Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolU of Connecticut
ResidencyEmory University Hospital
FellowshipEmory University Hospital
550 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-778-3401
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Austin Schirmer III to a friend?

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Emory University Reproductive Center to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Schirmer was very emphatic from day 1! He didn't push for a certain type of treatment just to generate revenue. He was very honest and methodical which is exactly what my husband and I wanted from our doctor. He always explained this with great detail. He made sure to cross the t's dot the i's. ... He ran all the fertility tests AMH, FSH, HSG, etc. He also did genetic testing to see if there were any genetic problems.
Making appointments are usually not too tough. They [Emory University Repro Center] try to get you scheduled according to your schedule. I was able to talk to billing or nurses as needed. The response time is very quick. The billing can be a bit challenging to understand but you can talk to the department and get further explanations. You can also set up payment plans with accruing any interest.
2019 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Schirmer was very emphatic from day 1! He didn't push for a certain type of treatment just to generate revenue. He was very honest and methodical which is exactly what my husband and I wanted from our doctor. He always explained this with great detail. He was very through and made sure to cross the t's dot the i's.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Ask questions...even the silly ones. He takes his time and it's happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Describe the protocols David Austin Schirmer III used in your cycles at Emory University Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Tadzia)
She answered my questions on the portal very quickly. She checked in on me during my miscarriage to make sure I was doing ok.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Making appointments are usually not too tough. They try to get you scheduled according to your schedule. I was able to talk to billing or nurses as needed. The response time is very quick. The billing can be a bit challenging to understand but you can talk to the department and get further explanations. You can also set up payment plans with accruing any interest.
Describe David Austin Schirmer III's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
I believe he recommends eSET.
Atlanta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
So far I have only had one appointment with Dr Schirmer and he was very thorough. He explained each test and procedure he would like done and explains WHY and WHAT it would tell us. He also described a possible plan of action based on various possible results. He did say he ultimately felt like a more aggressive approach would be recommended in my case but at the end of the day we could do whatever I am comfortable with. I believe many others may consider him to be a fast talker however...
The clinic [Emory] was very organized. I appreciated getting a buzzer that let me know I was being called back instead of my name being yelled across a lobby. The staff at the front desk was kind and greeted me as I approached...Meeting with Tadzia after our consult gave us a chance to further discuss the testing that was needed and ask any other questions we may have had. She was very thorough and kind.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
If you already have documents bring everything you have. Bring up anything that has happened in the past even if you believe it to not be related. Bring something to take notes.
Dr Schirmer spent a great deal of time going over my records and history with me. He even stopped and asked questions or stopped to explain his thoughts about the information being given. He answered questions my husband had without hesitation.
We are not yet at that phase. However he did recommend we do IVF based on a serious infection I previously had an the damage it did to one tube. He believes that with endo and that infection the chances that my remaining tube is functional is slim.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic was very organized. I appreciated getting a buzzer that let me know I was being called back instead of my name being yelled across a lobby. The staff at the front desk was kind and greeted me as I approached.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center.
I am currently self pay and a consult is around $450.