Not available by email
ResidencyU of Oklahoma
3433 NW 56th
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
405-949-6060
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Kallenberger to a friend?

6.9

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Kallenberger] had a plan from my very first visit, which finally gave me hope after a year and a half of trying and one miscarriage...we were able to learn that I had one partially and one fully blocked tube and that we are also dealing with male factor. He was able to successfully clear my blockages through laparoscopy and we will beginning our first medicated IUI in three weeks. I completely trust in the plan he has for us!
[INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute] is a very clean clinic with friendly staff. I have yet to find a weakness. The rooms are beautiful and even have little changing rooms in them...nurses are amazing. I especially love Nancy. She made me feel so much better during my laparoscopy and during my rough recovery...We had to begin by getting a laparoscopy and will be beginning our first IUI cycle soon. He plans to give me something to aid in my luteal defect, and said he will explain further at my baseline ultrasound.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute?
As mentioned, Dr. K can seem short and stern, but he seems extremely knowledgeable and you can tell he has your your best interest at heart. I like doctors that are very to the point, but I know others need someone more soft so I can see that being a slight issue. Dr. K had a plan from my very first visit, which finally gave me hope after a year and a half of trying and one miscarriage. Instead of being in the dark about why we were successful, we were able to learn that I had one partially and one fully blocked tube and that we are also dealing with male factor. He was able to successfully clear my blockages through laparoscopy and we will beginning our first medicated IUI in three weeks. I completely trust in the plan he has for us!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. He seems stern but he doesn’t mind questions at all and will gladly elaborate and explain things further.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kallenberger can seem stern, but you can tell he cares. He may seem short, but when asked questions he readily elaborates.
Describe the protocols David Kallenberger used in your cycles at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Both Dr. K’s nurses are amazing. I especially love Nancy. She made me feel so much better during my laparoscopy and during my rough recovery.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
It is a very clean clinic with friendly staff. I have yet to find a weakness. The rooms are beautiful and even have little changing rooms in them. It was a little confusing the first time which door to go in, but that was a minor inconvenience the first time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
So far I have had to pay $109 for my initial consultation, $50 for each appointment with him afterwards, and $350 for my laparoscopy. I have not heard the costs for my upcoming cycle yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.

Waiting room chairs[at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute] are arranged so that you do not have to make eye-contact with others. ... Weakness- everything is on paper so it takes a while to locate files sometimes. ... Tricia [nurse] is always super positive and friendly whether leaving a voicemail or in person. She delivers news well, whether it is good or bad. ... The nurses always call me by name and typically it is the same nurse.
Compared to my experience at the other clinic in my city (OU), Dr Kallenberger is a breath of fresh air. He performs extra tests I had never heard of and explains everything well. I feel as though I’m in the best possible care with him. He’s extremely knowledgeable. On my first visit he said “If it’s possible for you to get pregnant and have a child, we will make it happen”. As someone who had been told by the other clinic I had “unexplained infertility”, I had lost all hope. Dr Kallenberger is still searching for a cause for our infertility but we are supposed to find out our results next week. After two years of infertility, I had a miscarriage in June, the same month I turned 36. It has been a very difficult few months. We hope Dr. Kallenberger will be able to give us some answers.
It’s a lot of blood work and you’ll feel like you permanently live in the stirrups, but all the testing is worth it.
The nurses always call me by name and typically it is the same nurse. Dr K also appears to remember me.... at the other clinic I went to the doctor didn’t remember me from visit to visit. Dr Kallenberger is great.
We have not done any treatment yet. However one of the additional tests he does is a post-coital exam which was not performed at our previous clinic. Additionally he found that I have low progesterone, which I had suspected but the other clinic hadn’t taken seriously. He actually listens to patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tricia)
Tricia is always super positive and friendly whether leaving a voicemail or in person. She delivers news well, whether it is good or bad.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
Strengths- very fast, short wait time, everyone is friendly, facility is very clean and comfortable. Waiting room chairs are arranged so that you do not have to make eye-contact with others. Overall a positive vibe. Weakness- everything is on paper so it takes a while to locate files sometimes.
I’ve met my deductible because of my miscarriage, so it hasn’t been bad so far. However my insurance covers nothing for treatments so we will be taking out a loan to pay for treatments.
Describe David Kallenberger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He also tried to order tests that I knew I had already done but he said I hadn't. ... I called a week later to confirm doing those tests with the nurse and she said it was the first note in my file. Dr. Kallenberger didnt even take the time to read our file again, before he saw us after our 2nd round failed. ... We did two rounds of IVF with Kallenberger. The first round we transferred a day 3 embryo and it resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second round we did a different protocol and he told me he had a great feeling this would work. By day 5 all of the embryos had died. ...
The nurses at the [INTEGRIS] Bennett clinic were amazing. All of them! We were so thankful for them. ... Our first cycle was a normal protocol. The second cycle was called a Lupron Flare. ... The whole two rounds of IVF cost nearly $30,000 ... I called a week later to confirm doing those tests with the nurse and she said it was the first note in my file.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He was very busy all the time and the nurses did most of my care. Our first round went okay even though it failed. We were told that the new protocol change that a second round would most likely work in our favor. Our second round he rushed through everything and never fully explained why our cycle failed. He also wanted to order tests that I had already completed a few months before. I think he was too busy to even read my file even though we had spent $30,000 in his office for treatment.
Find a new doctor.
We did two rounds of IVF with Kallenberger. The first round we transferred a day 3 embryo and it resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second round we did a different protocol and he told me he had a great feeling this would work. By day 5 all of the embryos had died. There was never an explanation. He also tried to order tests that I knew I had already done but he said I hadn't. These tests were 100s of dollars and at that point we were out $30,000. I called a week later to confirm doing those tests with the nurse and she said it was the first note in my file. Dr. Kallenberger didnt even take the time to read our file again, before he saw us after our 2nd round failed.
The nurses at the Bennett clinic were amazing. All of them! We were so thankful for them.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
I'm not sure about the other doctors but Kallenberger still saw regular patients. He wasnt specifically a RE or fertility doctor. He also taught students in residency at the hospital. I think had he just been a fertility specialist then he would have had more time for his patients.
The whole two rounds of IVF cost nearly $30,000
No comments. We only ever had 1 viable embryo

2013 - 2014
I felt like Dr. Kallwnberger showed compassion while doing the initial consultation. He was an effective listener, and he addressed all of my questions, and I had many. I would have appreciated it if he showed more urgency to address our concerns about getting pregnant.... It’s been quite some time since I was as seen by this doctor. He gave me a full exam, and ran dye tests to check for scar tissue in my tubes. Previously, my tubes had been tied, then I had surgery to resect them, so the dr was ensuring that they were open and properly working.
Many of the typical fertility procedures cannot happen at this clinic [INTEGRIS Bennett] because they’re located at a clinic that’s affiliated with a church-based hospital, such as using donor sperm. The clinic was pretty expensive as well, comparatively speaking. The office staff were very competent and professional, but also compassionate.... The staff & dr were very caring & professional. The clinic was beautiful & very clean.
2013 - 2014
Be very direct from the get-go about what the expectations are, and a potential time frame.
It’s been quite some time since I was as seen by this doctor. He gave me a full exam, and ran dye tests to check for scar tissue in my tubes. Previously, my tubes had been tied, then I had surgery to resect them, so the dr was ensuring that they were open and properly working. He also performed a semen analysis. The test determined that the semen had poor morphology, which meant that the shape of the head of the sperm couldn’t penetrate the egg. We had to move so we weren’t able to take the next steps with this doctor.
I don’t remember any specifically but the nurses were unbelievable here.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
Many of the typical fertility procedures cannot happen at this clinic because they’re located at a clinic that’s affiliated with a church-based hospital, such as using donor sperm. The clinic was pretty expensive as well, comparatively speaking. The office staff were very competent and professional, but also compassionate.
I can’t remember. Our insurance paid for the sperm test and my exam. The price seemed high, and we could not afford it
We didn’t have this procedure
2011 - 2013
He [Dr. Kallenberger] was amazing from the beginning to the end. After the negative pregnancy test, we met with him personally in his office!...He is so caring. You are a patient to him, and he cares so much. If you like the kind of doctor that sugar coats things, he’s not your guy. He’s open and honest but blunt with the delivery of the message. He’s not rude about it at all. I only wish he wouldn’t have been on vacation on the day of the transfer.
nurses [at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute] are amazing. My husband was out of town working during my IVF process. The nurses held my hand and walked me through so much of the process and never missed a beat or acted too busy to care about me...have a one on one about everything you will go through. My greatest concern was giving myself shots. They told me I could do it and they show you exactly how, they are a god send!!! I loved every single person in that clinic, they are amazing!
2011 - 2013
Tell him everything. Even if it is embarrassing to you. He’s heard it all. I got sick in the middle of the IVF procedure and didn’t want to tell him, I ended up having surgery as well.
He was amazing from the beginning to the end. After the negative pregnancy test, we met with him personally in his office!
I don’t remember very much it’s been so long ago. However, I’m praying that I can try again in the next few months.
His nurses are amazing. My husband was out of town working during my IVF process. The nurses held my hand and walked me through so much of the process and never missed a beat or acted too busy to care about me.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
They set down with you and have a one on one about everything you will go through. My greatest concern was giving myself shots. They told me I could do it and they show you exactly how, they are a god send!!! I loved every single person in that clinic, they are amazing!
I don’t remember very well!

2006 - 2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. K [Kallenberger] always cared -- I have called him in the middle of the night and he answered. He was always kind, but very honest. His bedside manner is definitely unique but I always felt like I was in good hands. My cycles never went as planned and I was very emotional. Dr K is very matter of fact and sometimes seemed a little abrupt and dismissive of my concerns. Ultimately, though, I think he knew best.
Dr K's staff [at Integris Bennett Fertility Institute] is one of his biggest positives. BJ, Elaine, and then the ladies in his office were all wonderful...About 11,000 plus $500 for mess with cycle number one and about $2500 for Ned's with the second cycle (mostly covered by insurance)...Different nurses measured follicles which resulted in some variance. The nurses were very involved and answered questions and returned calls promptly
2006 - 2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Ask questions and speak up. Be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to "shop around." Over all, we were very pleased with our outcome, although we experienced both success and failure
Dr. K always cared -- I have called him in the middle of the night and he answered. He was always kind, but very honest. His bedside manner is definitely unique but I always felt like I was in good hands.
I did a long Lupron protocol with both cycles. So lupron, bcp, then menopur and follistim to stim. I developed a massive cyst during each cycle which resulted in an added drug.
Dr K's staff is one of his biggest positives. BJ, Elaine, and then the ladies in his office were all wonderful.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. David Kallenberger] adjusted my medication once...After our failed IVF he stated he wished he had been more aggressive with my medications because of my age. That was very upsetting since he knew my age...We could not afford a second try to be more aggressive... he had very little faith that IVF would work.
The nursing staff [at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute] is amazing and always knew my name when I walked in the door...$14,000 that included meds and egg retrieval and transfer...The clinic was great and very helpful and compassionate...After our failed IVF he [Dr. David Kallenberger] stated he wished he had been more aggressive with my medications because of my age. That was very upsetting since he knew my age
After our failed IVF he stated he wished he had been more aggressive with my medications because of my age. That was very upsetting since he knew my age when he was cashing my $14,000 check. We could not afford a second try to be more aggressive.
Don't use him.
The nursing staff is amazing and always knew my name when I walked in the door.
He adjusted my medication once. There's not much more I can remember, just that he had very little faith that IVF would work.
Simply amazing.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
The clinic was great and very helpful and compassionate.
$14,000 that included meds and egg retrieval and transfer
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kallenberger has a lot of experience as a fertility doctor and has had a lot of success through the years. However, I do not feel that he is up to date with the most recent research and protocols, and he was not as willing to be aggressive with my treatment.... Dr. Kallenberger is willing to transfer 2 embryos if you ask.... If you do not feel like your questions are being answered, push to find more answers/perform more tests.
Appointments [at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute- OK City] are very easy to make, but the nurses do not take a strong interest in the individual patient. There was also a pregnant nurse during a cycle, which was a little frustrating to see a few times a week at a fertility clinic. My favorite nurse left the clinic as well.... ~$15,000 for IVF cycle (not including meds)
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
Appointments are very easy to make, but the nurses do not take a strong interest in the individual patient. There was also a pregnant nurse during a cycle, which was a little frustrating to see a few times a week at a fertility clinic. My favorite nurse left the clinic as well.
~$15,000 for IVF cycle (not including meds)
Dr. Kallenberger is willing to transfer 2 embryos if you ask.