NYU

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolGeorgetown
ResidencyYale
FellowshipYale
660 1st Avenue
212-263-7629
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Keefe to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NYU to a friend?
I have met Dr. Keefe once with my partner and never saw him again. Nurse Carol has been my primary contact and caregiver. After 3 clomid treatments and 2 IUIs , we have not been successful yet...I would have appreciated a closer relationship with my doctor, especially having gone through 3 unsuccessful cycles...He didn’t reply my email where I explained what has and hasn’t happened the 5 months since we initially met with him and followed his treatment protocol. We are in the process of moving forward with IVF after IUIs and I haven’t been able to get a hold of my doctor to get a roadmap for treatment so I can prepare for cost.
How was your experience with David Keefe at NYU?
He was compassionate but After the initial half hour consultation there were no follow ups. I would have appreciated a closer relationship with my doctor, especially having gone through 3 unsuccessful cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Keefe at NYU?
Stay connected closely. Ask questions. Be in touch
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Keefe at NYU?
The NYU offices are very busy. I have met Dr. Keefe once with my partner and never saw him again. Nurse Carol has been my primary contact and caregiver. After 3 clomid treatments and 2 IUIs , we have not been successful yet.
Describe the protocols David Keefe used in your cycles at NYU and their degree of success.
Clomid x2 a day- day 3-7 Ovidrel day 13
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
Nurse Carol is the best thing in this place. She is thorough , professional, no nonsense, detailed and good communicator. Always immediately calls back with answers. Really like her
Describe your experience with NYU.
Gets very busy- some days feels like a factory. Check in is automated so it goes fast and smooth. What I really had trouble with that they take limited insurance. And won’t help you with submitting claims to The insurance company which most other doctors will do. Coordinators nurses and billing staff is very responsive. I have not been able to reach my doctor ever again after meeting him initially for consultation. He didn’t reply my email where I explained what has and hasn’t happened the 5 months since we initially met with him and followed his treatment protocol. We are in the process of moving forward with IVF after IUIs and I haven’t been able to get a hold of my doctor to get a roadmap for treatment so I can prepare for cost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Keefe at NYU.
My doctorDoes not take my insurance so the initial consultation was $500 and the cost of each IUI is around $1000-$1500 and the cost of IVF is $17,000 plus outside lab genetic testing fees around $3000 plus the medication is From $2000 -$8000.
NY - 1st Ave
What I loved the most is that he [Dr. David Keefe] described very complicated things in a basic way so that i would understand. Instead of a patient, he made me feel like a WARRIOR!... Expect a long time to get an appt with Dr. Keefe.... He spoke Portuguese, as do I so it helped that we had something in common . ... It sort of felt like a factory, the nurses went by my birth date, not name :(
How was your experience with David Keefe at NYU?
He spoke Portuguese, as do I so it helped that we had something in common . What I loved the most is that he described very complicated things in a basic way so that i would understand. Instead of a patient, he made me feel like a WARRIOR!
Expect a long time to get an appt with Dr. Keefe.
He always called me by my first name
It sort of felt like a factory, the nurses went by my birth date, not name :(
Describe your experience with NYU.
The clinic was clean which was important . The waiting room was kind of sad, all you see are women with similar issues waiting to be seen. The wait time was rather long too which gives you too much time to think of negative things. One day, while waiting for an appt, I saw what I assumed was a past patient, she had brought in hee baby to introduce to Dr. Keefe and the Receptionist, that made me feel so hopeful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
Very very early morning monitoring which I hated but it was necessary or id. e late for work all the time.
Since insurance covered the majority, all I had to pay out of pocket was 1k
2013 - 2014
He [Dr david Keefe] is warm and relatable, making me feel comfortable while remaining professional. I trusted him implicitly and am so glad we did. I only actually met with him once or twice - his team is amazing...The team at NYU fertility is amazing. They felt like family. I was always seen promptly and felt I received the best care...Insurance covered my care. I think one round of IVF would have been upwards of $25k
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with David Keefe at NYU?
He is warm and relatable, making me feel comfortable while remaining professional. I trusted him implicitly and am so glad we did. I only actually met with him once or twice - his team is amazing
Talk open and honestly and listen. Come with questions and a thorough knowledge of your own medical history
Don't remember
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Keefe is warm, takes time to establish bedside manner and tells great and relevant anecdotes....Listen to his stories. They seem longwinded but are designed to reassure you as a patient.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Very professional, educated and direct. They are efficient and well-trained.
Describe your experience with NYU.
Efficient, clean and functional.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
Monitoring from 7-9 AM. Pleasant enough waiting area.
What specific things went wrong at NYU?