6.3

1919 Midwest Road
Oakbrook, IL 60523
630 916 8630

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
If you know of another kind of treatment that you think might be useful in your situation, bring it up [to Dr. Cohen]. I've done that a few times, and we've added those to our protocol.
Most of the time things go right [at IHR], but I've been frustrated on occasion...I have found myself waiting for a response and feeling unsure about what to do or how to reach someone who will know what my situation is.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction?
If you know of another kind of treatment that you think might be useful in your situation, bring it up. I've done that a few times, and we've added those to our protocol.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction?
Dr Cohen got to know me and my husband over the last years and the staff at IHR is pretty good about remembering me. There have been mix-ups, but I have not felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Human Reproduction.
IHR runs well during monitoring hours. I have only had to wait as long as an hour once. I'm usually done with bloodwork and ultrasound in about 45 minutes or less.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Human Reproduction?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Human Reproduction.
A few missteps along the way. My clinic coordinator communicates via email. When she is out of the office, she does not put on an out-of-office auto-reply, which in the middle of an IVF cycle, does not seem responsible. I have found myself waiting for a response and feeling unsure about what to do or how to reach someone who will know what my situation is. We also had a lot of trouble getting the information we needed about donors when we switched to that process. And the clinic mixed up which donor we wanted to work with. Most of the time things go right, but I've been frustrated on occasion.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr Cohen is the most caring physician I have worked with, including all specialties...His level of detail, and desire to help you makes him the best candidate for any fertility needs. He truly cares about his patients...We went to ICSI IVF due to MFI. We had failed IUI's, which was expected and basically to appease insurance. IVF was a success, 5 embryos total, 1 transferred for my first pregnancy resulting in a live birth, and he performed an FET for my second (one embryo) resulting in a current pregnancy.
[The nurses at Institute for Human Reproduction] Forgot to call in my meds. Was Olgas [nurse] fault...Olga is difficult to work with. The coordinator was new, so I understood there were some difficulties there, but Olga was truly the unpleasant, difficult person in the office...We went to ICSI IVF due to MFI. We had failed IUI's, which was expected and basically to appease insurance. IVF was a success, 5 embryos total, 1 transferred for my first pregnancy resulting in a live birth, and he performed an FET for my second (one embryo) resulting in a current pregnancy.
How was your experience with David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction?
Dr Cohen is the best. His level of detail, and desire to help you makes him the best candidate for any fertility needs. He truly cares about his patients, and isn't in it just for the money like others!
Go to him!
Describe the protocols David Cohen used in your cycles at Institute for Human Reproduction and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Human Reproduction.
Describe your experience with Institute for Human Reproduction.
Strength- dr Cohen Weakness- some support staff
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction.
Insurance covered
Describe David Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Human Reproduction.
Due to my age and no female factors, he only gave us the option to transfer one.
Forgot to call in my meds. Was Olgas fault
2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Cohen is very accessible and a great educator. He takes a lot of time with you each visit and responds to emails same day typically no matter how small the question...Dr. Cohen is extremely caring with his patients, always set reasonable expectations, and is accessible to his patients. I learned more from one consult with him that 7 months with another doctor...Email him and ask lots of questions. Let him know what concerns you are secretly researching online so he can help you with research and answers...
Emails and calls are always returned promptly and communication with nurses [at IHR- Chicago] and the doctor is great...
How was your experience with David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction?
dr. Cohen is very accessible and a great educator. He takes a lot of time with you each visit and responds to emails same day typically no matter how small the question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Emails and calls are always returned promptly and communication with nurses and the doctor is great.

2015, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Cohen] has an amazing bedside manner. The rest of the office is a mess.
No communication with doctors or nurses [at Institute for Human Reproduction]. Everything is done over a 800 number. No one remembers you...
How was your experience with David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction?
He has an amazing bedside manner. The rest of the office is a mess.
Be present. Communicate more.
No communication with doctors or nurses. Everything is done over a 800 number. No one remembers you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Vernita)
I am so lost as to the procedures at the clinic. It is a complete mess.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Human Reproduction?
I have no idea what's going on at the clinic. I'm given instructions to take medications during evaluation cycles. I'm given instructions to take medications I don't have. When I inquired about this a few days later I was told, oops, sorry, now it's too late, you'll need to wait until next month or come back in for another ultrasound. I have no idea what is going on at that office, what the steps are.
2019, Consult
He [Dr. Cohen] was very blunt and explained things well, which I appreciate more. He was funny and made a tough conversation light ... He has a very blunt personality, but he tells you what you need to know and thoroughly explains in an appropriate manner. He explained when and where we needed to get tests done, gave us a complete schedule and options for future treatment.
Strength I was the only one in office [IHR] and taken in immediately. Weakness is office hours. I wish I had more print out in terms of maybe orders or personalized numbers for the nurse to call her and get in touch, but I was given an office number which she states she is at and I needed to call at least the day before my period to get my testing done otherwise I’d have to drive to Chicago which would be inconvenient for me and my periods are irregular and hard to discern when I can get done with only two short office days near me
How was your experience with David Cohen at Institute for Human Reproduction?
he’s straight to the point and tells you what you need to know
He was very blunt and explained things well, which I appreciate more. He was funny and made a tough conversation light
For us, he recommended repeat imaging and lab tests at the beginning of our cycle. Collection of eggs with either freezing of the embryos and then implantation or immediate embryo implantation and have reasons as to why for both.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Yes but I forgot her name )
She was the only one in the office. She was kind.
Describe your experience with Institute for Human Reproduction.
Strength I was the only one in office and taken in immediately. Weakness is office hours. I wish I had more print out in terms of maybe orders or personalized numbers for the nurse to call her and get in touch, but I was given an office number which she states she is at and I needed to call at least the day before my period to get my testing done otherwise I’d have to drive to Chicago which would be inconvenient for me and my periods are irregular and hard to discern when I can get done with only two short office days near me
No costs determined as of yet
No comments but appeared he would only implant one at a time, but I intend to ask about multiple at next ov
Oakbrook