Good

city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

1 patient review filtered by:

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Forstein offered us hope we had not felt in a long time by his willingness to listen. Just the act of sitting down with both of us for several hours on our initial visit made us feel we could trust him. He had answers for all of our questions and made sure we understood before moving on to the next question. He didn't ignore any concerns we had. He made sure to personally connect with me every single visit unless it was a blood draw. If I had a question for a nurse over the phone it was common for Dr. Forstien to call me back personally to address my questions.
The nurses [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] rarely remembered who I was. Often I had to tell them what medication I was on and what dosage was usually perscribed because they had trouble locating it in their files. I could call three or four times a day to get my perscription filled and not get ahold of a nurse, only the secretary who would transfer me over to a voicemail. This was frusterating because with infertility treatments everything is extremely time sensitive and if I didn't get a blood test or perscription filled on the exact day of my cycle it was due then I had to wait an entire cycle before beginning again.
How was your experience with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
He was the first doctor to sit down with both of us and listen to every single concern we had. He offered helpful advice that made the "act" (sex) of trying to concieve less difficult for my husband and me. Also, he worked with our religious preferences and didn't belittle them. He explained all the tests to us in detail so we knew what was going on and made sure we were comfortable with all the procedures before beginning them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
The nurses rarely remembered who I was. Often I had to tell them what medication I was on and what dosage was usually perscribed because they had trouble locating it in their files. I could call three or four times a day to get my perscription filled and not get ahold of a nurse, only the secretary who would transfer me over to a voicemail. This was frusterating because with infertility treatments everything is extremely time sensitive and if I didn't get a blood test or perscription filled on the exact day of my cycle it was due then I had to wait an entire cycle before beginning again.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
I was there during the time they were switching computer systems so perhaps that is the reason for the errors in billing. Whatever the reason, it was often that I could be billed two or three times for a treatment I had already paid for. Sometimes I would get phone calls and letters from bill collectors on bills I had already paid. I would have to show the hospital my receipts, bank statements, etc. to prove payment because their computers didn't acknowledge that I had paid at all even though I was always up to date and paid everything due each visit. It got so bad and so confusing I had to visit two different billing offices (in different areas of town) and talk with the people there for hours. Through my careful documentation they were able to see how the computer system somehow misfiled my payments and fortunately after months of harrassment the issues were resolved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Here are some of the bills I was able to pull up from the year 2015:very 5/20 office visit $140 5/20 blood work $13 5/20 general health panel $113 5/20 prolactin $94 5/20 tstosterone fr $99 5/20 hgb glycosylated $50 6/9 blood draw $13 6/9 Projesterone test $94 6/26 office visit $398.09 6/26 Smr prim src wet mount $20 6/26 dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate $103 6/26 prolactin $94 6/26 blood draw $13 7/07 office visit $140 7/13 labratory specimen $254.20 7/06 ? $75.82 7/07 office visit $140 7/31 Blood draw $13 7/31 Assay of projesterone $94 7/31 Blood work $13 11/19 hgc blood test $32 11/19 blood draw $11
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Before being perscribed my medication I always had to take a pregnancy test and then I was told to call in the results and I was to take the meds immediately if I wasn't already pregnant. One time I had to call 4x in one day before I got ahold of the nurse -just before the clinic closed. She told me since my test was negative she would call in my perscriptions. I went to the pharmacy and found out only one of the two necessary medications had been called in. Another time, I had called in to the nurse to tell her my cycle had begun and she told me she would call in my perscription. She told me to pick up my perscription and take all my medications on one day. I told her that this surprised me because I hadn't been instructed to take the pills in that manner before. She told me that "oh, well, I don't have your flow chart in front of me right now. How do you normally take the medication?" After I told her how I usually take it she told me that I should do it the way I've always done it then. Hearing a nurse recommend a medication but not even knowing how I usually take it was VERY disconcerting. That time also I went to the pharmacy and found out that the perscription she had supposedly called in had never actually been phoned in. I called a nurse, she said she was surprised it hadn't been called in yet. She asked me what my usual dosage was and after I told her, she told me she would call it in. I waited an hour at the pharmacy until it was called in and filled.
David Forstein