9.8

Cornell

David Reichman works at

255 Greenwich Street

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Reichman was kind and, more importantly, open and honest about my situation. He never misled me but presented me with the facts and statistics for my age and situation. He was not overly emotional and morning monitoring chats were brief but I understood there were dozens of other women waiting to see him.... I could email him directly, phone through to his staff or call an after hours service out of hours.
Weill Cornell is an incredibly busy fertility clinic so it can sometimes feel like a factory - mainly because of the sheer volume of women in the waiting with you and the fact that your doctor has to move quickly to other patients during morning monitoring appointments. Despite of that I felt like their care was excellent.... Sarah M. Fricke checked in with me almost every day during my egg donor selection, retrieval and transfer. She explained my medication procedures in detail
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman was kind and, more importantly, open and honest about my situation. He never misled me but presented me with the facts and statistics for my age and situation. He was not overly emotional and morning monitoring chats were brief but I understood there were dozens of other women waiting to see him. He was positive and smart and I felt like his guidance was well informed and followable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Weill Cornell is a huge clinic so your one on one time with Dr Reichman will be limited (unless you've booked a specific hour long appointment to talk over things in depth.) Don't let that distract you from the fact that he's 100% professional and kind - and will be very honest with you about your potential success rates.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Weill Cornell is an incredibly busy fertility clinic so it can sometimes feel like a factory - mainly because of the sheer volume of women in the waiting with you and the fact that your doctor has to move quickly to other patients during morning monitoring appointments. Despite of that I felt like their care was excellent. Dr Reichman was always warm, efficient and honest. And I could email him directly, phone through to his staff or call an after hours service out of hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah M. Fricke)
Sarah M. Fricke checked in with me almost every day during my egg donor selection, retrieval and transfer. She explained my medication procedures in detail (1 1/2 hours in person) and was smart, organized and a great communicator. She responded to every email and question very quickly and efficiently.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Big and busy with a slight tendency to seem like a factory due to the amount of women they're treating. But underneath that facade is very competent and knowledgable team of doctors that make you feel as calm as possible during a very emotional and stressful time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
So far I've spend just under $70K on 8 rounds (with minimal amounts covered on my health care due to my age)
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I used a donor egg and due to her young age she had great results with good quality embryos so Dr Reichman advised on a single embryo transfer. Also due to my age and health risks involved. If I had been younger or the embryos of poorer quality he would have considered transferring two embryos. This was all discussed with me and agreed upon.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had an appointment mix up on the day of an IUI that was more to do with the desk staff than anyone else. It was resolved by calling the after hours line and the hospital coordinator looked into the situation personally to make sure it didn't occur again. And one time (during 8 rounds) that a prescription wasn't called in due to a technical error. This was rectified quickly.
Tribeca

Dr Reichman suggested a single embryo transfer for us and we were in agreement! I think he evaluates each patient individually to see what makes the most sense for each....He did an excellent job of explaining the series of tests we would complete and how those outcomes would shape our treatment going forward...Dr Reichman actually came uptown on a day that he was not on call to do our transfer for us and it was such a positive experience. I
The clinic is wonderful! The staff is comprised of so many high quality people and the office runs so efficiently as a result. I've never been to a more organized doctors office. I really appreciated how easy early morning monitoring appointments were - I was typically in and out and on my way to work in 15 minutes! The facilities feel new - they are clean and modern....She worked with my insurance company directly to make sure I had everything I needed and the process was completely seamless
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is absolutely the best and we had such a positive experience working with him. We initially had an appointment with him in April but were fortunate enough to see him in February after putting ourselves on a wait-list for an earlier appointment. From that very first appointment, I knew we were in great hands. Dr Reichman is brilliant. He did an excellent job of explaining the series of tests we would complete and how those outcomes would shape our treatment going forward. He made great suggestions when necessary. He answered all of our questions in great detail and with honesty. He has a gentle way of telling it like it is and we found that to be very refreshing and reassuring - we really put our trust in him and he didn't let us down. I appreciated his upbeat and positive demeanor at 6:30am monitoring appointments and his quick responses to our numerous emails - many of which we sent him well outside of his normal business hours. Dr Reichman is kind and compassionate. When our first transfer wasn't a success he called us himself, shared in our disappointment and really reassured us that this would work - we just needed to try again. Our second attempt was a success! Dr Reichman actually came uptown on a day that he was not on call to do our transfer for us and it was such a positive experience. I really attribute the success of this transfer to him being there for us, not only because he is amazing at what he does but because his energy in the OR was so caring, positive and uplifting.
Trust him! This process can be scary and overwhelming at times but you can rely on him to guide you through it each step of the way. Don't be afraid to ask him questions, take comfort in the fact that he is an expert and know that he really wants you to have success and he will do everything he can to make it happen for you. Believe in him!
Dr Reichman is incredible! He is both brilliant and kind and he really took the time to get to know us. It was very apparent that he was invested in our treatment and really wanted a positive outcome for us each step of the way. He went out of his way to come uptown to take care of our second transfer (on a day that he was not on call) and this transfer worked!
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, Pregnyl, Endometrin Results were excellent! 13 eggs retrieved 8 mature eggs 8 fertilized 7 day 5 embryos 4 PGS normal embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was outstanding and I absolutely loved working with her. She is smart, compassionate and extremely organized! I always looked forward to hearing from her with instructions or results and she was always so quick to respond to my calls and emails. She worked with my insurance company directly to make sure I had everything I needed and the process was completely seamless. She celebrated with us when we had good news and was empathetic and encouraging in more difficult times. She always made me feel like I had a friend in my corner throughout this process and while I am ecstatic to have had success and be moving forward, I will miss her! The nursing team in general is incredible - everyone is so kind and caring. I seriously considered a second career as a nurse after interacting with this team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring was extremely efficient! I would arrive when the office opened at 6:30am and I would consistently be out and on my way to work by 6:45am even with both blood-work and ultrasound!
Our insurance covered all costs except for PGS!
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process... During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization.
The tribeca office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca... I have never been to a medical practice that runs this smoothly- and it is remarkable given the volume of patients here. Even during monitoring visits, I was most often in-and-out. Phlebotomists, nurses, front desk lovely and always friendly and quick!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Since our first meeting with Dr Reichman we have trusted him, had the utmost confidence in him and have felt like he has genuinely cared about the outcome of our process. He is direct and honest, compassionate and thoughtful through setbacks, reassuring and confident, and pleasant to interact with. He responds within hours to emails/phone calls. We felt like we were a team.
See him!
Cornell is a busy practice and at times in the waiting room you feel like just a number. However, when interacting directly with Dr Reichman (and his team) I always felt like I was his only patient. Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process
We have a 2.5yr old who was conceived naturally. After trying for 6+ months for a second child we saw Dr Reichman. Given my history he suggested IUI/clomid. We did 2 rounds with no success. He read my disappointment and we agreed together to do IVF. During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization. Second cycle was a success- 30-something eggs, 15 fertilized and 3 genetically healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The tribeca office is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca
Treated 2018 - 2019
My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were...I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more...Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF...Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...I have only good things to say about WCM. It was clean, the staff organized and friendly. Sometimes the waiting room was crazy crowded and you'd have to wait for a while, but to be expected in New York...I spent a lot of time at WCM. I stopped counting after my 60th appointment. Yet somehow sometimes I would oddly look forward to those early morning appointments, which often required me to get probed and poked for blood work, etc. It was definitely because the staff was SO lovely and friendly, especially the nurse Christine who was clear and concise and had super positive energy, which I loved.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Weill Cornell with very little understanding of how fertility treatments worked or what the process was for someone like me who wasn't getting pregnant after months of trying. I'd researched a bit on the internet and chatted with friends, but there was a lot of conflicting information out there and it really seemed like fertility treatment depended so much upon the individual and their circumstance. My gynecologist at the time was extremely unhelpful answering fertility questions — she basically told me to come back in a year if I still wasn't pregnant, and that was that. I was so discouraged and really wasn't sure what to expect with WCM. My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were. From the very beginning, Dr. Reichman made it clear that his objective was to get us pregnant, and he was going to do everything in his power to make that happen. I could tell he was incredibly smart and an expert in his field, which made both my husband and I feel reassured and confident in his plan. As Dr. Reichman's patient, I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more.
Trust his judgement. Though it can of course be helpful to do your own research or talk to other women about IVF, I honestly never took anyone else's advice over his. If you have a question, no matter how silly, ask it and he will answer.
From my first appointment to my very last, Dr. Reichman made me feel like my case was a top priority. He always remembered my husband's name, what I did for work, and snippets from our previous conversations. He never compared me to other patients like some doctors do (which can make you feel like just another patient in a long line of patients), unless of course it was relevant or he was sharing an example. Dr. Reichman always responded to my questions honestly and openly. I knew he was working hard and following all of the right steps to get us where we wanted to be.
Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF in June of 2018. It was a bit of a rollercoaster those seven months — taking meds for two weeks then doing the procedure, then waiting the ten days....and every time is wasn't the answer we wanted. But Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging. After our 5th failed IUI we decided to do IVF and I was actually really relieved and excited for it. Dr. Reichman carefully explained what IVF would entail and WCM offered a helpful course, so we began the process with all of our questions answered, ready to go. All in, the 10 days or so of medication and daily monitoring wasn't so bad. Mostly it was enormously disruptive to my schedule but I didn't experience any pain or mishaps. We got 25 eggs which was a huge success, and ended up with 6 embryo. And as luck would have it, Dr. Reichman was able to do my transfer which made me really happy. That first transfer was successful, and I don't think I've ever been more excited than when I got the call confirming my bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I found that getting there early was always best (and the nurses tipped me off to this), so waiting wasn't too much of an issue. The clinic was well-run, super organized and had an overall welcoming environment.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF. IUIS I believe were about $1,000 each.

Treated 2018 - 2019
If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, [Dr. Reichman is] your guy...For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos...Though Dr. Reichman is a busy doctor, I always felt like our questions were answered, issues clarified, etc. I was fairly active on email and he was super responsive.
Worked with Hannah [nurse at Cornell] during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went...We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My early reaction, and continued perspective on Dr. Reichman, is that I wish every doctor I had was like him. He’s super intelligent, passionate about his work, focused on results, data oriented, and a caring, communicative doctor. From our first consultation, he provided us with assurance that we had previously been lacking. The road wasn’t always smooth (2 failed IUIs), but we knew that the likelihood of getting pregnant that way was much lower than with IVF, given the data he presented in the first consult. When we had a hiccup with meds/insurance while starting IVF, he personally found a way to get us what we needed, allowing us to begin the cycle in what was a good month. I can’t ever say I’ve had a doctor that has gone so above and beyond. He was always very receptive to our thoughts and questions, to some concerns we had along the way, dedicated to making sure our experience was as good as it could be.
If you’re results oriented and respond to data and a logic-based approach, he’s your guy.
2 IUIs, first cycle with Clomid and second with Letrozole. Second cycle elicited a larger egg count, but ultimately, both cycles did not produce a pregnancy. For IVF, we did a frozen transfer to allow for timing flexibility on the transfer (to evaluate the lining of my uterus) and the option to genetic test the embryos. Got 12 oocytes, which led to 10 mature eggs. 8 fertilized, and 6 were viable after genetic testing. Meds prescribed pre-retrieval were Gonal F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. Did the trigger shot the night before the retrieval. Followed the transfer with progesterone inserts.
Worked with Hannah during the IUIs, she was fantastic. She then went on maternity leave and we worked with a new nurse, who was less familiar in the lead role. Had a few hiccups along the way, but got better as went went.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Amazing clinic- super kind staff, very prompt ‘service,’ extremely clean and modern facility. This is one well-oiled machine, with a very uncommon level of care and humanity. I really appreciate how quickly I could get in and out of the office, esp given the frequency of appointments.
IUIs cost about $400 with our insurance, not sure about the actual cost. Our insurance didn’t pay for ivf, so we paid out of pocket. We did ICSI, genetic testing on the embryos, and a frozen transfer. Including the cost of meds, anesthesia for the retrieval, and the aforementioned choices, we spent about $25K on IVF.
Thought it was smart and strategic that we transferred one, given my age, the number of viable embryos we had, and the potential risks posed with multiples.

Treated 2018 - 2019
I would have liked to better understand what he [Dr. Reichman]/ we learned from each test and cycle. I often felt in the dark and my questions were answered but curtly and without elaboration...he was very matter-of-fact and direct. There were no elaborations, explainations were as minimal as necessary, he seems busy but always made time for pleasantries and to ensure I was OK. There were a few times I had to call nurses after the appointment for clarity on next steps.
[Experience with nurses at Weill Cornell was] Generally great but I had one major problem with billing that was in contrast to what the nurse told me...After my initial consultation the IUI nurse explained the process for submitting for insurance approvals and calling in and administering prescriptions. I was direcly told that I would not have to worry about insurance approvals and that Cornell handled that on my behalf. Unfortunately, they proceeded with my third IUI although my insurance denied it. They have billed me in full. Their stance is that upon my initial visit, I was read a script by their receptionist and asked to sign (many things) in acknowledgement before the Doctor would see me. In my state and the rush imposed, I may well have done so. It's a shame this is their practice and excuse. The billing representative I spoke with ("Supervisor") was condescending and rude - she seemed annoyed at my questions and had a "too bad" attitude. Once I had to call for a prescription order I was told was being placed - It was handled immediately after I called. I have requested my medical records (2+ weeks ago) and have not yet recieved.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt he was competent and knew exactly what he was looking for and observing - I wish he shared more insight. I still do not understand why none of our attempts worked or if he had any understanding. Our first consultation was jarring because he assertively suggested IVF immediately (at 38 years old), but I can't blame him for my shock. Throughout, he was very matter-of-fact and direct. There were no elaborations, explainations were as minimal as necessary, he seems busy but always made time for pleasantries and to ensure I was OK. There were a few times I had to call nurses after the appointment for clarity on next steps.
Do your reserach before seeing him to understand potential outcomes, alternatives and questions to ask. He will competently answer all, but not necessarily offer excess info.
I did understand what tests were being done, nor the outcome or meaning. I would have liked to better understand what he/ we learned from each test and cycle. I often felt in the dark and my questions were answered but curtly and without elaboration.
We attempted three IUI, first two with Clomid and third with Letrozole. We monitored frequently (expensively) and I gave blood and had an ultrasound for consecutive days prior to procedure. Each time I recieved conflicting recommendations for when to have intercourse following the IUI. Each IUI attempt was unsuccessful and if there was any suggestion of explaination, I never heard it.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Generally great, reception is polite although a bit hasty and patronizing - I assume because of the volume of emotional women they deal with all day. Wait times can be up to an hour but for the most part were very quick and I felt the clinic did all possible to mitigate waiting. Facilities were clean and modern. Staff was all professional and friendly.
IUI was apx $5K per attempt, including monitoring.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman always had a smile on his face and asked how I was. He responded quickly to my emails outside of office hours. He also always took what my husband and I wanted into consideration when presenting plans for next steps. I always felt like Dr. Reichman cared for me and was always rooting for the end result we wanted...When I came in for monitoring appointments he took my work schedule into account and would see me earlier in the morning.
Leave messages with questions. They always call you back [at Weill Cornell]...The ladies at the front desk always greeted me by name and were warm...The nursing staff was always friendly and answered all of my questions when they called with test results. They were also excellent when responding to messages I left for them... Our plan was to do one more cycle with IUI and then move on to IVF because my insurance would pay for it and my husband and I did not want to wait. Since it was our last IUI cycle Dr. Reichman though I should try clomid rather than letrozole to see if it yielded different results. I did not respond to clomid, so I went back on letrozole and did one last IUI. This cycle worked and I am now pregnant!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. I have never felt like a doctor was so invested in me as I did with Dr. Reichman. He not only is an amazing doctor but he is warm and compassionate. He was very patient and thorough when explaining options, procedures and next steps. He made me feel very confident in the choices I made because I felt he had given me all of the information I needed. I also always felt very confident with his recommendations. When I emailed him questions he responded quickly even outside of office hours. When I came in for monitoring appointments he took my work schedule into account and would see me earlier in the morning.
Choose him as your doctor.
The ladies at the front desk always greeted me by name and were warm. Dr. Reichman always had a smile on his face and asked how I was. He responded quickly to my emails outside of office hours. He also always took what my husband and I wanted into consideration when presenting plans for next steps. I always felt like Dr. Reichman cared for me and was always rooting for the end result we wanted.
I do not ovulate on my own due to PCOS. Dr. Reichman started me out on 2.5mg of letrozole to help me ovulate. He said that women with PCOS often respond better to letrozole than clomid. I did not respond to that dosage, so the next month he increased it to 5mg. I responded to that dosage and continued to use it for 3-4 cycles combined with regular monitoring, trigger shot and timed intercourse. Those cycles were met with negative pregnancy tests, so Dr. Reichman did a procedure to test my Fallopian tubes to make sure they were open. They were clear so, we moved on to 2 cycles of letrozole and IUI. Our plan was to do one more cycle with IUI and then move on to IVF because my insurance would pay for it and my husband and I did not want to wait. Since it was our last IUI cycle Dr. Reichman though I should try clomid rather than letrozole to see if it yielded different results. I did not respond to clomid, so I went back on letrozole and did one last IUI. This cycle worked and I am now pregnant!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Leave messages with questions. They always call you back........…................................... ..........….....................................................................................................
My insurance covered everything except for my copays.
Treated 2016 - 2019
My RE missed my ovulation 2x ... When we returned to him [Dr. Reichman] in 2018/2019 for baby 2 it was a very different experience. He was overly blunt, cold and got extremely upset whenever he was questioned or I advocated for myself. He just seemed like he was too busy too care anymore. Emails would go unanswered for days and you never received phone calls when requested.
The downtown office is smaller. Very clean and organized. You will usually always see your Dr when you go. The staff is friendly and knows your name. They always get your meds in on time. They only issue I found is it takes forever to get your records. So if you need them quickly you will have to stay on them. ... I only ever spoke to Hannah and Christine [nurses]. Both were good and responsive. However they will never really answer questions for you and will tell you to email Dr Reichman.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I first went to him back in 2016. He was empathetic, concerned and took the time to walk you through everything and also made sure that you were handling everything ok mentally. He was the kind of dr that would call you from vacation or on his way home to check in and explain things. I will add that we did get pregnant during that time at his practice, however it likely would've happened regardless. When we returned to him in 2018/2019 for baby 2 it was a very different experience. He was overly blunt, cold and got extremely upset whenever he was questioned or I advocated for myself. He just seemed like he was too busy too care anymore. Emails would go unanswered for days and you never received phone calls when requested. It was like I was dealing with a completely different dr.
If you tend to ask questions and advocate for yourself do not work with him.
When i initially saw Dr Reichman in 2016 after 2 losses he was nothing short of amazing. He was kind, empathetic and really took the time to discuss treatment, calm anxiety and let you know he was there to support you. When I saw him again in 2018/2019 everything changed. He was blunt, short, easily annoyed and combative. I really felt like I was dealing with a completely different Doctor. He was no longer willing to try different things or think outside the box. It was very his way or the highway. I did not feel the comfort and support I once felt with him at all.
We only got as far as letrozole and timed intercourse with him. He also missed my ovulation twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Giaimo)
I only ever spoke to Hannah and Christine. Both were good and responsive. However they will never really answer questions for you and will tell you to email Dr Reichman.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
25k+ for IVF before medication, IUI 1.4k and trigger shots $100 if not covered by insurance.
He will never implant more than one embryo at a time. Or at leas that is what he said. He is extremely conservative.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My RE missed my ovulation 2x due to not scheduling me to come in enough and likely not getting enough blood work. It also took an extremely long time to receive my records. I had to ask multiple times for them.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Reichman] is thoughtful and thorough, Always explains everything so I understand. If I need clarification for something, he explains it. He is realistic. I am currently still under his care and only starting round #2 of IVF, but he always comes up with a plan with me, rather than for me, and explains his rationale. ... He is not warm and fuzzy, but he is thoughtful and reasonable. If you are looking for hand holding, he is not for you.
Weaknesses: They [Weill Cornell] have so many patients, which sometimes makes me feel like a number. ... I never received a call on what time to take my trigger shot. I was told I would receive a call in the evening by 6 pm. I did not. Once I called, I received a call back right away, but this added stress. ... Strengths: After going to another clinic first, I was extremely impressed with the organization of this clinic. Everyone is vey nice, they are efficient. Hours are great. Never have to wait long. ... [Monitoring] Hours start at 6:45 and end at 8:30 so it did not interrupt my work schedule. The earlier the arrival, the less I had to wait.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is thoughtful and thorough, Always explains everything so I understand. If I need clarification for something, he explains it. He is realistic. I am currently still under his care and only starting round #2 of IVF, but he always comes up with a plan with me, rather than for me, and explains his rationale.
He is not warm and fuzzy, but he is thoughtful and reasonable. If you are looking for hand holding, he is not for you. But his knowledge and his confidence are very impressive.
He was very down to earth in our initial consultation. Asked my husband and I personal questions, which I liked, as it made me think he wanted to get to know us and cared. Always speaks to me like his equal, rather than a patient.
For my first round, I used Gonal F 300 and night, then added Menopur 75IU and Cetrotide (can't remember specifics). I only had four follicles from. 5 eggs were retrieved. Only on embryo made. Sent for genetic testing. Embryo was not recommended for transfer (can't remember reasoning). For my second round (just started tonight), I am using Micro Lupron twice daily and adding Menopur 150IU and Gonal F 300 in the evening.
She is extremely responsive. ALways answers my questions in a timely matter. She is organized.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: After going to another clinic first, I was extremely impressed with the organization of this clinic. Everyone is vey nice, they are efficient. Hours are great. Never have to wait long. Weaknesses: They have so many patients, which sometimes makes me feel like a number.
It was convenient. Hours start at 6:45 and end at 8:30 so it did not interrupt my work schedule. The earlier the arrival, the less I had to wait. There were often many people there (especially on the weekend, where we had to go to the main central location), which again makes me feel like a number.
I'm lucky that my insurance covers 15K in fertility medication (per lifetime) and 3 rounds (per lifetime). For the first round, we reached out 15K in medication! We still had to pay out of pocket almost 3K for medications on top of that. We learned that pharmacies charge insurance companies insane amount of $$ for meds. If you are paying out of pocket for medications, there is a significant discount. For the second round (new med protocol and paying out of pocket, we have spent about $3100 so far, significantly less than previous. I do not know the cost of specific services. Genetic testing is not covered under insurance and is about $4100 out of pocket. Even if not embryos are recommend for transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My only complaint so far is during my last cycle, I never received a call on what time to take my trigger shot. I was told I would receive a call in the evening by 6 pm. I did not. Once I called, I received a call back right away, but this added stress. I was told it was my responsibility to stay on top of medication amounts, but I feel I could have been reminded of that more. On more than one occasion, my husband had to go out at the last minute and get a medication.
Treated 2018 - 2019
However, he overlooked something that could have saved my husband and I months of trying to conceive. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS on my first visit to him, he assumed that the problem was me and therefore did not recommend that my husband get tested as well. ... we finally pushed for a semen analysis (although he didnt recommend it yet) and found out that my husband had a low sperm count, at which point Dr. Reichman recommended IUI.
busy office [Weill Cornell] and you have to come in early, sometimes a wait but never more than 30 minutes. And usually they take you within 5 mins of your arrival. ... eveyrone who works there is really nice and friendly. ... ALso sometimes you have to wait in the room for the doctor to come in for 10 mins but not more. usually very fast.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a great doctor and he clearly cares a lot about his patients and is very responsive. Also extremely bright and has a nice bedside manner. However, he overlooked something that could have saved my husband and I months of trying to conceive. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS on my first visit to him, he assumed that the problem was me and therefore did not recommend that my husband get tested as well. After 6 months of Letrozole (which worked very well for me and got me to ovulate on the first try) and not getting pregnant, we finally pushed for a semen analysis (although he didnt recommend it yet) and found out that my husband had a low sperm count, at which point Dr. Reichman recommended IUI. After 3 IUI's and still not pregnant, WE asked Dr. Reichman if he thought it would be a good idea to see a reproductive urologist and he said it couldn't hurt and gave us a recommendation. We ended up seeing the urologist who told my husband that he had a double varicocele on both testicles and he had surgery to remove them. Now it has been 3 months post surgery and still not pregnant but at our last IUI a week ago, his sperm count had trippled. Howeevr, no we are finding out that there may be another problem with his capscore (ability of sperm to fertilize the egg) and the only way to deal with that is through IVF, however we want to wait at least until 6-7 months post-op to start IVF. In my opinion, Dr. Reichman is a great doctor, but he should have told us from the start to get my husband tested, because you never know if its just one persons fault or both until you get tested. If I had a freind going to see Dr. Reichman, I would recommend that she push to have her husband get tested on the first visit to avoid any further complexities and to make the process go faster.
get your husband tested on the first visit even if he doesnt recommend it
Dr. Reichman is always extremely responsive to emails (answers usually right away) and questions I had while at the office for ultrasound appointments and bloodwork. However usually when I am there for ultrasounds the visit lasts less than 5 minutes and he doesn't ask if I have any questions and doesn't always explain what he's seeing in the ultrasound. However, when we first started seeing him, we had an hour meeting with him to discuss the plan and we just had another hour meeting with him to discuss potential IVF, in which he took the time to explain everything to us and answer any questions. He definitely treats me like a human and not just a number.
fFirst I just did letrozole and since i have PCOS I reacted really well to it and began ovulating on the first try. Did this for a couple months. Dr. Reichman says normal couples TTC have a 1/5 chance of getting pregnant every time so he thought we should do that for 5-6 months. 7th month we did IUI after finding out that my husband had low sperm count, although he probably wouldve waited to do another cycle or 2 without IUI if we hadnt done semen analysis of my husband. Then we did IUI for 6 cycles. last 2 IUI's I was on clomid instead of letrozole so I would ovulate more than one egg and have a better chance of conceiving
They were great, really responsive and nice and friendly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
busy office and you have to come in early, sometimes a wait but never more than 30 minutes. And usually they take you within 5 mins of your arrival. ALso sometimes you have to wait in the room for the doctor to come in for 10 mins but not more. usually very fast. eveyrone who works there is really nice and friendly.
normal co-pay for ultrasounds, price depends on your insurance. my insurance didnt cover IUI, so we paid $750 out of pocket every time. Also HSG was around $250 that we paid out of pocket, but depends on your insurance and fertility benefits.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He made a plan that worked for me and my husband, and adjusted it as necessary over the course of a year so that I felt comfortable with what came next every step of the way. ... Dr. Reichman has really good personality, which I learned makes infertility treatments easier to deal with. He is super straightforward, has a great sense of humor, and is positive but not pushy or annoying or unrealistic.
Strengths- The people who work there [Weill Cornell] are very nice, friendly and good at their jobs- super helpful with billing and insurance issues. The office is very welcoming, clean and new. Weakness- Sometimes very crowded during monitoring hours but for the most part can be in and out in a half hour. ... This was my first experience with monitoring hours but it felt organized and fluid. Even when really busy wait was mostly 30 minutes at longest.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to my first appointment at Dr. Reichman's office as a favor to my husband. I was very reluctant to do any fertility treatments. If a different Dr. had been sitting on the other side of the desk I am not sure I would have gone through a year that included several IUI's and ultimately a cycle of IVF that led to a positive pregnancy test. Dr. Reichman has really good personality, which I learned makes infertility treatments easier to deal with. He is super straightforward, has a great sense of humor, and is positive but not pushy or annoying or unrealistic. He explained things in terms that I could understand and answered every question I had every time I saw him. He made something really hard bearable. He was also available to my husband whenever he had questions and they had many phone calls to strategize the next steps. He adjusted our plan as necessary throughout the process and paid attention to what I was comfortable with every step of the way. I would 100% recommend him.
Tribeca office is closed on weekends and holidays so sometimes have to go to Upper East Side location for monitoring which is much larger, less welcoming than the Tribeca office. Dr. Reichman did not perform any of my IUI's, egg retrieval or transfer procedures- depends on who is on call when they are scheduled.
Dr. Reichman seemed to understand how I was feeling about infertility treatments even though I couldn't figure it out. He made a plan that worked for me and my husband, and adjusted it as necessary over the course of a year so that I felt comfortable with what came next every step of the way. He has a really great sense of humor, is very direct and the level of care that he has for his patients comes through in every visit.
Friendly, kind, compassionate, thorough, knowledgable, available
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths- The people who work there are very nice, friendly and good at their jobs- super helpful with billing and insurance issues. The office is very welcoming, clean and new. Weakness- Sometimes very crowded during monitoring hours but for the most part can be in and out in a half hour.
4 rounds of IUI/ 1 cycle of IVF including genetic testing came out to be about $50k.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Also know that if you're doing IUI that Dr. Reichman most likely won't be doing the procedure ... He's very direct and to the point, which can come off as blunt but I appreciated because he was always very honest and helped manage my expectations. He only tells you what you absolutely need to know, and monitoring appointments are very quick, so if you're like me and prefer to be over informed, know that you should come to your appointments prepared with questions to ask.
The front desk staff at WC [Weill Cornell] are extremely friendly, and very quickly remembered my name which I was always impressed by. ... The office ALWAYS called with results and instructions on time, and she [nurse] is just genuinely a warm person. ... The Tribeca office is great - nice staff, efficiently run, and very comfortable environment. I was always seen on time. ... The UES, where you will have to go for IUIs and on the weekends when Tribeca is closed, is less so - there's a higher volume of patients and so there's longer wait times, more anxiety in the waiting room, etc.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I loved my experience with Dr. Reichman. He's very direct and to the point, which can come off as blunt but I appreciated because he was always very honest and helped manage my expectations. He only tells you what you absolutely need to know, and monitoring appointments are very quick, so if you're like me and prefer to be over informed, know that you should come to your appointments prepared with questions to ask. Dr. Reichman really knows his stuff - I always had full confidence in his plans - and appreciated how he would always explain his plan of attack, including recommending that I schedule a "strategy session" to discuss next steps if I was not pregnant after 3 rounds of Clomid. He always answered questions via email very quickly and encouraged me to email him directly at any time.
Ask a lot of questions and try to prepare for your appointments in advance because he sees a lot of patients. Go in for monitoring appointments on the earlier side (before 8am) if you want to get seen without any wait. Put your faith in him and do as he says and stay off of Google!
Even though he was likely seeing dozens of patients a morning for very short periods of time, I could tell that Dr. Reichman always prepared himself to see me, knowing the details of my treatment and even remembering personal details about my job, husband etc. The front desk staff at WC are extremely friendly, and very quickly remembered my name which I was always impressed by.
After he diagnosed me with mild PCOS, he recommended Clomid as a starting point as it appeared I only needed help ovulating more regularly based on bloodwork. He didn't push me to get other tests done right away (other than genetic screening) as he could sense I was hesitant, but after my husband decided to get a SA and it came back with a lower than average count, he recommended IUI to improve our chances of success. After the first round of Clomid didn't result in pregnancy, he recommended an HSG to make sure we weren't facing any additional obstacles, and he also recommended back to back IUIs for the 2nd round of Clomid. I got pregnant on that 2nd round, but if I hadn't we would have had an appointment to discuss our next steps and I believe he would have recommended moving on from Clomid after the 3rd round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah )
Hannah was who I mostly spoke to during my treatment. The office ALWAYS called with results and instructions on time, and she is just genuinely a warm person. I didn't have all that many needs for frequent communication but I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is great - nice staff, efficiently run, and very comfortable environment. I was always seen on time. The UES, where you will have to go for IUIs and on the weekends when Tribeca is closed, is less so - there's a higher volume of patients and so there's longer wait times, more anxiety in the waiting room, etc. Also know that if you're doing IUI that Dr. Reichman most likely won't be doing the procedure unless he happens to be on call - it wasn't a big deal to me and I had the same doctor do the procedure both times who was lovely.
I have Cigna and all of my procedures and appointments were 100% covered, except for genetic testing (that was around $350 - they have a deal worked out not to exceed that if your insurance doesn't cover), so I mostly just had a specialist co-pay each visit of $40. Since there are a lot of monitoring appointments, all in I'd say I was spending $200-250 a month on co-pays or so.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman took the time to ask me exactly what I wanted out of the process and tailored a plan specifically for me, and treated me with precise care each visit... I always felt that he was attentive to my needs and gave me straightforward answers. When we got a few embryos after the first retrieval he advised me to do a second one before doing a transfer, as I had told him at our initial consult that I wanted as many kids as possible
The nursing staff [Weill Cornell] was always available to answer questions, speak through concerns, and show kindness through the whole process. They returned calls in a very timely fashion and explained anything I didn't understand.... Upon initial consultation I met with the patient coordinator, Amanda, who explained all the steps I would need to take in order to begin the process. She was very patient and informative and guided me throughout.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a skilled, highly educated and kind doctor. I always felt that he was attentive to my needs and gave me straightforward answers. When we got a few embryos after the first retrieval he advised me to do a second one before doing a transfer, as I had told him at our initial consult that I wanted as many kids as possible,and if we waited it would be more difficult in the future, based on my age. I appreciated that he took me at my word and advised me according to what I wanted out of this whole process. He is completely informed on the latest technologies available and always treated me with complete kindness. I have recommended him to many people already.
Trust him and do what he says!
Estrogen patch for a week before period 150 menopur + 300 FSH first few days, then added Cetrotide, HCG trigger shot
The nursing staff was always available to answer questions, speak through concerns, and show kindness through the whole process. They returned calls in a very timely fashion and explained anything I didn't understand. They were professional and skilled in performing any tests required.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Upon initial consultation I met with the patient coordinator, Amanda, who explained all the steps I would need to take in order to begin the process. She was very patient and informative and guided me throughout. As a new patient the process can be quite daunting but she always took the time to explain everything to me thoroughly. Make sure to coordinate any insurance issues with the billing department, as that is a time consuming process.
Monitoring hours are in the early morning and I would make sure to arrive pretty close to when they opened. A typical wait for me was 10-15 minutes tops, they work quite efficiently there.
~$11,000 for the retrieval ~$10,000 for the PGS testing ~$3,000 for medications (insurance covered some) ~$4,000 for the transfer
I initially asked Dr. Reichman for a multiple embryo transfer, I thought it would be fun to have twins, he explained the risks involved and as we were doing PGS testing on the embryos the chances of success of one implanting were higher
Investor
Dr. Reichman didn't make us feel like a number or a human, he made us feel like we were friends. We was personable, patient, and shared in our ups and downs...When I met Dr. Reichman, I was not getting a period and didn't know why. When we stopped seeing him, seven months later, it was because I was seven weeks pregnant. He gets results. At the same time, he's a pleasure to see, even when you are at the office at 7 AM on a regular basis, because he is so supportive, encouraging, and kind.
The entire staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was incredibly professional. I received such a high level of knowledge and compassion at every step. They were also so responsive--we never had to wait for answers or request information more than one time...The surgery was expensive because it was only partially covered by insurance. It was worth every penny...The clinic is amazing. All of the appointments were on time; we never had to wait in the waiting room or in examination room. The facility is modern and clean. Everyone who works at the clinic is sensitive to the issues of infertility whether they greet you or handle billing. They all seem to enjoy their job.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make an appointment today. Get on the waitlist. Do not waste any time trying on your own or with other doctors.
Dr. Reichman determined that I had Asherman's syndrome and performed surgery to remove the excessive scar tissue that developed as the result of a D+C by another doctor. Surgery was the strategy because it was the only solution to this particular issue. I did not need additional fertility treatment following the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The entire staff was incredibly professional. I received such a high level of knowledge and compassion at every step. They were also so responsive--we never had to wait for answers or request information more than one time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I remember the co-pays were $50. The surgery was expensive because it was only partially covered by insurance. It was worth every penny.
Tribeca
I had countless visits with him [Dr. David Reichman] for close to 10 months, and each time he was fully present, empathetic, calm and wise. I felt like he saw me as a person not just another patient, and in his own grounded scientific way gave me the hope that I can become a parent...After two miscarriages, we ended up doing two rounds of egg retrieval with genetic testing and 1 frozen transfer to become successfully pregnant. Thanks to Dr Reichman we were able to maximize our chance of a healthy pregnancy (and now a perfect 3 week old babe in my arms) because he really dug deep into our case.
[Weill Cornell Medical College has a] Great location, hours, response times. I always had support with questions and concerns and was able to reach Dr Reichman and his nursing staff for anything I needed. I highly recommend the tribeca location...We saw Dr Reichman after a heartbreaking ectopic pregnancy and having been through several fertility clinics that made us feel like we were being sold to. Dr Reichman, who came highly referred by a friend, felt like the first honest medical professional who didn’t try to “sell” and had a very pragmatic approach. He was very calm in assessing our situation, always presented us with pros/cons, and truly helped us make the best decisions. Even when there were moments where we wanted to jump the gun and get to the end result faster,
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
After two miscarriages, we ended up doing two rounds of egg retrieval with genetic testing and 1 frozen transfer to become successfully pregnant. Thanks to Dr Reichman we were able to maximize our chance of a healthy pregnancy (and now a perfect 3 week old babe in my arms) because he really dug deep into our case. I was always amazed that he remembered even the smallest details in my visits. My husband and I (half) joke that it took 3 of us to make this perfect baby - him, me and Dr Reichman. He truly is a baby whisperer. The biggest surprise for me was that I actually missed seeing him every week once we were transferred to an OBGYN at 7 weeks pregnant. He gave us our life’s biggest gift and I couldn’t possibly thank him enough.
Stick to the plan he recommends. Unlike other fertility docs, he never ever take the shortest route. Even if in that moment all you want is a positive pregnancy test, trust that a longer road will yield better results
We saw Dr Reichman after a heartbreaking ectopic pregnancy and having been through several fertility clinics that made us feel like we were being sold to. Dr Reichman, who came highly referred by a friend, felt like the first honest medical professional who didn’t try to “sell” and had a very pragmatic approach. He was very calm in assessing our situation, always presented us with pros/cons, and truly helped us make the best decisions. Even when there were moments where we wanted to jump the gun and get to the end result faster, he gave us very sound advice on the best route for a healthy baby. I had countless visits with him for close to 10 months, and each time he was fully present, empathetic, calm and wise. I felt like he saw me as a person not just another patient, and in his own grounded scientific way gave me the hope that I can become a parent.
Tribeca
He [Dr. David Reichman] was thorough and explained every aspect to me along the way. His attention to detail and care really shows he is an incredible doctor and I trusted him completely...After thoroughly reviewing my medical background and after an examination, he was adamant about making a few adjustments to my lifestyle which may increase my chances of getting pregnant. After being on medication for 4 cycles with another doctor and being told by that doctor to do IVF, i knew it wasn't right for me, so I wanted to get a second opinion from Dr. Reichman. Dr. Reichman didn't put me on any medication, i changed a few lifestyle habits and got pregnant without unnecessary means. He was right all along.
[Weill Cornell Medical College was] Clean, professional, organized. Any time I needed documents or to speak with a nurse, they were very responsive. The clinic was very organized, and although there were many many patients there each and every day, the system was efficient and hardly any time waiting...[nurses were] Respectful, responsive...Dr. Reichman spent time getting to know me and my medical history which helped him to asses the best way to move forward. He took the time to really understand my history and no detail was left unturned. He was personable, has great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would highly recommend Dr Reichman. After seeing several doctors, I felt Dr. Reichman had the best understanding and approach for my specific case. He wasn't quick to suggest an unnecessary procedure or medication, but took the time to do what he thought would be best for me. He was thorough and explained every aspect to me along the way. His attention to detail and care really shows he is an incredible doctor and I trusted him completely.
Make sure you can have a consultation with Dr. Reichman to go through your entire medical history so he can accurately asses.
Respectful, responsive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My insurance covered everything with the exception of a small co pay.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman was fantastic. He knew all the details of my case and I felt he really took the time to know me as a person. He was not only a thorough physician but thoughtful.... I would recommend him without hesitation. He not only is an excellent physician and incredibly knowledgable but he clearly cares about your case. He called me late and on holidays with results (both bad and good). I trust him completely and he made me feel at ease.
Cornell is an incredible clinic that is well run and while there are many women cycling I still felt that I had very personal attention (that may in part be because I primarily went to Tribeca which is a bit smaller). I feel confident in the team there.... I spoke with Christine often and she was excellent she answered all my questions, gave clear instructions during the cycle, and provided reassurance when I needed it.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I can’t say enough kind things about Dr. Reichman. I would recommend him without hesitation. He not only is an excellent physician and incredibly knowledgable but he clearly cares about your case. He called me late and on holidays with results (both bad and good). I trust him completely and he made me feel at ease.
Just go see him. And if you're a morning person get to monitoring early you’ll be in and out very quickly.
For my first cycle we used estrogen priming, followed by follistim and menopur on relatively low doses then ganarellex for the last several days with and HCG trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I typically was one of the first people to monitoring in Tribeca and it was quite an efficient operation. I also always saw Dr. Reichman there. The weekends/holidays at the Upper East side could feel a bit more overwhelming but were still organized.
I was incredibly fortunate to have insurance coverage. Out of pocket, co pay for prescriptions were around $1,000.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman is very matter of fact, reality-based, and straightforward...Talk to him about your fertility goals and he will build an intelligent strategy with you -- he will give you the facts without giving you false hope. Also attend your monitoring appointments with all your questions ready to go!...recommended single embryo transfers...performed our last transfer himself -- the attention and care he took to make sure every last detail was in place was next level.
General monitoring hours were early morning approximately 7-8:30am [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Extremely smooth process at Tribeca, no long waits, generally called within a few minutes for bloodwork, and then shortly thereafter would see the doctor. If monitoring needed to happen over the weekend, you have to go to the UES office, where there was typically a slightly longer wait but never too long there either...Weaknesses if any really was with pre certification and billing departments. I would recommend new patients take the time to ask the Tribeca office to thoroughly walk you through this process.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We received incredible medical care under Dr. Reichman during our fertility treatment -- anyone under his care is in the very best hands and we would highly recommend him (and Weill Cornell Tribeca) to anyone who is in the process of looking for a fertility doctor. Dr. Reichman was a clear and concise communicator -- he is straightforward, extremely intelligent, trustworthy, compassionate and has a great sense of humor; he somehow strikes the difficult balance of being both very realistic and practical while also being positive and encouraging. We saw Dr. Reichman at every appointment in Tribeca (exclusive of a few weekend monitoring appointments on the UES). While the monitoring appointments typically went quickly, we never felt rushed -- Dr. Reichman patiently answered all our questions both during appointments and over email. Finally, Dr. Reichman performed our last transfer himself -- the attention and care he took to make sure every last detail was in place was next level. In our experience with Dr. Reichman -- through the ups and downs of our IVF process -- it became very clear to us that he is one of the best, most humane, and deeply caring medical professionals we have ever worked with. We feel extremely grateful and fortunate to have had him on our side during our fertility journey. Truly can't say enough good things about Dr Reichman.
Dr. Reichman is very matter of fact, reality-based, and straightforward. For us, these qualities were decisive factors in becoming his patient and placing our trust in him. Talk to him about your fertility goals and he will build an intelligent strategy with you -- he will give you the facts without giving you false hope. Also attend your monitoring appointments with all your questions ready to go!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah & Christine)
I had a couple different primary nurses during my IVF treatments -- I thought the nursing staff at large was excellent, very communicative and caring. Nurse Christine at the Tribeca office was amazing!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - never had to wait more than 5-15 minutes for my appointment, usually saw the doctor within moments of arriving at the office. Technicians were all amazing as were the nurses, genetic counselors, and the office staff. It makes a huge difference when you are going in frequently for monitoring before work and there isn't a long wait! I don't know how they do it, but its makes the process so pleasant! Weaknesses if any really was with pre certification and billing departments. I would recommend new patients take the time to ask the Tribeca office to thoroughly walk you through this process.
General monitoring hours were early morning approximately 7-8:30am. Extremely smooth process at Tribeca, no long waits, generally called within a few minutes for bloodwork, and then shortly thereafter would see the doctor. If monitoring needed to happen over the weekend, you have to go to the UES office, where there was typically a slightly longer wait but never too long there either.
Dr. Reichman recommended single embryo transfers.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman remembered details about our discussions, and always asked questions following up on our prior conversations...He also responds to emails within hours...He is very clear, thorough, smart, candid, and responsive. I saw him for each of my appointments, which was a big relief because my medication and progress needed to be monitored closely to avoid over-stimulation. He was always well prepared for our appointments, on time, and remembered everything we had discussed about my course of treatment. He also responds to emails within hours and his nurse is also very responsive. After you are treated by Dr. Reichman, you wish that he could stay with you throughout your pregnancy and deliver your baby. I have absolute trust in him and his judgment and have recommended him to many friends, who have been equally happy with his care.
Hannah [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very responsive and also very compassionate. Also, she was very clear with instructions on medication. Everything you could want in a nurse...The only downside to the Tribeca office is that you have to go to UES for procedures and weekend monitoring. I found the UES location similar to a factory. Very impersonal, not very helpful staff, not much information or instruction. The Tribeca office, itself, is terrific. They run on time, they know the patients, and they quickly respond to questions.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I can't say enough about how highly I recommend Dr. Reichman. He is very clear, thorough, smart, candid, and responsive. I saw him for each of my appointments, which was a big relief because my medication and progress needed to be monitored closely to avoid over-stimulation. He was always well prepared for our appointments, on time, and remembered everything we had discussed about my course of treatment. He also responds to emails within hours and his nurse is also very responsive. After you are treated by Dr. Reichman, you wish that he could stay with you throughout your pregnancy and deliver your baby. I have absolute trust in him and his judgment and have recommended him to many friends, who have been equally happy with his care.
Come with questions prepared. He is very busy. He will sit with you as long as you have questions but he doesn't have time to waste so make sure you know what you want to ask in advance.
The Tribeca office is incredible. The front desk and nursing staff know most of the patients by name, are always helpful and responsive, and are extremely kind. Dr. Reichman remembered details about our discussions, and always asked questions following up on our prior conversations.
We did two IUIs with clomid (each negative result) and one IVF transfer (successful). Dr. Reichman advised that IUI was unlikely to work for us (unexplained infertility) and so recommended we try that no more than 3 times. He was very confident IVF would work (and it did).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
Hannah was very responsive and also very compassionate. Also, she was very clear with instructions on medication. Everything you could want in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It gets pretty busy just before monitoring hours end so I would recommend showing up on the early side. You won't need to wait very long at all.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman really knows his stuff. At our first consultation, he had data to support his treatment plan and answered all of our questions without hesitation. Dr. Reichman truly makes you feel that you are in the best hands possible. He takes his time to answer your questions and provides alternatives and next steps at each visit. He put my husband and myself at ease during the entire process...He's usually very prompt
The nurses [at Weill Cornell] were wonderful. After every visit I had blood work they would call in the afternoon to review results. They were always very patient and answered every single question. When I would call up to ask a question, I always got a call back the next visit day...Scheduling appointments is very easy. The office gets a bit busy after 745am, so it's always best to schedule your appointment early. The front desk staff is extremely kind and answered all my questions related to billing and scheduling procedures.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be on time for your appointments. I was always taken on time and most of the time earlier than my scheduled appointment. He's usually very prompt
Dr. Reichman always came into the room knowing my information (ie where I was in a cycle, what the treatment plan was) and always knew even the most minute details of my case. He always let me ask questions during the appointment and I never felt he was rushed.
I went through 4 rounds of clomid with timed intercourse. On the fifth cycle, Dr. Reichman gave us the option of continuing with timed intercourse or undergoing IUI. He explained IUI would slightly increase the probability of conception but it wasn't 100% necessary to proceed if we wanted to continue trying with just clomid and timed intercourse. We decided to proceed with IUI and got pregnant that cycle
The nurses were wonderful. After every visit I had blood work they would call in the afternoon to review results. They were always very patient and answered every single question. When I would call up to ask a question, I always got a call back the next visit day. In the rare event they couldn't answer a question, they would always confer with Dr. Reichman and call me back with the answer
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My insurance covered most of the costs of my care. The IUI was paid for 100%. In total for all office visits and my HSG procedure, we paid about $3000 out of pocket
Tribeca
She [nurse at Weill Cornell] was very compassionate, kind and you could tell she genuinely cared about my well-being...it's very busy. I wish there was more privacy instead of the receptionist asking you your business in front of other patients. Other than that, clean and efficient. To be honest it was a little reassuring going there and knowing that I was not the only one going through my problem...During visits, he [Dr. Reichman] can seem like he is in a rush but this is because he has lots of other patients. He was always accessible to me via email...he favored low dosages and was very cautious about not overcooking the eggs...he recommended 1 and I think that was the VERY best decision...I did not waste my time trying IUI because he had already told me my chances are very slim and so I just went straight for IVF which saved me not wasting my time and money.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you want a doctor who knows what he is doing Dr. Reichman is the Dr. for you. He delivers results and is very brutally honest about the process. I did not waste my time trying IUI because he had already told me my chances are very slim and so I just went straight for IVF which saved me not wasting my time and money. During visits, he can seem like he is in a rush but this is because he has lots of other patients. He was always accessible to me via email.
Trust trust trust trust him and at first, you don't succeed, don't give up. Trust him. I completely trusted him and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Reichman was so compassionate. I went to him not knowing him at all, not knowing anyone he had treated before. I was at my lowest point before a few months before my OB who I never want to see ever again had told me "there is no way you will have a baby unless you find a donor." This was very hurtful considering A. She told me this not in her office but while I was crossing a busy intersection on the phone and B. She had not done any comprehensive tests on me and my husband. When I told Dr. Reichman this during our meeting, he said to ignore that as he was very confident my OB did not know what she was talking about. And right he was.
Don't remember that much but I the only thing I remember is that he favored low dosages and was very cautious about not overcooking the eggs
Christine Lu was the absolute, absolute and I repeat absolute best. She was very compassionate, kind and you could tell she genuinely cared about my well-being. I could not have asked for a better nurse than her. I became fully dependent on her kindness and advice.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cattle cow but that's ok because it's very busy. I wish there was more privacy instead of the receptionist asking you your business in front of other patients. Other than that, clean and efficient. To be honest it was a little reassuring going there and knowing that I was not the only one going through my problem.
My insurance with Cigna only covered $10,000 max for IVF and I paid close to $15,000 out of pocket
Yes, he recommended 1 and I think that was the VERY best decision. I have had severe morning sickness and I can't imagine if I was carrying twins.
Tribeca
Dr. Reichman is exceptionally personable, brutally honest (in a good way!!) and has a great sense of humor. He knew exactly how to communicate to my husband and me throughout the process...takes personal ownership of his cases and wants to be with you every step of the way. He (jokingly) got offended when I went to the UES location because he likes to be sure he's available to his patients throughout the process...All three times we used an antagonist strategy: f
Monitoring is easy breezy at [the Tribeca location of Weill Cornell]. It is not available on weekends, however....The biggest pain point in using this clinic is they are totally clueless on making the consent process go smoothly. On each of our three retrievals they have always requested some new consent at the 11th hour that causes tremendous stress for my husband and me. It makes no sense that I can be at one of their offices every single day and without fail they have some urgent need for a form less than 24 hours before retrieval. To try to make the third time the charm, my husband accompanied me to their UES location so we could meet personally with the consent person and ensure every form was signed and appropriately witnessed.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman takes personal ownership of his cases and wants to be with you every step of the way. He (jokingly) got offended when I went to the UES location because he likes to be sure he's available to his patients throughout the process.
Always go to the Tribeca office for monitoring. You'll get Dr. Reichman as opposed to the revolving door of doctors at the UES location.
All three times we used an antagonist strategy: first cycle: 300 IU Gonal-F / 150 IU Menopur / Cetrotide. 15 eggs retrieved; 12 mature; 12 fertilized by ICSI; 6 day-5 blastocysts (preceded by 27 day menstrual cycle); PGS results all abnormal second cycle: 300 IU Gonal-F / 150 IU Menopur / Cetrotide. 14 eggs retrieved; 9 mature; 5 fertilized by ICSI; 2 day-5 blastocysts (preceded by 21 day menstrual cycle); no PGS testing; implanted August 2019; currently 13 weeks pregnant third cycle: 375 IU Gonal-F / 75 IU Menopur / Cetrotide ; 15 eggs retrieved; 14 mature; 10 fertilized by ICSI; 3 day-5 blastocysts (preceded by 25 day menstrual cycle); PGS results all abnormal I (not Dr. Reichman) attribute the difference in yield between the first and second cycles to the extremely shortened menstrual cycle. My second cycle was done immediately after my first cycle; there were two months between my second and third.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
One of the difficulties of this clinic is that there are multiple locations. While this can be convenient for monitoring (I've gone to three locations to accommodate my schedule) it does mean information can fall through the cracks between offices. The biggest pain point in using this clinic is they are totally clueless on making the consent process go smoothly. On each of our three retrievals they have always requested some new consent at the 11th hour that causes tremendous stress for my husband and me. It makes no sense that I can be at one of their offices every single day and without fail they have some urgent need for a form less than 24 hours before retrieval. To try to make the third time the charm, my husband accompanied me to their UES location so we could meet personally with the consent person and ensure every form was signed and appropriately witnessed. We even told her if there were forms we might need that she wasn't sure about we'd be happy to submit those for safekeeping. Even still, we were made aware of more forms that needed to be signed and witnessed four days later and another form a day after that. They know this is a problem and don't care enough to fix it.
Monitoring is easy breezy at this location. It is not available on weekends, however.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Among other things, they neglected to update us when we no longer needed to go through additional tissue screenings because we no longer needed to consider a surrogate. The FDA screenings required additional blood work, consents, etc. that were costly and time consuming and we later found out, unnecessary.
Tribeca
I came to Dr. Reichman initially seeking a second opinion, but ultimately transferred my care to him ... Dr. Reichman was always up to the challenge, whatever curve balls my body decided to throw our way. ... Not only does he perform every ultrasound, but he will perform every procedure in your fertility journey from an HSG to a hysteroscopy. ... I can say without any hesitation that Dr. Reichman is truly an exceptional doctor and person that raises the bar for the standard of care.
It [Weill Cornell] is a well-oiled machine and the lab is extraordinary. The classes and genetic counseling in order to start IVF were organized and easy to sign up for. ... I also felt like the wait times were much less at Tribeca, I don't think I ever went more than 10-15 minutes past my appointment time before being taken back. ... Also the patient coordinator, Amanda is excellent. She was always reachable and extremely helpful. Don't be afraid to call or email with any questions!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman initially seeking a second opinion, but ultimately transferred my care to him, and I am eternally thankful that I did. My previous fertility clinic was ignoring a serious complication from a D&C they performed after my miscarriage, and Dr. Reichman immediately took action. During this emotionally and physically difficult time, Dr. Reichman was compassionate, caring and confident. My husband and I immediately knew he would be the doctor that would finally bring us our baby. And thus started our year long journey with Dr. Reichman to conceive (successful journey, I'm almost 24 weeks with our little man thanks to Dr. Reichman). A seemingly cut and dry "lean PCOS" case at my old clinic, I went from an easy case to an unresponsive and quite complicated one quickly. But Dr. Reichman was always up to the challenge, whatever curve balls my body decided to throw our way. We ultimately moved to IVF and Dr. Reichman expertly guided us through the process; careful not to overstimulate me as I was at high risk of OHSS, but aggressive enough that we have amble embryos in the freezer for our future family. Having now been at the two leading fertility clinics in NYC, I can say without any hesitation that Dr. Reichman is truly an exceptional doctor and person that raises the bar for the standard of care. He is one of the smartest, most caring doctors you will ever see. He earnestly cares about his patients, their mental health during this difficult process, and the outcome. Unlike other fertility clinics, he makes it a point to be the person that sees you every single time you come into the office, and to answer all questions that you have. Not only does he perform every ultrasound, but he will perform every procedure in your fertility journey from an HSG to a hysteroscopy. In what can sometimes be a scary and intimidating journey, it was such a relief not to be passed around to a million different doctors and to always see him for every aspect of the process. It also helped me build a sense of trust and faith in him, which was well-deserved. You'll be hard pressed to find an RE with more impressive academic credentials than him. He is forward with his well-reasoned opinions about your treatment, but also lets you have some say and control in the process where appropriate. He is always reachable by email, and no question is too small or stupid. His protocols are specifically tailored to each patient - you will never feel like you are being thrown into a boilerplate protocol that isn't designed to your needs. And that is because Dr. Reichman takes the time to really think about his patients, what they need, and the quickest but safest way possible to reach the end goal. He always told me to try not to worry and to let him do the hand-wringing, and he was right. I remember him calling me after work hours one day during stims because he was had been thinking about my blood work from that day even after the nurse had already called me with instructions and had decided to slightly adjust my dose for that night. That is the kind of doctor he is. I am so grateful that I had a doctor who I could trust implicitly to get me through this process. Do yourself a favor and just make an appointment to see Dr. Reichman - you won't regret it.
Come prepared with questions. I found writing them down or noting them in my phone made it easy to make sure I didn't forget anything.
For IUIs I was on lextrozole + trigger shot, and then letrozole+menopur+trigger. For IVF it was a combination of menopur and Gonal-F.
Hannah was incredible. She was kind, compassionate, and concise. She always provided clear instructions and promptly returned any messages I left with questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is one of the leading fertility clinics in the US for good reason. It is a well-oiled machine and the lab is extraordinary. The classes and genetic counseling in order to start IVF were organized and easy to sign up for. I loved going to the Tribeca office, which I felt was a warmer, friendlier environment than the main UES office, and more organized. I also felt like the wait times were much less at Tribeca, I don't think I ever went more than 10-15 minutes past my appointment time before being taken back. Also the patient coordinator, Amanda is excellent. She was always reachable and extremely helpful. Don't be afraid to call or email with any questions!
My insurance covered the injectible medications and most of the monitoring appointments. It did not cover PGS testing or freezing of the embryos.
Dr. Reichman prefers to do single embryo transfers if you elect to do PGS testing. At first I was hesitant because I just wanted to be pregnant, but in hindsight this approach is for the best. We talked through the risks of a twin pregnancy and I am very thankful to Dr. Reichman to be currently pregnant with just one healthy baby.
Treated 2016 - 2018
He [Dr. Reichman] preferred to transfer a single embryo for us, but we never had one to transfer...We tried a second round (everything was paid for out of pocket), had 26 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 0 fertilized with ICSI. Dr. Reichman was truly stumped...I am now under the care of another doctor and have already been diagnosed with PCOS among other things, which I am being treated for, but which never came to light
Everything was out of pocket for us [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. We spent 15-20k for each cycle...embryology lab met to discuss our failures, as did the andrology team. I was told that they were devastated and stumped by our results. Dr. Palermo offered my husband a couple of tests after our second failure. We have yet to receive the results of the second test about 7 months later.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a conscientious, responsive, and caring, but he is conservative and didn't go above and beyond to help us get to the root of our problem. We had 48 eggs retrieved over the course of two cycles, 34 of which were mature, only 1 fertilized with ICSI, and that embryo didn't survive long enough for transfer. We felt he shrugged us off and was ready to let us move on without trying to dig in and search for answers, run additional tests, etc. This was a let down.
If you aren't getting typical results, move on to another clinic, or even a reproductive immunologist. You won't get a rigorous scientific examination of your results.
After meeting with Dr. Reichman, I had a spontaneous chemical pregnancy, 1 failed IUI, and then a spontaneous pregnancy which ended at 9 weeks, soon after being passed on to my OBGYN. After my d and c, I had retained products of conception and my OBGYN wanted to do a second d and c. Dr. Reichman called me and firmly told me not to do the second d and c and that it could affect future fertility, and offered to do a hysteroscopy instead. I knew he truly cared about my well being. I then had two IVF cycles with him. The first round yielded 22 eggs, 10 mature, and 1 fertilized with ICSI. That embryo failed to develop. At the time he told us that it would be like lightning striking twice for similar result to happen again. We tried a second round (everything was paid for out of pocket), had 26 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 0 fertilized with ICSI. Dr. Reichman was truly stumped. I don't fault him personally, but feel that if your case is tricky, Weill Cornell is not the place for you. I am now under the care of another doctor and have already been diagnosed with PCOS among other things, which I am being treated for, but which never came to light at Cornell. I believe the biggest mistake that Dr. Reichman made was allowing us to proceed with a second round without ensuring that we learned something from it (such as doing half with donor sperm). After our final meeting with him post 2nd IVF, he still have no idea if it was an egg or sperm issue. My husband has normal sperm count and motility, but low morphology, but that shouldn't have led to the results we got. Dr. Reichman did offer us a third round at a discount to try a cycle without ICSI, but we didn't feel there was any evidence to put ourselves through that.
IVF #1: Day 1-6: 225 gonal f, 150 menopur Day 7: 225 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 8-9: 175 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 10: 175 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 11 150 gonal f, 150 menopure, ganirelix Day 14: 22 eggs retrieved. 10 mature. 1 fertilized. No embryos. IVF #2: Day 1-5: 1/16 225 gonal f, 150 menopur Day 6-8: 125 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 9-10: 125 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 11: 50 gonal f, 150 menopur, 2.5 cetrotide Day 12: Trigger thurs 1/24 9:30pm Lupron 4mg Hcg 2500 Retrieval 26 eggs 0 of 24 mature eggs fertilized
The nursing staff at the Tribeca office is warm and caring. My first IVF coordinator was cold and businesslike. The second one was much more pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Palermo's embryology lab met to discuss our failures, as did the andrology team. I was told that they were devastated and stumped by our results. Dr. Palermo offered my husband a couple of tests after our second failure. We have yet to receive the results of the second test about 7 months later.
Fairly efficient, but impersonal when the monitoring MD is not your own.
Everything was out of pocket for us. We spent 15-20k for each cycle. I do not recall IUI cost.
He preferred to transfer a single embryo for us, but we never had one to transfer.
Tribeca
We had a long appointment to discuss options and decided to do four IUI's and then move on to IVF. Dr. Reichman gave the option of surgery for the hydro, but said it was not required in my case.... My body was very sensitive to the stims and my estrogen shot up, so Dr. Reichman had me on very low doses throughout and had to adjust my dosage more frequently than usual ...strongly advised a single embryo transfer given my age
Monitoring at Tribecca [Weill Cornell Medical College] was a well-oiled machine - I was always in and out in less than 30 minutes and often less than 15. On the UES (weekends), it felt a bit more like a cattle call - so many people in the waiting room and often long waits...Tribeca office is excellent - front desk staff were always helpful...Hannah [nurse] was always prompt and clear with follow up phone calls.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is probably the best doctor I've ever had. He is not only extremely knowledgeable and skillful as a physician, but is also a highly effective communicator. He made sure I was fully informed at every step of the process and laid out pros and cons of every decision, including financial considerations (e.g. when deciding on next steps, he explained what he would recommend if money were no consideration and what he would recommend given the cost, and then left it up to me to decide what made the most sense for my situation).
Prepare questions in advance of an initial consultation or longer follow-up appointment. Morning monitoring appointments are very quick and didn't allow much time for in-depth conversation, though he never made me feel rushed and answered any questions I had then too. Email him directly any time you have additional questions. He typically responded to my emails in less than 24 hours.
Dr. Reichman always took the time to explain thoroughly every decision that we made. He was optimistic throughout, while allowing for me to feel disappointed each time I didn't get pregnant. When a potential complication arose, we had an hour-long appointment to discuss all possible options and outcomes.
I did four unmedicated IUI's with an HCG trigger shot using donor sperm. During monitoring for the 2nd IUI, Dr. Reichman noticed on the ultrasound that I had a potential mild hydrosalpinx, which had not shown clearly on the HSG I had done. We had a long appointment to discuss options and decided to do four IUI's and then move on to IVF. Dr. Reichman gave the option of surgery for the hydro, but said it was not required in my case. I did an IVF cycle with 8 days of stims (Menopur, Follistim, and starting on day 4, ganerelix as an antagonist). My body was very sensitive to the stims and my estrogen shot up, so Dr. Reichman had me on very low doses throughout and had to adjust my dosage more frequently than usual. Because of my high estrogen and large number of follicles, we used a Lupron trigger instead of HCG. Specific dosages are below. CD 2 - 125 follistim, 75 menopur CD 3 - 125 follistim, 75 menopur CD 4 - 75 follistim, 75 menopur CD 5 - 50 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 6 - 50 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 7 - 50 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 8 - 92 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 9 - 42 follistim, 75 menopur, 1 ganerelix CD 10 - 1 ganerelix, lupron trigger CD 11 - no medication CD 12 - egg retrieval - 24 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts for PGS-testing, 4 PGS-normal embryos, 3 mosaic embryos
Hannah was always prompt and clear with follow up phone calls.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell's Tribeca office is excellent - front desk staff were always helpful and friendly and I never had to wait long. Weekend monitoring and all IUIs are done at the UES office, which is much bigger and has longer waits. Also, keep in mind that Dr. Reichman will do all of your weekday monitoring and manage your treatment, but he will not do your IUIs and probably not weekend monitoring or egg retrieval (though for weekend monitoring and egg retrieval he does some as they have a rotating schedule).
Monitoring at Tribecca was a well-oiled machine - I was always in and out in less than 30 minutes and often less than 15. On the UES (weekends), it felt a bit more like a cattle call - so many people in the waiting room and often long waits.
IUI's were mostly covered by insurance, aside from $25 copay for each appointment (including monitoring) and $125 for trigger shot. In total, I paid about $300 each IUI. For IVF, the total cost was about $20000 (including PGS-testing), almost all out-of-pocket. Medications were an additional $2000. Each frozen transfer will be another $4500 (or so).
Dr. Reichman strongly advised a single embryo transfer given my age. I agreed with him.