9.8

Cornell

David Reichman works at

255 Greenwich Street

Treated 2018 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%
Treated 2020
I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.
Tribeca
front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. ... We never felt dismissed. ... We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward.
You should know that your RE [at Weill Cornell] may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. ... As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is extremely intelligent, patient, understanding, and compassionate. He is interested in your health and reproductive goals. He evaluated us, gave us options, and based on our family planning goals decided on a plan. We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward. I also appreciate that he encouraged us to think through about our decision so that we may avoid potentially excessive procedures. He is also very responsive but it may take 2 to 3 days to get a reply via email. He was kind enough to email us as soon as he knew of a reassuring 1st hcg test before the nurse got to call us. Thank you Dr Reichman!
He is based on evidence and facts. The landscape of infertility and age can be a difficult one to face. He won't be abrasive about it but he won't sugar coat it either. He will be honest if he doesn't have all the answers. I believe he pursues and delivers excellence, science, evidence, and patient centered quality care.
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. Regardless of our questions, he answers them in a genuine, honest, straightforward way. We never felt dismissed.
Both my cycles for egg retrieval used 325 mg Gonal F and 75 mg Menopur. The Gonal F was titrated based on my lab results but it never exceeded 325mg. My trigger was a combo of HCG and Lupron. My 1st cycle resulted in 19 eggs retrieved, 8 immature, 11 mature, 8 fertilized via ICSI, 5 embryos made it to day 6 for genetic testing, 2 were euploid. My 2nd cycle, I was given an estrogen patch to help "sync" my eggs to reduce the number of immature eggs. The results, 22 eggs retrieved, 9 immature, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 8 embryos made it to day 6, 3 euploids. As per Dr Reichman, each euploid embryo has a 60% to possibly 70% chance of a live birth.
The nursing staff is excellent. Christine always returned my phone calls and addressed all my concerns. She's sympathetic and understanding. She was very patient and informative as I reviewed the medications, side effects, lab results, and the next plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca clinic is modern, clean, and less busy than the upper east side. One strength is that you can go to either clinic for routine bloodwork and US. Dr Reichman prefers to do his own ultrasounds. On weekends, the upper east side is the only clinic that maybe opened (this may have changed post Covid). You should know that your RE may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. IVF is daunting, in terms of all the steps, procedures, medications, costs, and uncertainty. As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
Our insurance covered some of the costs of the cycle. Genetic testing of the embryos was out of pocket pay for us, which became expensive but for us, necessary. We still had office visit co pays and medication co pays which added up. Lastly, they do balance billing so if the insurance did not cover the full cost, we are responsible for the difference.
He only transfers 1 euploid at a time. This is in sync with the recommendations of the ASRM, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Treated 2017 - 2020
[Dr. Reichman] recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach...always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history...He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
We did IVF with PGS testing [at Weill Cornell Medical College] due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary...Very competent nurses and team...The Tribeca office is great. I always went early in the morning so I wouldn’t have to miss work and generally didn’t have to wait very long at all. I almost always saw Dr. Reichman directly. The uptown office is larger and was more of a wait, but if you get there early it is fine. All of the doctors who I saw were great.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best RE out there. I always felt 100% confident that he was knowledgeable and well-informed with regard to my treatment, and that he was giving me advice with the best intention. He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
Go to him! I initially went because a friend recommended him, and have since recommended him to several of my own friends. Everyone I know who has gone to him has said he is a great doctor.
Dr. Reichman always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history.
We did IVF with PGS testing due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary.
Very competent nurses and team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The uptown Weill Cornell office is pretty large and gets busy but I really like the Tribeca location where Dr. Reichman is. It is smaller and more intimate, which I prefer. I like that the monitoring hours are early, so that you don’t have to miss any work for monitoring during a treatment cycle.
About $20-$25k for an IVF cycle with PGS testing
Dr. Reichman and Weill Cornel recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach.
Treated 2020
Dr. Reichman has a large volume of patients. However, he always makes himself available to discuss questions and concerns. Nothing is to silly or small. Make sure you do your research and come prepared with your questions. Dr. Reichman is a very trustworthy doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and I have found that he will not lead you in the wrong direction...My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed...The greatest strength of Weill Cornell is the quality of doctors and embryologists that work there. This clinic is run very efficiently. I never had to wait too long in the Tribeca office. The uptown office was much busier and although wait times were longer, I feel the level of service I received was superior. After coming from a private clinic that I really did feel like I was just a number at, I can truly say I was impressed with my treatment at Cornell, even with the amount of volume they had!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to see Dr. Reichman after careful consideration and much research. The clinic I was previously using would not allow me to use my own eggs due to my age, even after I had a previously successful pregnancy with them at the age of 42. I was set on trying to become pregnant once again at the age of 44 using my own eggs. Dr. Reichman was not only a very skillful doctor, he was very compassionate. I needed a doctor who was going to "think outside of the box" in my case. However, I also needed someone with great skill and knowledge. I consider myself very blessed to have found Dr. Reichman. At my age, I did not want to PGS test my embryos, as I knew that most likely the quality would not come back as great. Dr. Reichman set a protocol for me that none of the other doctors I had met with or worked with even mentioned. However, it was something I was on board with 100 percent. He was very honest with me in regards to the statistics. However, I found him to be very positive and encouraging. He was truly invested in my success. When I had setbacks, they were his setbacks as well. However, he was the one to look upward and onward. He refused to give up on me. When I finally did have success, Dr. Reichman was extremely cautious given my age. However, after DNA testing was completed and the results were in, Dr. Reichman could not hide his own excitement when he personally called me with the good news. "We did it" I think were his exact words! Dr. Reichman is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, honest, compassionate and invested in his patients' success.
Weill Cornell is an extremely busy clinic. However, I never once felt like a number. Dr. Reichman was always readily available to answer my questions and concerns.
Due to my age, I had requested to go straight to IVF. My intention was to "bank" as many embryos as I could since I was not doing PGS testing. My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed. She spent a great deal of time answering my questions thoroughly . When I needed to leave a message, I always received a call back promptly. The other nurses, especially Val, were terrific as well. I remember one time feeling very discouraged and sharing my thoughts with her. She was so encouraging and told me not to give up. When I finally did get pregnant, she was beyond excited to tell me about the positive result!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am very lucky that my costs were covered under insurance.
Due to my age, I did not have PGS testing on any of these embryos. We thawed 6 embryos and 3 of them looked "decent." Dr. Reichman believed that we should transfer the three. When I questioned him about one of the embryos, he informed me of the statistics and his previous experiences. I put my trust in him and he did not disappoint!
Treated 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments...He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy...we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless...Strengths: Clean, thorough, very organized. Multiple locations, so appointments may be easier to get (including on weekends). Weaknesses: Because they have multiple locations, sometimes you may end up having to go to different offices for appointments.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We had first engaged with a different fertility clinic, and we didn't know anything about the process and how fertility treatments should be conducted. When we switched to Dr. Reichman, we feel like we finally understood how fertility treatments should be undertaken by a real professional, and we felt that we were in the right hands. He was honest with our situation and our chances, and he made sure to advise us and make adjustments to our courses of treatment tailored to our individual circumstances. He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions that you might have about the process - about treatments, things you should or shouldn't do, what to expect, etc. He is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments.
I felt like Dr. Reichman and his team was closely watching everything that was happening with me when it comes to fertility and achieving a pregnancy. There were quick follow-ups after every visit and if needed, they were available for an appointment on short notice (including next day).
Dr. Reichman and we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were responsible for only visit and medication copays.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my history (from another clinic) prior to my first appointment. He clearly had read the records I had sent to their office. In addition, throughout my care with Dr. Reichman he was very accommodating to my busy work schedule...watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion throug
The nurse I was assigned [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to communicate with (via phone or email)...During the week I always went to the Tribeca office to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring, so he could be the one performing my ultrasounds and looking at my endometrial lining. On the weekends, I went to the Upper East Side office. Although busier, I never waited more than 10 minutes for blood work and ultraound...While a cycle at Cornell was slightly more expensive than IVF at my previous clinic, it was worth it!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I did one egg retrieval at another clinic in NYC. From that retrieval we had 8 genetically normal embryos. We did two separate embryo transfers, which both failed. My endometrial lining would not grow over 5 mm. They were trying everything from vaginal viagra to estrogen injections. The doctor told me the next step would be surrogacy. I went to Dr. Reichman feeling defeated. At my first appointment with him he spent over an hour reviewing my history and setting expectations. He said I can't tell you I'm not worried, but I'm hopeful. This gave me a glimmer of hope as well. Dr. Reichman watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion through this emotionally and physically difficult period. I would recommend Dr. Reichman to ANYONE dealing with infertility.
Trust Dr. Reichman! Ask for explanations for decisions, but don't question his method.
For the egg retrieval we used gonal-F and menopur, adding cetrotide in. Lupro and HCG trigger. For the transfer we used vaginal viagra, estrogen patches and PIO.
The nurse I was assigned was easy to communicate with (via phone or email).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was rarely a long wait during monitoring hours. The clinic staff was professional and efficient. At the other clinic I went to, there was frequently a discrepancy between the plan I had discussed with the doctor and the plan the nurses would tell me. This never happened at Cornell. The entire team was on the same page.
Dr. Reichman strongly recommended we only transfer one embryo, given that this was a fresh transfer and a multiple gestation would increase the risk of OHSS.
Treated 2019 - 2020
The staff at [Cornell] Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive...I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman saved me during my fertility journey. When I began trying it became increasingly clear that I would need support from a doctor to get me through mentally. I realized that a fertility doctor is what I needed and after our first meeting with Dr Reichman, we never looked back. He made us feel like a baby was 100 percent possible and that he would be there every step of the way. I am an anxious person and he always made sure to calm me down, explain all the information and express the same common goal. My cycle was very stubborn and tricky and he always made me feel like it would be okay. I needed letrozole to help shorten my cycles. It worked well for two cycles and then it would work for a week and taper off. This was so frustrating. After a few tries we ended up adding in gonal-f which I reacted to quite well. I then got my first IUI and am now about 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Reichman is trustworthy, intelligent and a partner in the process. I highly recommend!
Come prepared with questions to each appointment. Dont be afraid to email if you have something to say.
Dr reichman personally answered every email and called me whenever it was necessary. He took time in every appointment to make sure I had all the facts I needed and felt calm and ready for the next step.
cycle 1: tracked ovulation, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 2: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 3: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 4: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 5: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot- chemical pregnancy Cycle 6: letrozole (higher dose), timed intercourse Cycle 7: Letrozole (7.5 for 3 days, 5 for 2 days), 4 days gonal F and IUI - pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine lu)
The staff at Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca is a great office. I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
This was covered by my insurance so I payed a co pay of $60 each time I went.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman always had a smile on his face and asked how I was. He responded quickly to my emails outside of office hours. He also always took what my husband and I wanted into consideration when presenting plans for next steps. I always felt like Dr. Reichman cared for me and was always rooting for the end result we wanted...When I came in for monitoring appointments he took my work schedule into account and would see me earlier in the morning.
Leave messages with questions. They always call you back [at Weill Cornell]...The ladies at the front desk always greeted me by name and were warm...The nursing staff was always friendly and answered all of my questions when they called with test results. They were also excellent when responding to messages I left for them... Our plan was to do one more cycle with IUI and then move on to IVF because my insurance would pay for it and my husband and I did not want to wait. Since it was our last IUI cycle Dr. Reichman though I should try clomid rather than letrozole to see if it yielded different results. I did not respond to clomid, so I went back on letrozole and did one last IUI. This cycle worked and I am now pregnant!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. I have never felt like a doctor was so invested in me as I did with Dr. Reichman. He not only is an amazing doctor but he is warm and compassionate. He was very patient and thorough when explaining options, procedures and next steps. He made me feel very confident in the choices I made because I felt he had given me all of the information I needed. I also always felt very confident with his recommendations. When I emailed him questions he responded quickly even outside of office hours. When I came in for monitoring appointments he took my work schedule into account and would see me earlier in the morning.
Choose him as your doctor.
The ladies at the front desk always greeted me by name and were warm. Dr. Reichman always had a smile on his face and asked how I was. He responded quickly to my emails outside of office hours. He also always took what my husband and I wanted into consideration when presenting plans for next steps. I always felt like Dr. Reichman cared for me and was always rooting for the end result we wanted.
I do not ovulate on my own due to PCOS. Dr. Reichman started me out on 2.5mg of letrozole to help me ovulate. He said that women with PCOS often respond better to letrozole than clomid. I did not respond to that dosage, so the next month he increased it to 5mg. I responded to that dosage and continued to use it for 3-4 cycles combined with regular monitoring, trigger shot and timed intercourse. Those cycles were met with negative pregnancy tests, so Dr. Reichman did a procedure to test my Fallopian tubes to make sure they were open. They were clear so, we moved on to 2 cycles of letrozole and IUI. Our plan was to do one more cycle with IUI and then move on to IVF because my insurance would pay for it and my husband and I did not want to wait. Since it was our last IUI cycle Dr. Reichman though I should try clomid rather than letrozole to see if it yielded different results. I did not respond to clomid, so I went back on letrozole and did one last IUI. This cycle worked and I am now pregnant!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Leave messages with questions. They always call you back........…................................... ..........….....................................................................................................
My insurance covered everything except for my copays.

Treated 2018 - 2019
If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, [Dr. Reichman is] your guy...For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos...Though Dr. Reichman is a busy doctor, I always felt like our questions were answered, issues clarified, etc. I was fairly active on email and he was super responsive.
Worked with Hannah [nurse at Cornell] during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went...We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My early reaction, and continued perspective on Dr. Reichman, is that I wish every doctor I had was like him. He’s super intelligent, passionate about his work, focused on results, data oriented, and a caring, communicative doctor. From our first consultation, he provided us with assurance that we had previously been lacking. The road wasn’t always smooth (2 failed IUIs), but we knew that the likelihood of getting pregnant that way was much lower than with IVF, given the data he presented in the first consult. When we had a hiccup with meds/insurance while starting IVF, he personally found a way to get us what we needed, allowing us to begin the cycle in what was a good month. I can’t ever say I’ve had a doctor that has gone so above and beyond. He was always very receptive to our thoughts and questions, to some concerns we had along the way, dedicated to making sure our experience was as good as it could be.
If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, he’s your guy.
2 IUIs, first cycle with Clomid and second with Letrozole. Second cycle elicited a larger egg count, but ultimately, both cycles did not produce a pregnancy. For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos. Got 12 oocytes, which led to 10 mature eggs. 8 fertilized, and 6 were viable after genetic testing. Meds prescribed pre-retrieval were Gonal F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. Did the trigger shot the night before the retrieval. Followed the transfer with progesterone inserts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Worked with Hannah during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Amazing clinic- super kind staff, very prompt ‘service,’ extremely clean and modern facility. This is one well-oiled machine, with a very uncommon level of care and humanity. I really appreciate how quickly I could get in and out of the office, esp given the frequency of appointments.
IUIs cost about $400 with our insurance, not sure about the actual cost. Our insurance didn’t pay for ivf, so we paid out of pocket. We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
Thought it was smart and strategic that we transferred one, given my age, the number of viable embryos we had, and the potential risks posed with multiples.
Treated 2018 - 2019
My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were...I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more...Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF...Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...I have only good things to say about WCM. It was clean, the staff organized and friendly. Sometimes the waiting room was crazy crowded and you'd have to wait for a while, but to be expected in New York...I spent a lot of time at WCM. I stopped counting after my 60th appointment. Yet somehow sometimes I would oddly look forward to those early morning appointments, which often required me to get probed and poked for blood work, etc. It was definitely because the staff was SO lovely and friendly, especially the nurse Christine who was clear and concise and had super positive energy, which I loved.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Weill Cornell with very little understanding of how fertility treatments worked or what the process was for someone like me who wasn't getting pregnant after months of trying. I'd researched a bit on the internet and chatted with friends, but there was a lot of conflicting information out there and it really seemed like fertility treatment depended so much upon the individual and their circumstance. My gynecologist at the time was extremely unhelpful answering fertility questions — she basically told me to come back in a year if I still wasn't pregnant, and that was that. I was so discouraged and really wasn't sure what to expect with WCM. My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were. From the very beginning, Dr. Reichman made it clear that his objective was to get us pregnant, and he was going to do everything in his power to make that happen. I could tell he was incredibly smart and an expert in his field, which made both my husband and I feel reassured and confident in his plan. As Dr. Reichman's patient, I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more.
Trust his judgement. Though it can of course be helpful to do your own research or talk to other women about IVF, I honestly never took anyone else's advice over his. If you have a question, no matter how silly, ask it and he will answer.
From my first appointment to my very last, Dr. Reichman made me feel like my case was a top priority. He always remembered my husband's name, what I did for work, and snippets from our previous conversations. He never compared me to other patients like some doctors do (which can make you feel like just another patient in a long line of patients), unless of course it was relevant or he was sharing an example. Dr. Reichman always responded to my questions honestly and openly. I knew he was working hard and following all of the right steps to get us where we wanted to be.
Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF in June of 2018. It was a bit of a rollercoaster those seven months — taking meds for two weeks then doing the procedure, then waiting the ten days....and every time is wasn't the answer we wanted. But Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging. After our 5th failed IUI we decided to do IVF and I was actually really relieved and excited for it. Dr. Reichman carefully explained what IVF would entail and WCM offered a helpful course, so we began the process with all of our questions answered, ready to go. All in, the 10 days or so of medication and daily monitoring wasn't so bad. Mostly it was enormously disruptive to my schedule but I didn't experience any pain or mishaps. We got 25 eggs which was a huge success, and ended up with 6 embryo. And as luck would have it, Dr. Reichman was able to do my transfer which made me really happy. That first transfer was successful, and I don't think I've ever been more excited than when I got the call confirming my bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I found that getting there early was always best (and the nurses tipped me off to this), so waiting wasn't too much of an issue. The clinic was well-run, super organized and had an overall welcoming environment.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF. IUIS I believe were about $1,000 each.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process... During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization.
The tribeca office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca... I have never been to a medical practice that runs this smoothly- and it is remarkable given the volume of patients here. Even during monitoring visits, I was most often in-and-out. Phlebotomists, nurses, front desk lovely and always friendly and quick!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Since our first meeting with Dr Reichman we have trusted him, had the utmost confidence in him and have felt like he has genuinely cared about the outcome of our process. He is direct and honest, compassionate and thoughtful through setbacks, reassuring and confident, and pleasant to interact with. He responds within hours to emails/phone calls. We felt like we were a team.
See him!
Cornell is a busy practice and at times in the waiting room you feel like just a number. However, when interacting directly with Dr Reichman (and his team) I always felt like I was his only patient. Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process
We have a 2.5yr old who was conceived naturally. After trying for 6+ months for a second child we saw Dr Reichman. Given my history he suggested IUI/clomid. We did 2 rounds with no success. He read my disappointment and we agreed together to do IVF. During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization. Second cycle was a success- 30-something eggs, 15 fertilized and 3 genetically healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The tribeca office is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca
Tribeca
It was very clear that Dr. Reichman felt personally invested in our efforts. He was always responsive and we felt comfortable asking him whatever questions we had. He cared about us as people not just patients. We felt like we fully trusted him...He caught a polyp that my previous doctor had not. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does his own ultrasound...which allows for the best possible care. It was great to see him at almost all of our appointments.
The Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] is very efficient. We rarely had to wait very long. Blood work was very efficient as well...It is smaller so more intimate. Always saw the same front desk staff as well as nurses and lab technicians. Everyone was very friendly. The office is immaculate, and also very conveniently located...one on one instruction around taking the medications to the small group class, they [nurses] helped us feel comfortable upfront. Throughout the process it was also great to be able to call them and even email them anytime. They were very helpful with making sure to order just the right amount of medication as my insurance was limited. They always called me every afternoon with clear instructions.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
In addition to being very knowledgeable, Dr. Reichman is a very caring and nice person, which was important to us. We never felt like we were just a random patient. Beyond that, Dr. Reichman is a great communicator (we could email him, and also he made time to listen during our appointments), and he was good at managing expectations while keeping us in positive mindset. We also felt he was very transparent and honest about our options. He was thorough while at the same time practical. He caught a polyp that my previous doctor had not. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does his own ultrasound (as do a lot of the doctors at Cornell), which allows for the best possible care. It was great to see him at almost all of our appointments. He made decisions quickly, which was great because it shortened the length of our treatment. He took into account our personal preferences (eg I didn’t want to do a fully medicated transfer cycle so he came up with alternatives). He also was thoughtful about adjusting our treatment, rather than just doing the same thing over and over like our previous doctor.
Trust the process. Cornell and Dr Reichman have a very well thought out process that worked perfectly for us. If he recommends something, take that seriously. He doesn’t just throw things out, everything is deliberate.
We went to Dr Reichman in the middle of an IUI cycle that we started with RMA. He was fine with taking us mid cycle. Because he saw us at each appointment (the RMA doctor didn’t see us for months) and because he did the ultrasounds, he was able to be smarter about the trigger date. When that did not work, he identified a polyp, and we removed it within a few weeks. The surgery was at Cornell’s new outpatient surgery center, and it was a great experience. Then we moved quickly into our first IVF cycle. We did the standard protocol (menopur, Goyal f, trigger shot). While it looked good initially, my estrogen levels did not rise as expected. Dr Reichman recommended cancelling to save money as we had limited insurance, but when our numbers looked a little better the next day we decided to go forward with it. He recommended genetic testing of the embryos, and we are glad we did because none of our four embryos were normal. We then quickly moved to a second cycle, in which Dr Reichman changed our medication. He used Lupron, which is used for people like me with poor egg quality. This cycle looked a lot better. We ended up with three genetically normal embryos. We tried a natural transfer cycle but again my hormones did not cooperate. Then we did a semi medicated cycle in which we used letrozole to ensure ovulation and then the progesterone suppositories. We then proceeded to transfer 1, and are now 10 weeks pregnant! Dr Reichman went out of his way to do our retrieval and transfer even when he wasn’t the scheduled doctor that day. It really meant a lot to see him in that room!
Christine as well as the other nurses were incredibly helpful throughout the process. From one on one instruction around taking the medications to the small group class, they helped us feel comfortable upfront. Throughout the process it was also great to be able to call them and even email them anytime. They were very helpful with making sure to order just the right amount of medication as my insurance was limited. They always called me every afternoon with clear instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I would highly recommend Weill Cornell to everyone! The tribeca clinic was especially easy to navigate. It is smaller so more intimate. Always saw the same front desk staff as well as nurses and lab technicians. Everyone was very friendly. The office is immaculate, and also very conveniently located.
The Tribeca office is very efficient. We rarely had to wait very long. Blood work was very efficient as well.
My insurance paid for a lot of it. We did have to pay for one retrieval cycle out of pocket.
Given the quality of our embryo, we never even discussed using multiple embryos.
Tribeca

never once did I feel like a number with Dr. Reichman...extremely kind and supportive while also being direct and honest.I’ve never had a doctor that I felt cared more about me than Dr. Reichman...From the hour-long introductory meeting we had with him to the emotional year-long IVF road that followed, at every step he was present, knowledgeable, caring, communicative, direct, confidant and optimistic for a successful pregnancy.This process is daunting with many highs and even more lows at times and Dr. Reichman got me through them all. I wouldn’t have completed three rounds of IVF and I would not currently be 8-weeks pregnant if he were not my doctor. I’m sure of tha
I have just as high of praise for his nurse Christine as I do for Dr. Reichman [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. She is beyond kind, smart and communicative. I always had a lot of questions and never once did she make me feel like a bother. Instead, she always put me at ease with her quick and helpful answers. They are quite the impressive team...was very upfront about the costs prior to my out-of-pocket cycle and always available to answer any of my billing questions.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Simply put, he’s the absolute best. From the hour-long introductory meeting we had with him to the emotional year-long IVF road that followed, at every step he was present, knowledgeable, caring, communicative, direct, confidant and optimistic for a successful pregnancy.This process is daunting with many highs and even more lows at times and Dr. Reichman got me through them all. I wouldn’t have completed three rounds of IVF and I would not currently be 8-weeks pregnant if he were not my doctor. I’m sure of that.
Do yourself a major favor, call NOW to book an appointment with him! And my one piece of advice for any patient with any doctor is to become informed about the process.The IUI/IVF process is confusing, and you can only ask the right questions if you are knowledgeable about your different treatment options. Dr. Reichman always had time to answer my questions and concerns, but it was on me to become my own advocate capable of making the right decisions for me and my family once he laid out all the information.
Cornell is a busy fertilitypractice, but never once did I feel like a number with Dr. Reichman. He is the perfectcombination of extremely kind and supportive while also being direct and honest.I’ve never had a doctor that I felt cared more about me than Dr. Reichman.
I used a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur for all my IVF rounds followed by Cetrotide with an HCG trigger shot.
I have just as high of praise for his nurse Christine as I do for Dr. Reichman. She is beyond kind, smart and communicative. I always had a lot of questions and never once did she make me feel like a bother. Instead, she always put me at ease with her quick and helpful answers. They are quite the impressive team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell was wonderful. I find all their processes extremely efficient, not to mention the staff at theTribeca office is incredibly friendly and helpful. By the end of my year, I knew every single person’s name in the office and they felt like friends, which made all my 6:30am monitoring appointments way more enjoyable.
My insurance through my employer offered a lifetime fertility maximum of $25,000, which only covered my first two rounds of IVF. So after those were unsuccessful, I paid out of pocket for my third and eventually successful IVF round, which came to about $25,000 which included the transfer costs. Cornell was very upfront about the costs prior to my out-of-pocket cycle and always available to answer any of my billing questions.
Dr. Reichman knew from the start that I only wanted one additional child. So it was never a question if we would implant more than one.

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Reichman] was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!...warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available...He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF...He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
Strengths [at Weill Cornell]: The clinic is state of the art...The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait...you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open...She [nurse] was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality...Our IVF protocols included: estrogen patches, tailored doses ranging from 150-400 units of follistin, 75-150 units of menopur, anatagonist (ganirellix), leupron trigger, daily morning blood draws to tailor the dosages. We required 4 cycles due to poor egg quality.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was extremely patient, warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available, and knew that we could always count on him to remember the particulars of our situation. He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF.
Always arrive early! He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
He was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!
She was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: The clinic is state of the art with a lot of renowned top doctors. The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait.
We were fortunate to have amazing insurance that covered most costs. It is very infrequent but we had unlimited lifetime fertility benefits. We did, however, have to pay out of pocket for the genetic testing of the embryos.
We wanted to avoid the risk of multiple pregnancy and this was discussed with him.
Tribeca
I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he [Dr. Reichman] airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged... Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones...advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process New Patient Advice
the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them...My primary nurse Christine as well as the whole staff at Weill Cornell in Tribeca are amazing. They are kind, professional and are always there to help and answer questions. This is not an easy process to go through and they really do make it better and easier. I can't say enough good things about them...The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly...the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I underwent 5 IVF cycles with Dr.Reichman and throughout the whole process I felt that I was in good hands and that he genuinely cared about me and helping me get pregnant. I feel that he is extremely knowledgeable and professional and is open to questions and discussions. Whenever my husband and I had questions he was available to talk about or concerns. I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged. That does not mean I don't agree with his philosophy of being extremely realistic. I prefer someone to tell it to me like it is and I would whole heatedly recommend him to anyone dealing with fertility issues. Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr.Reichman is extremely knowledgeable and I think educating yourself throughout this process is helpful in many ways.
Both Dr. Reichman and the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Great clinic, professional staff and the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly.
Dr.Reichman advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF...We used a natural cycle for our FET...Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work...monitoring always takes about 30-45 minutes, but it was efficient and predicable...The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF. Buy above all else - he's an incredible doctor. His success rates speak for themselves. There is no one else I would have wanted to do this process with.
Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.
Dr. Reichman is one of the kindest men. He is business like and efficient when that's called for and kind and gentle when that's appropriate. Empathy is neither faked nor absent. We made a special effort to be on hand for our transfer himself. As well, when we received bad news, the deep wellspring of his caring in unmistakable. I could not recommend him more highly.
We skipped right to IVF by choice. I was already well over 40 and didn't want to waste time on IUI or other less invasive methods. We did injectables hormones with daily monitoring, so dosages could be adjusted. I am a high egg producer so we triggered with a lupron and not HCG to prevent over stimulation. We used a natural cycle for our FET - which is preferable for many reasons now that we know how important the chemical secretions are during natural ovulation for pregnancy. Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's a busy clinic with lots of patients - but I liked that - things moved quickly, they were efficient and they treated my time as precious as theirs. Many women including myself do this while working and traveling to these appointments and that makes that kind of well oiled machine vibe wonderful. The only thing I didn't like was going up to the UES office. The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
I don't remember the full costs. We were mostly covered, but did may for our embryo storage, PGS testing, fetal blood cell testing, etc. It wasn't cheap, but honestly, after getting pregnant we never thought about the money again.
We were using PGS tested embryos - so single is the only way to go. Twins would have increased the chance of harm to me or the babies.