7.2

West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tourgeman is great at listening and answering questions, which helps me feel like he really cares...he says IVF is indicated due to my history with endometriosis, but we decided to do a few rounds of IUI first due to the cost of IVF...He was very gentle with the IUIs and I didn’t feel any pain...After going to one of his seminars and seeing his kind demeanor in combination with his expert knowledge, we decided to consult with him
The check in process, blood draws and the IUIs went very well [at HRC Fertility]. The LVNs were very nice. The nurses could use some training to be more consistent. Overall I liked the clinic. It’s challenging for everyone to be in the situation that brings them to this clinic and overall my experience has been positive...The nursing staff has been okay overall...not great
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is very kind and knowledgeable. After going to one of his seminars and seeing his kind demeanor in combination with his expert knowledge, we decided to consult with him. He was very gentle with the IUIs and I didn’t feel any pain. For me, he says IVF is indicated due to my history with endometriosis, but we decided to do a few rounds of IUI first due to the cost of IVF. I am sometimes unclear about what exactly he thinks about my cycle and wish he would alter the medications a bit to see if that would help. The first cycle he did two IUIs (one before and one after ovulation). The second round he was unavailable for the IUI and the covering physician was unaware of how Dr. Tourgeman was doing two IUIs for me. Overall I liked Dr. Tourgeman and will continue to see him for care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions ahead of time and ask questions during ultrasounds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Try IUI with letrozole for 2-3 cycles before moving to IVF due to cost of IVF and multiple, extensive endometriosis surgeries. I was hesitant to try clomid because of potential vision side effects and a history of migraines with auras, so we decided to use letrozole instead.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff has been okay overall. My primary nurse changed between my first and second cycle. I think the first nurse I had left the practice. She was better at explaining the injections than my second nurse, but wasn’t as good at communicating results with me. It was nice to have the best of both worlds overall, for example to have good education on the injections the first round and good communication about results on the second round. But overall it was okay, not great.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The check in process, blood draws and the IUIs went very well. The LVNs were very nice. The nurses could use some training to be more consistent. Overall I liked the clinic. It’s challenging for everyone to be in the situation that brings them to this clinic and overall my experience has been positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
I don’t have any insurance coverage for fertility. A consult was about $350. Initial cycle ultrasound was about $400. Each blood draw was about $90. First IUI with ultrasound was about $800. Second IUI without ultrasound was about 400. Follow up pregnancy test was covered by insurance.
Encino

He [Dr. Tourgeman] is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.... [Protocols] were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round,
Everyone [HRC] is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.... My care coordinator was a little robotic. Nice, but not super compassionate. Not a very good communicator - i had to chase via email for answers to a lot of things that were unclear.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.
Ask questions. If you feel rushed, slow it down.
I definitely felt like a human - the Dr. and staff were very caring. I would have liked more explanation and details around my care.
They were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round, retrieved 5 eggs. 3 fertilized. All tested abnormal. No transfer 2nd round, retrieved 3 eggs. 1 fertilized. Never grew. No transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Decline to answer)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everyone is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.
First round with meds (and some insurance coverage) was roughly $15k.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We never got to transfer, so we hadn't discussed it.
West Los Angeles

2012 - 2018, Successful
My first cycle in 2012 that resulted in my son, Dr. T [Toureman] was amazing, attentive, listened. We g above and beyond to help me achieve pregnancy. In 2018, I don’t know if it was because I was a returning patient. I didn’t feel like he was giving me 100%. Sometimes we would talk about a plan, then next time we meet he would say something totally different. I still think he is a great doctor I just didn’t feel confident this last time.
They [HRC - Encino] are prompt. Communication with coordinator could be better.... Monitoring is throughout the day. Dr. T [Tourgeman] was not there all day. But there is another doctor that will do it.... I had changed my number since 2012. When I went for me consult in 2018 I made sure to update. The front desk did not update in my hard copy file. When my coordinator order medicine she gave Pharmacy the wrong number. I called and asked them to change it. When it came time for egg retrieval the lab they had the OLD number.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
My first cycle in 2012 that resulted in my son, Dr. T was amazing, attentive, listened. We g above and beyond to help me achieve pregnancy. In 2018, I don’t know if it was because I was a returning patient. I didn’t feel like he was giving me 100%. Sometimes we would talk about a plan, then next time we meet he would say something totally different. I still think he is a great doctor I just didn’t feel confident this last time. Made me more disappointed when it didn’t work.
Ask a lot of questions. Take notes. He forgets what we talk about.
Dr. T is a genuine person. He truly cares about his patients. He has a calm and soft tone that makes us feel confident.
2012- follistim, menopur, ganerelix, progesterone. 2018- gonal-f, cetrotide, menopur, progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
When she would talk to me about my meds she would refer to them as different medications. Confused me. Sometimes when I ask her to check on stuff she would forget. When I asked about my remaining embryos she didn’t call about updates and i was stressed out for an entire weekend after transfer.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They are prompt. Communication with coordinator could be better. Doctor should not assume about returning patients I feel I should have acted as though I was new and not be pushed under the rug in a way.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Monitoring is throughout the day. Dr. T was not there all day. But there is another doctor that will do it.
2012- 15k 2018-13k We had utilize their military discount which was offered in 2018
My choice if I wanted it or not. Always transfer 2. In 2012 after 4 cycles didn’t work he did transfer 3 embryos when I was 24 years told.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I had changed my number since 2012. When I went for me consult in 2018 I made sure to update. The front desk did not update in my hard copy file. When my coordinator order medicine she gave Pharmacy the wrong number. I called and asked them to change it. When it came time for egg retrieval the lab they had the OLD number. They had to call my husband while I was waiting near my phone all day. Something simple as changing your number couldn’t be done right. Which makes me feel like I fell through the cracks as a returning patient.