Available by cell phone
15503 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Tourgeman to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider...he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns... I was very concerned that he didn’t seem to have any interest in refining his approach for future cycles.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider (Dr. Baek). While he did use her initial recommended protocols (which were admittedly different from his), he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns that he was overcooking (i.e. too much meds and too long) the eggs and felt more condescending at each visit, dismissing my concerns with “I’m not going to overcook the eggs” (despite doing exactly that). At the end of the cycle, when none of the eggs were good (all overcooked due to too much medication and for too long a time), he told us it was just chance as to whether we’d get a good cycle if we tried again. There was no attention to fine-tuning the process or individualizing it. We were very disappointed. The only reason we tried him instead of going back to Dr. Baek (who was successful in helping us get pregnant years earlier) is because our insurance covered the majority of the treatment at HRC and money was tight.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC?
if you want someone who is going to fine-tune your medication regimen to your individual needs, go elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC?
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider (Dr. Baek). While he did use her initial recommended protocols (which were admittedly different from his), he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns that he was overcooking (i.e. too much meds and too long) the eggs. At the end of the cycle, when none of the eggs were good (all overcooked), he told us it was just chance as to whether we’d get a good cycle if we tried again. There was no attention to fine-tuning the process or individualizing it. We were very disappointed. The only reason we tried him instead of going back to Dr. Baek (who was successful in helping us get pregnant years earlier) is because our insurance covered the majority of the treatment at HRC and money was tight. We were very disappointed.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
While he was willing to use the initial treatment protocol we’d received in our consultation with Dr. Baek (which was admittedly different from what he would have done), he never adjusted it throughout the cycle and triggered much too late. The eggs were all overcooked (which he attributed to age and chance) and took no responsibility for his part in the ineffectiveness of the cycle. I was very concerned that he didn’t seem to have any interest in refining his approach for future cycles. We would have gone through the exact same regimen again with similar failed results. It did not appear he was up-to-speed on current approaches for refining IVF treatments to the individual needs of the patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Yes (but I don’t recall her name... maybe Wendy?))
Our primary nurse was very nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC.
From our one experience with the one doctor, it felt like he might be ok for someone with a simple fertility issue that responds to basic protocols for treatment. Anything other than that and he’s not refining the treatment to the specific needs of the patient nor was he knowledgeable of current information in fertility (such as triggering earlier for AMA because the eggs mature more quickly). On the upside, they take insurance and are adept at working with insurance companies’ protocols.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
Because they work with insurance, I believe we paid a little over $2000 for the entire process.
West Los Angeles

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Tourgeman at HRC.

He [Dr. Tourgeman] is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.... [Protocols] were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round,
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
He is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.
Ask questions. If you feel rushed, slow it down.
I definitely felt like a human - the Dr. and staff were very caring. I would have liked more explanation and details around my care.
They were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round, retrieved 5 eggs. 3 fertilized. All tested abnormal. No transfer 2nd round, retrieved 3 eggs. 1 fertilized. Never grew. No transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Decline to answer)
My care coordinator was a little robotic. Nice, but not super compassionate. Not a very good communicator - i had to chase via email for answers to a lot of things that were unclear.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Everyone is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
First round with meds (and some insurance coverage) was roughly $15k.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
We never got to transfer, so we hadn't discussed it.

2013
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Although my very first IVF was unsuccessful, he made the proper adjustments to my protocol for my second IVF and was very detailed about the changes. ... The Dr. [Tourgeman] and his staff [HRC] always greeted me and were very personable. They were just really nice, welcoming and made me feel comfortable at all times. ... he was always very thorough at every appointment. ...
2013
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
Dr. Tourgeman was simply an amazing doctor. Going through infertility is touch and he was always very thorough at every appointment. Although my very first IVF was unsuccessful, he made the proper adjustments to my protocol for my second IVF and was very detailed about the changes. We totally trusted him and knew we were in great hands. When I became pregnant, he always was concerned about how I was feeling so he can provide the proper care during the first few very sensitive months. I was expecting twins and there were a couple of appointments where baby B's heart rate could not be found immediately. Dr. Tourgeman decided refer to a perinatologist sooner than usual so we can be sure baby B was in fact growing and healthy. I could not be more grateful for his decision to do this, baby B was in fact very healthy and my mind and heart were finally at ease. All in all, Dr. T is amazing.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. T always answers your questions honestly and can totally be trusted.
The Dr. and his staff always greeted me and were very personable. They were just really nice, welcoming and made me feel comfortable at all times.
I can't remember too much, but my first cycle seemed like a normal protocol. I was given the hormone injections and trigger shot needed to create the surplus of eggs, went through the egg retrieval, then placed on another medication to prepare my uterus for the embryo transfer. Once the transfer was done, I believe I was placed on another medication, but the first IVF did not work. For my second cycle, we kept everything the same with the exception of a couple of items. 1, An Endometrial Biopsy was done to get a closer look at my uterine lining and 2, i did acupuncture to increase blood flow to my uterus. Not sure if any of these slight adjustments are what helped, but my second IVF was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
My nurse and care coordinator were awesome. The best part is they always called with results/next steps at the same time of the day so I knew when to expect their calls. As a working professional, this helped with scheduling my work meetings and making sure I was available during the time of the day I was expecting a call.
Describe your experience with HRC.
I love HRC. My friend recommended the facility to after I was struggling to conceive and I am so happy she did. The facilities I've been to are always very clean and organized and the staff is super nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
Since it was about 5 years ago, I can't really remember specific costs. I do know my insurance at the time covered 1 IVF so I believe we paid a total of $12,000 for 2 fresh IVF cycles

2012 - 2013
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
2012 - 2013
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
He is a kind & compassionate man. But that's all the positives i have to share. He fumbled my case entirely. I only wish i had realized it while it was happening. On my first IVF, we were transferring 3 embryos. I was 39. He never: 1) told me about PGS or PGD testing. I wouldve done this in a heartbeat. He almost acted "against it". He was not aggressive at all. On my 2nd IVF w/him, it was ME who insisted on PGD testing - lo & behold, all my embs came back complex abnormal. He absolutely shouldve suggested this for my 1st IVF considering my age. He wouldve saved me crucial time (and money). Everything for me is out-of-pocket expense :( 2) i have thyroid disease. Before we transferred that 1st batch of 3 embryos, i asked him to re-check my thyroid. Both he & the nurse said it wasn't necessary as they had checked it 1.5 months earlier. I INSISTED & explained that my thyroid could go erratic at any moment. So they did a blood test & a week before my embryo transfer he called me and said "wow - you were right. Your thyroid is off. I'm calling in a new prescription for you right away! Start taking it today!" I did so & all 3 of those embs failed. Since then, two other doctors have read my chart. They both said, "he should've never transferred those embryos. Thyroid meds take a couple of months to have effect. He should've held off on transferring those embryos to make sure your thyroid levels were healthy first." Both doctors also said "and those were healthy looking embryos too." It makes me SO mad i could cry. 3) he never did genetic testing on me or my husband. I have since learned that this is the FIRST thing competent fertility doctors do. He never even mentioned it to me. 4) he never talked about supplements or vitamins either (Coq10 or DHEA). When i went to my 2nd doctor, she put me right on these vitamins. And guess what? Within 1.5 months, I was NATURALLY pregnant for the 1st time in my life. I miscarried (the baby had downs syndrome :(...but bottom line, that baby was still chromosomally healthier than anything Tourgemann was able to get me with his "high dosage recipe". I almost want to cry re-hashing all of this!!! He was incompetent & a colossal waste of key years for me in regards to my fertility.
Don't go. Much better doctors out there. Find one who customizes your medicine protocol to YOU specifically. Also, when my first transfer of 3 embs failed, he didn't even change my meds to try something new. He went back to his lazy, usual "recipe". Disaster. The two other doctors pointed this out to me.
He was the 1st fertility doctor i went to; this was all new to me. All my friends were referred to him too so i felt like i was in the right place. All of my embryos w/him came back complex abnormal. He told me i should use donor eggs or adopt. Then i went to a new doctor. She looked at my chart and was surprised at the high dosage of meds he gave me. She said "i'm gonna give you much less meds. And while i can't guarantee you a perfect embryo, i CAN guarantee you the embryos i get for you will look much better than these do." On my 1st round w/her, she got us a chromosomally normal embryo! And to think Tourgemann told me to adopt...i then canvassed my friends who had also gone to him & they all were given high dosages. He has success at times for patients, but in my opinion he just plugs women with similar high dosages & hopes for the best. He doesnt thoroughly look at your chart & customize things for YOU. Its as if he has 1 "recipe". & if his recipe doesn't work for you, then he'll tell you to adopt. I wish i hadn't wasted 1.5 years on him. I was 39/40 back then...i would do anything to get those years back :(
See previous responses. Too angry to discuss any further...
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Rishona)
Rishona was fine. She's smart. I found nurses at other places to be much more sweet & compassionate...but Rishona did her job fine.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Already explained earlier. Lots of weaknesses!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
I probably spent about 12k on two ivfs (24k) & maybe 5k on each IUI ( hard to remember). I spent about 30-35k cash on this wasted cause.
Explained earlier...

2010 - 2012
2010 - 2012
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
He is the most genuine person ever, explains you what he is doing, and really cares for you, he wants your best and knows a lot about different protocols. I used to be on lovenox, and instead of having me continue he stopped it, he knew that I did not need it, even if the previous dr told me I did. I went to see him desperate at 42 with a history of 4 previous miscarriages, in oct 2010, by august 2011 I became a mom of twins, and by june 2013 my daughter was born. ( she was conceived with the twins but after the first pgd pre genetic diagnosis she did not look good, so dr Tourgeman transferred only the 3 that were good 100%) then he told me if you want, I can sent the embryos left to do pgd again, and after few days he called me, “ you have a good embryo left, she is a girl, she is in the freezer” I have 3 kids thanks to dr Tourgeman and his great laboratory.
Trust him and his judgment , he knows what he is doing and his lab its the best in the country. Trust this review because its the truth, stop shopping around go straight to dr Tourgeman.
I went to dr Tourgeman at 42, with 4 previous miscarriages, he was so nice, understanding and really genuine. He did not promise me anything, just his best. I went to see dr Tourgeman after 4 failed pregnancy with a different dr who put me on Lovenox to help my pregnancies. Tourgeman told me I did not need it, and never did it again. I had a total of 3 fresh Ivf in my life ( only the last with Tourgeman) I had a total of 66 eggs retrieved and only the 3 fresh embryos that Tourgeman transferred became 3 healthy fetuses . And eventually my twin boys, born at 38.5 weeks and days, weighting 7.12 and 6.6 pounds and oz ( i got pregnant with triplets, but it was my choice to reduce to two after I got high blood pressure at 11 weeks. After losing 4 previous pregnancies I was not ready to lose anymore, and a triplet pregnancy at 42 with high blood pressure is not exactly an easy one). I did 3 frozen transfer ( only the last with Tourgeman) transferred 2 embryos both times before dr Tourgeman and got pregnant and lost the pregnancy, the only frozen embryo left that I transferred with dr Tourgeman, the ONLY left, is my 5 y old daughter. Out of 66 total eggs retrieved only the one transferred from dr Tourgeman became actual kids. His laboratory is the best in the country, I have no doubt about it. I am member of my local club of twins, out of all the members, at least 15 people are dr Tourgeman patients and are parents thanks to him. Nobody else has such a high success rate. His bed manners are fabulous, the nurses that take care of you before the retrieval are always there to listen to you, they know the struggle we are going trough and they are always ready to be supportive. Its not an easy journey but HRC makes is more manageble.
I do not remember, was in 2010, but he adjusts the medicine at every blood work, and he knows what he is doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
Vera became like a sister to me, I could always call her, when happy or sad, during my pregnancy I could call her and vent to her. I still love her after 7 years Dr Tourgeman has a pic nic every year with his patients, seeing Vera and Rashona, ( another of dr Tourgeman staff) is one of the best part. Showing them my kids who I wanted so bad and now they are reality is really special. I will always be grateful to dr Tourgeman and his staff When I was pregnant with my daughter Vera called me to tell me that my hcg was positive, then she sent me a email in pink, that how thoughtful she has been with me, I will always love her for all these small details
Describe your experience with HRC.
They have a office in west la which is very convenient if you live in the area, the appointment are scheduled in a way that you never wait for more than 5 min. They have a parking structure or street parking. Retrieval and transfer is in Encino, close to the 405 exit
20.000

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
My first cycle in 2012 that resulted in my son, Dr. T [Toureman] was amazing, attentive, listened. We g above and beyond to help me achieve pregnancy. In 2018, I don’t know if it was because I was a returning patient. I didn’t feel like he was giving me 100%. Sometimes we would talk about a plan, then next time we meet he would say something totally different. I still think he is a great doctor I just didn’t feel confident this last time.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
My first cycle in 2012 that resulted in my son, Dr. T was amazing, attentive, listened. We g above and beyond to help me achieve pregnancy. In 2018, I don’t know if it was because I was a returning patient. I didn’t feel like he was giving me 100%. Sometimes we would talk about a plan, then next time we meet he would say something totally different. I still think he is a great doctor I just didn’t feel confident this last time. Made me more disappointed when it didn’t work.
Ask a lot of questions. Take notes. He forgets what we talk about.
Dr. T is a genuine person. He truly cares about his patients. He has a calm and soft tone that makes us feel confident.
2012- follistim, menopur, ganerelix, progesterone. 2018- gonal-f, cetrotide, menopur, progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
When she would talk to me about my meds she would refer to them as different medications. Confused me. Sometimes when I ask her to check on stuff she would forget. When I asked about my remaining embryos she didn’t call about updates and i was stressed out for an entire weekend after transfer.
Describe your experience with HRC.
They are prompt. Communication with coordinator could be better. Doctor should not assume about returning patients I feel I should have acted as though I was new and not be pushed under the rug in a way.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
Monitoring is throughout the day. Dr. T was not there all day. But there is another doctor that will do it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
2012- 15k 2018-13k We had utilize their military discount which was offered in 2018
My choice if I wanted it or not. Always transfer 2. In 2012 after 4 cycles didn’t work he did transfer 3 embryos when I was 24 years told.

2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The first time in 2013 he [Dr. Tourgeman] was godsend. Everything was just amazing. When I recently saw him this year I didn’t feel the same. I felt like everything was vague. Maybe because I already went through s cycle and he knew me he didn’t need to be more attentive as I was a returning patient.... First cycle I had follistim with more eggs and second time we used gonal f and less eggs. Not sure if it made a difference but also I aged.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
The first time in 2013 he was godsend. Everything was just amazing. When I recently saw him this year I didn’t feel the same. I felt like everything was vague. Maybe because I already went through s cycle and he knew me he didn’t need to be more attentive as I was a returning patient.
Just make sure you are aware of everything. Ask lots of questions and he is ok with your opinions too.
He is very kind and gentle as a doctor and also went through IVF for his son. I knew he would be compassionate
First cycle I had follistim with more eggs and second time we used gonal f and less eggs. Not sure if it made a difference but also I aged. 5 years from 24 to 30. I wasn’t confident with medication change.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
My nurse was quick to answer questions and emails. Towards the end of the cycle I felt that wasn’t the case. She would forget to do what she said she would. Make a phone call, follow up on certain things.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Weakness would be communication. When I changed my number they didn’t update everywhere. When it came time for updates after retrieval they called a disconnected number. Dr.T is great and I still think highly of him. Just this past cycle I lost a little bit of confidence.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
Dr.T is there in the afternoons sometimes it was hard to get an early appointment which made my appointment last the entire day including drive time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
Sometimes they billed my insurance differently and in turn the insurance said I was responsible instead of them covering.
He believes that 2 is a good number to transfer for under 35.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr T [David Tourgeman] was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.... Saw Dr T at every appt, willing to sit down and answer any questions I had, empathetic and friendly.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
Dr T was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.
Ask questions! Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
Unsuccessful clomid round with ObGyn. Moved on to IUI with stims with Dr T, but unfortunately had to cancel due to producing too many follicles. Currently finishing IVF with results tbd.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Never had to wait long for appointments, easy scheduling, and on the ball insurance/billing staff. Loved chatting with the blood draw ladies! Saw Dr T at every appt and he was readily available for questions. I had to contact the on call MD on the weekend once, and was rapidly responded to in a friendly manner.
~15-20k

2011 - 2012
IUI, 1 IVF
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Tourgeman was a great communicator throughout our entire process. I always felt that he was proceeding with my best interests in mind. He always made sure my husband and I understood everything that was being planned and he was great with follow up.... Dr. Tourgeman recommended a multiple embryo transfer (after doing a 5 day blast). I wanted 2, he recommended 3 because of the statistics. Husband and I agreed with 3. Two ended up not taking but one did.
2011 - 2012
IUI, 1 IVF
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
To have your questions and concerns prepared to ask. Also if and when you do become pregnant through HRC, to ask about any follow up or whatnot that should go to your OB/GYN. That is the one thing I did not think to ask.
Dr. Tourgeman is a wonderful doctor who explained everything calmly, respectfully and his bedside manner is definitely treating each person like a human going through a very difficult journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera Olaiz)
Vera was wonderful! She is a great communicator and very nice bedside manner. She held my hand so many times during the frustration of this. Truly a lovely person.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The West LA clinic was great. I can't recall anything that was a weakness. The front desk was nice, responsive and even keel, given the emotions that can run in the waiting rooms of fertility clinics.
2012 - 2018
Dr. Tourgeman is a great doctor - he is positive and upbeat and seems to really care for his patients. He never rushed me out of appointments and seemed knowledgeable and mostly up to date. When he didn't have an answer, he gave referrals to top LA doctors. ... He’s very personable and cares about his patients. ... Like any RE, he can be busy. Be organized with your questions of tou want to get the most out of your appointments.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
He’s very personable and cares about his patients.
I don’t really recall specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
It often took multiple phone calls to get office staff to transfer records, but in person they were lovely.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics.
I don’t recall costs.
West Los Angeles

I did 3 IUIs, two with CLomid and one with injectables [with Dr. Tourgeman]. I feel like they always missed the timing of the trigger shot and the timing of the IUI. It was always so stressful...Dr. T was only available for some of my appointments. Generally I was seen by a nurse or his PA (who I didn't really like or trust). I had surgery with him and got really ill afterwards. He didn't seem concerned so I left his practice and went to another clinic.
Go see someone else
I did 3 IUIs, two with CLomid and one with injectables. I feel like they always missed the timing of the trigger shot and the timing of the IUI. It was always so stressful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera Olaiz)
She always seemed distracted and not paying attention. Also, I saw her give free medication to other patients, but when I asked for assistance of medication she said they don't give any away.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Receptionists were nice. Always long wait times, no one was every on time. Very stressful protocols and procedures. Dr. T wasn't available for important questions and they never seemed to get back to me in a timely manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
$2000 IUI with Clomid and $3000-$3500 IUI with injectables.
West Los Angeles

He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through...He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had...We first had to remove some tissue from my uterus to ensure the embryo could attach. We then tried IUI a get time. To be more aggressive we moved to IVF and did the genetic testing..
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had. He took charge and told us what we needed to do next where my previous doctor did not and left us unsure if next steps. When issues came up he knew how to handle them.
To trust his advise
He was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera )
She communicated very well and I always understood the plan. She took time to show me how to administer all the medication and called me frequently with updates.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Great clinic with great staff
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
My insurance paid most of it. I had to pay 5000 for IVF and had several other bills as well
I wanted to try one first since we did th genetic testing. If that didn't work we were doing to put two in the next time
West Los Angeles
He [Dr. David Tourgeman] was very compassionate and never made me feel rushed. Cautious about promising results but optimistic about outcomes. It helped to have his opinion and I trust him and his medical judgement...Ask questions but don't let the Internet stats get you down. Set realistic expectations for potential risks
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
He was very compassionate and never made me feel rushed. Cautious about promising results but optimistic about outcomes. It helped to have his opinion and I trust him and his medical judgement
Dr.T took the time
Describe your experience with HRC.
Parking is a major let down for west LA- for the price of treatment parking should be covered. Strength is getting appointments and time with staff for questions is not a problem as an active patient. Inactive patient, found that I should have been able to connect with the Doctor prior to setting up an apt or be able to email him before an appt

2013 - 2016
Embryo Freezing
Dr [Tourgeman] seems knowledgeable but doesn't really personalize solutions. He also isn't involved in the process much. I often see nurses....I am horrified at the lack of attention to detail and the lack of follow through. If I didn't manage my care, nothing would have been on track. Had to remind nurse to order meds for ivf 3 times. Also never received call backs when I had a medical concern. Sometimes when I had questions I was told to refer to paperwork I had signed.
2013 - 2016
Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
Dr seems knowledgeable but doesn't really personalize solutions. He also isn't involved in the process much. I often see nurses.
You need to know what you want and stay on top of things with the office otherwise details will slip through the cracks
Careless errors and decisions made felt formulaic not personalized
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC.
I am partially insured for fertility but have heard his fees are cheap.
2013 - 2015
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Strengths: caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, personally relatable in the IVF process as his child was conceived through IVF. He's incredibly attentive, kind and humble. Weaknesses: he seems tired all the time but that's to be expected in his line of work!... Dr. Tourgeman has a special gift of making you feel golden and like you're his only patient. His kindness, care and bedside manner is extremely comforting during an incredibly delicate and difficult time
2013 - 2015
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC?
Eat lots of mono unsaturated fats! Like avocados and nuts
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Vera )
Strengths: guidance not to panic regarding at home medication mis dosage etc Weakness: seemed distracted
Describe your experience with HRC.
They seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it
He advised as he saw appropriate for our situation and diagnosis and we chose to trust him and follow his suggested protocol.