Long Island IVF

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolSUNY
ResidencySUNY
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
8 Corporate Center Drive
Melville, NY 11747
631-752-0606
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Kreiner to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Long Island IVF to a friend?
Dr. Crane are provided us with a wonderful experience. He had a lovely bedside manner and during each visit communicated his interest in us. He was fairly accessible. He was upfront about our odds when we first started the process, not overly pessimistic but neither did he set unrealistic expectations. There were a couple of instances where we weren't completely clear on the information he provided to us but in each instance he was able to provide clarity when requested. Overall it was a positive experience and I would definitely recommend him and have recommended him to my friends.
How was your experience with David Kreiner at Long Island IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Kreiner at Long Island IVF?
While Dr. Kreiner provided us with a good deal of information I would still recommend that my friend do their own homework and get informed so that they can ask the right questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Kreiner at Long Island IVF?
Dr. Kreiner took ample time to sit with my husband and I to explain our options. He had a great bedside manner during treatments.
Describe the protocols David Kreiner used in your cycles at Long Island IVF and their degree of success.
As informative as Dr. Kreiner was, he never did actually provide me with the name of the protocol that he was using come to I think of it. But I did have was a list of medication that I was supposed to take. Our objective was to be conservative and produce a good amount of eggs but for me not to be overstimulated since I didn't want to have to make a decision about discarding embryos. Meds: Menopur, Ganirelix, Gonal F, Progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Ann)
Nursing staff was pretty efficient and forthcoming with information, I don't remember them being overly empathetic or compassionate but certainly no issues with them.
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
Clinic was clean, typically I did not have to wait very long for my appointments, I was in and out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Long Island IVF.
It was fairly efficient, I never had to wait for very long. It was convenient for me and never significantly disrupted my day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Kreiner at Long Island IVF.
~13k
Describe David Kreiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Long Island IVF.
I believe he suggested a single embryo transfer but I don't recall that he had a very strong position .
What specific things went wrong at Long Island IVF?
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
he [Dr. David Kreiner] was able to diagnose us with male factor ( we saw another doctor there who never mentioned it ) weaknesses is that he treats you like a number not a human ... he has poor bedside manor most days. He never changed protocol and had no real answers or explanation for us after 2 years and 3 losses other than “seems like bad luck “... No rationale . Very cookie cutter plans. We asked to change something to yield better results but did not happen .
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with David Kreiner at Long Island IVF?
Strengthens was that he was able to diagnose us with male factor ( we saw another doctor there who never mentioned it ) weaknesses is that he treats you like a number not a human ... he has poor bedside manor most days. He never changed protocol and had no real answers or explanation for us after 2 years and 3 losses other than “seems like bad luck “ .
Try a different doctor :( .
There was no special attention given. We have been with the practice for 3 years and 2 years with him and 3 losses with him. Each time we sat down it was as if he had no idea who we were and we had to explain everything all over again.
He uses the same one each time. Birth control for a month . Then start estrace for a few days then start injections. No rationale . Very cookie cutter plans. We asked to change something to yield better results but did not happen .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Long Island IVF. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Got the job done but not very warm or caring
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
Some of the staff are very rude when you call. Some of the head nurses are so terrible to deal with . They just seem like robots who do this all the time and have no true compassion for what I went through. They did not make things easy and many times caused a lot of emotional heartache and made things very difficult. However the morning monitoring nurses were so great !
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Long Island IVF.
Morning monitoring appointments went smoothly . However I would show up 45 minutes before it opened to make sure I was first in line so I could be to work on time.
About 15,000-25,000 depending on PGS
Overall a strong preference for single transfer if you are under 35.
What specific things went wrong at Long Island IVF?
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Kreiner] made you feel like your time was important and that he cared about helping...He was great for all textbook infertility issues. Anything with very complicated issues was not something he seemed interested in entertaining like looking into immunological components. While in my case never was able to get pregnant. I inquired endometriosis is an autoimmune problem but the thought of immunological complications was basically disregarded and said he didn’t believe in that.
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with David Kreiner at Long Island IVF?
He was great for all textbook infertility issues. Anything with very complicated issues was not something he seemed interested in entertaining like looking into immunological components. While in my case never was able to get pregnant. I inquired endometriosis is an autoimmune problem but the thought of immunological complications was basically disregarded and said he didn’t believe in that. He wanted to do egg donor very expensive process but we never got pregnant so I couldn’t justify it and figured adoption would be. A better option especially if we could get a tangible result. Persistence paid off and Dr Braverman figured out the problem.
If you are not textbook and have stage 4 don’t waist your time go to a Reproductive immunologist because I wish I knew sooner I might have 2 kids already.
He made you feel like your time was important and that he cared about helping
I can’t remember
They were helpful
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
There was a lot of copays daily to get monitoring. I’m not sure you need the level of monitoring after going elsewhere and not needing daily blood work and soon. If you have complicated stage 4 endo don’t waist your time go see a Reproductive immunologist.
Cattle call
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I feel that he [Dr. Kreiner] cares. He is offering me additional help and guidance such as accupuncture. He explains things in detail. He provides numbers and breaks things down to where you can understand. I emailed him when he was on vacation and responded....He explains things in detail. He remains hopeful...He understands what you are going though and is there to help...I did two rounds of clomid iuis next round is with injectables because it will increase my chances.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with David Kreiner at Long Island IVF?
I feel that he cares. He is offering me additional help and guidance such as accupuncture. He explains things in detail. He provides numbers and breaks things down to where you can understand. I emailed him when he was on vacation and responded.
He understands what you are going though and is there to help
He explains things in detail. He remains hopeful
I drive them nuts everytime i see them. They offer me hope they are amazing people
Describe your experience with Long Island IVF.
They make you feel comfortable they offer hope and guidance. It is a comfortable office and the whole staff is super nice. I call all the time and i get a response back within a few hours. They go above and beyond for their patients.
Not sure