Medical SchoolU. of North Carolina
Charlotte, NC 28262
919) 328-3105
10208 Cerny Street
Raleigh, NC 27617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend David Walmer to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists to a friend?
The compassion, care, and dedication that Dr. Walmer has is like no other doctor I've encountered. I live 2 hours away and he makes sure that we always have a steady stream of dialogue and communication through phone and email when we can't see each other in person. We work together as a team and I truly feel that he will help me make my dream of being a mother come true.
How was your experience with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
I have quite the confusing case of unexplained infertility. I tend to stump most of the doctors I work with. Dr. Walmer continues to do everything he can to create protocols designed with our best interests in need. Every time I have had a question or concern, he responds by phone or email within the same day. He is the only doctor to successfully stop my pre-period spotting for the first time in over two and a half-years. I'm a tough case to crack, but his patience and persistence goes a long way on this journey. I feel like he's a part of my family, not just a doctor. That's how compassionate and caring he truly is!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Please go see him and make him the first doctor you see! I wish I would have seen him the first time, over a year ago!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the protocols David Walmer used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
I always respond well to his protocols, but just haven't gotten pregnant. 1 cycle of 10 mgs Letrozole cycle days 3-12, Pregnyl HCG trigger , 2 HCG boosters after doing the Stork otc (in lieu of an IUI since I've been an ambassador for the company and we are saving for IVF- no make factor so that doesn't make a difference). Another cycle just like that, but 12 mgs of Letrozole. Then another cycle with the 12 mgs but added in Estradiol patches on day of trigger to stop spotting before period. This current cycle was 40 mgs of tamoxifen instead of Femara /Letrozole.
I've only really dealt with them over phone and email at this point (that's about to change with IVF) since I do most of my monitoring at my local RE 2 hours away. So far, everyone has been amazing!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
My situation is quite different than others because I technically go to two clinics. I've spent more time at my local RE to be remotely monitored, but so excited to spend more time at ARMS with IVF on the horizon!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Typical to that of what you'd see everywhere- middle of the road, I guess.
Describe David Walmer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
We are about to embark on IVF and he is insisting upon only one embryo, even though I've repeatedly asked to do two. He says that after trying for this long, his goal is for me to have one healthy as possible pregnancy and twins are high risk. He said he will do as many transfers for siblings that I would like afterward.
Raleigh
From the moment we met Dr. Walmer we knew that he was a right fit to help us continue our family. Not only did he approach our situation with his expertise but he was also kind and compassionate....I feel like sometimes Dr. Walmer will try to limit some information so that the patient receives to eliminate stress. Unfortunately for me I google a lot and have a ton of questions. I can be a terrible patient, thinking of the worst case scenarios. Dr. Walmer always answered my crazy questions though and never made me feel crazy for it.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. I feel like sometimes Dr. Walmer will try to limit some information so that the patient receives to eliminate stress. Unfortunately for me I google a lot and have a ton of questions. I can be a terrible patient, thinking of the worst case scenarios. Dr. Walmer always answered my crazy questions though and never made me feel crazy for it.
Dr. Walmer was always so kind with his words and was wonderful at putting both myself and my partner at ease. He would answer my questions on nights and weekends. I never felt like I had a stupid question.
Atlantic does batch cycling. I suppressed with birth control pills until the designated time. I had a baseline ultrasound and it was determined that I would not have to use Cetrocide. I stimmed for 11 days using 375u of Gonal-F and 20 units of a microdose HCG. Cetrocide was added starting on day 8 and I triggered with 5,000u of HCG with luteal support of 2,500u on both days 14 and 16 of the cycle. Retrieval was on day 13 of the cycle and we transferred one grade 3AB embryo on day 5.
The entire nursing staff was excellent. They were quick to answer questions and very compassionate. I felt like they were rooting for us the entire time. I even had a nurse tell me that she had specifically come to work at this clinic because of the quality of care that they provided and she spoke of how much she loved her job. We even got personalized messages from a lot of the nurses after our positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Strengths -Many early morning appointments. I live about an hour and twenty minutes from the clinic so early morning monitoring was important so I didn't miss much work. -Lab results always came back quickly -They offered a military discount -Seriously felt like I was a member of the family -The other doctor in the clinic, Dr. Copeland, was fantastic as well. My doctor was out for 2 of my monitoring appointments and she was absolutely fantastic Weaknesses None
Roughly, between copays for procedures covered under insurance and out of pocket expenses due to the IVF itself (I have no insurance coverage for IVF) we spent about $10,000 for a cycle (this is not including the IVF meds)
Raleigh
Dr. Walmer is amazing. He explained things in a manner that was easy to understand. He was caring and compassionate throughout our entire emotional journey. He truly cares about his patients. It is rare to find someone that is so sincere!...The nursing staff is amazing! Everyone there sincerely cares and wants to help. I always felt comfortable to ask questions. They remember you and treat you like a human being, not like a number. I love these ladies!
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
Dr. Walmer and the entire staff were caring, thoughtful and excited to help us. I would recommend them to everyone!!
My husband was the memory for everything (mine is horrible!). After our initial consultation, my husband and I both had testing done to try to narrow down the issue. Since the issue was with me (female), Dr Walmer performed more detailed tests. I had to have 2 hysteroscopies, we tried injections to boost egg release, injections and pills for follicle stimulation, 3 IUI's.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I honestly can't think of a weakness for this clinic. Everyone here from the front desk to the office staff to the nurses and Dr Walmer are all amazing. I highly recommend them to everyone that needs fertility services!
My insurance does not cover much for infertility, so we did spend a few thousand dollars overall.
Raleigh
Dr. Walmer was extremely nice and caring. The only negative thing I have to say is that, he never gave me a clear idea of what next steps I should take. I wasn't ever sure if IVF was the right step for me or not.... was on Letrozole for a few cycles but they gave me headaches. He also instructed my husband to take CoQ10. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I'm not sure they helped.
Ask specific questions if you have any thoughts or questions
Dr. Walmer was always very kind and considerate of my feelings
I was on Letrozole for a few cycles but they gave me headaches. He also instructed my husband to take CoQ10. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I'm not sure they helped.
Everyone is always very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is very warm and everyone is very kind.
IUI was about $900 and IVF was priced at about $17,000
2013
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I felt incredibly cared for by Dr Walmer and everyone in his office. They were patient, readily available, and made sure all of my questions were answered. Everyone in the practice who treated me knew my name and made me feel as comfortable as possible.
2013
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
So kind, caring and compassionate. He's truly an amazing guy.