Medical SchoolU. of Oklahoma
3433 NW 56th
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
405-949-6060
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Kallenberger to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute to a friend?
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Kallenberger can seem very stern, and scary coming from a patient, but once you get to know him he isn't any of those things. He is so professional but at the same time very caring and only wants the best for his patients... At our two week appointment post negative pregnancy test he spoke to us about our options and told us he thinks we have a really good chance on the new protocol he wants to start us on for our next cycle.
Native American, Other
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute?
Dr Kallenberger can seem very stern, and scary coming from a patient, but once you get to know him he isn't any of those things. He is so professional but at the same time very caring and only wants the best for his patients. I will recommend him to everyone I know.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute?
Don't be fooled by his fancy suits, and sternness in the beginning.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute?
Dr Kallenberger came in and spoke with me before egg retrieval and helped calm my nerves. He made me feel very important. He held my hand and told me everything was going to be okay, because I was very nervous to go under. At our two week appointment post negative pregnancy test he spoke to us about our options and told us he thinks we have a really good chance on the new protocol he wants to start us on for our next cycle.
Describe the protocols David Kallenberger used in your cycles at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Our first cycle, we knew we suffered from severe Male Factor Infertility. We did a long lupron, and every monitoring appointment my follicles were measuring great. Until we went in for egg retrieval we didn't know that my egg quality was so poor. Dr. Kallenberger thinks that because of the birth control pills and long lupron that was overly suppressed and it resulted in poor egg quality. We are going to try a Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol next cycle and we feel really confident that it will work for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jamie )
The entire nursing staff at Bennett Fertility Clinic is AMAZING. They made our experience there so much easier. They were so caring, and were genuinely upset when our cycle failed. I don't think our experience would have been so great if it wasn't for the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
The strengths of our clinic was that they were so caring and really rooting for our successes. Everyone was so compassionate and amazing! Weaknesses were that they were so busy because Oklahoma City only has 2 Fertility clinics but they did a great job making us feel so important.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Kallenberger at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
With all of the initial tests I'd say around $16,000
Describe David Kallenberger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
I don't have any comments. I only got to transfer 1 embryo so i was never offered the option of transferring 2.
2013 - 2014
I felt like Dr. Kallwnberger showed compassion while doing the initial consultation. He was an effective listener, and he addressed all of my questions, and I had many. I would have appreciated it if he showed more urgency to address our concerns about getting pregnant.... It’s been quite some time since I was as seen by this doctor. He gave me a full exam, and ran dye tests to check for scar tissue in my tubes. Previously, my tubes had been tied, then I had surgery to resect them, so the dr was ensuring that they were open and properly working.
2013 - 2014
Be very direct from the get-go about what the expectations are, and a potential time frame.
The staff & dr were very caring & professional. The clinic was beautiful & very clean.
It’s been quite some time since I was as seen by this doctor. He gave me a full exam, and ran dye tests to check for scar tissue in my tubes. Previously, my tubes had been tied, then I had surgery to resect them, so the dr was ensuring that they were open and properly working. He also performed a semen analysis. The test determined that the semen had poor morphology, which meant that the shape of the head of the sperm couldn’t penetrate the egg. We had to move so we weren’t able to take the next steps with this doctor.
I don’t remember any specifically but the nurses were unbelievable here.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
Many of the typical fertility procedures cannot happen at this clinic because they’re located at a clinic that’s affiliated with a church-based hospital, such as using donor sperm. The clinic was pretty expensive as well, comparatively speaking. The office staff were very competent and professional, but also compassionate.
I can’t remember. Our insurance paid for the sperm test and my exam. The price seemed high, and we could not afford it
We didn’t have this procedure
2006 - 2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. K [Kallenberger] always cared -- I have called him in the middle of the night and he answered. He was always kind, but very honest. His bedside manner is definitely unique but I always felt like I was in good hands. My cycles never went as planned and I was very emotional. Dr K is very matter of fact and sometimes seemed a little abrupt and dismissive of my concerns. Ultimately, though, I think he knew best.
2006 - 2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Ask questions and speak up. Be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to "shop around." Over all, we were very pleased with our outcome, although we experienced both success and failure
Dr. K always cared -- I have called him in the middle of the night and he answered. He was always kind, but very honest. His bedside manner is definitely unique but I always felt like I was in good hands.
I did a long Lupron protocol with both cycles. So lupron, bcp, then menopur and follistim to stim. I developed a massive cyst during each cycle which resulted in an added drug.
Dr K's staff is one of his biggest positives. BJ, Elaine, and then the ladies in his office were all wonderful.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
Different nurses measured follicles which resulted in some variance. The nurses were very involved and answered questions and returned calls promptly
About 11,000 plus $500 for mess with cycle number one and about $2500 for Ned's with the second cycle (mostly covered by insurance)
Oklahoma City
He [Dr. David Kallenberger] adjusted my medication once...After our failed IVF he stated he wished he had been more aggressive with my medications because of my age. That was very upsetting since he knew my age...We could not afford a second try to be more aggressive... he had very little faith that IVF would work.
After our failed IVF he stated he wished he had been more aggressive with my medications because of my age. That was very upsetting since he knew my age when he was cashing my $14,000 check. We could not afford a second try to be more aggressive.
Don't use him.
The nursing staff is amazing and always knew my name when I walked in the door.
He adjusted my medication once. There's not much more I can remember, just that he had very little faith that IVF would work.
Simply amazing.
Describe your experience with INTEGRIS Bennett Fertility Institute.
The clinic was great and very helpful and compassionate.
$14,000 that included meds and egg retrieval and transfer