Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolCornell
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipCornell
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Reichman to a friend?
9.8

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2018 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Tribeca

We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).
Tribeca

front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K

2017 - 2020
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
[Dr. Reichman] recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach...always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history...He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
We did IVF with PGS testing [at Weill Cornell Medical College] due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary...Very competent nurses and team...The Tribeca office is great. I always went early in the morning so I wouldn’t have to miss work and generally didn’t have to wait very long at all. I almost always saw Dr. Reichman directly. The uptown office is larger and was more of a wait, but if you get there early it is fine. All of the doctors who I saw were great.
2017 - 2020
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best RE out there. I always felt 100% confident that he was knowledgeable and well-informed with regard to my treatment, and that he was giving me advice with the best intention. He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
Go to him! I initially went because a friend recommended him, and have since recommended him to several of my own friends. Everyone I know who has gone to him has said he is a great doctor.
Dr. Reichman always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history.
We did IVF with PGS testing due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary.
Very competent nurses and team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The uptown Weill Cornell office is pretty large and gets busy but I really like the Tribeca location where Dr. Reichman is. It is smaller and more intimate, which I prefer. I like that the monitoring hours are early, so that you don’t have to miss any work for monitoring during a treatment cycle.
About $20-$25k for an IVF cycle with PGS testing
Dr. Reichman and Weill Cornel recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach.

2019 - 2020
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.

2019 - 2020
The staff at [Cornell] Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive...I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman saved me during my fertility journey. When I began trying it became increasingly clear that I would need support from a doctor to get me through mentally. I realized that a fertility doctor is what I needed and after our first meeting with Dr Reichman, we never looked back. He made us feel like a baby was 100 percent possible and that he would be there every step of the way. I am an anxious person and he always made sure to calm me down, explain all the information and express the same common goal. My cycle was very stubborn and tricky and he always made me feel like it would be okay. I needed letrozole to help shorten my cycles. It worked well for two cycles and then it would work for a week and taper off. This was so frustrating. After a few tries we ended up adding in gonal-f which I reacted to quite well. I then got my first IUI and am now about 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Reichman is trustworthy, intelligent and a partner in the process. I highly recommend!
Come prepared with questions to each appointment. Dont be afraid to email if you have something to say.
Dr reichman personally answered every email and called me whenever it was necessary. He took time in every appointment to make sure I had all the facts I needed and felt calm and ready for the next step.
cycle 1: tracked ovulation, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 2: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 3: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 4: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 5: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot- chemical pregnancy Cycle 6: letrozole (higher dose), timed intercourse Cycle 7: Letrozole (7.5 for 3 days, 5 for 2 days), 4 days gonal F and IUI - pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine lu)
The staff at Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca is a great office. I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
This was covered by my insurance so I payed a co pay of $60 each time I went.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my history (from another clinic) prior to my first appointment. He clearly had read the records I had sent to their office. In addition, throughout my care with Dr. Reichman he was very accommodating to my busy work schedule...watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion throug
The nurse I was assigned [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to communicate with (via phone or email)...During the week I always went to the Tribeca office to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring, so he could be the one performing my ultrasounds and looking at my endometrial lining. On the weekends, I went to the Upper East Side office. Although busier, I never waited more than 10 minutes for blood work and ultraound...While a cycle at Cornell was slightly more expensive than IVF at my previous clinic, it was worth it!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I did one egg retrieval at another clinic in NYC. From that retrieval we had 8 genetically normal embryos. We did two separate embryo transfers, which both failed. My endometrial lining would not grow over 5 mm. They were trying everything from vaginal viagra to estrogen injections. The doctor told me the next step would be surrogacy. I went to Dr. Reichman feeling defeated. At my first appointment with him he spent over an hour reviewing my history and setting expectations. He said I can't tell you I'm not worried, but I'm hopeful. This gave me a glimmer of hope as well. Dr. Reichman watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion through this emotionally and physically difficult period. I would recommend Dr. Reichman to ANYONE dealing with infertility.
Trust Dr. Reichman! Ask for explanations for decisions, but don't question his method.
For the egg retrieval we used gonal-F and menopur, adding cetrotide in. Lupro and HCG trigger. For the transfer we used vaginal viagra, estrogen patches and PIO.
The nurse I was assigned was easy to communicate with (via phone or email).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was rarely a long wait during monitoring hours. The clinic staff was professional and efficient. At the other clinic I went to, there was frequently a discrepancy between the plan I had discussed with the doctor and the plan the nurses would tell me. This never happened at Cornell. The entire team was on the same page.
Dr. Reichman strongly recommended we only transfer one embryo, given that this was a fresh transfer and a multiple gestation would increase the risk of OHSS.

2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!
19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to....He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY.
Loved the [Weill Cornell] Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact?
19 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went in thanks to the ticking time bomb of my biological clock, educated but uncertain as to what path to take. He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY. I did 2 back to back rounds of egg retrievals & freezing. The 1st cycle produced good, better than expected results (19 eggs retrieved / 13 mature) but the 2nd did not (10 eggs retrieved / only 6 mature) - I think my body needed a break - my body just didn't feel nearly the same was as it did during the 1st cycle. Both times the protocol was the same since the 1st cycle was successful in terms of the # of eggs retrieved & my body responded well to the meds. Being that only eggs were frozen, I cannot really judge the success of these cycles - at least not yet.
Line up your questions ahead of time & jump into them - there is not a lot of time w/him!
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to. Nurses at the Tribeca location were also amazing in this regard.
Started with estrogen patch upon ovulation, took gonal-f, menopur, eventually adding on cetrotide (amounts varied based on bloodwork) & did a double trigger of lupron & pregnyl.
Primary nurse, Christine, was beyond amazing! So helpful, compassionate, & easy to talk too. All of the nurses in the Tribeca location were a dream. Did not love the weekend experience uptown, but I guess what can you expect for how busy it was. But I dreaded going, dreaded having blood drawn there (had a few issues), etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Loved the Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact? Not sure how that will end. Also the hospital experience (for retrieval) was as pleasant as could be.
Generally covered this in previous questions. Tribeca = amazing / Uptown = cattle call. I was generally able to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring on weekdays, on weekends there were multiple doctors that rotated. All were good / no complaints. Nurses in Tribeca were a lot nicer & gentler with drawing blood.
Approx. $8,500 per cycle + additional hospital fees (approx. $1 k), not inc. medication. Also there was an initial consultation fee which I think was somewhere between $800 - $900. I previously had testing done so they didn't make me repeat those expenses.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF...We used a natural cycle for our FET...Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work...monitoring always takes about 30-45 minutes, but it was efficient and predicable...The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF. Buy above all else - he's an incredible doctor. His success rates speak for themselves. There is no one else I would have wanted to do this process with.
Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.
Dr. Reichman is one of the kindest men. He is business like and efficient when that's called for and kind and gentle when that's appropriate. Empathy is neither faked nor absent. We made a special effort to be on hand for our transfer himself. As well, when we received bad news, the deep wellspring of his caring in unmistakable. I could not recommend him more highly.
We skipped right to IVF by choice. I was already well over 40 and didn't want to waste time on IUI or other less invasive methods. We did injectables hormones with daily monitoring, so dosages could be adjusted. I am a high egg producer so we triggered with a lupron and not HCG to prevent over stimulation. We used a natural cycle for our FET - which is preferable for many reasons now that we know how important the chemical secretions are during natural ovulation for pregnancy. Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's a busy clinic with lots of patients - but I liked that - things moved quickly, they were efficient and they treated my time as precious as theirs. Many women including myself do this while working and traveling to these appointments and that makes that kind of well oiled machine vibe wonderful. The only thing I didn't like was going up to the UES office. The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
I don't remember the full costs. We were mostly covered, but did may for our embryo storage, PGS testing, fetal blood cell testing, etc. It wasn't cheap, but honestly, after getting pregnant we never thought about the money again.
We were using PGS tested embryos - so single is the only way to go. Twins would have increased the chance of harm to me or the babies.
Tribeca

I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he [Dr. Reichman] airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged... Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones...advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process New Patient Advice
the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them...My primary nurse Christine as well as the whole staff at Weill Cornell in Tribeca are amazing. They are kind, professional and are always there to help and answer questions. This is not an easy process to go through and they really do make it better and easier. I can't say enough good things about them...The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly...the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I underwent 5 IVF cycles with Dr.Reichman and throughout the whole process I felt that I was in good hands and that he genuinely cared about me and helping me get pregnant. I feel that he is extremely knowledgeable and professional and is open to questions and discussions. Whenever my husband and I had questions he was available to talk about or concerns. I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged. That does not mean I don't agree with his philosophy of being extremely realistic. I prefer someone to tell it to me like it is and I would whole heatedly recommend him to anyone dealing with fertility issues. Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr.Reichman is extremely knowledgeable and I think educating yourself throughout this process is helpful in many ways.
Both Dr. Reichman and the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Great clinic, professional staff and the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly.
Dr.Reichman advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process
Tribeca

He [Dr. Reichman] was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!...warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available...He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF...He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
Strengths [at Weill Cornell]: The clinic is state of the art...The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait...you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open...She [nurse] was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality...Our IVF protocols included: estrogen patches, tailored doses ranging from 150-400 units of follistin, 75-150 units of menopur, anatagonist (ganirellix), leupron trigger, daily morning blood draws to tailor the dosages. We required 4 cycles due to poor egg quality.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was extremely patient, warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available, and knew that we could always count on him to remember the particulars of our situation. He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF.
Always arrive early! He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
He was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!
She was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: The clinic is state of the art with a lot of renowned top doctors. The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait.
We were fortunate to have amazing insurance that covered most costs. It is very infrequent but we had unlimited lifetime fertility benefits. We did, however, have to pay out of pocket for the genetic testing of the embryos.
We wanted to avoid the risk of multiple pregnancy and this was discussed with him.

IUI, 2 IVF
never once did I feel like a number with Dr. Reichman...extremely kind and supportive while also being direct and honest.I’ve never had a doctor that I felt cared more about me than Dr. Reichman...From the hour-long introductory meeting we had with him to the emotional year-long IVF road that followed, at every step he was present, knowledgeable, caring, communicative, direct, confidant and optimistic for a successful pregnancy.This process is daunting with many highs and even more lows at times and Dr. Reichman got me through them all. I wouldn’t have completed three rounds of IVF and I would not currently be 8-weeks pregnant if he were not my doctor. I’m sure of tha
I have just as high of praise for his nurse Christine as I do for Dr. Reichman [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. She is beyond kind, smart and communicative. I always had a lot of questions and never once did she make me feel like a bother. Instead, she always put me at ease with her quick and helpful answers. They are quite the impressive team...was very upfront about the costs prior to my out-of-pocket cycle and always available to answer any of my billing questions.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Simply put, he’s the absolute best. From the hour-long introductory meeting we had with him to the emotional year-long IVF road that followed, at every step he was present, knowledgeable, caring, communicative, direct, confidant and optimistic for a successful pregnancy.This process is daunting with many highs and even more lows at times and Dr. Reichman got me through them all. I wouldn’t have completed three rounds of IVF and I would not currently be 8-weeks pregnant if he were not my doctor. I’m sure of that.
Do yourself a major favor, call NOW to book an appointment with him! And my one piece of advice for any patient with any doctor is to become informed about the process.The IUI/IVF process is confusing, and you can only ask the right questions if you are knowledgeable about your different treatment options. Dr. Reichman always had time to answer my questions and concerns, but it was on me to become my own advocate capable of making the right decisions for me and my family once he laid out all the information.
Cornell is a busy fertilitypractice, but never once did I feel like a number with Dr. Reichman. He is the perfectcombination of extremely kind and supportive while also being direct and honest.I’ve never had a doctor that I felt cared more about me than Dr. Reichman.
I used a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur for all my IVF rounds followed by Cetrotide with an HCG trigger shot.
I have just as high of praise for his nurse Christine as I do for Dr. Reichman. She is beyond kind, smart and communicative. I always had a lot of questions and never once did she make me feel like a bother. Instead, she always put me at ease with her quick and helpful answers. They are quite the impressive team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell was wonderful. I find all their processes extremely efficient, not to mention the staff at theTribeca office is incredibly friendly and helpful. By the end of my year, I knew every single person’s name in the office and they felt like friends, which made all my 6:30am monitoring appointments way more enjoyable.
My insurance through my employer offered a lifetime fertility maximum of $25,000, which only covered my first two rounds of IVF. So after those were unsuccessful, I paid out of pocket for my third and eventually successful IVF round, which came to about $25,000 which included the transfer costs. Cornell was very upfront about the costs prior to my out-of-pocket cycle and always available to answer any of my billing questions.
Dr. Reichman knew from the start that I only wanted one additional child. So it was never a question if we would implant more than one.
Tribeca

It was very clear that Dr. Reichman felt personally invested in our efforts. He was always responsive and we felt comfortable asking him whatever questions we had. He cared about us as people not just patients. We felt like we fully trusted him...He caught a polyp that my previous doctor had not. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does his own ultrasound...which allows for the best possible care. It was great to see him at almost all of our appointments.
The Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] is very efficient. We rarely had to wait very long. Blood work was very efficient as well...It is smaller so more intimate. Always saw the same front desk staff as well as nurses and lab technicians. Everyone was very friendly. The office is immaculate, and also very conveniently located...one on one instruction around taking the medications to the small group class, they [nurses] helped us feel comfortable upfront. Throughout the process it was also great to be able to call them and even email them anytime. They were very helpful with making sure to order just the right amount of medication as my insurance was limited. They always called me every afternoon with clear instructions.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
In addition to being very knowledgeable, Dr. Reichman is a very caring and nice person, which was important to us. We never felt like we were just a random patient. Beyond that, Dr. Reichman is a great communicator (we could email him, and also he made time to listen during our appointments), and he was good at managing expectations while keeping us in positive mindset. We also felt he was very transparent and honest about our options. He was thorough while at the same time practical. He caught a polyp that my previous doctor had not. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does his own ultrasound (as do a lot of the doctors at Cornell), which allows for the best possible care. It was great to see him at almost all of our appointments. He made decisions quickly, which was great because it shortened the length of our treatment. He took into account our personal preferences (eg I didn’t want to do a fully medicated transfer cycle so he came up with alternatives). He also was thoughtful about adjusting our treatment, rather than just doing the same thing over and over like our previous doctor.
Trust the process. Cornell and Dr Reichman have a very well thought out process that worked perfectly for us. If he recommends something, take that seriously. He doesn’t just throw things out, everything is deliberate.
We went to Dr Reichman in the middle of an IUI cycle that we started with RMA. He was fine with taking us mid cycle. Because he saw us at each appointment (the RMA doctor didn’t see us for months) and because he did the ultrasounds, he was able to be smarter about the trigger date. When that did not work, he identified a polyp, and we removed it within a few weeks. The surgery was at Cornell’s new outpatient surgery center, and it was a great experience. Then we moved quickly into our first IVF cycle. We did the standard protocol (menopur, Goyal f, trigger shot). While it looked good initially, my estrogen levels did not rise as expected. Dr Reichman recommended cancelling to save money as we had limited insurance, but when our numbers looked a little better the next day we decided to go forward with it. He recommended genetic testing of the embryos, and we are glad we did because none of our four embryos were normal. We then quickly moved to a second cycle, in which Dr Reichman changed our medication. He used Lupron, which is used for people like me with poor egg quality. This cycle looked a lot better. We ended up with three genetically normal embryos. We tried a natural transfer cycle but again my hormones did not cooperate. Then we did a semi medicated cycle in which we used letrozole to ensure ovulation and then the progesterone suppositories. We then proceeded to transfer 1, and are now 10 weeks pregnant! Dr Reichman went out of his way to do our retrieval and transfer even when he wasn’t the scheduled doctor that day. It really meant a lot to see him in that room!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Christine as well as the other nurses were incredibly helpful throughout the process. From one on one instruction around taking the medications to the small group class, they helped us feel comfortable upfront. Throughout the process it was also great to be able to call them and even email them anytime. They were very helpful with making sure to order just the right amount of medication as my insurance was limited. They always called me every afternoon with clear instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I would highly recommend Weill Cornell to everyone! The tribeca clinic was especially easy to navigate. It is smaller so more intimate. Always saw the same front desk staff as well as nurses and lab technicians. Everyone was very friendly. The office is immaculate, and also very conveniently located.
The Tribeca office is very efficient. We rarely had to wait very long. Blood work was very efficient as well.
My insurance paid for a lot of it. We did have to pay for one retrieval cycle out of pocket.
Given the quality of our embryo, we never even discussed using multiple embryos.

7 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Reichman was kind and, more importantly, open and honest about my situation. He never misled me but presented me with the facts and statistics for my age and situation. He was not overly emotional and morning monitoring chats were brief but I understood there were dozens of other women waiting to see him.... I could email him directly, phone through to his staff or call an after hours service out of hours.
Weill Cornell is an incredibly busy fertility clinic so it can sometimes feel like a factory - mainly because of the sheer volume of women in the waiting with you and the fact that your doctor has to move quickly to other patients during morning monitoring appointments. Despite of that I felt like their care was excellent.... Sarah M. Fricke checked in with me almost every day during my egg donor selection, retrieval and transfer. She explained my medication procedures in detail
7 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman was kind and, more importantly, open and honest about my situation. He never misled me but presented me with the facts and statistics for my age and situation. He was not overly emotional and morning monitoring chats were brief but I understood there were dozens of other women waiting to see him. He was positive and smart and I felt like his guidance was well informed and followable.
Weill Cornell is a huge clinic so your one on one time with Dr Reichman will be limited (unless you've booked a specific hour long appointment to talk over things in depth.) Don't let that distract you from the fact that he's 100% professional and kind - and will be very honest with you about your potential success rates.
Weill Cornell is an incredibly busy fertility clinic so it can sometimes feel like a factory - mainly because of the sheer volume of women in the waiting with you and the fact that your doctor has to move quickly to other patients during morning monitoring appointments. Despite of that I felt like their care was excellent. Dr Reichman was always warm, efficient and honest. And I could email him directly, phone through to his staff or call an after hours service out of hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah M. Fricke)
Sarah M. Fricke checked in with me almost every day during my egg donor selection, retrieval and transfer. She explained my medication procedures in detail (1 1/2 hours in person) and was smart, organized and a great communicator. She responded to every email and question very quickly and efficiently.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Big and busy with a slight tendency to seem like a factory due to the amount of women they're treating. But underneath that facade is very competent and knowledgable team of doctors that make you feel as calm as possible during a very emotional and stressful time.
So far I've spend just under $70K on 8 rounds (with minimal amounts covered on my health care due to my age)
I used a donor egg and due to her young age she had great results with good quality embryos so Dr Reichman advised on a single embryo transfer. Also due to my age and health risks involved. If I had been younger or the embryos of poorer quality he would have considered transferring two embryos. This was all discussed with me and agreed upon.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had an appointment mix up on the day of an IUI that was more to do with the desk staff than anyone else. It was resolved by calling the after hours line and the hospital coordinator looked into the situation personally to make sure it didn't occur again. And one time (during 8 rounds) that a prescription wasn't called in due to a technical error. This was rectified quickly.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Reichman suggested a single embryo transfer for us and we were in agreement! I think he evaluates each patient individually to see what makes the most sense for each....He did an excellent job of explaining the series of tests we would complete and how those outcomes would shape our treatment going forward...Dr Reichman actually came uptown on a day that he was not on call to do our transfer for us and it was such a positive experience. I
The clinic is wonderful! The staff is comprised of so many high quality people and the office runs so efficiently as a result. I've never been to a more organized doctors office. I really appreciated how easy early morning monitoring appointments were - I was typically in and out and on my way to work in 15 minutes! The facilities feel new - they are clean and modern....She worked with my insurance company directly to make sure I had everything I needed and the process was completely seamless
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is absolutely the best and we had such a positive experience working with him. We initially had an appointment with him in April but were fortunate enough to see him in February after putting ourselves on a wait-list for an earlier appointment. From that very first appointment, I knew we were in great hands. Dr Reichman is brilliant. He did an excellent job of explaining the series of tests we would complete and how those outcomes would shape our treatment going forward. He made great suggestions when necessary. He answered all of our questions in great detail and with honesty. He has a gentle way of telling it like it is and we found that to be very refreshing and reassuring - we really put our trust in him and he didn't let us down. I appreciated his upbeat and positive demeanor at 6:30am monitoring appointments and his quick responses to our numerous emails - many of which we sent him well outside of his normal business hours. Dr Reichman is kind and compassionate. When our first transfer wasn't a success he called us himself, shared in our disappointment and really reassured us that this would work - we just needed to try again. Our second attempt was a success! Dr Reichman actually came uptown on a day that he was not on call to do our transfer for us and it was such a positive experience. I really attribute the success of this transfer to him being there for us, not only because he is amazing at what he does but because his energy in the OR was so caring, positive and uplifting.
Trust him! This process can be scary and overwhelming at times but you can rely on him to guide you through it each step of the way. Don't be afraid to ask him questions, take comfort in the fact that he is an expert and know that he really wants you to have success and he will do everything he can to make it happen for you. Believe in him!
Dr Reichman is incredible! He is both brilliant and kind and he really took the time to get to know us. It was very apparent that he was invested in our treatment and really wanted a positive outcome for us each step of the way. He went out of his way to come uptown to take care of our second transfer (on a day that he was not on call) and this transfer worked!
Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, Pregnyl, Endometrin Results were excellent! 13 eggs retrieved 8 mature eggs 8 fertilized 7 day 5 embryos 4 PGS normal embryos
Christine was outstanding and I absolutely loved working with her. She is smart, compassionate and extremely organized! I always looked forward to hearing from her with instructions or results and she was always so quick to respond to my calls and emails. She worked with my insurance company directly to make sure I had everything I needed and the process was completely seamless. She celebrated with us when we had good news and was empathetic and encouraging in more difficult times. She always made me feel like I had a friend in my corner throughout this process and while I am ecstatic to have had success and be moving forward, I will miss her! The nursing team in general is incredible - everyone is so kind and caring. I seriously considered a second career as a nurse after interacting with this team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring was extremely efficient! I would arrive when the office opened at 6:30am and I would consistently be out and on my way to work by 6:45am even with both blood-work and ultrasound!
Our insurance covered all costs except for PGS!
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process... During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization.
The tribeca office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca... I have never been to a medical practice that runs this smoothly- and it is remarkable given the volume of patients here. Even during monitoring visits, I was most often in-and-out. Phlebotomists, nurses, front desk lovely and always friendly and quick!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Since our first meeting with Dr Reichman we have trusted him, had the utmost confidence in him and have felt like he has genuinely cared about the outcome of our process. He is direct and honest, compassionate and thoughtful through setbacks, reassuring and confident, and pleasant to interact with. He responds within hours to emails/phone calls. We felt like we were a team.
See him!
Cornell is a busy practice and at times in the waiting room you feel like just a number. However, when interacting directly with Dr Reichman (and his team) I always felt like I was his only patient. Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process
We have a 2.5yr old who was conceived naturally. After trying for 6+ months for a second child we saw Dr Reichman. Given my history he suggested IUI/clomid. We did 2 rounds with no success. He read my disappointment and we agreed together to do IVF. During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization. Second cycle was a success- 30-something eggs, 15 fertilized and 3 genetically healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The tribeca office is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca
Tribeca

My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were...I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more...Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF...Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...I have only good things to say about WCM. It was clean, the staff organized and friendly. Sometimes the waiting room was crazy crowded and you'd have to wait for a while, but to be expected in New York...I spent a lot of time at WCM. I stopped counting after my 60th appointment. Yet somehow sometimes I would oddly look forward to those early morning appointments, which often required me to get probed and poked for blood work, etc. It was definitely because the staff was SO lovely and friendly, especially the nurse Christine who was clear and concise and had super positive energy, which I loved.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Weill Cornell with very little understanding of how fertility treatments worked or what the process was for someone like me who wasn't getting pregnant after months of trying. I'd researched a bit on the internet and chatted with friends, but there was a lot of conflicting information out there and it really seemed like fertility treatment depended so much upon the individual and their circumstance. My gynecologist at the time was extremely unhelpful answering fertility questions — she basically told me to come back in a year if I still wasn't pregnant, and that was that. I was so discouraged and really wasn't sure what to expect with WCM. My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were. From the very beginning, Dr. Reichman made it clear that his objective was to get us pregnant, and he was going to do everything in his power to make that happen. I could tell he was incredibly smart and an expert in his field, which made both my husband and I feel reassured and confident in his plan. As Dr. Reichman's patient, I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more.
Trust his judgement. Though it can of course be helpful to do your own research or talk to other women about IVF, I honestly never took anyone else's advice over his. If you have a question, no matter how silly, ask it and he will answer.
From my first appointment to my very last, Dr. Reichman made me feel like my case was a top priority. He always remembered my husband's name, what I did for work, and snippets from our previous conversations. He never compared me to other patients like some doctors do (which can make you feel like just another patient in a long line of patients), unless of course it was relevant or he was sharing an example. Dr. Reichman always responded to my questions honestly and openly. I knew he was working hard and following all of the right steps to get us where we wanted to be.
Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF in June of 2018. It was a bit of a rollercoaster those seven months — taking meds for two weeks then doing the procedure, then waiting the ten days....and every time is wasn't the answer we wanted. But Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging. After our 5th failed IUI we decided to do IVF and I was actually really relieved and excited for it. Dr. Reichman carefully explained what IVF would entail and WCM offered a helpful course, so we began the process with all of our questions answered, ready to go. All in, the 10 days or so of medication and daily monitoring wasn't so bad. Mostly it was enormously disruptive to my schedule but I didn't experience any pain or mishaps. We got 25 eggs which was a huge success, and ended up with 6 embryo. And as luck would have it, Dr. Reichman was able to do my transfer which made me really happy. That first transfer was successful, and I don't think I've ever been more excited than when I got the call confirming my bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I found that getting there early was always best (and the nurses tipped me off to this), so waiting wasn't too much of an issue. The clinic was well-run, super organized and had an overall welcoming environment.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF. IUIS I believe were about $1,000 each.
Tribeca

If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, [Dr. Reichman is] your guy...For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos...Though Dr. Reichman is a busy doctor, I always felt like our questions were answered, issues clarified, etc. I was fairly active on email and he was super responsive.
Worked with Hannah [nurse at Cornell] during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went...We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My early reaction, and continued perspective on Dr. Reichman, is that I wish every doctor I had was like him. He’s super intelligent, passionate about his work, focused on results, data oriented, and a caring, communicative doctor. From our first consultation, he provided us with assurance that we had previously been lacking. The road wasn’t always smooth (2 failed IUIs), but we knew that the likelihood of getting pregnant that way was much lower than with IVF, given the data he presented in the first consult. When we had a hiccup with meds/insurance while starting IVF, he personally found a way to get us what we needed, allowing us to begin the cycle in what was a good month. I can’t ever say I’ve had a doctor that has gone so above and beyond. He was always very receptive to our thoughts and questions, to some concerns we had along the way, dedicated to making sure our experience was as good as it could be.
If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, he’s your guy.
2 IUIs, first cycle with Clomid and second with Letrozole. Second cycle elicited a larger egg count, but ultimately, both cycles did not produce a pregnancy. For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos. Got 12 oocytes, which led to 10 mature eggs. 8 fertilized, and 6 were viable after genetic testing. Meds prescribed pre-retrieval were Gonal F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. Did the trigger shot the night before the retrieval. Followed the transfer with progesterone inserts.
Worked with Hannah during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Amazing clinic- super kind staff, very prompt ‘service,’ extremely clean and modern facility. This is one well-oiled machine, with a very uncommon level of care and humanity. I really appreciate how quickly I could get in and out of the office, esp given the frequency of appointments.
IUIs cost about $400 with our insurance, not sure about the actual cost. Our insurance didn’t pay for ivf, so we paid out of pocket. We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
Thought it was smart and strategic that we transferred one, given my age, the number of viable embryos we had, and the potential risks posed with multiples.