9.8

Cornell

David Reichman works at

255 Greenwich Street

Treated 2018 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%
Treated 2020
I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.

Treated 2018 - 2020
We did 5 IUIs with Dr. Reichman with different types of medications from clomid to injectables with no success. We went through 5 rounds of IVF with him as well all with the antagonist protocol. During the first 3 cycles the dosing was similar - on the last two cycles he increased the Follistim since I had gained weight. Unfortunately, my egg quality was poor and I am a low responder.
I found it frustrating that no one on the team [at Weill Cornell] seemed to follow my case closely - you need to be your own advocate. I had to seek out acupuncture and supplements on my own as the clinic does not seem to include those in their regimen. I am incredibly disappointed with my results at the clinic. The first three unsuccessful cycles were attributed to my husband's poor sperm quality. We switched to donor sperm. The following three cycles were then attributed to poor egg quality. Frustrating to not know if egg quality played a role in the first three cycles and that we could have perhaps gone with a different protocol in cycles four through six based on that information.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman performed all ultrasounds during morning monitoring, which was great. It gave me an opportunity to see and speak with the doctor directly even if for a short amount of time. Dr. Reichman is also very accessible via email. He was always empathetic to my losses. I felt like he was always rushed and in a hurry. He has a matter of fact way of expressing information that does not always leave time to foster discussion or questions. Very intelligent and clearly wants to help his patients.
Arrive with your questions ready to go at your appointments.
Dr. Reichman has a very busy practice and while I was able to email with him frequently, I felt he may not understand my desperation at trying to conceive. He was always able to express sympathy, but never did much to think outside the box and change protocols. Since I have undergone so many cycles, staff did remember my name and face, which was comforting.
Christine was alway responsive to emails, which is my preferred means of communication. She was always compassionate when delivering bad news, and had many helpful tips on purchasing meds, etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The weekend monitoring hours on the UES are a cattle call, but they work very hard to get you in and out in a reasonable time period. I found it frustrating that no one on the team seemed to follow my case closely - you need to be your own advocate. I had to seek out acupuncture and supplements on my own as the clinic does not seem to include those in their regimen. I am incredibly disappointed with my results at the clinic. The first three unsuccessful cycles were attributed to my husband's poor sperm quality. We switched to donor sperm. The following three cycles were then attributed to poor egg quality. Frustrating to not know if egg quality played a role in the first three cycles and that we could have perhaps gone with a different protocol in cycles four through six based on that information.
I highly recommend arriving at the office exactly at 6:30 am to beat the rush, otherwise there will be a wait time.
I paid for one IVF cycle out of pocket, approximately $25,000. I also paid for IUI out of pocket. Prices significantly spiked in 2020 - in 2019 an IUI cost $750 and in 2020 I believe the cost was close to $1200.
Given my age he would only transfer a max of 2 embryos
Treated 2019 - 2020
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. ... We never felt dismissed. ... We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward.
You should know that your RE [at Weill Cornell] may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. ... As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is extremely intelligent, patient, understanding, and compassionate. He is interested in your health and reproductive goals. He evaluated us, gave us options, and based on our family planning goals decided on a plan. We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward. I also appreciate that he encouraged us to think through about our decision so that we may avoid potentially excessive procedures. He is also very responsive but it may take 2 to 3 days to get a reply via email. He was kind enough to email us as soon as he knew of a reassuring 1st hcg test before the nurse got to call us. Thank you Dr Reichman!
He is based on evidence and facts. The landscape of infertility and age can be a difficult one to face. He won't be abrasive about it but he won't sugar coat it either. He will be honest if he doesn't have all the answers. I believe he pursues and delivers excellence, science, evidence, and patient centered quality care.
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. Regardless of our questions, he answers them in a genuine, honest, straightforward way. We never felt dismissed.
Both my cycles for egg retrieval used 325 mg Gonal F and 75 mg Menopur. The Gonal F was titrated based on my lab results but it never exceeded 325mg. My trigger was a combo of HCG and Lupron. My 1st cycle resulted in 19 eggs retrieved, 8 immature, 11 mature, 8 fertilized via ICSI, 5 embryos made it to day 6 for genetic testing, 2 were euploid. My 2nd cycle, I was given an estrogen patch to help "sync" my eggs to reduce the number of immature eggs. The results, 22 eggs retrieved, 9 immature, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 8 embryos made it to day 6, 3 euploids. As per Dr Reichman, each euploid embryo has a 60% to possibly 70% chance of a live birth.
The nursing staff is excellent. Christine always returned my phone calls and addressed all my concerns. She's sympathetic and understanding. She was very patient and informative as I reviewed the medications, side effects, lab results, and the next plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca clinic is modern, clean, and less busy than the upper east side. One strength is that you can go to either clinic for routine bloodwork and US. Dr Reichman prefers to do his own ultrasounds. On weekends, the upper east side is the only clinic that maybe opened (this may have changed post Covid). You should know that your RE may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. IVF is daunting, in terms of all the steps, procedures, medications, costs, and uncertainty. As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
Our insurance covered some of the costs of the cycle. Genetic testing of the embryos was out of pocket pay for us, which became expensive but for us, necessary. We still had office visit co pays and medication co pays which added up. Lastly, they do balance billing so if the insurance did not cover the full cost, we are responsible for the difference.
He only transfers 1 euploid at a time. This is in sync with the recommendations of the ASRM, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Treated 2017 - 2020
[Dr. Reichman] recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach...always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history...He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
We did IVF with PGS testing [at Weill Cornell Medical College] due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary...Very competent nurses and team...The Tribeca office is great. I always went early in the morning so I wouldn’t have to miss work and generally didn’t have to wait very long at all. I almost always saw Dr. Reichman directly. The uptown office is larger and was more of a wait, but if you get there early it is fine. All of the doctors who I saw were great.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best RE out there. I always felt 100% confident that he was knowledgeable and well-informed with regard to my treatment, and that he was giving me advice with the best intention. He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
Go to him! I initially went because a friend recommended him, and have since recommended him to several of my own friends. Everyone I know who has gone to him has said he is a great doctor.
Dr. Reichman always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history.
We did IVF with PGS testing due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary.
Very competent nurses and team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The uptown Weill Cornell office is pretty large and gets busy but I really like the Tribeca location where Dr. Reichman is. It is smaller and more intimate, which I prefer. I like that the monitoring hours are early, so that you don’t have to miss any work for monitoring during a treatment cycle.
About $20-$25k for an IVF cycle with PGS testing
Dr. Reichman and Weill Cornel recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach.
Treated 2020
Dr. Reichman has a large volume of patients. However, he always makes himself available to discuss questions and concerns. Nothing is to silly or small. Make sure you do your research and come prepared with your questions. Dr. Reichman is a very trustworthy doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and I have found that he will not lead you in the wrong direction...My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed...The greatest strength of Weill Cornell is the quality of doctors and embryologists that work there. This clinic is run very efficiently. I never had to wait too long in the Tribeca office. The uptown office was much busier and although wait times were longer, I feel the level of service I received was superior. After coming from a private clinic that I really did feel like I was just a number at, I can truly say I was impressed with my treatment at Cornell, even with the amount of volume they had!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to see Dr. Reichman after careful consideration and much research. The clinic I was previously using would not allow me to use my own eggs due to my age, even after I had a previously successful pregnancy with them at the age of 42. I was set on trying to become pregnant once again at the age of 44 using my own eggs. Dr. Reichman was not only a very skillful doctor, he was very compassionate. I needed a doctor who was going to "think outside of the box" in my case. However, I also needed someone with great skill and knowledge. I consider myself very blessed to have found Dr. Reichman. At my age, I did not want to PGS test my embryos, as I knew that most likely the quality would not come back as great. Dr. Reichman set a protocol for me that none of the other doctors I had met with or worked with even mentioned. However, it was something I was on board with 100 percent. He was very honest with me in regards to the statistics. However, I found him to be very positive and encouraging. He was truly invested in my success. When I had setbacks, they were his setbacks as well. However, he was the one to look upward and onward. He refused to give up on me. When I finally did have success, Dr. Reichman was extremely cautious given my age. However, after DNA testing was completed and the results were in, Dr. Reichman could not hide his own excitement when he personally called me with the good news. "We did it" I think were his exact words! Dr. Reichman is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, honest, compassionate and invested in his patients' success.
Weill Cornell is an extremely busy clinic. However, I never once felt like a number. Dr. Reichman was always readily available to answer my questions and concerns.
Due to my age, I had requested to go straight to IVF. My intention was to "bank" as many embryos as I could since I was not doing PGS testing. My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed. She spent a great deal of time answering my questions thoroughly . When I needed to leave a message, I always received a call back promptly. The other nurses, especially Val, were terrific as well. I remember one time feeling very discouraged and sharing my thoughts with her. She was so encouraging and told me not to give up. When I finally did get pregnant, she was beyond excited to tell me about the positive result!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am very lucky that my costs were covered under insurance.
Due to my age, I did not have PGS testing on any of these embryos. We thawed 6 embryos and 3 of them looked "decent." Dr. Reichman believed that we should transfer the three. When I questioned him about one of the embryos, he informed me of the statistics and his previous experiences. I put my trust in him and he did not disappoint!
Treated 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments...He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy...we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless...Strengths: Clean, thorough, very organized. Multiple locations, so appointments may be easier to get (including on weekends). Weaknesses: Because they have multiple locations, sometimes you may end up having to go to different offices for appointments.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We had first engaged with a different fertility clinic, and we didn't know anything about the process and how fertility treatments should be conducted. When we switched to Dr. Reichman, we feel like we finally understood how fertility treatments should be undertaken by a real professional, and we felt that we were in the right hands. He was honest with our situation and our chances, and he made sure to advise us and make adjustments to our courses of treatment tailored to our individual circumstances. He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions that you might have about the process - about treatments, things you should or shouldn't do, what to expect, etc. He is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments.
I felt like Dr. Reichman and his team was closely watching everything that was happening with me when it comes to fertility and achieving a pregnancy. There were quick follow-ups after every visit and if needed, they were available for an appointment on short notice (including next day).
Dr. Reichman and we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were responsible for only visit and medication copays.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my history (from another clinic) prior to my first appointment. He clearly had read the records I had sent to their office. In addition, throughout my care with Dr. Reichman he was very accommodating to my busy work schedule...watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion throug
The nurse I was assigned [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to communicate with (via phone or email)...During the week I always went to the Tribeca office to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring, so he could be the one performing my ultrasounds and looking at my endometrial lining. On the weekends, I went to the Upper East Side office. Although busier, I never waited more than 10 minutes for blood work and ultraound...While a cycle at Cornell was slightly more expensive than IVF at my previous clinic, it was worth it!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I did one egg retrieval at another clinic in NYC. From that retrieval we had 8 genetically normal embryos. We did two separate embryo transfers, which both failed. My endometrial lining would not grow over 5 mm. They were trying everything from vaginal viagra to estrogen injections. The doctor told me the next step would be surrogacy. I went to Dr. Reichman feeling defeated. At my first appointment with him he spent over an hour reviewing my history and setting expectations. He said I can't tell you I'm not worried, but I'm hopeful. This gave me a glimmer of hope as well. Dr. Reichman watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion through this emotionally and physically difficult period. I would recommend Dr. Reichman to ANYONE dealing with infertility.
Trust Dr. Reichman! Ask for explanations for decisions, but don't question his method.
For the egg retrieval we used gonal-F and menopur, adding cetrotide in. Lupro and HCG trigger. For the transfer we used vaginal viagra, estrogen patches and PIO.
The nurse I was assigned was easy to communicate with (via phone or email).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was rarely a long wait during monitoring hours. The clinic staff was professional and efficient. At the other clinic I went to, there was frequently a discrepancy between the plan I had discussed with the doctor and the plan the nurses would tell me. This never happened at Cornell. The entire team was on the same page.
Dr. Reichman strongly recommended we only transfer one embryo, given that this was a fresh transfer and a multiple gestation would increase the risk of OHSS.
Treated 2019 - 2020
The staff at [Cornell] Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive...I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman saved me during my fertility journey. When I began trying it became increasingly clear that I would need support from a doctor to get me through mentally. I realized that a fertility doctor is what I needed and after our first meeting with Dr Reichman, we never looked back. He made us feel like a baby was 100 percent possible and that he would be there every step of the way. I am an anxious person and he always made sure to calm me down, explain all the information and express the same common goal. My cycle was very stubborn and tricky and he always made me feel like it would be okay. I needed letrozole to help shorten my cycles. It worked well for two cycles and then it would work for a week and taper off. This was so frustrating. After a few tries we ended up adding in gonal-f which I reacted to quite well. I then got my first IUI and am now about 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Reichman is trustworthy, intelligent and a partner in the process. I highly recommend!
Come prepared with questions to each appointment. Dont be afraid to email if you have something to say.
Dr reichman personally answered every email and called me whenever it was necessary. He took time in every appointment to make sure I had all the facts I needed and felt calm and ready for the next step.
cycle 1: tracked ovulation, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 2: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 3: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 4: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 5: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot- chemical pregnancy Cycle 6: letrozole (higher dose), timed intercourse Cycle 7: Letrozole (7.5 for 3 days, 5 for 2 days), 4 days gonal F and IUI - pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine lu)
The staff at Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca is a great office. I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
This was covered by my insurance so I payed a co pay of $60 each time I went.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I always felt that DR Reichman had our best interests at heart; both emotionally and physically. He was always extremely careful to tell you exactly what was happening. He always direct with what he saw happening which is vital during this processes. By nature there will be a lot of ups and downs. Trying to read into what a doctor is saying will only make the process more torturous....Could not ask for a more compassionate doctor.
The nurses and Drs [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are amazing. The billing department in a nightmare. The majority of the procedures were billed using my name and not my wife's, resulting in coverage being rejected. Over a year of trying, they still come over wrong sometimes...I always felt that DR Reichman had our best interests at heart; both emotionally and physically. He was always extremely careful to tell you exactly what was happening. He always direct with what he saw happening which is vital during this processes. By nature there will be a lot of ups and downs. Trying to read into what a doctor is saying will only make the process more torturous.
Trust him.
Could not ask for a more compassionate doctor.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses and Drs are amazing. The billing department in a nightmare. The majority of the procedures were billed using my name and not my wife's, resulting in coverage being rejected. Over a year of trying, they still come over wrong sometimes.
Treated 2020
he [Dr. Reichman] will remember you and the specifics of your case. Whenever he can, he is always available to talk and answers emails very quickly — this becomes EXTREMELY critical when doing IVF because you will inevitably have a lot of questions...Given my Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR), we ended up doing 3 back-to-back cycles with him and banked embryos since we wanted to have multiple kids. Dr. Reichman helped us every step of the way to devise this strategy that worked best for our needs. Ultimately, we had an excellent experience with him and couldn’t be more thankful to him for helping us through the IVF journey. We not only had a successful pregnancy that led to the birth of our daughter, but we were also able to bank a couple of embryos that we can use for later if / when we choose to have another kid. Our trust in him and our belief that we were working with one of the best doctors in the country gave us such piece of mind throughout the process and made it s
I had a few different doctors perform my egg retrievals and transfer [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Though I would have preferred that Dr. Reichman do these procedures, he assured me that I was in the best hands each time. I had a great experience with all of these doctors. Everything else runs extremely smoothly from office administration, nurses, billing, etc...This is very different from other large institutions where you feel like you are just a number (I had this experience at one of the other ones). Nurses don’t remember you, doctors don’t give you email addresses or call you back for days; you just sort of get lost in the shuffle.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Before going to Dr. Reichman, we had been through 6 unsuccessful rounds of IUI and had effectively been discouraged and turned down by one of the other major NYC institutions for IVF. Despite Weill Cornell not being in-network, my husband and I decided to go to Dr. Reichman given his excellent reviews, candor, and encouragement. We were definitely in a very tough place mentally and feeling hopeless and Dr. Reichman gave us hope that we could one day get pregnant. In fact, when we were first starting with him and had been turned down from the other institution, he called us in the evening from home to explain to us that there was still hope and that he thought he would be able to help us; I can’t even express how much this meant to my husband and I. He explained his approach and protocol to us and was very honest regarding our chances (not guaranteeing success, but providing cautious optimism). Given my Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR), we ended up doing 3 back-to-back cycles with him and banked embryos since we wanted to have multiple kids. Dr. Reichman helped us every step of the way to devise this strategy that worked best for our needs. Ultimately, we had an excellent experience with him and couldn’t be more thankful to him for helping us through the IVF journey. We not only had a successful pregnancy that led to the birth of our daughter, but we were also able to bank a couple of embryos that we can use for later if / when we choose to have another kid. Our trust in him and our belief that we were working with one of the best doctors in the country gave us such piece of mind throughout the process and made it substantially easier.
One piece of advice is to listen to him and take his advice. He is not only an excellent doctor, but he has your interests in mind. You feel like you have someone in your corner. He’s not out to “maximize business” but more tells you like it is and gives you advice based on what he thinks is best.
I was treated like a human. Weill Cornell is undoubtedly one of the best institutions in reproductive medicine so they will always be very very busy. But if you go to Dr. Reichman, he will remember you and the specifics of your case. Whenever he can, he is always available to talk and answers emails very quickly — this becomes EXTREMELY critical when doing IVF because you will inevitably have a lot of questions. This is very different from other large institutions where you feel like you are just a number (I had this experience at one of the other ones). Nurses don’t remember you, doctors don’t give you email addresses or call you back for days; you just sort of get lost in the shuffle.
Dr. Reichman tailored my protocols based on what he thought would be most successful and why. Estrogen Patch for a few days leading up to cycle start 225 Gonal F 75 Menopur Cerotide for the back half of the cycle. This led to longer cycles for me as it led to more consistent follicle sizes and synchronized growth
Christine is very organized and responsive. She always called with updates and made sure all of my questions got answered.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a few different doctors perform my egg retrievals and transfer. Though I would have preferred that Dr. Reichman do these procedures, he assured me that I was in the best hands each time. I had a great experience with all of these doctors. Everything else runs extremely smoothly from office administration, nurses, billing, etc.
Well oiled machine
Weill Cornell was out of network for us. Our coverage paid for 70% of the costs of the cycle which excluded Genetic Testing and ICSI. Our coverage however did cover the medication 100%.
Dr. Reichman recommended a single embryo transfer given the quality of the embryo. Double embryo transfer was never off the table though and he said could be a strategy for us based on his assessment of the embryo. We went with whatever he recommended.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Through it all, Dr. Reichman was honest, pensive, warm, empathetic and supportive. And he even managed to infuse a bit of humor into things at just the right moments...Honesty is the name of Dr. Reichman's game. He does not sugar coat or provide false hope. Be prepared for candor, and know that it is in the name of earning your trust...Our doses changed according to the results of my bloodwork and the number and size of developing follicles revealed in sonograms. I distinctly remember delaying the start of a cycle based on a sonogram following my most recent period. Dr. Reichman didn't feel the timing was right and chose to push to the next month, which ended up being a much better month follicle-wise.
[The nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] worked with us to organize our pharmacy visits and purchases to keep our costs down and avoid waste...so grateful for her responsive, support and endless care...Tribeca office is a an efficient, well-oiled machine. As a result, they are in demand and have a large clientele. Monitoring hours can get busy. They move through patients efficiently, but the earlier you go, the quicker you'll be done and out the door...Each round, including all medications, totaled to approximately $25,000. Each frozen embryo transfer is around $4,500.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a dedicated, engaged and determined fertility doctor. He made it clear from day one that ours would be an uphill battle and that he would be with us every step of the way. He outlined our challenges, was very candid about success rates, and asked thoughtful questions to guide us toward an action plan. Each visit from that point forward involved conversations about our progress as well as strategizing our next steps. Dr. Reichman's feedback and intuition helped us to make difficult decisions about the genetic testing of embryos, fresh versus frozen transfers, and whether to commit to additional cycles to increases our odds. Dr. Reichman's professionalism is unparalleled. He is quick to address inquiries via email and he makes sure his nurses have everything they need to fully support patients. Thankfully, while skilled, experienced and confident, he is never arrogant or smug, and he doesn't hesitate to consult colleagues for additional opinions. For example, my sonogram once revealed something that caused Dr. Reichman to question the need for a medical procedure that would have delayed our cycle (but if necessary, we wouldn't have hesitated to do). After reviewing past cases and seeking counsel from a trusted colleague, he decided to forego the procedure and proceed as planned. We greatly appreciated the time he took to truly consider all the factors and arrive at a decision we all trusted as the right one. Through it all, Dr. Reichman was honest, pensive, warm, empathetic and supportive. And he even managed to infuse a bit of humor into things at just the right moments. IVF is an emotionally and physically trying process. Being in Dr. Reichman's care made the difficult times more bearable and the good times even sweeter. We are currently pregnant and are forever grateful to Dr. Reichman and his stellar team for their strong work and endless support.
Honesty is the name of Dr. Reichman's game. He does not sugar coat or provide false hope. Be prepared for candor, and know that it is in the name of earning your trust. He deeply cares and he is committed to helping you achieve your dream of becoming a parent.
From the beginning, it was clear that Dr. Reichman was invested in us as a couple and would do everything in his power to help us grow our family. He was always honest, warm and empathetic. We found comfort in his words, even those that were difficult to hear, and we viewed him as our third teammate in our fertility journey.
We did three rounds of IVF. Admittedly, the details are a bit foggy, but each round involved injections of Gonal-G, menopur and cetrotide. Our doses changed according to the results of my bloodwork and the number and size of developing follicles revealed in sonograms. I distinctly remember delaying the start of a cycle based on a sonogram following my most recent period. Dr. Reichman didn't feel the timing was right and chose to push to the next month, which ended up being a much better month follicle-wise. Each round is a learning experience and our results improved every cycle. Our first frozen embryo transfer did not take. For our second transfer, Dr. Reichman decided to do a "programmed transfer" where we would manipulate my hormones. While my progesterone levels had historically been fine, he chose to prescribe nightly progesterone shots five days before the transfer, 10 days following the transfer (until the results of the pregnancy test), and since we are pregnant, through the first trimester. This was done as a precautionary measure to support the lining of the uterus (until the placenta takes over and produces its own hormones). Additionally, I have worn estrogen patches throughout this time since my estrogen has been consistently low. As my estrogen has increased, the number of patches has decreased in the last week.
We had extremely positive experiences with the Weill Cornell Tribeca nursing staff and we can't see enough about the quality of our nurse, Christine Lu. She is extremely organized, reliable, communicative and compassionate. We looked forward to hearing from her, appreciated her thorough instructions, and always knew she had our best interest in mind. Christine was aware of the fact that we did not have our insurance was not covering our IVF treatment. As a result, she worked with us to organize our pharmacy visits and purchases to keep our costs down and avoid waste. We truly appreciated Christine and were so grateful for her responsive, support and endless care.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Weill Cornell Tribeca clinic is modern, spotless, efficient, friendly, and filled with a talented team of administrators and medical professionals committed to your long-term success. The clinic can be very crowded during monitoring hours so I would recommend arriving early.
The Weill Cornell Tribeca office is a an efficient, well-oiled machine. As a result, they are in demand and have a large clientele. Monitoring hours can get busy. They move through patients efficiently, but the earlier you go, the quicker you'll be done and out the door.
Our insurance does not cover IVF so we paid out-of-pocket. Each round, including all medications, totaled to approximately $25,000. Each frozen embryo transfer is around $4,500.
Since we were doing genetic testing and knew that we had genetically sound embryos prior to transferring, there was no incentive/logic to transferring multiple embryos. My understanding is that this is only done during a fresh transfer when embryos have not been genetically tested.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr Reichman always treated me kindly and personally and took the time to allow me to ask questions at the end of each appointment. He genuinely cared about the outcome of each cycle and always adapted my treatment plan along the way if need be. ... I started with 2 timed intercourse cycles using Letrozole to get 1 or 2 more follicles but no success. Then we did 2 IUI cycles also using Letrozole and no success. Due to low AMH, we moved on to IVF. I had 3 egg retrievals and for 2 of them I did estrogen priming, followed by Gonal F and menopur (+ganirelix). These cycles produced 11 and 5 eggs. For one cycle I did estrogen priming and then included microdose lupron with Gonal F and menopur. This cycle produced 9 eggs.
I really liked this clinic [Weill Cornell] overall - they are very efficient, professional organized and I think they have good systems and procedures in place. All of the doctors and nurses I encountered were great. I was at the Tribeca office for most of my appointments, and so it was sometimes inconvenient to have to go to the UES location for certain appointments, but not a huge issue overall. The clinic doesn't have a lot of data available about the lab, specific success rates etc but that didn't matter so much to me. I was very happy with my treatment from start to finish!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
From the beginning, I trusted Dr Reichman completely. He was very straightforward and I could tell that he knew what he was doing. Whenever I came to him with questions or suggestions from research I had done (Dr Google!) he always considered them carefully and responded with research-backed information. I always felt like he truly cared about me and he was always extremely professional while still being kind and personable. I never dreaded appointments with him and always felt confident in his skills.
Don't be afraid to ask him questions during your appointments or to email him if you have further questions/concerns.
Christine was amazing! She was so professional and always called with results in a timely manner. She also responded to my emails really quickly and always managed my care so well. The nursing staff in general were also great! Very friendly and good at taking blood! I didn't have any mess-ups/mis communications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really liked this clinic overall - they are very efficient, professional organized and I think they have good systems and procedures in place. All of the doctors and nurses I encountered were great. I was at the Tribeca office for most of my appointments, and so it was sometimes inconvenient to have to go to the UES location for certain appointments, but not a huge issue overall. The clinic doesn't have a lot of data available about the lab, specific success rates etc but that didn't matter so much to me. I was very happy with my treatment from start to finish!
Monitoring appointments were generally pretty seamless and efficient. At times there were delays and I needed to wait a bit to be seen but it was mostly on time. Especially with new protocols due to COVID these appointments were super easy.
I was lucky enough to have complete fertility coverage from my insurance so I had to pay very little. I think the only thing that wasn't covered was genetic screening before we started treatment.
Dr Reichman prefers eSET and always told me about the risks of multiples and due to my age he highly recommended eSET.
Treated 2020
After an initial screening, Dr. Reichman clearly laid out why he believed we were having difficultly getting pregnant - and what the best course of action was for us to achieve a successful pregnancy. He listened to our concerns and responded thoughtful responses to all questions... While he made no promises his suggestions would work overnight, he said that if we were willing to try with him for a couple of months, he felt we'd be able to get pregnant without having to go through IVF (i.e. using a combination of Letrozole and injectable medications). He provided incredibly clear explanations and answered all of my questions thoughtfully. Listening to his approach and feeling 100% confident with his recommendations, I switched to his care mid-cycle from the prior clinic. We ended up getting pregnant the first full cycle under his care! All the tweaks to medicines wor
The nurses and staff at Dr. Reichman offices [Weill Cornell Medical College] were always clear, timely with feedback and easy to get in touch with...I began treatment at Cornell during the COVID-19 pandemic. The office had extensive protocols in place to keep the doctors, staff and patients safe - and always ran on time so that there were never more than 1 - 2 people in the lobby at a time. I was very impressed with the management of the practice on a day-to-day.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I began seeing Dr. Reichman after six months at another fertility clinic. After six months, the other clinic had told me that I did not have a chance to get pregnant without IVF, though offered no explanation as to why they'd come to this conclusion. Uncomfortable with the lack of information, I sought a second opinion from Dr. Reichman. Immediately Dr. Reichman provided clear feedback and a detailed explanation as to why he believed my prior treatments had not worked, and guidance on how he would adjust treatment to achieve a successful pregnancy. While he made no promises his suggestions would work overnight, he said that if we were willing to try with him for a couple of months, he felt we'd be able to get pregnant without having to go through IVF (i.e. using a combination of Letrozole and injectable medications). He provided incredibly clear explanations and answered all of my questions thoughtfully. Listening to his approach and feeling 100% confident with his recommendations, I switched to his care mid-cycle from the prior clinic. We ended up getting pregnant the first full cycle under his care! All the tweaks to medicines worked exactly as he'd outlined, and he essentially predicted exactly how my body would react every step of the way! It was a pleasure being Dr. Reichman's patient and I would highly recommend him to anyone embarking on fertility treatments, or anyone who is seeing a doctor who they don't trust fully and completely.
If you ever have questions on your treatment plan, ask him! He will provide thoughtful responses to all questions (i.e. why increasing or decreasing dosages, starting on different dates, etc.) - it's so helpful to understand the rationale behind treatment decisions.
Letrozole - 7.5 mg days 3-7 Menopur - 150 days 10 - 12
The nurses and staff at Dr. Reichman offices were always clear, timely with feedback and easy to get in touch with.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The overwhelming majority of my treatment was covered by insurance. I paid co-pays for my visits, and my medications were covered (had to pay ~$50/cycle for injectable medications)
Treated 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection with myself and my husband the first time we met him...was warm, friendly, funny and straight to the point which we loved. He knew right away that I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and did not push us to start any kind of treatments too quick...I started off with just a trigger shot to boost ovulation and I stopped exercising a bit. We then started with clomid IUI (3 times) + trigger shot and the third time I got pregnant!
The entire nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was incredible! They always followed up to schedule apts and provide me with all the detailed information needed. I worked with Christine a lot and she was incredible! Extremely organized, flexible and truly passionate about their patients...Extremley clean, brand new and beautiful and they never kept me waiting! I was going in for treatments during covid19 and the staff only saw a certain amount of patients throughout the day and took your temperature every time you came in. I felt extremely comfortable going into the tribecca clinic!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was extremely personable and professional throughout the entire process. I felt comfortable with him, and trusted his advice. I would go in for apts quite often for appointments and during covid it was often a bit nerve wracking, however he made me feel extremely comfortable the entire time. He was always very thorough and explained everything we were doing and all of the precautions.
Dr. Reichman is amazing. He is quick, and straight to the point but always puts you first as the patient.
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection with myself and my husband the first time we met him. We started treatments at a very unusual time (during Covid19) so our first consultation was over zoom. Dr. Reichman was warm, friendly, funny and straight to the point which we loved. He knew right away that I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and did not push us to start any kind of treatments too quick. He truly cares about his patients, and I trusted him from day one.
The entire nursing staff was incredible! They always followed up to schedule apts and provide me with all the detailed information needed. I worked with Christine a lot and she was incredible! Extremely organized, flexible and truly passionate about their patients.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman is one of the most compassionate and caring doctors that has ever treated me. I felt like he was on my team and had a truly vested interest in my success. He was with me for all the ups and downs and treated me with honesty and compassion the entire journey...I had an amh of .04 and was told by many doctors that it would be nearly impossible for me to become pregnant. I am now 14 weeks pregnant because of Dr. Reichman. He never gave up on me and used every tool in his toolbox to help us. He continued to change course if things didn’t work. I was not a good ivf candidate given my low egg reserve. Dr. Reichman changed course and we did injections and timed intercourse, which finally work
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] and the team were phenomenal. They got back to me right away and always answers my questions. They were thoughtful and compassionate throughout...They are a well oiled machine and I felt very comfortable being treated there. There were long waits before covid depending on what time you arrived for monitoring but they are very good...We did ivf to freeze embryos. We made one embryo, which we froze on day one given my low egg reserve. We learned that I was not a good ivf candidate so we moved to trying naturally for a few months. When that didn’t work, Dr. Reichman worked to regulate my hormones and then we did injections and timed intercourse, which led to a successful pregnancy. He had me on an estrogen patch and progesterone suppositories after ovulation and I remained on those for about 12 weeks.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is an an incredible doctor. His skill, honesty, compassion, and continued dedication make him truly unique and I am so grateful to be his patient. I had an amh of .04 and was told by many doctors that it would be nearly impossible for me to become pregnant. I am now 14 weeks pregnant because of Dr. Reichman. He never gave up on me and used every tool in his toolbox to help us. He continued to change course if things didn’t work. I was not a good ivf candidate given my low egg reserve. Dr. Reichman changed course and we did injections and timed intercourse, which finally worked for us. He also regulated my hormones through the estrogen patch. When I finally got pregnant, he was very cautious and continued me on the estrogen patch and progesterone suppositories.
Trust him and ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Christine and the team were phenomenal. They got back to me right away and always answers my questions. They were thoughtful and compassionate throughout.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is the best fertility clinic out there. They are a well oiled machine and I felt very comfortable being treated there. There were long waits before covid depending on what time you arrived for monitoring but they are very good.
Treated 2018 - 2019
The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).
Treated 2018 - 2019
We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Reichman took the time to ask me exactly what I wanted out of the process and tailored a plan specifically for me, and treated me with precise care each visit... I always felt that he was attentive to my needs and gave me straightforward answers. When we got a few embryos after the first retrieval he advised me to do a second one before doing a transfer, as I had told him at our initial consult that I wanted as many kids as possible
The nursing staff [Weill Cornell] was always available to answer questions, speak through concerns, and show kindness through the whole process. They returned calls in a very timely fashion and explained anything I didn't understand.... Upon initial consultation I met with the patient coordinator, Amanda, who explained all the steps I would need to take in order to begin the process. She was very patient and informative and guided me throughout.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is a skilled, highly educated and kind doctor. I always felt that he was attentive to my needs and gave me straightforward answers. When we got a few embryos after the first retrieval he advised me to do a second one before doing a transfer, as I had told him at our initial consult that I wanted as many kids as possible,and if we waited it would be more difficult in the future, based on my age. I appreciated that he took me at my word and advised me according to what I wanted out of this whole process. He is completely informed on the latest technologies available and always treated me with complete kindness. I have recommended him to many people already.
Trust him and do what he says!
Estrogen patch for a week before period 150 menopur + 300 FSH first few days, then added Cetrotide, HCG trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Giaimo)
The nursing staff was always available to answer questions, speak through concerns, and show kindness through the whole process. They returned calls in a very timely fashion and explained anything I didn't understand. They were professional and skilled in performing any tests required.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Upon initial consultation I met with the patient coordinator, Amanda, who explained all the steps I would need to take in order to begin the process. She was very patient and informative and guided me throughout. As a new patient the process can be quite daunting but she always took the time to explain everything to me thoroughly. Make sure to coordinate any insurance issues with the billing department, as that is a time consuming process.
Monitoring hours are in the early morning and I would make sure to arrive pretty close to when they opened. A typical wait for me was 10-15 minutes tops, they work quite efficiently there.
~$11,000 for the retrieval ~$10,000 for the PGS testing ~$3,000 for medications (insurance covered some) ~$4,000 for the transfer
I initially asked Dr. Reichman for a multiple embryo transfer, I thought it would be fun to have twins, he explained the risks involved and as we were doing PGS testing on the embryos the chances of success of one implanting were higher