Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolCornell
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipCornell
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Reichman to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process... During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Since our first meeting with Dr Reichman we have trusted him, had the utmost confidence in him and have felt like he has genuinely cared about the outcome of our process. He is direct and honest, compassionate and thoughtful through setbacks, reassuring and confident, and pleasant to interact with. He responds within hours to emails/phone calls. We felt like we were a team.
See him!
Cornell is a busy practice and at times in the waiting room you feel like just a number. However, when interacting directly with Dr Reichman (and his team) I always felt like I was his only patient. Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process
We have a 2.5yr old who was conceived naturally. After trying for 6+ months for a second child we saw Dr Reichman. Given my history he suggested IUI/clomid. We did 2 rounds with no success. He read my disappointment and we agreed together to do IVF. During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization. Second cycle was a success- 30-something eggs, 15 fertilized and 3 genetically healthy embryos.
I have never been to a medical practice that runs this smoothly- and it is remarkable given the volume of patients here. Even during monitoring visits, I was most often in-and-out. Phlebotomists, nurses, front desk lovely and always friendly and quick!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The tribeca office is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca
Tribeca

My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were...I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more...Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF...Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Weill Cornell with very little understanding of how fertility treatments worked or what the process was for someone like me who wasn't getting pregnant after months of trying. I'd researched a bit on the internet and chatted with friends, but there was a lot of conflicting information out there and it really seemed like fertility treatment depended so much upon the individual and their circumstance. My gynecologist at the time was extremely unhelpful answering fertility questions — she basically told me to come back in a year if I still wasn't pregnant, and that was that. I was so discouraged and really wasn't sure what to expect with WCM. My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were. From the very beginning, Dr. Reichman made it clear that his objective was to get us pregnant, and he was going to do everything in his power to make that happen. I could tell he was incredibly smart and an expert in his field, which made both my husband and I feel reassured and confident in his plan. As Dr. Reichman's patient, I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more.
Trust his judgement. Though it can of course be helpful to do your own research or talk to other women about IVF, I honestly never took anyone else's advice over his. If you have a question, no matter how silly, ask it and he will answer.
From my first appointment to my very last, Dr. Reichman made me feel like my case was a top priority. He always remembered my husband's name, what I did for work, and snippets from our previous conversations. He never compared me to other patients like some doctors do (which can make you feel like just another patient in a long line of patients), unless of course it was relevant or he was sharing an example. Dr. Reichman always responded to my questions honestly and openly. I knew he was working hard and following all of the right steps to get us where we wanted to be.
Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF in June of 2018. It was a bit of a rollercoaster those seven months — taking meds for two weeks then doing the procedure, then waiting the ten days....and every time is wasn't the answer we wanted. But Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging. After our 5th failed IUI we decided to do IVF and I was actually really relieved and excited for it. Dr. Reichman carefully explained what IVF would entail and WCM offered a helpful course, so we began the process with all of our questions answered, ready to go. All in, the 10 days or so of medication and daily monitoring wasn't so bad. Mostly it was enormously disruptive to my schedule but I didn't experience any pain or mishaps. We got 25 eggs which was a huge success, and ended up with 6 embryo. And as luck would have it, Dr. Reichman was able to do my transfer which made me really happy. That first transfer was successful, and I don't think I've ever been more excited than when I got the call confirming my bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
I spent a lot of time at WCM. I stopped counting after my 60th appointment. Yet somehow sometimes I would oddly look forward to those early morning appointments, which often required me to get probed and poked for blood work, etc. It was definitely because the staff was SO lovely and friendly, especially the nurse Christine who was clear and concise and had super positive energy, which I loved.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I have only good things to say about WCM. It was clean, the staff organized and friendly. Sometimes the waiting room was crazy crowded and you'd have to wait for a while, but to be expected in New York.
I found that getting there early was always best (and the nurses tipped me off to this), so waiting wasn't too much of an issue. The clinic was well-run, super organized and had an overall welcoming environment.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF. IUIS I believe were about $1,000 each.
Tribeca

If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, [Dr. Reichman is] your guy...For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos...Though Dr. Reichman is a busy doctor, I always felt like our questions were answered, issues clarified, etc. I was fairly active on email and he was super responsive.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My early reaction, and continued perspective on Dr. Reichman, is that I wish every doctor I had was like him. He’s super intelligent, passionate about his work, focused on results, data oriented, and a caring, communicative doctor. From our first consultation, he provided us with assurance that we had previously been lacking. The road wasn’t always smooth (2 failed IUIs), but we knew that the likelihood of getting pregnant that way was much lower than with IVF, given the data he presented in the first consult. When we had a hiccup with meds/insurance while starting IVF, he personally found a way to get us what we needed, allowing us to begin the cycle in what was a good month. I can’t ever say I’ve had a doctor that has gone so above and beyond. He was always very receptive to our thoughts and questions, to some concerns we had along the way, dedicated to making sure our experience was as good as it could be.
If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, he’s your guy.
2 IUIs, first cycle with Clomid and second with Letrozole. Second cycle elicited a larger egg count, but ultimately, both cycles did not produce a pregnancy. For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos. Got 12 oocytes, which led to 10 mature eggs. 8 fertilized, and 6 were viable after genetic testing. Meds prescribed pre-retrieval were Gonal F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. Did the trigger shot the night before the retrieval. Followed the transfer with progesterone inserts.
Worked with Hannah during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Amazing clinic- super kind staff, very prompt ‘service,’ extremely clean and modern facility. This is one well-oiled machine, with a very uncommon level of care and humanity. I really appreciate how quickly I could get in and out of the office, esp given the frequency of appointments.
IUIs cost about $400 with our insurance, not sure about the actual cost. Our insurance didn’t pay for ivf, so we paid out of pocket. We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
Thought it was smart and strategic that we transferred one, given my age, the number of viable embryos we had, and the potential risks posed with multiples.
Tribeca

I would have liked to better understand what he [Dr. Reichman]/ we learned from each test and cycle. I often felt in the dark and my questions were answered but curtly and without elaboration...he was very matter-of-fact and direct. There were no elaborations, explainations were as minimal as necessary, he seems busy but always made time for pleasantries and to ensure I was OK. There were a few times I had to call nurses after the appointment for clarity on next steps.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt he was competent and knew exactly what he was looking for and observing - I wish he shared more insight. I still do not understand why none of our attempts worked or if he had any understanding. Our first consultation was jarring because he assertively suggested IVF immediately (at 38 years old), but I can't blame him for my shock. Throughout, he was very matter-of-fact and direct. There were no elaborations, explainations were as minimal as necessary, he seems busy but always made time for pleasantries and to ensure I was OK. There were a few times I had to call nurses after the appointment for clarity on next steps.
Do your reserach before seeing him to understand potential outcomes, alternatives and questions to ask. He will competently answer all, but not necessarily offer excess info.
I did understand what tests were being done, nor the outcome or meaning. I would have liked to better understand what he/ we learned from each test and cycle. I often felt in the dark and my questions were answered but curtly and without elaboration.
We attempted three IUI, first two with Clomid and third with Letrozole. We monitored frequently (expensively) and I gave blood and had an ultrasound for consecutive days prior to procedure. Each time I recieved conflicting recommendations for when to have intercourse following the IUI. Each IUI attempt was unsuccessful and if there was any suggestion of explaination, I never heard it.
Generally great but I had one major problem with billing that was in contrast to what the nurse told me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Generally great, reception is polite although a bit hasty and patronizing - I assume because of the volume of emotional women they deal with all day. Wait times can be up to an hour but for the most part were very quick and I felt the clinic did all possible to mitigate waiting. Facilities were clean and modern. Staff was all professional and friendly.
IUI was apx $5K per attempt, including monitoring.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman always had a smile on his face and asked how I was. He responded quickly to my emails outside of office hours. He also always took what my husband and I wanted into consideration when presenting plans for next steps. I always felt like Dr. Reichman cared for me and was always rooting for the end result we wanted...When I came in for monitoring appointments he took my work schedule into account and would see me earlier in the morning.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. I have never felt like a doctor was so invested in me as I did with Dr. Reichman. He not only is an amazing doctor but he is warm and compassionate. He was very patient and thorough when explaining options, procedures and next steps. He made me feel very confident in the choices I made because I felt he had given me all of the information I needed. I also always felt very confident with his recommendations. When I emailed him questions he responded quickly even outside of office hours. When I came in for monitoring appointments he took my work schedule into account and would see me earlier in the morning.
Choose him as your doctor.
The ladies at the front desk always greeted me by name and were warm. Dr. Reichman always had a smile on his face and asked how I was. He responded quickly to my emails outside of office hours. He also always took what my husband and I wanted into consideration when presenting plans for next steps. I always felt like Dr. Reichman cared for me and was always rooting for the end result we wanted.
I do not ovulate on my own due to PCOS. Dr. Reichman started me out on 2.5mg of letrozole to help me ovulate. He said that women with PCOS often respond better to letrozole than clomid. I did not respond to that dosage, so the next month he increased it to 5mg. I responded to that dosage and continued to use it for 3-4 cycles combined with regular monitoring, trigger shot and timed intercourse. Those cycles were met with negative pregnancy tests, so Dr. Reichman did a procedure to test my Fallopian tubes to make sure they were open. They were clear so, we moved on to 2 cycles of letrozole and IUI. Our plan was to do one more cycle with IUI and then move on to IVF because my insurance would pay for it and my husband and I did not want to wait. Since it was our last IUI cycle Dr. Reichman though I should try clomid rather than letrozole to see if it yielded different results. I did not respond to clomid, so I went back on letrozole and did one last IUI. This cycle worked and I am now pregnant!
The nursing staff was always friendly and answered all of my questions when they called with test results. They were also excellent when responding to messages I left for them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Leave messages with questions. They always call you back........…................................... ..........….....................................................................................................
My insurance covered everything except for my copays.

2016 - 2019
My RE missed my ovulation 2x ... When we returned to him [Dr. Reichman] in 2018/2019 for baby 2 it was a very different experience. He was overly blunt, cold and got extremely upset whenever he was questioned or I advocated for myself. He just seemed like he was too busy too care anymore. Emails would go unanswered for days and you never received phone calls when requested.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I first went to him back in 2016. He was empathetic, concerned and took the time to walk you through everything and also made sure that you were handling everything ok mentally. He was the kind of dr that would call you from vacation or on his way home to check in and explain things. I will add that we did get pregnant during that time at his practice, however it likely would've happened regardless. When we returned to him in 2018/2019 for baby 2 it was a very different experience. He was overly blunt, cold and got extremely upset whenever he was questioned or I advocated for myself. He just seemed like he was too busy too care anymore. Emails would go unanswered for days and you never received phone calls when requested. It was like I was dealing with a completely different dr.
If you tend to ask questions and advocate for yourself do not work with him.
When i initially saw Dr Reichman in 2016 after 2 losses he was nothing short of amazing. He was kind, empathetic and really took the time to discuss treatment, calm anxiety and let you know he was there to support you. When I saw him again in 2018/2019 everything changed. He was blunt, short, easily annoyed and combative. I really felt like I was dealing with a completely different Doctor. He was no longer willing to try different things or think outside the box. It was very his way or the highway. I did not feel the comfort and support I once felt with him at all.
We only got as far as letrozole and timed intercourse with him. He also missed my ovulation twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Giaimo)
I only ever spoke to Hannah and Christine. Both were good and responsive. However they will never really answer questions for you and will tell you to email Dr Reichman.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The downtown office is smaller. Very clean and organized. You will usually always see your Dr when you go. The staff is friendly and knows your name. They always get your meds in on time. They only issue I found is it takes forever to get your records. So if you need them quickly you will have to stay on them.
25k+ for IVF before medication, IUI 1.4k and trigger shots $100 if not covered by insurance.
He will never implant more than one embryo at a time. Or at leas that is what he said. He is extremely conservative.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Reichman] is thoughtful and thorough, Always explains everything so I understand. If I need clarification for something, he explains it. He is realistic. I am currently still under his care and only starting round #2 of IVF, but he always comes up with a plan with me, rather than for me, and explains his rationale. ... He is not warm and fuzzy, but he is thoughtful and reasonable. If you are looking for hand holding, he is not for you.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is thoughtful and thorough, Always explains everything so I understand. If I need clarification for something, he explains it. He is realistic. I am currently still under his care and only starting round #2 of IVF, but he always comes up with a plan with me, rather than for me, and explains his rationale.
He is not warm and fuzzy, but he is thoughtful and reasonable. If you are looking for hand holding, he is not for you. But his knowledge and his confidence are very impressive.
He was very down to earth in our initial consultation. Asked my husband and I personal questions, which I liked, as it made me think he wanted to get to know us and cared. Always speaks to me like his equal, rather than a patient.
For my first round, I used Gonal F 300 and night, then added Menopur 75IU and Cetrotide (can't remember specifics). I only had four follicles from. 5 eggs were retrieved. Only on embryo made. Sent for genetic testing. Embryo was not recommended for transfer (can't remember reasoning). For my second round (just started tonight), I am using Micro Lupron twice daily and adding Menopur 150IU and Gonal F 300 in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
She is extremely responsive. ALways answers my questions in a timely matter. She is organized.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: After going to another clinic first, I was extremely impressed with the organization of this clinic. Everyone is vey nice, they are efficient. Hours are great. Never have to wait long. Weaknesses: They have so many patients, which sometimes makes me feel like a number.
It was convenient. Hours start at 6:45 and end at 8:30 so it did not interrupt my work schedule. The earlier the arrival, the less I had to wait. There were often many people there (especially on the weekend, where we had to go to the main central location), which again makes me feel like a number.
I'm lucky that my insurance covers 15K in fertility medication (per lifetime) and 3 rounds (per lifetime). For the first round, we reached out 15K in medication! We still had to pay out of pocket almost 3K for medications on top of that. We learned that pharmacies charge insurance companies insane amount of $$ for meds. If you are paying out of pocket for medications, there is a significant discount. For the second round (new med protocol and paying out of pocket, we have spent about $3100 so far, significantly less than previous. I do not know the cost of specific services. Genetic testing is not covered under insurance and is about $4100 out of pocket. Even if not embryos are recommend for transfer.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
However, he overlooked something that could have saved my husband and I months of trying to conceive. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS on my first visit to him, he assumed that the problem was me and therefore did not recommend that my husband get tested as well. ... we finally pushed for a semen analysis (although he didnt recommend it yet) and found out that my husband had a low sperm count, at which point Dr. Reichman recommended IUI.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a great doctor and he clearly cares a lot about his patients and is very responsive. Also extremely bright and has a nice bedside manner. However, he overlooked something that could have saved my husband and I months of trying to conceive. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS on my first visit to him, he assumed that the problem was me and therefore did not recommend that my husband get tested as well. After 6 months of Letrozole (which worked very well for me and got me to ovulate on the first try) and not getting pregnant, we finally pushed for a semen analysis (although he didnt recommend it yet) and found out that my husband had a low sperm count, at which point Dr. Reichman recommended IUI. After 3 IUI's and still not pregnant, WE asked Dr. Reichman if he thought it would be a good idea to see a reproductive urologist and he said it couldn't hurt and gave us a recommendation. We ended up seeing the urologist who told my husband that he had a double varicocele on both testicles and he had surgery to remove them. Now it has been 3 months post surgery and still not pregnant but at our last IUI a week ago, his sperm count had trippled. Howeevr, no we are finding out that there may be another problem with his capscore (ability of sperm to fertilize the egg) and the only way to deal with that is through IVF, however we want to wait at least until 6-7 months post-op to start IVF. In my opinion, Dr. Reichman is a great doctor, but he should have told us from the start to get my husband tested, because you never know if its just one persons fault or both until you get tested. If I had a freind going to see Dr. Reichman, I would recommend that she push to have her husband get tested on the first visit to avoid any further complexities and to make the process go faster.
get your husband tested on the first visit even if he doesnt recommend it
Dr. Reichman is always extremely responsive to emails (answers usually right away) and questions I had while at the office for ultrasound appointments and bloodwork. However usually when I am there for ultrasounds the visit lasts less than 5 minutes and he doesn't ask if I have any questions and doesn't always explain what he's seeing in the ultrasound. However, when we first started seeing him, we had an hour meeting with him to discuss the plan and we just had another hour meeting with him to discuss potential IVF, in which he took the time to explain everything to us and answer any questions. He definitely treats me like a human and not just a number.
fFirst I just did letrozole and since i have PCOS I reacted really well to it and began ovulating on the first try. Did this for a couple months. Dr. Reichman says normal couples TTC have a 1/5 chance of getting pregnant every time so he thought we should do that for 5-6 months. 7th month we did IUI after finding out that my husband had low sperm count, although he probably wouldve waited to do another cycle or 2 without IUI if we hadnt done semen analysis of my husband. Then we did IUI for 6 cycles. last 2 IUI's I was on clomid instead of letrozole so I would ovulate more than one egg and have a better chance of conceiving
They were great, really responsive and nice and friendly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
busy office and you have to come in early, sometimes a wait but never more than 30 minutes. And usually they take you within 5 mins of your arrival. ALso sometimes you have to wait in the room for the doctor to come in for 10 mins but not more. usually very fast. eveyrone who works there is really nice and friendly.
normal co-pay for ultrasounds, price depends on your insurance. my insurance didnt cover IUI, so we paid $750 out of pocket every time. Also HSG was around $250 that we paid out of pocket, but depends on your insurance and fertility benefits.

2017 - 2019
He made a plan that worked for me and my husband, and adjusted it as necessary over the course of a year so that I felt comfortable with what came next every step of the way. ... Dr. Reichman has really good personality, which I learned makes infertility treatments easier to deal with. He is super straightforward, has a great sense of humor, and is positive but not pushy or annoying or unrealistic.
2017 - 2019
European, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to my first appointment at Dr. Reichman's office as a favor to my husband. I was very reluctant to do any fertility treatments. If a different Dr. had been sitting on the other side of the desk I am not sure I would have gone through a year that included several IUI's and ultimately a cycle of IVF that led to a positive pregnancy test. Dr. Reichman has really good personality, which I learned makes infertility treatments easier to deal with. He is super straightforward, has a great sense of humor, and is positive but not pushy or annoying or unrealistic. He explained things in terms that I could understand and answered every question I had every time I saw him. He made something really hard bearable. He was also available to my husband whenever he had questions and they had many phone calls to strategize the next steps. He adjusted our plan as necessary throughout the process and paid attention to what I was comfortable with every step of the way. I would 100% recommend him.
Tribeca office is closed on weekends and holidays so sometimes have to go to Upper East Side location for monitoring which is much larger, less welcoming than the Tribeca office. Dr. Reichman did not perform any of my IUI's, egg retrieval or transfer procedures- depends on who is on call when they are scheduled.
Dr. Reichman seemed to understand how I was feeling about infertility treatments even though I couldn't figure it out. He made a plan that worked for me and my husband, and adjusted it as necessary over the course of a year so that I felt comfortable with what came next every step of the way. He has a really great sense of humor, is very direct and the level of care that he has for his patients comes through in every visit.
Friendly, kind, compassionate, thorough, knowledgable, available
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths- The people who work there are very nice, friendly and good at their jobs- super helpful with billing and insurance issues. The office is very welcoming, clean and new. Weakness- Sometimes very crowded during monitoring hours but for the most part can be in and out in a half hour.
This was my first experience with monitoring hours but it felt organized and fluid. Even when really busy wait was mostly 30 minutes at longest.
4 rounds of IUI/ 1 cycle of IVF including genetic testing came out to be about $50k.
Tribeca

Also know that if you're doing IUI that Dr. Reichman most likely won't be doing the procedure ... He's very direct and to the point, which can come off as blunt but I appreciated because he was always very honest and helped manage my expectations. He only tells you what you absolutely need to know, and monitoring appointments are very quick, so if you're like me and prefer to be over informed, know that you should come to your appointments prepared with questions to ask.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I loved my experience with Dr. Reichman. He's very direct and to the point, which can come off as blunt but I appreciated because he was always very honest and helped manage my expectations. He only tells you what you absolutely need to know, and monitoring appointments are very quick, so if you're like me and prefer to be over informed, know that you should come to your appointments prepared with questions to ask. Dr. Reichman really knows his stuff - I always had full confidence in his plans - and appreciated how he would always explain his plan of attack, including recommending that I schedule a "strategy session" to discuss next steps if I was not pregnant after 3 rounds of Clomid. He always answered questions via email very quickly and encouraged me to email him directly at any time.
Ask a lot of questions and try to prepare for your appointments in advance because he sees a lot of patients. Go in for monitoring appointments on the earlier side (before 8am) if you want to get seen without any wait. Put your faith in him and do as he says and stay off of Google!
Even though he was likely seeing dozens of patients a morning for very short periods of time, I could tell that Dr. Reichman always prepared himself to see me, knowing the details of my treatment and even remembering personal details about my job, husband etc. The front desk staff at WC are extremely friendly, and very quickly remembered my name which I was always impressed by.
After he diagnosed me with mild PCOS, he recommended Clomid as a starting point as it appeared I only needed help ovulating more regularly based on bloodwork. He didn't push me to get other tests done right away (other than genetic screening) as he could sense I was hesitant, but after my husband decided to get a SA and it came back with a lower than average count, he recommended IUI to improve our chances of success. After the first round of Clomid didn't result in pregnancy, he recommended an HSG to make sure we weren't facing any additional obstacles, and he also recommended back to back IUIs for the 2nd round of Clomid. I got pregnant on that 2nd round, but if I hadn't we would have had an appointment to discuss our next steps and I believe he would have recommended moving on from Clomid after the 3rd round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah )
Hannah was who I mostly spoke to during my treatment. The office ALWAYS called with results and instructions on time, and she is just genuinely a warm person. I didn't have all that many needs for frequent communication but I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is great - nice staff, efficiently run, and very comfortable environment. I was always seen on time. The UES, where you will have to go for IUIs and on the weekends when Tribeca is closed, is less so - there's a higher volume of patients and so there's longer wait times, more anxiety in the waiting room, etc. Also know that if you're doing IUI that Dr. Reichman most likely won't be doing the procedure unless he happens to be on call - it wasn't a big deal to me and I had the same doctor do the procedure both times who was lovely.
I have Cigna and all of my procedures and appointments were 100% covered, except for genetic testing (that was around $350 - they have a deal worked out not to exceed that if your insurance doesn't cover), so I mostly just had a specialist co-pay each visit of $40. Since there are a lot of monitoring appointments, all in I'd say I was spending $200-250 a month on co-pays or so.

1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Reichman took the time to ask me exactly what I wanted out of the process and tailored a plan specifically for me, and treated me with precise care each visit... I always felt that he was attentive to my needs and gave me straightforward answers. When we got a few embryos after the first retrieval he advised me to do a second one before doing a transfer, as I had told him at our initial consult that I wanted as many kids as possible
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a skilled, highly educated and kind doctor. I always felt that he was attentive to my needs and gave me straightforward answers. When we got a few embryos after the first retrieval he advised me to do a second one before doing a transfer, as I had told him at our initial consult that I wanted as many kids as possible,and if we waited it would be more difficult in the future, based on my age. I appreciated that he took me at my word and advised me according to what I wanted out of this whole process. He is completely informed on the latest technologies available and always treated me with complete kindness. I have recommended him to many people already.
Trust him and do what he says!
Estrogen patch for a week before period 150 menopur + 300 FSH first few days, then added Cetrotide, HCG trigger shot
The nursing staff was always available to answer questions, speak through concerns, and show kindness through the whole process. They returned calls in a very timely fashion and explained anything I didn't understand. They were professional and skilled in performing any tests required.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Upon initial consultation I met with the patient coordinator, Amanda, who explained all the steps I would need to take in order to begin the process. She was very patient and informative and guided me throughout. As a new patient the process can be quite daunting but she always took the time to explain everything to me thoroughly. Make sure to coordinate any insurance issues with the billing department, as that is a time consuming process.
Monitoring hours are in the early morning and I would make sure to arrive pretty close to when they opened. A typical wait for me was 10-15 minutes tops, they work quite efficiently there.
~$11,000 for the retrieval ~$10,000 for the PGS testing ~$3,000 for medications (insurance covered some) ~$4,000 for the transfer
I initially asked Dr. Reichman for a multiple embryo transfer, I thought it would be fun to have twins, he explained the risks involved and as we were doing PGS testing on the embryos the chances of success of one implanting were higher
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman remembered details about our discussions, and always asked questions following up on our prior conversations...He also responds to emails within hours...He is very clear, thorough, smart, candid, and responsive. I saw him for each of my appointments, which was a big relief because my medication and progress needed to be monitored closely to avoid over-stimulation. He was always well prepared for our appointments, on time, and remembered everything we had discussed about my course of treatment. He also responds to emails within hours and his nurse is also very responsive. After you are treated by Dr. Reichman, you wish that he could stay with you throughout your pregnancy and deliver your baby. I have absolute trust in him and his judgment and have recommended him to many friends, who have been equally happy with his care.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I can't say enough about how highly I recommend Dr. Reichman. He is very clear, thorough, smart, candid, and responsive. I saw him for each of my appointments, which was a big relief because my medication and progress needed to be monitored closely to avoid over-stimulation. He was always well prepared for our appointments, on time, and remembered everything we had discussed about my course of treatment. He also responds to emails within hours and his nurse is also very responsive. After you are treated by Dr. Reichman, you wish that he could stay with you throughout your pregnancy and deliver your baby. I have absolute trust in him and his judgment and have recommended him to many friends, who have been equally happy with his care.
Come with questions prepared. He is very busy. He will sit with you as long as you have questions but he doesn't have time to waste so make sure you know what you want to ask in advance.
The Tribeca office is incredible. The front desk and nursing staff know most of the patients by name, are always helpful and responsive, and are extremely kind. Dr. Reichman remembered details about our discussions, and always asked questions following up on our prior conversations.
We did two IUIs with clomid (each negative result) and one IVF transfer (successful). Dr. Reichman advised that IUI was unlikely to work for us (unexplained infertility) and so recommended we try that no more than 3 times. He was very confident IVF would work (and it did).
Hannah was very responsive and also very compassionate. Also, she was very clear with instructions on medication. Everything you could want in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The only downside to the Tribeca office is that you have to go to UES for procedures and weekend monitoring. I found the UES location similar to a factory. Very impersonal, not very helpful staff, not much information or instruction. The Tribeca office, itself, is terrific. They run on time, they know the patients, and they quickly respond to questions.
It gets pretty busy just before monitoring hours end so I would recommend showing up on the early side. You won't need to wait very long at all.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman really knows his stuff. At our first consultation, he had data to support his treatment plan and answered all of our questions without hesitation. Dr. Reichman truly makes you feel that you are in the best hands possible. He takes his time to answer your questions and provides alternatives and next steps at each visit. He put my husband and myself at ease during the entire process...He's usually very prompt
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be on time for your appointments. I was always taken on time and most of the time earlier than my scheduled appointment. He's usually very prompt
Dr. Reichman always came into the room knowing my information (ie where I was in a cycle, what the treatment plan was) and always knew even the most minute details of my case. He always let me ask questions during the appointment and I never felt he was rushed.
I went through 4 rounds of clomid with timed intercourse. On the fifth cycle, Dr. Reichman gave us the option of continuing with timed intercourse or undergoing IUI. He explained IUI would slightly increase the probability of conception but it wasn't 100% necessary to proceed if we wanted to continue trying with just clomid and timed intercourse. We decided to proceed with IUI and got pregnant that cycle
The nurses were wonderful. After every visit I had blood work they would call in the afternoon to review results. They were always very patient and answered every single question. When I would call up to ask a question, I always got a call back the next visit day. In the rare event they couldn't answer a question, they would always confer with Dr. Reichman and call me back with the answer
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Scheduling appointments is very easy. The office gets a bit busy after 745am, so it's always best to schedule your appointment early. The front desk staff is extremely kind and answered all my questions related to billing and scheduling procedures.
My insurance covered most of the costs of my care. The IUI was paid for 100%. In total for all office visits and my HSG procedure, we paid about $3000 out of pocket
Tribeca
During visits, he [Dr. Reichman] can seem like he is in a rush but this is because he has lots of other patients. He was always accessible to me via email...he favored low dosages and was very cautious about not overcooking the eggs...he recommended 1 and I think that was the VERY best decision...I did not waste my time trying IUI because he had already told me my chances are very slim and so I just went straight for IVF which saved me not wasting my time and money.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you want a doctor who knows what he is doing Dr. Reichman is the Dr. for you. He delivers results and is very brutally honest about the process. I did not waste my time trying IUI because he had already told me my chances are very slim and so I just went straight for IVF which saved me not wasting my time and money. During visits, he can seem like he is in a rush but this is because he has lots of other patients. He was always accessible to me via email.
Trust trust trust trust him and at first, you don't succeed, don't give up. Trust him. I completely trusted him and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Reichman was so compassionate. I went to him not knowing him at all, not knowing anyone he had treated before. I was at my lowest point before a few months before my OB who I never want to see ever again had told me "there is no way you will have a baby unless you find a donor." This was very hurtful considering A. She told me this not in her office but while I was crossing a busy intersection on the phone and B. She had not done any comprehensive tests on me and my husband. When I told Dr. Reichman this during our meeting, he said to ignore that as he was very confident my OB did not know what she was talking about. And right he was.
Don't remember that much but I the only thing I remember is that he favored low dosages and was very cautious about not overcooking the eggs
Christine Lu was the absolute, absolute and I repeat absolute best. She was very compassionate, kind and you could tell she genuinely cared about my well-being. I could not have asked for a better nurse than her. I became fully dependent on her kindness and advice.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cattle cow but that's ok because it's very busy. I wish there was more privacy instead of the receptionist asking you your business in front of other patients. Other than that, clean and efficient. To be honest it was a little reassuring going there and knowing that I was not the only one going through my problem.
My insurance with Cigna only covered $10,000 max for IVF and I paid close to $15,000 out of pocket
Yes, he recommended 1 and I think that was the VERY best decision. I have had severe morning sickness and I can't imagine if I was carrying twins.
Tribeca

In Dr. Reichman's opinion, I didn't need multiple embryo transfer... is compassionate, empathetic, yet confident. He takes his time with you and explains every detail step by step. He makes it a point to know his patients and reach the best solution to each situation with them. He guided my husband and I regarding insurance coverage and what would be the best option for us not to get overwhelmed with financial responsibility. It's not about the money for him
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My experience with Dr. Reichman was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. His confidence gave me strength. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field of medicine. He is prompt and thorough, yet he takes his time to make sure that you understand every aspect of the situation. He is friendly and caring. Excellent bedside manner. Gentle during procedures. One of the best medical professionals I have ever dealt with. I trust him with my health 100% and would recommend anyone I care about to him. He is absolutely amazing.
Trust him. If he says there is a chance for a successful pregnancy then follow his lead. I was at the point where I had no hope. I went to the consultation because my husband really wanted to go. After a few miscarriages, I didn't think anything would work. Dr. Reichman didn't sell me a dream or make promises in any way. He told us our options and made us think about it. We chose to move forward and from day one Dr. Reichman guided me through each step. Everything he said or expected to happen, happened. I'm not saying that every patient will have a success story, but he knows what he is doing. I can't imagine him leading a patient on. He is upfront but gentle when discussing your medical condition. It took me a little while to have confidence in him, but once he gained my confidence I knew I was in the right hands.
The physician is compassionate, empathetic, yet confident. He takes his time with you and explains every detail step by step. He makes it a point to know his patients and reach the best solution to each situation with them. He guided my husband and I regarding insurance coverage and what would be the best option for us not to get overwhelmed with financial responsibility. It's not about the money for him
In my case, my eggs were poor quality. Which Dr. Reichman mentioned, could be a possibility, during our first consult with him. He recommended Genetic Testing. We knew I could conceive but we couldn't control which egg was being fertilized. By having the eggs Genetically tested, we were able to transfer the healthiest egg. So I took injections for a few weeks, went for the egg retrieval, waited for the lab tests, had the genetic testing done, and finally had the egg transfer. I am now almost 2mo pregnant and all is going well.
The nursing staff are amazing. The whole team is organized and professional. They are friendly and take their time with you. They smile when they greet you. They actually seem like they love their jobs. Nobody has ever been rude, unfriendly, or unkind. They promptly return calls and walk through each step to take next. They make sure they consult with the physician and know every necessary detail before they contact you. Each conversation or given direction was executed professionally and accurately. They're knowledge and dedication make every experience and visit run very smooth.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very clean. It is a warm environment. Patient information is all kept private. The fact that the team is so organized, helps with waiting times. You will not sit in the waiting room for 1hr wondering if anyone forgot about you. They are on point.
Monitoring appts, as well as most other appts. are all done first thing in the morning. Monitoring is very frequent. It is very convenient for the working woman. You can get all your monitoring done and report to work without a problem.
With Dr. Reichman's suggestion, I upgraded my insurance to a plan that covered 90% of the infertility treatment. Everything done in the office was covered. Majority of medication and medical supplies were covered.
In Dr. Reichman's opinion, I didn't need multiple embryo transfer. I'm glad he chose the approach that he did. It was perfect for my individual situation. May not work for every patient but it worked for me and that's all that matters.
2 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Reichman takes personal ownership of his cases and wants to be with you every step of the way. He (jokingly) got offended when I went to the UES location because he likes to be sure he's available to his patients throughout the process.... Always go to the Tribeca office for monitoring. You'll get Dr. Reichman as opposed to the revolving door of doctors at the UES location.... Dr. Reichman is exceptionally personable, brutally honest (in a good way!!) and has a great sense of humor
2 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is exceptionally personable, brutally honest (in a good way!!) and has a great sense of humor. He knew exactly how to communicate to my husband and me throughout the process.
All three times we used an antagonist strategy: first cycle: 300 IU Gonal-F / 150 IU Menopur / Cetrotide. 15 eggs --> 12 mature --> 12 fertilized by ICSI --> 6 day 5 blastocysts (preceded by 27 day menstrual cycle) second cycle: 300 IU Gonal-F / 150 IU Menopur / Cetrotide. 12 eggs --> 9 mature --> 5 fertilized by ICSI --> 2 day 5 blastocysts (preceded by 21 day menstrual cycle) third cycle (in progress): 375 IU Gonal-F / 75 IU Menopur / Cetrotide (preceded by 25 day menstrual cycle) I (not Dr. Reichman) attribute the difference in yield between the first and second cycles to the extremely shortened menstrual cycle. My second cycle was done immediately after my first cycle; there were two months between my second and third.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
One of the difficulties of this clinic is that there are multiple locations. While this can be convenient for monitoring (I've gone to three locations to accommodate my schedule) it does mean information can fall through the cracks between offices. The biggest pain point in using this clinic is they are totally clueless on making the consent process go smoothly. On each of our three retrievals they have always requested some new consent at the 11th hour that causes tremendous stress for my husband and me. It makes no sense that I can be at one of their offices every single day and without fail they have some urgent need for a form less than 24 hours before retrieval. To try to make the third time the charm, my husband accompanied me to their UES location so we could meet personally with the consent person and ensure every form was signed and appropriately witnessed. We even told her if there were forms we might need that she wasn't sure about we'd be happy to submit those for safekeeping. Even still, we were made aware of more forms that needed to be signed and witnessed four days later and another form a day after that. They know this is a problem and don't care enough to fix it.
Monitoring is easy breezy at this location. It is not available on weekends, however.
Tribeca

He [Dr. Reichman] preferred to transfer a single embryo for us, but we never had one to transfer...We tried a second round (everything was paid for out of pocket), had 26 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 0 fertilized with ICSI. Dr. Reichman was truly stumped...I am now under the care of another doctor and have already been diagnosed with PCOS among other things, which I am being treated for, but which never came to light
European, East Asian
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a conscientious, responsive, and caring, but he is conservative and didn't go above and beyond to help us get to the root of our problem. We had 48 eggs retrieved over the course of two cycles, 34 of which were mature, only 1 fertilized with ICSI, and that embryo didn't survive long enough for transfer. We felt he shrugged us off and was ready to let us move on without trying to dig in and search for answers, run additional tests, etc. This was a let down.
If you aren't getting typical results, move on to another clinic, or even a reproductive immunologist. You won't get a rigorous scientific examination of your results.
After meeting with Dr. Reichman, I had a spontaneous chemical pregnancy, 1 failed IUI, and then a spontaneous pregnancy which ended at 9 weeks, soon after being passed on to my OBGYN. After my d and c, I had retained products of conception and my OBGYN wanted to do a second d and c. Dr. Reichman called me and firmly told me not to do the second d and c and that it could affect future fertility, and offered to do a hysteroscopy instead. I knew he truly cared about my well being. I then had two IVF cycles with him. The first round yielded 22 eggs, 10 mature, and 1 fertilized with ICSI. That embryo failed to develop. At the time he told us that it would be like lightning striking twice for similar result to happen again. We tried a second round (everything was paid for out of pocket), had 26 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 0 fertilized with ICSI. Dr. Reichman was truly stumped. I don't fault him personally, but feel that if your case is tricky, Weill Cornell is not the place for you. I am now under the care of another doctor and have already been diagnosed with PCOS among other things, which I am being treated for, but which never came to light at Cornell. I believe the biggest mistake that Dr. Reichman made was allowing us to proceed with a second round without ensuring that we learned something from it (such as doing half with donor sperm). After our final meeting with him post 2nd IVF, he still have no idea if it was an egg or sperm issue. My husband has normal sperm count and motility, but low morphology, but that shouldn't have led to the results we got. Dr. Reichman did offer us a third round at a discount to try a cycle without ICSI, but we didn't feel there was any evidence to put ourselves through that.
IVF #1: Day 1-6: 225 gonal f, 150 menopur Day 7: 225 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 8-9: 175 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 10: 175 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 11 150 gonal f, 150 menopure, ganirelix Day 14: 22 eggs retrieved. 10 mature. 1 fertilized. No embryos. IVF #2: Day 1-5: 1/16 225 gonal f, 150 menopur Day 6-8: 125 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 9-10: 125 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 11: 50 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 12: Trigger thurs 1/24 9:30pm Lupron 4mg Hcg 2500 Retrieval 26 eggs 0 of 24 mature eggs fertilized
The nursing staff at the Tribeca office is warm and caring. My first IVF coordinator was cold and businesslike. The second one was much more pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Palermo's embryology lab met to discuss our failures, as did the andrology team. I was told that they were devastated and stumped by our results. Dr. Palermo offered my husband a couple of tests after our second failure. We have yet to receive the results of the second test about 7 months later.
Fairly efficient, but impersonal when the monitoring MD is not your own.
Everything was out of pocket for us. We spent 15-20k for each cycle. I do not recall IUI cost.
He preferred to transfer a single embryo for us, but we never had one to transfer.
Tribeca

We had a long appointment to discuss options and decided to do four IUI's and then move on to IVF. Dr. Reichman gave the option of surgery for the hydro, but said it was not required in my case.... My body was very sensitive to the stims and my estrogen shot up, so Dr. Reichman had me on very low doses throughout and had to adjust my dosage more frequently than usual ...strongly advised a single embryo transfer given my age
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is probably the best doctor I've ever had. He is not only extremely knowledgeable and skillful as a physician, but is also a highly effective communicator. He made sure I was fully informed at every step of the process and laid out pros and cons of every decision, including financial considerations (e.g. when deciding on next steps, he explained what he would recommend if money were no consideration and what he would recommend given the cost, and then left it up to me to decide what made the most sense for my situation).
Prepare questions in advance of an initial consultation or longer follow-up appointment. Morning monitoring appointments are very quick and didn't allow much time for in-depth conversation, though he never made me feel rushed and answered any questions I had then too. Email him directly any time you have additional questions. He typically responded to my emails in less than 24 hours.
Dr. Reichman always took the time to explain thoroughly every decision that we made. He was optimistic throughout, while allowing for me to feel disappointed each time I didn't get pregnant. When a potential complication arose, we had an hour-long appointment to discuss all possible options and outcomes.
I did four unmedicated IUI's with an HCG trigger shot using donor sperm. During monitoring for the 2nd IUI, Dr. Reichman noticed on the ultrasound that I had a potential mild hydrosalpinx, which had not shown clearly on the HSG I had done. We had a long appointment to discuss options and decided to do four IUI's and then move on to IVF. Dr. Reichman gave the option of surgery for the hydro, but said it was not required in my case. I did an IVF cycle with 8 days of stims (Menopur, Follistim, and starting on day 4, ganerelix as an antagonist). My body was very sensitive to the stims and my estrogen shot up, so Dr. Reichman had me on very low doses throughout and had to adjust my dosage more frequently than usual. Because of my high estrogen and large number of follicles, we used a Lupron trigger instead of HCG. Specific dosages are below. CD 2 - 125 follistim, 75 menopur CD 3 - 125 follistim, 75 menopur CD 4 - 75 follistim, 75 menopur CD 5 - 50 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 6 - 50 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 7 - 50 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 8 - 92 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 9 - 42 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 10 - 1 ganerelix, lupron trigger CD 11 - no medication CD 12 - egg retrieval - 24 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts for PGS-testing, 4 PGS-normal embryos, 3 mosaic embryos
Hannah was always prompt and clear with follow up phone calls.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell's Tribeca office is excellent - front desk staff were always helpful and friendly and I never had to wait long. Weekend monitoring and all IUIs are done at the UES office, which is much bigger and has longer waits. Also, keep in mind that Dr. Reichman will do all of your weekday monitoring and manage your treatment, but he will not do your IUIs and probably not weekend monitoring or egg retrieval (though for weekend monitoring and egg retrieval he does some as they have a rotating schedule).
Monitoring at Tribecca was a well-oiled machine - I was always in and out in less than 30 minutes and often less than 15. On the UES (weekends), it felt a bit more like a cattle call - so many people in the waiting room and often long waits.
IUI's were mostly covered by insurance, aside from $25 copay for each appointment (including monitoring) and $125 for trigger shot. In total, I paid about $300 each IUI. For IVF, the total cost was about $20000 (including PGS-testing), almost all out-of-pocket. Medications were an additional $2000. Each frozen transfer will be another $4500 (or so).
Dr. Reichman strongly advised a single embryo transfer given my age. I agreed with him.
Tribeca

He [Dr. Reichman] is blunt at times - some people might not like this, but I really do. I want to know the good and the bad, with nothing sugar coated...We did about 10 days of injections, at differing dosages, which Dr. Reichman adjusted day to day...remembers every detail of his patients' life and their cycles. He is friendly but not fake, which I appreciate...is friendly, easy to talk to and caring, but also very to the point, which is so important to me. He doesn't beat around the bush and explains every possible outcome in detail, which is so important throughout this process. He is also sarcastic and cracks jokes - SO needed with all the stress infertility brings.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr.Reichman is friendly, easy to talk to and caring, but also very to the point, which is so important to me. He doesn't beat around the bush and explains every possible outcome in detail, which is so important throughout this process. He is also sarcastic and cracks jokes - SO needed with all the stress infertility brings.
He is blunt at times - some people might not like this, but I really do. I want to know the good and the bad, with nothing sugar coated.
Dr. Reichman remembers every detail of his patients' life and their cycles. He is friendly but not fake, which I appreciate.
Our first round was just Clomid, taking 50mg per day. My body responded too well to the medication and we had to cancel due to three matured follicles. The second round, we reduced the dosage of Clomid to two days of 50mg then three days of 25mg. My body did not respond enough, after the 5 days of Clomid, we didn't have any mature follicles. At that point, we added in daily Menopur injections. We did about 10 days of injections, at differing dosages, which Dr. Reichman adjusted day to day. We had two mature follicles, which was great, but unfortunately my estrogen had dropped to basically zero over 24 hours between injections. We decided to trigger ovulation and see what happens. Unfortunately due to my low estrogen the cycle did not work. We are now starting a third cycle of Menopur injections and hoping we can get my body to ovulate with the perfect amount of follicles. If that doesn't work, we will move onto IVF.
The entire nursing staff at Cornell is amazing - they are caring, take the time to walk you through every detail of your protocol and answer any and all questions you have.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is unlike any doctors office I've ever been to. It is clean, everyone is extremely friendly and remembers your name, and they are always on time. I never waited more than five minutes in the lobby before being taken back to the exam room.
My insurance covers all infertility treatments, except IVF, so luckily everything up to now has been covered. My only costs are my regular copay for office visits and medication.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman performed a thorough work up of both me and my husband. He explained the tests. He was very friendly and we looked forward to our visits. On the occasions that I was particularly hormonal/emotional/struggling with what felt like a long period of treatment he was not overly supportive. I felt he was more comfortable at appointments if my husband was present. As part of treatment there are a lot of transactional ultrasounds and I found that he (as well as other male doctors) are less gentle than my subsequent experience of female doctors. That said, I fully trusted Dr. Reichman to get us the result we wanted - without question - and therefore was fine with the minor discomfort.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If patients have worries about treatment or symptoms during treatment I recommend framing the question to Dr. Reichman as “this is happening - is this because of the fertility treatment or does this pose a challenge or risk to my cycle?”. Dr. Reichman is not a primary care physician so if any symptoms are not a result of, or will impact fertility treatment he will direct you to your regular doctor.
Dr. Reichman formed a relationship with us, asked after my husband on the occasions I had solo appointments. He was extremely responsive on emails, days, nights and weekend. He offered sincere condolences when cycles were not successful.
Gonal-F 900 IU Menopur 75 IU Cetrotide 250mcg HCG shot Lupron 2 week kit Progesterone in oil Medrol Z-pac
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Giamo)
My main nurse coordinator, Hannah, was very helpful with treatment and appointments and trying to resolve issues with my insurance coverage. The IVF training nurse was excellent, helpful and compassionate also. And the nurses that drew my bloods each day were skilled, gentle, upbeat and friendly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I trust the technical expertise of the Weill Cornell Centre for reproductive medicine completely. I trust their research and methods and skills at performing procedures. I was very happy with all procedures performed by the team of doctors including IUI, egg retrieval and transfers. On the other hand, the administrative/ billing team was not familiar with Aetna insurance which led to multiple, time wasting, and high stress instances of the admin team incorrectly telling me I was responsible for meds out of pocket when in fact I was 100% covered. At one point i was on vacation to de-stress from the cycles and them emailed to tell me i would be responsible for bills of $10k for medication - this was incorrect due to poor research on their part. (Dr. Reichman actually volunteered to help get it sorted by reporting the errors to the head of the Weill Cornell insurance billing team, who then worked with me directly). I also had billing issues, receiving bills for thousands of dollars, when I had already paid for a complete IVF package in full. This all got rectified, but was extremely time consuming and stressful.
Timing was convenient - early morning before work. Wait times were not an issue. Equally, I called once to say I was running late due to a subway breakdown and they calmly assured me I would be seen no problem when I would get there. If I had too many questions for a morning monitoring appointment, Dr. Reichman would arrange to see my husband and I later that day.
~$28k out of pocket
Dr. Reichman strongly encouraged elective single embryo transfer. I was happy with this approach.

How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was, in short, a dream to find, in a city full of top REs. From the moment we sat down in our consultation, it became clear that he was not only an excellently trained physician, but was also passionate about his specialty, and sincerely empathetic towards his patients. This combination allowed me to truly relax and leave myself in his hands (e.g., no more endless googling!), in a way I never really did with my first doctor, and I think that made a difference in our outcome, if only by improving my mental wellbeing as we went through our cycle. We saw him at every single monitoring appointment, and when questions arose, I emailed him directly, and heard back without fail in a few hours or less. From what I understand from friends, these are unique qualities to find in a doctor at the top clinics in NYC, given the huge numbers of patients they churn out. In short, even before our first (and only) cycle was finished, my husband and I were thrilled with the level of care we received from Dr. Reichman.
If you find yourself overwhelmed by science or statistics, don't be afraid to ask questions. He will respond with patience and kindness.
Dr. Reichman knew exactly where we were in our treatment cycle, every time he saw us. He needed no prompting about any of my personal details, or what our plan was. And when I had emotional moments, the level of compassion he showed me was well beyond what I expect from even the best-trained medical professionals..
We saw Dr. Reichman after completing four cycles with another doctor. On the surface, Dr. Reichman kept the same protocol, as I had a good response to the drugs: 5 days of .5mg of letrozole, an HCG trigger shot, and an IUI. My monitoring appointments at CRM, however, were much more frequent. I believe we had four or five ultrasounds before Dr. Reichman decided I was ready for the trigger shot, which ultimately took place a few days later in my cycle than previous treatment. This meant my uterine lining was thicker than it had ever been, and we had one great sized follicle plus another potentially mature one. He also timed the IUI differently than my previous one - this IUI took place about 28 hours after the trigger shot.
I didn't have a great deal of interaction with the nursing staff, as I did not undergo IVF. I called a few times with questions, and they were very helpful in their responses. I wasn't assigned a specific nurse, but when you start treatment at CRM, you receive contact information for your specific doctor's team, including nurses whose duties are divided and specified. The nurse I typically reached out to (based on these descriptions) was frequently out of the office (it was during the summer, so this may not be the case year-round). When I left messages on Dr. Reichman's general nursing line, however, they were always quick to call back.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office of Weill Cornell CRM is a hidden gem. The facilities are new, the waiting room is never packed, and the front desk staff are wonderful. My husband and I visited the main office on the UES once, for our IUI, and it was a night-and-day contrast to Tribeca - incredibly crowded, seemingly somewhat dated, and huge. Given the large number of doctors and patients, I would be surprised if they are able to support the same continuity of the Tribeca office (as in, always seeing your doctor for each monitoring appointment, which was amazing!). I suppose if there is one downside to the Tribeca office, it is that on weekends, holidays, and for procedures like an IUI or embryo transfer, you will need to visit the UES location.
My husband and I had recently moved and were waiting for our new insurance to kick in during our cycle with Dr. Reichman, so we paid entirely out of pocket. Our costs were about $5500. This included our initial consultation and baseline ultrasound, required blood work for myself and my husband (Hep B/C, HIV, mumps, etc.), three monitoring ultrasounds, the IUI, two pregnancy blood tests, and five OB ultrasounds. Because we were paying out of pocket, Dr. Reichman charged us a reduced rate for everything outside of lab costs.

2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Reichman is very knowledgeable and caring. He made sure he understood my husband and my concerns, outlined all the options, and guided us to choosing a strategy that best suited our needs. He is very on top of the latest developments in this field of medicine. I also liked that I saw him on each visit. He kept me informed and made the process as smooth as possible...I learned to my surprise that I had a low egg reserve for my age. I would like to have multiple children and Dr. Reichman proposed doing IVF as soon as possible, genetically testing, and freezing the embryos.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I recommend him without hesitation. Trust his advice and the process.
Dr. Reichman was very caring through out the process, familiar with the specific facts of my case and my concerns, and willing and ready to answer all my questions.
I learned to my surprise that I had a low egg reserve for my age. I would like to have multiple children and Dr. Reichman proposed doing IVF as soon as possible, genetically testing, and freezing the embryos. This proved to be a good option for me. I am pregnant now and have embryos stored as well. I am hopeful that I will get to have multiple children as I wanted. I took Follistem, Menupur and Ganirelux.
I was very impressed by my nurse Hannah Giamo and all of the nursing staff. Everyone was very knowledgable, responsive, caring and kind.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This is a highly professional organization. I would recommend this clinic to anyone in the area. They know what they doing. Trust their process. It works well. The wait time to see the doctor or have blood taken was very short. They were very responsive to questions and returned calls quickly.
The monitoring hours were in the mornings. I went in and then headed to work. They were efficient and I never waited very long to be seen or to have blood taken. They have a nice waiting room and very friendly front desk staff.
Since the embryos were genetically tested, we only did a single embryo transfer.
Tribeca

He [Dr. Reichman] had our best interest in mind and devised a treatment plan to help achieve our goals. He has always been kind, compassionate and extremely well read which gives one tremendous confidence in his abilities...He is always two steps ahead in the treatment plan. He is very efficient and always gave us ample time during each visit. Our appointments were always on time and he was fully aware of our current and past medical data to make the most accurate decision on treatment plan. We highly recommend Dr. Reichman.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the most extraordinary doctor and human being we have ever met. In a difficult journey of Infertility, you cannot find someone better than Dr. Reichman to be on your side. We wish we knew about him when we started this journey three years back. Right from the first time we met Dr. Reichman, he came across as a good and caring human being himself. He had our best interest in mind and devised a treatment plan to help achieve our goals. He has always been kind, compassionate and extremely well read which gives one tremendous confidence in his abilities. Compared to our experiences with other top doctors and fertility clinics in New York, Dr. Reichman has set a benchmark of care, treatment, knowledge, compassion and effectiveness which in our opinion is hard to beat. He is always two steps ahead in the treatment plan. He is very efficient and always gave us ample time during each visit. Our appointments were always on time and he was fully aware of our current and past medical data to make the most accurate decision on treatment plan. We highly recommend Dr. Reichman.
Start your journey with Dr. Reichman, it will only get better. He is direct in his communication which in our view is very helpful. Go to him!
Low dosage gonal F and Menopur followed by cetrotide with HCG and Pregnyl trigger.
Nurse and nursing staff were always available for any questions. We got prompt call backs for our daily monitoring results as well as any ad-hoc requests we had. Hannah always had smile on her face when we interacted with her, made us feel warm and welcome. Hannah's approach is very similar to Dr. Reichman in terms of compassion and care.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Amanda runs the office very efficiently and compassionately. She makes sure that we are well informed and cared for every time we visited the clinic. Amanda and the clinic staff are the main reason the clinic runs so efficiently. Whether it is the appointment schedule or billing queries she ensures all our questions are answered promptly. Shannah and others in the clinic made every visit easy for us. They always greeted with smile and compassion and make the start of your day and IVF journey cheerful. Shannah remembers everyone's name and greets them in a personalized way making the connection very honest and authentic. We have rarely sat at the reception not knowing when our turn will come, overall a great experience right from Dr. Reichman to Hannah to Amanda and others
Very efficient and smooth
comparable to other fertility clinics in new york
Tribeca

Come prepared with your questions. Dr. Reichman (and his office/practice) are extremely busy so you’ll get more out of your visits if you know exactly what you want to learn/know. He’s fairly no-nonsense (while also compassionate) and I think appreciates when his patients arrive prepared... was a big proponent of only transferring a single embryo after PGS testing. He explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos and together we decided to only transfer one at a time.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a very smart, experienced, and trustworthy RE. He was always exact in his findings and explained things in a way that a non-medical professional can understand. He also has a wonderful bedside manner.
Hannah was very knowledgeable, communicative, and compassionate. She always delivered directions and test results in a timely manner and with compassion. She was also very good at returning phone calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell has a reputation for being “the best” and attracts top talent. The doctors and staff are at the top of their game and you should feel very confident in the trust you put in them. It is a very busy clinic (because of their reputation) so be prepared for that - especially at the Upper East side location (the Tribeca location has a much smaller/warmer feel).
Monitoring appointments were early morning and fairly calm at Cornell’s Tribeca office. Dr. Reichman did every ultrasound himself. On the few occasions I had to go to the Upper East Side office for monitoring, it was a “cattle call.” But, a small price to pay for world-class care.
I don’t recall the entire cost as some was covered by insurance and some was out of pocket. As we all know, it is expensive.
Dr. Reichman was a big proponent of only transferring a single embryo after PGS testing. He explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos and together we decided to only transfer one at a time.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I saw Dr. Reichman every day for nearly 2 weeks and he was very good about explaining what the different levels from blood tests meant and his strategy for setting the dosage of meds each night, even during the holidays.... Dr. Reichman always responded promptly to emails. There were many ups and downs during this process and he took time to have multiple sit downs to regroup and strategize throughout the process. I felt like he genuinely cared about our case.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I've been seeing Dr. Reichman for almost a year now. We did multiple rounds of Clomid and Letrozole, 2 egg retrievals and 1 embryo transfer. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my first child all thanks to Dr. Reichman! After trying Clomid and Letrozole for a few months, I was eager to begin IVF. I would like to point out that Dr Reichman did regard me as one of his more challenging IVF patients. I'm very petite with PCOS and a very high AMH so I had to be carefully monitored while stimming to avoid OHSS. I saw Dr. Reichman every day for nearly 2 weeks and he was very good about explaining what the different levels from blood tests meant and his strategy for setting the dosage of meds each night, even during the holidays. As all readers will be aware, this process is very involved and quite intense, and I definitely felt that Dr. Reichman was with me all of the way. I was 35 at the time of my first retrieval and I have to say I thought we would be done after a single egg retrieval since my AMH was so high. We were disappointed when the numbers quickly dwindled from eggs retrieved, to mature eggs, then fertilized, to the ones that made it to day 5. We were only able to get 1 PGS normal embryo from the 18 retrieved eggs. I knew Dr. Reichman was disappointed as well. He outlined what we might try differently if we chose to do another retrieval and was always optimistic he could give us the family we wanted. Not that I had any reason to doubt Dr Reichman, but more because of the time and money involved, I sought a second opinion. I met with another renowned clinic and the doctor there actually said my protocol was excellent and that she would not have done anything differently to Dr. Reichman. That doctor also said Weill Cornell is an excellent fertility center. That was very reassuring and we decided to do another retrieval with Dr. Reichman. I began Metformin (even though I don't have diabetes, some say it helps with egg quality in PCOS women), weekly acupuncture, and drastically changed my diet. I waited 4 months in between egg retrievals since it takes 90 days to recruit a primordial follicle. The second retrieval resulted in 2 euploid and 2 mosaic embryos. With 5 total frozen embryos, we decided to try a frozen embryo transfer. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and looking forward to seeing Dr. Reichman for the next FET. The ART process is very complicated and there were so many things I had questions about. Dr. Reichman patiently helped me weigh the pros and cons of each decision and he went out of his way to treat me and put my mind at ease. We are very grateful to him.
The morning monitoring sessions go quickly. Do your research and have all your questions ready to go. Weill Cornell is one of the best and therefore one of the busiest clinics.
Few months of Clomid with trigger shot, then Letrozole with trigger shot (no IUI). Very low dose follistim, menopur, ganirelix for egg retrievals with all Lupron trigger to avoid OHSS. Letrozole to prep for FET followed by 10 weeks of progesterone suppositories.
Hannah was my primary nurse, but you will often have a different nurse call you each day. At first I was weary about speaking with a different nurse each day, but they are very well organized and able to answer all your questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Being one of the best clinics, it's also one of the busiest. It's not the place to go if you need hand holding. Patients do not have any contact with the Embryology Lab which I found frustrating at times, but rest assured they are top notch. Dr. Palermo, the developer of ICSI is the Director of Andrology Lab here. Your doctor can also contact the lab for any specific questions you may have. Morning monitoring hours are extremely busy. I went between 6:30am-7:30am every morning to avoid waiting and I preferred the Tribeca location. You need to be extremely proactive with your insurance and coverage, especially if you need anything from the Pre-Certification team, who were not very responsive and often times dropped the ball.
Always go between 6:30-7:30am to avoid waiting and crowds. Front desk demeanor at the Tribeca location was always very pleasant. Tribeca office a much nicer experience than UES office.
Base price approximately $17,500 for an IVF cycle before cost of ICSI, embryo storage, anesthesiology fee, hospital fee and meds. There are also a series of tests needed prior to starting IVF that can add up. Total price varies for each patient and I would say ours was between $22,000-$30,000 for each round of IVF with an insurance ART life time max coverage of $10,000, which was of course maxed out within the first IVF round.
Tribeca

Dr Reichman is always reachable via email which is great. He will answer you within 24-48 hours. He is compassionate and understanding. His approach to treatment is very straightforward and he explains everything step by step. He is a wonderful doctor... We started with IUI first, On my second IUI cycle i was pregnant with multiples but miscarried 8 weeks later. The Dr was very hopeful that of we did more IUI's we might have another chance. I took clomid every cycle. Finally after the 6th cycle we decided the next step would be ivf.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you have any questions, even if you feel they are "stupid" questions, don't hesitate to ask. He will always answer. No question is stupid when dealing with infertility
Dr Reichman has excellent bedside manners. He makes sure his patients are comfortable. He does not sugarcoat anything and gives you realistic outcomes.
We started with IUI first, On my second IUI cycle i was pregnant with multiples but miscarried 8 weeks later. The Dr was very hopeful that of we did more IUI's we might have another chance. I took clomid every cycle. Finally after the 6th cycle we decided the next step would be ivf. The Dr explained the entire process, medications and adjusted during the cycle if needed. Daily monitoring at the office was required to see how well i was progressing. I am currently in the 2ww. If the Dr doesn't reach you his nursing staff always do.
Nursing staff was very helpful and always a phone call away. They always called you when you went in for monitoring that day.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinic is clean, up to date, and you are in and out in 10-15 min. Sometimes you have to go to there uptown office and they are just as fast. There is a nurse always available if you need to speak to one.
IUI was covered under insurance but ivf fresh cycle ranged from $10-12,000. Additionals would be icsi ($2,500) or assisted egg hatching ($1,800), also PGS testing varied ($3,000-8,000)
Tribeca

[Dr. Reichman] cared about his patients on a personal level. He listens to you as a patient, and offers his expertise in a straight forward but kind way. Our insurance does not cover infertility and he was great about keeping that mind while treating us. We had 2 failed embryo transfers with our previous doctor (4 embryos total) and with Dr Reichman we transferred 1 embryo on day 3 and I am currently 30 weeks pregnant! He did the cycle completely different and I wish I went to him first! I can't say enough good things about him!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would highly recommend Dr Reichman to anyone! He was the second doctor we worked with and our experience with him was way better than with our Utah doctor. When we moved to NYC I met with another doctor at RMA and left in tears after that consultation. Two months later I met with Dr Reichman and knew he was a good doctor and cared about his patients on a personal level. He listens to you as a patient, and offers his expertise in a straight forward but kind way. Our insurance does not cover infertility and he was great about keeping that mind while treating us. We had 2 failed embryo transfers with our previous doctor (4 embryos total) and with Dr Reichman we transferred 1 embryo on day 3 and I am currently 30 weeks pregnant! He did the cycle completely different and I wish I went to him first! I can't say enough good things about him!
Even though I had a wait a few months to see him, it ended up being worth it for me! I am glad we got the chance to work with him, so don't let that stop you from going to him!
Dr. Reichman did all my monitoring himself when he was in the office. He often met with us to discuss any questions we had, and he was great at replying to questions via email. My experience with him was completely different then the previous doctor I was treated by in Utah. (I only saw her three times and we did multiple cycles, and ivf with her!) I loved working with Dr. Reichman and felt he truly cared about us. He was amazing!
I am not sure what the protocol was called, I know he told me, I just can't remember. My body responds well to the meds, (gonal-f, Menopur, Progestrone, Estrogen patches) he had me come in everyday because my follicles were growing quickly. We lowered my dosages accordingly throughout stimulation. Because of our age, and no found issues he kept the ivf cycle very simple. We did not want to do a lot of add ons (testing, assisted hatching, etc) as our insurance doesn't cover anything and he was great about not pushing those on us. He did strongly encourage us to only transfer one embryo, which I was fine with! Our cycle with him was very different in the fact that we did less medicine, and stimulated for a shorter amount of time then we did with our Utah Doctor. This was intentional as he believed they over stimulated me and left my eggs in too long. It was overall a way better cycle, and I appreciated his approach to our treatment.
The nursing staff was very responsive, and communicated well. They also were great when I had questions, and answered them fully. They were personable even though they see tons of women each day!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very clean, up to date, and well managed. They always called when they said they would and got back to me quickly when I left messages. They were great about answering questions regarding my cycle, billing, insurance etc. If they did not know the answer they would always put me in touch with who would know.
I often tried to get there early to avoid the "crowd" if I got there before 7:30am I usually did not have a long wait. If I went in later sometimes I would have to wait longer.
Consultations or sit downs, IVF Fee, Hospital fee, Medications, Frozen Embryo creation and storage.
He strongly encouraged us to only transfer one due to our age, and embryo. I was fine with this!

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
From all of our appointments had with Dr. Reichman, it is clear that he is a compassionate individual who takes great pride in what he does. ... From our first session with Dr. Reichman it was clear that he not only has a great deal of compassion for his patients but also for his profession. ... During our initial session, he was most informative and understanding in sharing the different options available.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
From our first session with Dr. Reichman it was clear that he not only has a great deal of compassion for his patients but also for his profession. He nicely explained our treatment options and the steps that would be taken once we decided on what option was best for us. Dr. Reichman answered all of our questions and never made use feel as though we should be embarrassed to ask such questions. Follow up calls were always made in a timely manner and Dr. Reichamn always made me feel at ease with each appointment. He most certainly helped lessen the stress that coincides with infertility.
Take the time to meet with him because you will not be disappointed.
Infertility is a very emotional process and Dr. Reichman helped to ease the emotions that came along with it. During our initial session, he was most informative and understanding in sharing the different options available. Dr. Reichman answered all of our questions and never made use feel as though we should be embarrassed to ask such questions. From all of our appointments had with Dr. Reichman, it is clear that he is a compassionate individual who takes great pride in what he does. He truly made our second experience with infertility issues a pleasurable one and I highly recommend his medical advice and treatment.
The nurses were absolutely wonderful. Upon arrival, I was always treated with respect and seen within a timely manner. My questions were always answered and my results were consistently reported when stated.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The office is very welcoming and informative. Having commuted more than 40 miles per day for my visits, the office staff was always most accommodating in meeting my desired appointment times. My questions were always answered and follow up calls were made within a timely manner.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
He is, I would say, mostly focused on the fertility treatment as a direct option; he is less concerned with or focused on addressing underlying issues of infertility. ... During IVF, Dr. Reichman ordered a protocol of almost-daily monitoring (usually ultrasound and bloodwork). He was erring on the side of caution, which was a comfort, as I was at risk for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). ... He was very careful with my dosages to avoid OHSS and clearly explained the risks and possibilities.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is an excellent and extremely knowledgable medical professional. His manner is friendly but professional, and he is even-keeled and confident in his expertise. His interactions are straightforward and matter-of-fact with enugh warmth and compassion for the experience. I've always felt quite comfortable wit Dr. Reichman. However, morning monitoring hours are not the best time to ask Dr. Reichman detailed questions. He will answer them albeit slightly more brusquely than when you meet with him for a consultation or other appointments. He's very responsive over email. He is, I would say, mostly focused on the fertility treatment as a direct option; he is less concerned with or focused on addressing underlying issues of infertility. He is mission-driven and mission-focused. If you want a more holistic approach (that takes your body's fertility and health into more detailed consideration), Dr. Reichman may not be your first choice. He may be taking these factors into careful consideration, but that wasn't necessarily clearly communicated during my IUI and IVF processes. Overall, I've always trusted his advice, and he has always encouraged me to ask any questions or share any concerns.
Clearly communicate any and all concerns/questions you may have, even if they may seem minor or even if Dr. Reichman does not bring them up.
Monitoring hours are difficult for everyone involved. I'm not sure if anything can be done about these procedures (whether the lab can push back their hours), but it's early in the morning, there's a packed waiting room full of women being called in large batches; it feels like a cattle call. Dr. Reichman is slightly more brusque and rushed during monitoring hours (understandably so). He is patient enough to answer all questions, but there's a lot of pressure and urgency to get undressed, dressed, and ask questions efficiently and succinctly.
During IVF, Dr. Reichman ordered a protocol of almost-daily monitoring (usually ultrasound and bloodwork). He was erring on the side of caution, which was a comfort, as I was at risk for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). He prescribed low dosages of Gonal-F and Menopur, increased dosage, then lowered dosage by 10-15 units according to my bloodwork each day. I injected the trigger shot on day 14. Fourteen eggs were retrieved two days later. Five embryos were cryopreserved, one was a fresh transfer on day 5. The embryo successfully implanted. He was very careful with my dosages to avoid OHSS and clearly explained the risks and possibilities.
My primary nurse is great overall. Most of the nursing staff at Weill-Cornell Tribeca are great; most were friendly, professional, and very kind. One nurse (name is slipping my mind) who regularly drew my blood was very kind in particular. I rarely saw my primary nurse and care coordinators in person, but they were available to me by phone. They are not responsive via email, phone is best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Feels like a cattle call some mornings, most mornings are very efficient and painless, overall staff is great--professional, friendly, efficient. You'll find the people you want to deal with on a regular basis.
Mostly efficient and convenient to my schedule (6:45-8:30 am). There were a few (mostly rare) occasions when it felt like a cattle call, long-ish wait, then rushed.
Had to pay out of pocket for all IUI treatments. There was a discount for same-day payments.
Yes, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended a transfer of a single embryo and explained the risks of multiple embryo transfer to my health and the embryo's chances of survival. I completely trusted his judgment and rationale. I appreciated that he is mission-driven and practices extreme caution. He wants to be able to deliver a healthy (as safe as possible) pregnancy, not a risky one.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman was awesome from our initial consultation. He is honest, informative and caring, while still being straight forward. He looked at the whole picture (diet, exercise, lifestyle factors) and really got honest with me about which ones I needed to work on (diet & exercise). He is positive and optimistic, but also realistic. ...He has a very strong understanding of fertility issues and is able to easily educate you on them.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I knew Dr. Reichman was the doctor I had been looking for immediately after our first visit. His office is neat and clean and bright. He is young and obviously extremely intelligent and progressive in his field. He has a very strong understanding of fertility issues and is able to easily educate you on them. He is compassionate and caring, while at the same time honest and direct.
JUST GO SEE HIM!
1st round - femara 5mg 5 days, femara 7.5 mg 5 days - 1 17mm follicle - negative pregnancy test 2nd round - femara 5mg 5 days, femara 7.5 mg 5 days - ovidrel - 1 17 mm follicle negative pregnancy. 3rd round - femara 7.5mg 5 days, menopur 125mm 8-10 days, ovidrel - positive pregnancy. progesterone suppository for 5 weeks until progesterone levels were consistently high!
I loved everyone at Weill Cornell Tribeca, from the two front desk office coordinators (hi guys!), to the ladies who drew my blood, too Rosa (Dr. Reichman's scheduler) to Hannah and the rest of his team. I really felt loved and supported and cared for! Plus the office is so nice and clean and efficient.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths - Clean, timely, well located if you live downtown. I was easily able to get in at 6:45am for my bloodwork and ultrasounds if needed and out in 20 - 30 minutes. Nice waiting area, with water and a good clean bathroom. Weaknesses- Can't really think of one?
Medications, ultrasound, bloodwork. Most was covered by insurance.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
In a season of life where things are uncertain and feel like a rollercoaster, Dr. Reichman was consistent, sympathetic, caring, and helpful. He was always thorough, present, and was interested in doing what we felt was best. He would provide suggestions/options for care, give his opinion, and then would tell me to talk with my husband and figure out what we felt was best for us. Obviously if there were really serious situations where there were no options this did not happen, but I was grateful for the fact that it was never "his way or the highway", so to speak. He listened and he cared. Dr. Reichman celebrated with us when we had triumphs and was caring and compassionate when we got bad news. I remember being so surprised when I received a call from him after miscarrying. He showed genuine concern for my well-being and the well-being of my husband. Though not a long conversation, the fact that he even took the time to call was so thoughtful. He was always present at appointments (meaning mentally), checked to make sure I was doing okay, made sure all my questions were answered, and went the extra mile to make sure things were seamless. Though monitoring was crazy and he saw probably close to 50 or more patients each morning, he was focused on my care and made my husband and I feel like we were his only patients. Basically, at the end of the day, I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Not only is he a brilliant doctor, but a kind and caring individual.
Get to know your nurse. She can be of help to you as well. Also, be open with your questions. Dr. Reichman is there and willing to help.
We had a few tough cycles, including our very first cycle where I got pregnant right away. Not only did Dr. Reichman celebrate with us each time we got good news, but would also mourn with us when we miscarried or had to cancel a cycle. He would call to check in to make sure I was okay on days we got bad news and we write emails of celebratory encouragement each time we got good news. He was always responsive when I reached out and took the time to answer any questions I had when I had appointments. I honestly felt like he really cared about the success of our family, and not just because it meant money or success for him. He actually cared that we received the result we were hoping to achieve and was willing to help us to anything to get there.
I don't really know how to recall most of this, other than I always was prepped with an estrogen patch and then was dosed for about 2 weeks. I was slow to grow so it always took longer. I used 75 Menopur, 250 gonal f, and 1 syringe cetrotide primarily and then usually used HCG as my trigger.
They were all very caring and aware. They knew who I was as soon as I walked in and would always make sure I had all the information I needed including appointments, medicine, etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Organized, on top of your meds, consents, and reminders to get certain things done. IVF teach class was helpful where you learned how to give each shot, etc. Sometimes I felt like they asked for payment at random times and without warning. There was no set date to pay, so sometimes I wasn't asked at all and other times it was before the cycle really had even started. Overall, all the doctors who monitored me (I saw different ones if I had to go in on a weekend) were compassionate and thorough. They gave you all the details you needed and explained likely next steps, etc.
It can be busy, but it was organized. The Tribeca office isn't as crazy as was UES office. On weekends, I would recommend going right at 630am to the UES (since Tribeca is closed) so you can be in and out. Otherwise, given the amount of women being monitored, you can be there for hours. Tribeca was always quick, organized, and efficient.
$16500 for IVF and ICSI
He had a strong preference for 1 until our 5 or so cycle, at which time he said we should give it a try, given how much money and time and energy we have poured into. I understand his rationale for 1. 2 is much more complex and dangerous. We transferred 1 2 times, and 2 twice.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman always explained me everything very patiently, was quite accommodating of my schedule and made sure to give me a personalized treatment....he was very accommodating of my schedule, on my first visit itself he proactively collected my medical history and always contextualized our conversation in light of every detail I mentioned...Dr. Reichman after carefully reviewing my medical history advised me to try IUI.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. David Reichman is the best doctor I ever had, very knowledgeable and skilled. I got success in my first IUI with him. The whole process seemed so much easier than I expected - he was very accommodating of my schedule, on my first visit itself he proactively collected my medical history and always contextualized our conversation in light of every detail I mentioned over email or in person, no extra medicines, no extra blood tests, it was all so perfectly timed that things worked out the first time itself! I can't be more thankful to him.
Trust Dr. Reichman! The process may itself seem daunting so adding an extra layer of worry wouldn't help.
Dr. Reichman always explained me everything very patiently, was quite accommodating of my schedule and made sure to give me a personalized treatment. He somehow always remembered every conversation we had over email or in person and it never needed any reminding from my side
When I first met Dr. Reichman, I explained him that my travel schedule may not allow me more than 3 trials and I was fine with going IVF route the first time itself, but Dr. Reichman after carefully reviewing my medical history advised me to try IUI. He clearly explained me the probability of success and time commitment it would require. Before the actual IUI procedure he timed the trigger shot very well such that it worked as per his suggested date and time of the procedure
Always called the same day with test results and explained them very well, very proactive with appointment scheduling for the next visit
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very organized - minimal wait times. I never had to wait more than 15 mins, most times I was seen right away. Though you would see a lot of people but clinic really honors the appointment schedule. Everyone from nurses to staff at the front desk have a very personable attitude
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Couldn’t say enough great things about Dr. Reichman, he’s young sharp and he’s a problem solver. No bs but treats his patients very well....Very good doctor best fertility doctor compared to the tons of unqualified doctors my friends have seen. He leaves no stone unturned and gives you real advice (stop working out all the time, drink less alcohol). He’s to the point but gets the job done. He has a great memory and remembers your specific case.
Investment Banker
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Very good doctor best fertility doctor compared to the tons of unqualified doctors my friends have seen. He leaves no stone unturned and gives you real advice (stop working out all the time, drink less alcohol). He’s to the point but gets the job done. He has a great memory and remembers your specific case. I am very lucky to have been referred to him by my obgyn and has success.
Show up informed, do your research under stand that treatment is both medical and lifestyle choices. Eat a healthy diet, take prenatals, maintain a heathy lifestyle. I see many patients expecting too much, there is a lot that is in your control. You have to drive your own outcome and be productive with your treatment.
After two natural miscarriages, we decided to move on to ivf. Low dosage stimulation with drugs resulted in 10+ eggs harvested. Several healthy embryos where formed and implanted one (frozen cycle). Very lucky first embryo took and resulted in healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses are super sharp at Weill Cornell wish they had nurses in TriBeCa office. Always responsive even if primary nurse is off. Difficult to get to upper east side office if you live downtown. Very nice and helpful nursing staff answers any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Top notch care, best doctors not the cheapest option in manhattan but the most advanced care. Tribeca office is fast, efficient and clean. Upper east side (main office) is packed at all hours even 6am on weekends.
Monitoring hours are very busy, come early or else at 9am you could have a decent wait.
30,000 for ivf, frozen cycle all drugs associated, full genetic testing on embryos. Freezing extra embryos, also paid a nurse to come to my apartment daily and administer all the ivf shots. Insurance paid zero ivf costs so paid for all of it.
Due to my age less than 35 one embryo was transferred. One embryo took and resulted in single healthy pregnancy. Unless you are older or have several failed attempts I believe one is the best number.
Tribeca
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I saw him [Dr. David Reichman] after trying to conceive for 3 years, seeing other specialists and suffering two miscarriages. Dr. Reichman took a very close look at why I was miscarrying and noticed two separate issues that other doctors had missed. He fixed both problems so that when we decided to do IVF, I had the best chances of it working. Dr. Reichman has an excellent bedside manner, but even more than that, he is extremely knowledgeable and precise.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Reichman! He is right up there with the very best reproductive specialists in his field i.e., Dr. Schoolcraft at Colorado. I saw him after trying to conceive for 3 years, seeing other specialists and suffering two miscarriages. Dr. Reichman took a very close look at why I was miscarrying and noticed two separate issues that other doctors had missed. He fixed both problems so that when we decided to do IVF, I had the best chances of it working. Dr. Reichman has an excellent bedside manner, but even more than that, he is extremely knowledgeable and precise. He is responsive and will make time to answer all of your questions. Dr. Reichman helped me successfully conceive on the first try with IVF. I know I would not have a baby boy today had I not met Dr. Reichman when I did. I don't normally write reviews but want other woman in search of an amazing doctor to know really great help does exist.
Don't wait any longer, see Dr. Reichman if you are having trouble conceiving. He is the best in his field.
Dr. Reichman was empathetic, considerate and went above and beyond to give the best care possible. He was completely committed to getting me pregnant and explored all potential issues, while fixing many things that other specialists missed. He is very smart and dedicated to his work; seeing that patients get the best care.
Dr. Reichman noticed I had scar tissue blocking my fallopian tubes so he removed that, followed by IVF transfer, 5 day frozen embryo. He also recommended genetic testing after I suffered from 2 miscarriages at age 38. IVF was successful on the first try.
Wonderful! Pleasant, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic offered incredible treatment from start to finish. The facility was clean and organized. I never waited more than 20 minutes for an appointment and often went right in. I would highly recommend to a new patient.
The treatment wad $30,000 out of pocket because insurance did not cover Dr. Reichman but I wanted to see him anyway because he was so good!
Dr. Reichman suggested 1 embryo, frozen, non medicated transfer.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman was just wonderful. From the beginning, he took into account my specific situation and goals, and we came up with an action plan together. He doesn’t sugarcoat and manages expectations realistically, which I appreciated tremendously. He also was incredibly responsive to all of my questions and concerns...Dr. Reichman is smart, skilled and just plain great at what he does. He’s extremely compassionate and caring.
European, Latino
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is smart, skilled and just plain great at what he does. He’s extremely compassionate and caring. When my first 2 transfers didn’t take (with other doctors that were scheduled on those days), Dr. Reichman made sure to perform my third transfer himself, and now I have a wonderful baby boy as a result. Dr. Reichman never hesitates to level with you (always with compassion) about what’s going on and what you’re expectations should be. I loved that about him, but you must be prepared to potentially face hard truths. One last thing... Dr. Reichman is incredibly responsive by email, which is wonderful considering the number of questions that can come up as part of the process.
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment with him and take his advice on a plan of action!
I don’t remember the specifics too well, but we decided up front that, given my age and desire for multiple children, we would commit to at least two egg retrieval cycles and freeze them all (following PGS) before attempting any transfers. I did those cycles back to back, and the protocol was slightly adjusted for the second based on the first cycle’s results. I immediately began my transfer cycles after my 2 retrieval cycles, and unfortunately the first two transfers didn’t take (they were natural transfers - single embryo). For the third transfer (also single embryo), we adjusted the protocol slightly by using estrogen patches and including an HCG trigger shot just before the transfer. That was the ultimately successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My primary nurse was wonderful - she clearly communicated my protocol and dosages and was extremely caring. Whenever I interacted with other nurses at the clinic, they were wonderful and kind as well.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is large, which I think is a strength, because they see so many cases per year and have a vast amount of experience. The downside is that you may feel a bit like you’re in a factory, particularly during monitoring hours. The Tribeca office is a great compromise because it has the benefits of the large clinic but is smaller than the main uptown office and feels a bit more personal.
It was an efficiently run window, but there are a lot of women. I tended to go early (like 6:30am) to avoid the 8:30 glut where waits tend to be longer.

IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
I came to Dr. Reichman after having been diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome for the second time, resulting in thin uterine lining and fluid in the lining...Dr. Reichman is very kind and caring...I also liked his bedside manner...My husband had pushed for Dr. Reichman to work with another doctor and I think Dr. Reichman liked this plan too since he wanted what he was seeing to be confirmed by a colleague. This hysteroscopy went smoothly - the big scar on the left was removed and a balloon was placed.
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman after having been diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome (intrauterine scarring resulting from a D&C and/or c-section) for the second time, resulting in thin uterine lining and fluid in the lining. I had just done two FETs that were unsuccessful and wasn't sure what to do next since my embryos were in DC and I was living in NYC and felt like maybe I needed more extensive treatments and didn't want to travel to DC for them. Dr. Reichman was great about taking over my case and helping me feel like I wasn't alone in my struggles. He determined that I needed to have another hysteroscopy because the shape of my uterus was still abnormal and he thought that another hysteroscopy might fix the thinness issue and fluid issue (I had already had 4 hysteroscopies at this point - complicated story). I was hopeful that removing any remaining scarring would solve the issues. Another doctor I had seen for 3 of the previous hysteroscopies didn't think that removing additional scarring would help. He thought the uterus was good enough as is structurally but that I was now having a functional issue with my response to estrogen. I was willing to go with Dr. Reichman's plan since I had just had 2 unsuccessful FETs after working on the functional issue with estrogen therapy and wanted to try something new. Dr. Reichman did my 5th hysteroscopy. It did not go as planned. Dr. Reichman said my uterus was completely scarred shut, he didn't cut away any scars because it was too risky, and he couldn't place even a pediatric balloon in there. I was so so upset about this result. I mean I knew I had some scarring on the left side but I didn't think it was that severe - had I really just done 2 FETs of good embryos to a uterus that was completely scarred shut? We decided to do a 6th hysteroscopy with Dr. Reichman and his colleague Dr. Schattman one month later. I think Dr. Reichman liked the plan of collaborating with Dr. Schattman since he wanted what he was seeing to be confirmed by a colleague. This hysteroscopy went well - the big scar on the left that we knew about was removed and a balloon was placed. The second procedure at Cornell was successful in that my uterus appeared to be a normal shape one month later on saline ultrasound. However, after taking letrozole for a month and then clomid the following month to see what my lining would look like at ovulation time (a mock natural cycle), it was determined that there was nothing left to do about my thin uterine lining and fluid issues. If my lining had looked good either of those cycles, we would have scheduled another FET. Because it didn't look good (4mm-ish plus fluid), my husband and I had sex around ovulation (no pregnancy resulting). I think Dr. Reichman didn't actually go into my uterus during that first hysteroscopy; I think he went into the muscle under my uterus (something called a "false passage"). I brought this up after the first hysteroscopy with him and he didn't think that was what happened. And we didn't really talk about it after the second hysteroscopy. I think we were both just really hopeful that the second hysteroscopy would fix my problems. Oh my goodness. Doctors are really just people and hysteroscopies are mysteries. All I know is that I was counseled to pursue a gestational carrier during those dark days after the first hysteroscopy and that was actually a good thing because I started the process of coming to terms with my uterus really not being something that I can fix. Wish we'd had better results, but I think I've tried the functional issue approach and I've tried the structural issue approach and neither seems to have worked so I am moving on. In summary, I didn't get the results I wanted, but I still think Dr. Reichman is a good doctor and a good person too.
I don't have any advice. He's great because he's very accessible but also part of a state of the art practice.
Dr. Reichman is very kind and caring. I went to him because a friend recommended him. She liked his bedside manner. I also liked his bedside manner. I could tell that our visits truly affected him and that he felt genuinely sad for me when he had to give me bad news. I think he teared up while talking to me and said some really nice things like "You will get your second child." It was all very human. And the Cornell practice overall felt like a state of the art facility plus individualized care so that's a great combo.
I think I described them above.
I didn't really deal with the nursing staff that much. I mostly communicated directly with Dr. Reichman in person or over email for my issues. I actually went to Dr. Reichman specifically because I wanted ONE person who would be dealing with my thin uterine lining plus fluid situation. I was really tired of seeing different doctors and nurses each of whom would invariably say something different and bad about my uterus and didn't really understand my medical history.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I'm repeating myself - I think the strength of a place like Cornell is that you are going to get a lot of individualized attention from your doctor plus a state of the art medical facility. Also the doctors there confer with each other which is great. You really can't go wrong at Cornell.
Most of my treatments were medical (Asherman's Syndrome) and not ART and therefore covered by my insurance. Cornell happens to be covered but not in-network so I was paying higher co-pays, etc. Also we switched insurance mid-year and had to meet our deductible so I did end up paying several thousand dollars for my care (the hysteroscopies were about $500 each), but it was not unreasonable.
I believe Dr. Reichman is pro eSET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Reichman really took the time to talk us through all of our options and helped us make difficult decisions. I felt like I received a very high level of care. I liked that he was more cautious than other Drs. He gave us personal attention and took the time to talk by phone and email when we had any questions, I'd recommend to anyone...Due to my age, 41, he recommended a low dose IVF protocol. Due to low ovarian reserve and a low retrieval rate, we did ICSI as recommended. Originally, we were planning on freezing embryos from several retrievals, but because my fibroid started growing larger during several IVF cycles,Dr. Reichman recommended switching to a fresh transfer, which we did. We converted several IVF cycles to IUI to try to balance our financial issues and insurance coverage with the prospect of a good IVF cycle.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all of your questions.
Dr. Reichman was always warm, honest and got to know us. He took the time to talk us through different options and concerns. He was supportive when we encountered challenges.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Evangeline Iwu & Jen Greene)
Both our IUI and IVF nurses called us every day with results and Drs instructions. Both were very helpful with handling medication issues with the insurer and pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was impressed with the level of care and professionalism of everyone we worked with at Cornell! The TriBeCa office and Dr. Reichman provided a more personal experience that the UES location, but was closed on weekends and holidays, at which times we'd go to the UES location.
My primary insurance covered diagnostic tests and ART not including IVF. After 6 months of treatment, I got another insurance that covered IVF. Out of pocket I spent about $9,000 over the course of 1 year.
Due to my age, 41, and the fact that we didn't do PGS, Dr Reichman recommended transferring all 3 of the day 3 embryos we retrieved and fertilized.
Tribeca

Once, there was a power outage, and patient records were not available. However, Dr. Reichman needed no prompting about my history or circumstance, even despite seeing multiple patients an hour at an ungodly time. Another time, my husband was late to my first ultra sound hearing the heartbeat. He quickly repeated it since my husband made the trip from work. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Reichman's care, professionalism and results...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I always felt I was treated as individual. Dr. Reichman was always personable and offered clear explanations. I especially appreciated his detail to follow up and quick responses with emails and immediate concerns. He presents a caring and understanding bedside manner. I felt I was in good hands immediately, especially after transferring from RMA where I did not feel comfortable at all. He has a natural instinct with patients and a sincere temperament during some very emotionally trying times.
Prepare your questions in advanced or your appointments. Know that he always follows up on email correspondence usually in less than 24 hours. Trust his instincts with your care, but don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Reichman is an amazing doctor. You never feel rushed or like just a number. He is always personable, lending an ear for questions or concerns and available for questions during and after your appointment. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are cared for and understand procedures and process. Once, there was a power outage, and patient records were not available. However, Dr. Reichman needed no prompting about my history or circumstance, even despite seeing multiple patients an hour at an ungodly time. Another time, my husband was late to my first ultra sound hearing the heartbeat. He quickly repeated it since my husband made the trip from work. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Reichman's care, professionalism and results.
We did 3 IUI cycles though we know it was a low probability of working. Dr. Reichman honored my desire to try every approach necessary even when we knew ultimately IVF was most likely the best route, He was supportive to my choices but made his opinion known. IVF using ICSI was inevitably the successful approach. He monitored my medications closely and, in my opinion, successfully with minimal issues. I did experience abdominal pain due to swollen ovaries for nearly a month after retrieval, but with 22 eggs retrieved, all mature, I imagine it's all normal. As our issues was male factor infertility, I was not put on any additional medications through IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Green)
My main nurse was not the nurse who treated me as I was in the Tribeca location. However, she was the one I communicated with regarding results and medications. She was very helpful when available, but often I would need to speak with another nurse as schedules seemed to fluctuate.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Be prepared to wait 15 minutes sometimes longer, but always be on time...actually early because the building has security that can delay you. Also, request a card to sign in as soon as possible. Dr. Reichman was always sincerely apologetic when he was running behind, but he also accommodated me at my last appointment when I got the time wrong. I never felt inconvenienced, as waiting at a doctors is protocol.
Insurance covered just over 1/2. IVF cost $10,000 out of pocket not including monitoring charges which added to an additional $1500 out of pocket.

7 Eggs Frozen
7 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Going through this process was an emotional and exhausting experience. Dr. Reichman did his best to help me understand what I would experience and provided me with realistic expectations. I felt fortunate that I was able to email him with any questions because things move quickly in the appointments and I would generally think of things after I left. I never worried that I wouldn't hear from him or a nurse to put me at ease.
I would say come prepared with questions written down. He is more than happy to go through everything with you, but it helps to be prepared.
Dr. Reichman is kind, caring, and willing to answer all of your questions. He responds to emails quickly and thoroughly and never rushes you out of the examination. I truly felt like he had my best interest at heart. Obviously, doctors in that situation can't tell you what to do, but Dr. Reichman would say, "If it were my wife, this is what I would suggest..." This statement truly brought me comfort and made me feel like I was in good hands.
I went in to freeze my eggs. It turned out that I had a very low AMH. At the time I had been on birth control for over 15 years. Dr. Reichman suggested that I go of for a month and then retest my AHM. I did and it went up so we moved ahead. I was prescribed 150 of Menopur and 200 of Gonal. My Menopur stayed the same and my Gonal went up to 300 throughout my treatment. I also used 1 Ganirelex and a trigger shot. After my procedure, which yielded 10 eggs and 7 that they were able to freeze, I felt concerned that maybe I should have waited a little longer to see if my AMH went up more. Dr. Reichman could tell that it was really bothering me. He suggested that I get it tested after about 3 months. I did and It actually went up significantly. Unfortunately, my insurance did not cover the procedure, and being a teacher, I couldn't afford to do another cycle. I wish I had waited a little longer, but this is not a situation that can be predicted.
I was always able to call with questions. Someone always got back to me in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is small and it was nice to always see Dr. Reichman for monitoring hours. I never waited very long for monitoring and blood work. I live all the way uptown, but Dr. Reichman felt strongly about being the one to see me and I appreciated that.
Monitoring hours were never painful. I live all the way uptown and couldn't be late to school, so I wold make sure to get there early. I was usually in and out quickly and at work on time after each visit. I also always saw Dr. Reichman at my appointments, which helped ease my anxiety and feel confident that he was giving me the best treatment possible.
I think I spent about $10,000. My medications were covered, but that was it.
Tribeca

Be prepared: He's [Dr. David Reichman] blunt, and he looks young, but wow does he know his stuff. He was able to offer new options that were just being published about, and explain exactly why those options would work in my case...No one likes to hear that they are fat: even if its the truth, its hurts. It hurts more when you hear that your weight is the barrier to you getting pregnant. Did I need to hear it to get the swift kick in the pants to make a change IMMEDIATELY? Yes. Did I like hearing it? No. I was pretty devastated for a day or so, but I appreciated his honesty vs sugar coating things. After that first conversation, we knew exactly what steps we were going to take to get me pregnant, and at what point we'd move on to Option B. He was very available, and I had his email address and cell # from Day 1. I actually emailed him on the Saturday morning after taking a pregnancy test that was positive, and he responded immediately to come in without an appointment on Monday morning. Every time we had test results (blood tests for pregnancy & then genetic testing), he called me personally. I sincerely appreciated that.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be prepared: He's blunt, and he looks young, but wow does he know his stuff. He was able to offer new options that were just being published about, and explain exactly why those options would work in my case.
I was truly shocked that on our first visit, he sat down with my husband and I for SO long to get our family medical histories. He was BLUNT but caring, and took a lot of time to explain options.
We did a course of meds to help me have a period (I forget the name) and then metrozole + metformin (25mg?). The logic for metrozole over Clomid came from studies that were showing better results in women with an elevated BMI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Evangeline)
Evangeline was so great - from answering any crazy questions I had to helping me call pharmacies all over the city to find a special medicine she wanted me on after my positive pregnancy test. I sincerely enjoyed having her participate in my care.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The waiting room just smells like desperation. Be prepared for that; I was shocked. Everything else is great.
I paid regular co-pay fees (maybe $20 each time?) but then everything was covered through my insurance.

3 IUI, IVF
We trusted Dr. Reichman implicitly and felt so much support and care from him and his team. Dr. Reichman was truly invested in our journey and we loved his communication style, bed side manner and general care. He weighs out all of the options in a very upfront and honest way, while providing data driven advise and support. I cannot say enough amazing things about Dr. Reichman. It was a very, very bitter sweet day the day we graduated from his practice!!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust him and follow his lead!!
Every single person in the tribeca office showed so much support and concern and really felt like an extended family. While this is a very personal and emotional process, there was constant support paired with the best care from the tribeca office.
We did 3 retrievals with pgs and icsi, one natural frozen transfer and one medicated frozen transfer, all under Dr. Reichman’s direction
Hannah and the whole nursing team were amazing! So caring and supporting and always available for any questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Going to the tribeca office was such an incredible experience. You get the benefit of being apart of a large research institution, but the intimate feel of a small practice. I knew everyone that worked in the office and everyone was very kind and caring.
For 3 retrievals and 2 transfers we have spent a total of about $80k
Due to age and strength of embryos Dr reichman suggested an eset

Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
We first underwent a uterine septum repair and polypectomy. Then, we underwent 8 IUI cycles, 3 of which we used clomid. ... We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Dr. Reichman. It was a difficult and long journey and we felt we were in the best hands the entire time. ... He is also warm, funny, and caring, and made the experience of being in the office almost every morning as pleasant as possible
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Dr. Reichman. It was a difficult and long journey and we felt we were in the best hands the entire time. He is extremely knowledgable and we trusted him completely. He is also warm, funny, and caring, and made the experience of being in the office almost every morning as pleasant as possible
You will be in the best hands.
Dr. Reichman has been absolutely wonderful- he both has a warm bedside manner, but is also honest, very informative, and provides realistic expectations
We first underwent a uterine septum repair and polypectomy. Then, we underwent 8 IUI cycles, 3 of which we used clomid. Eventually, we underwent one cycle of IVF and one subsequent embryo transfer that was successful.
She is communicative, extremely organized, and knowledgeable. She was always available for us to ask any questions at any time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic staff was always extremely welcoming and lovely. We appreciated every one of them. The weaknesses include billing issues that we are still trying to resolve, months after we have finished treatment.
We never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes at the Tribeca office. The monitoring hours were very convenient for our work schedule
The costs themselves were based on our insurance coverage and we luckily had fairly good coverage
He informed us of the benefits/risks and left the final decision up to us.

5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Reichman is a thorough communicator, kind and gets to know his patients. He gave me all of the information and took time to understand my goals and I felt empowered to make the decision that was best for me. I try not to bother him with all of my questions and often will call the nurse, but he will often be the one to respond. I am shocked at how he can manage to remember all of his patients.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He looks young but he is a great doctor I have recommended him to other friends.
Dr. Reichman is kind and professional and takes time to answer questions and understand my goals. He is great at going through the options, giving me the information and letting me decide.
i love all of the nursing staff - they always ask how i am doing, are kind and patient. really impressed by the practice.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is efficient, well organized, clean and comfortable. The staff are great. And I can imagine you might be surprised by the amount of people in the waiting room, but they have a great system in place and you never have to wait too long.
monitoring was an organized and well run process and they often would advise me on the best time to come when the wait would be the shortest. But even if i came at a different time the wait was never too long. It worked well with my busy work schedule.
Tribeca

Dr. REichman was absolutely fantastic and always made me feel like he knew me. ... I am under 35 so Dr. Reichman recommended a single transfer. We didn't even consider two... ... He was always present at every monitoring appointment and always new who I was. He was empathetic but also direct in his advice. His confidence was infectious. ... For the IVF we were doing a fresh transfer so he tried to get as many eggs as possible without hyper-stimulating
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I loved Dr. Reichman. He was always present at every monitoring appointment and always new who I was. He was empathetic but also direct in his advice. His confidence was infectious. I had two other doctors at two other clinics and no one compared.
Just try to get an appointment!
Dr. REichman was absolutely fantastic and always made me feel like he knew me.
I had 10 failed cycles with different medicines (clomid, injectibles etc.) when I switched to Reichman. While I was doing all of the necessary pre-op stuff for IVF we did one more Clomid + IUI that was unsuccessful. For the IVF we were doing a fresh transfer so he tried to get as many eggs as possible without hyper-stimulating when the egg was transferred. All went well and the transfer was successful.
They were all great from drawing blood to calling daily with instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic at Tribeca is great. I never had to wait too long for blood drawing or ultrasound. The space is new and really nice/clean. The front desk staff basically knows your name from the first time you go, which is also great and makes you feel safe.
overall great. ultrasounds were relatively painless and happened quickly (as opposed to some other places I went..)
costs seemed pretty standard and in-line with other clinics. Was covered by insurance for me so I am not exactly sure.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman was thorough and communicative. He explained procedures and options in detail. I am currently pregnant with our first child from our first ivf so I am obviously overjoyed at the result. I have recommended him to friends and colleagues....Dr. Reichman did a single embryo transfer because I had a good quality 5 day blast. He was concerned about multiples as i have lupus. He was conservative but mindful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman can be candid but is defintely caring.
Dr. Reichman was straight forward but compassionate and optimistic. When I received my positive beta he was overjoyed for my husband and myself.
I did 1 medicated iui which was u successful after that we moved to ivf with icsi. We did a 5 day fresh transfer with remaining embryos pgs tested. I was on estrogen primed anatogonist protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
You do have different nurses call with instructions which can be a little distracting but they were always good about calling and answering my questions. I had a smooth process getting meds and refills
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is very large so it can be overwhelming coming from a smaller clinic. However, things ran smoothly and I knew I was in good hands. Billing for pretty well explained and handled. Monitoring appointments were before work which made life much easier for me.
I was covered mostly by insurance but paid out of pocket for icsi and pgd and embryo storage
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman is an extremely knowledgeable doctor. I always felt comfortable with him. He is respectful, confident and kind. He had a plan in place and when times called for further testing and investigation he thoroughly discussed my options with me. He was available via email throughout the day and responded when he could...We started with Letrozole 2.5mg and timed intercourse with frequent ultrasounds. I didn't respond to Letrozole 2.5mg, but I did respond to 5mg. I recieved an HCG shot and got pregnant with timed intercouse.
Don't hesitate!
Very nice man. Great bedside manner. Never made me feel anxious or uncomfortable. He was confident but also empathetic. Very smart.
Returned calls same day. Always pleasant and friendly in the clinic.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic was clean and reasonably sized. I've seen other clinics that were crowded and huge. I appreciated that although this is a big clinic in NYC it had a smaller feel to it. I felt like people remembered me when I came in (the doctor, nurses and front desk) which made the experience better as well.
My insurance covered my care with Dr. Reichman.

5 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Reichman is one of the best doctors out there. He is very knowledgeable, caring and trustworthy. We transferred from RMA to Cornell last fall and are almost six months pregnant with our first. He was able to diagnois us on our first appointment and gave us a realistic plan. We are very grateful and lucky to have found him. ...
5 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Try to relax during treatments. Acupunture once a week I believed helped me. Don't have too many expectations for the first round of IVF and trust your doctor.
Hannah and the nursing staff was amazing. They would respond to my questions very quickly. They are all very professional, caring and friendly. The front desk was always very welcoming and organized.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a very good experience with the clinic. The fertility process is very emotional and stressful. I felt like that the entire staff were all very aware of that and tried their best to give you a good experience.
Most of the time it was very fast and efficient. I liked to go towards the end of monitoring hours which was around 8:30am.
2 IUIs, 2 IVFs, 1 embryo transfer Total was between $40 to 50K
Tribeca
[Dr. David Reichman] Treated me very much like a human, always remembered my case and treated me with kindness and compassion.... I could not recommend him more highly. There is truly something to be said for the continuity and personalized care you feel you are getting by seeing the same doctor each time. He is amazing and delivered.... Dr reichman’s nurse Hannah is excellent. Friendly, kind and very easy to get results from and actually reach on the phone with questions. Super responsive.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I could not recommend him more highly. There is truly something to be said for the continuity and personalized care you feel you are getting by seeing the same doctor each time. He is amazing and delivered. I’m pregnant!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Getting started felt like a big bureaucracy and I had lots of questions regarding insurance and things that were often difficult to get quick answers to. But, it was just because they efficiently get it all done behind the scenes. So all good in the end but stressful at first. You have to just trust that they’re taking care of medication pre authorizations, etc. Monitoring was quick and easy and the tribeca nurses are great.
Well oiled machine 6:30-8:30. Is often go right at 8:25 and never waited long. The weekends you must go to the UES. It’s a longer wait.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman was cautiously optimistic and presented me with positive and negative what if’s. He was realistic and guided me to measure my expectations. He was very kind and supportive. He explained everything and respected my lack of knowledge in this field....He actually remembered who I was without referring to a chart....The plan was to proceed without medication, especially after tests showed that my body was functioning exceptionally. If the first IUI was unsuccessful, I would have a D&C, proceed with medication. The D&C was due to build up in keep uterus (at least that was my understanding).
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don’t be afraid to ask him anything.
He actually remembered who I was without referring to a chart.
The plan was to proceed without medication, especially after tests showed that my body was functioning exceptionally. If the first IUI was unsuccessful, I would have a D&C, proceed with medication. The D&C was due to build up in keep uterus (at least that was my understanding). Also, I have a fibroid he was concerned marginally with. IVF would be our last ditch effort.
They were kind and nurturing especially when I came by to be monitored and especially when drawing blood.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very clean and nicely decorated, if the latter is important to you. The magazine selection is good, too. The hours work with yours, as well. The clinic is easily accessible by public transportation.
I have the blessing to work for a company that included fertility treatments as part of its health benefits. At this point, I had met my deductible and incurred no or little out of pocket costs.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman is incredibly personable and genuine. He always seemed present and I never felt rushed.... I felt like I was in the best care possible when I was treated by Dr. Reichman. He is very knowledgeable and has great bed side manner-he gives you the facts in terms you can understand but is also very compassionate.... I was instructed to cut back on working out and gain a few pounds. 5 months of blood work and monitoring. 3 months of trigger shots and clomid. Successfully conceived on 3rd try without further intervention.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with questions and don’t be afraid to ask them. He always made time to answer my questions thoroughly.
The nurses were always very friendly and organized.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The office itself is beautiful and clean. Appointments tend to run 10-15 minutes late, however, Dr. Reichman was always apologetic if he was running late. The front desk staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient.
Co pay for each visit with Dr Reichman. Around $125 for each trigger shot. Insurance covered clomid almost completely.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
[Dr. David Reichman was] constantly accessible, answered every question, patient, called a number of times to make sure we went over each step and walked me through concerned risks. Never made me wait at appointments...Gonal f 150 first two nights, then 100, then 75, last 3 nights at 50. Menopur 75 every night Ganilrelex started on night 4 Responded well.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Thoughtful, accessible, patient, upfront, listened to my thoughts/ideas without judgement, supportive. Great team of nurses, allowed me to email them any time. Dr emails with me, as well. All this provides comfort to my mind as the process can be so daunting.
Tell him everything, don't be shy to ask small/"silly" questions.
Constantly accessible, answered every question, patient, called a number of times to make sure we went over each step and walked me through concerned risks. Never made me wait at appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer green)
Instructions were clear, calm and easy. She checked in with Dr, communicated often with me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Highly efficient, professional, organized. Appointment times easy, no long waiting.
Super efficient. Was in and out in 30 minutes. Had blood work and ultrasound, one quickly after the other.
Insurance covered 80% of meds. Paid $1700 for them. IVF total cost: 13k
Tribeca

I saw Dr. Reichman each time I went for an office visit. Dr. Reichman was also very responsive to emails. Any questions we had, we could email him directly and he would respond quickly....Dr. Reichman was very knowledgeable and caring. He wanted me to go straight to IVF but I wanted to try a couple of rounds of IUI first, he was supportive of it but was realistic with my expectations...He may be blunt at times and you may feel hurried but he has your best interests at heart.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Clomid (1st round IUI). Clomid and Gonal F / Follistim (2nd round IUI). Both were negative cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Since Dr. Reichman was a very busy doctor, we felt that the nurses were overwhelmed at times. They would take a while to get back to me if I had any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We liked Weill Cornell's modern facilities. The uptown location gets very busy, and there may be some wait time but not bad. Dr. Reichman's location in Tribeca was busy but wait time was not so much of an issue.
Under $1,000 for IUI and procedures done prior to IUI.
Tribeca

Dr. R New what he was doing. He [Dr. Reichman] was very efficient about the whole process...The doctor remembered my history without having to read from notes....You won’t see so much of him, because most of your treatment is blood tests and scans and the IUI, which is not even done by him. But he manages everything....lots of early morning appointments so you don’t need to miss work....The nursing staff was competent and warm.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. R New what he was doing. He was very efficient about the whole process, and was ready to do the IUI before I had even chosen a donor, by which I mean he was faster about the process than even I was.
All the staff knew my name. The doctor remembered my history without having to read from notes.
The nursing staff was competent and warm. The receptionists were competent but seemed irked at having to do their job.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They, along with NYU, are the two NYC fertility powerhouses. Mass processing means efficiency and a system that includes lots of early morning appointments so you don’t need to miss work. I don’t think a “personal touch” matters as much as a good system that gets you tested and monitored and pregnant. Weill is very good at what it does.
Insurance covered 100% of my two IUS. Tiny lab co-pays (eg $20). My only out of pocket expense was the Sperm itself and shipping it.
Tribeca

Dr Reichman was present in my exams and did them himself unlike my prior Dr who was very difficult to talk to. The treatment was always personalized, clear and he took the time to answer all our questions...Dr Reichman is a very professional Dr, practical and caring. He was straight forward with us and did the best according to our specific circumstances. We wish we would have started with him, we would had saved a lot of time, energy and emotional difficulty.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Listen to him, ask a lot of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
They were patient and very clear, I received calls from my nurse after every visit explaining exactly what have to do next. She was always very nice and personal.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic works efficiently. There are quite a few patients but everyone gets enough time with their Dr. The stuff is nice and well prepared. Sometimes is fast, others there is some waiting time. Routine visits are always very early in the morning.
They are very early in the morning and you have to give yourself time because it could be a fast process or not so much. The Dr always very nice and respond all our questions.
$15,000 per one full cycle: monitoring, retrieval, and transfer. Drugs are aside.

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Reichman gets to know his patients as individuals. ... Dr. Reichman is not the most outwardly warm doctor; however, he takes the time to get to know each patient and develop a relationship with them. I always trusted that he had my best interests at heart and that he was invested in my success. ... Because we did PGS testing, Dr. Reichman strongly encouraged the transfer of one embryo at a time.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman gets to know his patients as individuals.
The nursing staff were helpful and always available when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is a big clinic, but because they see so many patients they are fantastic at gathering data and are on the forefront of innovation. I didn't mind that the clinic was sometimes crowded; if anything, it signaled to me that it is a highly sought after clinic and that they are willing to take on any case.
Monitoring appointments were done in the mornings and were efficiently run. Dr. Reichman encourages his patients to come on the earlier side - when i did so, the wait was short and it was extremely efficient.
Tribeca

Great bedside manner. I was emotional in one of our conversations and I saw his [Dr. Reichman] eyes tear up with me as well. It meant a lot to know that he really connected with what I was going through. ... He’s great and we’ve had a good experience with him. He’s offered solutions and adjusted the course of treatment as we’ve gone along the ways He’s also very responsive. ... Due to my age, he only recommends one.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He’s great and we’ve had a good experience with him. He’s offered solutions and adjusted the course of treatment as we’ve gone along the ways He’s also very responsive.The rest of clinic could be better. There were some mishaps and mixups with communication between ththe two offices.
Great bedside manner. I was emotional in one of our conversations and I saw his eyes tear up with me as well. It meant a lot to know that he really connected with what I was going through.
The nurses are great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The only issues we’ve had have been with the people working in the endrogy lab. They constantly lose paperwork and are all very young. There was also a fellow who performed a routine ultrasound who had no idea what she was doing. Otherwise the clinic is good.
One round of IVF was around 11k. Meds were about 4.5k
Due to my age, he only recommends one.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman was very sure of how he would treat the issue we had. He patiently answered all our questions in his office and also via emails, treated well and delivered results!... Dr. Reichman knows the subject well. He was very courteous. He starts seeing the patients from 6:45AM. So, we could easily schedule appointments before our office hours. We recommend him to everyone.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be prepared with a list of questions to ask him. He is generally busy - so if you are prepared, you will make the best use of the appointments.
We used IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
We felt that the support staff a bit stretched and rushed. Please add more staff.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very clean and organized. The front desk is amazing. The clinic needs more nurses to discuss the test results, etc. without being rushed. The clinic downtown near WTC is rightly located and easily accessible.
There were no issues here.
We used IUI
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman cares deeply about his patients and takes time to learn about their goals and create a tailored fertility program. He's very prompt to appointments and able to be flexible depending on patient needs and unexpected happenings during a cycle...Ask lots of questions. He's so busy that you have to make sure you take the initiative to have all of the information you need.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is empathetic, transparent, and realistic.
I was timid, so we started with the least invasive treatment options and worked our way from there as my comfort level grew. Dr. Reichman never pressured me and always made sure I understood my options and had all of the facts.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's clean, comfortable, and usually very prompt. They have a large team and all really seem to care.
We've only done IUI's and our largest costs were on fertility medications.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Dr.Reichman is extremely knowledgeable and professional. He is very straightforward and compassionate at the same time. I felt he provided me with the best options during the treatments and he made sure I was fully informed at every step of the process. I have seen him during all the appointments and I never felt he was rushed.... Weill Cornell Tribeca Office is great. Front desk staff were always helpful and friendly and I never had to wait long.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would recommend to trust him as he knows what he’s doing
Fsh + Antagonist
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca Office is great. Front desk staff were always helpful and friendly and I never had to wait long. Unfortunately during the weekends the monitoring takes place in the UES location which is a little more crowded.
Each IVF cycle with the genetic testing costs around 25k , medications included

3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Reichman takes the time to get to know each of his patients. He shares the details of the chosen procedure and allows ample time to ask questions as well as provides his email for follow up questions.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a kind and passionate doctor. He makes sure to listen to what you have to say and will take the time to explain any concerns you may have.
Upper East Side

IUI, 5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Given the age, he [Dr. Reichman] told us we needed to try IVF as soon as possible and had Genetic testing. After second cycle was done, reconsidering some embryos were gone while waiting genetic testing, we changed plan to fresh transfer and finally made it...He said that He would do whatever he can do. It was impressive and encouraging us...He analyzed our situation and explained what to do concisely. He always encouraged us and proposed several solutions. We didn’t give up since he gave us hope based on his proper analysis.(he also said if we need to give up, he would let us know to be honest)
IUI, 5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Please calm down and listen to his advice carefully.
We tried several time but couldn’t make it. He said that He would do whatever he can do. It was impressive and encouraging us.
Given the age, he told us we needed to try IVF as soon as possible and had Genetic testing. After second cycle was done, reconsidering some embryos were gone while waiting genetic testing, we changed plan to fresh transfer and finally made it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hanna)
They always care properly and promptly. Respond our requests and questions. Very knowledgeable and well experienced.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The treatment process was very organized and sophisticated. Inquiries by email was responded accordingly and promptly. there was no issue to have a treatment. But, the billing system sometimes didn’t work well and we needed to go back and forth such as claim forms and bill statement.
140,000 including medications instructed by Dr. Reichman
We had twins , which we were more than happy to have, if you don’t mind twins, We positively accept it