9.7

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
The doctor [Dr. Smotrich] genuinely cared about our results and experience. As we started to encounter difficulties ... in responses to medications, with diminished egg quality ... he shared and empathized with our setbacks. He also consistently followed up with my wife before, during and after retrievals.... an excellent doctor versed in the latest procedural and scientific details. ... Single embryo transfer because of my wife's physical size, age and PCOS.
Because the office [La Jolla IVF] is small, there is only one doctor ... nurses and the front-of-house organization team is beyond the best. ... Strengths: if you're looking for high-quality care in a clean, friendly, intimate setting with the resources of a world-class hospital, go here. ... If you believe you, your wife, partner or spouse would respond better to the care and oversight of a female physician, you should look elsewhere.
How was your experience with David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
First and foremost - an excellent doctor versed in the latest procedural and scientific details. We know this because, as we encountered difficulties with my wife's PCOS, the secondary opinion we received 100% backed up his analysis and approach. He is straight-forward, friendly, dedicated and communicative.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
The doctor genuinely cared about our results and experience. As we started to encounter difficulties ... in responses to medications, with diminished egg quality ... he shared and empathized with our setbacks. He also consistently followed up with my wife before, during and after retrievals.
Describe the protocols David Smotrich used in your cycles at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed) and their degree of success.
Lower-dose gonadotropin regimen with 'coasting', due to my wife's sensitivity to drugs. With her PCOS, she almost over-stimulated very quickly during our first retrieval. Dr. described my wife as 'lowest dose' he's ever prescribed. The coasting allowed for improved egg quality by our third retrieval, evidenced in higher Day 5 embryo PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Amy Williams)
His nurses and the front-of-house organization team is beyond the best. If I could rate 11s, I would.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Strengths: if you're looking for high-quality care in a clean, friendly, intimate setting with the resources of a world-class hospital, go here. The doctor is a talented physician. And you could not ask for more empathetic or friendly nurses to help you through the process. Weaknesses: it's difficult to say as this was the only clinic we used, so we have no basis for comparison. Our frustrations had more to do with being unaccustomed to the difficulties we would face trying to conceive. Things like bad PGS results, etc. None of which were the doctor or clinic's fault. Because the office is small, there is only one doctor and he is not a female doctor. If you believe you, your wife, partner or spouse would respond better to the care and oversight of a female physician, you should look elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Describe David Smotrich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Single embryo transfer because of my wife's physical size, age and PCOS.
La Jolla

David Smotrich is a man of integrity, dedication and professionalism. ... I, the male had an undeveloped Vas Deferens. ... I can tell he is in high demand, with a lot of responsibilities, but he has worked weekends, mornings, and late nights as needed to see our procedures through. ... We requested to have 2 embryos transferred at once, as we do not want to have to go through IVF again, and desire 2 children. He is on board with our plan and did not advise us otherwise, simply made us aware of the risk and everything else involved in the procedures.
Primary nurse [La Jolla IVF] helped thoroughly explain the use of medications and injections. Took our blood samples, and aids in the ultrasound check ups. She is encouraging, passionate, kind and educated. ... They remember us by name every time we go in, and the nursing staff even gives my wife hugs out of their pure excitement for us to get pregnant.
David Smotrich is a man of integrity, dedication and professionalism. We are just one of who knows how many clients he has, and we have consulted with him every single visit thus far. I can tell he is in high demand, with a lot of responsibilities, but he has worked weekends, mornings, and late nights as needed to see our procedures through. I think he has worked 70+ days in a row, which shows not only his dedication to his responsibilities, but it shows his passion for what he does, and is obviously one of the best in the game.
Trust his opinion. Everything he thought was the case, ended up being the case. A true professional with much wisdom and experience.
Dr. Smotrich and his team go above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and to ensure our understanding of every process. They remember us by name every time we go in, and the nursing staff even gives my wife hugs out of their pure excitement for us to get pregnant.
Our story was I, the male had an undeveloped Vas Deferens. Through semen analysis via La Jolla IVF and Genetic Testing, DR. Smotrich referred me to a Urologist Dr. Bastuba. Long story short, we loved his referral, he nailed the problem, we retrieved my sperm, Dr. Smotrich retrieve my wifes eggs and all said and done we have 7 healthy embryos for transfer. Our transfer date is in 3 days and everything is going perfectly. The injections and medications have always been well directed, and dosages adjusted accordingly. He knows what he's doing.
Primary nurse helped thoroughly explain the use of medications and injections. Took our blood samples, and aids in the ultrasound check ups. She is encouraging, passionate, kind and educated. Great nurse
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Very organized and professional clinic with all around good doctors, lab techs, nurses, and staff. Only issue was the time of response from the front office staff on getting some requested documents, but this was due to that person being on vacation at the time of the request.
Roughly $18,000 through this point. Includes initial bloodwork, genetic testing, semen analysis, all ultrasound and bloodwork appointments, cost of IVF, cost of Egg Retrieval surgery, lab cost to create/ test embryos, cost of medications through this point.
La Jolla

Dr Smotrich has been extremely supportive/compassionate throughout our fertility journey. Never once have we questioned his treatment plan for us. He has always been extremely informative and has never pushed us one way or the other as far as decision making as to what our next step is, but makes sure we are completely informed to be able to make our best decision. We will forever be grateful for Dr Smotrich and his team...
Our nurse coordinator [at La Jolla IVF] was very organized; she made sure we had everything we needed in advance and always anticipated our needs. Any time I contacted her she was very quick to respond and always took care of anything we needed...we’ve never had a negative experience. Every staff member has been extremely compassionate and caring. The nurses are great at educating and making sure you are comfortable and confident with the medication administrations and making sure you have all your appointments set up.
I can not think of anything in particular due to the fact that I believe Dr Smotrich is truly the best at what he does. You will be treated like family, all of the staff truly care about you and go out of their way to support you throughout your fertility journey.
From our consultation, to three egg retrieval’s and one embryo transfer, Dr Smotrich and his entire staff have treated us like family and have provided us with an incredible amount of support. Dr Smotrich has patiently walked us through our fertility journey, taking time to address all our concerns and questions with compassion. He never rushes through an appointment and always makes us feel like we are his top priority. His knowledge and expertise in his field truly shows through and has brought us so much comfort during this tough journey!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Amy Williams )
Our nurse coordinator was very organized; she made sure we had everything we needed in advance and always anticipated our needs. Any time I contacted her she was very quick to respond and always took care of anything we needed. She makes an effort to truly connect with you and is very supportive and compassionate. All of the nursing staff are extremely caring and have a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
We have been with La Jolla IVF for about a year and a half and we can honestly say we’ve never had a negative experience. Every staff member has been extremely compassionate and caring. The nurses are great at educating and making sure you are comfortable and confident with the medication administrations and making sure you have all your appointments set up.
From our experience, Dr Smotrich will inform you what he recommends doing due to the risks/benefits so you can make an informed decision.
La Jolla

I'm 38y with low AMH. ... He [Dr. Smotrich] leans toward multiple embryo transfer (2) due to the higher success rates due to my age. ... He is very clear, concise, and easy to understand. I really like his approach during the appointments as he writes everything down at each visit and then goes over it with me in detail to ensure I understand. ... As a result, I feel confident that he is treating me specifically and not a number; as a result, I haven't had to self advocate.
Costs were clearly broken down and were comparable to other clinics. ... When I asked for receipts for credit card charges they [La Jolla IVF] produced them immediately. ... Lupe [nurse] and the rest of the staff were all very helpful and very organized. All appointments went smoothly. I appreciate that when I called she always called me back to answer my questions. The staff was very helpful with training me on all the injections.
I'm in my first IVF stimulation cycle, about to undergo egg retrieval. I've had a very positive experience to-date. Dr. Smotrich is very confident in his methods and I can see why as I'm having success with my 1st stim protocol. I appreciate that when I ask questions, about how things could go wrong, he redirects me and assures me that in my case such issues are not expected. He is very clear, concise, and easy to understand. I really like his approach during the appointments as he writes everything down at each visit and then goes over it with me in detail to ensure I understand. The detail has helped relieve my anxiety about next steps and expectations. I'm grateful for his knowledge, experience, patience and encouragement.
Ask questions as he is will take his time to answer them for you.
Dr. Smotrich, greets both my husband and I by name. Each time we meet he discusses specific details relating to my case and my past experiences. As a result, I feel confident that he is treating me specifically and not a number; as a result, I haven't had to self advocate. Although he is personable and kind, I appreciate that he gets right to the point but leaves me time to ask questions and I never feel rushed. He is also very encouraging which helps during my 1st IVF cycle as I'm not sure what to expect.
I'm 38y with low AMH. My protocol consisted of Menopur, Gonal-F, and Ganirelix. On day 11, I produced 15 follicles 19-20mm- success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Lupe)
Lupe and the rest of the staff were all very helpful and very organized. All appointments went smoothly. I appreciate that when I called she always called me back to answer my questions. The staff was very helpful with training me on all the injections. When I asked for receipts for credit card charges they produced them immediately.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
I think I've covered it. Strengths: organized, everything runs smoothly from the patient perspective, you don't feel like a number, Dr. is very detailed and writes everything down to ensure the patient understands. Weaknesses: I haven't identified anything yet.
Costs were clearly broken down and were comparable to other clinics.
He leans toward multiple embryo transfer (2) due to the higher success rates due to my age.
La Jolla
We did a split cycle with our egg donor [with Dr. David Smotrich]...I have never had a doctor call me personally every step along the way, never. I cannot say enough about this man. He is in the top 5 people that I admire... the perfect amount of candor and bedside manner. He is beyond talented in his profession. I have never had a doctor take such personal care with his patients (myself and our surrogate just adore him). We live in MO and flew to CA because of the disappointments in KS and the hope and faith I had in Dr. Smotrich. He has made ours lives so rich in joy and love. My heart just wants to leap out of my chest! I am so grateful!
[Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility are] Super organized. The most caring and personal care I’ve ever received from a physician. I received calls updating me on our egg donor’s check ups, egg retrieval, embryo fertilization updates, etc... all from Dr. Smotrich. Their success rates speak to the knowledge and professionalism of the entire staff...Ezarra and Amy go above and beyond. Our surrogate couldn’t say enough about how awesome Amy was with answering her ever call and email right away!
He is blessed with the perfect amount of candor and bedside manner. He is beyond talented in his profession. I have never had a doctor take such personal care with his patients (myself and our surrogate just adore him). We live in MO and flew to CA because of the disappointments in KS and the hope and faith I had in Dr. Smotrich. He has made ours lives so rich in joy and love. My heart just wants to leap out of my chest! I am so grateful!
Put your faith in him. He will not disappoint. I highly recommend traveling from wherever you live to have this man as your doctor.
Dr Smotrich is amazing. I have never had a doctor call me personally every step along the way, never. I cannot say enough about this man. He is in the top 5 people that I admire. I will be forever grateful to God for this difficult road that led us to him. So much love for him! (Eyes welling!)
We did a split cycle with our egg donor. Our donor’s husband’s situation requires that so IVF as well, and we are very grateful.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
I remember that it was comparable to our clinic in KS-so, average costs
He has tremendously high success rates with single and double embryo transfers. Our only cycle with him and we have boy/girl twins!