Available by cell phone
Charlotte, NC 28262
919) 328-3105
10208 Cerny Street
Raleigh, NC 27617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Walmer to a friend?

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Walmer is friendly but blunt. He took my cares and concerns and learned my husband and I. This way we have effective communication. Dr. Walmer knows that I have concerns about (if I proceed with IVF) embyros that I see them as life immediately. There fore Dr. Walmer knowing my concerns has expressed that we could and would be very conservative of ibproceeded with an IVF procedure. Dr. Walmer values human life. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever met.
How was your experience with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Be honest in how you feel. Be honest in what you want as a patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Walmer has been a huge blessing. He has taken his time with my husband and I, sat down with us and explained what is going on in a way that we can easily understand it. In his office on the verge of tear he offered support and a hug to me and a handshake to my husband. I feel like Dr. Walmer is a friend who wants nothing more than to see my husband and I become parents.
Describe the protocols David Walmer used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
I was prescribed letrezole to induce ovulation, my status was monitored via ultrasound. I then was told to start OPKs and time intercourse. A week after a positive be OPK I had blood work to monitor progesterone and estraiol. My first cycle was unsuccessful. Currently in my second cycle of leterzole with timed intercourse.
Most of my time is spent with Dr. Walmer himself. A nursing staff is present during ultrasound that Dr. Walmer peforms and leads me to the Ultrasound rooms however time spent with nursing staff is limited.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
So far I have been very fond of everything about this clinic. The communication via the patient portal is phenomenal. The hours work great with my schedule and getting an appointment is never an issue. I feel valued as a patient and as a person here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
So far my cost has been minimal due to insurance coverage I only pay for my specialist visit CoPay and my RX. If my husband and I need to seek IVF treatment ( not covered by my insurance) I feel confident with the information on cost that has already been provided for us that we can formulate a game plan and will not have any surprises.
Describe David Walmer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
For me consoding my views on life beginning as sperm meets egg and multiples carrying a higher risk, Dr. Walmer advised if we use IVF single embryo transfer.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
In our only ivf cycle our first retrieval yielded zero eggs. He [Dr. David Walmer] had me take another trigger and come back in for another retrieval on the same cycle (something that I later learned is extremely rare). Of the three eggs we had one make it to transfer and is now our sweet, spunky little boy. Dr. Walmer is incredibly knowledgeable, keeps up to date on current research, and is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I went to three clinics or consultations before deciding on Dr Walmer for our ivf. He made such a difficult process seem easy and full of hope. We had a few setbacks and he always took the time to find a solution. In our only ivf cycle our first retrieval yielded zero eggs. He had me take another trigger and come back in for another retrieval on the same cycle (something that I later learned is extremely rare). Of the three eggs we had one make it to transfer and is now our sweet, spunky little boy. Dr. Walmer is incredibly knowledgeable, keeps up to date on current research, and is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.
Stay away from Google and trust that he is doing the best course with your specific diagnosis in mind!
Dr. Walmer was the most kind doctor and followed up his warm bedside manner with lots of research, follow ups, and excellent care. He gave hugs and seemed to honestly care along every step of the way.
To help with my sanity I kept away from overanalyzing the protocols for my cycle. I wanted to keep stress free during the process so put my trust in his decisions. I know this is not the route for everyone but I am so glad I did. Of course now I remember nothing of your protocols and slightly regret that since we may try again in the near future.
I saw Dr. Walmer for most appointments but did communicate with the nurses a great deal through the patient portal. They were always quick to respond and friendly-even when I was a nervous wreck at times!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I have no complaints about the clinic. The financial coordinator was thorough during our appointment, giving options and information on any additional costs that may incur. The patient portal was amazing as I used it often. I messaged once on a weekend because I was not sent an injection pen with my medications (through a separate pharmacy) and the other doctor on staff met me that day with a pen. I couldn't recommend ARM more.
My husband mostly handled the financial aspect but I believe it was 11/12 k for the procedure (ivf with icsi) and another 3k for medications. We paid out of pocket and they did help by providing a list of ways to get discounted medications.
Dr. Walmer strongly suggests single embryo and though I do agree we had no choice since only one embryo made it transfer.
Raleigh

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.

The compassion, care, and dedication that Dr. Walmer has is like no other doctor I've encountered. I live 2 hours away and he makes sure that we always have a steady stream of dialogue and communication through phone and email when we can't see each other in person. We work together as a team and I truly feel that he will help me make my dream of being a mother come true.
I have quite the confusing case of unexplained infertility. I tend to stump most of the doctors I work with. Dr. Walmer continues to do everything he can to create protocols designed with our best interests in need. Every time I have had a question or concern, he responds by phone or email within the same day. He is the only doctor to successfully stop my pre-period spotting for the first time in over two and a half-years. I'm a tough case to crack, but his patience and persistence goes a long way on this journey. I feel like he's a part of my family, not just a doctor. That's how compassionate and caring he truly is!
Please go see him and make him the first doctor you see! I wish I would have seen him the first time, over a year ago!
I always respond well to his protocols, but just haven't gotten pregnant. 1 cycle of 10 mgs Letrozole cycle days 3-12, Pregnyl HCG trigger , 2 HCG boosters after doing the Stork otc (in lieu of an IUI since I've been an ambassador for the company and we are saving for IVF- no make factor so that doesn't make a difference). Another cycle just like that, but 12 mgs of Letrozole. Then another cycle with the 12 mgs but added in Estradiol patches on day of trigger to stop spotting before period. This current cycle was 40 mgs of tamoxifen instead of Femara /Letrozole.
I've only really dealt with them over phone and email at this point (that's about to change with IVF) since I do most of my monitoring at my local RE 2 hours away. So far, everyone has been amazing!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
My situation is quite different than others because I technically go to two clinics. I've spent more time at my local RE to be remotely monitored, but so excited to spend more time at ARMS with IVF on the horizon!
Typical to that of what you'd see everywhere- middle of the road, I guess.
We are about to embark on IVF and he is insisting upon only one embryo, even though I've repeatedly asked to do two. He says that after trying for this long, his goal is for me to have one healthy as possible pregnancy and twins are high risk. He said he will do as many transfers for siblings that I would like afterward.
Raleigh

From the moment we met Dr. Walmer we knew that he was a right fit to help us continue our family. Not only did he approach our situation with his expertise but he was also kind and compassionate....I feel like sometimes Dr. Walmer will try to limit some information so that the patient receives to eliminate stress. Unfortunately for me I google a lot and have a ton of questions. I can be a terrible patient, thinking of the worst case scenarios. Dr. Walmer always answered my crazy questions though and never made me feel crazy for it.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. I feel like sometimes Dr. Walmer will try to limit some information so that the patient receives to eliminate stress. Unfortunately for me I google a lot and have a ton of questions. I can be a terrible patient, thinking of the worst case scenarios. Dr. Walmer always answered my crazy questions though and never made me feel crazy for it.
Dr. Walmer was always so kind with his words and was wonderful at putting both myself and my partner at ease. He would answer my questions on nights and weekends. I never felt like I had a stupid question.
Atlantic does batch cycling. I suppressed with birth control pills until the designated time. I had a baseline ultrasound and it was determined that I would not have to use Cetrocide. I stimmed for 11 days using 375u of Gonal-F and 20 units of a microdose HCG. Cetrocide was added starting on day 8 and I triggered with 5,000u of HCG with luteal support of 2,500u on both days 14 and 16 of the cycle. Retrieval was on day 13 of the cycle and we transferred one grade 3AB embryo on day 5.
The entire nursing staff was excellent. They were quick to answer questions and very compassionate. I felt like they were rooting for us the entire time. I even had a nurse tell me that she had specifically come to work at this clinic because of the quality of care that they provided and she spoke of how much she loved her job. We even got personalized messages from a lot of the nurses after our positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Strengths -Many early morning appointments. I live about an hour and twenty minutes from the clinic so early morning monitoring was important so I didn't miss much work. -Lab results always came back quickly -They offered a military discount -Seriously felt like I was a member of the family -The other doctor in the clinic, Dr. Copeland, was fantastic as well. My doctor was out for 2 of my monitoring appointments and she was absolutely fantastic Weaknesses None
Roughly, between copays for procedures covered under insurance and out of pocket expenses due to the IVF itself (I have no insurance coverage for IVF) we spent about $10,000 for a cycle (this is not including the IVF meds)
Raleigh

Dr Walmer spent 2 hours talking to us and explaining why we probably haven’t gotten pregnant yet due to my endometriosis. He explained things in a way the past 3 doctors never did. We felt Valued and taken care of. We have never felt this way with any doctor before ... We tried 3 months of clomid with no response , 4 iui’s but Dr Walmer wanted to do a higher dosage of letrozole for a longer period to try to produce more eggs to get where they need to go.
Dr Walmer took the time to explain so much to us. We had seen 3 doctors before him and the 2 hours spent with him were more informative and better than any other doctor. We felt like the most important people in the room with him.
Go in expected to be cared for and have all of your questions answered!
I have endometriosis and had surgery to remove it in 2017. We tried 3 months of clomid with no response , 4 iui’s but Dr Walmer wanted to do a higher dosage of letrozole for a longer period to try to produce more eggs to get where they need to go. He doesn’t think we need iui because my husband’s sperm count and motility are so great
I have honestly interacted with Dr Walmer more than the nursing staff. They were kind and courteous but he is the one that calls me after ultrasounds and bloodwork
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Strengths- everyone we met was very nice and welcoming. The lobby/ waiting room had water, tea, coffee and snacks. They were all organized, and they seemed to really care. They have a portal and are quick to answer questions. There’s an on call doctor and nurse at all time
Copay 80 dollars with blue Cross blue shield
Raleigh

Dr. Walmer is amazing. He explained things in a manner that was easy to understand. He was caring and compassionate throughout our entire emotional journey. He truly cares about his patients. It is rare to find someone that is so sincere!...The nursing staff is amazing! Everyone there sincerely cares and wants to help. I always felt comfortable to ask questions. They remember you and treat you like a human being, not like a number. I love these ladies!
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
Dr. Walmer and the entire staff were caring, thoughtful and excited to help us. I would recommend them to everyone!!
My husband was the memory for everything (mine is horrible!). After our initial consultation, my husband and I both had testing done to try to narrow down the issue. Since the issue was with me (female), Dr Walmer performed more detailed tests. I had to have 2 hysteroscopies, we tried injections to boost egg release, injections and pills for follicle stimulation, 3 IUI's.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I honestly can't think of a weakness for this clinic. Everyone here from the front desk to the office staff to the nurses and Dr Walmer are all amazing. I highly recommend them to everyone that needs fertility services!
My insurance does not cover much for infertility, so we did spend a few thousand dollars overall.
Raleigh

Dr. Walmer was extremely nice and caring. The only negative thing I have to say is that, he never gave me a clear idea of what next steps I should take. I wasn't ever sure if IVF was the right step for me or not.... was on Letrozole for a few cycles but they gave me headaches. He also instructed my husband to take CoQ10. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I'm not sure they helped.
Ask specific questions if you have any thoughts or questions
Dr. Walmer was always very kind and considerate of my feelings
I was on Letrozole for a few cycles but they gave me headaches. He also instructed my husband to take CoQ10. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I'm not sure they helped.
Everyone is always very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is very warm and everyone is very kind.
IUI was about $900 and IVF was priced at about $17,000

2013
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I felt incredibly cared for by Dr Walmer and everyone in his office. They were patient, readily available, and made sure all of my questions were answered. Everyone in the practice who treated me knew my name and made me feel as comfortable as possible.
2013
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
So kind, caring and compassionate. He's truly an amazing guy.