Medical SchoolTemple
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Hoffman to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 6Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 19.1
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 28Neutral: 11Don't recommend: 97.9
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Hoffman was my doctor and he is amazing. He will not sugar coat anything and will tell you how it is. He is very upfront with you and does not want there to be any surprises, and he will not get your hopes up unnecessarily. I really appreciated his honesty...Do not let his "to the point" take on things fool you. He cares a lot and only wants you to succeed. Once you get to know him a bit better he ends up feeling like family...We used the agonist protoco
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
The staff always remembered my husband and I, always asking us how we were doing. The office and staff are very personable.
Describe the protocols David Hoffman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
My ovarian reserve looked good and our main issue was male factor. We used the agonist protocol using Ganirelix to supress ovulation. Dr. Hoffman also had me trigger using Lupron to reduce the changes that I would have OHSS. The protocol worked beautifully. I have 9 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 6 fertilized and all 6 made it to freeze. We did an all freeze cycle because I had to have surgery to remove a uterine fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany & Jackie)
At IVF Florida you are assigned to a nurse team. My team consisted of 3 nurses - Brittany, Jackie and a third whose name I can't remember at the moment. All of them were very nice. There is a patient portal that you can send questions to your nurse team and they always respond promptly.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida - Margate is full of amazing staff. Everyone from the ladies at the front desk, to the woman who drew my blood, the US techs, the doctors and nurses are all wonderful. They take their time to make your visit a smooth process. I had one of the front desk ladies come down to the second floor the day of my egg retrieval because she saw me on the schedule and she just wanted to come and give me a hug and wish me good luck. You don't find medical staff as friendly as you do at IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Hoffman at IVF Florida.
SIS costs $975.00, HSG cost $595. I don't remember specifically the other costs. IVF is not cheap though (no matter where you go)
Describe David Hoffman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Hoffman was very adamant that we should only transfer 1 embryo. Due to my age and the fact that I had never been pregnant or miscarried he said my chances didn't change with multiple embryos, only my chances of having multiples. IVF Florida is very careful - their main goal is to get your pregnant with 1 baby.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
He [Dr. Hoffman] takes his time to give all of the information and to also help you and your spouse understand it. He is very hands and upfront about the rotation of Drs that may do retrieval and or transfers, but in my experience he has been there for us when we have asked him to be... He has a way of getting to the information in a logical and medical way that will help you understand what can happen. Asking questions afterwards gives you and Dr Hoffman the time to ensure you understand everything being said.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr Hoffman is caring and compassionate. He takes his time to give all of the information and to also help you and your spouse understand it. He is very hands and upfront about the rotation of Drs that may do retrieval and or transfers, but in my experience he has been there for us when we have asked him to be.
Listen to him then ask questions. He has a way of getting to the information in a logical and medical way that will help you understand what can happen. Asking questions afterwards gives you and Dr Hoffman the time to ensure you understand everything being said.
Everyone at IVF Florida, Wellington office has been kind, caring, involved, and helpful through out each and every step. At the Margate office we have had some issues. The lab where all procedures take place was wonderful, but the front desk at the 3rd floor for check in and check out are not as friendly.
75 units of Menupor and 75 units of Gonal-F twice a day for 10 days. At day 6 we added .25mg of Cetrotide for the last 5 days. We then did a Lupron trigger of 40 units. (We did this protocol for both retrievals) For our only FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) we used Lupron, 10 units, for 17 days every morning. On day 17 we went in for scans and blood work where we were told to start PIO (progesterone in ( sesame) oil). We did PIO for 5 nights then transferred a 5 day embryo that was PGS tested normal. The embryo took and then at 5 weeks 4 days we had a misscarriage. After this loss we did an ERA (Endometrial Receptive Assessment) test, once the HCG levels went down to less than 1. After the ERA we are currently doing our second FET with the same protocol, but have no results yet. We choose to move forward after speaking to our Dr and team to assess what our options are.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Erica and Ilean are the best nurses. Trish and Lovely are the best blood draw. Sharon is the best ultrasound tech. Dee, while not a nurse is the best receptionist!!!)
Erica and Ilean both called us to celebrate our success and called to express sadness when we had our loss. Everyone we see them they always greet us warmly and have all the information ready for us. Both are very organized and professional, but also involved and human!
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The Wellington office is amazing!!! The Jupiter office is also a good one. Other than the issues we have had at the Margate receptionist/checkout area we have had a good experience. When we found out about the misscarriage it was at the Margate office and as we were leaving the check out lady yelled at us to pat before we left. After telling her about our loss and wanting to be alone, we would pay them later she insisted we would leave and skip payment so we had to pay. She was spoken to by our Dr and the office manager who apologized to us for the incident. Every Dr, nurse, tech, and other person at the 3 offices I mentioned have been good at their jobs as well as good people.
We choose to use an Attain program. By bundling our cycles we saved money and have a plan that allows us unlimited frozen embryo transfers. We picked a plan that gave us 2 retrievals with PGS testing, 2 fresh, and unlimited FETs. We chose not to use the 2 fresh so we could do PGS testing in every embryo we made.
Dr Hoffman feels that 1 embryo transfer at a time is healthier for potential mom and fetus.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Wellington
Dr. Hoffman is old school, he'll tell you like it is and make sure you understand what your options are. I think that he knows that main goal is to get pregnant, and he does not want to waste your time with treatment options that don't have a high chance of being successful. He told us exactly what to expect, exactly what his expectations were, and called himself with any important updates. He was real and genuine, I appreciate the care he gave us and his honesty with what needed to happen to get pregnant.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Trust his suggestions. When he told us we would need to do IVF we thought he might be jumping the gun, going with the most expensive and invasive procedure right off the bat. I know now that the other options had such a smaller likelihood of resulting in a pregnancy, and although we tried Clomid and a trigger injection (without success), we ultimately trusted him and it worked!
Dr. Hoffman always referred to me by name, actually, he used my nickname. He remembered by hobbies, he asked how I was doing with the adjustment of changing my exercise routine during hormone injections, and was candid about what I needed to do to have a successful pregnancy. When he first told us we would have to do IVF to get pregnant, I was upset, but the way he said it was truly hopeful, he told me we could get pregnant, we just had to trust him. We did and we're pregnant. It's a huge step to make, but I'm glad he encouraged us to do IVF when Clomid didn't work. I have heard women that have tried multiple IUI cycles and wasted precious time and money. I felt like he wanted us to be happy and made the suggestion that would make that happen.
Our first cycle was using Clomid to see if my hormone levels would increase to the point of ovulating (I was not ovulating, that was why I would not get pregnant). I took the Clomid and a trigger shot, however, my hormones plateued and I was not able to reach the level needed to ovulate and undergo IUI. The next cycle was IVF. We injected one hormone for about a week morning and the same hormone and another at night, for the second week we did the same injections and added another injection in the evening (Menopur and Gonal-F, then another one I can't remember). I went into the office once or twice a week for bloodwork to check that my hormones were responding to the medications. My cycle went exactly as planned, my husband gave me my trigger shot and then we went in for the retrieval. Dr. Hoffman thought I may have a frozen embryo transfer due to concerns that I may over-stimulate, however, after the retrieval I was slated for a day 5 fresh transfer and went back in to have my embryo implanted. It all happened so fast, we were so lucky.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Jackie, Beverly, and Brittany)
The nursing staff was amazing, they were so patient and always available. They responded to all my e-mails that day, and were available to respond to my messages regarding any concerns. They really went above and beyond my expectations making sure that I had all the information I needed and helped with anything that I was concerned about.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The only weakness would be that some might consider it to be impersonal, it's very large and you tend to see a different nurse each specialized visit. The benefits of a large clinic vastly outweighed any negatives. I rarely waited past my scheduled appointment time, my results were often online the day of my visit, the nurses were on top of the voice messages and e-mails, never leaving me waiting long to get a response. Also, despite the size I had the same nurse do my blood work each time, as well as the same nurse do my ultrasound, they were both amazing and remembered me when I came back.
We only really discussed transferring one embryo, due to my age and the expectation that my embryos would be of good quality, he was confident that one embryo would result in a pregnancy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr.Hoffman was aggressive with my treatment and that indicated to me that he wanted me to have a baby as much as my husband and I. He always presented all options and never pressured us to make big decisions without thinking about it and he was readily available to answer questions and walk us through our treatment... When I met Dr.Hoffman I had just had a laparoscopy and was traumatized by the severe findings and the lack of empathy from the doctor that performed it. I felt that Dr.Hoffman realized just how nervous and sad I was and really responded compassionately.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr.hoffman was the right doctor for me. I needed someone that showed compassion and that I felt was as invested in expanding my family as I was while also being medically innovative and on top of their game. Dr.Hoffman was aggressive with my treatment and that indicated to me that he wanted me to have a baby as much as my husband and I. He always presented all options and never pressured us to make big decisions without thinking about it and he was readily available to answer questions and walk us through our treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Trust him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr.Hoffman gained my trust immediately. When I met Dr.Hoffman I had just had a laparoscopy and was traumatized by the severe findings and the lack of empathy from the doctor that performed it. I felt that Dr.Hoffman realized just how nervous and sad I was and really responded compassionately.
Describe the protocols David Hoffman used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
As a coping mechanism I have blocked a lot of this part of the journey out and my husband gave me every single injection. Prior to becoming a patient of Dr.Hoffman I had a laporscopy. Dr. Hoffman performed a polypectomy to remove 2 polyps from uterus which were detected by a saline sonogram. I had an HSG test and my ovarian reserve and other hormone levels were measured. During ivf I was on a regimen of menapur, gonal f and lupron. The doses did not need to be changed throughout treatment and I had daily sonograms and blood tests to monitor. After retrieval I used progesterone suppositories.
I felt the nursing staff were completely desensitized and made me feel bad for asking questions or becoming emotional at appointments.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The clinic itself is well run, the front desk stafff is very kind and friendly and the system they use is user friendly and current. The facilities are all clean and updated. There are several facilities across south Florida which really helped us coordinate our care, for example my husband was able to have his speed tested at a location closer to his job and I was able to go to appointments closer to my job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Around 27,000
Fertility & IVF Center of Miami
Miramar
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Hoffman is very straight forward, which I appreciated. I felt at times though that because he has so many patients he was often rushing. I like that he was thorough with pre testing and he is very good at surgical procedures, ie hysteroscopy.. I did not like that after none of our eggs made it to blast he didn't call us. Instead we heard from someone we never had contact with prior and we had to call and ask for a follow up appointment to speak with Dr. Hoffman about the particulars. I did not feel reassured that the protocol a 2nd time around wld be changed to yield a better outcome. Instead it felt like Dr. Hoffman had no real answers as to why none made it to blast for a transfer and it would be a try again and see what happens.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Go in with specific questions and don't be afraid to ask about the pros and cons of alternatives.
Dr. Hoffman was personable and he took the time to explain our course of treatment in terms that were easy to understand. He was also pretty up front about the statistics.
We did the lupron, gonal protocol. It spanned close to 10 days . I think due to my age i was put on an aggressive course, but while it yielded a lot of eggs, the quality was not good after fertilization and i had mild over stimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
The nurse team is amazing. You really communicate with them more than your doctor. I also saw Barbara along with Debbie. They were thorough and called to keep us on track. They demonstrated how to give yourself the injections. They are compassionate and very well informed.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
This clinic is extemely busy but well run. The wait was usually not that long and their hours are accommodating, esp weekends. All of our encounters with the care team was positive. Be sure to ask questions you may have along the way.
The costs were abt $12,000 not including medication. We had icsi and storage costs
We did not get to the point of transfer so cannot comment.
10 Eggs Frozen
I did not feel rushed the 2 times I met with him...I did not like the fact that he did not go into great detail explaining the procedure.
10 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
He spoke about his knowledge and experience, which I liked, even though I had done my research. He had a relaxed attitude and I felt welcomed. I did not feel rushed the 2 times I met with him. He even went on to talk about more personal things, like family and vacation trips. I did not like the fact that he did not go into great detail explaining the procedure. I did not care much at this time as he was the third doctor I was "interviewing" before choosing to go with him. I had most of my questions answered by then, but if he was the first one I was seeing, I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed it as much. Overall, it was a good experience.
Have all your questions on paper so you won't forget a thing. He will not give so much detail and you might miss something you really needed to know or ask.
I saw nurses in 2 different locations. The team in their Pembroke Pines office seem nicer and the more they saw me, they recognized me. It was always good care, but they are busy and with that comes a slight loss of touch with the patient. The team at the Margate office where I met Dr. Hoffmann, treated me more like a number. I only met with Dr Hoffmann twice and have not seen him since then. He did not do the retrieval as he was not the doctor working that day. Overall, it felt very impersonal at times, and if I was a single woman doing this alone without emotional support at home, it would have been even more difficult. I did like their organization and explanation every step of the way. No matter who picked up the phone I was helped properly.
The protocol is set and they follow it and explain it very well. Very nice attitude overall.
2004 - 2010
Endometriosis, Other
2004 - 2010
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Hoffman is very thorough and takes time to explain things. At no time did I not feel like a valued patient. He was always kind and spoke with my husband and I with compassion, knowledge, and optimism. He was the only doctor who was able to correctly diagnose my issue and help us go on to build our family--without help from any additional assisted reproductive technologies. We actually got pregnant the 'old fashioned way' thanks to his treatment, diagnosis, and solution.
Ask questions if you don't understand something fully. He will take the time to ensure you leave his office understanding.
When I suffered a miscarriage and elected for a D&C, I cried on the gurney while awaiting my turn in surgery, Dr. Hoffman came and sat with me for a few minutes, consoled me, and teared up right along with me. It made me feel like he truly cared.
Dr. Hoffman opted for IUI with injectables (ovidrel I think we used). I responded well and we had 5 eggs develop that were potentially 'the one.' I did not get pregnant on the first injectable cycle with him. He tweaked dosage, etc., for the second cycle and I did get a positive pregnancy test. Sadly, I lost that pregnancy at 7 weeks. Dr. Hoffman recommended I have a D&C so he could send the embryo off for testing. Turns out my body did what it was supposed to do and miscarried a genetically-flawed embryo that was chromosomally abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The staff were always caring and helpful. I never felt like just another patient. I felt like they truly cared about me and my well being and wanted to see my husband and I successfully achieve a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Well-organized, well-run, and staffed with caring, compassionate professionals. The practice utilizes cutting edge technologies and seems to be on top of current research and developments in the ART field.
I had very good health insurance coverage that covered a good amount of my care. I paid just a few hundred dollars out of pocket for each IUI. We were preparing to move on to IVF and the clinic had a shared risk program where you got several 'tries' at a successful IVF cycle for one flat rate (not including medications). I seem to recall it was around $20,000 for 3 attempts at that time.
Jupiter
He [Dr. David Hoffman] introduced himself and background, had a great bedside manner and explained everything to myself and my husband in great detail until we understood exactly what would happen. During each procedure he would explain as he was going and once completed would sit down with me and go over everything again. He is a great doctor and would recommend him to anyone, the office he works in on the other hand is huge and not the friendliest when trying to reach the doctor and/or nurse
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
He introduced himself and background, had a great bedside manner and explained everything to myself and my husband in great detail until we understood exactly what would happen. During each procedure he would explain as he was going and once completed would sit down with me and go over everything again. He is a great doctor and would recommend him to anyone, the office he works in on the other hand is huge and not the friendliest when trying to reach the doctor and/or nurse
Have all your questions ready to ask cause once you leave it is pretty hard to get in touch with him or his nurse due to the front desk of the office
He treated me with respect, explained everything until I understood
He put me on clomid 50 mg first round, ovulated late, second round - 4th round 100mg ovulated every month but did not conceive, currently on letrozole now and using estrogen to thicken lining and ovidril trigger when eggs are mature enough
Dr. Hoffman's nurse is great, very informative and compassionate
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The front desk staff are not the friendliest at times, and when there is a finance issue, they will argue with you until you just give up and pay them what they wabt
Insurance only covered diagnosis no treatment had a 60 co pay each visit