ready to start considering IVF as the next step. My first impression was she was very warm and cheerful and seemed genuine. (I've had other doctors that have a robotic/fake friendly personality and this was not the case with Dr. Broughton). Although, I liked Dr. Swelstad (male), I felt I could be more open with Dr. Broughton. I haven't felt pressured to do any of the various treatment options and she always takes time to answer questions. For example, when my husband and I were trying to decide if we wanted to do ICSI vs. traditional IVF, she was clear about the probable outcome but didn't push one way or the other in our case. I am still in treatment with Dr. Broughton (awaiting FET).
Don't expect to see her at every appointment. I was also surprised that she was not the doctor that performed my egg retrieval. I was not bothered by this, but some might. Personally, I thought it was interesting to see what the other doctors at the clinic were like.
I have unexplained infertility so I assume I'm on the standard IVF protocol. During my stim cycle (for egg retrieval), things were moving along on the slower side. About halfway through, she decided to increase Follistim to the highest dosage (450) and I continued stimulation for 14 days (longer than average). I did end up getting 20 eggs, but the process ended with only one embryo suitable for transfer. Dr. Broughton recommended another round of IVF to try for more embryos, and although this I what I would like to do, I cannot afford that option. Since we just have one embryo, Dr. Broughton recommended an ERA test (mock transfer cycle where a biopsy of the uterine lining is done) before we move forward with the actual FET. We are about to begin the ERA cycle in the next week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Linda)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My OB/GYN recommended this clinic, so I didn't do any research before choosing PNWF. Also, since I didn't have a particular doctor I wanted to see, I got in for a first appointment fairly quick. I've been with the clinic for about 2 years now (sigh) and have been pleased with the service. I feel like everyone is doing all they can to help you. I've heard this clinic is on the expensive side, but it is convenient to my work (which is extremely helpful when you have tons of appointments) and I'm happy I decided to go to PNWF.
In my situation, I've had to pay about 95% out of pocket. A small portion of some of the various tests were covered by my insurance. An IUI is about $400, not including meds (I think I spent about $500 per cycle on meds). One cycle of IVF is about 19k and genetic testing on the embryos is about 4k. This does not include medications for the IVF cycle, which were about 6k. The FET is about 5k, with about $500 in medications. Considering all these treatments, plus the various tests, I would say I've easily spent 30k, and I haven't even had a transfer yet.
We only have one embryo so this is not applicable.