Medical SchoolCornell
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipCornell
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Reichman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
He [Dr. Reichman] is blunt at times - some people might not like this, but I really do. I want to know the good and the bad, with nothing sugar coated...We did about 10 days of injections, at differing dosages, which Dr. Reichman adjusted day to day...remembers every detail of his patients' life and their cycles. He is friendly but not fake, which I appreciate...is friendly, easy to talk to and caring, but also very to the point, which is so important to me. He doesn't beat around the bush and explains every possible outcome in detail, which is so important throughout this process. He is also sarcastic and cracks jokes - SO needed with all the stress infertility brings.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr.Reichman is friendly, easy to talk to and caring, but also very to the point, which is so important to me. He doesn't beat around the bush and explains every possible outcome in detail, which is so important throughout this process. He is also sarcastic and cracks jokes - SO needed with all the stress infertility brings.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is blunt at times - some people might not like this, but I really do. I want to know the good and the bad, with nothing sugar coated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman remembers every detail of his patients' life and their cycles. He is friendly but not fake, which I appreciate.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Our first round was just Clomid, taking 50mg per day. My body responded too well to the medication and we had to cancel due to three matured follicles. The second round, we reduced the dosage of Clomid to two days of 50mg then three days of 25mg. My body did not respond enough, after the 5 days of Clomid, we didn't have any mature follicles. At that point, we added in daily Menopur injections. We did about 10 days of injections, at differing dosages, which Dr. Reichman adjusted day to day. We had two mature follicles, which was great, but unfortunately my estrogen had dropped to basically zero over 24 hours between injections. We decided to trigger ovulation and see what happens. Unfortunately due to my low estrogen the cycle did not work. We are now starting a third cycle of Menopur injections and hoping we can get my body to ovulate with the perfect amount of follicles. If that doesn't work, we will move onto IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
The entire nursing staff at Cornell is amazing - they are caring, take the time to walk you through every detail of your protocol and answer any and all questions you have.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is unlike any doctors office I've ever been to. It is clean, everyone is extremely friendly and remembers your name, and they are always on time. I never waited more than five minutes in the lobby before being taken back to the exam room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My insurance covers all infertility treatments, except IVF, so luckily everything up to now has been covered. My only costs are my regular copay for office visits and medication.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was, in short, a dream to find, in a city full of top REs. From the moment we sat down in our consultation, it became clear that he was not only an excellently trained physician, but was also passionate about his specialty, and sincerely empathetic towards his patients. This combination allowed me to truly relax and leave myself in his hands (e.g., no more endless googling!), in a way I never really did with my first doctor, and I think that made a difference in our outcome, if only by improving my mental wellbeing as we went through our cycle. We saw him at every single monitoring appointment, and when questions arose, I emailed him directly, and heard back without fail in a few hours or less. From what I understand from friends, these are unique qualities to find in a doctor at the top clinics in NYC, given the huge numbers of patients they churn out. In short, even before our first (and only) cycle was finished, my husband and I were thrilled with the level of care we received from Dr. Reichman.
If you find yourself overwhelmed by science or statistics, don't be afraid to ask questions. He will respond with patience and kindness.
Dr. Reichman knew exactly where we were in our treatment cycle, every time he saw us. He needed no prompting about any of my personal details, or what our plan was. And when I had emotional moments, the level of compassion he showed me was well beyond what I expect from even the best-trained medical professionals..
We saw Dr. Reichman after completing four cycles with another doctor. On the surface, Dr. Reichman kept the same protocol, as I had a good response to the drugs: 5 days of .5mg of letrozole, an HCG trigger shot, and an IUI. My monitoring appointments at CRM, however, were much more frequent. I believe we had four or five ultrasounds before Dr. Reichman decided I was ready for the trigger shot, which ultimately took place a few days later in my cycle than previous treatment. This meant my uterine lining was thicker than it had ever been, and we had one great sized follicle plus another potentially mature one. He also timed the IUI differently than my previous one - this IUI took place about 28 hours after the trigger shot.
I didn't have a great deal of interaction with the nursing staff, as I did not undergo IVF. I called a few times with questions, and they were very helpful in their responses. I wasn't assigned a specific nurse, but when you start treatment at CRM, you receive contact information for your specific doctor's team, including nurses whose duties are divided and specified. The nurse I typically reached out to (based on these descriptions) was frequently out of the office (it was during the summer, so this may not be the case year-round). When I left messages on Dr. Reichman's general nursing line, however, they were always quick to call back.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office of Weill Cornell CRM is a hidden gem. The facilities are new, the waiting room is never packed, and the front desk staff are wonderful. My husband and I visited the main office on the UES once, for our IUI, and it was a night-and-day contrast to Tribeca - incredibly crowded, seemingly somewhat dated, and huge. Given the large number of doctors and patients, I would be surprised if they are able to support the same continuity of the Tribeca office (as in, always seeing your doctor for each monitoring appointment, which was amazing!). I suppose if there is one downside to the Tribeca office, it is that on weekends, holidays, and for procedures like an IUI or embryo transfer, you will need to visit the UES location.
My husband and I had recently moved and were waiting for our new insurance to kick in during our cycle with Dr. Reichman, so we paid entirely out of pocket. Our costs were about $5500. This included our initial consultation and baseline ultrasound, required blood work for myself and my husband (Hep B/C, HIV, mumps, etc.), three monitoring ultrasounds, the IUI, two pregnancy blood tests, and five OB ultrasounds. Because we were paying out of pocket, Dr. Reichman charged us a reduced rate for everything outside of lab costs.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Reichman is very knowledgeable and caring. He made sure he understood my husband and my concerns, outlined all the options, and guided us to choosing a strategy that best suited our needs. He is very on top of the latest developments in this field of medicine. I also liked that I saw him on each visit. He kept me informed and made the process as smooth as possible...I learned to my surprise that I had a low egg reserve for my age. I would like to have multiple children and Dr. Reichman proposed doing IVF as soon as possible, genetically testing, and freezing the embryos.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I recommend him without hesitation. Trust his advice and the process.
Dr. Reichman was very caring through out the process, familiar with the specific facts of my case and my concerns, and willing and ready to answer all my questions.
I learned to my surprise that I had a low egg reserve for my age. I would like to have multiple children and Dr. Reichman proposed doing IVF as soon as possible, genetically testing, and freezing the embryos. This proved to be a good option for me. I am pregnant now and have embryos stored as well. I am hopeful that I will get to have multiple children as I wanted. I took Follistem, Menupur and Ganirelux.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Giamo)
I was very impressed by my nurse Hannah Giamo and all of the nursing staff. Everyone was very knowledgable, responsive, caring and kind.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This is a highly professional organization. I would recommend this clinic to anyone in the area. They know what they doing. Trust their process. It works well. The wait time to see the doctor or have blood taken was very short. They were very responsive to questions and returned calls quickly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The monitoring hours were in the mornings. I went in and then headed to work. They were efficient and I never waited very long to be seen or to have blood taken. They have a nice waiting room and very friendly front desk staff.
Since the embryos were genetically tested, we only did a single embryo transfer.
Tribeca
He [Dr. Reichman] had our best interest in mind and devised a treatment plan to help achieve our goals. He has always been kind, compassionate and extremely well read which gives one tremendous confidence in his abilities...He is always two steps ahead in the treatment plan. He is very efficient and always gave us ample time during each visit. Our appointments were always on time and he was fully aware of our current and past medical data to make the most accurate decision on treatment plan. We highly recommend Dr. Reichman.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the most extraordinary doctor and human being we have ever met. In a difficult journey of Infertility, you cannot find someone better than Dr. Reichman to be on your side. We wish we knew about him when we started this journey three years back. Right from the first time we met Dr. Reichman, he came across as a good and caring human being himself. He had our best interest in mind and devised a treatment plan to help achieve our goals. He has always been kind, compassionate and extremely well read which gives one tremendous confidence in his abilities. Compared to our experiences with other top doctors and fertility clinics in New York, Dr. Reichman has set a benchmark of care, treatment, knowledge, compassion and effectiveness which in our opinion is hard to beat. He is always two steps ahead in the treatment plan. He is very efficient and always gave us ample time during each visit. Our appointments were always on time and he was fully aware of our current and past medical data to make the most accurate decision on treatment plan. We highly recommend Dr. Reichman.
Start your journey with Dr. Reichman, it will only get better. He is direct in his communication which in our view is very helpful. Go to him!
Low dosage gonal F and Menopur followed by cetrotide with HCG and Pregnyl trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Giaimo)
Nurse and nursing staff were always available for any questions. We got prompt call backs for our daily monitoring results as well as any ad-hoc requests we had. Hannah always had smile on her face when we interacted with her, made us feel warm and welcome. Hannah's approach is very similar to Dr. Reichman in terms of compassion and care.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Amanda runs the office very efficiently and compassionately. She makes sure that we are well informed and cared for every time we visited the clinic. Amanda and the clinic staff are the main reason the clinic runs so efficiently. Whether it is the appointment schedule or billing queries she ensures all our questions are answered promptly. Shannah and others in the clinic made every visit easy for us. They always greeted with smile and compassion and make the start of your day and IVF journey cheerful. Shannah remembers everyone's name and greets them in a personalized way making the connection very honest and authentic. We have rarely sat at the reception not knowing when our turn will come, overall a great experience right from Dr. Reichman to Hannah to Amanda and others
Very efficient and smooth
comparable to other fertility clinics in new york
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I saw Dr. Reichman every day for nearly 2 weeks and he was very good about explaining what the different levels from blood tests meant and his strategy for setting the dosage of meds each night, even during the holidays.... Dr. Reichman always responded promptly to emails. There were many ups and downs during this process and he took time to have multiple sit downs to regroup and strategize throughout the process. I felt like he genuinely cared about our case.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I've been seeing Dr. Reichman for almost a year now. We did multiple rounds of Clomid and Letrozole, 2 egg retrievals and 1 embryo transfer. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my first child all thanks to Dr. Reichman! After trying Clomid and Letrozole for a few months, I was eager to begin IVF. I would like to point out that Dr Reichman did regard me as one of his more challenging IVF patients. I'm very petite with PCOS and a very high AMH so I had to be carefully monitored while stimming to avoid OHSS. I saw Dr. Reichman every day for nearly 2 weeks and he was very good about explaining what the different levels from blood tests meant and his strategy for setting the dosage of meds each night, even during the holidays. As all readers will be aware, this process is very involved and quite intense, and I definitely felt that Dr. Reichman was with me all of the way. I was 35 at the time of my first retrieval and I have to say I thought we would be done after a single egg retrieval since my AMH was so high. We were disappointed when the numbers quickly dwindled from eggs retrieved, to mature eggs, then fertilized, to the ones that made it to day 5. We were only able to get 1 PGS normal embryo from the 18 retrieved eggs. I knew Dr. Reichman was disappointed as well. He outlined what we might try differently if we chose to do another retrieval and was always optimistic he could give us the family we wanted. Not that I had any reason to doubt Dr Reichman, but more because of the time and money involved, I sought a second opinion. I met with another renowned clinic and the doctor there actually said my protocol was excellent and that she would not have done anything differently to Dr. Reichman. That doctor also said Weill Cornell is an excellent fertility center. That was very reassuring and we decided to do another retrieval with Dr. Reichman. I began Metformin (even though I don't have diabetes, some say it helps with egg quality in PCOS women), weekly acupuncture, and drastically changed my diet. I waited 4 months in between egg retrievals since it takes 90 days to recruit a primordial follicle. The second retrieval resulted in 2 euploid and 2 mosaic embryos. With 5 total frozen embryos, we decided to try a frozen embryo transfer. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and looking forward to seeing Dr. Reichman for the next FET. The ART process is very complicated and there were so many things I had questions about. Dr. Reichman patiently helped me weigh the pros and cons of each decision and he went out of his way to treat me and put my mind at ease. We are very grateful to him.
The morning monitoring sessions go quickly. Do your research and have all your questions ready to go. Weill Cornell is one of the best and therefore one of the busiest clinics.
Few months of Clomid with trigger shot, then Letrozole with trigger shot (no IUI). Very low dose follistim, menopur, ganirelix for egg retrievals with all Lupron trigger to avoid OHSS. Letrozole to prep for FET followed by 10 weeks of progesterone suppositories.
Hannah was my primary nurse, but you will often have a different nurse call you each day. At first I was weary about speaking with a different nurse each day, but they are very well organized and able to answer all your questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Being one of the best clinics, it's also one of the busiest. It's not the place to go if you need hand holding. Patients do not have any contact with the Embryology Lab which I found frustrating at times, but rest assured they are top notch. Dr. Palermo, the developer of ICSI is the Director of Andrology Lab here. Your doctor can also contact the lab for any specific questions you may have. Morning monitoring hours are extremely busy. I went between 6:30am-7:30am every morning to avoid waiting and I preferred the Tribeca location. You need to be extremely proactive with your insurance and coverage, especially if you need anything from the Pre-Certification team, who were not very responsive and often times dropped the ball.
Always go between 6:30-7:30am to avoid waiting and crowds. Front desk demeanor at the Tribeca location was always very pleasant. Tribeca office a much nicer experience than UES office.
Base price approximately $17,500 for an IVF cycle before cost of ICSI, embryo storage, anesthesiology fee, hospital fee and meds. There are also a series of tests needed prior to starting IVF that can add up. Total price varies for each patient and I would say ours was between $22,000-$30,000 for each round of IVF with an insurance ART life time max coverage of $10,000, which was of course maxed out within the first IVF round.
Tribeca
Dr Reichman is always reachable via email which is great. He will answer you within 24-48 hours. He is compassionate and understanding. His approach to treatment is very straightforward and he explains everything step by step. He is a wonderful doctor... We started with IUI first, On my second IUI cycle i was pregnant with multiples but miscarried 8 weeks later. The Dr was very hopeful that of we did more IUI's we might have another chance. I took clomid every cycle. Finally after the 6th cycle we decided the next step would be ivf.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you have any questions, even if you feel they are "stupid" questions, don't hesitate to ask. He will always answer. No question is stupid when dealing with infertility
Dr Reichman has excellent bedside manners. He makes sure his patients are comfortable. He does not sugarcoat anything and gives you realistic outcomes.
We started with IUI first, On my second IUI cycle i was pregnant with multiples but miscarried 8 weeks later. The Dr was very hopeful that of we did more IUI's we might have another chance. I took clomid every cycle. Finally after the 6th cycle we decided the next step would be ivf. The Dr explained the entire process, medications and adjusted during the cycle if needed. Daily monitoring at the office was required to see how well i was progressing. I am currently in the 2ww. If the Dr doesn't reach you his nursing staff always do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah )
Nursing staff was very helpful and always a phone call away. They always called you when you went in for monitoring that day.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinic is clean, up to date, and you are in and out in 10-15 min. Sometimes you have to go to there uptown office and they are just as fast. There is a nurse always available if you need to speak to one.
IUI was covered under insurance but ivf fresh cycle ranged from $10-12,000. Additionals would be icsi ($2,500) or assisted egg hatching ($1,800), also PGS testing varied ($3,000-8,000)
Tribeca
He [Dr. Reichman] preferred to transfer a single embryo for us, but we never had one to transfer...We tried a second round (everything was paid for out of pocket), had 26 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 0 fertilized with ICSI. Dr. Reichman was truly stumped...I am now under the care of another doctor and have already been diagnosed with PCOS among other things, which I am being treated for, but which never came to light
European, East Asian
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a conscientious, responsive, and caring, but he is conservative and didn't go above and beyond to help us get to the root of our problem. We had 48 eggs retrieved over the course of two cycles, 34 of which were mature, only 1 fertilized with ICSI, and that embryo didn't survive long enough for transfer. We felt he shrugged us off and was ready to let us move on without trying to dig in and search for answers, run additional tests, etc. This was a let down.
If you aren't getting typical results, move on to another clinic, or even a reproductive immunologist. You won't get a rigorous scientific examination of your results.
After meeting with Dr. Reichman, I had a spontaneous chemical pregnancy, 1 failed IUI, and then a spontaneous pregnancy which ended at 9 weeks, soon after being passed on to my OBGYN. After my d and c, I had retained products of conception and my OBGYN wanted to do a second d and c. Dr. Reichman called me and firmly told me not to do the second d and c and that it could affect future fertility, and offered to do a hysteroscopy instead. I knew he truly cared about my well being. I then had two IVF cycles with him. The first round yielded 22 eggs, 10 mature, and 1 fertilized with ICSI. That embryo failed to develop. At the time he told us that it would be like lightning striking twice for similar result to happen again. We tried a second round (everything was paid for out of pocket), had 26 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 0 fertilized with ICSI. Dr. Reichman was truly stumped. I don't fault him personally, but feel that if your case is tricky, Weill Cornell is not the place for you. I am now under the care of another doctor and have already been diagnosed with PCOS among other things, which I am being treated for, but which never came to light at Cornell. I believe the biggest mistake that Dr. Reichman made was allowing us to proceed with a second round without ensuring that we learned something from it (such as doing half with donor sperm). After our final meeting with him post 2nd IVF, he still have no idea if it was an egg or sperm issue. My husband has normal sperm count and motility, but low morphology, but that shouldn't have led to the results we got. Dr. Reichman did offer us a third round at a discount to try a cycle without ICSI, but we didn't feel there was any evidence to put ourselves through that.
IVF #1: Day 1-6: 225 gonal f, 150 menopur Day 7: 225 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 8-9: 175 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 10: 175 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 11 150 gonal f, 150 menopure, ganirelix Day 14: 22 eggs retrieved. 10 mature. 1 fertilized. No embryos. IVF #2: Day 1-5: 1/16 225 gonal f, 150 menopur Day 6-8: 125 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 9-10: 125 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 11: 50 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 12: Trigger thurs 1/24 9:30pm Lupron 4mg Hcg 2500 Retrieval 26 eggs 0 of 24 mature eggs fertilized
The nursing staff at the Tribeca office is warm and caring. My first IVF coordinator was cold and businesslike. The second one was much more pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Palermo's embryology lab met to discuss our failures, as did the andrology team. I was told that they were devastated and stumped by our results. Dr. Palermo offered my husband a couple of tests after our second failure. We have yet to receive the results of the second test about 7 months later.
Fairly efficient, but impersonal when the monitoring MD is not your own.
Everything was out of pocket for us. We spent 15-20k for each cycle. I do not recall IUI cost.
He preferred to transfer a single embryo for us, but we never had one to transfer.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman performed a thorough work up of both me and my husband. He explained the tests. He was very friendly and we looked forward to our visits. On the occasions that I was particularly hormonal/emotional/struggling with what felt like a long period of treatment he was not overly supportive. I felt he was more comfortable at appointments if my husband was present. As part of treatment there are a lot of transactional ultrasounds and I found that he (as well as other male doctors) are less gentle than my subsequent experience of female doctors. That said, I fully trusted Dr. Reichman to get us the result we wanted - without question - and therefore was fine with the minor discomfort.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If patients have worries about treatment or symptoms during treatment I recommend framing the question to Dr. Reichman as “this is happening - is this because of the fertility treatment or does this pose a challenge or risk to my cycle?”. Dr. Reichman is not a primary care physician so if any symptoms are not a result of, or will impact fertility treatment he will direct you to your regular doctor.
Dr. Reichman formed a relationship with us, asked after my husband on the occasions I had solo appointments. He was extremely responsive on emails, days, nights and weekend. He offered sincere condolences when cycles were not successful.
Gonal-F 900 IU Menopur 75 IU Cetrotide 250mcg HCG shot Lupron 2 week kit Progesterone in oil Medrol Z-pac
My main nurse coordinator, Hannah, was very helpful with treatment and appointments and trying to resolve issues with my insurance coverage. The IVF training nurse was excellent, helpful and compassionate also. And the nurses that drew my bloods each day were skilled, gentle, upbeat and friendly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I trust the technical expertise of the Weill Cornell Centre for reproductive medicine completely. I trust their research and methods and skills at performing procedures. I was very happy with all procedures performed by the team of doctors including IUI, egg retrieval and transfers. On the other hand, the administrative/ billing team was not familiar with Aetna insurance which led to multiple, time wasting, and high stress instances of the admin team incorrectly telling me I was responsible for meds out of pocket when in fact I was 100% covered. At one point i was on vacation to de-stress from the cycles and them emailed to tell me i would be responsible for bills of $10k for medication - this was incorrect due to poor research on their part. (Dr. Reichman actually volunteered to help get it sorted by reporting the errors to the head of the Weill Cornell insurance billing team, who then worked with me directly). I also had billing issues, receiving bills for thousands of dollars, when I had already paid for a complete IVF package in full. This all got rectified, but was extremely time consuming and stressful.
Timing was convenient - early morning before work. Wait times were not an issue. Equally, I called once to say I was running late due to a subway breakdown and they calmly assured me I would be seen no problem when I would get there. If I had too many questions for a morning monitoring appointment, Dr. Reichman would arrange to see my husband and I later that day.
~$28k out of pocket
Dr. Reichman strongly encouraged elective single embryo transfer. I was happy with this approach.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman always explained me everything very patiently, was quite accommodating of my schedule and made sure to give me a personalized treatment....he was very accommodating of my schedule, on my first visit itself he proactively collected my medical history and always contextualized our conversation in light of every detail I mentioned...Dr. Reichman after carefully reviewing my medical history advised me to try IUI.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. David Reichman is the best doctor I ever had, very knowledgeable and skilled. I got success in my first IUI with him. The whole process seemed so much easier than I expected - he was very accommodating of my schedule, on my first visit itself he proactively collected my medical history and always contextualized our conversation in light of every detail I mentioned over email or in person, no extra medicines, no extra blood tests, it was all so perfectly timed that things worked out the first time itself! I can't be more thankful to him.
Trust Dr. Reichman! The process may itself seem daunting so adding an extra layer of worry wouldn't help.
Dr. Reichman always explained me everything very patiently, was quite accommodating of my schedule and made sure to give me a personalized treatment. He somehow always remembered every conversation we had over email or in person and it never needed any reminding from my side
When I first met Dr. Reichman, I explained him that my travel schedule may not allow me more than 3 trials and I was fine with going IVF route the first time itself, but Dr. Reichman after carefully reviewing my medical history advised me to try IUI. He clearly explained me the probability of success and time commitment it would require. Before the actual IUI procedure he timed the trigger shot very well such that it worked as per his suggested date and time of the procedure
Always called the same day with test results and explained them very well, very proactive with appointment scheduling for the next visit
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very organized - minimal wait times. I never had to wait more than 15 mins, most times I was seen right away. Though you would see a lot of people but clinic really honors the appointment schedule. Everyone from nurses to staff at the front desk have a very personable attitude
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Couldn’t say enough great things about Dr. Reichman, he’s young sharp and he’s a problem solver. No bs but treats his patients very well....Very good doctor best fertility doctor compared to the tons of unqualified doctors my friends have seen. He leaves no stone unturned and gives you real advice (stop working out all the time, drink less alcohol). He’s to the point but gets the job done. He has a great memory and remembers your specific case.
Investment Banker
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Very good doctor best fertility doctor compared to the tons of unqualified doctors my friends have seen. He leaves no stone unturned and gives you real advice (stop working out all the time, drink less alcohol). He’s to the point but gets the job done. He has a great memory and remembers your specific case. I am very lucky to have been referred to him by my obgyn and has success.
Show up informed, do your research under stand that treatment is both medical and lifestyle choices. Eat a healthy diet, take prenatals, maintain a heathy lifestyle. I see many patients expecting too much, there is a lot that is in your control. You have to drive your own outcome and be productive with your treatment.
After two natural miscarriages, we decided to move on to ivf. Low dosage stimulation with drugs resulted in 10+ eggs harvested. Several healthy embryos where formed and implanted one (frozen cycle). Very lucky first embryo took and resulted in healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses are super sharp at Weill Cornell wish they had nurses in TriBeCa office. Always responsive even if primary nurse is off. Difficult to get to upper east side office if you live downtown. Very nice and helpful nursing staff answers any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Top notch care, best doctors not the cheapest option in manhattan but the most advanced care. Tribeca office is fast, efficient and clean. Upper east side (main office) is packed at all hours even 6am on weekends.
Monitoring hours are very busy, come early or else at 9am you could have a decent wait.
30,000 for ivf, frozen cycle all drugs associated, full genetic testing on embryos. Freezing extra embryos, also paid a nurse to come to my apartment daily and administer all the ivf shots. Insurance paid zero ivf costs so paid for all of it.
Due to my age less than 35 one embryo was transferred. One embryo took and resulted in single healthy pregnancy. Unless you are older or have several failed attempts I believe one is the best number.
Tribeca
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I saw him [Dr. David Reichman] after trying to conceive for 3 years, seeing other specialists and suffering two miscarriages. Dr. Reichman took a very close look at why I was miscarrying and noticed two separate issues that other doctors had missed. He fixed both problems so that when we decided to do IVF, I had the best chances of it working. Dr. Reichman has an excellent bedside manner, but even more than that, he is extremely knowledgeable and precise.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Reichman! He is right up there with the very best reproductive specialists in his field i.e., Dr. Schoolcraft at Colorado. I saw him after trying to conceive for 3 years, seeing other specialists and suffering two miscarriages. Dr. Reichman took a very close look at why I was miscarrying and noticed two separate issues that other doctors had missed. He fixed both problems so that when we decided to do IVF, I had the best chances of it working. Dr. Reichman has an excellent bedside manner, but even more than that, he is extremely knowledgeable and precise. He is responsive and will make time to answer all of your questions. Dr. Reichman helped me successfully conceive on the first try with IVF. I know I would not have a baby boy today had I not met Dr. Reichman when I did. I don't normally write reviews but want other woman in search of an amazing doctor to know really great help does exist.
Don't wait any longer, see Dr. Reichman if you are having trouble conceiving. He is the best in his field.
Dr. Reichman was empathetic, considerate and went above and beyond to give the best care possible. He was completely committed to getting me pregnant and explored all potential issues, while fixing many things that other specialists missed. He is very smart and dedicated to his work; seeing that patients get the best care.
Dr. Reichman noticed I had scar tissue blocking my fallopian tubes so he removed that, followed by IVF transfer, 5 day frozen embryo. He also recommended genetic testing after I suffered from 2 miscarriages at age 38. IVF was successful on the first try.
Wonderful! Pleasant, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic offered incredible treatment from start to finish. The facility was clean and organized. I never waited more than 20 minutes for an appointment and often went right in. I would highly recommend to a new patient.
The treatment wad $30,000 out of pocket because insurance did not cover Dr. Reichman but I wanted to see him anyway because he was so good!
Dr. Reichman suggested 1 embryo, frozen, non medicated transfer.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman was just wonderful. From the beginning, he took into account my specific situation and goals, and we came up with an action plan together. He doesn’t sugarcoat and manages expectations realistically, which I appreciated tremendously. He also was incredibly responsive to all of my questions and concerns...Dr. Reichman is smart, skilled and just plain great at what he does. He’s extremely compassionate and caring.
European, Latino
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is smart, skilled and just plain great at what he does. He’s extremely compassionate and caring. When my first 2 transfers didn’t take (with other doctors that were scheduled on those days), Dr. Reichman made sure to perform my third transfer himself, and now I have a wonderful baby boy as a result. Dr. Reichman never hesitates to level with you (always with compassion) about what’s going on and what you’re expectations should be. I loved that about him, but you must be prepared to potentially face hard truths. One last thing... Dr. Reichman is incredibly responsive by email, which is wonderful considering the number of questions that can come up as part of the process.
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment with him and take his advice on a plan of action!
I don’t remember the specifics too well, but we decided up front that, given my age and desire for multiple children, we would commit to at least two egg retrieval cycles and freeze them all (following PGS) before attempting any transfers. I did those cycles back to back, and the protocol was slightly adjusted for the second based on the first cycle’s results. I immediately began my transfer cycles after my 2 retrieval cycles, and unfortunately the first two transfers didn’t take (they were natural transfers - single embryo). For the third transfer (also single embryo), we adjusted the protocol slightly by using estrogen patches and including an HCG trigger shot just before the transfer. That was the ultimately successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My primary nurse was wonderful - she clearly communicated my protocol and dosages and was extremely caring. Whenever I interacted with other nurses at the clinic, they were wonderful and kind as well.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is large, which I think is a strength, because they see so many cases per year and have a vast amount of experience. The downside is that you may feel a bit like you’re in a factory, particularly during monitoring hours. The Tribeca office is a great compromise because it has the benefits of the large clinic but is smaller than the main uptown office and feels a bit more personal.
It was an efficiently run window, but there are a lot of women. I tended to go early (like 6:30am) to avoid the 8:30 glut where waits tend to be longer.
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
I came to Dr. Reichman after having been diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome for the second time, resulting in thin uterine lining and fluid in the lining...Dr. Reichman is very kind and caring...I also liked his bedside manner...My husband had pushed for Dr. Reichman to work with another doctor and I think Dr. Reichman liked this plan too since he wanted what he was seeing to be confirmed by a colleague. This hysteroscopy went smoothly - the big scar on the left was removed and a balloon was placed.
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman after having been diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome (intrauterine scarring resulting from a D&C and/or c-section) for the second time, resulting in thin uterine lining and fluid in the lining. I had just done two FETs that were unsuccessful and wasn't sure what to do next since my embryos were in DC and I was living in NYC and felt like maybe I needed more extensive treatments and didn't want to travel to DC for them. Dr. Reichman was great about taking over my case and helping me feel like I wasn't alone in my struggles. He determined that I needed to have another hysteroscopy because the shape of my uterus was still abnormal and he thought that another hysteroscopy might fix the thinness issue and fluid issue (I had already had 4 hysteroscopies at this point - complicated story). I was hopeful that removing any remaining scarring would solve the issues. Another doctor I had seen for 3 of the previous hysteroscopies didn't think that removing additional scarring would help. He thought the uterus was good enough as is structurally but that I was now having a functional issue with my response to estrogen. I was willing to go with Dr. Reichman's plan since I had just had 2 unsuccessful FETs after working on the functional issue with estrogen therapy and wanted to try something new. Dr. Reichman did my 5th hysteroscopy. It did not go as planned. Dr. Reichman said my uterus was completely scarred shut, he didn't cut away any scars because it was too risky, and he couldn't place even a pediatric balloon in there. I was so so upset about this result. I mean I knew I had some scarring on the left side but I didn't think it was that severe - had I really just done 2 FETs of good embryos to a uterus that was completely scarred shut? We decided to do a 6th hysteroscopy with Dr. Reichman and his colleague Dr. Schattman one month later. I think Dr. Reichman liked the plan of collaborating with Dr. Schattman since he wanted what he was seeing to be confirmed by a colleague. This hysteroscopy went well - the big scar on the left that we knew about was removed and a balloon was placed. The second procedure at Cornell was successful in that my uterus appeared to be a normal shape one month later on saline ultrasound. However, after taking letrozole for a month and then clomid the following month to see what my lining would look like at ovulation time (a mock natural cycle), it was determined that there was nothing left to do about my thin uterine lining and fluid issues. If my lining had looked good either of those cycles, we would have scheduled another FET. Because it didn't look good (4mm-ish plus fluid), my husband and I had sex around ovulation (no pregnancy resulting). I think Dr. Reichman didn't actually go into my uterus during that first hysteroscopy; I think he went into the muscle under my uterus (something called a "false passage"). I brought this up after the first hysteroscopy with him and he didn't think that was what happened. And we didn't really talk about it after the second hysteroscopy. I think we were both just really hopeful that the second hysteroscopy would fix my problems. Oh my goodness. Doctors are really just people and hysteroscopies are mysteries. All I know is that I was counseled to pursue a gestational carrier during those dark days after the first hysteroscopy and that was actually a good thing because I started the process of coming to terms with my uterus really not being something that I can fix. Wish we'd had better results, but I think I've tried the functional issue approach and I've tried the structural issue approach and neither seems to have worked so I am moving on. In summary, I didn't get the results I wanted, but I still think Dr. Reichman is a good doctor and a good person too.
I don't have any advice. He's great because he's very accessible but also part of a state of the art practice.
Dr. Reichman is very kind and caring. I went to him because a friend recommended him. She liked his bedside manner. I also liked his bedside manner. I could tell that our visits truly affected him and that he felt genuinely sad for me when he had to give me bad news. I think he teared up while talking to me and said some really nice things like "You will get your second child." It was all very human. And the Cornell practice overall felt like a state of the art facility plus individualized care so that's a great combo.
I think I described them above.
I didn't really deal with the nursing staff that much. I mostly communicated directly with Dr. Reichman in person or over email for my issues. I actually went to Dr. Reichman specifically because I wanted ONE person who would be dealing with my thin uterine lining plus fluid situation. I was really tired of seeing different doctors and nurses each of whom would invariably say something different and bad about my uterus and didn't really understand my medical history.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I'm repeating myself - I think the strength of a place like Cornell is that you are going to get a lot of individualized attention from your doctor plus a state of the art medical facility. Also the doctors there confer with each other which is great. You really can't go wrong at Cornell.
Most of my treatments were medical (Asherman's Syndrome) and not ART and therefore covered by my insurance. Cornell happens to be covered but not in-network so I was paying higher co-pays, etc. Also we switched insurance mid-year and had to meet our deductible so I did end up paying several thousand dollars for my care (the hysteroscopies were about $500 each), but it was not unreasonable.
I believe Dr. Reichman is pro eSET.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Reichman really took the time to talk us through all of our options and helped us make difficult decisions. I felt like I received a very high level of care. I liked that he was more cautious than other Drs. He gave us personal attention and took the time to talk by phone and email when we had any questions, I'd recommend to anyone...Due to my age, 41, he recommended a low dose IVF protocol. Due to low ovarian reserve and a low retrieval rate, we did ICSI as recommended. Originally, we were planning on freezing embryos from several retrievals, but because my fibroid started growing larger during several IVF cycles,Dr. Reichman recommended switching to a fresh transfer, which we did. We converted several IVF cycles to IUI to try to balance our financial issues and insurance coverage with the prospect of a good IVF cycle.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all of your questions.
Dr. Reichman was always warm, honest and got to know us. He took the time to talk us through different options and concerns. He was supportive when we encountered challenges.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Evangeline Iwu & Jen Greene)
Both our IUI and IVF nurses called us every day with results and Drs instructions. Both were very helpful with handling medication issues with the insurer and pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was impressed with the level of care and professionalism of everyone we worked with at Cornell! The TriBeCa office and Dr. Reichman provided a more personal experience that the UES location, but was closed on weekends and holidays, at which times we'd go to the UES location.
My primary insurance covered diagnostic tests and ART not including IVF. After 6 months of treatment, I got another insurance that covered IVF. Out of pocket I spent about $9,000 over the course of 1 year.
Due to my age, 41, and the fact that we didn't do PGS, Dr Reichman recommended transferring all 3 of the day 3 embryos we retrieved and fertilized.
Tribeca
Once, there was a power outage, and patient records were not available. However, Dr. Reichman needed no prompting about my history or circumstance, even despite seeing multiple patients an hour at an ungodly time. Another time, my husband was late to my first ultra sound hearing the heartbeat. He quickly repeated it since my husband made the trip from work. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Reichman's care, professionalism and results...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I always felt I was treated as individual. Dr. Reichman was always personable and offered clear explanations. I especially appreciated his detail to follow up and quick responses with emails and immediate concerns. He presents a caring and understanding bedside manner. I felt I was in good hands immediately, especially after transferring from RMA where I did not feel comfortable at all. He has a natural instinct with patients and a sincere temperament during some very emotionally trying times.
Prepare your questions in advanced or your appointments. Know that he always follows up on email correspondence usually in less than 24 hours. Trust his instincts with your care, but don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Reichman is an amazing doctor. You never feel rushed or like just a number. He is always personable, lending an ear for questions or concerns and available for questions during and after your appointment. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are cared for and understand procedures and process. Once, there was a power outage, and patient records were not available. However, Dr. Reichman needed no prompting about my history or circumstance, even despite seeing multiple patients an hour at an ungodly time. Another time, my husband was late to my first ultra sound hearing the heartbeat. He quickly repeated it since my husband made the trip from work. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Reichman's care, professionalism and results.
We did 3 IUI cycles though we know it was a low probability of working. Dr. Reichman honored my desire to try every approach necessary even when we knew ultimately IVF was most likely the best route, He was supportive to my choices but made his opinion known. IVF using ICSI was inevitably the successful approach. He monitored my medications closely and, in my opinion, successfully with minimal issues. I did experience abdominal pain due to swollen ovaries for nearly a month after retrieval, but with 22 eggs retrieved, all mature, I imagine it's all normal. As our issues was male factor infertility, I was not put on any additional medications through IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Green)
My main nurse was not the nurse who treated me as I was in the Tribeca location. However, she was the one I communicated with regarding results and medications. She was very helpful when available, but often I would need to speak with another nurse as schedules seemed to fluctuate.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Be prepared to wait 15 minutes sometimes longer, but always be on time...actually early because the building has security that can delay you. Also, request a card to sign in as soon as possible. Dr. Reichman was always sincerely apologetic when he was running behind, but he also accommodated me at my last appointment when I got the time wrong. I never felt inconvenienced, as waiting at a doctors is protocol.
Insurance covered just over 1/2. IVF cost $10,000 out of pocket not including monitoring charges which added to an additional $1500 out of pocket.
7 Eggs Frozen
7 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Going through this process was an emotional and exhausting experience. Dr. Reichman did his best to help me understand what I would experience and provided me with realistic expectations. I felt fortunate that I was able to email him with any questions because things move quickly in the appointments and I would generally think of things after I left. I never worried that I wouldn't hear from him or a nurse to put me at ease.
I would say come prepared with questions written down. He is more than happy to go through everything with you, but it helps to be prepared.
Dr. Reichman is kind, caring, and willing to answer all of your questions. He responds to emails quickly and thoroughly and never rushes you out of the examination. I truly felt like he had my best interest at heart. Obviously, doctors in that situation can't tell you what to do, but Dr. Reichman would say, "If it were my wife, this is what I would suggest..." This statement truly brought me comfort and made me feel like I was in good hands.
I went in to freeze my eggs. It turned out that I had a very low AMH. At the time I had been on birth control for over 15 years. Dr. Reichman suggested that I go of for a month and then retest my AHM. I did and it went up so we moved ahead. I was prescribed 150 of Menopur and 200 of Gonal. My Menopur stayed the same and my Gonal went up to 300 throughout my treatment. I also used 1 Ganirelex and a trigger shot. After my procedure, which yielded 10 eggs and 7 that they were able to freeze, I felt concerned that maybe I should have waited a little longer to see if my AMH went up more. Dr. Reichman could tell that it was really bothering me. He suggested that I get it tested after about 3 months. I did and It actually went up significantly. Unfortunately, my insurance did not cover the procedure, and being a teacher, I couldn't afford to do another cycle. I wish I had waited a little longer, but this is not a situation that can be predicted.
I was always able to call with questions. Someone always got back to me in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is small and it was nice to always see Dr. Reichman for monitoring hours. I never waited very long for monitoring and blood work. I live all the way uptown, but Dr. Reichman felt strongly about being the one to see me and I appreciated that.
Monitoring hours were never painful. I live all the way uptown and couldn't be late to school, so I wold make sure to get there early. I was usually in and out quickly and at work on time after each visit. I also always saw Dr. Reichman at my appointments, which helped ease my anxiety and feel confident that he was giving me the best treatment possible.
I think I spent about $10,000. My medications were covered, but that was it.
Tribeca
Be prepared: He's [Dr. David Reichman] blunt, and he looks young, but wow does he know his stuff. He was able to offer new options that were just being published about, and explain exactly why those options would work in my case...No one likes to hear that they are fat: even if its the truth, its hurts. It hurts more when you hear that your weight is the barrier to you getting pregnant. Did I need to hear it to get the swift kick in the pants to make a change IMMEDIATELY? Yes. Did I like hearing it? No. I was pretty devastated for a day or so, but I appreciated his honesty vs sugar coating things. After that first conversation, we knew exactly what steps we were going to take to get me pregnant, and at what point we'd move on to Option B. He was very available, and I had his email address and cell # from Day 1. I actually emailed him on the Saturday morning after taking a pregnancy test that was positive, and he responded immediately to come in without an appointment on Monday morning. Every time we had test results (blood tests for pregnancy & then genetic testing), he called me personally. I sincerely appreciated that.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be prepared: He's blunt, and he looks young, but wow does he know his stuff. He was able to offer new options that were just being published about, and explain exactly why those options would work in my case.
I was truly shocked that on our first visit, he sat down with my husband and I for SO long to get our family medical histories. He was BLUNT but caring, and took a lot of time to explain options.
We did a course of meds to help me have a period (I forget the name) and then metrozole + metformin (25mg?). The logic for metrozole over Clomid came from studies that were showing better results in women with an elevated BMI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Evangeline)
Evangeline was so great - from answering any crazy questions I had to helping me call pharmacies all over the city to find a special medicine she wanted me on after my positive pregnancy test. I sincerely enjoyed having her participate in my care.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The waiting room just smells like desperation. Be prepared for that; I was shocked. Everything else is great.
I paid regular co-pay fees (maybe $20 each time?) but then everything was covered through my insurance.
Tribeca
[Dr. David Reichman] Treated me very much like a human, always remembered my case and treated me with kindness and compassion.... I could not recommend him more highly. There is truly something to be said for the continuity and personalized care you feel you are getting by seeing the same doctor each time. He is amazing and delivered.... Dr reichman’s nurse Hannah is excellent. Friendly, kind and very easy to get results from and actually reach on the phone with questions. Super responsive.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I could not recommend him more highly. There is truly something to be said for the continuity and personalized care you feel you are getting by seeing the same doctor each time. He is amazing and delivered. I’m pregnant!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Getting started felt like a big bureaucracy and I had lots of questions regarding insurance and things that were often difficult to get quick answers to. But, it was just because they efficiently get it all done behind the scenes. So all good in the end but stressful at first. You have to just trust that they’re taking care of medication pre authorizations, etc. Monitoring was quick and easy and the tribeca nurses are great.
Well oiled machine 6:30-8:30. Is often go right at 8:25 and never waited long. The weekends you must go to the UES. It’s a longer wait.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman was cautiously optimistic and presented me with positive and negative what if’s. He was realistic and guided me to measure my expectations. He was very kind and supportive. He explained everything and respected my lack of knowledge in this field....He actually remembered who I was without referring to a chart....The plan was to proceed without medication, especially after tests showed that my body was functioning exceptionally. If the first IUI was unsuccessful, I would have a D&C, proceed with medication. The D&C was due to build up in keep uterus (at least that was my understanding).
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don’t be afraid to ask him anything.
He actually remembered who I was without referring to a chart.
The plan was to proceed without medication, especially after tests showed that my body was functioning exceptionally. If the first IUI was unsuccessful, I would have a D&C, proceed with medication. The D&C was due to build up in keep uterus (at least that was my understanding). Also, I have a fibroid he was concerned marginally with. IVF would be our last ditch effort.
They were kind and nurturing especially when I came by to be monitored and especially when drawing blood.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very clean and nicely decorated, if the latter is important to you. The magazine selection is good, too. The hours work with yours, as well. The clinic is easily accessible by public transportation.
I have the blessing to work for a company that included fertility treatments as part of its health benefits. At this point, I had met my deductible and incurred no or little out of pocket costs.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman is incredibly personable and genuine. He always seemed present and I never felt rushed.... I felt like I was in the best care possible when I was treated by Dr. Reichman. He is very knowledgeable and has great bed side manner-he gives you the facts in terms you can understand but is also very compassionate.... I was instructed to cut back on working out and gain a few pounds. 5 months of blood work and monitoring. 3 months of trigger shots and clomid. Successfully conceived on 3rd try without further intervention.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with questions and don’t be afraid to ask them. He always made time to answer my questions thoroughly.
The nurses were always very friendly and organized.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The office itself is beautiful and clean. Appointments tend to run 10-15 minutes late, however, Dr. Reichman was always apologetic if he was running late. The front desk staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient.
Co pay for each visit with Dr Reichman. Around $125 for each trigger shot. Insurance covered clomid almost completely.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
[Dr. David Reichman was] constantly accessible, answered every question, patient, called a number of times to make sure we went over each step and walked me through concerned risks. Never made me wait at appointments...Gonal f 150 first two nights, then 100, then 75, last 3 nights at 50. Menopur 75 every night Ganilrelex started on night 4 Responded well.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Thoughtful, accessible, patient, upfront, listened to my thoughts/ideas without judgement, supportive. Great team of nurses, allowed me to email them any time. Dr emails with me, as well. All this provides comfort to my mind as the process can be so daunting.
Tell him everything, don't be shy to ask small/"silly" questions.
Constantly accessible, answered every question, patient, called a number of times to make sure we went over each step and walked me through concerned risks. Never made me wait at appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer green)
Instructions were clear, calm and easy. She checked in with Dr, communicated often with me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Highly efficient, professional, organized. Appointment times easy, no long waiting.
Super efficient. Was in and out in 30 minutes. Had blood work and ultrasound, one quickly after the other.
Insurance covered 80% of meds. Paid $1700 for them. IVF total cost: 13k
Tribeca
I saw Dr. Reichman each time I went for an office visit. Dr. Reichman was also very responsive to emails. Any questions we had, we could email him directly and he would respond quickly....Dr. Reichman was very knowledgeable and caring. He wanted me to go straight to IVF but I wanted to try a couple of rounds of IUI first, he was supportive of it but was realistic with my expectations...He may be blunt at times and you may feel hurried but he has your best interests at heart.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Clomid (1st round IUI). Clomid and Gonal F / Follistim (2nd round IUI). Both were negative cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Since Dr. Reichman was a very busy doctor, we felt that the nurses were overwhelmed at times. They would take a while to get back to me if I had any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We liked Weill Cornell's modern facilities. The uptown location gets very busy, and there may be some wait time but not bad. Dr. Reichman's location in Tribeca was busy but wait time was not so much of an issue.
Under $1,000 for IUI and procedures done prior to IUI.
Tribeca
Dr. R New what he was doing. He [Dr. Reichman] was very efficient about the whole process...The doctor remembered my history without having to read from notes....You won’t see so much of him, because most of your treatment is blood tests and scans and the IUI, which is not even done by him. But he manages everything....lots of early morning appointments so you don’t need to miss work....The nursing staff was competent and warm.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. R New what he was doing. He was very efficient about the whole process, and was ready to do the IUI before I had even chosen a donor, by which I mean he was faster about the process than even I was.
All the staff knew my name. The doctor remembered my history without having to read from notes.
The nursing staff was competent and warm. The receptionists were competent but seemed irked at having to do their job.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They, along with NYU, are the two NYC fertility powerhouses. Mass processing means efficiency and a system that includes lots of early morning appointments so you don’t need to miss work. I don’t think a “personal touch” matters as much as a good system that gets you tested and monitored and pregnant. Weill is very good at what it does.
Insurance covered 100% of my two IUS. Tiny lab co-pays (eg $20). My only out of pocket expense was the Sperm itself and shipping it.
Tribeca
Dr Reichman was present in my exams and did them himself unlike my prior Dr who was very difficult to talk to. The treatment was always personalized, clear and he took the time to answer all our questions...Dr Reichman is a very professional Dr, practical and caring. He was straight forward with us and did the best according to our specific circumstances. We wish we would have started with him, we would had saved a lot of time, energy and emotional difficulty.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Listen to him, ask a lot of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
They were patient and very clear, I received calls from my nurse after every visit explaining exactly what have to do next. She was always very nice and personal.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic works efficiently. There are quite a few patients but everyone gets enough time with their Dr. The stuff is nice and well prepared. Sometimes is fast, others there is some waiting time. Routine visits are always very early in the morning.
They are very early in the morning and you have to give yourself time because it could be a fast process or not so much. The Dr always very nice and respond all our questions.
$15,000 per one full cycle: monitoring, retrieval, and transfer. Drugs are aside.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman was very sure of how he would treat the issue we had. He patiently answered all our questions in his office and also via emails, treated well and delivered results!... Dr. Reichman knows the subject well. He was very courteous. He starts seeing the patients from 6:45AM. So, we could easily schedule appointments before our office hours. We recommend him to everyone.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be prepared with a list of questions to ask him. He is generally busy - so if you are prepared, you will make the best use of the appointments.
We used IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
We felt that the support staff a bit stretched and rushed. Please add more staff.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very clean and organized. The front desk is amazing. The clinic needs more nurses to discuss the test results, etc. without being rushed. The clinic downtown near WTC is rightly located and easily accessible.
There were no issues here.
We used IUI
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman cares deeply about his patients and takes time to learn about their goals and create a tailored fertility program. He's very prompt to appointments and able to be flexible depending on patient needs and unexpected happenings during a cycle...Ask lots of questions. He's so busy that you have to make sure you take the initiative to have all of the information you need.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is empathetic, transparent, and realistic.
I was timid, so we started with the least invasive treatment options and worked our way from there as my comfort level grew. Dr. Reichman never pressured me and always made sure I understood my options and had all of the facts.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's clean, comfortable, and usually very prompt. They have a large team and all really seem to care.
We've only done IUI's and our largest costs were on fertility medications.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Reichman takes the time to get to know each of his patients. He shares the details of the chosen procedure and allows ample time to ask questions as well as provides his email for follow up questions.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a kind and passionate doctor. He makes sure to listen to what you have to say and will take the time to explain any concerns you may have.
Upper East Side