7.2

15503 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

I trust him [Dr. Tourgeman] to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favo
Our two rounds of IVF [at HRC Fertility] lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He [Dr. Tourgeman] suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant...The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. Everything is clean and the latest technology is used. I even brought my mom in to scope it out with me.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is the best doctor I have had the pleasure to know - and I am happy to report that I am pregnant after two rounds of IVF and our first embryo implant. Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To those of you considering fertility treatment, or maybe thinking about it for the future - DON'T WAIT. I walked into Dr. T's office at 27, without ever having tried to become pregnant naturally, but with a gut feeling that something was off for my body. After a few tests, Dr. T confirmed that my fertility didn't match my age and IVF was a wise course of action. Now, we are expecting our first child and feel much more in control of our family planning and path forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I was very worried that he would turn me away when I walked into his office at the age of 27, without ever trying to become pregnant naturally, but with a hunch that something was off for my fertility. He expressed no judgement, only sincere interest, and immediately helped me to plan out next steps to learn more, which eventually lead us to IVF. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy then Vivian)
The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. The entire office staff is knowledgeable and supportive. Like I said, I looked forward to my visits and will be sad to leave HRC after 6+ months of frequent visits. They were also incredibly diligent (and patient) dealing with my unbelievably difficult insurance. Maria, Vivian, Wendy, Jessica - everyone has made this experience a positive one. Our family will be eternally grateful to all of them.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Our two rounds of IVF lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant.

2013, Successful
Although my very first IVF was unsuccessful, he made the proper adjustments to my protocol for my second IVF and was very detailed about the changes. ... The Dr. [Tourgeman] and his staff [HRC] always greeted me and were very personable. They were just really nice, welcoming and made me feel comfortable at all times. ... he was always very thorough at every appointment. ...
I love HRC. My friend recommended the facility to after I was struggling to conceive and I am so happy she did. The facilities I've been to are always very clean and organized and the staff is super nice. ... My nurse and care coordinator were awesome. The best part is they always called with results/next steps at the same time of the day so I knew when to expect their calls. As a working professional, this helped with scheduling my work meetings and making sure I was available during the time of the day I was expecting a call.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman was simply an amazing doctor. Going through infertility is touch and he was always very thorough at every appointment. Although my very first IVF was unsuccessful, he made the proper adjustments to my protocol for my second IVF and was very detailed about the changes. We totally trusted him and knew we were in great hands. When I became pregnant, he always was concerned about how I was feeling so he can provide the proper care during the first few very sensitive months. I was expecting twins and there were a couple of appointments where baby B's heart rate could not be found immediately. Dr. Tourgeman decided refer to a perinatologist sooner than usual so we can be sure baby B was in fact growing and healthy. I could not be more grateful for his decision to do this, baby B was in fact very healthy and my mind and heart were finally at ease. All in all, Dr. T is amazing.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. T always answers your questions honestly and can totally be trusted.
The Dr. and his staff always greeted me and were very personable. They were just really nice, welcoming and made me feel comfortable at all times.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I can't remember too much, but my first cycle seemed like a normal protocol. I was given the hormone injections and trigger shot needed to create the surplus of eggs, went through the egg retrieval, then placed on another medication to prepare my uterus for the embryo transfer. Once the transfer was done, I believe I was placed on another medication, but the first IVF did not work. For my second cycle, we kept everything the same with the exception of a couple of items. 1, An Endometrial Biopsy was done to get a closer look at my uterine lining and 2, i did acupuncture to increase blood flow to my uterus. Not sure if any of these slight adjustments are what helped, but my second IVF was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
Since it was about 5 years ago, I can't really remember specific costs. I do know my insurance at the time covered 1 IVF so I believe we paid a total of $12,000 for 2 fresh IVF cycles

2010 - 2012, Successful
Vera [a nurse at HRC- West Los Angeles] became like a sister to me, I could always call her, when happy or sad, during my pregnancy I could call her and vent to her. I still love her after 7 years Dr Tourgeman has a pic nic every year with his patients, seeing Vera and Rashona, ( another of dr Tourgeman staff) is one of the best part. Showing them my kids who I wanted so bad and now they are reality is really special. I will always be grateful to dr Tourgeman and his staff When I was pregnant with my daughter Vera called me to tell me that my hcg was positive, then she sent me a email in pink, that how thoughtful she has been with me, I will always love her for all these small details
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is the most genuine person ever, explains you what he is doing, and really cares for you, he wants your best and knows a lot about different protocols. I used to be on lovenox, and instead of having me continue he stopped it, he knew that I did not need it, even if the previous dr told me I did. I went to see him desperate at 42 with a history of 4 previous miscarriages, in oct 2010, by august 2011 I became a mom of twins, and by june 2013 my daughter was born. ( she was conceived with the twins but after the first pgd pre genetic diagnosis she did not look good, so dr Tourgeman transferred only the 3 that were good 100%) then he told me if you want, I can sent the embryos left to do pgd again, and after few days he called me, “ you have a good embryo left, she is a girl, she is in the freezer” I have 3 kids thanks to dr Tourgeman and his great laboratory.
Trust him and his judgment , he knows what he is doing and his lab its the best in the country. Trust this review because its the truth, stop shopping around go straight to dr Tourgeman.
I went to dr Tourgeman at 42, with 4 previous miscarriages, he was so nice, understanding and really genuine. He did not promise me anything, just his best. I went to see dr Tourgeman after 4 failed pregnancy with a different dr who put me on Lovenox to help my pregnancies. Tourgeman told me I did not need it, and never did it again. I had a total of 3 fresh Ivf in my life ( only the last with Tourgeman) I had a total of 66 eggs retrieved and only the 3 fresh embryos that Tourgeman transferred became 3 healthy fetuses . And eventually my twin boys, born at 38.5 weeks and days, weighting 7.12 and 6.6 pounds and oz ( i got pregnant with triplets, but it was my choice to reduce to two after I got high blood pressure at 11 weeks. After losing 4 previous pregnancies I was not ready to lose anymore, and a triplet pregnancy at 42 with high blood pressure is not exactly an easy one). I did 3 frozen transfer ( only the last with Tourgeman) transferred 2 embryos both times before dr Tourgeman and got pregnant and lost the pregnancy, the only frozen embryo left that I transferred with dr Tourgeman, the ONLY left, is my 5 y old daughter. Out of 66 total eggs retrieved only the one transferred from dr Tourgeman became actual kids. His laboratory is the best in the country, I have no doubt about it. I am member of my local club of twins, out of all the members, at least 15 people are dr Tourgeman patients and are parents thanks to him. Nobody else has such a high success rate. His bed manners are fabulous, the nurses that take care of you before the retrieval are always there to listen to you, they know the struggle we are going trough and they are always ready to be supportive. Its not an easy journey but HRC makes is more manageble.
I do not remember, was in 2010, but he adjusts the medicine at every blood work, and he knows what he is doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
Vera became like a sister to me, I could always call her, when happy or sad, during my pregnancy I could call her and vent to her. I still love her after 7 years Dr Tourgeman has a pic nic every year with his patients, seeing Vera and Rashona, ( another of dr Tourgeman staff) is one of the best part. Showing them my kids who I wanted so bad and now they are reality is really special. I will always be grateful to dr Tourgeman and his staff When I was pregnant with my daughter Vera called me to tell me that my hcg was positive, then she sent me a email in pink, that how thoughtful she has been with me, I will always love her for all these small details
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They have a office in west la which is very convenient if you live in the area, the appointment are scheduled in a way that you never wait for more than 5 min. They have a parking structure or street parking. Retrieval and transfer is in Encino, close to the 405 exit
20.000
2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Tourgeman was a great communicator throughout our entire process. I always felt that he was proceeding with my best interests in mind. He always made sure my husband and I understood everything that was being planned and he was great with follow up.... Dr. Tourgeman recommended a multiple embryo transfer (after doing a 5 day blast). I wanted 2, he recommended 3 because of the statistics. Husband and I agreed with 3. Two ended up not taking but one did.
The West LA clinic [of HRC] was great. I can't recall anything that was a weakness. The front desk was nice, responsive and even keel, given the emotions that can run in the waiting rooms of fertility clinics... Vera [a nurse] was wonderful! She is a great communicator and very nice bedside manner. She held my hand so many times during the frustration of this. Truly a lovely person.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To have your questions and concerns prepared to ask. Also if and when you do become pregnant through HRC, to ask about any follow up or whatnot that should go to your OB/GYN. That is the one thing I did not think to ask.
Dr. Tourgeman is a wonderful doctor who explained everything calmly, respectfully and his bedside manner is definitely treating each person like a human going through a very difficult journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera Olaiz)
Vera was wonderful! She is a great communicator and very nice bedside manner. She held my hand so many times during the frustration of this. Truly a lovely person.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The West LA clinic was great. I can't recall anything that was a weakness. The front desk was nice, responsive and even keel, given the emotions that can run in the waiting rooms of fertility clinics.
West Los Angeles
Dr T [David Tourgeman] was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.... Saw Dr T at every appt, willing to sit down and answer any questions I had, empathetic and friendly.
[At HRC- West LA] Never had to wait long for appointments, easy scheduling, and on the ball insurance/billing staff. Loved chatting with the blood draw ladies! Saw Dr T at every appt and he was readily available for questions. I had to contact the on call MD on the weekend once, and was rapidly responded to in a friendly manner.... Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr T was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.
Ask questions! Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
Unsuccessful clomid round with ObGyn. Moved on to IUI with stims with Dr T, but unfortunately had to cancel due to producing too many follicles. Currently finishing IVF with results tbd.
~15-20k

2013 - 2015, Successful
Strengths: caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, personally relatable in the IVF process as his child was conceived through IVF. He's incredibly attentive, kind and humble. Weaknesses: he seems tired all the time but that's to be expected in his line of work!... Dr. Tourgeman has a special gift of making you feel golden and like you're his only patient. His kindness, care and bedside manner is extremely comforting during an incredibly delicate and difficult time
They [HRC] seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it... I had an appointment and was not on the books so they had me waiting for 2 hours once before I was seen. Dr Tourgeman was really upset and apologized profusely for the confusion... [The nurse's] Strengths: guidance not to panic regarding at home medication mis dosage etc Weakness: seemed distracted
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Eat lots of mono unsaturated fats! Like avocados and nuts
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera )
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it
He advised as he saw appropriate for our situation and diagnosis and we chose to trust him and follow his suggested protocol.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tourgeman is a great doctor - he is positive and upbeat and seems to really care for his patients. He never rushed me out of appointments and seemed knowledgeable and mostly up to date. When he didn't have an answer, he gave referrals to top LA doctors. ... He’s very personable and cares about his patients. ... Like any RE, he can be busy. Be organized with your questions of tou want to get the most out of your appointments.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff [HRC] wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics. ... Had a lot of difficulty getting trst results transferred to specialists. ... It often took multiple phone calls to get office staff to transfer records, but in person they were lovely.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He’s very personable and cares about his patients.
I don’t really recall specifics.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics.
I don’t recall costs.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Had a lot of difficulty getting trst results transferred to specialists.
West Los Angeles
He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through...He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had...We first had to remove some tissue from my uterus to ensure the embryo could attach. We then tried IUI a get time. To be more aggressive we moved to IVF and did the genetic testing..
Great clinic [HRC] with great staff...[Re: Nurse] She communicated very well and I always understood the plan. She took time to show me how to administer all the medication and called me frequently with updates...My insurance paid most of it. I had to pay 5000 for IVF and had several other bills as well...He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had. He took charge and told us what we needed to do next where my previous doctor did not and left us unsure if next steps. When issues came up he knew how to handle them.
To trust his advise
He was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Great clinic with great staff
I wanted to try one first since we did th genetic testing. If that didn't work we were doing to put two in the next time
2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. David Tourgeman] was very compassionate and never made me feel rushed. Cautious about promising results but optimistic about outcomes. It helped to have his opinion and I trust him and his medical judgement...Ask questions but don't let the Internet stats get you down. Set realistic expectations for potential risks
Parking [at HRC in West Los Angeles] is a major let down for west LA- for the price of treatment parking should be covered. Strength is getting appointments and time with staff for questions is not a problem as an active patient. Inactive patient, found that I should have been able to connect with the Doctor prior to setting up an apt or be able to email him before an appt
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He was very compassionate and never made me feel rushed. Cautious about promising results but optimistic about outcomes. It helped to have his opinion and I trust him and his medical judgement
Dr.T took the time
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Parking is a major let down for west LA- for the price of treatment parking should be covered. Strength is getting appointments and time with staff for questions is not a problem as an active patient. Inactive patient, found that I should have been able to connect with the Doctor prior to setting up an apt or be able to email him before an appt
West Los Angeles

Dr. Tourgeman is very compassionate, humble, caring, and a great listener. He does not rush patients even if what they say is not of much importance. All these attributes are important and highly essential for IVF treatment and not to be taken for granted. He is very experienced and my husband and I trust him. ... Dr. Tourgeman is wonderful; truly caring and a great listener. He doesn't portray the image that he is "God" like many other fertility doctors do. He thinks about how best to personalize the treatment within of course the parameters of each protocol. ...
Very clean. The sperm donation area has to be revamped a bit, though. And it is too close with the rest of the clinic [HRC] . Other than that, everyone is nice and patient. The financial person very patient and detailed. She answered all our questions. The sitting area is very comfortable and minimalistic, which is a plus as it is easier to be maintained clean. The lab seems to be crammed up - they seem to need a bigger space.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Tourgeman is very compassionate, humble, caring, and a great listener. He does not rush patients even if what they say is not of much importance. All these attributes are important and highly essential for IVF treatment and not to be taken for granted. He is very experienced and my husband and I trust him.
Dr. Tourgeman will not make you feel inadequate or anything less because of fertility issues. Here in Texas so many ivf docs will try to bring you down and that it is your fault. Not Dr. Tourgeman. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Tourgeman is wonderful; truly caring and a great listener. He doesn't portray the image that he is "God" like many other fertility doctors do. He thinks about how best to personalize the treatment within of course the parameters of each protocol. We would not be traveling from Texas to California if we didn't think, Dr. Tourgeman is among the very best nationally.
This is confidential. I will not give you my confidential information or how Dr. Tourgeman adjusted my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
She is very prompt and very fast in responding and tries to get everything scheduled. Great optimistic attitude.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Very clean. The sperm donation area has to be revamped a bit, though. And it is too close with the rest of the clinic. Other than that, everyone is nice and patient. The financial person very patient and detailed. She answered all our questions. The sitting area is very comfortable and minimalistic, which is a plus as it is easier to be maintained clean. The lab seems to be crammed up - they seem to need a bigger space.
probably around $30K