9.8

Harvard
Cornell

David Reichman works at

255 Greenwich Street

[Dr. Reichman's] treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate...He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly.
The nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions...I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise...Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I remember being so nervous for my consultation. Remember, that’s normal! It can be a very nerve wrecking and stressful process without the right pilot to navigate the way for you and your partner. Dr. Reichman is that pilot! First, his knowledge — he is tremendously knowledgeable in his field. One thing I love about Dr. Reichman is he doesn’t pretend to know things that go beyond his scope as a Reproductive Endocrinologist; he always speaks to his field first and foremost. He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly. And if you’re a sensitive person, he will certainly cushion that honesty with a great deal of kindness and sensitivity as well. Third, his lack of BS (which kind of goes with the honesty thing). But is a separate point worth bringing up. He does not show-off, or act in an arrogant way, also as some doctors can. He is reserved and composed in his demeanor such that you innately trust him with your health and the well-being of your future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Write down any questions you may have in case you forget them. Dr. Reichman will ALWAYS give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have, so it’s good to be prepared for a fruitful conversation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot begin to describe the positive impact Dr. Reichman and his remarkable team have had on my life. His treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate. It is a pleasure and true honor to benefit from his gifts in the medical field, and to now have my son Zachary. Thank you, Dr. Reichman. It makes me feel that much better about the world knowing countless women will be helped by you.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Sorry ladies, I don’t remember many specifics. Just know you’re in the most capable hands with Dr. Reichman and his expert team of nurses and staff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions. Because my husband is a doctor, I never had questions about their instructions, but I’m sure that if you have them they are super receptive to that. I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is among the best in the world — case closed! Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art. After all, Weill Cornell is affiliated with the #4 Hospital in the nation.
Tribeca

I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Tribeca

We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.
Tribeca

The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).
Tribeca

front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.
Tribeca
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K

2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Reichman is direct, yet compassionate. He truly makes you feel that he is on your team and committed to get the best results possible. His confidence as a physician is exuded through his “matter of fact” communication style. He is not pushy with treatment options and always willing to answer any questions without making you feel silly for asking...Stims: gonal, menopur, ganerelix. Novarel & lupron trigger. Natural Cycle FET - lupron trigger & endometrin post transfer.
As a practice, Cornell does not typically go into full detail explaining what is happening before and during the IVF process. I did a lot of research on my own and learned along the way. You have to advocate for yourself and ask the questions to get information. On the other hand, Cornell’s facilities and staff are amazing which leads you to trust the process and put your case in their hands.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
There are a high volume of patients that visit the office, but it is extremely efficient and you never wait very long. Additionally, there is always someone to answer your calls or emails with any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Christine is amazing! She is extremely responsive, helpful, detailed, and organized with a good attitude. She spends as much time as needed to answer all of your questions and provides detailed instructions during the process.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: technology/lab, top physicians, ability to treat patients based on individual needs. Weaknesses: a lot is left up to the patient which can be difficult if you are not resourceful (billing/insurance, how to administer meds & shots). The billing department was not helpful or reassuring.
All covered under insurance except pgt testing
Tribeca

He [Dr. David Reichman] is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments...He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy...we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless...Strengths: Clean, thorough, very organized. Multiple locations, so appointments may be easier to get (including on weekends). Weaknesses: Because they have multiple locations, sometimes you may end up having to go to different offices for appointments.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We had first engaged with a different fertility clinic, and we didn't know anything about the process and how fertility treatments should be conducted. When we switched to Dr. Reichman, we feel like we finally understood how fertility treatments should be undertaken by a real professional, and we felt that we were in the right hands. He was honest with our situation and our chances, and he made sure to advise us and make adjustments to our courses of treatment tailored to our individual circumstances. He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions that you might have about the process - about treatments, things you should or shouldn't do, what to expect, etc. He is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments.
I felt like Dr. Reichman and his team was closely watching everything that was happening with me when it comes to fertility and achieving a pregnancy. There were quick follow-ups after every visit and if needed, they were available for an appointment on short notice (including next day).
Dr. Reichman and we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were responsible for only visit and medication copays.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman has a large volume of patients. However, he always makes himself available to discuss questions and concerns. Nothing is to silly or small. Make sure you do your research and come prepared with your questions. Dr. Reichman is a very trustworthy doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and I have found that he will not lead you in the wrong direction...My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed...The greatest strength of Weill Cornell is the quality of doctors and embryologists that work there. This clinic is run very efficiently. I never had to wait too long in the Tribeca office. The uptown office was much busier and although wait times were longer, I feel the level of service I received was superior. After coming from a private clinic that I really did feel like I was just a number at, I can truly say I was impressed with my treatment at Cornell, even with the amount of volume they had!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to see Dr. Reichman after careful consideration and much research. The clinic I was previously using would not allow me to use my own eggs due to my age, even after I had a previously successful pregnancy with them at the age of 42. I was set on trying to become pregnant once again at the age of 44 using my own eggs. Dr. Reichman was not only a very skillful doctor, he was very compassionate. I needed a doctor who was going to "think outside of the box" in my case. However, I also needed someone with great skill and knowledge. I consider myself very blessed to have found Dr. Reichman. At my age, I did not want to PGS test my embryos, as I knew that most likely the quality would not come back as great. Dr. Reichman set a protocol for me that none of the other doctors I had met with or worked with even mentioned. However, it was something I was on board with 100 percent. He was very honest with me in regards to the statistics. However, I found him to be very positive and encouraging. He was truly invested in my success. When I had setbacks, they were his setbacks as well. However, he was the one to look upward and onward. He refused to give up on me. When I finally did have success, Dr. Reichman was extremely cautious given my age. However, after DNA testing was completed and the results were in, Dr. Reichman could not hide his own excitement when he personally called me with the good news. "We did it" I think were his exact words! Dr. Reichman is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, honest, compassionate and invested in his patients' success.
Weill Cornell is an extremely busy clinic. However, I never once felt like a number. Dr. Reichman was always readily available to answer my questions and concerns.
Due to my age, I had requested to go straight to IVF. My intention was to "bank" as many embryos as I could since I was not doing PGS testing. My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed. She spent a great deal of time answering my questions thoroughly . When I needed to leave a message, I always received a call back promptly. The other nurses, especially Val, were terrific as well. I remember one time feeling very discouraged and sharing my thoughts with her. She was so encouraging and told me not to give up. When I finally did get pregnant, she was beyond excited to tell me about the positive result!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am very lucky that my costs were covered under insurance.
Due to my age, I did not have PGS testing on any of these embryos. We thawed 6 embryos and 3 of them looked "decent." Dr. Reichman believed that we should transfer the three. When I questioned him about one of the embryos, he informed me of the statistics and his previous experiences. I put my trust in him and he did not disappoint!

2017 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Reichman] recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach...always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history...He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
We did IVF with PGS testing [at Weill Cornell Medical College] due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary...Very competent nurses and team...The Tribeca office is great. I always went early in the morning so I wouldn’t have to miss work and generally didn’t have to wait very long at all. I almost always saw Dr. Reichman directly. The uptown office is larger and was more of a wait, but if you get there early it is fine. All of the doctors who I saw were great.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best RE out there. I always felt 100% confident that he was knowledgeable and well-informed with regard to my treatment, and that he was giving me advice with the best intention. He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
Go to him! I initially went because a friend recommended him, and have since recommended him to several of my own friends. Everyone I know who has gone to him has said he is a great doctor.
Dr. Reichman always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history.
We did IVF with PGS testing due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary.
Very competent nurses and team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The uptown Weill Cornell office is pretty large and gets busy but I really like the Tribeca location where Dr. Reichman is. It is smaller and more intimate, which I prefer. I like that the monitoring hours are early, so that you don’t have to miss any work for monitoring during a treatment cycle.
About $20-$25k for an IVF cycle with PGS testing
Dr. Reichman and Weill Cornel recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach.
Tribeca

He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. ... We never felt dismissed. ... We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward.
You should know that your RE [at Weill Cornell] may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. ... As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is extremely intelligent, patient, understanding, and compassionate. He is interested in your health and reproductive goals. He evaluated us, gave us options, and based on our family planning goals decided on a plan. We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward. I also appreciate that he encouraged us to think through about our decision so that we may avoid potentially excessive procedures. He is also very responsive but it may take 2 to 3 days to get a reply via email. He was kind enough to email us as soon as he knew of a reassuring 1st hcg test before the nurse got to call us. Thank you Dr Reichman!
He is based on evidence and facts. The landscape of infertility and age can be a difficult one to face. He won't be abrasive about it but he won't sugar coat it either. He will be honest if he doesn't have all the answers. I believe he pursues and delivers excellence, science, evidence, and patient centered quality care.
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. Regardless of our questions, he answers them in a genuine, honest, straightforward way. We never felt dismissed.
Both my cycles for egg retrieval used 325 mg Gonal F and 75 mg Menopur. The Gonal F was titrated based on my lab results but it never exceeded 325mg. My trigger was a combo of HCG and Lupron. My 1st cycle resulted in 19 eggs retrieved, 8 immature, 11 mature, 8 fertilized via ICSI, 5 embryos made it to day 6 for genetic testing, 2 were euploid. My 2nd cycle, I was given an estrogen patch to help "sync" my eggs to reduce the number of immature eggs. The results, 22 eggs retrieved, 9 immature, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 8 embryos made it to day 6, 3 euploids. As per Dr Reichman, each euploid embryo has a 60% to possibly 70% chance of a live birth.
The nursing staff is excellent. Christine always returned my phone calls and addressed all my concerns. She's sympathetic and understanding. She was very patient and informative as I reviewed the medications, side effects, lab results, and the next plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca clinic is modern, clean, and less busy than the upper east side. One strength is that you can go to either clinic for routine bloodwork and US. Dr Reichman prefers to do his own ultrasounds. On weekends, the upper east side is the only clinic that maybe opened (this may have changed post Covid). You should know that your RE may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. IVF is daunting, in terms of all the steps, procedures, medications, costs, and uncertainty. As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
Our insurance covered some of the costs of the cycle. Genetic testing of the embryos was out of pocket pay for us, which became expensive but for us, necessary. We still had office visit co pays and medication co pays which added up. Lastly, they do balance billing so if the insurance did not cover the full cost, we are responsible for the difference.
He only transfers 1 euploid at a time. This is in sync with the recommendations of the ASRM, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Tribeca

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
We did 5 IUIs with Dr. Reichman with different types of medications from clomid to injectables with no success. We went through 5 rounds of IVF with him as well all with the antagonist protocol. During the first 3 cycles the dosing was similar - on the last two cycles he increased the Follistim since I had gained weight. Unfortunately, my egg quality was poor and I am a low responder.
I found it frustrating that no one on the team [at Weill Cornell] seemed to follow my case closely - you need to be your own advocate. I had to seek out acupuncture and supplements on my own as the clinic does not seem to include those in their regimen. I am incredibly disappointed with my results at the clinic. The first three unsuccessful cycles were attributed to my husband's poor sperm quality. We switched to donor sperm. The following three cycles were then attributed to poor egg quality. Frustrating to not know if egg quality played a role in the first three cycles and that we could have perhaps gone with a different protocol in cycles four through six based on that information.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman performed all ultrasounds during morning monitoring, which was great. It gave me an opportunity to see and speak with the doctor directly even if for a short amount of time. Dr. Reichman is also very accessible via email. He was always empathetic to my losses. I felt like he was always rushed and in a hurry. He has a matter of fact way of expressing information that does not always leave time to foster discussion or questions. Very intelligent and clearly wants to help his patients.
Arrive with your questions ready to go at your appointments.
Dr. Reichman has a very busy practice and while I was able to email with him frequently, I felt he may not understand my desperation at trying to conceive. He was always able to express sympathy, but never did much to think outside the box and change protocols. Since I have undergone so many cycles, staff did remember my name and face, which was comforting.
Christine was alway responsive to emails, which is my preferred means of communication. She was always compassionate when delivering bad news, and had many helpful tips on purchasing meds, etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The weekend monitoring hours on the UES are a cattle call, but they work very hard to get you in and out in a reasonable time period. I found it frustrating that no one on the team seemed to follow my case closely - you need to be your own advocate. I had to seek out acupuncture and supplements on my own as the clinic does not seem to include those in their regimen. I am incredibly disappointed with my results at the clinic. The first three unsuccessful cycles were attributed to my husband's poor sperm quality. We switched to donor sperm. The following three cycles were then attributed to poor egg quality. Frustrating to not know if egg quality played a role in the first three cycles and that we could have perhaps gone with a different protocol in cycles four through six based on that information.
I highly recommend arriving at the office exactly at 6:30 am to beat the rush, otherwise there will be a wait time.
I paid for one IVF cycle out of pocket, approximately $25,000. I also paid for IUI out of pocket. Prices significantly spiked in 2020 - in 2019 an IUI cost $750 and in 2020 I believe the cost was close to $1200.
Given my age he would only transfer a max of 2 embryos
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.
Tribeca
The staff at [Cornell] Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive...I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman saved me during my fertility journey. When I began trying it became increasingly clear that I would need support from a doctor to get me through mentally. I realized that a fertility doctor is what I needed and after our first meeting with Dr Reichman, we never looked back. He made us feel like a baby was 100 percent possible and that he would be there every step of the way. I am an anxious person and he always made sure to calm me down, explain all the information and express the same common goal. My cycle was very stubborn and tricky and he always made me feel like it would be okay. I needed letrozole to help shorten my cycles. It worked well for two cycles and then it would work for a week and taper off. This was so frustrating. After a few tries we ended up adding in gonal-f which I reacted to quite well. I then got my first IUI and am now about 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Reichman is trustworthy, intelligent and a partner in the process. I highly recommend!
Come prepared with questions to each appointment. Dont be afraid to email if you have something to say.
Dr reichman personally answered every email and called me whenever it was necessary. He took time in every appointment to make sure I had all the facts I needed and felt calm and ready for the next step.
cycle 1: tracked ovulation, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 2: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 3: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 4: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 5: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot- chemical pregnancy Cycle 6: letrozole (higher dose), timed intercourse Cycle 7: Letrozole (7.5 for 3 days, 5 for 2 days), 4 days gonal F and IUI - pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine lu)
The staff at Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca is a great office. I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
This was covered by my insurance so I payed a co pay of $60 each time I went.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman knew my history (from another clinic) prior to my first appointment. He clearly had read the records I had sent to their office. In addition, throughout my care with Dr. Reichman he was very accommodating to my busy work schedule...watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion throug
The nurse I was assigned [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to communicate with (via phone or email)...During the week I always went to the Tribeca office to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring, so he could be the one performing my ultrasounds and looking at my endometrial lining. On the weekends, I went to the Upper East Side office. Although busier, I never waited more than 10 minutes for blood work and ultraound...While a cycle at Cornell was slightly more expensive than IVF at my previous clinic, it was worth it!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I did one egg retrieval at another clinic in NYC. From that retrieval we had 8 genetically normal embryos. We did two separate embryo transfers, which both failed. My endometrial lining would not grow over 5 mm. They were trying everything from vaginal viagra to estrogen injections. The doctor told me the next step would be surrogacy. I went to Dr. Reichman feeling defeated. At my first appointment with him he spent over an hour reviewing my history and setting expectations. He said I can't tell you I'm not worried, but I'm hopeful. This gave me a glimmer of hope as well. Dr. Reichman watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion through this emotionally and physically difficult period. I would recommend Dr. Reichman to ANYONE dealing with infertility.
Trust Dr. Reichman! Ask for explanations for decisions, but don't question his method.
For the egg retrieval we used gonal-F and menopur, adding cetrotide in. Lupro and HCG trigger. For the transfer we used vaginal viagra, estrogen patches and PIO.
The nurse I was assigned was easy to communicate with (via phone or email).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was rarely a long wait during monitoring hours. The clinic staff was professional and efficient. At the other clinic I went to, there was frequently a discrepancy between the plan I had discussed with the doctor and the plan the nurses would tell me. This never happened at Cornell. The entire team was on the same page.
Dr. Reichman strongly recommended we only transfer one embryo, given that this was a fresh transfer and a multiple gestation would increase the risk of OHSS.
Tribeca
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!

2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to....He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY.
Loved the [Weill Cornell] Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact?
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went in thanks to the ticking time bomb of my biological clock, educated but uncertain as to what path to take. He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY. I did 2 back to back rounds of egg retrievals & freezing. The 1st cycle produced good, better than expected results (19 eggs retrieved / 13 mature) but the 2nd did not (10 eggs retrieved / only 6 mature) - I think my body needed a break - my body just didn't feel nearly the same was as it did during the 1st cycle. Both times the protocol was the same since the 1st cycle was successful in terms of the # of eggs retrieved & my body responded well to the meds. Being that only eggs were frozen, I cannot really judge the success of these cycles - at least not yet.
Line up your questions ahead of time & jump into them - there is not a lot of time w/him!
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to. Nurses at the Tribeca location were also amazing in this regard.
Started with estrogen patch upon ovulation, took gonal-f, menopur, eventually adding on cetrotide (amounts varied based on bloodwork) & did a double trigger of lupron & pregnyl.
Primary nurse, Christine, was beyond amazing! So helpful, compassionate, & easy to talk too. All of the nurses in the Tribeca location were a dream. Did not love the weekend experience uptown, but I guess what can you expect for how busy it was. But I dreaded going, dreaded having blood drawn there (had a few issues), etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Loved the Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact? Not sure how that will end. Also the hospital experience (for retrieval) was as pleasant as could be.
Generally covered this in previous questions. Tribeca = amazing / Uptown = cattle call. I was generally able to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring on weekdays, on weekends there were multiple doctors that rotated. All were good / no complaints. Nurses in Tribeca were a lot nicer & gentler with drawing blood.
Approx. $8,500 per cycle + additional hospital fees (approx. $1 k), not inc. medication. Also there was an initial consultation fee which I think was somewhere between $800 - $900. I previously had testing done so they didn't make me repeat those expenses.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF...We used a natural cycle for our FET...Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work...monitoring always takes about 30-45 minutes, but it was efficient and predicable...The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF. Buy above all else - he's an incredible doctor. His success rates speak for themselves. There is no one else I would have wanted to do this process with.
Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.
Dr. Reichman is one of the kindest men. He is business like and efficient when that's called for and kind and gentle when that's appropriate. Empathy is neither faked nor absent. We made a special effort to be on hand for our transfer himself. As well, when we received bad news, the deep wellspring of his caring in unmistakable. I could not recommend him more highly.
We skipped right to IVF by choice. I was already well over 40 and didn't want to waste time on IUI or other less invasive methods. We did injectables hormones with daily monitoring, so dosages could be adjusted. I am a high egg producer so we triggered with a lupron and not HCG to prevent over stimulation. We used a natural cycle for our FET - which is preferable for many reasons now that we know how important the chemical secretions are during natural ovulation for pregnancy. Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's a busy clinic with lots of patients - but I liked that - things moved quickly, they were efficient and they treated my time as precious as theirs. Many women including myself do this while working and traveling to these appointments and that makes that kind of well oiled machine vibe wonderful. The only thing I didn't like was going up to the UES office. The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
I don't remember the full costs. We were mostly covered, but did may for our embryo storage, PGS testing, fetal blood cell testing, etc. It wasn't cheap, but honestly, after getting pregnant we never thought about the money again.
We were using PGS tested embryos - so single is the only way to go. Twins would have increased the chance of harm to me or the babies.
Tribeca

I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he [Dr. Reichman] airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged... Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones...advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process New Patient Advice
the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them...My primary nurse Christine as well as the whole staff at Weill Cornell in Tribeca are amazing. They are kind, professional and are always there to help and answer questions. This is not an easy process to go through and they really do make it better and easier. I can't say enough good things about them...The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly...the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I underwent 5 IVF cycles with Dr.Reichman and throughout the whole process I felt that I was in good hands and that he genuinely cared about me and helping me get pregnant. I feel that he is extremely knowledgeable and professional and is open to questions and discussions. Whenever my husband and I had questions he was available to talk about or concerns. I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged. That does not mean I don't agree with his philosophy of being extremely realistic. I prefer someone to tell it to me like it is and I would whole heatedly recommend him to anyone dealing with fertility issues. Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr.Reichman is extremely knowledgeable and I think educating yourself throughout this process is helpful in many ways.
Both Dr. Reichman and the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Great clinic, professional staff and the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly.
Dr.Reichman advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process
Tribeca

He [Dr. Reichman] was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!...warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available...He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF...He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
Strengths [at Weill Cornell]: The clinic is state of the art...The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait...you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open...She [nurse] was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality...Our IVF protocols included: estrogen patches, tailored doses ranging from 150-400 units of follistin, 75-150 units of menopur, anatagonist (ganirellix), leupron trigger, daily morning blood draws to tailor the dosages. We required 4 cycles due to poor egg quality.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was extremely patient, warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available, and knew that we could always count on him to remember the particulars of our situation. He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF.
Always arrive early! He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
He was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!
She was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: The clinic is state of the art with a lot of renowned top doctors. The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait.
We were fortunate to have amazing insurance that covered most costs. It is very infrequent but we had unlimited lifetime fertility benefits. We did, however, have to pay out of pocket for the genetic testing of the embryos.
We wanted to avoid the risk of multiple pregnancy and this was discussed with him.